The Expedition

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Expedition

Postby sarahleinaar » Wed May 15, 2013 5:40 pm

500 YEARS IN OUR FUTURE

Silence. Complete silence in the daytime. At night is when it happens. The people come out. It's when you hear the horrible sounds that haunt you for the rest of your life. Welcome to the new age.

-World History-
There was a medicine that doctors thought could make you immortal. They tried it and indeed it seemed like they were. They tried drowning, but couldn't. They tried shooting themselves, the bullet didn't even leave a mark. So the doctors had everyone take it. Yet there were those who defied against this "cure." They didn't believe they would be immortal but believed that there would be horrible times ahead of them. They were right. Over the years more and more people started going crazy. Starting killing each other for no reason.
They reacted to light where they would burn to death. They were no longer immortal, they were the walking dead. They were giving a nickname, called The Craze.

-Present-
Only a few number of actual humans are left. They all live in a huge hotel where they have set us base. No craze could get inside. They are fighting for their life's and are desperately trying to find a cure.
Unfortunately they found out that the main ingredient, a rare flower leaf called The Lilay, is on the other side of the world. Their mission is to get that flower and to stay alive. Only a few volunteered to go. Only because they knew its their last hope. If they fail, the human race will become extinct...

So that's pretty much it. We will start off on the first day of the expedition where everyone is meeting up and about to head off.

- CHARACTER SHEET-

-Full Name-
-Age- 12-30
-Gender-
-Appearance- Real or anime pic, or just a brief description
- Weapons - Guns, Knifes, Swords, ect.
- Career before the disease- If a teen just leave blank
- Short Bio-
- Rank - The Ranks are how good at fighting you are. The better you fight the higher the rank. An H1 is the highest rank. The commander of the expedition. An H2 is the second in command. Everyone else ranks from H3-H8. H8 being pretty weak.
I was going to be the commander but then I decided I would be the H2 and let someone else have fun with that role. There is only one H1 and H2. H2 being taken by me so first come first serve. (:

So that's it. When we get enough people I will send it in. You can have up to let's say 4 characters max.
Have Fun and hope you join! :D
Last edited by sarahleinaar on Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love The Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul,
with all your mind, and with all your strength
sarahleinaar

Re: The Expedition

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Hey, somebody made a zombie RP! I've been waiting ages for one of these, thank you so much! Well, perhaps not zombie, but similar, somewhat.

Anyway, I am most definitely joining this, just a couple of things I wanted to ask. I have another character I used a few years back and I think he'd be really good to have here (with some slight modification, of course) Are you against character recycling? Also, in the H1 H2 H3 so on system, what does the 'H' stand for? Just curious. Ok, I think that's it, I eagerly await a response.
Oddood198

Postby sarahleinaar » Wed May 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Hey! Yay I'm glad someone is interested!
For your first question go ahead! I don't mind :)
As for what the H stands for it means Human. Haha
I'm glad your joining! If anyone else has questions feel free to ask! :D
sarahleinaar

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Oh, H = Human. Makes sense. All right, I'll get started on editing that bio (Character Sheets here, I suppose. Back then they were bios.) and post it as soon as I'm done.
Oddood198

Postby sarahleinaar » Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Sounds good :D
sarahleinaar

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Well, I finished the editing already, that didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. I think I got it to an acceptable point for this thread. Although, I really don't like how short it is, and I may be revisiting it sometime to do a bit of readjusting on it. The original was much better, trust me.

-Full Name- Yaru Akari

-Age- 14

-Gender- Male

-Appearance- Yaru stands at around 5'10" tall, he is more muscular that the average person his age, mostly from running and fighting. Bright eyes as blue as the ocean look out from his face, just under them is is a curved nose, on his left cheek he has a scar, a couple inches long, a faint red on his otherwise pale skin. His hair is black, he used to dye it white but he figured there was no real point, so he let the black grow out and cut off all the white. He usually has his hair in a kind of bedhead style, just shaggy and messy, because he simply can't be bothered to do anything else with it.

He wears black cargo pants, because they have multiple pockets to keep things in and they are not restricting to movement. Over his torso he wears a black long sleeved shirt, and a black denim jacket over that just for protection, but worn so he can easily get it off it it becomes too restricting. Covering his feet he has black socks, and over those he has black steel toed boots.

- Weapons - As his main weapon, he has a katana, plain and simple. Grey hilt wrappings with a dull brown handguard, and a dark silver blade.
Also, he has a single .40 pistol, it is black, and has flashlight and laser dot attachments. This is mainly used if his target is too far away or he can't get to his sword fast enough.

- Career before the disease- Blank as requested.

- Short Bio- Yaru was born into a good family, they weren't rich or famous, but they did have a very comfortable life, with a nice home, good cars, and some money in the bank. Yaru's life was very similar to any other infant's and, later, toddler's. He started instruction in swordsmanship at six years old, his parents wanted him actively involved in a physical sport to keep him in shape, and that was what he chose.
Yaru, like most any six year old boy, immediately fell in love with it. He not only got to hit things with a stick, but he had someone teaching him how to hit things with a stick. He continued the practice for years, and showed a great aptitude for it. Over his years in training he entered countless tournaments and won several, becoming a well-known competitor in youth swordfighting.
Yaru's parents gave birth to a baby girl when Yaru was seven, and their nice family grew a little bit.

Years later, news everywhere began talking about this immortality medicine. Yaru's parents and sister took it, while Yaru was scheduled to the next week, as he had a match soon and didn't want anything unexpected like an allergic reaction to cause him to drop out. It was then that The Craze began. Yaru was the only one of his wonderful family who didn't fall to madness.
Now, nothing to lose and with a chance to save humanity, he has volunteered his life to fine the Lilay.

- Rank - H5. He could be at least H3, except, for all his deadly skill in melee combat with his sword, he is terribly innacurate at long range, and usually relies more on luck than skill when shooting.
Last edited by Oddood198 on Sun May 19, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oddood198

Postby sarahleinaar » Thu May 16, 2013 5:02 am

Sounds good :D If you know anyone else that would want to join feel free to ask! I'll need about 4-5 people to start unless someone makes more than 1 character :)

Here are my characters, I might make more later. I was thinking that Mary could be Yuro's best friend since their almost the same age. Just a thought. :)

-Full Name- Sarah Johnson
-Age- 22
-Gender- Female
-Appearance- She is 5"8 and slightly thin. She is tan with long, slightly curly, dark brown hair and eyes. She usually wears shorts and a tank top.
-Weapons- Two Swords and one pistol. One sword she wears attached to a weapon belt on her left side and the other is on her right side. The pistol is on the back.
- Career before the disease- She had just finished collage and had gotten a medical degree as a doctor.
- Rank- H2, she's one of the best fighters out there. She knows all the best places to take down a Craze.

-Full Name- Mary Johnson
-Age- 15
-Gender- Female
-Appearance- Long curly blonde hair and eyes as blue as the sea. She's 5"4 and is average weight. She usually wears a normal t-shirt and shorts.
-Weapons- She has two guns on a weapon belt that Sarah had given her.
- Career before the disease- None
-Short Bio- Sarah had found her all alone but alive and normal, so she took her in as her own and considers her as a sister. She promised Mary that she wouldn't let anyone hurt her and she's kept that promise. Of course Mary wouldn't leave Sarah's side so when Sarah volunteered to go on the trip, Mary did to. After three days of arguing, Sarah finally agreed.
- Rank- H4, She's pretty good. She knows how to stay alive and Sarah has taught her a lot.
sarahleinaar

Postby Wolfsong » Thu May 16, 2013 4:38 pm

This...looks awesome. I'll play mote than one character!!

Full Name- Jessica Gradys
-Age- 17
-Gender- Female
-Appearance- Image
- Weapons - Twin Pistols
- Career before the disease- blank
- Short Bio- Her parents were among the first to take the "medicene" and she had to kill them personally. She strives intently to get that flower so that she can at least save others, even if she couldn't save her own family.
- Rank - H4

-Full Name- Leon Morgandy
-Age- 25
-Gender- Male
-Appearance- Image
- Weapons - longsword
- Career before the disease- He went through college, got a degree as a doctor, then suddenly decided he didn't care.
- Short Bio- After watching the world fall apart, he decided to focus on at least self-preservation. He wasn't able to save his family, and often jokes that he can hear them hunting him at nights. He did however keep his german shepherd, Roland, who remains faithful to this day.
- Rank - H1

I hope this is acceptable. Is there anything I should know, since I've accepted the duty of leader?
Wolfsong

Postby sarahleinaar » Thu May 16, 2013 5:33 pm

Both are accepted! I'm glad someone decided to take the leader role :)
The leader is the one that leads the expedition (you can just make the way up as you go along)
You decide when to stop and rest, and everything else.
If you know anyone else that would want to join by all means go and ask them. Once 1-2 more people join I will send it in. Let me know if you have any questions. :D
sarahleinaar

Postby syphon » Thu May 16, 2013 6:09 pm

I may want to join, Mind if i join in or are you full? i will only be able make one character btw. :)

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby sarahleinaar » Thu May 16, 2013 6:26 pm

Go ahead and join! I'm actually wanting 1-2 more people to join. :D
sarahleinaar

Postby syphon » Thu May 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Ok thank you, ill try and make a character tonight. If not then tomorrow morning.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby sarahleinaar » Thu May 16, 2013 7:32 pm

Sounds good :)
sarahleinaar

Postby syphon » Thu May 16, 2013 9:15 pm

Name- grant alan
Age- 24
Gender- Male

Appearance- black jeans, white long sleeve shirt, black vest, white shoes, knee and elbow pads, and he has green eyes, black short hair, and is 5' 9", and is thin but not really scrawny.

Weapons- a large knife he has strapped to his vest and an AN-94 assualt rife on his back

Career- Finished highschool and decided not to attened any college

Short bio- was still living with his parents who he was on good terms with. But in the blink of an eye the craze were too much for even his own weapons and killed his parents.(cant think of a good bio atm sorry maybe i will think of something later)

Rank- H3 when counting his gun skills And H5 physical strength wise.

Ill edit it if there is anything you see that im missing or doing wrong.

syphon

Postby S.M.O.G. » Thu May 16, 2013 10:31 pm

This is my first time doing one of these, so if I'm doing something wrong (or could just plain be doing better), please, let me know!

-Full Name- Kitsune Yoshiki (Kitsune is his family name. He's vey proud of his Japanese heritage, so he never lets anyone get it mixed up).
-Age- 22
-Gender-Male
-Appearance- Five foot, eleven inches tall [EDIT: Changed it. The original height I had was freakishly tall.], and weighs about 180 pounds. Slender and fairly muscular, he prefers black clothing, and without sleeves if temperature allows. His jeans are either slightly baggy or nearly skin-tight, depending on the situation . He likes to dress elaborately, but given the circumstances he has traded fashion for functionality, for the most part. He has longish black hair, which he keeps styled perfectly at all times. Sometimes wears sunglasses that are nearly big enough to pass as goggles.
- Weapons - A "multi-sword" (think Cloud in Advent Children) with a variety of attachments, including a gun.
- Career before the disease- Actor/Stuntman
- Short Bio- In school he excelled in math in science. Not that he enjoyed it, but his parents made him maintain near-perfect grades in order to keep up with his true passion: Kendo. He eventually became one of the world's most well known action movie stars, called the Jackie Chan of his day for his adamant refusal to use a stunt double.

As a reward for his cinematic achievements, he was given a fully functioning replica of the weapon wielded by his most beloved role. He practiced with it in his spare time, determined to not let it go to waste as an ornament. Before his acting career, his swordsmanship would consistently earn him at least a silver in any given tournament. From his experience as a stunt actor, he can apply his skill to a real life situation in an emergancy, and look pretty cool while doing it.
- Rank - H3.
Last edited by S.M.O.G. on Sat May 18, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.M.O.G.

Postby sarahleinaar » Fri May 17, 2013 4:55 am

Both accepted! I think we have enough people now, but it's still open to anyone who wants to join. We could run into you and find out your not a Craze or something. Thanks again for joining! So I just read the new rules and they say that we use this same thread for recruiting people and the actual role play. So I guess we can start posting. I figured Wolfsong could start since his character is the leader. We are all just meeting up with each other and about to was off. Btw, people can still join. We are always accepting. :D
sarahleinaar

Postby Wolfsong » Sat May 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Oh, I get to start? Okay, I can do that if you want. by the way, just a friendly reminder, its "she". Don't worry, I get mixed up all the time. Seems to come naturally.
okay...how to begin...

- Leon Morgandy -

Softly, he exited the building - his small house - and entered the streets. It was quiet, unusually so, considering. It bothered him, and he wondered if it meant something. He chuckled softly.
"Too tense," he murmured. "Too stressed. Mother dearest, did you ever believe you'd be out to kill your own son? What an amazing turn of events."
Smiling, he turned the corner, and found the gate. A large, ugly thing in his own humble opinion, but sadly necessary. Sad, truly sad. No one else was there yet. Shrugging, he leaned against the wall, crossing his arms and feet. He glanced around, an eyebrow raised, then whistled sharply. Around the corner trotted a black-brown-patched german shepherd, who came straight to him and sat down. He smiled, patting its head.
"Ready for the adventure of a lifetime, Roland?" he asked it. "Though its most likely the one to send us to our deaths. Can't say I'm truly optimistic about it."
The dog growled low in its throat. Cocking his head slightly, he heard it too: a low snarl that had not come from a human or dog's throat. Softly, he murmured, "That's probably my dad. Still on the hunt, eh? I wonder if they ever sleep."
Roland just stared at him. He smiled back. "Sorry boy. At least you had no relatives to lose. Be grateful for that."

-Jessica Gradys -

Deftly, she loaded her pistols, twirled them, then shoved them into their holsters. Tired, she was still tired. She couldn't stand listening to the snarls outside. She'd not slept decently since...she didn't remember when. She missed her mom's gentle songs that lulled her back to sleep.
Sighing, she left and went to the gate. Leon was already there, with his dog, which was only to be expected. Quietly, she leaned against the other wall, not saying a word. Nothing to be said, they both know why they were there.
The important thing was to get it done.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Yaru was alone in his cold, dark room. It was a single hotel room, a small one holding only the basics of a hotel: bed that was infested with who knows what, dresser he didn't have anything to put into, TV that didn't work, air conditioner that also didn't work, and a bathroom. At least the toilet worked.
His window was open, and a cool breeze wafted through it, blowing the curtains and the dangling hair cut just above his eyes. He liked the breeze, it reminded him of home. His wonderful peaceful home. His mother and father, and his younger sister.
As memories tenderly came to him, his let hand reached up, gently touching the red scar on his cheek, a reminder of recent, less peaceful times.
He clenched his hand into a fist, fingernails digging into his palm, and the pain of it brought him back to the present. No time for reminiscing. He thought, his eyes narrowing slightly into his usual sharp look. He turned away from the window, reaching down to the top of his bed and picking up the denim jacket that sat on it, sliding his arms through, he tugged the edges to make sure it was fitting properly. He doubted anything would have changed since he last wore it, yesterday, but today was a day where no mistakes would be tolerated. He also checked the rest of his attire, making sure his boots were laced and tightly tied, his belt wasn't loose, his pants weren't sagging even a little bit.
Once he was satisfied with that, he picked up another item sitting on his bed, a small, dark backpack. It was light, as Yaru wasn't in the habit of bringing unnecessary things. The bag was loaded with essentials: a first-aid kit, flashlight, a folded up map, some extra ammunition and a few things to maintain his sword. He put his arms through the loops on the bag and tightened them as much as he could without hindering movement in his shoulders.
Next, Yaru took his handgun, a small black pistol, and began checking it. He made sure it was loaded with bullets, then switched on the flashlight and laser dot attachments, confirming they had working batteries. He put the gun in a holster strapped to his right leg.
The last item was by far the most important: Yaru's katana, which he took carefully in both hands, looking down the sheath to make sure there were no new cracks, checking the handle wrapping to be certain they were secure, and, finally, he drew the sword, examining the oiled steel to be certain there were no dents or rust spots. When he was finally satisfied with it, Yaru slid the sheath into his belt, exactly where it had spent countless hours and days sitting.
With this, Yaru was finally ready.

He exited his room, dropping the key in front of the door. He wouldn't need it anymore, on the off chance he survived this suicide mission, he wouldn't be living in this hotel any longer.
He made his way to the stairs and began his descent. Yaru's room was on the seventh floor, so it took him a couple minutes to get to the ground. When he reached it, he walked through the lobby area and outside, where he found Leon and Jessica already waiting in silence. He didn't say a word to them, just gave a curt nod to Leon and sat on the ground against the gate, closing his eyes and focusing his hearing on the almost silent world. There was nothing to do now but wait for the others to arrive.
Oddood198

Postby sarahleinaar » Sat May 18, 2013 6:05 pm

OOC: Oh great. I feel stupid now. Sorry!!!

- Sarah & Mary -

Sarah walked to her room and saw Mary sitting on her bed.
"Hey girl. You ready," Sarah asked her. She nodded. "We really need a cure and I'm going to help find it. Our names will go down in history," she said. Sarah chuckled. "If we don't die first," she said. Mary rolled her eyes.
"Very optimistic aren't you," she said sarcastically. "Okay let's go and meet the others," Sarah said. They grabbed their backpacks, secured their weapons and walked towards the gate. They saw Leon, Jessica and Yuro already there. "Hey," she said as they walked up.
sarahleinaar

Postby S.M.O.G. » Sat May 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Yoshiki woke up, rolled out of bed, and went through his boring morning routine. He almost skipped the exercise portion, not wanting to be even slightly tired for such a day as today. Then again, he thought, it would be even worse to break the habit. After his shower he put on his baggy blue jeans and his black sleeveless T-shirt. He put a few identical outfits in his bag before slinging it over his shoulder.

Finally he went to his collection of sword attachments. He had dozens of them, and somehow managed to save them all during the first evacuation. From now on he'd be on the move, it was time to decide on the most portable option. At his core, the sword was just a katana, about a foot or so longer than the average length, but had plenty of different options, most of which looked like they had come from an anime. He selected a (relatively) small amount, enough to be adequately prepared for most situations he'd be likely to come across. Of course, the world wasn't likely to be in the state it was in.

He went through his bag one last time to make sure he had everything. Phone, tablet, pens, notebook, ammo, rope, survival kit, toilet paper. Yep, it's all here. I guess if there one thing to be thankful for in this whole mess, it's that it all went down after solar-charged phones became standard, and that the networks don't need to have people to run them anymore.

His room was on the top floor. He chose it so that The Craze would have to go all the way up to get to him. He took the stairs down. He always did, an elevator was the last place he'd want to be if something happened. On the way he stopped at a vending machine, smashed the glass, and took all the protein bars and waterbottles. I don't know why I was the first to do that, but I'll be the last to complain.

He made it down to the lobby and saw that he was the last to arrive. He didn't care. What little preparation that could be done is the most important thing in the world right now. "Well," he put on his sunglasses, "Are we going or what?"
S.M.O.G.

Postby sarahleinaar » Sun May 19, 2013 5:40 am

Sarah looked at the list of people who were going. "Nope we are waiting for one more. Grant Alan," she said.
sarahleinaar

Postby syphon » Sun May 19, 2013 10:34 am

this is my last morning here. he thought as he woke up and stretched. As he put on all his clothing and strapped on his knee and elbow pads, he then checked the table. He had everything already on the the table that he was going to bring. His trusted AN-94 was vital for him to bring as well as the maximum amount of ammo he could carry, and of course his knife with and unique large blade. He holstered his gun to his back, and his knife to his chest strap. He then grabbed his medical needs, and also any equipment he could take along with some food and water. He left his room somewhat anxious and worried but what else could other than offer support, it was the right thing of course. Quickly he went downstairs to find the other waiting. "Sorry, hope you all didnt wait too long".

syphon

Postby Wolfsong » Sun May 19, 2013 11:10 am

- Leon Morgandy -

"Nah, not too long," Leon drawled in a bored manner. He was actually feeling quite tense, but refused to let anyone so much as guess that. He shrugged off the wall, his hand now resting on the gate. He considered just opening it, but remembered the old history books almost always had their leader give his team a rousing send-off before they actually went. Stupid but...what the heck. "Before we go, just to make sure we're all clear here, you know what we're gathered here for, correct? If you don't, then get the heck back to your place and cower for a while. We're here to find the Lilay, which means we're going out there, beyond these so-far safe walls." He grinned, and the early morning light cast almost eerie shadows on his face. "That's right, we're going beyond the gate. We're entering places that aren't safe, where monsters and such things live and roam on a daily basis! Out there, you're just another hunk of meat for some critter to chew on and spit out. Out there, unless we stick together and work like a pro team, we're all just dead meat. SO keep that in mind, even if you absolutely hate your neighbor, for if we do not hang together, we shall most assuredly hang separately. Get it?" he glanced around at their faces, then began to feel how incredibly stupid this was. Okay, that would have to satisfy history. He whirled around and, in one fluid motion, undid the locks and flung the gate open. It clanged rather loudly, its joints creaking. He just smiled.
"This is it folks," he said simply. "If you forgot to say goodbye to those you loved, tough luck. Last person out locks the gate again."

- Jessica Gradys -

Softly, she exited, glancing about to make sure the area was clear. Then, softly, she took a place beside the gate, ready to close it once everyone was out. She didn't mind, it would actually just get them going faster. She preferred being in the back anyway.

OOC- was that speech really stupid?
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:31 am

Yaru raised an eyebrow upon the conclusion of Leon's speech. For goodness sake, was that speech supposed to bring them together as a team or scare them into submission? Well, he supposed it didn't really matter. He stood up, looking into the faces of all the people gathered, his teammates, his comrades. They weren't all likely to return, if even any of them did, and that was a thought that Yaru had personally come to terms with and accepted.
So, as he looked outside the gate, where The Craze and whatever else may be after their blood roamed, he didn't feel that nagging fear that most humans should have in their hearts when faced with near-certain death. He felt a calmness that he hadn't had since before the outbreak. With one hand on his sword, Yaru walked through the gate, past the safe confines of the wall, and into the murderous, rabid world that was looking to destroy them.
Oddood198

Postby sarahleinaar » Sun May 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Mary looked at Mary and raised her eyebrows. "Okayy then. Off we go," Sarah said. They both steeped out of the gate and starting walking.

OOC: I was thinking we could travel for a bit, set up camp and at night maybe some Craze could attack us? And the sprang was awesome! Haha :D
sarahleinaar

Postby S.M.O.G. » Sun May 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Yoshiki seemed to be the only one who like the speech. It was theatrical, it reminded him of his movies. Especially because I think he stole a couple of my lines.

He was surprised when he noticed how many others had swords. Not many use for them anymore, outside the movies. The guy beside him kept his hand on the hilt of his, and from the way he held it, it at least looked like he knew what he was doing. And he had a scar, which meant somehow he managed to keep from getting cut to pieces. "Yaru, right?" Yoshiki gestured toward Yaru's sword, "You any good with that?"
S.M.O.G.

Postby Oddood198 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:09 pm

Yaru looked at the man who had talked to him, this person was slightly taller than him, an inch or so, and had the build of a strong fighter. Yaru knew who this man was, everyone in the martial arts world did, Yoshiki Kitsune, who most acknowledged as the Jackie Chan of his day. Yaru never liked Jackie Chan. He wasn't overly fond of Yoshiki, either.
He noted that, on Yoshiki's back, was the most elaborate, over-the-top, impractical object labelled a weapon that Yaru had ever clapped eyes on. Was Yaru supposed to believe that Yoshiki -or any human, for that matter- would actually be brain-dead enough to use that thing in an actual fight? He recalled seeing something similar in a movie, once, and unless this movie star was hiding a gravity nullification device and forty gallons of coffee, it wasn't going to go remotely like it did there.

Now, this modern day Jackie Chan was asking if Yaru was any good with his sword. Yaru looked away, not wanting to look away from the area ahead of them too long. He answered flatly and curtly. "I've won thirty one local tournaments, fourteen regional, five national, and two international." He figured that would be enough of an answer, and didn't seek to push the conversation any further.

OOC: I just realized, I completely skipped the short bio part of Yaru's CS. Sorry! I'll get to work on it right away!

EDIT: Added the short bio. It's pretty bad, but I was trying to hurry.
Oddood198

Postby sarahleinaar » Sun May 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Mary was walking behind Yaru and the martial arts guy when she overheard what Yaru said. She ran up to them.
"Wow. That's amazing," she told Yaru. "I've only learned the basics from Sarah but I can stay alive so that's good enough for me," she said with a smile. "I'm Mary by the way," she told both of them.

OOC: Haha it's fine! Thanks for adding it :D
sarahleinaar

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 pm

-Leon Morgandy -

As he walked silently along, he listened to the others talk. Dull stuff, from the sound of it. He had no interest whatsoever. They sounded like they were bragging about how many awards they'd bagged for their skills. What a bunch of idiots.
"This ain't no fancy swordplay lesson or showing-off," he muttered. "This is business!" Grimacing at their idioticy, he took one look at the sky, noting the position of the sun, and then resumed watching his surrounding.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:38 pm

OOC: Oh, sorry, Sarah, I never replied to your idea about Yaru and Mary being friends. If you're still good with it, I think that'd be a good idea.

Yaru looked at Mary, who had just introduced herself to him and Yoshiki. "I know who you are, Mary." He told her, his voice in it's usual flat tone. He had known Mary for some time now, and since they were so close in ages, they got along pretty well. Well, as well as Yaru got along with anyone, these days.

He kept his eyes on the distance, surveying it as best he could. He figured that since most of the team would be looking in the immediate area, around corners and such, closer to them, Yaru would look a little way more out, so they could have plenty of advance warning if the Craze showed up. In a city, this wasn't the most effective tactic, but he at least had a clear line of sight down the streets. He couldn't see anything so far, but he knew how likely that was to change and how quickly it could do so.
Oddood198

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying