Perilous Waltz

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:28 pm

She smiled widely, eyes closed, and a little laugh like a tinkling bell escaped her lips. "Oh, I'll be fine," she said, testing it. "It doesn't hurt anywhere near as much. Thank you!" On impulse, she suddenly flung her arms around his neck, hugging him. "Thank you so much! You are a wonderful man!" She drew away, still smiling, then said, "I hope...we meet again soon. Or are you going to the ball?" she asked, hoping somehow...

OOC- that felt weird to write. Don't know quite why...
User avatar
Wolfsong
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am
Location: somewhere between time and space

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby silvanis2.0 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Forrester was dumbfounded. He had no idea how to react.
"I... er... ball... uh, yes."
His brain refused to connect to his mouth. He shook his head in hopes of shaking things right again. He lifted his free hand in a friendly wave.
"I'll see you at the ball."

OOC- Well, it was definitely a surprise! ^w^
User avatar
silvanis2.0
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm
Location: Sleeping amid the spring flowers

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:46 pm

OOC- :lol: it fit Christina's nature, in my mind. Sorry if I took you by surprise. It startled me too. I don't usually write like that...

Christina waved eagerly back as she started toward the palace, eyes wide in eager anticipation. Then, quickly, she straightened, narrowing her eyes slightly, trying to play the part of a noblewoman like she had been taught. "I hope I do alright," she murmured to herself.
User avatar
Wolfsong
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am
Location: somewhere between time and space

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby DecooPunk » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:57 pm

Erin smiled awkwardly as Christina hugged Forrester. "Um, see you both at the ball." She said while riding towards the stables.
User avatar
DecooPunk
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:37 pm
Location: Greenway

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby silvanis2.0 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:11 pm

OOC- I love when characters do that! This story's gonna be an adventure. :jump:

Forrester blushed and clumsily lead Christina's horse and Steady to the stables behind Erin, his small limp slowing him a bit. What on earth had just happened? He paid the stable hand to care for the horses, hardly aware of what he was doing, and wandered around to the back of the stables. A large water barrel sat in a corner. He splashed his face with some of the water to clear his head.
"A wonderful man," he muttered to himself, absentmindedly rubbing at his bad knee, "no chance of that."
User avatar
silvanis2.0
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm
Location: Sleeping amid the spring flowers

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby DecooPunk » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Erin followed Forestter into the stables, unharnnessing Freya in a stall next to Steady. She was pouring water into a trough for Freya when she overheard Foresster saying "A wonderful man, no chance of that." Or something along the lines of that. She chuckled into her arm and started out of the stables walking to the castle entrance.
User avatar
DecooPunk
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:37 pm
Location: Greenway

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby silvanis2.0 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Forrester heard a laugh come from inside the stables. He scowled.
"And that Erin, she must be some sort of loon too," he called teasingly.
User avatar
silvanis2.0
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm
Location: Sleeping amid the spring flowers

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby DecooPunk » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:03 pm

"No more than that wonderful man Foresster." Erin called back.
User avatar
DecooPunk
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:37 pm
Location: Greenway

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby silvanis2.0 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:09 pm

He couldn't help but laugh. He went back into the stables and curried Steady, for want of something to do before going up to the ball and meeting his sister.
"Thank you for making me laugh, Erin," he said after a while, glancing up from his brushing, "I needed that."
User avatar
silvanis2.0
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm
Location: Sleeping amid the spring flowers

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby DecooPunk » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:18 pm

"No problem," Erin replied with a smile. Sitting down on a overturned bucket she watched Foresster take care of Steady. "If you don't mind me asking, why did Christina's comment depress you like that? I mean, if you don't mind or anything." She finished awkwardly.
User avatar
DecooPunk
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:37 pm
Location: Greenway

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby silvanis2.0 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Forrester shrugged and tossed the brush into a small bucket.
"When you have seen as much war as I have, you tend not to think too highly of yourself. There were many things that I had to do that I cannot forgive myself for."
User avatar
silvanis2.0
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm
Location: Sleeping amid the spring flowers

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby DecooPunk » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 pm

"Oh." Erin replied thinking for a moment on how to reply "Well you should not blame yourself forever for things you cannot change." She said respectfully.
Standing, Erin brushed horse hair and dirt off her traveling outfit. "I'm going to go get ready for the ball tonight she said to Forestter, "See you tonight." She called while walking to her room in the castle.

OOC: I'm not sure where the guests are supposed to be staying, but since she is a noble I went ahead and stuck her in the castle. I hope that's okay. ^^
User avatar
DecooPunk
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:37 pm
Location: Greenway

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby silvanis2.0 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:32 pm

OOC- That works for me. ^^

Forrester waved as she left. Perhaps she was right. Tonight he was going to put aside his romantic past, perhaps it was time to start entirely anew. He patted Steady's neck and, after a while, headed up to meet his sister in the castle. Suddenly, he remembered that Erin had brought a companion with her. Bertram, wasn't it? Where had he gone? As he scanned the ever-increasing crowd for the young fellow, his eyes were drawn to the festive banners that lined either side of the stone staircase that lead to the castle. He smiled at the wonderful colors blowing happily in the wind for a moment, but something was wrong. His smile faded.
Anyone who had so much as seen the princess' wardrobe could guess that her favorite color was purple. It struck him as strange that not one purple banner flew among the others. Usually his highness was more attentive to detail than that, especially when it concerned his only daughter. In fact, now that he thought about it, it seemed that his highness had been slipping lately. The missing noble families, the slimmed security over the past week, it was all very unlike him. Perhaps the banner oddness was simply a coincidence, but something in Forrester's gut told him that it wasn't.
User avatar
silvanis2.0
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm
Location: Sleeping amid the spring flowers

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby DecooPunk » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 pm

OOC: It's getting exciting!
Erin had finished unpacking everything and had gotten ready for the ball and it was still a few hours till it would start. Sitting in a chair she sighed. Coming to the castle was always exciting but she wished her father had come with her. All these disappearances and strange goingons made her want to stay close to her family. "I wonder where Bertram went." Erin said to herself "I believe I will go look for him." Erin closed the door to her room and locked it, she didn't want any thieves to break in while she was gone, and made her way down to the courtyard.
User avatar
DecooPunk
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:37 pm
Location: Greenway

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:03 am

Christina stayed in the garden, once she had learned the ball was not to start yet. It was a beautiful place, and yet...she sighed slightly. "I miss Stephen," she murmured wryly. "We always went together as sort of a pair. He would make sure I didn't mess up or anything, and I would try to help keep him out of trouble. I wish...I wish he were here now."
Christina stared up at the sky, sighing again. One of the clouds, she realized, looked something like Stephen. She took comfort in that, and waited patiently, her lessons of proper behavior running through her mind again and again.
User avatar
Wolfsong
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am
Location: somewhere between time and space

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby snailboy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:31 am

The garden was beautiful. The flowers shone in the sunlight. All though there were many different colours, the flowers that stood out the most as if all the other flowers were merely attending to them were the purple flowers. Purple was the princess's favorite colour. Bertram smiled. Lady Christina's show of affection to the knight, Forrester, had been a bit startling. But there was nothing fake about her. He hoped she would come to no ill at the ball, that she would not be yet another of those that had disappeared. He noticed Lady Christina by a rose bush.

"How is your ankle?" Bertram asked. "I suppose you won't be dancing tonight."
User avatar
snailboy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:30 pm
Location: mind palace

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby silvanis2.0 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:18 am

Forrester, unable to spot Bertram, began to make his way through the crowds toward one of the larger gardens. Perhaps he would be able to better put his thoughts together where there was a little more peace.
User avatar
silvanis2.0
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm
Location: Sleeping amid the spring flowers

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:17 pm

Christina glanced up at Bertram, then smiled. "I am not sure. It is feeling better, but...I do not know." She just resisted the urge to kick herr injured foot out, and covered up by saying, "So what do you intend to do? Have your eye on any girls?" she gave him a sly grin.
User avatar
Wolfsong
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am
Location: somewhere between time and space

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby snailboy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Bertram blushed. "Oh," he said. "No, I don't. I've just come because my father thought someone from our family should attend. He and my brothers are busy with other things right now."
User avatar
snailboy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:30 pm
Location: mind palace

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Christina smiled at him. "Sorry, I was just teasing." She giggled quietly, trying to mask how nervous she felt. "I rather wish my brothers were here. We almost always go places together. It feels weird, not being with them..."

"Maxwell Sereas, you get right back here!"
Maxwell, or Max to his family and friends, stopped, sighing, and turned to face Stephen, who was marching toward him with one of those looks, arms akimbo. "What is it brother?" he asked. "You look like I stole one of cook's pies again."
"I know that face, Max," Stephen said, shaking his head. "Where are you going?"
"To my room. Why?"
Stephen shook his head, sighing. "Your room, I believe, is in the opposite direction." He dropped his arms, putting a hand on Max's shoulder. "Look, I'm worried about Christina, but Father wants us here with him. Christina..." he grimaced. "These are father's words, mind, so don't snap at me. He believes doing this will help her become a little more self-confident, instead of relying on us all the time."
Max snorted. "Stuff and nonsense. He means well, I'm sure, but that's just stupid!"
"Maxwell, curb your tongue! He is our father, and you will respect him."
Max heaved his shoulders in a deep sigh. Stephen stared at him a long moment, then smiled sadly and hugged him. "I'm worried too," he said. "But I think Father's right. Besides, she's in the king's own castle. She'll be just fine."
"With a kitchen knife? Not likely."
"Its a stiletto, brother."
Max shook his head again. Stephen grabbed him by the shoulders now and made him meet his eyes. "Maxwell, I want you to promise me that you will not leave this place without prior permission first."
"Stephen!" Max protested. His older brother gave him a long look. Max sighed and bowed his head. "Fine, I promise, on my name," he said. Stephen nodded and walked back into the main room.
Max raised his head, slowly smiling. He turned and ran to one of the rooms, deep in the servants' quarters. "Robinson?" he said, opening a door. "My good man Robinson?"
The aging man looked up from his desk. His wrinkled hands hovered over a small book holding a quill pen. "Master Maxwell?" he said. "Do you need something?"
"Permission to leave the place. I need to go after Christina."
The old one shook his head slowly. "Getting into trouble again, Maxwell?"
"Robinson, you know me. You know I am not given to flights of fantasy. but somehow, I feel a chill in the air, like something's going to happen." He shook his head. "I want to make sure that, whatever comes, Christina is safe. I don't care what trouble I get into, so long as I ensure she's safe."
Robinson nodded slowly. "Very well then, young rapscallion. Go protect your sister. You have my blessings, and I'll do my best to stand by you, same as ever."
"Oh thank you!" Maxwell rushed back down the hall, towards the stables. Robinson, the head of the servants, had been with the family for years, and had remained a staunch friend to Maxwell, who he said had a good heart, he just needed some smoothing on the edges. Max personally thought that was nonsense, but he did feel quite close to the man.
Minutes later, mounted on his spirited stallion, he burst from the castle gates, riding at a good canter toward the castle. He needed to cover some distance now, he'd slow and resort to stealth once he neared.

OOC- that work alright, Silvanis?
User avatar
Wolfsong
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am
Location: somewhere between time and space

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby snailboy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Bertram smiled at Christina. He wished he could think of something to say. He also felt strangely without any of his brothers with him, though he didn't particularly wish they were here.
User avatar
snailboy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:30 pm
Location: mind palace

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby silvanis2.0 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:06 pm

OOC- Lovin' it, Wolfsong :)

Forrester stood once he had taken some time to put his mind in order. He would have to speak to the captain of the guard about his questions. He dearly hoped the captain would know far more than he did. As he left the garden, someone heading into the castle grounds caught his eye. He was younger than Forrester, but not by much. Something about the way he guided his horse and the furtive looks he gave set Forrester's instincts to work. Was this fellow part of the puzzle? Carefully and quietly, he made his way through the courtyard and around the back of the stables. The shifty fellow would have to stable his horse, and when he did Forrester would have an easier time tracking him.
User avatar
silvanis2.0
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm
Location: Sleeping amid the spring flowers

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:47 pm

Stephania pulled a little on the reins, slowing down their horse. She glanced around, checking for the oaks Lachlan had mentioned, spotting them off to the side of the path. "My lord?" she asked, without taking her eyes off of the trees. "Should we not be going towards the gate? This trail leads away from the town." She pointed in the given directions, drawing her finger in a wide arc between the two points. "I bow to your decision, for I am but a peasant and you a noble." She turned and flashed a deferential grin back to Lachlan.
User avatar
Davidizer13
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:27 am
Location: VIOLENT CITY

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:03 am

Lachlan's heart sank. He should have thought this through a bit better. Stephania was a sharp girl and seemed to understand the woods better than he would have guessed. The path she suggested was, of course, the swiftest one, but it would take them past his stash and surely draw their attention. They did have a schedule to keep if he was to keep his plans. He would just have to try some slight of hand, so to speak.
"Why, you are right, Lady Stephania," he said, willing his voice to keep even, "please lead on. We may get to the castle even faster."
Doyle's ears swiveled at the word. Lachlan subtly tapped his foot against the horse's side, a signal that they had worked out over years of narrow escapes. Doyle whickered and broke into a run, jerking them backward in the saddle.
"What has gotten into you, you mad horse?" Lachlan shouted, groping for and purposefully missing the reins, only to grab air.
User avatar
silvanis2.0
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm
Location: Sleeping amid the spring flowers

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Christina smiled back at Bertram, then fell silent, thinking. She glanced back at the rose bush behind her, marveling at its beauty, then sighed and stood. "I think, while we wait, I'll look more at the garden. Want to join me?" she invited.

Maxwell rode in slowly, trying to seem confident and like he belonged. Problem was, he knew he shouldn't be here, and his father might be extremely angry if he learned of it. however, he didn't intend to be long. He was just here to keep an eye on Christina, and make sure she got home alright...okay, he would be out a while.
he chuckled, suddenly feeling happy. He loved being out and about, and there was a thrill to doing something sneaky. If he did well enough, Christina would never know he was here. he rode up to the stables.
After setting up accommodations for his horse, he strolled from the stable, headed for the gardens. There were lots of bushes, hedges, and other such things he could hide in. he wasn't averse to a few scratches, if it meant protecting Christina.
He eventually spotted her by a rose bush, talking to someone. Her head turned slightly in his direction, and he backed away hurriedly. After a moment's thought, he pulled the black cloak he wore tighter around his lean frame, debating pulling the hood up. He decided against that, as he would look a man of trouble to anyone searching.
"I'm just here to watch Christina," he reminded himself. "Just to protect her. not to get into anymore trouble." he crouched low amidst the bush, watching carefully.
User avatar
Wolfsong
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am
Location: somewhere between time and space

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:23 pm

Forrester gritted his teeth as he followed the black-clad fellow. He was attentively watching Christina. A strange protectiveness overtook Forrester's mind and he quietly drew his sword. He circled behind the suspicious man and waited for him to do something. There was no point in moving defensively yet. He hadn't done anything but watch her. Forrester waited, keeping as silent and still as a shadow. Despite his size, it was something he was good at.
User avatar
silvanis2.0
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm
Location: Sleeping amid the spring flowers

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Maxwell became aware of someone nearby. However, before he could pin down who, Christina got up and began to explore the garden. "Curses. She would move around.." Glancing around one more time, he skulked after her.

Christina wandered towards some of the bushes with the purple flowers. Purple was supposed to be the princess's favorite color. She smelled them quietly, enjoying the delicious scent. "I hope I do alright," she murmured, telling her quiet fear to the little bud. "I hope I don't make a mistake."

Maxwell almost started toward her, but jerked himself back just in time. "Idiot! Just watch...maybe I can drop her some hints somehow, from time to time..." he pondered the problem. he couldn't help it, his first desire was to help her. He just hoped he wouldn't overdo it...
User avatar
Wolfsong
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am
Location: somewhere between time and space

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:53 pm

Stephania jerked back as the horse charged ahead, Lachlan's arms flailing over her as the two of them tried together to grab the reins. She snatched the straps as they whipped about, gave them a solid pull, and the horse slowly and reluctantly returned to a trot, twisting around and snapping at the bit even so.

"I should ask the same of you! You must learn to control your horse, sir!" She patted its neck, trying to lean into its ear so she could calm it down, but not before giving Lachlan a talking to. "The castle is there, the path goes the whole other way; what were you thinking, trying to go there?" She took a breath. "Forgive me, sir, I should hold my tongue. I must defer to those wiser than I."
User avatar
Davidizer13
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:27 am
Location: VIOLENT CITY

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Forrester kept his eyes on the spying man, ready to leap into action if he made any move to get to Christina. He sighed. He was behaving foolishly. Quietly, he tapped the man on the shoulder.
----
Lachlan was a little taken aback by Stephania. There was a bit of fire in her. He would have to be more careful.
"M'lady, you must never apologize to me for proving me wrong," he said, lifting an eyebrow and pulling his hands away from the reins, "you'll find that I do not like to play by society's rules. Please, lead on. I apologize for both my horse's and my behavior."
At least they were past the stash. All that remained was to get to the ball in one piece. He bit back the urge to heave a relieved sigh.
User avatar
silvanis2.0
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm
Location: Sleeping amid the spring flowers

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Maxwell literally jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He whirled around, grabbing the hand on him. He stared at his opponent...and then saw the uniform. With a startled gasp, he let go. "Oh my word! I am so sorry, I didn't realize you-" out of the corner of his eye, he saw Christina slowly standing and turning. Startled, he stepped back, behind a hedge. He looked frantically at the guard. "Please don't let her know I'm here," he pleaded. "I just...please. Don't point me out."
User avatar
Wolfsong
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am
Location: somewhere between time and space

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests