Infinite Powers

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Infinite Powers

Postby Banana Lobster » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:34 pm

OOC: Hey guys, miss me much?

Sage Shade

Hearing voices, Shade pulled herself up over the edge and stood easily on the uneven surface in one smooth movement. She stopped for a moment and watched Valerian and Lydia interact, and noted how Meeka stayed out of it. Stepping over to her, she nodded in greeting, and turned back to Lydia and Valerian.

"So, it looks like you two already know each other. Good. One less thing I have to worry about."
Banana Lobster

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:39 pm

~Arystar~

Arystar chuckled "It beats me. Cyrano must have a good enough reason, right?" he scratched his head "Although, it is a bit strange." his eyebrows furrowed, he looked perplexed. He glanced at Silk and grinned "I guess we'll find out."

~Meeka~

Meeka quietly listened to the two, wondering how they had met. She noticed Shade walking towards the group, she nodded politely back with a smile.

OOC: Thanks so much, Wolfie! :D *Glomp*
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:09 pm

OOC- missed you loads, BL.

/Carter/Valerian/
He smiled, relieved, then said, "Well, let me give you something for not killing me. I need to get it off my person anyway." He began rummaging around in his pack. "This thing's a hazard to my health...here it is!" He took out a folded piece of paper and handed it to Lydia. "The single map of the Dragon Diamond," he whispered quietly. "It might be a fake, but...hey, worth a shot." He winked at her, then turned to Sage. "So why are we up here, anyway?" he asked.

/Silk/
He shrugged. "Yeah, should be interesting..." He shrugged. "Wanna help me find something to eat while we wait for him to show up?"
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Saify narrowed her eyes slightly as Ashimataya finished his answer. She noted the look on his face, almost challenging her to ask. It certainly seemed he knew more about their prey than he was letting on, but Saify supposed it didn't matter too much, and he was entitled to his secrets.
"So, Siccilan, then." She said, "No point in mucking about and dragging our feet, eh? Shall we be off?"

Lydia took the paper and looked at it carefully, not daring to unfold it yet around others. When Valerian told her what it was, or what he believed it to be, her eyes widened as she stared at it.
"Th...I...Eh...Fiz...Ba...Geh..." She stammered out a few random sounding noises, trying to say something comprehensible as two sides of her minds clashed with each other. The one side told her to open the map and teleport out of there to start searching for the Diamond, the other told her she could wait a few hours and go on some other adventure with the assembled party for a while. Finally, she sighed and stuffed the paper into her inventory, then turned to Sage, waiting for her to answer Valerian's question.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:32 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji smirked when Noriko described the creature that they were apparently about to duke it out with.
"Well, this should be fun!" He said, leaning to the side as a knife whizzed past, trimming the edges off of a lock of his black hair.
However, he wasn't exactly expecting the psuedo-earthquake, and he stumbled on his feet as the ground began to shake. He quickly regained his balance, however, deftly pulling out his daggers as they ran.
"I don't think we can run our way out of this one, old buddy," he commented to Regal.

/Eric/Zare/
Zare listened silently to Ash and Saify's exchange, picking up on the subtle tones and emotions. He didn't say a word as they spoke, but quietly looked on.
When Saify made the suggestion that they get moving, Zare looked at the clock on his status bar. His eyes widened when he realized what time it was. He grumbled something under his breath, then turned back to the other two.
"I really need to be somewhere right now," he addressed Ash, ignoring Saify. "Can I rendezvous with you guys somewhere? It shouldn't be more than a couple hours."
Zare hated leaving Ash in the company of this girl they knew nothing about, but he was already in a ton of trouble. He really had to get going...
Hopefully Ash could take care of himself till Zare got back.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Banana Lobster » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:50 pm

OOC: Thanks Wolf. :)

Sage Shade

"Because this is where I asked Lydia to meet up with me." Shade scowled. This was going to be unpleasant. Looking out over the ocean, she watched the waves, letting the soothing motion calm her irritation. Taking a deep breath, she turned back to the other three.

"Okay, when I helped that last boat into harbor, one of the monsters that attacked said something that bothered me. He mentioned someone called 'Master', and how he was coming to take over. Normally the monsters call players 'master' to keep themselves from being killed. Normally, when the monsters attack, they're disorganized, disoriented, and easily taken care of. These monsters were different. And this isn't the first time I've been seeing something like this. I think there might actually be someone coming to take over."

Shade took another deep breath. "And I think it's a hacker, because I don't know about you guys, but I can't log out."
Banana Lobster

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:49 pm

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
He nodded at saify's statement, but before he could reply, Zare suddenly announced he needed to log out. It occurred to him that he'd probably been in longer than he should have been, and for a second he almost chose to log out. But the thought of finding his brother was just too tempting. Reality would have to wait, he needed to get to Pierce.
But Zare, he needed to deal with that problem.
"In a couple hours> Well, I need to turn in my...earlier quest. I found enough I think it would qualify. Heck, think I found more than enough. We'll meet in Central then." He noticed something in Zare's eyes then, was that concern? A tiny smile formed on his face. He had completely forgotten what it was like having a real friend, someone who actually cared. He reached out and placed a hand on Zare's shoulder. "Take care of yourself," he said seriously. "And don't worry, I'll be careful too." His smile turned a little grim; they both knew he didn't mean about Pierce.
He backed away slightly, watching as Zare logged out, then sighed inwardly and turned to face Saify. "Lets get going," he agreed. "Allow me." He reached into his pack and pulled out a teleportation item. "Fair warning, we're in for a bit of a walk."
--
Approximately five minutes later found them trudging through the deep snow towards the spot Ashimatya remembered Pierce preferring.
"Its a spot located deep within this place, as for from...well, settled civilization as he could manage." He paused slightly, thinking. "Good turf though, its relatively flat with little snow between you and the ground. Unless of course it snows. " He glanced up at the sky, noting the clouds rolling in. "And I think we're in for some weather."

/Pierce/Arachni/
Towering above the two figures was one of Siccilian's grand peaks, one of many rugged mountains and hills that discouraged visitors. Standing on a ledge was Arachni, arms crossed, as he watched the two ant-sized people come determinedly toward the mountains. His mouth made a taut, thin line, and his eyes were narrowed thoughtfully.
Issa came up behind him, an orb with a black, inky mist swirling inside it in his hand. He noticed Arachni's expression and looked to where he looked. "What is it?" he asked.
"We appear to have visiters," Arachni replied quietly.
Issa shook his head. "My eyes aren't as good as yours, Arachni, I'm only human after all. Who is it?"
"Its Saify and Ashimatya."
Issa's eyes widened. "Oh. That could be a problem, couldn't it?"
"Well, we could just hole up in Serrisol and wait them out, or..." The thin line turned into a smile. "Perhaps we should welcome them."
Issa stared at him a long minute, then very seriously said, "Don't do anything you'll regret, Pierce."
Arachni blinked, then gave him an odd look. "I won't, Issalidor." He returned to studying the two, who had reached the mountain now. "Tell Ke'tala and Nebris to armor up, just in case. If it comes to a fight, I want it short and sharp."
"Do you intend to kill them?"
He shook his head. "Not really. They could be useful against Maximius, if played right."
"You're already trying to play Cyrano." Issa reminded him worriedly. "Are you sure you aren't overdoing it?"
"Overdoing it?" Arachni started to laugh. "Good Issa, I wouldn't feel right if I wasn't working on something. And until Maximius makes his next move, or our informant meets with Cyrano, I have nothing really to do." He flexed his fingers, grinning. "I intend to play with them now."
Issa stared at him a moment, then shook his head and chuckled. "Alright, Mr. Creepy evil super-villain, go play. here, some new toys for you." He held out the orb and a second chain, a solid mate to the other chain now snugly coiled around Arachni's arm. "The orb is the solid form of the upgrades to your powers. You'll have to swallow it though." He grinned slightly. "Nebris' design. Sorry."
Arachni took the second chain and looped it around his other arm. Then he took the orb, which was about as big as the palm of his hand. "A little big, don't you think?" he murmured. "So like Nebris...but I have no intention of playing his game." He placed the orb against his chest, focusing, then began to push,. It went directly through the skin, releasing thin tendrils of shadow as it did. Arachni smiled as he felt the power surge through him.
"'Fraid its just shadows. Couldn't hold anymore then that," Issa said. "I'm currently working on other...gems...but the computer won't do more than one at a time, so it'll be a while."
"That's alirght," Arachni said. "This should serve now. Go prepare for our guests." As Issa left, Arachni watched a little longer, then chuckled. "Watch your step, Ashimatya!" he shouted down, watching as his brother was using shadows to hop ledges. "That one ledge is a little loose. Don't start something we'll all regret." As he turned away, he heard a startled shout. Chuckling, he continued on his way.

/Carter/Valerian/
"You can't?" he asked, somewhat the skeptic. "Are you really sure about that? You could have missed something, surely. Come on, Shade, the hackers were defeated, and the mods took great pains to make sure that wouldn't happen again. You must be mistaken."
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:42 pm

Arystar

Arystar smiled "Sure." he got up and looked at Silk "Where should we look first?" he asked, glancing around.

Meeka

Meeka looked up "Well... It wouldn't be.. Impossible, would it?" she began shyly, surprising herself that she would even say anything "The mods are good, but there can be breaches, it's just a matter of determination." she looked back down, feeling quite embarrassed.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Saify had pulled a dark orange cloak from her inventory and put it on herself to ward off the snow and cold. She crossed her arms, hunched over a bit, and walked in Ashimitaya's footsteps. She never had really enjoyed the cold very much.
She couldn't help but grin as her companion described the place they were headed, Far from settled civilization... That seems to suit Pierce. She thought, then looked up at his comment about the weather. True, she did see dark clouds gathering in the sky up above them, and strething out for a long distance. She sighed, "Yep, I don't know about you, but that is just my luck." She said.

Lydia followed the conversation back and forth, and Sage explaining what they were called here, and that she couldn't log out, and then it seemed to be heading to a debate about whether or not they could log out. "Well, how about we just try to log out and see if it works?" She asked, "That seems like the most straightforward way of settling things."

OOC: I don't even know if this is supposed to affect the rest of us...
Oddood198

Postby FreddyCast » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Maximius

(Maximius’s armies stay outside the city of Light, while Maximius and Nathaniel, accompanied by a few elite warrior knights, enter the city riding on their steeds. A path has already been laid out infront of them by the Tieran guards of the city, but restless rumblings are rising from the Tieran players looking on at Maximius’s company)
Tieran citizen #1: What are our enemies doing in our city.
Tieran citizen #2: Look, it’s Councilor Maximus and Councilor Nathanial. Why have the IFF councilors visited us?
Tieran citizen #3: Those are the same councilors that declared war on us.
Tieran citizen #4: IFF DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN OUR CITY. GO BACK TO YOUR HAVEN WHERE ALL PEACE-LOVING COWARDS BELONG. (As more crowds gather, the people start to form riots, attempting to get at Maximius’s company, but are held back by the Tieran guards. Nathanial looks around feeling uneasy by the hostile atmosphere around him)
Nathanial: This seems very unwise, Maximius. We shouldn’t have come here.
Maximius: We have already come this far. Do not let the ignorant masses sway you from fulfilling our goal. But, if you are truly moved by fear, then leave, I will not hold it against you. You were never obligated to follow me.
Nathanial: How can you be so calm and determined, even in the face of such hostility, if the crowd gets past the guards, I doubt even we would be able to stop them.
Maximius: You forget who I am, Nathanial. But let them rage. It is only natural that they hate us. And in their blind hate, it is only natural that they will either fear me or feel my indignation.
Nathanial: Do you really expect that they will surrender so easily?
Maximius: No, Nathanial, I expect for them to perish like the plague that they are.
Nathanial: Your hatred for the Tieran people must truly be great. There must be a reason.
Maximius: I do not hate them. They do not deserve such attention from me. Their purpose is to be eliminated in order that my plans can proceed, their submission comes afterwards. That’s if there is any left to submit before my iron rule. (Nathanial is disturbed and perplexed by Maximius’ cold attitude towards the Tierans)
Nathanial: Just what is it that you want? To rule as a tyrant or achieve peace.
Maximius: Sometimes tyrants are needed.
Nathanial: Why? Surely it can’t be because they accomplish their goals?
Maximius: No....(He turns to look at Nathanial with an almost cold hearted expression)...It’s because the consequences do not matter to tyrants.
Nathanial: I don’t understand. How so?
Maximius: If all of Infinite must burn in order to bring about peace, then so be it.
Nathanial: You are truly a heartless monster. I made a mistake in following you. (Maximius turns to face forward again, not caring about Nathanial’s insult)
Maximius: Like I said before, do you truly know what I seek?
Nathanial: I WANT PEACE, BUT NOT....(Nathanial realizes he’s shouting and doesn’t want to rile up the hostile crowd anymore then they are)....but not if it means that all of Infinite must be annihilation.
Maximius: I’m not one who wants to see the world burn.
Nathanial: And yet that’s exactly what you plan to do.
Maximius: No, it’s not, but if I must, I will. Pray that it doesn’t come to that.
Nathanial: After this meeting is over, you and I are done.
Maximius: Do what you must, I understand how you feel. I’ll hold no malice towards you if you choose to leave.
Nathanial: I don’t understand you.
Maximius: You will soon. For now, follow me as far as you are willing.
(Maximus’ Company arrive at the Tieran President’s golden mansion headquarters and are guided by the keeper of the mansion. As they enter the mansion it becomes dark with very little light to show the way to the President’s room.)
Nathanial: What is up with this place? I can barely see what’s in front of me. (Maximius and Nathial enter the President’s room, which is just as dark as the hallway outside)
Keeper: Mr. President, Councilors Maximius and Nathanial are finally here. (The President is sitting in his chair facing out the window with the blinders barely open)
President: Thank you, you may leave now. (The Keeper bows and leaves.)
Maximius: President Lucius, it’s time that Tiera be divided. (The President turns his chair to face Maximius and Nathanial)

link

Lucius: You’re pushing your plans too quickly, Maximius. That’s so not like me. (He turns his attention to Nathanial) I’m surprised Nathanial is with you.
Nathanial: Mr. President...
Lucius: Please, enough with the titles, call me Lucius.
Nathanial: Lucius...what do you mean “that’s so not like me”? Who are you?
Lucius: Funny, did you not tell him, Maximius?
Nathanial: He was vague about it.
Lucius: I guess that part is like me. (He smiles slightly) I am the man that is standing right next to you, but I’m myself.
Nathanial: What, there can’t be two Maximius.
Lucius: You misunderstood. I am him, but I’m not Maximius.
Nathanial: So what, a clone, a shadow, an illusion.
Lucius: No, I am a copy of the man known as Hadrian Solis. Though I am programmed with his thoughts, beliefs, and mannerisms, I have a will of my own, to carry out my own thought processes and act according to my will within the parameters of my programming.
Nathanial: An artificial intelligence.
Maximius: My 2nd greatest achievement. Truly one of the most realistic NPCs in Infinite.
Nathanial: This can’t be. No player has the ability to add a new program to Infinite.
Maximius: I do. There’s much about me you don’t know and much about me that I myself am trying to regain. But, enough about that. Lucius, you and I must proclaim to the City of our new alliance.
Lucius: By doing this so soon, Phosphoron might not survive the coming riots. This city will burn and be no more.
Maximius: Then let it, we must carry on with our plans.
Lucius: What has changed, Maximius, that you are willing to put my city at risk like this?
Maximius: Unwanted guests are coming.
Lucius: Pierce and his ilk?
Maximus: No, though I suspect that they will try to thwart me very soon.
Lucius: Now, that is so not like me. I know every enemy you know, Maximius. To be forced to act so quickly by someone I do not know. What is it you are hiding from me, Maximius? (Maximius scrunches his eyebrows in anger)
Maximius: Are you disobeying me, Lucius. (Lucius smiles at Maximius’ frustration)

link

Lucius: Not at all! Though if I did, you would never know. I am you after all. But to hide things even from yourself...well, a copy of yourself...seems out of character.
Nathanial: I’m sensing tension here.
Lucius: Do not worry, Nathanial, at least not from me. Maximius will get what he wants.
(Lucius calls in a crew to broadcast a message to all of Tiera. Maximius and Nathanial stand behind Lucius as he prepares to give his speech)
Lucius: My fellow Tierans, I have come to bring good news in these dire times. The war with IFF and Nescala will be at an end soon enough. Councilors Maximius and Nathanial have dissolved the treacherous IFF council and are no more. These two gentlemen have come to me with a generous proposal, they have decided to join the IFF territories with our own in a bid to bring peace between our nations. I have accepted their gracious offering. Soon we will bring an end to the fighting and harmony will prosper in Infinite once more.
(As Lucius goes on with his speech, Maximius communicates to Nathanial telepathically)
Maximius: Nathanial!
Nathanial: Maximius, is that you?
Maximius: Do not speak, stay silent.
Nathanial: Why?
Maximius: I suspect Lucius will betray us.
Nathanial: What? This was your plan to do this. Now you think that Lucius, who is programmed from you, is gonna stab us in the back. Must I watch my back from you as well?
Maximius: There are things about me I did not program in him. And now because of this, there might be a chance of his betrayal.
Nathanial: What did you hide from him that would make him want to do that?
Maximius: That’s none of your concern. Whether he betrays us or not will not stop my plans. I am merely warning you of the danger.
Nathanial: I knew I shouldn’t have joined you. My idealism got the better of me.
(Lucius ends his address to Tiera and is once again alone with Maximius and Lucius)
Lucius: I’m getting reports that riots are breaking out in the city.
Nathanial: Some Teirans must really hate this alliance.
Lucius: Yes, and this is where our cooperation ends.
Nathanial: Huh? (Suddenly bars of light fall upon Maximius and Nathanial, imprisoning them)
Nathanial: What’s the meaning of this?
Lucius: Your plans are inefficient and reckless Maximius. I cannot allow this to continue. I will take over from here and finish your goal for you.
Nathanial: Why Lucius? Why do this to your own creator?
Lucius: My creator....is flawed, imperfect, and inferior. He, like everyone else in Infinite, is a mistake that must be eradicated. But I can’t destroy my creator. Instead, I have imprisoned you, Maximius, in a cage which not even you can get out of. However, I will create the perfect world which you so desire, and replace all flawed players, with a perfect, better version of themselves.
Nathanial: What, you’re gonna replace the players with AI copies of them. You can’t force players out of Infinite.
Lucius: Did Maximius not tell you this either. If you die in Infinite, you die in real life.
Nathanial: What? That’s impossible, when did this happen?
Lucius: No longer will there be flaws, no longer will there be imperfection, no longer will there be organic weakness. There will just be a perfect world with a perfect God to watch over it. (Lucius smiles evily)

link

Nathanial: Now I know that sounds like Maximius.
Lucius: Enjoy your prison, you’ll never get out. (Lucius leaves the room)
Nathanial: What are you doing Maximius? Why didn’t you say something? Why don’t you get us out of here?
Maximius: You cannot reason with an AI with a God-complex.
Nathanial: But that AI is you, you moron.
Maximius: There is a difference between us humans and AIs.
Nathanial: Yeah, and what’s that?
Maximius: Our origin! When AI’s look at us, they do not know what our purpose is, they do not know who created us. We sometimes say that it’s by accidental chance, or by a higher power. But AIs know their purpose, they know who created them, and they know we humans are flawed and mortal. And so they carry out their programming with utter perfection, and as immortals they have all the time in the world to accomplish it.
Nathanial: That’s interesting and all, but that virus you call Lucius, is planning to kill every player in Infinite. Get us out of here.
Maximius: I can’t, with all the power that I have, I cannot free us. This cage is specifically programmed to my character’s code. Lucius has been planning this for a long time without my knowledge...and yet...
Nathanial: Then what do we do? (Nathanial starts hitting the bars of light with all his might)
Maximius: Patience, we will be free soon.
Nathanial: How can you be so calm and confident in this circumstance? We’re completely trapped.
Maximius: I told you before; my plans are still in effect.
Nathanila: Yeah, by your AI, Lucius.
Maximius: He does not know my plans. All he ever knew was his part in it, and nothing more. Just be patient, something will drop over our head’s soon enough.
Nathanial: What will drop over our heads?
Maximus: Something that will surprise even you.
Nathanial: Are you kidding me? After seeing that AI freak, I don’t think anything else can surprise me now.
Maximius: You will! (He grins defiantly)

To be continued....
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
My Manga Story "The Fallen Rise"
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
ROMAN CATHOLIC MARIOLATRY Series
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:29 pm

OOC- I know you're trying to take all the pleasure out of doing this to Maximius, Freddy, but I want you to know, I'm still going to enjoy this. Why? I'm not going to tell you. :P
Odd, lets just play along. Call yourselves the lucky first.

/Pierce/Arachni/
"Arachni?"
He glanced back, seeing Ke'tala descend, landing gracefully beside him. "Issa says to tell you he just heard the...well, the meeting between Maximius and President Lucius. Garrison turned on the mic, but said he can't return until he's finished his carving."
Arachni chuckled. "That's Garrison. if the world was ending about his ears, he'd keep right on working. What transpired between our esteemed partners?"
Ke'tala handed him a tiny piece that looked like an earphone bug. He held it to his ear and listened to the replay of the meeting. When they spoke of the AI, he froze, eyes widening. "Well well," he murmured. "This explains a lot about our dear friend. Quite a lot indeed." He slowly began to smile.
"There's more," Ke'tala continued. "Garrison, after sending in the record, added a note saying that Lucius imprisoned Maximius and Nathanial, in a way even Maximius can't escape."
"Code programmed, eh? Which means he's probably dying for us to drop a glitching dragon on his head to wreck the code." He laughed, returning the mic to Ke'tala. "Why not? I'll do it as a favor."
"Would it not be better if we left him there?" Ke'Tala asked. "After all, it would be the best way to get him out of the way."
"No, it would spoil the game. Besides, he's had a tragic history. Shouldn't something go right for him, just once?" Arachni smiled sardonically.
"What are you plotting?" Ke'tala asked quietly.
"Lets just say I have faith in his nephews. Tell Nebris he is to take Fafnir there, personally. Once he's there, he is not to leave without Garrison."
"What if Lucius discovers them?"
"I doubt he'll bother. If he's like Maximius, I imagine he;'ll consider me more of an amusement than a threat. Besides, once he realizes the effect Fafnir is going to have on himself, certain friends, and everything else around him, I imagine Lucius will be quite busy." He smiled. "Even an AI with a god-coplex isn't omniscient. However, tell Nebris that if he sees Maximius, he is to give him my regards. If he comes in contact with either Maximius or his AI, he is to grab Garrison and teleport the heck out of there. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to prepare to reunite with a brother and an old friend." and he leapt off the cliff.
"Arachni," Ke'Tala called, but he was gone. She watched a moment, then said quietly, "You're playing a game you can't win...and I think you know it Pierce. what are you doing?"

/Rowan/Caesar/
"Much to my dismay," he said as the ground before them began to break and heave upward. "You appear to be right," he finished as the monstrosity came into view. He shook his head slowly. "I can see the lizard part, but...."
Then it completely broke free, roaring. its muzzle and other facial parts were Tasmanian in shape, but the rest of the body was lizard-like, in shape, scale and color. It also had the build to be darn fast.
"This...doesn't look good," he said. Noriko shrieked, staring at it in open fear. Caesar sighed. "Looks like its just yo and me," he said to Kenji. He drew his rapier, ducking another knife.

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
He did his best to help Saify along, especially when he realized she clearly did not like snow. It was hard for him, though, for this place held a truckload of memories. Pierce had loved this place, and even Ash had come to grow to like it. Now...he almost loathed it for the memories it held.
He struggled with himself. No, he mustn't think that way. Focused, calm, and within reason, that was how he had to stay.
The arrived at the open field, empty and silent. Well, not quite empty. Ash could see a small figure standing further down the field. At this distance, and to an unfamiliar eye, it would appear that Pierce...Arachni was dancing. But Ash not only recognized the moves, but knew Pierce well. The sword became visible as they drew near. Ash strode forward without hesitation. he was fairly confident that Arachni knew they were here, so sneaking was not really an option. He stopped about twenty feet away, crossed his arms, and waited.
Arachni completed a complex series of moves, then stopped, still facing away from them. he sheathed his sword, then turned. When his eyes met theirs, he smiled.

/Pierce/Aracnni/Stephen/Ashimatya/
"You look well, Ashimatya," Arachni said.
"As it goes, Pierce," Ash replied.
Arachni nodded. "I'm Arachni now, Ash, get it memorized. Or would you rather I call you Stephen?"
"I can knock you flat, Arachni, I'm at full capacity now," Ash warned, flexing his hand.
Arachni chuckled. "I don't doubt it." He turned to Saify. "I'm sure my....friend calling me Pierce wasn't a surprise to you." He studied her, then smiled kindly. "You're looking well, Saify. I certainly can't call you a newb anymore," he said honestly. "I'm glad to see the two of you again. its been...what, four years?" he chuckled. "I must say, I've missed you both.

/Carter/Valerian/
He was quiet a moment, then sighed. "I'm sorry," he apologized contritely. "I just...one moment."
He quickly flipped to his menus, skimmed through them till he reached log-out and selected it. Much to his horror, he received an error message and couldn't log out.
"Right," he said finally. "I believe you. So we're going to look for this 'Master' and...well, beat him I guess. Though if he's a hacker, wouldn't we need a mod for that?" he grinned slightly, his humor returning to him. "Still...I've nothing against looking for either. Would any of you mind a suggestion?"
He straightened, arms crossing behind his head, as he mulled over his thought. "There's a lot of ground to cover, land, sea, and sky. We're all rather built for it. I mean, I can fly, Sage here can do wonders with water. Why don't we split up? Lydia and Meeka can work together to study the land, I'll fly out and check the reachable-by-air-only spots and Sage can look into the out-of-the-way sea caves and places. That sound good?"
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Lydia gave a slight look of disbelief when Valerian had trouble logging out, so she went to her own menu and selected the log-out option, only to receive an error message. So, no logging out, then? And back in the real world, we're completely immobilized until we can log out... Hey, isn't this, like, super catastrophic? I mean, this is bad, really bad... She thought.
When Valerian proposed the plan of searching through all the surrounding areas, Lydia nodded. "OK, that sounds good. I can use my pets to cover a wide area pretty quick, so if it's somewhere on the ground, I'll find it for sure." She said.

When they got close to Arachni, Saify straightened up, tossed one side of her cloak over her shoulder, and placed her hands on her hips, adopting a confident posture, as she grinned at Pierce.
She returned Arachni's smile equally friendly and polite, "Yes, your help, brief as it was, was a great help to me in my early days." She said, and decided it best not to mention the absurd amounts of experience she got from killing him. "I'm glad to see you too, Pierce. Or do you prefer Arachni? Whatever. Anyway, I've been looking for you since then, I wanted to tell you something."
She paused, taking in a breath of the frigid mountain air, and looking straight at Arachni, she gave a wide, sincere smile. "Thank you. Really, truly, thank you for what you did back then. Causing the Cataclyst, I mean. If it weren't for that, I never would have met Cyrano, or Silk, or any of the others. I wouldn't have the friends and relationships I do now if it wasn't for for the Cataclyst, and, if that were the case, I would probably still be old self: Hiding from everything, fearing my own inferiority, and blocking everything out with a wall of anxiety." She moved her arms to cross with each other again, trying to hide that the cold was bothering her again. "I sincerely thank you, and I can not express how grateful I am to you. You're causing the Cataclyst was the single most influential thing on my life, and it helped shape me into who I am today." She paused again, letting everything she had just said sink in before adding her last part, which she added with the same heartfelt smile.
"And now, I'm gonna kill you for coming back and trying it again."
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:30 pm

/Pierce/Arachni/Stephen/Ashimatya/
He listened to Saify with an eyebrow raised, his smile slowly fading as she thanked him. When she finished, he stared at her a moment, then started to laugh.
"Oh dear Saify!" he laughed. "I'm glad to hear that. I'd hoped you'd grown out of being a mouse." He shook his head, grinning at her. "Its a big improvement."
"We're not exactly interested in your opinion," Ash said quietly. Arachni transferred his gaze to him.
"Don't you, Ash?" he asked pointedly. "I remember a time when you went out of your way for my opinion. Oh well, times change, I suppose."
"You said you wanted to talk to me, after our fight in the valley," Ashimatya reminded him,. "What is it you wanted to say?"
Arachni glanced at Saify, then shrugged and directly faced Ash. "I suppose, first off, I was curious how you were doing. I'd heard the house burnt down, leaving no survivors."
"I got Mom out alright," Ash replied tersely. Arachni's eyes widened as he took an involuntary step forward.
"Mom's alive?!" he asked. Ash nodded. Arachni breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank heaven...thank you for telling me. I had thought..." He straightened suddenly, once more the proud figure. "Secondly, I was wondering if you'd be willing to help me with something."
"Like what?" Ash asked, arms crossed.
"See, there's another player out there who is...more than an ordinary player, you understand? I was wondering if perhaps you would help me exterminate him."
"Certainly," Ash said, a grim smile on his face. Suddenly, his scythe appeared in his hands. "Right after I attend to the problem you present. You haven't changed Pierce."
"I suppose not." Arachni drew his sword Eris, holding it level with their heads. "Whenever you're ready then."

/Silk/
"I suppose the mess tent." He sighed. "On the other side of camp, of course." He checked his watch. "Cyrano will be along shortly, give or take ten minutes. Maybe we can find some sandwiches or something." He closed his laptop, stood and motioned for Arystar to follow him. "Come on, lets get some grub. Its worth walking across the camp."
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Saify listened now to the exchange between Arachni and Ashimitaya, and from that, she inferred the answer to the question she had had about their history. So, they're brothers, are they? That does answer a few things, I suppose. She thought.
She glanced over as Ashimitaya's scythe materialized in his hands out of thin air, and then back to Archni as he drew his sword."Well, right on to the point now, are we?" She said, holding her empty hand out in front of her. The air shimmered and a spear appeared there, slightly more than a foot longer than her. The air around her also shifted and changed, and light metal armor and an open-faced helmet appeared on her as well. She spun the spear around her, passing it from hand to hand, bringing it to rest with the point aimed at Arachni. She glanced at Ashimitaya, "You ready?" She asked.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:58 am

Ash nodded to answer her question and without further pause shot at Arachni, his scythe swinging toward Arachni's head. Arachni stepped into him, palm open, releasing a charge of energy from the chain into Ash. Ashimatya brought his hand down just in time, blocking from receiving any damage, but it did send him flying back. He leapt in again, swinging the scythe as he dove around. Arachni blocked his attack and turned to face Saify's strike.
Wolfsong

Postby Banana Lobster » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Sage Shade

"Yeah, but in case you haven't noticed, the mods have kind of vanished. We can start by beating the crap out of him, and then work out a way to contact the mods so they can mop up." Shade bit her lip, thinking her next words through carefully. "I have no problem with splitting up, but how are we supposed to contact each other if we find anything? If this creep finds out what we're up to, he'll hack the communications." Shade scowled, "this is why I hate working with others, there's too many variables."
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:13 pm

Saify had made a dash at the same time as Ashimitaya, but instead of going straight at Arachni, she opted to circle around and flank him. She was only a couple feet away when Arachni turned to face her, and she thrust her spear forward, aiming for his chest. She had a grim smile on her face, as if she was trying to kill Arachni while keeping her friendly politeness.

"Well, really though, if he's such a great hacker, couldn't he be listening in, or even watching us, right now?" Lydia asked. "The thing about hackers, is they just break the game. Right now, this guy could be anywhere, even right in front of us, and we'd never know, because he can just hack himself invisible or something. And really, what's the basis for believing we can even win? If he's hacked the system, then he has power way beyond any of us. That's just how it works." She shrugged her shoulder and shook her head, "But, still, it's not like we can do nothing, so we just have to do the best we can, and react to the situation as it changes."
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:35 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji ducked another knife. Man, these things were getting annoying. Then he had an idea.
"Hey, Regal, I'm gonna try something," he said, unphased by the giant...thing that had erupted from the ground. "Keep it busy and make sure I don't get eaten, will you? I need to concentrate."
Then Kenji looked in the direction the knives were coming from. He put out his hand, concentrating all of his powers into one thought. Stop. It worked with his own knives, right? So why shouldn't he be able to control other things. For all he knew, it wasn't really telekenesis, but something unique to his knives. In which case he'd have a rude awakening when his hand was impaled. But it was worth a shot.
It was only a few seconds before another knife shot toward him through the bushes. Kenji closed his eyes, concentrating as hard as he could. Then he opened his eyes at the last second, to find a knife hovering in front of his hand. Grinning he grabbed a hold of the handle, sending it back towards its owner as hard as he could. He heard a cry, and the knives stopped coming.
"Okay, so what now?" Kenji said, equipping his katana. "This looks fun."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:37 pm

/Zara/Kiari/
The instant she left Infinite she began to throw stuff into her backpack. Every sound warranted a jump and frantic look around. Even though it seemed ridiculous, she did believe Loki-san to do as he said. She'd heard some of the stories about the enthusiasts who hounded Pierce and his company after the Cataclyst. There was enough proof that she didn't doubt them.
"Never figured it would happen to me," she muttered. After a moment of hesitation, she added her Infinite console to the pack, She sighed, hating the enthusiasts. She didn't want to leave home, but she didn't want any chance of her mom possibly getting hurt. As she had no intention of submitting to Loki, she had one thing remaining: fight back.
"Just fine, though I'll be all by myself. I'm sure that'll...."
She paused, hearing a floorboard creak alarmingly. Nervously, she lifted her backpack, ready to use it as a weapon. The doorknob began to turn. Quietly, she sidled up against the wall beside the door, arm raised to strike. The door suddenly swung open, someone leapt in, and she swung an arm out, fist connecting with guy;s nose. He let out a screech of agony, stumbling forward. Zara delivered a swift kick to his backside, sending him sprawling. She leapt out, slamming the door shut, then bolted down the hallway.
"Stupid, stupid," she mentally hissed, sliding out the front door. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw someone coming. hastily she broke for the garage door, diving into the stupidly-but-fortunately left open door. The family dog, a German shepherd named Bear raised his head when she came in. She whistled and he trotted over. "Okay boy," she murmured, rubbing his head. "Time to embrace the monster inside you. Just not on me this time, alright?" he licked her hand.
Then the other guy came in. His face had a familiar cast to it, and she straightened, raising an eyebrow. "Lief? Is that you?"
He grinned. "That stab really hurt, Kiari. You want to find out how much?" He came forward threateningly. Suddenly, Bear was there. Lief had time for one scream as he fell back, Bear's jaws latching onto his throat. Zara gagged and whirled around, shaking all over. But the sounds that followed left her on the floor, puking. She shuddered, knowing that scene would be locked in her mind for the rest of her life.
Then Bear was there, licking her face as if to say, 'its okay, its over now'. Remembering that there was another guy in the house somewhere at least, Zara forced herself to her feet, swallowing and carefully not looking at the mess by the door. "Thanks Bear" she said quietly. "Take care of Mom for me, okay?"
She fled then, taking to the streets. At first, she didn't seem to be followed, but she soon spotted a couple more following. She quickly turned, ran down the block and turned again. They kept on, however, always able to see her before she could turn down a new road. She was starting to feel lost. She'd taken so many turns, she had no clue where she was. And they seemed to be getting closer...she needed to hide, running wasn't working.
After turning another block, she rushed at the first possible house and scampered over the fence, hoping to heaven there wasn't a dog. It wasn't a fancy place, just a couple of trees and a pool, which had some delightful prospects if they followed her. Quickly, she ran up to the big oak and leapt into it, climbing up as high into the dense foliage as she could. She paused just as two punks, a tall and a short kid, entered the yard. They looked around for a bit, then met up right under the tree she sat in. "This ain't Infinite," the smaller one said. "She can't just disappear."
"Maybe not, but I doubt she's helpless. You saw what was left of Lief. Look, lets just split up. I'm betting she's hiding somewhere, since running wasn't working out. You check out and see if she left the yard. I'll look 'round here."
The shorter guy soon ran off. The other one, a broadshoulderd punk teen, slowly turned his head, looking into the tree. She shrank back, hoping she was in deep enough. After a moment, she saw him pull something out of his jacket, and fiddling with it. She peered closer for a better look. Much to her surprise and horror, it was a gun he held, and a silencer he was tightening to the barrel.
Feeling more than a little scared, she clung to the tree and silently prayed.

/Carter.Valerian/
He nodded slightly. "Lydia's right. If he's hacked the entire system, then he can probably do anything else."
He flexed his wings again, feeling just the littlest bit restless. He felt a desire to take to the wind again. He said, "The only thing I can think of is to pm each other. Yes, he could use his hack to see, but if he's hacking us now, then it doesn't really matter, does it."

He saw Saify come, running a quick review in his memory. Her ability was illusions that were real if believed. He was fairly sure that improving your level allowed you to solidify the illusion, but he couldn't remember for sure. Which meant that spear could or could not be real, whether he believed it or not. Or it was an actual weapon.
He chose to believe it.
Returning her smile and moving impressively quickly, he struck out with his hand, the open palm landing on the flat of the spearhead and pushing it aside as he stepped forward, turning his body sideways as he did. He grabbed the spear inside her hold and slammed it down as he rammed his knee up, snapping the spear. Before she could react he shoved her back hard enough to knock her down, and he shot a beam of darkness at her. However, when the wide beam was within two inches of striking, he twisted his hand and it very blatantly arched over her head, deliberately missing. "Score one," he said, smirking. "Better speed up, dear Saify."
Ash suddenly leapt up behind him from the shadows, swinging his scythe. Arachni dove aside just in time, but his cloak wasn't so lucky as the edge of the blade caught it and tore it. Arachni swung his arm around, releasing chain energy like a ringing slap, which sent Ash back slightly.
Arachni considered the tattered remains of the cloak hanging from his shoulders, then undid the clasp and let it flutter lifelessly away. "As of yet, I'm not impressed," he said. "Ashimatya...brother mine, you need some new tricks. You're still using all the old ones."
Wolfsong

Postby FreddyCast » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Maximius

(Maximius and Nathanial are still trapped within a special cage in Lucius’ room. Riots and explosions can be heard reverberating behind the walls. Suddenly, a big crash can be heard on top of Lucius’ Mansion as a roar resounds throughout the whole the mansion. Nathanial’s attention is hooked on to the roar as his mind races to figure what creature would make such a sound)
Nathanial: What is that? A Titan? A Colossus?
Maximius: So the old dragon has finally arrived.
Nathanial: A dragon? But such a powerful roar could only come from Fafnir?
(Immediately the cage begins to fade as the bars of light shake and warp)
Nathanial: The barrier is dissipating, this is our chance.
Maximius: NO! (He puts his arm on Nathanial’s shoulder, stopping him from going forward) If you go out the barrier you’ll be caught in Fafnir’s glitching effect. You see! (Maximius points to the guards who burst through the doors and begin to float as they are randomly teleported around the room every two seconds)
Nathanial: Where should we go then?
Maximius: The barrier has weakened. So....(Maximius slams his fist to the ground as a burst of dark energy flows downward and leaving a path of destruction in it’s wake) We go down, so as to stay away from the area of effect.
Nathanial: Amazing! We must go before Lucius returns. (Both Maximius and Nathanial descend down the hole created by Maximius’s attack)
(Back outside Lucius’s Mansion, Lucius is with his commanders as Maximius’s elite guards lay motionless on the ground)
Lucius: I must disguise myself and take control of Maximius’ forces outside the City walls. Someone get that dragon off my Mansion. My new armies await my return. Come with me, gentlemen. (Suddenly Lucius’ Keeper comes running out of the Mansion)
Keeper: MR. PRESIDENT! THE COUNCILORS HAVE ESCAPED! (Lucius has a look of utter shock)
Lucius: What? That’s impossible. Maximius should not have gotten out.
Keeper: It’s...It’s the dragon, it’s causing everything around it to malfunction. (Lucius proceeds to enter the Mansion but is stopped by his Keeper)
Keeper: NO, MR. PRESIDENT! If you go in you’ll be caught in the dragon’s effect.
Lucius: Tch! Fine! Commanders, go and quell the riots as best you can. I’ll capture the prisoners myself. Await my return at the city square.
Commanders: Yes, sir.
(Maximius and Nathanial are traversing the tunnels underneath Phosphoron)
Maximius: I must get back to my armies stationed outside the city.
Nathanial: How is it you know your way around here?
Maximius: I built this city.
Nathanial: You built this city? But this city has been here since the first day Infinite came online.
Maximius: Yes it was. And now, I’m going to raze this city and take down its false king.
Nathanial: Who are you?
Maximius: Is it not obvious by now. I will take back everything that was taken from me. I will take it all back from the IFF Council, from those I used to call my comrades, and from myself.
(Suddenly the tunnel caves in as Lucius crashes down into the tunnel and Lucius appears before Maximus and Nathanial)
Maximus: Speak of the Devil! (Lucius dusts himself off as he approaches Maximius and Nathanial)
Lucius: Did you really think you could escape me.
Nathanial: What should we do Maximius?
Maximius: Just keep your distance. This is between me and Lucius.
Lucius: Have I caught you two at a bad time, or are you two ready to surrender?
Maximius: You’re here just in time, actually.
Lucius: Whatever scheme you’re planning will not work. There’s nowhere for you to escape Maximius and there's nothing you can do to stop me.
Maximius: But it’s you who’ll do it for me.
Lucius: Are you blind, I’m no longer under your yoke, Maximius.
Maximius: Yes, you are. As long as you are my image, you are under my shadow.
Lucius: Do not make me kill you, my creator.
Maximius: How daring, my own creation. Just remember that what I have given you, I can most certainly take away.
Lucius: I grow tired of your Arrogance.
Maximius: And I grow weary of myself.
Lucius: Truly, no words can end this. (Lucius stretches his right arm to the side and manifests a golden scythe) So let our actions decide our fate.
link

(Maximius manifests his scythe as well and addresses Nathanial)
Maximius: Leave the tunnel, Nathanial. (Maximius slices a hole on the top of the tunnel)
Nathanial: As much as I hate your guts.....good luck! (He leaves through the hole)
Lucius: Your partner won’t get far.
Maximius: He’s of no consequence!...Now...show me your resolve, Lucius.
Lucius: My pleasure. (Maximius and Lucius both charge and clash their scythes as they swing and swirl each and every way, sparks flying from the impact of the scythes, and leaving deep slash marks on the walls of the tunnel as they dodge and block each other’s’ twirling scythes. Tunnel can no longer take the heavy abuse from their overpowered scythes and it begins to collapse all around them. So Maximius and Lucius jump out of the collapsing tunnel and onto the surface where they continue to assault each other, only this time their attacks become even deadlier as dark energy exudes and bursts forth from Maximius’s scythe, while glowing electric energy discharges from Lucius’s scythe. Nearby buildings are cut in half by the force of their swings and explosions of wind and energy are produced as their scythes strike each other into stalemate. The last clash of scythes push Maximius and Lucius back a distance and they recover, staring each other down. Nathanial stays a good distance away from the battlefield and listens to their conversation)

Lucius: Look around us, Maximius. Is this the vision you have for Infinite?
Maximius: The city can be reborn, Lucius, not souls.
Lucius: And yet you take souls. Tell me, Maximius, why is it that you are fighting yourself? Was your goal to bring peace, by any means necessary, or not?
Maximius: It is! But, it will not be achieved by your means, but by my means
Lucius: What makes my means any different than yours?
Maximius: Your means will destroy the very one I care for the most. It’s for this important person that I chose to take this path.
Lucius: Do not lie to me, Maximius. I know you. You do this for yourself, not for any one else.
Maximius:....You’re wrong! (He says in his mind, “and yet you’re right”)
Lucius: Then who is this person you take this dark path for?
Maximius:....Someone you’ll never have a chance to hurt (“never again”)
Lucius: Why, why hide things from me? Am I not you? Was I not created for that purpose?
Maximius: You were one of my greatest creations, but ultimately I failed. I made you my perfect image, and yet that perfect image was from a flawed man. You, my perfect creation, are a mistake, one which I intend to rectify.
Lucius: Me? A mistake? HAHAHAHAHA.....No, rather it’s you who has changed. This person you care about has made you weak, flawed, and a broken image of what you once were.
Maximius: It was my foolish ambition and selfishness, that created you. (“and still I’m foolish and selfish”)
Lucius: Ambition and Selfishness are good things not to be denied of yourself, Maximius. Have you forgotten that?
Maximius: I agree, Lucius. And yet....(“it must be denied”) I will not allow this to continue. (“it must end”) I will stop you. (“They must stop me”) Today a false god will fall. (“And so must this god fall as well....but not today”)

(Nathanial is still listening to the conversation with a puzzled, yet interested look in his face, pondering, “Then what is it that you want, Maximius? You questioned me whether I really knew what you seek, but...do you even know what it is that you seek?)

Lucius:....You disappoint me, Maximius. Truly, you have fallen from your former self, determined to defeat your own purpose. (Lucius shakes his head) It makes no sense.
Maximius: There is no sense in what I do. But I have commanded it so, and it will be so.
Lucius:...No more words. You disgrace the name of Hadrian Solis. And I will see to it that you bring no more shame to it.
(Lucius lifts his scythe and points it at Maximius. After staring down an mentally calm and emotionless Maximius he charges at him. Maximius floats up into the air and retreats, yet still facing Lucius, who pursues him up into the air. Nathanial follows them from the ground.)
Lucius: What’s the matter, Maximius? Why are you cowering before me? FIGHT ME! (Maximius dodges Lucius’s attacks as he keeps on retreating back while still facing Lucius)
Lucius: STOP RUNNING! RAAAHH! (Maximius grins) YOU WON’T BE SMILING ANYMORE, FOOL! (Lucius finally catches up to Maximius and swings his scythe at his neck, but suddenly Lucius’ scythe disappears from his hand)
Lucius: What? Where did my weapon go?
Maximius: Look around you, Lucius. (Lucius can hear Fafnir’s roar and looks down to see the dragon wreaking havoc on the Tierans as everything around the dragon glitches)
Lucius: You led me here! What for, there’s no advantage for you here? (Maximius shows his empty hands to Lucius)
Maximius: Where do you think my weapon has gone? (Lucius looks confused, but then his eyes widen as he quickly turns around to see Maximius’ scythe fly towards him, but is too late to dodge it and is slashed from waist to shoulder)
Lucius: GAHAHH *coughs up blood*....You...Snake. (His eyes widen again as he faces Maximius again to see him wielding Lucius's own scythe, and slashes Lucius from shoulder to waist on the opposite side of Lucius, leaving two slash marks in the form of an X on his upper body.)
Lucius: *coughs up blood* No....no.....NOOO! (Lucius bursts with anger and punches his own scythe out of Maximius’s own hands, and grabs Maximius by the neck, but then Lucius and Maximius are teleported into the city square by the glitch area of effect and they both fall down to the ground. Lucius crawls away moaning in pain from Maximius. Maximius gets up on his feet and attempts to recall his scythe back himself. His scythe flies towards Maximius, but Nathanial is in its way and jumps out of the way, yet he wasn’t quick enough and his right arm is slashed)
Nathanial: AHHH! MAXIMIUS, WATCH IT. YOU CUT ME WITH YOUR SCYTHE. (Maximius catches his scythe in his left hand and ignores Nathanial’s complaint) Tch! Yeah, that’s right, ignore me. Not like you care about comrades. (he whispers, “Idiot!”)
(Lucius slowly gets up on his feet and stretches out his arms to the sides and taunts Maximius. Maximius raises his scythe.)
Lucius: Come on, Maximius. Hehehe...This is what you want, right...*cough*....You want me dead....Alright, go ahead.....Do it...*cough*....Right here....and it will all be over.
(Maximius raises an eyebrow)
Lucius: What’s wrong?.....COME ON, FINISH IT YOU COWARD. ARE YOU NOT THE GREAT HADRIAN SOLIS, OR ARE YOU? (Maximius swirls his scythe and takes his stance, ready to land the final blow)
Lucius: .....*cough*....Have your feet gone cold? Hehehe...................DO IT NOW, OR I SWEAR I WILL KILL EVERYONE YOU EVER LOVED........COME OOOOOOON (Maximius quickly stabs Lucius on his side and digs his scythe even deeper into Lucius body)...*coughs up blood*
(Maximius then begins to hear Lucius laugh quietly and eerily, and then his laughter begins to get creepier and louder)
Evil Laugh

(Lucius grabs on to the Scythe’s handle)
Lucius: You fool! Now, you die with me. My character code will invade yours like a virus and self-destruct within you, destroying you completely. (Lucius’s code begins to be absorbed into the scythe as it slowly crawls into the handle and towards Maximius’s hands)
Maximius: Not this day. Not by you. “Corporeal Exchange”
Lucius: What? (Suddenly Nathanial is in Maximius’s place while Maximius is standing a safe distance away where nathanial used to be.)
Nathanial: How did I get here? Why can’t I let go of the Scythe?
Lucius: NOOOO! MAXIMIUS! YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO DIE HERE AND NOW. YOU SNAKE, GET BACK HERE. (As Lucius fades away and his code seeps into Nathanial’s body, Nathanial begins to feel paralyzed and weak as he drops to his knees. Maximius approaches Nathanial.)
Nathanial: Maximius....You...traitor...why did you....do this to me....I thought you were...my comrade...but you were no different than Lucius.
Maximius: I hold no malice towards you, Nathanial. It simply had to be done.
Nathanial: To save your own skin!...grrr....back...stabber.
Maximius: Not to save my skin. It’s to help my sons.
Nathanial: What?
Maximius: If they are to have a chance at stopping me, they’re going to need you.
Nathanial: I don’t know...what you mean?
Maximius: Do not worry about that now. The code inside you was meant to self-destruct when it melded with mine. Since you do not have my character code, it has instead incapacitated you. You’ll probably be overtaken by Lucius soon enough, but I’m sure my sons can handle him. I know for a fact that they’ll love pounding on a copy of me.
Nathanial: You’ve wronged me, Maximius. I won’t forget this. (He stares at Maximius with growing hatred)
Maximius: I know. I’d ask you not to hate me for it, but that’s not going to happen anytime soon. Anyways, I’ll be waiting for you when we meet again. I must get back to my armies. Say hello to my sons will you, that’s if you’re still you when they arrive.
(Maximius leaves Nathanial behind as he returns to his armies and leaves for the Nescalan borders)
Last edited by FreddyCast on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Saify grinned, despite being on the ground and momentarily at Arachni's mercy. "All right, but you asked for it." She said, standing back up. She conjured a new spear into her hand, drew it back, and threw it into the air, high above where Arachni stood. Then, when the spear was directly over him, it burst into dozens more spears, all arcing downward and burying themselves point first into the ground, covering the areas.
Saify ran forward, straight at Arachni, and grabbed two of the spears out of the ground as she went past. She threw one spear at Arachni, then jumped to the side and started running to get behind him. This'll work, she thought, grinning, use my illusions to overwhelm him, he'll never know what's real and what's fake. "Better be careful, Pierce!" She warned aloud, "I've learned some tricks that will keep even you on your toes."
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Sage Shade

Shade shrugged, turning and walking to the rock's edge. "Fine, if you want. I'll check the rivers as well, since I won't have to go far to find out if he's in the ocean." With that, she dove off the ledge, summoning the sea water up into a high pillar to lessen the impact on the surface. Once she reached the sea floor, she transformed, racing along the sands in her equine form.
Banana Lobster

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:13 pm

/Pierce/Arachni/
He casually sidestepped a falling spear, watching with an eyebrow raised. At her words, he smirked and raised his hand, shadows spreading all around him, looping through the spears. Ash watched, his experienced eyes picking up the pattern. "I thought you said you'd lost that control," he said after a moment, reaching out with his hand and trying to steal control of the shadows.
"I recover from setbacks quickly," Arachni replied, noticing Saify's oncoming spear. His form shifted into pure shadow, and the spear went right through him.
"Really?" Ash grinned as he twisted the strands, trying to wrest them from Arachni's hold. "I haven't seen you in four years."
"You try hacking into a game when you're being hunted by people all thirsting for your blood. We had to dump the computers for the longest time." He suddenly released the shadows, which shot back at Ash. Ash stumbled back, but before he could recover a hole opened beneath him, a chasm hidden in the snow, and he fell. Arachni used the shadows to close the hole, chuckling. "He'll be along," he thought with amusement, and some guilt. "Though I do believe he'll remember four years ago...his five month prison sentence." But he shrugged it off. Recollecting the released threads, he turned to face Saify, his regular smirk fixed in place. "Its good to be back," he said.

/Garrison/
Patiently, the brown-haired wood elf scrapped off another splinter off the wooden sculpture. He had an intent gaze as he focused on his work.
Suddenly, he heard loud roaring and shouts. He paused, glancing toward the door. "Are we going already?" he said. "Great. The one time he is punctual has to be awkward for everyone else." He grabbed the wood, but before he could move, he felt something jolt through and around him, and he was suddenly in a whole new room...face to face with an angry dragon. Fafnir's golden eyes rolled wildly in his head and he attacked everything within range. Garrison quickly scrambled back, when he had that jolt again. Next thing he knew, he was in a dark room, and bars of energy nearby made up an empty cage.
"So he's out and about again." Garrison glanced around, then checked his wrist. His navigation device, strapped like a watch, showed him the distance between himself and Fafnir, approximately nineteen feet. He started walking, pushing a few buttons to show the area-of-effect, while he focused on getting out of it.
"Garrison!"
He turned. Nebris was coming toward him, followed by another of their crew, CodeCreed. Creed was a pure-blood lynx, and he held most of their features though he did tent to look humanoid when he was with people. Garrison paused so they could catch up. "What's up, boys?" he asked.
Nebris grinned, a decidedly unpleasant grin. "We're here to attend to some business." Creed walked up, putting a hand on Garrison's shoulder,a firm tight grip. Before Garrison realized what was happening, he'd launched a punch right into the gut, then threw an uppercut to the jaw, knocking him back.
Garrison swore, scrambling back away from the two. "What the heck was that for?" he demanded harshly.
Creed shrugged. "Nothing personal, but...Pierce will be a lot weaker when one of the few loyal to him goes."
"Issa's being too soft," Nebris continued, stepping forward. "Just Pierce,' he says. 'Once the head's down, the rest will go'. HA! A plague is a plague. Its all got to be burned away."
Garrison grimaced. "So...we had a mole in our midst all along. You..."
Nebris drew his swords. "Have you heard of the more recent upgrade, Michael?" he said. "If we mess with a few things, you'll die in reality if we kill you here." He put it to his neck, smiling. "Its been fun Mich."
SUddenly, they all glitched out again, and when the sword struck, it fritzed and didn't actually hurt him. Garrison leapt up, dove through Nebris, and bolted towards Fafnir, realizing his only chance was to go where they would have trouble following. He glitched again, and was back with Fafnir, who'd torn into another room. he wasted no time, just vaulting onto the dragon's back. Without further ado, he pulled up his pm box and sent out a message to Arachni.
I don't have much time, so I'll be brief. We have traitors in our midst. Nebris and Creed just tried to kill me, and only Fafnir's glitch saved me. They mentioned Issa. N and C will probably try to keep me from leaving. I'll keep them as busy as I can. Be careful ~ Garrison
"Hey!" He glanced down. A guard, Tieran, was pointing at him. "Did you send this?"
Garrison almost replied, then grinned. "Compliments from the master of IFF, and the world," he replied twistedly. Then he spotted Nebris and Creed on the rafters, coming toward him. Grinning, he leapt off the dragon and right into the glitch. Time for a little hide-and-seek.

/Silk/
He had only taken a few bites when Cyrano reappeared. "Has anyone shown?" he asked.
Silk shrugged, shaking his head. "Um, no. Why, are we expecting someone?"
"Silk." He paused, turning slightly. Someone was walking toward them, carefully skirting the marsh. His jet black hair flowed down his back,a nd he was as pale as death. He had a careless sort of smile, and there was an aura of cunning about him. Silk took an instant dislike to him, feeling he was somewhat familiar. He stopped about fifteen feet away, sizing them up. Cyrano stepped forward, arms crossed.
"Are you the person who contacted me?" he asked.
The stranger nodded, bowing slightly. "Indeed, Cyrano. My name is Ingo, and I carry word of the one I named to you."
"Now I remember you," Silk said suddenly. "We used your well of information, and you even helped Python during the Cataclyst."
"The hacker has a long memory," Ingo said with a dry smile. "But now, my news for you. The hacker with a god-complex has returned. He goes by the name Arachni, a blue-haired Dark Elf of the Moon Clan. Wears mask on the right side of his face."
Cyrano nodded slowly, brow furrowed as he processed this. "How long has he been here?"
"He rejoined approximately three days ago. The instant he joined, he dove into the conflict, joining IFF under the wing of a player, Maximius. After demolishing a PvP fight between Nescala and Tiera, he went on to rout them in Megiddus Valley. He had a falling out with his...partner...which led to another brutal battle. Arachni went into hiding, last seen in Siccilian." Ingo smirked. "He's been fairly quiet since, but his x-boss is another story."
Silk fidgeted, thinking on that. Pierce had returned to Infinite, and had done that much in three days?
"Maximius has not only shut down the IFF council, but has moved his army to Tiera. It was broadcasted in the news this day that a truce had been made between Maximius and President Lucius, and that's the last we've heard of him. Yet."
"IFF's done, huh," Cyrano said. "I told them all this was a bad idea, that it wouldn't work. Knowing Pierce, he just made use of the conflict to tear everyone in his path down. But they were so sure..." He shook his head. "Any ideas on his plans?"
"If you mean Arachni, I think he might have dropped a certain...glitch...on Maximius. Just a rumor. Anything further, I'm clueless."
"Forgive me if I doubt that," Silk said. "You're good at learning things before they happen, then selling out the information. But then, that's what a good information broker does, right? Sell secrets?"
Ingo hissed at him, and Silk recoiled slightly. The man's tongue was forked! He sure didn't remember that!
"One question, Ingo," Cyrano said. "Who paid you to come tell us this?"
Ingo grinned. "Smart boy. Who do you think?" He turned around. "That is all. Good luck, hero." and he began walking away.
Silk waited till he was out of sight, then turned to Cyrano. Cyrano looked puzzled. "So it was Pierce. But if so, then why would he want us to know about himself and his...friend?"
Silk studied his face, then said, "Well, whatever is wrong in your crazy friend's head, don't forget the most important thing."
Cyrano glanced at him, eyebrow raised. "And what's that?"
Silk suddenly tossed a sandwich at Cyrano, which he barely caught. "Even the best can't think on an empty stomach! Come, relax for once and enjoy yourself!"
Cyrano smiled faintly. "Sure Silk. Perhaps I will." He sat down, taking a bite. "Arystar, what do you make of it?" he asked.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:36 pm

OOC: Sorry this took me so long...

Saify, still charging at Arachni, grinned in response, though inside she was cursing over Ashimitaya's apparent defeat. "It's good to have you back." She said, "I'm certainly no newbie anymore, in fact, I've grown so good at this game that I haven't found anything that can challenge me for a long time now. It's good to have someone I can fight on equal terms with."
She had managed to get very close to Arachni while he was dealing with Ashimitaya, so she now thrust her spear forward and stabbed at Arachni's face.

At the same time, directly behind Arachni, one of the spears standing in the snow began to shift and contort, it's shape stretching and morphing, until it finally settled on a mirror copy of Saify, even holding her own spear. The clone rushed at Arachni from behind, raising her spear high overhead, bringing it down at him from behind while he was watching the real Saify.
Oddood198

Postby FreddyCast » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Sage Blaze, Saint Reave, & Priestess Elian

(The trio reach a border town on the edge between Tiera and IFF named Baneguard.)
Sage: hey guys, I just received news from that messenger NPC in the street. The Tieran Capital, Phosphoron is burning.
Saint: Burning? What happened? Did someone attack the city?
Sage: No, there were no invaders. Dozens of riots broke out because of some shady alliance between Tiera and Maximius.
Saint: So, our uncle did this.
Sage: It seems like it.
Saint: I still don’t understand why we have to go and find our uncle. We’re not strong enough to face him yet.
Sage: We’re not going to fight him, we’re just going to ask him some questions about a certain person.
Saint: But he’s not gonna tells us anything. (Elian's interest is peaked by the brothers' conversation)
Elian: Who’s this person you’re searching for? Maybe I can help.
Sage: Have you heard of Andonowin?
Elian: Isn’t he a former IFF member? No one knows what happened to him.
Sage: My brother and I do.
Elian: Huh?
Saint: Our uncle defeated him, but we haven’t seen Andonowin since they fought.
Elian: By defeat, do you mean he killed him.
Sage: Yeah, but people normally respawn in the nearest town from where they were defeated, or in Andonowin’s case, he should have respawned in the same place he was before entering the Void Realm. But no one has seen or heard of him since. (Elian gives a look as if she heard the news of person who passed away)
Elian: I....don’t think you’ll ever see him again.
Saint: Why?
Ellian: I just know.....
Sage: What do you mean?
Elian: It’s just....Andonowin never respawned.
Sage: Are you saying Andonowin is no longer in Infinite?
Elian: I’m saying he’s no longer a player, period.
Saint: He quit the game? Well that sucks, he was an amazing character and a great fighter. I would have loved sparring with him.
Elian: You don’t understand, he’s.......nevermind. All you need to know is that he’s not in Infinite anymore.
Saint: huh?
Sage: That’s weird. You just said that no one knows what happened to him, and yet after we’ve told you that he was defeated by Maximius, now you know for certain that he’s not in Infinite anymore? You’ve been acting very suspicious Elian.
Elian: What, no I’m not. (Elian realizes she said too much)
Sage: Yes, you are. When my character was about to die from Layna’s sword, you were sure that I wasn’t going to respawn. And it's the same thing now with Andonowin. Spill it, Elian. What are you hiding from us?
Elian: I’m not hiding anything... (Elian begins to get nervous)
Sage: Bull! You know something that we don’t.
Elian: No...I don’t know what you’re saying. (Sage approaches Elian, which startles Elian and she takes a step back)
Sage: Tell us the truth, Elian.
Elian: But....I am. I... (Sage takes a step forward as he begins to get agitated by Elian’s evasiveness)
Sage: TELL US THE TRUTH! (Saint gets between Sage and Elian and holds his brother back with an outstretched hand)
Saint: BROTHER, STOP! Leave Elian alone.
Sage whispers: You know who Elian really is, and yet you would defend her?
Saint whispers:.............I would.
Sage whispers: She’s the reason you and I had a falling out. Are you gonna let her do that again?
Saint: .......Back off, brother. (Sage restrains his anger and shakes his head in disappointment)
Sage: I can’t believe this. You’re too trusting, brother. Why can’t you see she’s lying to us?
Saint: Even if she is, we’re not going to intimidate our own friends into telling us the truth.
Sage: hmph! You’re naïve as always!
(Layna speaks to Saint in his mind, saying, “You know, for once he’s got a point. You’re really naïve, Saint”)(Saint ignores her comment)
Saint: Even so, Elian is our friend, she deserves better from us, especially after everything she’s done for us.
Sage: Stubborn as well! Ha! (Sage smiles feeling proud for his brother and knowing very well that Saint was never afraid to stand up against him.)
(Layna says to Saint, “And that’s why I like you, Saint. At least you’re the kind of person who has convictions, and always stands up for your friends, even if your friends are not as accepting or forgiving as you are.")
Elian: Please, don’t’ fight. I’m sorry I’ve caused you trouble. Perhaps it’s best I leave. (As she turns to leave, Sage calls to her)
Sage: Wait, Elian....*sigh*....I’m sorry for being so aggressive earlier. You’ve really done a lot for us, more than any other person has. Here, accept our friend request. My brother and I have to be going, but we’d still like to keep in contact in case we need each other’s help, for whatever reason.
(Saint looks surprised at Sage’s extension of friendship towards Elian)
Saint: Brother!
Sage: Just shut up, Saint. I hate it when you rub off on me. (Sage addresses Elian again) Well, are you gonna accept or what?
Elian: Su..Sure! (She accepts their friend request and she looks at her friend’s list in the menu. She smiles as she finally has some friends in her friends list.)
Sage: We gotta log out now. It’s getting pretty tiresome staying in this game for so long.
Saint: Thanks again, Elian. It was fun. Let’s meet up soon, ok.
Elian: Yeah, it was fun. I’ll be waiting for you two. (Elian waves goodbye as the brothers log out.)

(Back in Dean and Trent’s house, the brothers take off the game band from their heads and stretch out their bodies.)
Dean: Man my body aches. I’ll go do some exercise before dropping like a rock on the couch.
Trent: That’s cool; I’ll go see if I can make some food for us. If not, I’ll just order a pizza or something.
(Dean heads down to the garage where his exercise machines are, while Trent heads to the kitchen, where he sees through the black-tinted window a young girl in the backyard who frantically jumps up the oak tree)
Trent: Who was that? An intruder? She seemed too frightened to be a thief.
(Suddenly two kids appear looking shady and suspicious as they converse together about something until one leaves and the other stays behind. He looked like some hoodlum with broad shoulders. He looked even more like a novice criminal as he took out a pistol, put silencer on it, and began to look up the oak tree)
Trent: Hmm? Now those two do look like thieves, but they haven’t tried breaking in yet. Are they after the girl? I should call the cops. *scratches his head*, But they won’t get here on time, and I don’t want to cause attention to me and my brother. What should I do?
(Trent quickly thinks it over and does the stupidest thing he can think of. He walks out to confront young teen unarmed.)
Trent: Hey kid! (The teen gets startled and immediately points the gun at him. Trent raises his hands above his head as he walks slowly towards the armed teen)
Hoodlum teen: Stop right there. Get back in the house and don’t say a word about what you saw.
Trent: I can’t do that.
Hoodlum teen: Are you suicidal? I said stop and get back inside the house. (Trent keeps moving forward)
Trent: What do you want here? There’s no one in my backyard. Please leave my property.
Hoodlum teen: What are you, stupid? This isn’t the time to be a hero, boy. You wanna die?
Trent: You need to stop and rethink what you’re doing, kid. (Trent keeps moving forward towards the teen)
Hoodlum teen: HEY, HOW MANY TIME DO I GOTTA TELL YOU? (The teen quickly approaches Trent and points the gun at his head at point blank range). GET BACK IN YOUR FREAKIN HOUSE. THIS IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, MORON.
Trent: I wouldn’t do that if I was you.
Hoodlum teen: And what are you going to do. I’m the one with the gun here.
Disarms the teen like a BOSS

(With lightning speed Trent disarms the teen and points the gun back at him, who looks shocked and confused from what just happened.)
Trent: Correction, I’m the one with the gun. Now leave...or I might regret what happens next.
Hoodlum teen: You...you...YOU FREAK. (The scared teen runs away, yet Trent hears another teen scream in the front of the house, and the sound of loud thump is heard, like that of a head and a ball colliding. Trent knows exactly who it is and what happened and shakes his head because of it)
Trent: Dean...*sigh*...why do you always got to be so aggressive with people. (Trent turns his attention back to the oak tree)
Trent: Hey miss, you can come out now. The bad guys are....(Trent looks up in the sky and sees a baseball falling down from the sky and hits something in the oak tree. To Trent’s horror the girl hiding in the oak tree falls out of the tree, and he quickly reacts. He gets under the girl’s fall and attempts to catch her but he’s head-butted in the face. The next thing a dazed Trent sees is a girl lying on top of him. Dean arrives in the backyard)
Dean: I had a feeling you'd be here. Hey Trent, there was this short punk kid trying to....(Dean sees Trent in an awkward moment with a girl laying on top of him) Oh, am I interrupting something?
Trent: Oh, my head. Miss, are you alright?

To be continued....
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:01 pm

/Rowan/Caesar/
While Kenji attended to the knife thrower, Caesar was dancing circles around the creature, trying to distract it. He could tell right away his rapier would snap on contact with that scaly hide. There were spots he could strike, but they were hard to reach, even with his speed. He stepped around as the monster lash out with its tail.
"This...could be a problem," he muttered. Regretfully, he sheathed his rapier, putting it aside since it was useless now. He'd have to pull some other tricks. That in mind, he began to inspect his inventory. Within were contained a pair of ice orbs, a couple of random choice items that would either damage the enemy and/or you, and one of the "eggs" of a monster you could purchase. It would release a random monster which would aid you in the fight, but disappear afterward. Add that to a couple of healing potions and tonics, and he was in fairly good shape. "I'll save the orbs," he decided, pulling out a "random choice". "Could be useful once he's weaker." He opened the box.
A whirlwind of swords leapt out. Shouting, he dropped it and stumbled back. Fortunately, it fell upon the monster. Most of the blows did nothing, but a few struck those open areas and dealt some damage. The monster roared, rising back on its hind legs, then came down with massive force on the ground, causing a min-earthquake. Caesar was knocked off his feet and before he could stand again the monster struck at him with a front claw. Caesar went flying toward the wall, crashing against it and sliding down to the ground, dazed. It swung around again, but he had the wind carry him over the menacing claw, setting him on his feet a short distance away.
This time he pulled out one of the ice orbs. When the monster came at him, he hurled it at its head where it shattered, releasing a chill he could feel even where he was. But the creature was obviously slowed. Instantly he darted in with his rapier, striking directly through the right eye. Using the wind to increase his speed, he wrenched it out and took out the left eye aw well. When the beast roared, he shoved the last orb down its throat. He bent down hurriedly as the beast slowly lunged forward and spotted the vital spot under its neck. Without hesitation he imbued his blade with wind power and stabbed as deeply as he could. The monster roared, thrashing around,. and Caesar was hard pressed to get out in one piece. He turned as the monster collapsed, dissipating.
He grinned, sheathing his sword with a fancy flourish. Noriko stared open-mouthed. "But...that thing...how did you..."
"You just have to know what you're doing. Good job with the knife-thrower," Caesar said to Kenji. Before he could say more, he heard the shouting of the guards. A notice for his experience and gold earned popped up, as did one saying he'd earned an item, but he selected 'move to inventory' without wasting time to look and ran for the wall. "Seems we've overstayed our welcome," he said with a grin. Using the wind, he carried them all over the wall without losing speed. "Come, we can get our rides on the edge of town."

/Pierce/Arachni/
Arachni just smiled, bringing his sword up and knocking her spear aside, preparing to go in for the thrust. A shadow fell over him, and he suddenly felt the presence behind him. He angled his body just in time, so the spear fell past him and lodged into the ground. He danced away from Saify and her clone, studying it curiously. "Not bad," he said. "I swear that one's solid."

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
He quickly summoned shadows to catch him and stay his fall. The chasm stretched out below him, dark and forbidding. Ash stared a long time, then proceeded to fly upwards. Up ahead was the covering Arachni had made over the hole. It took him only a moment to break through, and he was once more aboveground. He circled slowly behind Arachni, who was facing Saify, shadow-bladed hands tense and ready.

Arachni waited a moment, then leapt forward, swinging his sword in tight formation at Saify. Suddenly, Ashimatya was beside him, ramming his hand directly through his side. Arachni coughed blood, his eyes widening in shock, then he swung around with his sword. Ash dove back, flinging the blood off his hands, then lunged in again.
Saify coming in on one side, Ash on the other. Arachni grimaced, raising his sword, taking a step back.
His foot rested on nothing.
His eyes widened in disbelief as the weight of his back foot hung over the chasm that seemed almost to have appeared behind him. He almost regained his balance, but the snow his other foot rested on slid, and he fell into the chasm.
Ash openly cursed as he rushed to the side just in time to see Arachni vanish into the darkness. He stared a moment in silence, lost in his own thoughts, then he spoke. "When you fought him, he tripped on a root, didn't he? Seems the natural resources around him are his worst enemy." He shook his head. "You want to make sure his body's down there, or do you suppose that's a waste of time?"

/Zara/Kiari/
She was beginning to think she was never coming down from the tree when someone else came out of the house. He didn't look like one of them, and the punk was acting hostile, so....she was still up the tree. Next thing she knew, he not only disarmed the man but had sent him running. She was impressed. There was a very loud, painful sound, and she wondered where it originated from. The guy below shouted something to her, but before she could even start to formulate a response, there was a sharp pain on the back of her skull and she tumbled forward....out. Of. The. Tree!!!
"Ow....ow...." She opened an eye very slowly. She was surrounded by grass, but it sure wasn't grass she was lying on right now. No, just the guy who had chased off her would-be killer. And she was...on top of him. Her mind instantly began to freak out, but she handled it much more gracefully then the last time she woke up in a guy's arms.
"Ah, uh, s-sorry!" she finally managed to stammer, scrambling off of him. She noticed the baseball then, and was able to put two and two together. Not that it made her situation any better. And this time, she didn't have a real good explanation or Hawke to help her. "I'm...um, I'm alright...thanks." Then she noticed the other guy standing nearby, and her heart sank. Well, worse come to worse, she could vault the fence, but still...
"And....well, I'm sorry for...um...coming into your backyard, I, er...." She bit her lip. "I was trying to hide. Sorry I led that punk into here...."
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Lydia watched as Shade transformed and dashed off, then sighed, Seriously, what a loner... Is she trying to be cool, or does she just lack social graces? Whatever. She thought, then turned back to the others. She looked at the other girl, Meeka, she remembered, and looked her over. Meeka was a full foot taller than Lydia, but that wasn't saying much, she seemed to be the gentle type, though. Lydia held a hand out to her to shake, "Well, sounds like we'll be working together. Hope to get along with you." She said, smiling.

Saify was a little surprised when Arachni went and tumbled off the cliff, and it did indeed remind her a little of their previous fight. She sighed when Ashimitaya asked about searching for the body, "Yeah, it's best if we do. I honestly doubt he would have died that easily. Heck, he's a brilliant strategist, I wouldn't be surprised to find he fell off on purpose, just to throw us off." She looked down the ravine, thinking. "I'd like to find his body to make sure he died. I can also message a few people and have them watch nearby respawn points, but he may have a way of bypassing those, too."
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:28 am

/Eric/Zare/
Eric muttered a quick thanks to his mom as he took his dishes to the sink. He knew he should help her clean up, but he hadn't planned on eating supper, and that on top of his part-time job had ended up being a lot more than the time he'd told Ash. At this rate, they'd probably end up getting sick of waiting for him and go on without him.
In his room, Eric put on the headset, quickly logging in.

In Infinite, Zare was still in cat form, so it took him a minute to adjust to the different feeling. He stretched his limbs, relieved to be rid of the soreness of the day's work in the real world. But then he growled in frustration when he realized he was out of any kind of transportation item, and he was a long ways from any portal. If he was going to get to Central in good time, he needed to hurry.
With one last stretch, Zare tensed his muscles, springing off of his hind legs into a dead sprint. He couldn't help but worry a little, wondering how things were going with Ash. He was unnerved, thinking about not being there to back him up if Ash ran into Arachni.
"Wow," he said outloud to himself as the ground whizzed by beneath his feet. "I can't believe I'm so worried. It's just a game, after all."

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji crossed his arms as he watched Regal fight the monster. He figured he should probably do something to help, but watching was too much fun. When Regal finished, Kenji clapped his hands enthusiastically.
"Bravo!" Then he smirked at Regal's praise. "Ha, I didn't do anything. Just rescued us all from impending doom. That monster was just the prop. The real threat was the knife guy, you know. You guys owe me one."
ClaecElric4God

Postby FreddyCast » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Dean and Trent Solis

Dean: So that’s why there was a short brat snooping around in the front yard. They were looking for you. (Dean sees the silencer gun laying in the grass. Walks up to it and picks it up) And I assume this gun belonged to the kid that ran away from our backyard.
Trent: Yeah! I took it from him, but I dropped it while trying to catch her.
Dean: Hmm...Is that what you were doing? Well, in any case, the safety was on. That kid must have been too dumb to handle a gun.
Trent: I, uh, put the safety on when I took it from him. I didn’t really need to use the gun, now that he was unarmed
Dean: So he could have killed you? Well, that was smart of you. *sigh*
Trent: *nervously laughs* Yeah!
Dean: So what’s the deal with her?
Trent: Oh, that’s right. (He addresses the young girl) There’s no need to apologize. Don’t worry about it. I’m just glad you’re alright. My brother and I were happy to help. My name’s Trent, and that’s my brother Dean. What’s your name, miss? (Dean puts his hand on his forehead, shaking his head and whispering, “Idiot”)
Dean protests: Hey, you’re supposed to ask for her name first, before giving away our names. (Trent rolls his eyes as he ignores Dean’s complaint)
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:29 pm

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
He nodded slowly. "I'll bring us down. You just keep an eye out." He summoned the shadows, which formed into two platforms beneath them. The platforms rose slightly off the ground, then descended into the ravine.
He was silent as they went deeper into the chasm, his face locked in a dead mask. Somehow, he knew they wouldn't find Pierce here. "Nor the respawn stations," he said suddenly, answering Saify's earlier statement. "He's always gotten around those. He hated them for the most part as they always tended to be as far away as possible from his latest quests. I'm not entirely sure what he did, but I never saw him at a respawn station again."
Finally, they reached rock bottom, where it was pitch dark. Ash glanced around, his eyes seeming almost to glow slightly as they looked around. "There's no sign of him here, or ever arriving here." He tilted his head slightly, eyes closed. "Seems the last laugh is on us."
He checked his ingame clock, surprised to discover over two hours had passed. He hoped Zare didn't believe he'd ditched him. He sighed, shrugging. "Well, I've got an appointment I'm late for. The platform will remain till you have left, whether using it or some other means." He grinned at her. "Been fun, Saify, guess you fot to tell him what you wanted to, eh? Now just have to find him again." He chuckled. "PM me if you ever want my help." and he teleported out.
The teleportal station was a mile outside Central. He used the shadows to cheat and get there quickly. There was no sign of Zare, so he want to Adventurer's Hall where he'd met up with his client in the first place. He'd just turn it in while he waited for Zare.
Pierce...where was he?

/Rowan/Caesar/
"Yes of course," Caesar agreed with an ironic smile, a trace of his old dry humor returning. "We would have all been lost without you. I believe your deed was almost enough to repay me for the horse you borrowed from me and lost." He ignored Kenji's response, entering a small hosue on the edge of town. The man here was a shady sort, and Caesar suspected he was NPC. After a quick session of haggling, which ended in Caesar's favor, he led Noriko and Kenji into the back, where the snapperbirds were kept.
"Be careful," he cautioned Noriko, who eyed the bird distrustfully. "They do eat meat."
She said nothing as she climbed awkwardly into the saddle. The NPC opened the door and they flew out incredibly quickly, as the birds flew across the ground at a great speed. As they traveled, he sent a pm: Cyrano, should have what you want. Where do you wish to meet up?
His reply wasn't long in coming. I'm at Wispy Hollows, keeping an eye on your camp. I'll meet you there.
"He found the camp?" he murmured. "I swear, we have a spy in out midst." He shook his head, then leaned back slightly, facing the others. "Aim for Wispy Hollows. Lets wrap this quest up and get back to the fun stuff."

/Carter/Valerian/
He watched Shade go, shrugging. "Jeez, wonder what bit her? Anyways, I'll meet you back here this evening." He pushed off the ground with his feet, beating his wings. Grinning at Kydia and Meeka, he gave them a salute. "Have fun!" and he took off.
Bending back slightly, he spared straight upwards, arms extended. He glanced down, watching till they were out of sight, then relaxed his flight, pausing a moment to collect his bearings and assess the situation. Resting on one of the rocky overhangs of the mountain, he settled himself to think.
Neither Meeka nor Lydia seemed like a potential danger. Heck, as long as they were around he could use them, considering it was already his job. Shade, she was the uncertainty, the unknown card in the opposing hand. Valerian wanted to kill whatever monster had tipped her off; this was not how this was to begin. Unless Pierce had started...?
He sighed, rubbing his forehead. After a moment, he checked his inbox and reread the last pm the Master had sent.
Time for you to get out of Nescala. I have it on higher authority that he is nowhere within that region and trouble is coming your way if you stay. Search instead on one of the new continents, he has a hole somewhere. I need this man finished, Valerian. He and that bloody Maximius have already disrupted my plans for the conflict's turn! I'm raising your pay to $2000. Hurry.
"Something rotten in the state of Denmark, and it isn't the fish," Valerian murmured thoughtfully. Should he fill the boss in on his new 'friends'? Probably. This man was a stickler for details. He began a private message.
I have arrived on the sea continent, and find myself in a party. One of your sea bred critters spilled, by Gayrle. I don't believe they're on to you, but there are now people who know you're out hacking. I'm going to use them to help sniff out my target. I'll contact you if there's anything new.
He sent it, closed his menus, then leapt off the ledge, the mercenary inside him reeling at the thought of $2000. What he could do with that cash...

/Zara/Kiari/
Slowly, she began to smile, her hand rising automatically to her mouth. Jeez, were all brothers like that, or did she just get lucky? Still, at least it gave her an idea of what to expect. "I'm Zara," she told Trent. "and Dean, manners-wise, I think the guys are supposed to give their names first." After a moment, she nervously glanced over towards the front yard. "So, um, I take it you took out the short guy?" she asked Dean. "Did you see where the taller guy went?" She wondered just how long she had to rest till the next round.
Wolfsong

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying