Perilous Waltz

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Perilous Waltz

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:11 pm

"Why are you hiding from Lady Christina?" Forrester whispered, his sword still drawn but at his side.
silvanis2.0

Postby sarahleinaar » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Serephina smiled as she gazed upon the beautiful castle of King Alastair.
She looked at her manservant and best friend, William.
"Isn't it beautiful Will? If the outside is this magnificent, I can hardly wait to see the inside," she said.
Will smiled. "It is M'lady. We best hurry if we want to make it before the ball starts," he pointed out.
Serephina smiled. "Yes, we better."
An hour later they arrived at the gates of the palace. They were allowed in and someone immediately showed them to their rooms.
"Oh William. It's so big," Serephina gasped walking into their quarters.
"That it is M'lady," he said.
She turned and glared at him. "How many times must I tell you to call me Serepina? We are best friends after all," she said.
Will smiled. "But you are still a princess. My princess and I will always serve you," he said.
She smiled. "Well then. I know what you can do. You can go and find some lucky girl. You need some fun Will. You work far to much," she said taking him by the arm and pulling him out of their room. "But M'lady," he started to protest but she shushed him.
"That is an order. Go and have fun. I'll see you at the ball," she said.
He smiled. "You are a great friend Serephina," he said then he started walking down the hall.
Serephina smiled. "Now, time to meet people," she told herself. She walked down the opposite hall looking for someone to talk to.

(OOC: Hi everyone! Wasn't really sure what to do with them, so I just split them up and had them searching for people. I didn't really want to interrupt anyone's conversation. Haha, so feel free to interact with them!)
Love The Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul,
with all your mind, and with all your strength
sarahleinaar

Postby DecooPunk » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:21 pm

OOC: Yay! New characters <3
Erin walked through the halls, trying to remember where the gardens were when she saw a young noble woman walking through the castle. Erin stopped and waved "Hello." She said smiling.
DecooPunk

Postby sarahleinaar » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:13 am

Serephina looked at a young woman who walked up to her. She couldn't tell if she was a noble or a knight.
"Hello, My name is Serephina. What is yours," she asked politely.
sarahleinaar

Postby snailboy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Bertram turned to the bushes. He was sure he had heard someone.
snailboy

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:59 pm

"And I for mine," Stephania said quietly. "Would you mind taking the reins? I- I have had enough of leading for a while."

The rest of the ride passed in silence, but she thought she could feel Lachlan and Josephine, watching her, their eyes boring into her back, waiting for her lack of etiquette to fail her again. In time, they came to the gates of the city, their horses pushing through the massive crowd that had bottlenecked around the entrance. There, guards in gleaming armor stood at attention, scanning the attendees as they entered. Even in their elegant, ceremonial dress, and even as they were barely visible above the teeming masses, they were imposing presences, strong-armed deterrents against trouble. Or at least, she hoped they were, but with the warning in the king's invitation, she wondered if maybe it had invited the trouble they were trying to prevent.

"Did you not say your way would be a shortcut?" Stephania shouted over the bustle of the crowd at Lachlan.
Davidizer13

Postby silvanis2.0 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:12 am

Lachlan couldn't help but smirk at Stephania and jerked a thumb over his shoulder.
"If I may point out that the merchants that you were traveling with are a speck somewhere down the path..."
He could tell by her body language that she was very uncomfortable. His smirk sunk into a frown. His hand very slightly reached out to jostle her shoulder and cajole her into lightening up, but that would not fit his noble persona. He withdrew it and wondered what he ought to do. Normally he wouldn't particularly care. She was just a target holding something he wanted. He would ordinarily just say what she wanted to hear, do what would endear him to her, and then take the treasure and bolt. She was making that difficult to do, what with her quick wit and seemingly shortening fuse. She was a challenge, and Lachlan was never one to back down from a challenge.
He leaned forward in the saddle, just enough to whisper in her ear, "You know, when you take away the pretty clothes and ridiculous baubles, they are all just people. Hold your head up, m'lady. You deserve to be here just as much as they do."
Something tightened at the base of his spine when he realized that he actually meant that. He was losing his touch. He would have to shake this off.
silvanis2.0

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:41 pm

"Because I'm not supposed to be here, technically speaking." Maxwell, noticing the man now looking around, tried in the least menacing way possible to grab the knight-guy's arm and pull him behind the hedge. "Okay, here's the story. I'm Maxwell Sereas, her brother. I came to keep an eye on her, because I have this strange feeling that something wrong's gonna happen tonight. But I'm not supposed to be here. So...I just want to make sure she's okay. Please..."
Wolfsong

Postby DecooPunk » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:16 pm

"My name is Erin Adeney." She replied smiling "Have you by any chance seen a young noble out in the courtyard? His name is Bertram and he was was wearing black and riding a grey mare. If you haven't seen him that's perfectly alright, I was just asking because you just arrived and I thought he was still in the courtyard."
DecooPunk

Postby snailboy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Bertram gave Christina what he meant to be a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure everything will be just fine at the ball tonight," he lied.

He wondered who'd been in the bushes, perhaps just another guest at the ball but perhaps someone watching Christina. He would be sure to keep an eye out for her tonight, and try to keep her safe. There was no telling what his father and brothers were up to, he hoped it had nothing to do with the ball or the princess or the disappearances. His father and brothers had never involved him in their lives. Bertram was his mother's son, and spent his time with her.
snailboy

Postby snailboy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:34 pm

"Shall we go inside?" Bertram asked Christina.

Perhaps she would safe from whoever was watching her if she were inside the castle. And where was the knight, Forrester, whom Christina appeared to be fond of? Forrester could protect Christina better than he could.
Last edited by snailboy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snailboy

Postby DecooPunk » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:39 pm

OOC: Snailly <3
You should not double post, you can edit and add more to a post though if you want to.
DecooPunk

Postby sarahleinaar » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Serephine tried to remember who she saw in the courtyard when they arrived.
"I think I do remember seeing a young man, and a lady was with him. The ball is about to start, would you like to go to the ball room? Maybe we will see your friend there. Plus, I would like you to meet my friend, William," she replied with a smile.
sarahleinaar

Postby silvanis2.0 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:55 pm

Forrester sized up Maxwell from behind the hedge. He could see a faint resemblance between Christina and him.
"Very well," he said finally, "but if I find that you have lied to me, you will get to know my sword. Are we clear?"
silvanis2.0

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Christina looked up at Bertram and smiled. "Yes, that sounds wonderful," she agreed.

Maxwell gave him a long look. "I'm not an amateur with the blade either, but I can swear to you I'm not lying." Then he glanced up and saw Christina walking over toward the palace with that guy. He grimaced. "This could be harder than I thought...could you perhaps help me?" he asked, turning to Forrester. "I don't know my way around..."
Wolfsong

Postby silvanis2.0 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Forrester raised his eyebrows before glancing toward Christina and Bertram. He sheathed his blade.
"I will get you into the castle, but keep your distance. Your sister will most likely want to talk with me if she sees me."
silvanis2.0

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:41 pm

Max raised a hand in acknowledgement. "Noted." He followed the knight. "By the way, what's your name, sir?"
Wolfsong

Postby silvanis2.0 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:14 pm

"Forrester," he said quietly, unsure how he felt about Maxwell, "I wish we had met under better circumstances. I will see if I can keep them distracted long enough to make a clear path for you."
Forrester stepped into the open and made his way toward the stone stairs, whistling.
silvanis2.0

Postby snailboy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:17 pm

"Hello!" Bertram called to Forrester.
snailboy

Postby silvanis2.0 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Forrester paused, smiled and waved. Well, so far so good.
"Are you two on your way to the ball?" he asked, "I was about to head that way myself. Care to join me?"
silvanis2.0

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Stephania took in Lachlan's statement, and the more she thought about it, the more it made sense to her. Here, the king had invited all his kingdom to the festivities, rich, poor, peasant, noble - none of it mattered so long as they were willing to share in his daughter's joy. She straightened up in the saddle, putting her legs in a more rigid, elegant bend (or at least what she thought was more elegant). Again, she glanced at Josephine, trying to get hints about how to be a lady of regal bearing, wishing she didn't have to have an axe strapped to her belt to break the image. At least her sword was a work of art, from what she saw of it, the hilt jeweled and gleaming in the light.

Unconsciously, she went for her own jewelry, feeling around her neck for her pendant. It was missing. Cautiously, smoothly, she turned and opened her pack. Surely if it wasn't around her neck, it would be on top of her things.

It wasn't there either. "My lord," she asked Lachlan, "have you seen my pendant? I believe it may have fallen off."
Davidizer13

Postby silvanis2.0 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Lachlan blinked. He had stolen a pendant like hers but he hadn't taken hers, he was sure. He looked around, but through the sea of people there was no way to see the ground. He furrowed his brow.
"Once we get Doyle stabled I will go back to look," he promised.
If all else failed, he could pick up the one from his stash. Something stirred in the pit of his stomach. Why would he do such a thing? He needed that pendant to pay for food! He kept his face neutral while his mind fought itself. They passed slowly through the gates and he stood in the saddle to see which way the stables were. When he saw the general direction that they had to take, he slipped from the saddle and held out his hand to Stephania to help her down.
"No point in you going to the ball smelling like a stable," he smiled.
silvanis2.0

Postby Ally-Ann » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:51 pm

~+Orion+~

Oh, the castle. The glorious, majestic castle. How beautiful and bold it was, sitting atop a hill, overlooking the bustling city below, with the citizens preparing the buildings and streets for that night's procession for the princess.

And Orion Castille thought that every bit of it was absurd.

He sat atop his horse, near the stables, as he gazed at the city below, watching as the people hurried to decorate the buildings and light posts with gorgeous flowers and ribbons, scattering peony petals along the streets while minstrels and other musicians strummed their lutes and plucked their lyres. The young knight grimaced slightly. We're holding such a large party for a girl who was simply lucky to have been born a princess. She never accomplished anything, and yet we treat her as if she has granted the wish of world peace. Orion dismounted his horse before stroking her nose. "It's the servants, maids, and knights that do all the work to keep the royal courts running smoothly, isn't it, Artey?" Orion uncharacteristically cooed, receiving a quiet whinny from the Arabian mare. "Of course it is, but that's the way life works. It doesn't do much good to complain. At least I have a decent-paying job." As Orion handed Artemesia's reins to a stable servant, he quickly stroked her neck. "I'll come back here for ya after the ball. It's not mandatory for me to stick around during the evening city procession," he said, talking to the mare as if she could understand and speak his language. Orion's hazel-green eyes bore into the servant's eyes. "She is tame, but I advise you to give her nothing but the best food, water, and grooming. Carrots or apples at dinner time, clean water from the courtyard well, and hair brushing promptly at sunset. She acts no different than a human woman, and she will have nothing less." The servant did his best to keep a neutral expression, but his left eyebrow quirked slightly at the odd instructions. Orion quirked an eyebrow right back. "I'm telling you this for your own sake, not hers. You don't want to deal with a spoiled mare who isn't getting what she wants when she wants." Artemesia whinnied again, short and loud in protest, and Orion laughed. "What did I tell you? She's spoiled rotten and she knows it!" And with that, the knight waved to the stable servant, turned on his heel, and began walking towards one of the castle's back doors, leaving said servant shaking his head at the outgoing knight.

~|Josephine|~

Josephine listened to Lachlan's and Stephania's talking, staying silent for the rest of the ride. After some time, the noble noticed how Stephania was always fidgeting to sit up straighter or adjust her sitting position, perhaps to appear a bit more lady-like. Josephine's serious face softened. "There's no need to try so hard," is what Josephine wanted to say, but she couldn't bring herself to say anything; she didn't want Stephania to know that she had noticed; after all, the woman wanted to appear that she was sitting naturally like that, right? Then it would do her self-esteem no good if Josephine were to state that she had noticed that she was trying. So Josephine said nothing and continued to observe the scenery as they passed the gates, resorting to sending quick, kind glances to Stephania once in a while.

During one of said glanced, however, Jospehine's eyebrows knitted together slightly. The woman's neck was bare. Hadn't Stephania been wearing some sort of necklace earlier that day, at the village? A pendant of some sort? Josephine opened her mouth slightly to address the question, when Stephania seemed to reach for the now-gone necklace, asking Lachlan if he had seen it fall anywhere.

"Perhaps it fell off at the village or city..." Josephine murmured, feeling sympathy for Stephania.
Ally-Ann

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:08 pm

"Perhaps so," Lachlan agreed.
Chances were slim that a pendant of such value would go unnoticed, and he knew that folks like him would have no issue pocketing it. Before he could stable Doyle and try to retrace their steps, a lone trumpet blared above the chatter and music. The ocean of people fell silent to listen to the brightly clothed courier standing near the fountain.
"Hear ye, hear ye! His majesty, King Alastair, invites all in attendance to enter the great hall and surrounding chambers! Please do not shove and move in an orderly fashion so all can enjoy the festivities. Let Princess Maev's birthday ball begin!"
There was a burst of applause and several cheers as the crowd surged forward toward the stairs.
"Lovely," Lachlan muttered, trying to hold Doyle still while people hurried to enter the castle.
silvanis2.0

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:03 pm

"Alright." Erin replied, after a courier announced the ball would begin, "Looks like the ball is about to start."
DecooPunk

Postby snailboy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Bertram nodded. He'd hopefully be able to leave Christina with Forrester so that he could collect his thoughts in some quiet corner of the ballroom. He did know how to dance, but he dreaded having to actually do it. And it would be easier to keep an eye out for Christina from afar.
snailboy

Postby sarahleinaar » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:30 am

Serephine nodded and they started walking towards the ball room. Just then she noticed William looking through the crowd.
"Will," she called out to him. He looked and smiled as he saw her. He pushed his way through the crowd and finally came upon the two ladies.
"Well hello Princess. I see you've made a friend. I am William, Princess Serephine's servant, body guard and best friend," he said and with a smile he took Erin's hand and kissed the top of her fingers. He let her hand go and smiled. "Shall we enter the ball," he asked.
sarahleinaar

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:22 pm

"Oh no," muttered Stephania under her breath. She slid off the horse, but not before patting her pack. "Please forgive me for this, but I must be going now! If you can, would you please meet me at the west gate of the palace after the night is through? Thank you!" She joined the crowd passing by without waiting for an answer.

A strange thought crossed her mind as she climbed the stairs to the great hall - what if Lachlan stole her backpack? She shoved it down, convincing herself that she was being paranoid. Lachlan was a noble, he wouldn't dare steal from those beneath him, and besides, he had it all anyway. What would he need with the meager supplies of a peasant woman?

Whatever was left of that imagining was swept away by the rich inside of the castle. From marble columns hung silken banners, brightly colored, each with an insignia of one of the clans of nobles. Through the teeming crowds, entertainers and musicians plied their trade in fancy costumes. Women in pointed hats towered over the crowds, rubbing elbows with roughly dressed laboring men, all eating and drinking their shares from the king's abundance. Cautiously, Stephania pushed through towards that same feast, set up on tables swarmed by both guests and the unfortunate servants that had to push between them to manage the heaping platters of food - meats of all kinds, fruits and vegetables, fancy rolls and desserts scattered between them, all of it looking finer than any she had been privy to back home. She squeezed past a fat man gnawing on a chicken drumstick, and quickly snatched a loaf of a grainy bread off the table, its crust sticky with honey and jam.
Davidizer13

Postby silvanis2.0 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Forrester walked with Christina and Bertram into the vaulted wide entrance to the castle, occasionally casting a furtive glance behind them to be sure that Maxwell was keeping up. Not surprisingly, he was able to blend in well with the crowd. The feasts had already been set up and people wasted no time in finding a full plate. He looked to his companions.
"I believe we will see each other soon," he said, "I must meet with my sister before the dancing starts. Lady Christina, perhaps you ought to rest your ankle for a bit and have something to eat."
Christina agreed, and once she was able to find her place at the nobles' tables, he breathed a little easier. He elbowed Bertram good naturedly.
"I don't know if you're anything like me," he grinned with a wink, "but the feast is a good excuse not to dance for at least part of the night."
-----
Lachlan noticed that Stephania left her pack on Doyle's saddle before rushing away. He slung it over his shoulder and smiled at Josephine.
"Someone must be excited," he chuckled, "shall I take your horse to the stable?"
He itched to see what was in the pack. This day was getting better and better.
silvanis2.0

Postby snailboy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:35 am

Bertram smiled. "Thank you," he answered.
snailboy

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying