new site layout advice

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

new site layout advice

Postby Mr. Rogers » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:03 pm

i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to make this layout better. i really like the part on the upper left, with the buttons and praying people. but i think this layout still needs some work. i like how the navigation looks too, but i think it might be in the wrong spot. any advice on how to make it better would be greatly appreciated. im working on this new site, and the only thing holding me back, is getting the layout finished.
Mr. Rogers

Postby Esoteric » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:45 pm

I like the design overall. That's a pretty big header, but as long as people aren't going to have to scroll down on every page to view content, it should be fine. I would agree with moving the navigation up and putting the Switchfoot quote somewhere else... with everything else so colorful, it just feels like a big gray 'hole' up there. Hope that helps.
Esoteric

Postby RoyalWing » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:57 pm

RoyalWing

Postby Blurb » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:19 am

Good start, a lighter gray on the background color might help the red and blue from standing out so much, you know, to help the flow of the site to the viewer. I completely agree with what Esoteric said about the quote. Maybe pulling the header limage all the way to the edge and pushing the quote down and smaller, with a different font. And the text with the sites address/name is rather hard to see, it needs to be brought out more. I actually had a hard time reading what it said.

It's a good start though, if you want some good free fonts to try out check http://www.blambot.com/
I am a mighty mighty taco, fear the taco, eat the taco.
Blurb

Return to Tutorials