The Expedition

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: The Expedition

Postby sarahleinaar » Wed May 22, 2013 10:57 pm

OOC: haha it's fine! Yeah I'm still up for them being good friends (: and sorry this is so long guys. I got carried away. Haha :D

~ Mary ~

Mary smiled. "Yeah," she said as they continued walking.
She looked back at Sarah who was walking by Leon. Sarah saw her and gave her a small smile. "Have you ever seen a Craze yet," Mary asked Yuro.

~ Sarah ~

Sarah watched Mary as she talked to the boy, Yuro. He was around her age and she was glad that Mary had a friend. She still remembered the day that she found Mary. It was a while ago, and it was raining out.
Sarah had been on watch that night when she saw movement below by the gate. She went down there and saw Mary curled up by the gate crying. She made sure that she wasn't a Craze and then took her in. Mary reminded Sarah of her own sister who took the "medicine" and became a craze. Since she wasn't able to protect her own sister, Sarah secretly vowed to keep Mary completely safe. Unfortunately Mary insisted on coming with her on the Expedition and she finally agreed. So that's where they were now. Mary and Sarah. Along with everyone else on the trip. Just then thunder roared from a ways away. Sarah looked at Leon. "We should probably find somewhere to set camp," she said.
Love The Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul,
with all your mind, and with all your strength
sarahleinaar

Postby Oddood198 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:18 am

On hearing Mary's question, Yaru stopped walking. He seemed to have remembered something unpleasant, his eyes became distant for a moment, and he almost visibly swayed in place. He got over it in a second, though, he shut his eyes tightly for a moment, then resumed walking, tightly gripping the handle of his sword with his off hand. "Yes. Yes I have." He said in a small voice, sounding almost like a lost child.
When he heard the distant thunder rumbling, Yaru looked up and saw storm clouds moving toward them. Wouldn't you just know it, today of all days. He thought. So far, this wasn't looking to be too promising of an outing.
Oddood198

Postby sarahleinaar » Thu May 23, 2013 7:43 am

Mary looked at Yaru. "I'm sorry. That was probually to personal. I have to," she said quietly. She heard the thunder and cast a look at Sarah who had said something to Leon. "We are probually going to find some shelter," she said.
sarahleinaar

Postby Wolfsong » Sat May 25, 2013 5:51 pm

- Leon Morgandy -
He glanced around at the darkening sky, and grimaced. "Jeez, you gotta be kidding. Alright. As we all hopefully know, a tree is not the best idea for shelter. A cave may house a Craze, or something similar, but we may have to settle for one. Lets look around."

- Jessica Gradys -

Feeling unusually self-conscious, Jessica refrained from talking with the others, focusing instead on the ground ahead. When she heard what Leon and the others said, she decided it was time to speak up. "I know of a place," she said quietly. "Its a cave a little ways north of here. I used to spend time there, a long time ago...I'll lead if you like."

OOC- sorry for a cave or anything, but I seriously have no clue where in the world we are right now. Am I doing alright?
Wolfsong

Postby sarahleinaar » Sun May 26, 2013 12:27 am

OOC: That's perfect! Since its night time and about to storm I was thinking that the Craze could come in seeking shelter and then find us. Our first Craze fight. :D

Sarah looked at Jessica and nodded. "I think that's our best shot. Lead on Jess," she said. She gave Mary a look which Mary smiled and nodded. They were going to find shelter and be safe for the night. Hopefully...
sarahleinaar

Postby Wolfsong » Sun May 26, 2013 11:14 am

OOC- okay thanks.

- Jessica Gradys -

Softly, she took the lead, bringing them towards the cave. It was about a five minute walk from here, and she spent the time thinking. Thinking about before. Memories...
"They're saying this discovery will revolutionize medicene!" her mother said excitedly. "And we've been picked to be some of the first to test it! Isn't this wonderful?"
Jessica, only 10 at the time, had her doubts. Her childish mind was fairly attuned to the stranger things, and something told her this was wrong. "But mom, what if it doesn't work?" she asked quietly. "What if, somehow, something they didn't forsee happens?"
"They've done everything they can to make sure its safe, sweetheart," her mother said soothingly. "Its perfectly fine."
Jessica shook her head. "Mother...I would prefer to wait and see what happens before I take it, if that's okay."

and it had been. Jessica had watched her mother and father slowly turn from her loving family into horrific monsters that tried to kill her. She thought a moment, then reopened herself to the memory.
Screaming at them, Jessica stumbled back, trying to get away. Unerringly they came toward her, strange grunts and snarls coming from their misshapen mouths. "Mom! Dad!" she screamed again. One reached for her, and she slapped it away, retreating into the garage. She locked the door and ran for the main door, only to find it was locked. Whimpering in fear, she looked around for a possible weapon, something to protect herself with. However, they managed to break through the door fairly quickly, forcing her to grab the first thing that came to her hand: the heavy metal shovel. Without hesitation, she swung at the creatures, shrieking.
She wiped a tear that threatened to fall. This was why she was here. This was why she had to find that Lilay at all costs, so that other children wouldn't have to go through the same thing she did. To have to kill your own parents...no child should have to do that. "I'll see this through, for them," she told herself. The cave was in sight now. Without further ado, she led them into it and crept into her little corner to be alone.

- Leon Morgandy -
"Seems a nice place. Good work Jessica," he complimented. She didn't reply, merely curled up and ignored them. He shrugged then said, "We'll need everyone to take shifts and keep watch while the others' rest. No point getting caught off guard. I'll take first watch, unless someone wants to contest that?" Without waiting for a reply, he whistled to Roland and settled by the end of the cave, watching.

OOC- I hope you didn't mind Jessica remenicing, Sarah. I just wanted to spend some time on her character, explain a little more about her.
Wolfsong

Postby sarahleinaar » Mon May 27, 2013 11:09 am

Wow. That was amazing. My heart is like pounding right now. Poor Jessica! Sooooo, yeah crazy thing with Mary here. I'm thinking about having it so that the cure actually worked for her because she had a different blood type or something. I'm not sure. Haha I'll think of something :D

Sarah walked into the cave and nodded. Seemed like. Pretty suficant place. She walked over to Leon. "Hey, I'll take second shift okay," she said. Then she walked over to Mary and Yaru. Hey sports. Lets get some sleep okay. Long day tomorrow," she told them. She walked to the other side of the cave and took out her sleeping bag. She crawled into it and fell Ito a deep sleep.

Mary looked at Yaru. "I guess we better get to bed. Night Yaru," she said. She walked over to Sarah and crawled into the sleeping bag. That's how they always were. Mary and Sarah. They did everything together. Mary still remembered the day Sarah found her. She hasn't told anyone what had happened and she was scared to death what they would do if they found out. It was a few days before Sarah found her. Mary and her family were all going to take the medicine. They went to the hospital and they all got injected. The next day her family started turning into the Craze. Mary freaked out and ran far away. Another day passed and nothing happened. Mary has been worried ever since. Is she just having a late reaction? Is she immune to the medicine? Or, something she only thought once... Did the cure actually work for her?
sarahleinaar

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:58 pm

Yaru didn't respond to the wishes of 'good night', instead he simply stalked off quietly to an unoccupied area of the cave. "I'll get third watch." He said, before sliding the sword out of his belt and sitting cross-legged on the cave floor. He leaned his back against the wall, with his katana held by his knee, and arm that was draped over it. He closed his eyes and opened up his other senses, listening closely to every sound, identifying each one and estimating the location it came from. Whenever he heard something he couldn't pinpoint either the source or location of, he would open his eyes and look around, making sure it wasn't one of the Craze.
It took him a while, but eventually Yaru began to doze off, his consciousness slowly shutting down while his subconscious took over, producing dreams to distract him from the harsh world around him.
Oddood198

Postby sarahleinaar » Fri May 31, 2013 8:31 pm

Where is everyone? Haha :D
sarahleinaar

Postby syphon » Fri May 31, 2013 8:58 pm

OCC-sorry, ive been gone a while and have put it off.

Grant alan never really liked caves too well, but what could be a better place to hide at times like these. He observed the cave and found a place to nap for the night. "Goodnight everyone" he said as he didnt want to be rude to the others. With his gun right beside him he fell asleep.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:23 pm

OOC- okay, following the plan, lets have some fun!

- Leon Morgandy -
The rain was pouring heavier than it had been earlier. Leon wasn't sure yet if that was good or bad. He decided it was bad however, when he started hearing snarls and growls coming toward them.
"I think we've got company," he reported. Roland growled by his knee. He also grinned mirthlessly. "Looks like they've come by, at last," he murmured.
Wolfsong

Postby syphon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Hearing the noises, Grant alan got up to see leon and roland preparing for something. He quickly got his weapon and himself prepared. "Well this saves us the trouble of finding them" said alan loading up his gun with a smirk.
Last edited by syphon on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Oddood198 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:30 pm

Yaru was awake before the warning issued out. Even in his sleep, he had heard the sounds of the Craze coming, and his dreams had dissolved as his eyes reflexively opened, adrenaline driving every trace of tiredness from his body. He was used to waking up in a hurry these days, it seemed.
He stood up, not leisurely, but not in a rush, either. No point in rushing, rushing people messes things up. He put his sword back into his belt, checking to be sure his handgun was still securely strapped to his leg, he took an extra clip out of his bag and dropped it into his pocket. Then, leaving his bag, he walked to the mouth of the cave. He looked out into the pouring rain, and noticed half-seen figures moving through the obscuring veil, "There seem to be a lot of them." He said, his voice calm and cool. His hands moved to his sword, his right hand grasping the hilt while his left held the lip of the scabbard, he took a step back and waited for the Craze to enter the cave.
He trusted his companions were ready, he noticed a few preparing weapons, and even if the rest were still asleep they would soon be woken by the sounds of battle. Honestly, Yaru wasn't too concerned about it. He would go toe-to-toe with the Craze, regardless of who was there to help, and he would fight his hardest, and whoever helped would help, and whoever cowered in fear wouldn't. Simple as that.
Oddood198

Postby sarahleinaar » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Sarah heard the commotion and jumped up. She shook Mary awake.
"What? What's going on," Mary asked.
"The Craze," Sarah replied. Mary got a stern look on her face and nodded.
"Plan," she asked. Sarah threw her a gun.
"Stay alive," she replied. They walked up to the others and waited.
sarahleinaar

Postby S.M.O.G. » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:07 am

OOC: Sorry for not posting, I've been without much internet access for the past few weeks.

IC: Yoshiki awoke, grabbed his sword, and quickly jumped down from the small ledge he had been sleeping on. He strapped the sword onto his back as he approached the rest. He stood with them, watched the approaching craze.

Unlike them, he wasn't scared. He'd been tired of being locked up in that hotel, even if it was the only safe place on the planet. Instead, his gaze upon the enemy was one of excitement. "Well," he unsheathed his sword, "It's about time we got some action."
S.M.O.G.

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:22 am

Yaru looked sideways out the corner of his eye at Yoshiki, his dislike for the man had just increased. 'About time we got some action' he says, Yaru thought, moving his eyes back forward, waiting for their enemy to come to them, does he even realize that these are the very people we're working to find a cure for? Has it even occurred to him that each of these is an actual person, and killing them is the same?
Yaru shook his head, now wasn't the time for such thoughts, for the immediate moment he should be more concerned about watching the advancing Craze as well as Yoshiki. With that massive sword in this confined space, Yaru had a feeling he would have to be dodging his allies attacks just as much as the Craze.
He took a deep breath, relaxing his muscles, preparing his mind. Killing the Craze may be the same as killing humans, but if they didn't, then no one could be saved, so it came down to being a matter of necessity. They were getting closer now, here came the moment that would decide their life or death.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:56 pm

OOC- sorry for taking so long to post, Sarah. With all I've had on my mind, I completely forgot this thing. Sorry, I'll try to be more active.

- Jessica Gradys -
Her eyes widened when she heard the wrods people were saying. The Craze were here...slowly, gracefully, she rose to a stand, drawing her pistols. "Lets do it," she said grimly.

- Leon Morgandy -
He considered their position, and planned accordingly. He only hoped it was right. "Yaru and Yoshiki, you guys take forefront. I heard you two bragging earlier, so lets see you live up to it. Jessica, Sarah, and Mary, you'll stand at the back and wait a while before jumping in. I'll take center."
He turned, hearing the snarls. Now...now he saw them. Mishappen shapes that had once been human. Though he had seen them before, it still sent chills running up and down his spine. Roland, standing beside him, snarled.
"Everyone ready?" Leon asked, swallowing heavily.

OOC- hope I didn't leave anybody out...
Wolfsong

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:22 pm

OOC: Is it too late to join? This RP looks really fun!
-------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit.
-------------
"What is it? There's no need to yell in unison!" -L, English Dub
silvanis2.0

Previous

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying