Perilous Waltz

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby sarahleinaar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Will glared at Aerona as she walked off and struggled to get out of the mens grasp. But of course he couldn't. They dragged him inside the castle and threw him into a huge cell, slamming the door behind him. He groaned and looked around the cell. There was no where to escape. There were two windows with steel bars that no one could possible break through. He peered through the window and saw outside the back of the castle. He cursed under his breath and sat down. That's when he remembered. "Serephine," he whispered. No one better hurt her or they would seriously pay. He crossed his arms. All he could do now was sit and wait.
Love The Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul,
with all your mind, and with all your strength
sarahleinaar

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Forrester helped the drunk man to the west wing of the castle where the latrines were. The peasant talked endlessly about nothing that even remotely made sense, to which Forrester replied with polite nods and "yes, of course"'s. When they finally reached the latrine, the man pulled away from Forrester and eyed him unsteadily.
"Yore one o' the king's knights, yeah?"
Forrester sighed. They had been over this.
"Yes, sir."
The drunkard suddenly straightened up and got into a fighting stance, and with all signs of slurring gone, said, "Good. This will be fun, then."
He leapt at Forrester, knocking him backward against the hallway wall. Forrester punched the stranger hard in the mouth, sending him staggering. He unsheathed his sword and used the flat of it to pin the man to the ground.
"What is this?" he growled.
"A test," replied the man with a wide grin before flinging his legs up and pitching Forrester forward.
The man hopped to his feet and used an arm to choke Forrester from behind before he could right himself. Forrester clawed at the man's arm with his free hand and used his sword to try and blindly stab the stranger. He missed, but it loosed the man's grip enough for him to break free. He swung around and met the man's face with a mean hook. The man took it hard, but stayed on his feet. Before Forrester knew what had happened, he was on his back, his legs knocked out from under him and his sword clattering just out of reach. The stranger cracked his knuckles teasingly and a larger robed person stood behind, brandishing a rope that he must have used to trip Forrester.
"Not that you need a test, of course. We know who you are and how well you fight. I just wanted to be able to say that I was the one that brought in Forrester Caldwell. The master will be thrilled."
Forrester snarled and got up again, his head throbbing where it hit the stone floor.
"You are not taking me anywhere," he growled before giving a the smaller man a quick jab where his neck met his shoulder, resulting in a sickening crack.
The smaller man cried out and fell to one knee, gasping in pain. Forrester whirled around to take on the larger fellow, but he had gone. Suddenly, he felt a rope around his neck. He slammed his booted foot down on the instep of the robed man behind him. When the man yelped, Forrester elbowed him sharply in the gut. The robed man did not let loose of the rope, however, and soon the world faded.
The next thing Forrester knew, he was locked in an all-too-familiar cell. He scrambled to his feet and lunged for the bars, but he fell on his face, his oxygen-starved muscles too weak to hold him up.
silvanis2.0

Postby sarahleinaar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:12 pm

William watched as some men dragged another man into the dungeon and locked him in the same cell.
The men left and Will glanced at his new cell mate.
"Let me guess. Hooded figure, fighting, something about a test and some master, and then this cell right," he said.
sarahleinaar

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:21 pm

"That's about the size of it," muttered Forrester as he forced himself to sit up, "my name is Forrester."
He looked at his cell mate.
"Looks like you fought them pretty well. Not a scratch on you."
silvanis2.0

Postby sarahleinaar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Will nodded. "I'm WIlliam, but feel free to call me Will," he said.
He chuckled softly. "I did get grazed by a dagger on the back of my head but that's just about it," he said. He stretched his arms out and looked at Forrester. "What do you think they want with us," he asked him.
sarahleinaar

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Forrester shrugged.
"They made no mention of why they were testing me, just that they were. Are we the only ones here?" he asked, looking around at the cells across the way.
A robed man strolled down the aisle between the cells and stopped in front of Will and Forrester's.
"Well, well," he chuckled in a gravelly voice, "look who has woken up."
Forrester stood, albeit shakily, and strode up to the bars, "Tell us why we're here."
The robed man only chuckled again and shook his hooded head, "Not until the master's Sneaks have brought in all of the worthy participants. It's only fair to wait until they are here."
"Sneaks?" Forrester asked.
"That is what they do, is it not?" replied the man, "I heard that you gave one of them a broken collar bone. In fact, I imagine I will keep hearing about it until he is done complaining."
The man turned his hooded head toward Will.
"And you! Nobody has bested Aerona before. I commend you on your... er...ferocity, I suppose."
silvanis2.0

Postby sarahleinaar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Will looked at the robed man. "Thank you, I guess," he said. He thought about what the man had said.
"Wait, participants? For what," he asked.

(OOC: I'm going to a beach party so I will be gone for a few hours! I will post when I get back! :D )
sarahleinaar

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:08 pm

(OOC: Have fun!)
The robed man waved a hand.
"You will see. For now, I have business to attend to. Those fools upstairs may be good at sneaking and fighting, but they are good at little else. I must keep an eye on them."
With that, the robed man disappeared down the aisle. Forrester sighed and leaned his head against the bars.
----
The two horses gave Lachlan quite a lot of trouble once he finally got them to the stables. When six or seven stable hands finally calmed the horses down with treats, he left down the road, Stephania's pack in tow. He scanned the road for her necklace, muttering to himself. He was losing precious pickpocketing time. Finally, he gave up the search and retrieved the necklace's twin from his stash, telling himself that he would make up for it with the nobles' coin purses.
When he reached the foyer, the ball was in full swing. He smiled. He would be invisible amid the noise and excitement. He bumped into a noblewoman, unlatching and pocketing her necklace when he put a hand on her back to steady her.
"My apologies, m'lady."
Too easy.
Last edited by silvanis2.0 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silvanis2.0

Postby sarahleinaar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Will looked at Forrester. "Well, that was useless," he said with a sigh. He crossed his arms across his chest and leaned his head against the wall.
"I guess all we can do now is wait," he sighed. And pray. Pray that Serephine doesn't go looking for me and gets caught as well, he thought to himself.
sarahleinaar

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Erin sighed leaning against the wall of the ballroom, she had not even gotten a chance to dance and there already was a drunken skirmish taking place.
DecooPunk

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:29 pm

Maxwell found a cloak behind a suit of armor. "Well, here's a clue," he murmured. "Now where's the..."
He looked up on an impulse. Standing in the corner, headed for outside, was a person in a dark cloak.
His eyes trailed the figure incredulously. No way...it had to be someone else. No one would ditch a cape just to grab another one. Unless there was a minor difference he just didn't catch?
Softly, he followed the person outside. They were headed toward the garden, which he felt was the perfect place for an ambush. It never occurred to him that maybe it was he who was being set up.
Once they were well within the hedge, he walked up to them and tapped them on the shoulder. "Excuse me," he said politely. "But the party's inside. What are you doing out here?"

OOC- hope that works.
Wolfsong

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Forrester nodded, not bothering to take his head off of the bars.
"I just hope nobody gets hurt."
---
The day just kept getting better. People had stopped their celebrating to watch a scuffle break out. He slipped a couple coin purses from their pockets. He hastily jammed them into his own when he caught a glimpse of Erin, the knight from before. Quickly, he pretended to be absorbed in the fight, but watched her from the corner of his eye.
---
The robed woman pulled back her hood, her face neutral.
"Nice of you to join me," she said, her voice cool, "care to dance?"
She drew a long dagger from inside one of her sleeves.
(OOC: Beautiful! Go ahead and take the fight where you want it to go. Just be sure that Maxwell somehow makes his way to the dungeons. :D)
silvanis2.0

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:05 pm

OOC- Here goes nothing...

Maxwell raised an eyebrow, grinning cockily. "Sure," he said, drawing his rapier. "Why not." He quickly sized up his opponent, trying to guess at her strengths. She seemed small and lithe, built for speed. She held the dagger familiarly, speaking of her knowledge and ability.
"Christina uses a knife too," he remembered. "A stiletto. I usually succeed when we mock-sparred. But still...must be careful."
He experimentally thrust at her. She shifted quickly to the side, diving into him with knives flashing. Quickly realizing just how fast she was, he brought his knee up into her stomach, slowing her rush and giving him time to sidestep out of the way. He swung his rapier around, smashing it into her back. She did fall, as was expected, but then she rolled, regaining her feet quickly. "She's good," he admitted grudgingly.
They circled each other cautiously a few minutes, trying to find a weak spot in the other's defense. She suddenly lunged into him, clearly hoping surprise would win her this fight.
Maxwell calmly sidestepped around again, but as she turned, he tackled her. They rolled on the ground for a bit, before he used his superior strength to wrestle a dagger from her and hold it to her throat.
"Not too bad a dancer," he said. "Would you care to explain to me why we were dancing?"

OOC- tell me that didn't sound stupid...
Wolfsong

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:12 pm

OOC: Heehee! I love it! Hooray for witty banter ^w^
When the fight wound down, Lachlan nonchalantly wandered away with the rest of the crowd, effortlessly filching a loose bracelet in the process. That was when he saw it. There was a robed figure lurking just down the wall from Erin. Lachlan frowned and pushed his way through the crowd toward the shadowy person, waving to get Erin's attention. The figure disappeared in what looked like a puff of dust. Lachlan stopped, momentarily caught off balance by what he had seen. What was this? He wove through the people and got to Erin.
"M'lady," he said with a small bow, "I think there is something troubling going on here."
----
The woman cocked an eyebrow.
"You are rather impressive yourself," she said, tapping a dainty foot to the cobblestones.
Robed figures rustled out of the surrounding hedges and wrestled Maxwell off of the woman.
"And as much as I like dancing," she said, brushing herself off, "I am afraid you will have to wait just like everyone else."
She waved her hand and the robed figures began to drag Maxwell away to the dungeons.
silvanis2.0

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:28 pm

OOC: I always type Lachlan as lalachan.... Facepalm.

Erin stood watching the crowd when she noticed someone waving to her, it was the noble from before. He walked up to her and bowed. "M'lady, I think there seems to be something troubling going on." He told her.
"I think so too," Erin replied, her eyes narrowing. "There seems to be a strange lack of guards, not to mention the princess herself. Have you noticed anything else odd?"
DecooPunk

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:34 pm

OOC- Thanks! :n_n:

Maxwell was startled when he was suddenly jerked off the woman. The knife fell from his hands, and he was dismayed to realize his rapier was on the ground too.
"Blast it!" he hissed. He grimaced as the guards began dragging him away. It hurt not only his dignity, but his pride. "Hey, wait!" he shouted at the woman. "Explain this to me! What the heck is going on?!"
But his shouts fell on deaf ears.
Minutes later, he was brushing the dust and stuff off of his tunic, contemplating the jail cell, and his companions.
"Well fancy meeting you here," he said to Forrester. "Is it just me, or has today gone totally nuts?"
Wolfsong

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:44 pm

"Just a moment ago I saw a person in a black robe watching you," he said, scanning the crowd, hoping to spot the robed figure again, "I believe that counts as unusual... but then, I have never set foot inside this castle until today, so I am not sure what the customs are here."
A rather imposing man sidled up to them. He looked to be a farmer, from his build and clothes.
"I have seen one of those robed people myself," he said, his deep voice matching his big body, "I thought I saw him headin' to the east wing of the castle. I can see, m'lady, that you are a knight, but I would hate to have you find such a chap alone."
Lachlan nodded in agreement, "It would not be right. Shall we find this strange person together?"
----
Forrester was dumbfounded. What were the chances?
"This is the worst ball I have been to, I have to say," he replied with a small grin, "I imagine they haven't told you why we are here either?"
silvanis2.0

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:47 pm

"Did someone give you a hint? All I know is I trailed some black-cloaked girl outside, and received an invitation to fight. They didn't tell me anything. I won, got ambushed by guards, and was dragged down here. What do you know?" he asked.
Wolfsong

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:53 pm

"Let's." Erin nodded in agreement, "I want to get to the bottom of this."
DecooPunk

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:04 pm

"Not much, to be honest," Forrester replied, "I hit my head rather hard during the fight. All that I remember clearly is being told that they knew I could fight, and that their 'master' would be happy that they brought me in."
He jiggled the bars fruitlessly. The door was firmly locked.
"What worries me the most is that there are no armored guards posted at the ball. Nobody up there is safe."
----
Lachlan put his hands in his pockets to keep the stolen items from clinking together and alerting Erin's attention. The two men followed Erin into the hall and toward the eastern wing, as she knew the way better than they did.
"Is this your first time to the castle, sir, um..." Lachlan trailed off.
"Angus," replied the large man, "and indeed it is. I'm surprised tha' the princess hasn't joined the party. Do you suppose she's sick?"
"Perhaps," said Lachlan thoughtfully, "I do hope she is alright."
When they turned down a deserted hall, Angus strode ahead of them and suddenly pried a battleaxe from the hands of a suit of armor as easily as if he were plucking a daisy.
"Now, then," he said, dropping his quaint accent and turning to Erin and Lachlan, "let us test your mettle, little lady. And you, my chivalrous friend, I'll just get rid of you."
The massive man charged at them both, battleaxe at the ready.
----
Forrester, or who appeared to be Forrester, had been tracking Christina since she had entered the castle. He had been careful not to get too close and to wait to make himself known until he was sure that the true Forrester had been taken care of. His master knew of Christina's family, and was aware that she had brothers. Doubtless they had made her tougher than she seemed. He took care to mimic Forrester's limp as he made his way into the room, careful to walk in full view of her. Forrester owed her a dance, after all. He sat down at one of the tables and whistled as he had seen Forrester do many times before.
Last edited by silvanis2.0 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silvanis2.0

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Maxwell was quiet, thinking on that. Was this a planned operation then? No guards at the ball...wait a minute...
"Christina!" he gasped. "She's up there alone...and with a twisted ankle!" He suddenly rushed the bars, but only succeeded in hurting his head. Rubbing the sore spot, he grabbed at the bars, gripping them so tightly his knuckles were white. He began shouting curses as loudly as he could, venting his anger, frustration, and fear.

OOC- seems a little over the top to me, but...that's Maxwell.
Wolfsong

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:30 pm

Erin gasped, the man suddenly charging at them with a axe was certainly unexpected, but she regained her wits immediately and drew her sword, swinging it to block the axe from cutting into Lachlan. She kicked the man in the stomach while he tried to regain her balance but he swung his fist into knocking her to the side. " Lachlan!" She hissing, trying to regain her breath, "do something!"
OOC: I would of made her do more but it would of been weird since Lachlan was standing right there and all.
DecooPunk

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Christina glanced up, then saw Forrester seated nearby. Smiling, glad to see a familiar face, she stood, testing her ankle. It felt much better, and supported her well now. Pleased, she walked over to Forrester.
"Hello again," she said, smiling. Arching an eyebrow, she said, "I've come to claim that dance you owe me."
Wolfsong

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Lachlan pulled his little hatchet from the strap on his back. It seemed like a toy compared to Angus' battleaxe. He quickly holstered it again and circled behind the man, pulling the scarf from over his eye as he went. He leapt onto Angus' back and pulled the scarf over his eyes. Angus growled and slammed his back against the stone wall of the hallway. Lachlan groaned and felt like his ribs had all been crushed, but held on.
"Get him," he wheezed, pulling the scarf tighter and squeezing his bad eye closed in pain.
---
Forrester grabbed Maxwell by the collar and pulled him away from the bars.
"Giving yourself a headache and screaming at nobody won't do any good," he grumbled, his own head still throbbing, "let's see if we can find a way to pick this lock."
---
The Forrester double grinned, flashing those dimples like Forrester would.
"I figured you would find me sooner or later," he laughed, "I suppose we ought to do this properly."
He stood, making sure to favor his "bad" knee.
"Lady Christina, may I have this dance?" he asked, holding out a hand.
silvanis2.0

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:41 pm

Erin stuck the point of her sword onto the man's chest, "Give up or I'll have to kill you." She said coldly.
DecooPunk

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Angus only laughed. He closed a large hand around the blade and pulled it away from himself. He bled, but he didn't seem to feel it. Lachlan, severely lacking air, was unable to keep his grip and limply slid off of Angus' back and onto the floor. Weakly, he pulled out his hatchet again and drove it deep into the back of Angus' knee. The huge man howled in pain and whirled around to face Lachlan.
"I'll string you up with that scarf, you pest," he snarled and picked Lachlan up by the front of his coat.
silvanis2.0

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Erin stumbled backwards when the man grabbed the sword but steadied herself and swung her sword at the man's neck when he was distracted by Lachlan.
DecooPunk

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:27 pm

Angus turned back at the sound of Erin's blade, but not quickly enough. The sword cut a big gash in his neck. He said something but the blood that pooled in his mouth muffled it beyond recognition. He staggered and fell, pressing his hand to his throat. Weakly, he stamped once against the stone floor before limply falling to his side. Lachlan gaped at Angus' body and then at Erin.
"No wonder they made you a knight," he wheezed.
Suddenly, the decorative suit of armor stepped from its pedestal and soundly whacked Lachlan across the back of the head. He was instantly unconscious. Two hooded figures stepped out from a bend in the hallway. One pulled Lachlan across its shoulders and carried him away. The other stood holding an elegant little crossbow.
"You are indeed a skilled fighter," came a feminine voice from beneath the hood, "you have passed our test. Now, it is your choice whether you allow me to take you to the dungeon to wait with the others or I kill you here and now. There will not be a fight. You cannot reach me before I shoot and I never miss. What is your choice?"
silvanis2.0

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:32 pm

Erin sighed, there was no way she could escape from this, it would be better to go than get killed immediately. "Fine." She shrugged wiping the blood off her sword with the edge of her sleeve.
DecooPunk

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:45 pm

"Very good," said the hooded woman as she lowered her crossbow slightly, "if you would please walk in front of me to the dungeons, we'll get along just fine."
She looked at the large corpse that was once Angus.
"Will someone please clean this up?" she called to seemingly nobody.
Another of the robed people slipped silently from behind a second suit of armor and began to drag Angus away.
silvanis2.0

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying