Infinite Heroes

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Infinite Heroes

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:35 pm

OOC - whatever you want, at this point BL. She could join the growing mob of people by the walls, or even try to escape. That's up to you at this point, and both choices will have aomething for her to (hopefully xD) actively do.

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
The stranger nodded in understanding, and pulled up a menu - it was different from a player's menu, containing not only things reserved for admins. and mods, but also other things named only by symbols. He chose one of these, and a whole new list appeared. He sifted through it a moment, then selected something and closed the menu. "Check yours now - yes you can do that again, completely. You'll find the option to log out there, perhaps that will prove I can do as I say?"

/Lily/
Shs pouted when Hael pulled her off, and none too gently either. Well, this would be a hard nut to crack...oh well, she'd figure it out eventually. Smiling up at Clear, she ran towards the door ahead, exitting from the darkness into the light beyond.
Her eyes widened - they were in a garden! There was a silver arch just ahead...laughing, she hurried towards it in time to see a blue-haired guy come through, his back to her as he apparently was talking to someone behind him.
Is that really...well. what do you know.
Lily kept running towards him, a mischievous smile on her cute face.
Oh, why not...I owe him some mischief.
"SURPRISE!" Lily shrieked gleefully as she leapt onto his back. "Clear, Clear! Come here! I found people!"

/Pierce/Arachni/
On top of them...it was more like it would fall from under them...oh well. Let her think what she wanted, he supposed, it would help her focus.
He stumbled forward as an unexpected weight landed on his back, stumbling into a bush in a very uncomfortable position. Scrambling, more than a little freaked out, he struggled upright while trying to pull whatever shrieking thing that was on his back off.
"Get this thing off of me!" he shouted.

/Eshalehm/Rasmus/
"...so where is he now? You'd think he'd be preparing for their arrival. "
Rasmus blinked, slowly regaining his wits. He was still in a cave, though clearly not the one he'd started in, the walls were...much too neatly made. Where the heck was he?
"Last I saw, Master was dealing with the kitty and the demon."
"Really? How'd that work out?"
Well that one, Michaelis, sure sounded hopeful...Rasmus sat up, rubbing his eyes and taking stock of his surroundings. No, the place was much too neat to be the old cave. There were three, the Infected, Michaelis, and a blonde girl that glowed, and they seemed to be discussing something quite seriously.
The Infected sprawled against the wall, his hands raised slightly in an uncertain gesture. "It seemed the Master had put the demon to sleep, and is discussing with the werecat. The Master is actually offering to log out the werecat and his demon friend!"
"What?!" Both Michaelis and the girl stared at him, then at each other. Michaelis suddenly looked both angry and terrified. "The heck is he thinking? Logging them out?"
"But, that's going against the whole reason he trapped us here," the girl said, clearly puzzled. Michaelis' s eyes suddenly widened.
"Unless..." he suddenly turned, reaching out to grab Rasmus by the collar of his cloak. "You!" He snapped. "Where is Oracle? Or at least the body she adopted, where is she?"
"Don't have a darn clue who you're talking about," Rasmus replied, glaring at him. Michaelis slapped him twice as he responded.
"Like heck you don't, you were her trusted underling during the clan wars, and you were with her when she escaped Dynos, so where ia she?"
"I have no clue! I swear I've never heard of an oracle ever being here, or been with one!" Another slapping left his vision flickering as Michaelis continued shouting at him.
"Michaelis stop!" The girl caught his arm, staring at him pleadingly. "Just stop." Michaelis glared at her a moment, thwn sighed and threw Rasmus aside. He turned away, punching the wall and leaving a fair-sized dent. Rasmus' s eyes widened.
"I need to know, have to know, where Mom is," he said, his teeth and fists clenched so tightly he was shaking. "I have to know!"
"Why bother?" The Infected asked. "Master will just cinsume her as he's done everyone else. You'd be better not knowing."
"Shut up Gii!" Michaelis snapped. The girl flinched nervously as he kept going. "You're all broken and messed up! Heck, its amazing you're still alive after everything he did to you!"
"Michaelis STOP!" The girl practically screamed, her glow suddenly intensifying. Everyone fell back covering their faces till eventually she dimmed again. Her hands were clenched tightly on her skirt. Michaelis sighed.
"Sorry. But seriously, what do we do now?"
"Wait," Gii suddenly suggested, an odd smile on his face. "He hasn't finished with the demon or cat yet, lets wait and see where it goes."
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Banana Lobster » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:06 pm

OOC: Okay Wolf, thanks. Short post, haha.

Sage Shade

Lily's delighted shouts made Shade flinch, thinking of home, before she roughly pushed such thoughts away again. Thinking of home would only distract her, and this place was dangerous. The jester had only been the first test, there was no telling what would come next. She needed her wits about her if she was going to make it home again. Leaving Lily's new friend to the others, she continued to watch the path behind them.

Azure Archer

With a hiss of pain, Azure carefully pulled herself up the stairs to the top of the wall. She already had an idea of the monsters outside, but a clear look would definitely be a good idea. Her leg was still hurting while the healing potion worked, but she needed to know if there was any way to escape; what had once seemed like a good place to hide suddenly felt more like a cage. If the monsters hadn't already surrounded the city, she might be able to get a horse and ride south, get out from under the hammer....
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:27 am

OOC: Huh. Well, that was a break and a half. Guess who's back!

Saify's first reaction was to dart forward and grab the unknown attacker, but she involuntarily hesitated when she thought about what she was doing. If it was attacking Pierce, it couldn't be all that bad, right? But, Pierce was an ally, she reminded herself, so she moved to help him. Before she got close enough to remove the unidentified threat, though, she realized it was no threat at all, and just a small girl that had layed low the mighty Pierce just by jumping on his back.
Saify crossed her arms and grinned, content to let this scene resolve itself.

Clear led the way into a huge... garden? What? They were in a cave literally .3 seconds ago, dark, dank, dusty, and now they were in a wide open, sunlit garden, with overgrown hedges all around and a ornate silver arch ahead of them. Video games, man.
Lily ran on ahead of the group eagerly, and Clear let her; this place seemed pretty safe, after all. What could go wrong? As it turned out, a surprising bit, since she heard screaming almost immediately following Lily's disappearance. She ran after the Lily to find that the girl had tackled someone into the bushes while their friend stood by and watched in amusement.
"AahLilywhatareyoudoingstopjumpingonpeople!" Clear exclaimed, dashing in and grabbing the girl, pulling her up off of her poor, unwitting victim. "I'm sorry! She just gets overexcited and she--"
"Clair?"
Clear stopped cold as that different yet familiar voice cut through her apology. She dropped Lily on the group and turned to face the victim's ally. "Katherine?"She asked in disbelief as she saw her sister's avatar before her.

"Cla... Clear, you're here... you... you..." Saify clenched her fists and looked at the ground, trying to cover the myriad of emotions fighting for control of her face.
"Katherine, I found you!" Clear exclaimed, taking a step toward her, "I was looking for you! I wasn't sure I'd ever make--"
Saify interrupted her sister by grabbing the front of her shirt in both hands, picking her up off the ground, and shaking her around like a ragdoll. "AahClearwhatareyoudoingnyoushouldbehome!" She cried, deciding to let the frustration of her sister's stupidity win out.
"I-came-to-find-youuuuuu blurgh." Clear said between shakes, ending with a motion-sick groan. This, admittedly, was not how she saw her reunion with her sister working out. Finally, Saify stopped shaking her and set her down on the ground. "I couldn't let you do this alone." She said.
Saify wanted to yell and berate her sister for coming into the game like a complete bonehead, knowing the situation inside, but she gritted her teeth and suppressed the urge. She took a few deep breaths while she thought of something to say, but nothing came to mind. Finally, she sighed and looked up at her sister, "Just... stay behind me. I'll keep you safe, promise."
After that, she glanced at Pierce, "The stakes just got higher. Don't mess this up."
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:04 pm

OOC - yay, people!

/Pierce/Arachni/Lily/
Lily shrieked happily as Clear pulled her off, and Pierce staggered back to his feet feeling rather flustered. He KNEW Saify had been laughing, and it grated on his ego to have been taken by surprise by a BRAT. Saify started yelling at the newcomer, but he focused an evil glare at the girl, who smiled cheekily back. The glare faded, replaced by a frown as he studied the child facing him, a strange gleam in her eye. "You're a mess," he said critically.
"I know," she said softly, her voice suddenly sounding older, more mature. His eyebrows rose. "And you should be able to guess. Its partly your fault I had to hide in this form."
He grimaced at that. "Gods, if everyone going to blame me for everything? Just answer me straight, who the heck are you?"
She smirked, and the mature aura was replaced by a smiling child's innocence. "You're funny, mister," she said as she stepped back.
"Hey," he started to say, reaching for her, but she skipped away behind Clear and stuck her tongue out at him. He glowered, thoroughly confused and upset.
"The stakes just got higher. Don't mess this up."
He sighed, tempted to try and hit her. Of course, that would have obvious consequences, not to mention possible reaction fromthis new person...why? Why him? "Sure, sure, pile it on!" He groused, not bothering to hide his irritation. "Gimme all your cares and worries and WHATEVER ELSE COMES TO MIND, I'll carry them all! I'm the only one who could overwrite the crap data that caused this pit of hades to come into being, but somehow I'M the expendable breakable one. Just bloody beautiful." He started away from them, muttering to himself. "I'm not Cyrano, I'm not a bloody hero. I'm just human, I snap and break, I'm fragile. I'm also a villain, this 'saving the world' shebang isn't my job, I should be usurping the guy and taking his place but no, I had to develop a friggin' conscience at the last second."
"He's funny," Lily remarked, grinning. He whirled around, pointing at her.
"And you! You've so much crap data in you I'm shocked you've got a solid working stable form! You're not an innocent brat either, the heck are you??"
She crossed her eyes at him as she stuck her tongue out. Pierce looked very ticked, but also not entirely sure what to do as his usual methods of handling such things would probably earn him a LOT of trouble from those two.

OOC- I.ll get to M'kalna shortly BL, but I have to run tonight xD
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:44 pm

OOC: ....................................................................................................................................... 'Sup, guys!

"Crap data that caused this?" Saify asked once Pierce had finished his rant. "Caused? You want to talk about what caused this, do you?" She crossed her arms, glaring harshly, accusingly at Pierce. "It was you. You were the one who started this whole thing of corrupting the game, you were the one who tried to imprison us all to begin with, heck, you were probably the one who gave the real mastermind here the tools he needed to achieve everything! This whole mess, this trouble we're in, everything you're complaining about is all your fault!! Put your pity party on hold until someone actually cares, and do something worthwhile. If you really intend to fix things, then suck it up, stop complaining, and FIX THEM!"
Saify flinched as Clear softly set a hand on her shoulder, reigning her anger in. "So, judging from Katherine's little outburst, I'm guessing you're the Pierce that she so hates?" She asked, smiling knowingly. "You'll have to excuse her anger. My sister has always been able to get a little... passionate. Still, you were a bit of a scumbag piece of trash back when you first met, but never mind that. You did us a good favor a while back, mr. Pierce," She added a little conspiratorial wink, "So I'll give you a chance at this. Tell you what, you do your best to get us out of here, and I'll keep my sister from killing you. All right?" She was smiling and speaking softly, in that big-sisterly way she had, trying to defuse the situation and comfort the poor villain here. It was true, she owed him for the help he gave them in finding Aeon, whether he knew it or not. Supporting him while he worked to save them all from the game was the least she could do.
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:22 pm

OOC: Still hopin' Wolf! Hey Odd! ^^/

Sage Shade

Shade rolled her eyes. Was this for real? Half pity party, half raging psycho rant, could this get any more ridicules? Fed up with all the noise, she finally drawled, "Are we going to keep moving, or are we just going to stand around and yell at each other all day? Quite frankly, I don't care who made this mess right now, I want to get out, and then I want to find and pound the idiot."
Banana Lobster

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:58 pm

OOC - Hey guys. I'm sorry I've been so absent and horrible recently (well I've been absent for like a month...). Life got ridiculously busy for a while and I...well, I was overwhelmed and couldn't seem to find the time or energy to put anything together. I'm really sorry for just disappearing on you and I'll try not to do that again.

David/M'kalna
Jn'tova was gathering the scattered, frightened people; he was much better at handling people than M'kalna was, so he was happy to leave him the job.
Still, he did not like their odds. Keeto and a few others had risked their necks to go get a gander, and while they were not surrounded, that did not decrease the danger from the monstrous river pouring toward them from the highlands. However, it gave them space to lead the injured and those who couldn't fight out the back to escape...
Ah heck. There was no way to make this.
"...and I know things look bleak, but if we act now we can and will make it!"
Good job Jn'tova. At least they'll be filled with halfhearted hopes till the end.
"And I know just the man to lead us through this!"
That barely registered and he turned to glare at the man grinning at him from the wall. Jn'tova raised his hand and pointed at him. "That there is M'kalna, my brother, and a soldier from back home! He has experience in this, and he can lead us to victory."
I'm gonna kill you, M'kalna mouthed in his direction, not hiding his disgust. Jn'tova only grinned harder.

"I hate you so much." M'kalna glared at his brother with great annoyance. Jn'tova just grinned at him.
"Hate to admit it, but you are sort of our best option at the moment. So sorry bro, but this is your job now. I'll gather them up and then its your job." And he trotted away.
"You're paying for this when we get home!" M'kalna shouted at him. Sighing he turned and found the woman from before behind him. Crossing his arms he asked, "and what do you want?"
"He said you were a solider, from back home," she managed to say. "Please, were you stationed at all across the continent? My husband, he was on leave and was playing this game when everyone got trapped. His name was David Renalds."
He blinked, staring at her. "Who?" He asked slowly.
"David Renalds. He's my husband. I came here to find him."

OOC 2- Banana, there's a couple groups gathering. One tomfight and one to flee. Your character can take her pick.

/Pierce/Arachni/Lily/
Mr. Pierce? Where the blazes did that come from? There was someone else who'd called him that, but for various reasons those weren't entirely fond memories. His thigh still hurt...
"Whatever. What the bloody ever." He stepped back slightly, his attention drawn back to Lily. "Seriously, speaking of crap data, where did you find her?" He pointed at Lily. "She's like a treasure trove of it."
Lily stared back at him, a naughty smirk on her face. She skipped a couple steps toward him suddenly and he staggered back, a hand raised in front of him protectively. Lily started laughing, much to his annoyance. "Sorry Pierce," she said, her voice suddenly changed, mature and grownup. Pierce's eyes widened- that voice sounded familiar.
"Seriously," he said, staring at her cautiously. "Where the heck did you find this...thing?"

OOC- I'll get us outta here in a moment Odd and BL, but I need to talk to Claec xD

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:03 am

OOC: I'm sorry for the lateness, guys. I really have no good excuse so I'm not gonna try to come up with one. I'm sorry if this is half-baked.

/Jenna/Hael/
Hael watched the touching reunion before, compeletely unmoved. For the vaguest of moments it made her think of her sisters back home, but again, with complete apathy. Instead, she began to analyze the new people they'd encountered. She was a bit surprised and strangely irritated to see the spear-wielder again, managing to forget that she was the very reason she'd come here. Perhaps Hael hadn't really intended to run into her. It was really hard to say.
Then there was the strange fellow with her, the one their smallest companion had latched herself onto. He definitely looked sketchy, to say the least. His atmosphere set off warning bells in Hael's head, and she found herself casting regular glances in his direction, subconsciously keeping an eye on his every movement.

/Eric/Zare/
Hesitantly, not willing to take his eyes off the stranger, Zare did as he said, finding that he was right. The option was there...tantalizing and tangible...
And yet...if it was really that easy, why wasn't he doing this for everyone? Why come up to Zare and Ash personally to offer them a way out. If he could do what he said, why not just end this mess and let everyone out?
Zare stared at the man for a good while, weighing his words. Somehow, his proof wasn't quite concrete enough for Zare. If anything, the fact that this strange man he'd never seen or heard of had access to such administrative powers, seemed rather suspicious. Zare didn't know enough about this guy to put his trust in him.
But...what he offered, if it was true, was exactly what Ash needed. Ash desperately needed to get out of here. He needed help. Zare was beginning to wonder if this was really an ingame issue, or something wrong with Ash himself, that would linger outside the game.
It was then that he realized...if that was the case...the last thing he wanted to do was let Ash out of his sight. The instant they logged out of this game, Zare would lose contact with him. He knew nothing about Ash in real life. Didn't even know his name, let alone where he lived or how to find him. And from what he knew of him, it was very likely that he was alone. And right now...Zare had no intention of allowing that.
"I'm sorry, man," Zare finally said, in a rather unapologetic tone. "I have no real reason to trust you. You seem legit enough, but...I don't really want to stake my fate on the words and a little magic of a guy I met four minutes ago. I know my friend needs help. But I'm not sure you can give it to him. And that's not a gamble I'm willing to take. I'm sure you understand."
Zare watched the man, waiting to see if his response would be volatile, weighing what he needed to do if it was.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:23 pm

OOC - hey, sorry about not posting recently, I promise I'm working on something now, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm doing Nano on top of a bunch of other projects I've already been attempt to balance on my insane schedule, so I may be VERY absent this November.
I have not forgotten you guys, this is geared mostly towards that, I promise I'll try and put some real thought into it so we can wrap this freaking thing up finally xD
How old is it now? 2 years? I'm losing track.

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
The man seemed surprised at his words, rendered speechless for a moment. "I see," he said slowly, thoughtfully, studying Zare with an entirely different sort of scrutiny. "Interesting..." An odd smile grew on his face. "I'll be curious to see where this goes then. Very well, but I will leave you the option if you change your mind." He backed away, pausing beside the great bush.

"Do me a favor, and let Pierce knowing I'm waiting with a final surprise for him? I'd appreciate it if he continued to anticipate his...quest." he smirked just before disappearing.

Conveniently, Ash began to stir when he left, his eyes opening; they were their appropriate appearance - it was Stephen this time. He still seemed different though, an odd sort of film around the edges, and if you looked closely you could see a hint of brown in his gray eyes. He groaned as he sat up, his hand resting on his forehead.

"Ow...the heck?" He jerked forward, looking almost frantically around till he spotted Zare, only then did he relax somewhat. "Zare, I...what happened? Everything feels so..." he rubbed his forehead pensively, eyes narrowed as he tried to focus the odd jumble of things in his head.

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:25 am

/Eric/Zare/
Did I just make a horrible mistake?
Zare shoved the question to the back of his mind. It was too late to worry about that right now. He didn't even have time to wonder about that last statement he'd made, aside from being surprised to hear Pierce's name. Because Ash was moving. Tensing, ready for a fight, Zare watched Ash, breathing a sigh of relief when he saw that Ash looked...at least mostly...normal. Still a bit wary, he watched his friend, trying to judge what was going on inside his head right now. But it was impossible to know, and guessing wasn't going to help anyone.
Kneeling down beside him, Zare put a hand on Ash's shoulder, looking him in the eye.
"Something happened to you...it wasn't normal..." Zare didn't bother to mention the bit where he'd almost been strangled to death. "Something tells me you know what's going on...do you care to tell me?"
Zare was nervous to tell Ash about the man they'd encountered. It wasn't that he was afraid Ash would be upset for turning him down; surely he would want to stay and keep looking for Pierce. But...
Zare shook off the thoughts, focusing on Ash. The sooner he figured out what was going on, the better.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:12 pm

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
He stared at Zare, his face deadpan as his thoughts milled around in his head. Finally, he responded. "You remember that fight when...all this happened, I guess?" He shrugged, standing up. "When the game became this...I don't entirely know. I felt like some sort of separation had occurred. This thing...its not just an act I played. It became its own bloody consciousness."

He stared at Zare a moment, then sighed, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, it...surprised me earlier. It won't happen again. Lets keep moving." and he started down the path. He felt odd, though, different than he normally felt. He felt almost separated from himself, in a way. Was this because that thing had taken over, had it actually tried to force him completely from his body?

What was going to happen to him?

There was another arch, and suddenly they were in a garden. Also before them stood a surprisingly large group of people, including Saify and Pierce. The rest were unfamiliar to Ash. Stranger still was this smaller girl who had attached herself to Pierce's leg, and he seemed an odd mix of irritated and nervous. It was almost enduring, in a strange way.

Before either group could react to the other, the large hedge just behind them suddenly opened up into a new arch, revealing a large gateway. Pierce stared up at it, then shrugged. "Guess this is the way in...you! Get this...child off me, please!" he shouted at Clear, motioning to Lily who seemed determined to annoy him.

OOC - OKAY! DID IT! So I kinda rushed it I hope its okay xDD I just realized this thing is actually nearly two years old so I'm going to sincerely put all my effort into it from now on I'm so sorry guys :(

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:07 am

/Eric/Zare/
Zare opened his mouth to respond, but Ash was walking away. Grumbling to himself, he fell into step beside Ash. One thing was for sure, but he wasn't buying that. Something told him this was going to happen again. That Ash simply wasn't okay. And his thought from earlier came back to him...what about Ash in real life? Who was going to take care of him when all this was over...?
Zare's thoughts were interrupted when he saw the scene before them. Reunited with Pierce's group, and a few people Zare hadn't met. So now what?
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:47 am

OOC: Boo.

Clear and Saify were both smirking, shamelessly enjoying the sight of Pierce being made thoroughly uncomfortable by Lily's incessant pestering. When Pierce gave a plea for help, the sisters exchanged a glance. "What do ya think? Should I pull her off?" Clear asked.

Saify shrugged. "Probably ought to. Pierce will have a fit, otherwise, and I've had about all of that that I can handle."

Clear walked over and put a hand on Lily's shoulder, trying to pull her away, but ended up having to wrap an arm around the girls waist and pry her arms free of Pierce's leg to get her away. "You are a stubborn little thing." Clear said, patting her on the head, "How about this; no more attaching yourself to the friendly villain without permission."

Saify turned to observe the pair that came in just now. A tall man with bright hair, and a shorter guy that looked out of place next to the intimidating presence of the first man. She belatedly realized that that swordswoman from the forest earlier was here, too. Saify was sure she had seen the men a time or two before, but at the moment, there was too much going on already to try and recall a couple of faces.

"Good day." She said by way of greeting, crossing her arms and giving a small nod. "Can I assume you're on our side? Seems everyone is, anymore."
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:07 pm

OOC: Aaaaaaand I'm late! I don't even have NaNo as an excuse anymore. :P

Azure Archer

"....I came here to find him."

Azure watched the two talk, but decided to butt in, rude though it was. "M'kalna, right? Azure. What can I do to help?"

Sage Shade

Shade glanced over at the two men stepping into the clearing. Counting herself, Hael, Lily, Clear, Saify and Pierce, there were now seven people standing there."The Magnificent Seven, huh?" she muttered, thinking of that old western her dad was so fond of watching. Another two people to work with, and watch. With such an eclectic group, there was no telling how well they would stick together, if at all. Not her idea of fun, game though this was supposed to be. Still, Hael didn't look too excited either; most likely a loner, like Shade herself. It was nice to know there was someone who understood the upsides to being a lone wolf, surrounded by all these team players as they were. Taking one last look at the path behind them, Shade stepped up to join the rather staggered circle they had made.
Banana Lobster

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:05 pm

OOC - so I did it again xD But I WAS thinking about it I promise! Anyways, I've sat down and hammered everything out, so hopefully we can wrap this up in style - or at least as much as we can for this work of...art. I don't even have words for this anymore...Anyhoo, back to basics. I will complete this!

/David/M'kalna/

He stared at her a moment, unable to form a word. Saving his hide was a sudden voice from a girl with black hair and gold eyes, watching them. "M'kalna, right? Azure. What can I do to help?" she asked.
M'kalna gratefully turned to her, running options through his head quickly. "Head over to the east wall, its the most broken, it'll need the most protection. Tell them I'll be there presently." when she left, he exhaled sharply; he'd never thought he'd be trying to save lives in a game. He felt a light tugging on his sleeve.
"Sir...M'kalna?"
Taking a deep breath, he turned and faced her again, studying her carefully. "If I may," he said after a second's thought. "Your name?"
"Karen Renalds. Please -"
"Aren't you supposed to be pregnant?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. She flinched, then looked at her hands.
"Ye-yes...but..." She straightened her shoulders and glared at him. "This baby needs its father too. So I came to get him back!" He snorted derisively.
"You can't even fight! You've never played a game like this in your life, what makes you think you'll just manage and make things work?"
"I just - wait, how did you-"
"They're coming!" Someone shrieked from the walls. Some of them started to draw back.
"HOLD YOUR GROUND!" M'kalna practically roared. He stared at Karen, who was watching him uncertainly, frowning; Not that the answers made him upset, it was just...why? Why did she have to come here? "Go to the back, join the evacuation," he commanded. "Get out of here. Believe me, if we get past this, you might just see your husband again." He turned on his heel and marched away, a silent voice in his head adding, If he lives through this. He made his way to the front for a better view, and now he could see perfectly.
"Seems every single bloody monster in this game came to say 'hi'," Jn'tova said, appearing next to him. M'kalna nodded slowly, shaking his head grimly.
"How are we supposed to win this?" he asked softly. Jn'tova grinned dryly at him.
"Isn't that up to you? I'm just a solider, I just follow orders."
"Thanks for the support," he snorted, hefting his axe. "Go help at the east wall. I think I'd better stay here." Jn'tova nodded and rushed off. M'kalna watched a long moment, then nodded slowly, "At my call - ready!" he shouted, his strong voice carrying over the field. The players around him prepared themselves.
It felt like one of those scenes in the movies, the last fraction of humanity against the oncoming, unending horde. As he shouted again, things did seem to slow, just as the first wave of monsters struck.
All heck broke loose.

/Pierce/Arachni/
He glared at the kid with some disgust as Clear talked to her, as she merely giggled. "I'll leave him be for now!" she declared with a grin. He shook his head, disgusted; children were just the worst. Why had the woman even brought her?!
He stared at Ash with some surprise, reading something strange in his brother's eyes. Something looked off, but he couldn't quite place it. Oh well. At least that stupid child was in Clear's hands. Quickly he closed in on the gate, a hand raised as he muttered a few words. The doors burst opened as his dark powers smashed against it, forcing them open and rushing into the building inside, scattering like particles in the wind.
"Well that was extravagant," Ash said behind him. Pierce ignored him as he entered the great hall, his eyes taking in everything.
The hall was something you'd expect in any archaic castle, a long white hall with ivory pillars supporting the ceiling, five on either side. A long crimson rug stretched from the gate to the stairs before them. There were a pair of doors, one to the left and one on the right. Pierce walked to about the center of the room, glancing between the doors, and then to the stairs.
"Well," he said finally. "Split up or what? Either way, I'm taking the stairs." He stayed focused on them, shadows starting to play through his hands. "He's up there. I'm sure of it."

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
"Yes yes, beautifully dramatic Pierce." Ash shook his head wryly, abruptly whacking him upside the head. Pierce's hands shot to his head in surprise, turning with an injured expression on his face. Ash grinned at him, then glanced back at the others. "I think we should stick together - and upstairs seems as good a place as any to go," he suggested.

/Lily/
Lily looked around, eyes narrowing as she took in her surroundings. This place was...huge. Beautiful even. And yet, it made her feel weird, as if every fiber of her being was being torn. Stranger still, she felt something pulling at her, drawing her towards...the right?
She took a few steps in that direction, eyes losing focus. What...was this? She felt like she should know...

/Eshalehm/Rasmus/
No one had said a word for several minutes now. To some degree, they even seemed to have forgotten him. Rasmus wasn't sure if that was good or not, he just had the strangest feeling he really needed to get out of here.
"So the demon is staying," Gii said suddenly, breaking the silence. Michaelis groaned as he rested his hand against his forehead, sounding quite peeved. Gii grinned as he watched him. "Who wants to take that one on?"
"Who says we have to?" Michaelis muttered, glaring at him. The mangled man giggled, which seemed to irritate him more. Turning his head away, Rasmus found himself pinned by his gaze. "Do you really not remember anything about yourself?" he asked after a moment.
Rasmus shrugged. "I dunno. Fill me in." Michaelis shook his head.
"Nah, can't. That's...the Boss's call."
"Shouldn't we tell him something?" the girl asked quietly.
"No point. Heck it might be better for both of them if he can't remember..."
"You mean, so Mother has a chance." He didn't respond to that. She sighed and turned away. There was another long moment of silence, and then Michaelis jolted upright.
"He's summoned us," he announced quietly. She bit her lip, clearly nervous, but ran quickly for a door Rasmus had missed before. Gii went next, followed by Michaelis. He glanced back at Rasmus and seemed to be thinking a moment, then hissed, "Take the door - find Oracle and set things right - she's got the only clean code left." and he shut the door.
Rasmus's eyes widened, not quite certain how to take that. Code? What the heck was that? Was this Michaelis a 'player' too? "I wish someone would start making sense!" he complained aloud. Ah well, at least that one seemed to want him to escape now. Standing quickly he ran to the door, carefully cracking it open. The way seemed clear, a dark hallway that spread out to either side. He glanced down both, debating, then sighed and took the road to the left.
Lets see where he'd end up.

OOC2- Is that everyone? Wow that's everyone. Okay then...here goes.

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:43 am

OOC: I am so, so sorry. No excuses, guess I just need to jump into things. I'm starting to think I should have left Hael back in town... Ah well. Oh, I am so lost...

/Jenna/Hael/
Hael didn't say a word to what anyone was saying. Most of those around her where open books from what she could tell, very easy to read and guess what kind of people they were. The only ones who really threw her off were the two men who apparently had some connection. The one who'd made her nervous earlier - Pierce, was it? - was no less so now, and the one who kept speaking to him was equally enigmatic. He didn't give off the same jerky, slightly villainous atmosphere as the other guy, but there was something about him... Hael was just a normal kid, she couldn't sense auras or any of that. But something about his mannerisms and the way he carried himself caught her attention. He seemed nervous and preoccupied by something. Not dangerous, but too on edge.
As Hael once again scanned the faces, her eyes met with the girl who had introduced herself during the fight. She had given Hael a look of familiarity or something, and she didn't quite understand that. But she saw her look back at the path they'd come on, and had a feeling that she was as hesitant to band herself with these strange people as Hael was. But Hael shrugged it off. It really didn't matter anyways. She didn't actually remember why she'd felt driven to come up here in the first place. She was already tired of it.

/Eric/Zare/
Zare kept his mouth shut as he watched the exchange between Ash and Pierce. If he'd been in cat form, it would have been hard to keep the snarl off of his face, though. He didn't care for the fact that suddenly the two were all buddy buddy. After all that Pierce had done, for Ash to so quickly forgive and trust him again... But Zare kept his thoughts to himself, simply falling into step behind Ash. He was feeling less and less comfortable with all of these people he didn't know. How did they know they could trust all of these people? In a situation like this, and especially after meeting that strange man earlier, who was to say that there wasn't someone here who was less than an ally?
All of this went through Zare's mind as he watched and waited, letting himself fall into the background, to a position where he could keep an eye on as many of them as possible. He just had to trust Ash. Scary as that was, that was all he could do right now...
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:13 am

OOC: Hey guys. Who's ready for cake?

Saify lingered back in the garden for just a moment, looking behind them to make sure no more stragglers were coming along to join them. Once everyone had passed through the gate and she had made sure no one else was coming along, Saify brought up the rear and stepped into the decadent, ancient hall.
Saify had been playing games for a long time now, and RPGs in particular. She knew a final boss dungeon when she saw one. She walked to the front of the group, her armor clanking together as she walked over the smooth stone of the castle. A spear materialized in her hand as she walked, and she held it tightly down at her side.
"I think everyone knows by now that you're not getting out of my sight," she told Pierce. "Besides, if the Chancellor's up there, we've got no reason not to all just pile in after him." A helmet formed over her face next, pulling her hair up into a tight ponytail and leaving only a wide slit for her eyes. "Let's end this."

"Well, I'm staying with Kathy, obviously. I just about lost my sis once, not giving her another chance to get away," Clear announced, and she could almost feel Saify rolling her eyes ahead of her.
As Lily walked away, Clear took a quick step forward and snatched the back of the girl's collar, pulling her back and putting an arm around her. "And you're not getting away from me, little gremlin," she added.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:26 pm

OOC - For the record....I seem to have misplaced ALL the notes I made for both this rpg AND BDA so.....yeah.....I don't remember what I was doing with these, and I don't have the means of trying. So this is all made up from here. As if IH wasn't bad enough already.
At this point guys, if the world abruptly blows up and kills everyone, its entirely my fault, and I have no regrets XD

/Islanders/ (BECAUSE I'M GETTING TIRED OF SPELLING THEIR NAMES OUT!)
"Well I'm glad we can agree on something," Pierce said, eyeing Saify. Side-stepping away from Ash, he started up the stairs, tendrils of darkness already playing through his fingers. Soon....soon he was going to destroy the man who had not only used him, but had mocked and humiliated him in this world. The Chancellor, by whatever name he wanted to use, was going to pay!

Ash watched him as he walked away, an uneasy feeling settling over him. This place gave him the strangest vibes, and he could feel that wretched something inside him still roiling, desperate to take over. Taking a deep, shuddering breath, he focused on the stairway, and their intention - to end this 'game' once and for all.

Lily frowned, staring at the other door before looking up at Clear pleadingly. "But...it feels important...to me. Something special to me is over there!"

Suddenly, the palace shook, and seemed to tilt. The walls shook in protest, and cracks appeared in the floor. Pierce shouted, scrambling and just managed to catch onto the stairway. Grimacing, he clung tightly and pulled himself upwards; if the others made it, they made it. If not, it didn't matter - he was ending this now.

(So, if anyone wants to get off and back down to the ground, this is your last chance. Everyone else, please proceed stage forward)

Wolfsong

Previous

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying