Libri Prophetiae

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Libri Prophetiae

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:30 pm

Revus
He sighed. Why were they so stupid...
"You don't understand. The world is going to die anyway. If you don't record, then everything is lost. EV-ER-Y-THING! You, the people you love, the ones you don't, the grass, the trees, the mountains the oceans! Everything. Will. Die! Your job as Chosen is to save what you CAN save! At least they're souls will be saved, if not their physical bodies!"
Why couldn't they get it? They were wasting time standing here with foolish questions and protests! When, when were they going to finally understand there was no avoiding this!?
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:34 pm

"What do you mean 'their souls'? If they die, they're dead, that's it!" Mona exclaimed, "They'd die with no opportunity to live their full lives, or fulfill their dreams, or anything! There has to be some way to stop this, who even said the world has to end?! We can definitely stop it, there must be a way!"
Mona was shouting in desperation by this point, and Fairy laid a hand on her shoulder to soothe her. This wasn't right, this was absolutely not right. Why did the world have to end so soon, with no warning? It wasn't fair, and Mona refused to accept it.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Revus
He studied the child with some degree of pity. "I'm sorry," he replied simply. "But its not our choice. All we can do is try to save those we can."

Amica Song
She was starting to believe Mona might not hang around, which suited her in and out. Maybe even Daj would leave with her. "I'll take up the duty," she said simply, putting as much conviction into her voice to make it sound real. "I'm not afraid."

A short distance away, a lone figure watched the scene unfold before him. The monolith, the children, even the spirits the ordinary could not see.
"The cycle begins anew," he whispered.
His hand fingered the blade hidden in his sleeve. Strike now? No....no, wait till they were secure in their possession. Then....then would be the time. His lips curved into a smile.
"This time...this time for sure, I will win."
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Mona's hand were curled up tightly into fists, which were shaking with anger. Slowly, their trembling faded, then sbsided, and her hands unclenched and she slumped her shoulders. "Isn't... Isn't there something we can do to stop it? To save everyone for real?" She asked, her voice going from her defiant shouting to a defeated whisper in just a few seconds.
Fairy looked down at Mona briefly, then turned his neck and stared at the book-man that was talking. He may not have understood everything that was going on, but this man seemed to be making his Kind-Heart upset, and he wasn't too fond of that idea.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:17 pm

Revus
"I wish I knew."
Yes...particularly since, then, he wouldn't have to keep repeating this again and again and again. It got tiring, having to lead the same obstinate pigheaded people again and again and again!
Oh well...if they got it right...
"There might be something, perhaps. Each world is different, so who knows?"

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Mona took a deep breath, then, trembling, she let it out slowly. She reached up and stroked Fairy's chin with her hand, cuasing the giant bird to let out a soft noise akin to a cat purring. "How... how long do we have, to think about it? Or... until it happens?" She asked. If there was no way to save her family and friends, she at least wanted a chance to say goodbye, so she could at least have some peace out of it.
On that thought, she looked up at Fairy, who seemed slightly on edge but still content being stroked by her gentle hand. What about you, Fairy? She asked herself, Will even you cease to be with me?
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Revus - Amica Song
He thought a moment, then said, "A few months, at best. When the book appears, the longest a world has lasted after has been three months."
"Three months?!" Amica squeaked in shock. "That's....that's all?"

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Three months.. Mona thought, after that, her whole world would, literally, fall down around her. She sighed, pulling Fairy's head down and wrapping her arms around his neck in a tight embrace. Just three months, and this friend of hers would... be gone with the rest.
"Can we... at least go back and enjoy the festival before we start?" She asked, not looking up at anyone but keeping her eyes buried in Fairy's feathers, "Can't we at least have that much happiness?"
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Revus
He stared at her a long moment, then nodded softly. "Keep the Book with you," he said. "At least...one of you. If you feel endangered, call for us and we will come."
He glanced at the others, his gaze clearly saying "do what you want, I'm leaving" and he vanished into the book. He would rest till they were ready.

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Here is...my final character for this world drama.

Name: goes by Taren
Appearance: He wears tight clothing like the Islanders, in bright colors and sheen, but his skin was pale like the Nekali. He has dark black hair that hangs down straight, and his eyes are a deep maroon.
Bio: He appeared on the plains a few months ago, and has been seen wandering about the world since. Seen at random intervals, he avoids contact usually, and says strange things when contact is made with him. It is whispered he is from beyond the mountains, a stranger from the places beyond.

okay, lets have fun everyone!

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:39 pm

OOC: Wow, I fell behind. And we all know, those who fall behind are left behind. Anyways, here goes.

Daji opened his mouth to reply when Mona addressed him, before being cut off by Revus. After that, all he could do was look back and forth between the two, trying to take it all in. Inside, he was falling apart. Daji turned and leaned against the giant stone, sinking to the ground. No...way...what was going on here? Everybody dead? Within three months? He thought about how much he hated his family, his tribe. He'd never belonged there, and he'd always thought he'd be happy if they were all gone. So...why was his heart aching at the thought of it? What was this feeling? Did he...feel sorry for them? As long as he got out alive, what did it matter?
Daji looked at the sky girl, who was furious and upset about all of this. Did she have a family she cared about? Unlike Daji, she probably had attachments and people she cared for. How did she feel about this? She had to be horrified...
Daji shook his head. What was wrong with him? Since when had he cared about people? Especially some random girl he didn't know? But looking at her face, that expression. His heart went out to her. It was the weirdest, most foreign feeling to him, but he couldn't help it. It was scary. He didn't know how to cope. But somehow, for some reason...he wanted to help this girl.
Sighing, Daji stood up slowly. He kept his distance from both girls, simply crossing his arms. All the spirit people were gone, and it was just the three of them. This was a mess. Rubbing the back of his head, Daji looked back and forth between the girls. Somehow, he felt calm and composed, more so than usual even.
"Well, we obviously don't like each other very much," he said, looking at Amica for emphasis. "But we're all in this together. If we're going to try to...fix things, or whatever, we need to try to get along." Daji took a deep breath, unable to believe what he was about to do.
"Truce?" He asked, sticking his hand out to Amica. He didn't feel very sincere, but there was no point lunging at each other's throats. And he was tired...
Save the world or destroy it, huh? He honestly wasn't sure which he wanted. But he had to move forward.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:34 pm

OOC- wow. That from Daj? Wow.......*collapses in a dead faint* hehehehe

Amica Song
She stared at his outstretched hand a moment, thinking. So...apparently they would both be sticking around. A part of her decided maybe that was just as well. She would surely mess this up on her own. Of course, they'd probably mess it up too, but at least she wouldn't be singularly blamed for any mistakes. That and...the thought of the spirits hanging around bothered her. She didn't like the thought of having at least eight different people in her hand.
"Truce," she agreed quietly, taking the hand. She hefted the book a moment, then said, "My first question. There being three of us, how are we going to...work with this? Are we going to share the book around or what?" She smiled faintly as she hefted it again; it actually wasn't that heavy. "And one last thing, before we rejoin the festival. How the heck are we going to stay in contact once this time is over?"

Revus
He breathed out heavily, grateful to be back in the book. He glanced around, feeling a new, living vibe between the pages, instead of the encroaching darkness of the void. There was life here now.
Sighing softly, he turned to the other spirits. "What do you think?" he asked finally. "Can they do it? They've already proved they can't even stand being near each other."
"They have been thrust from a normal life into what many would call madness," Domain said. He shook his head. "I say give them time, and they have the potential."
Celcium shrugged. "Whatever, I think they'll do great."

Taren
The endless fields stretched before him, a sea of green stretching from horizon to horizon. And there, the mountains just visible in the distance. It was beautiful, a breathtaking sight to behold. The moonlight cast gentle rays, giving the whole world an enchanted feeling, a beauty to be preserved and cherished forever.
Yet, to these views his eyes only paused briefly over, restless gaze flickering, seeking something else. The view was passed over, neglected, and he trod without care on the green sea.
The monolith. Its presence filled his mind, and questions and memories roved his worn mind, tired from a journey none but he had ever made. Restless he paced back and forth, his eyes finally locked on the proud stone that seemed to cast its shadow farther than should be possible, like it wanted to overshadow everything around it.
His hands clenched into fists as he contemplated that thought. Overshadowing. Swallowing up everything it could in shadow. Answers, where were the answers?
The book was worthless. Anything it contained he had extracted a long time ago. No, it contained no answer.
But the monolith. What about the grand stone that appeared every time, along with the strange book? What if it contained what he needed?
Slowly, becoming increasingly aware of his agitated state, he forced himself to breath deeply, evenly, and calm himself. Yes, the moment was finally here, but he had to handle it correctly, lest he fail again.
The chosen seemed in no hurry to move, even now that the spirits were gone. Considering them a moment, he turned and started for the wagons of the Johand. First and foremost, he needed some new information. As one of the few gatherings of every tribe, this was the best place to start.

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Daji
Daji sighed, stepping back as soon as he could release Amica's hand. But when she posed her question, he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. Now that the end of the world was apparently postponed, he still had to deal with his family. And he was never going to hear the end of that. He looked back and forth between the two girls, trying to make a decision. Finally his eyes rested on Mona.
"Uh...This is probably weird, but..." Then he straightened up, trying to look aloof. "I'll take you to the festival, and make sure we don't get separated."
He wasn't about to admit that he really just wanted an excuse to mingle with a tribe other than his own and hopefully not get found out until his dad cooled off a little.
And what his heart wouldn't even tell him was that it hurt too much to think about seeing his family right now. Not with all this on his mind.

Rowtag & Kevia
Rowtag plopped down in a cross-legged position.
"Well, they'll probably make it. I mean, it wouldn't take much to do better than my world did." Rowtag grinned awkwardly, a bit embarrassed. Yeah, that hadn't gone well at all.
Kevia, however, looked seriously at Revus.
"I am a bit concerned about their lack of cohesion. But like Domain said, this is quite the situation they've been thrown into. I believe if they persevere, they can be some of the strongest Chosen the worlds have ever seen. Be patient, they're only children. You of all people should have the experience to know this, Revus."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Amica Song
She stared at Daj a bit, then shrugged. "If you're sure..." It wouldn't hurt, actually. They should get to know each other somewhat, outside of this terrible terrible beginning. She didn't really want it, but it was kinda needed. Smiling softly, trying to pretend everything she'd just learned hadn't actually bothered her, she said, "I don't know about you, but I'd like to learn more about the other tribes. Even," she added, as a sort of apologetic offering. "The trees the Kiilin are so proud of. I wonder if I'll get to see some on this trip of ours," she wondered aloud.

Revus
He grimaced, remembering Rowtag's world. That had been a close one.
He grimaced more at Kevia's words. Why was everyone prodding at him this world around... "Yes, Kevia. That is, in part, where my disbelief is situated. Experience."
"Can't blame him," Aiery said suddenly, smiling up at them. "You're the oldest of us, aren't you Revus?" she smiled pityingly at him. "I imagine he's tired of the whole process by now."
"He's a fool," the final spirit who had not yet spoken suddenly said. Her cold eyes regarded Revus, who stared impassively back at her. "He should be the best of us, instead he behaves like a spoiled child."
"Shut up Nearia! You're only from the fifth world, you haven't had to put up with much!" Aiery snapped.
"You are....fourth world, are you not? Don't speak as though you were the elder."
"Enough!" Revus snapped, flashing with sudden electrical energy, silencing them. "Let us not start fighting amongst ourselves! Listen, there are three of them, and as Kevia says, they may pull together to be our best hope at Salvation. We must support them to the best of our ability. As we promised, we'll let them take today to enjoy themselves. Tomorrow...that's when the real fun begins." He sighed, then said, "We may just split them up between us, though with there being only eight spirits to three people it might be uneven. Its a thought, lets consider our options for the night. Does anyone have any suggestions?"

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:41 pm

The spirit people from the book disappeared, leaving Mona, Fairy, and the other two standing there, and while she was unsure how the others felt, Mona was bewildered and perhaps a little sick. With her arms still wrapped tightly around Fairy's neck, she gave brief answers to what the others said."Keep the book, I don't even want to look at it. I don't want to think about communicating after the festival, we can figure it out later." When Daji offered to accompany them back to the festival, Mona was honestly a bit surprised, but she shook her head, "No, I'm fine. I'll go with Fairy." She needed some time to be with her tribe, her family, not with these two people she barely knew and liked even less.
Without saying anything else, Mona climbed up onto the great bird's back and hugged his neck again. "Let's go back to the others." She said. Fairy watched her for a moment, then looked ahead and began walking back the way they had come, toward the festival.
Mona felt tears begin to spring up in her eyes, but she didn't want to take her hands off Fairy for fear he would disappear right then, so she just let them run down her face and into the bird's feathers.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Daji
Daji looked at Mona in surprise. Okay...that didn't go too well. He wasn't sure what was wrong, because although he'd managed to realize that Mona was upset, he was still too dense to really understand how bad things really were for her. Or for anyone, for that matter.
But what took him even more by surprise was Amica's sudden change of attitude. Daji looked at her suspiciously. Obviously she was trying to get something from her. That was the only time anyone treated him civilly.
But Daji brushed the thought aside. For now anyway, they'd work together. And if he was lucky, he could get something out of the deal, too. He wasn't about to be used by some girl, for nothing in return.
But Daji couldn't help but soften up a little when she mentioned the trees.
"Well, we're not proud of them for no good reason," he stated matter-of-factly. "They're really useful, from shelter to material for campfires and buildings, a place to hide when people are being annoying..."
Daji hesitated, thinking of all his memories in Ylith. There were people that he didn't hate...and did he really want horrible things to happen to his family?
Daji shook his head. He didn't want to think about that right now. Turning back to Amica, he gave a half-apologetic smile.
"And I'm sure there's good things about the plains, right?"
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a chance to go back to Ylith... he thought to himself.

Rowtag - Kezia
"Well, I can't say I wouldn't mind dealing with that Kiilin brat," Rowtag grinned.
"It's not a bad idea," Kezia pondered Revus' suggestion, ignoring Rowtag. His head was always full of air. "But how do you want to go about dividing them amongst us, if that's what we end up doing? We have to handle this delicately. And we want to must be patient and understanding with them." Kezia gave Revus a meaningful look that was just between the two of them.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Amica Song
A barrage of feelings assaulted her. She'd never gotten along with the people of her clan. After her mother disappeared, it got worse. She couldn't understand the other girls, and didn't want to. She didn't want to be like that. So why...why had everyone else seemed so hateful?
Now...now that they were all going to die...now that it finally came down to it, Amica knew she didn't really hate everyone. Just because she didn't care for every single one of them...they were all going to die. And she was going to, in part, write out their end. Was that all she really had to look forward to? She didn't really hate them like that, sure they were annoying, but a lot of them were good people. Was this...truly all there was?
"They sound nice," she said softly, trying to picture it. "But I can't imagine what its like, not being able to see the horizon or the sky whenever you wished..." She threw out her arms, gesturing to the sky, then gasped and flailed as she tried to catch the Book. Smiling ruefully she looked at Daji from the corner of her eye. "So...anywhere particular you wanna go? I'd rather...stay away from the Johand stalls, for a little bit...I...."
She bit her lip, choking the rest of the sentence down. "I can't beat to face them. Not now...what could I say?" she thought, struggling to bury it down.

Revus
He met Kezia's look, then nodded. "Right. Rowtag I'll assign you to the Kiilin then. You can choose your partner. Kezia, you take the Johand, with two partners. I'll try and guide the Islander."

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Daji
Daji shrugged.
"Doesn't really matter to me. I'll get the snot beat out of me if I go back to the Kiilin, so...we could visit some of the other tribes?"
Daji sighed inwardly. Even with the impending doom hovering over them, the festival was still a pain to him, and he didn't want to be around people. Although...
Daji hesitated, then finally made up his mind.
"Let's just go to the Kiilin," he decided, completely contradicting his earlier decision. "You can meet some of my people; the ones that don't hate me anyway."
I guess I do want to see Mom, he thought solemnly.

Rowtag - Kezia
Rowtag grinned.
"All right, now we're talking. I'll knock some sense into that brat." Rowtag honestly wasn't sure why Revus had chosen him to be a leader, but he wasn't about to pass up the opportunity to boss people around.
"Celcium," he decided, turning to the spirit. "Wanna partner up?" Despite their difference in elements, Rowtag and Celcium got along fairly well, except for the occasional argument. Rowtag enjoyed Celcium's company, and felt that they would work together well.
Kezia nodded at Revus' instructions. Looking over the spirits, she barely concealed a frosty glare at Nearia. Kezia couldn't bear Nearia's attitude, and the thought of working with her made her cringe. Aiery would make a good partner...Kezia sighed when she realized what she was thinking. Leaving Nearia with Revus would just be an awful combination. Especially for a young girl like Mona.
"Nearia," Kezia almost snarled. "You will accompany me, along with Aiery. But Rowtag, don't you suppose that Domain would be better suited to handle the Kiilin boy's...distasteful attitude?"
Rowtag glared at Kezia. Of course she'd ruin his fun. Just like her...
"Fine," he sighed. "I'll take Domain." He's so boring.... Rowtag shook his head, reminding himself that this wasn't a game. The world was at stake. He nodded, taking on a serious expression. "You're right."
"That leaves you and Celcium," Kezia addressed Revus. "We must all do our best."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:56 am

Amica Song
She glanced at him, surprised. He wanted to go back to his people now? It had seemed pretty clear to her how he felt about them, and now they were going to outlive their respective clans. And he wanted to face them now, with that clear in his mind?
"He's stronger than you are. He's not afraid to face his people."
Ruthlessly she shoved that thought down and killed it. "I look forward to meeting your people," she said instead, swallowing the lump she felt in her own throat.
She'd grown apart from her dad. It wasn't entirely his fault, in the beginning she was sick of his behaving like Mom was dead. She knew that, somewhere out there, her mother was still alive and would eventually come back to her. Amica still believed that, and her anger at her Dad for not was partly what drove her from him. She felt angry at him, like he'd betrayed his wife for not believing. Some of the others had thought she was crazy for waiting too, and she had come to believe the whole tribe saw her as the child still pining for her mother.
Well, she wasn't a child. And she wasn't wrong. She knew her mother was out there, somewhere. Perhaps this journey was the best way to go find her.
"Hey, I've heard lots of stories, but what exactly are trees like, really?"

Revus
He watched as they paired up, with Rowtag almost taking Celcium but settling for Domain in the end. Revus hoped that neither of them drove the other insane, for Domain was solemn where Rowtag was mischievous. It was no match made in heaven, and they were in for some trouble certainly.
He was surprised Kezia chose Nearia. He was certain he would be stuck with the acid-tongued spirit. Still, he was grateful, suspecting Kezia knew his strong dislike of the cold water spirit, and hoped Aiery would be a good companion for her.
Still, he just didn't see Rowtag and Domain working successfully together.
"Alright then, I will take Celcium. If anyone," he added, hoping this would ease possible tensions. "Wants to change companions or teams, speak with me and we can work it out." He glanced around, then said, "Anything further? Otherwise, I believe we can rest for the night."

OOC- I believe we've covered all the important things. Do you guys wanna fool around and character develop, or do you wanna keep the story moving?
Oh, and don't choose one for my sake. I'm fine with both.

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Daji
Daji gave Amica a strange look.
"You've never seen a tree? I know this is a plain, but still..."
Daji shook his head, unable to believe not even knowing what a tree was like.

OOC: I'm good with anything, Wolf. I guess probably just move things along. I don't think we have anything better to do?
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun May 04, 2014 11:40 am

OOC - sorry it took me so long guys

Amica Song
Drowsily she awoke from slumber. The monolith loomed overhead, casting a deep shadow over her and hiding the sun.
It took her a moment to remember why she was where she was. She'd wandered around the place with Daji, actually had fun though she wasn't sure she'd ever tell him that. Eventually they'd split up to find a place to sleep, agreeing to meet by the stone in the morning.
She'd fallen asleep by it, because she was still afraid to return to her people. They were going to die, she was going to out last them all. That thought alone terrified her, and she was afraid of what could slip out if she saw her father again. Though she did want to tell him, one last time, that she loved him, even if he thought Mother dead.
Something was jabbing her side, and with a guilty start she realized she had fallen asleep on the Book. Sitting up, she brushed off the cover, then curiously opened it. Besides the pages containing their pictures and the weird runes, the pages were completely blank.
"I wonder how exactly we record information," she wondered aloud.

Taren
Taren paced near the area of the Islander's stalls, frustrated. The Stone was covered in runes, but none he was familiar with. It was a whole new kind, and he had failed to translate it.
He needed help.
Somehow this all returned to the Book, he was dead sure of it. The secret had to be in the Book.
He paused, then started for the monolith again.

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon May 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Daji
"Beats me," Daji replied, walking up behind Amica. Apparently she'd just woken up. Daji himself had been up for awhile, and finally worked up the nerve to head back to his family. He'd gotten the snot beaten out of him by his dad, and overall just scolded by everyone he knew for neglecting his responsibilities and being a jerk. And for the first time in his life, Daji had just stood there, taking all of it. And perhaps that strange humble attitude was what had helped him get off as easy as he did. Daji didn't have the guts to say that all he wanted was to be there, with his people he'd hated so long. And in the end, he'd never told anyone what he'd learned. That they were all doomed...
It had taken some doing to sneak away, after all the trouble he'd gotten himself into, but he'd managed to avoid detection and headed for the monolith without looking back. But something hurt in his chest, and he wasn't willing to admit that it was his heart.
"So...what now?" Daji sat down cross-legged near Amica, looking at the book.
Last edited by ClaecElric4God on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:41 pm

OOC - okay, time to work back into this thing...welcome back Claec! Sorry for my long exile guys.

Amica Song
She jumped when Daji suddenly appeared; she hadn't heard him coming. Feeling awkward, she focused her gaze on the Book, her finger idly tracing the elaborate cover design.
He was so strange. Kinda silent and sullen, but...he hadn't been bad, per say, last night. She'd suddenly realized there was more under the surface than she had first realized. She also knew, after a night's sleep had cleared her mind, that she had behaved horribly. The question was, would he and the other girl be willing to let her start over, to try adn repair what she had done?
"Daji?" she said softly, not looking up. "I...I'm sorry...about yesterday. I shouldn't have taken my own frustrations out on you, that wasn't fair to you. I'm sorry."
"Please," she thought. "Please let me have another chance. I can't screw this up, not with the...the world...at stake." She shuddered at that thought.

Revus
He woke slowly, reluctantly. He was already looking forward to sleeping again. He wished deep in his heart he had never agreed to be a Book Spirit, for thought in the beginning he had harbored hope for the human race, it had long since turned to disgust. Even those chosen to carry the Book were a corrupted mess, incapable of looking past their own petty struggles for the world's good.
Hence the continuing circle of destruction. Light, he was dead sick of it.
"Good morning, sour puss!" Celcium hovered over him, smiling. "I was beginning to think you intended to sleep all day. The fun begins today, after all."
Revus waved his hand irritably, forcing Celcium to back off. "Keep in mind, my idea of "fun" is very different from yours," he said, glaring at him as he came fully awake. "I may just find melting you to nothing entertaining."
"And then the Book would be unbalanced and everything lost to chaos, which I know you would appreciate," Nearia said, in a whispered tone just loud enough for everyone to clearly hear.
"Why is that so, anyway?" Aiery suddenly piped up, popping up behind Nearia. Resting her hands on the water spirit's shoulders, she rested her chin on Nearia's head as she asked, "Why are spirits so important to the Book's equilibrium? And why only one per world?"
Revus shook his head. "Only the one who created the Book in the first place would know that."
"And who did that?" she asked. "You're the first one, Revus, you should know."
He stared at her a long time, till even she couldn't meet his eyes. No, he would never speak of that time. He would never tell what had brought this...this horror upon them all. Because of one moment of weakness, this world had this continuing ring of destruction.
A human's fault...and his own.
"Is everyone ready?" he asked instead.

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:22 pm

Daji
Daji's first reaction was a sharp retort, but then he remembered everything that was at stake, and for some strange reason he had a feeling that staying at odds with one of the only other people who could save the world was a bad idea. So instead of what he was going to say, Daji turned away awkwardly, looking into the distance. This was all still so crazy.
"Uh...yeah..." Was all he could think to say. Then it occurred to him that this was probably one of those situations where something was expected of him as well. Grudgingly, he turned back to the girl, fighting a glare off of his face. "I guess I'm sorry too," he finally muttered. That was all the futher he could get himself to go in the way of politeness.
Deciding it was time to quickly change the subject, Daji looked in the direction of the festival.
"Is that other girl ever going to come back?" He found himself wondering if he actually wanted that, remember their first meeting...but apparently she was important to this whole thing. "I hope we're not supposed to go get her or something. You'd think she'd realize that she's holding things up."

Rowtag - Kezia
Considering Revus' reaction to being woken up, Rowtag wasn't about to admit he'd been the one to egg Celcium into doing it. Instead he hung back, enjoying the tension between the two. Kezia just stood quietly, sighing at the group's petty arguments. And Revus thought the humans were the ones with problems...
"As ready as we can be," Kezia replied quietly, not relishing the idea of repeating the cycle that had gone on for far too long. Rowtag, on the other hand, was champing at the bit, anxiously waiting for a change of scenery. His eyes lit up, and he grinned excitedly.
"You bet we are," he piped in, ignoring Kezia's reluctance.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:53 pm

OOC: It's been... So long...

Mona's eyes slowly fluttered open as the warm breeze caressed her face. The first thing she saw was Fairy's bright feathers pressed against her face, she had fallen asleep outside with Fairy instead of in her tent. She untangled herself from the bird as carefully as she could, so as not to pull his feathers, and sat up, rubbing her eyes with her fist.
Fairy stirred, bringing his head up and twisting his neck to look at Mona. He rested the end of his long beak on her shoulder. Mona smiled softly, reaching over to pet Fairy's head, "Yeah...I'm better now, a little." She replied to the unspoken question.

Mona had been a mess last night, when she returned to the Islanders area and saw her family, all she managed to do as burst into tears. She just cried and cried, all night it seemed, not even managing to tell them why she was doing it. Mona was a tough girl, and it was extremely rare for her to have a complete breakdown like that, but the Islanders took care of her, eventually managing to get her calmed down enough she could sleep for the night. She had opted to sleep with Fairy instead of her bed, because the thought of him disappearing when she wasn't looking was too frightening to bear.

Mona shook her head, snapping herself out of it. She wiped away the tears that were already starting to well up and stood to her feet. Fairy stood up beside her, stretching out his massive wings and craning his neck to work the soreness out of them.
"We should get back to the Monolith." Mona said, scratching under Fairy's chin, "The others are probably waiting for us. Better not keep Daji and Ms. Genocide waiting for us." She smirked, "Though, if they get mad, I could try crying again." Her smirk grew wider as she realized she hadn't explained things to Daji yet, and she wondered if he still had the wrong impression of her. "Well, we'll let him figure it out on his own, won't we?" She said, turning on her heel and setting off for the Monolith, with Fairy following her through the stalls and stands of the festival.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:11 pm

OOC - Welcome back

Amica Song
She remained quiet when Daji complained about the sky girl taking a while. She was lucky he'd decided to let it go, she needed to watch her step until they were on better terms.
She winced instinctively at the thought. She still wasn't quite okay with the idea of being in their company. They were so different, and she knew very little about their specific cultures. It was daunting, being trapped in strangers' company for so long. She hoped she could take it.
Eventually they spotted the islander, her oversized bird being a very telltale sign. She took a deep, unsteady breath, then stood up to greet her.
"Um, good morning," she said awkwardly, fidgeting. "I'm sorry, about yesterday. I...I said a lot of stupid things."
Mentally, she crossed her fingers and prayed.

Revus
Disgusted with Rowtag's eagerness, Revus spoke again. "Everyone remember their partnering, right? Go ahead and group up now. Don't forget we must try and guide them to the good, the righteous, and worthy things of this world."
"Which reminds me," he thought glumly. "I need to teach them to record things..." He stiffened, jerking his head back to stare at the light of the outside world.
He felt something, the essence of another person nearing them. It wasn't the Chosen, they had just regrouped themselves. No, it was someone else...someone he felt he should remember

Taren
All three of them were together, and he could see the Book in the Johand girl's hands. He didn't feel the spirits' presence yet. He needed to be careful not to excite them, or he'd have a real party on his hands.
Taking a deep breath, he started to approach them, pushing the hood off his head. Best look as friendly as possible. He needed their cooperation, not animosity.

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:16 pm

Mona stopped and crossed her arms when the Johand girl came to greet her. She listened to the apology, not giving any outward sign of how she was taking it. She was silent a long, long time, until finally, she decided the silence had gone on long enough.
"Fairy," She said, not taking her eyes off the girl. Fairy perked up at his name, and looked down at Mona. "Eat her."
Without a moment's hesitation, Fairy took a large step forward and his head darted out, his beak clamping down around the collar of the Johand girl's clothes. Not giving her a chance to react, Fairy reached out with his claws and pushed her to the ground, then stood over her and began... tickling her. His long, nimble fingers had their talons retracted, and he set about viciously tickling the poor girl and making growling noises in her ear that Mona recognized as playful laughter, but most people would take them to be feral snarls.
Mona looked up from the scene and caught Daji's eye, sending him a devilish grin.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Taren
He watched with amusement as the scene unfolded before him. Could be friends just playing around, could be a resolution of differences, or could be a punishment. Who knew.
He was surprised at how uncomfortable and nervous he was feeling about this. They looked so young too...he could only guess what would even bein their hearts at this time of life.
They hardly noticed him, so busy they were. He stood behind the dark-skinned girl uncertainly a moment, then said, "Good morning."
"Here goes nothing," he thought wryly.

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Daji
Daji didn't even have time to react when the big bird thing attacked Amica, pinning her to the ground. Shocked beyond even being able to react, he just stood there gape-mouthed. But when Mona looked at him, he quickly closed his mouth, giving her a confused look back. What was that grin? It was fun that her pet was killing some poor girl? But then Daji looked back on the scene and realized that there was in fact no killing, eating, or otherwise maiming going on. Daji looked back at Mona again, but he didn't let his face show anything.
Wow, this girl's scary...
Daji jumped when the voice spoke. He'd been so preoccupied he hadn't even seen the guy coming. Daji looked him up and down but didn't say anything.
Who's this, another one of those weirdos?
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:37 pm

"Waugh!!" Mona jumped practically out of her skin when the voice sounded off directly behind her. She had made sure no one was behind her when she was on her way to the Monolith, and hadn't been expecting anyone else to be there.
She turned around to face the man, holding a hand tight over her heart, which was now pounding at three times the normal rate. He was dressed like one of her people, but light-skinned, and too soft to be a wind-weathered islander. "For the love of everything sacred and holy, don't sneak up on me like that!! She exclaimed.
Oddood198

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying