Infinite Powers

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Infinite Powers

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:34 pm

OOC- Arte-who? I don't know whether to play along or not XD

/Rowan/Caesar/
He kept walking, thinking. Artemis..."What makes you ask that?" he inquired, sounding bored and uninterested.

/Zara/Kiari/Carter/Valerian/
Valerian was seated at a table in a bar in some random outpost of Nescala. It wasn't much of a place, really, but it was a quiet place where people minded their own business. He liked it, it suited his personality.
Someone entered, dressed in blue. He heard murmurs from some people, some of which sounded like "is that Mirage?' "No way, she quit!" He smiled faintly as she glanced around, then walked over to his table.
"You're Valerian, I believe?" she asked quietly, sitting.
"I assume you're...Kiari?" he asked in an equally low tone.
She nodded. "You said you had some info for sale, and you said I wasn't the only one you gave notice to. So I came as quick as I could."
"And full, I hope?"
Kiari nodded; she knew what he meant. As carefully as she could, she held out a bag. "over 100,000,000 {currency}," she told him. "Judging from your note, I assumed it was something big."
He nodded, and took the bag from her. "Should be enough for something like this." He held out the maps.
She quietly took them and unfolded the first one. Her eyes widened. "This is...the location of the gems?!"
"More or less," he said quietly, somewhat pleased that, despite her own shock, she kept her voice down. She was good. "The NPC I bought them off was one of the more shady ones, so its a long shot. But its something to go on. You'll notice its only the general locations."
She nodded. "Makes sense. The mods wouldn't release anything final on a treasure so big." She abruptly stood, hiding the maps in her inventory. "Thank you," she said quickly, and promptly left.
He understood. She was worried about the other contacts showing. He was surprised she got here so early, and wondered if she'd cheated somehow. Well, it didn't matter. The stuff was off his hands, now he could leave. Jaques had just sent him a message that he'd secured a boat at the dock of Gayrle, so he'd head there next and see what the rest of the world was like.

Kiari, beyond village limits, leapt onto Hawke's back. "Its something pretty big," she said to her friend. "I'll tell you later. We need to get out quickly, before anyone shows up."
Hawke, understanding, soared into the sky, rising as fast as he could.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:23 pm

Lydia had managed to successfully enter the Nescala outpost that the message had told her about. She had revieved it shortly after her failure in catching Kairi and Hawke, telling her it was a big piece of information. Intrigued, and knowing it was, in all probability something about the Dragon Gems, she had hurried over as quick as she could, especially since the message also said she wasn't the only one that it had been sent to. It wasn't exactly the easiest thing for her to go around unnoticed in a Nescala outpost, but she had managed in and just made it to the bar where the meeting was supposed to take place.
As she reached for the handle on the door, she noticed something out of the corner of her eye. She turned to look at it, and, to her horror, recognized that it was the same flying form and rider she had seen in the Tanmul mountains.
Infuriated, she slammed her fist against the doorframe, "Kairi!!" She hissed through her clenched teeth. IFF be cursed! If I have to murder her for the Gems and mark myself an outlaw, so be it! She thought, then stormed into the bar. The person who contacted her should still be here, if she found him, she may at least be able to find out what he had given to Kairi.
She took a few deep breaths and forced herself to calm down and get her pleasant aura back as she surveyed the room. There, standing up to go, the man whose name matched with the one that sent the message. She trotted over to him, looking up and giving him her sweetest smile. "Hi! Are you the one I got the message from?" She asked, and there was no trace of the absolute fury she had had a few moments earlier.

Aeon stood alone on the docks of Gayrle, his arms crossed in front of his chest, his one armored arm glinting in the sunlight. His obscuring cloak wavered in the breeze, and his bright blue eyes peeked out from under the shadows of his hood. He had come here to see about acquiring passage to other parts of Infinite, looking for fresh places to begin his search, and had luckily managed to get transportation here. He had gotten himself a spot on a boat that was leaving soon, when he inquired when exactly they would be going, the captain told him they were waiting for a couple other passengers, and then they would leave.
And so, Aeon stood nearby, watching the waves rise and fall as the wind pushed them. Again, his mind considered just how real and life-like this game felt. A little too real, if you ask me. He thought, turning away from the sea and walking back into the town. It seemed the people they were waiting for wouldn't be here anytime soon, so Aeon decided to go abck and wait in an inn or something.

OOC: I gotta be careful, otherwise, it feels like Lydia may inherit Saify's temper...
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:00 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Ah, so this guy was the secretive type, eh? Kenji shrugged, as best he could while all his weight was resting on his arms. Well, this fellow wasn't going to be boring, at least.
Kenji laughed jovially and replied, "No, I don't imagine you could be him. After all, he is a person I only just made up a moment ago, and it would be rather strange if you were a figment of my imagination."
With that, Kenji sprang off of his hands, back into a standing position. He linked his hands behind his head, smiling comically at the man as they walked.
"So I take it you're a member of the Slaver's Guild, or at least associated with them?" Kenji inquired. At this point, it seemed safe to assume that he wasn't going to get killed for asking questions. If anything, the guy was just going to keep giving vague answers or ignore him altogether. Either way, one-sided conversation was better than no conversation at all, in Kenji's opinion.

/Eric/Zare/
Zare stared intently at the water as he paced along the bank. The river was known for having a strong current, riddled with whirlpools, and was essentially considered impassable except at the bridge, which also happened to have soldiers posted there. Of course, the obvious route was to follow the riverbank's roundabout path as it curved around into a crescent shape, until you got the stepping stones, the only other known crossing point. But Zare had once learned a secret, that many of the rivers in this game had subtle crossing points, where even though it looked turbulent, the water was calmer. It was a sort of a cheat code, one only a creature with heightened senses, such as a werecat, could find. Now, all he had to do was follow the signs and find said crossing. Provided there was one, of course. If there wasn't he was wasting even more precious time, and Archer was gaining ground by the second.
Zare studied the terrain around the water, his senses alert. Then he heard it, a high-pitched, nigh imperceptible whining. He leapt down to the water's edge, shivering as the spray hit him. Standing on the rocky shore, he stared out across the surface, straining his eyes. A quick flash, almost like a reflection of the sun, caught his eye. Satisfied, Zare slowly stepped into the current, the water tugging at his fur. Startled at first by the current and the chill of the water, Zare pulled back his paw, then strenghtened his resolve and walked out further. The current continued to beat against him, threatening to drag him downstream, and his heart started racing. He gasped, forcing himself to keep walking, digging his claws into the mud and rock. When he finally reached the point where he had to arch his neck to keep his nose out of the water, he tensed, suddenly terrified.
Well, here goes nothing, he muttered mentally. And he sheathed his claws, kicking out against the water for the opposite shore. At first he was sure the current would drag him under, until he was steadily swimming, and the water suddenly died down, allowing him to get his bearings and set his eyes on his destination. It wasn't exactly tranquil, but it was still a big difference from the current that had threatened to drown him a moment ago. In a matter of moments, Zare reached the other shore. As his feet touched the ground, the tugging sensation returned, and he had to dig his claws in again to keep from being washed away. He dragged himself out, struggling to make it up the steep bank. He shook out his sodden fur, then stood hunched for a moment, recovering his breath. In the few seconds that it took for his ragged gasps to returned to a slightly labored breathing, he studied his surroundings. He'd still come a little ways from where he'd hoped to emerge, but he knew he'd saved alot of time with that trick. The camp should be just on the other side of that treeline. Zare sprinted for the trees, determination lending him new energy. This was it...
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:12 pm

OOC- yes please, Odd, don't restart that. That was truly scary...

/Zara/Kiari/
"Good heavens! Is that..." her eyes widened. "Rise, Hawke, rise! Its Lydia!" However, with no attacks or anything, she relaxed slightly. "She must have missed us," she murmured, relieved. "Hawke, I'll pass the maps to you. I want to do a little...well, you know. Relax a bit before I go hunting."
She felt his agreement and slipped the maps from her inventory to his open bag. "I'll log out now," she told him. "We'll begin the hunt tomorrow. I'm so glad we've finally a lead to follow!" and out she went.

Zara leaned back against her chair, sighing heavily. Man, what a day! What a day! Sighing, she stood and left her room. She was going to pop some food in the microwave, watch a movie, and then go stargazing. Not out here, since there were no stars to see, but there were plenty in Infinite. And she knew just the spot to go to.

/Rowan/Caesar/
"Indeed," he agreed. It didn't hurt now. They'd be moving on soon anyway. Unless this unpredicatable was one of Cyrano's men? Unlikely, considering his personality, but you never could tell. So long however as his personal identity remained secret, it didn't matter. He put up with Kenji's senseless chatter until they arrived at camp. Then he said, "Ask around, you may find information about who you seek. I suggest you be quick, as we shall move on soon." with that, he walked off to inquire about finding another horse.

/Carter/Valerian/
He paused, staring at her until he could place her. Then it occured to him exactly what and why. Should he lie then? No, that would definitely generate hostility. "Yes, I was," he replied. "My apologies, you were beaten to it. If you'll excuse me, I have to catch a boat." and with that, he left.
he wandered outside of town for a while, until he finally found the teleportal station. He selected Gayrle, which happened to be on the list, and waited. Moments later, he was standing approximately five miles from the coastal town.
He casually brushed one of the knives in his sash, then entered town. He went straight to the docks, seeking the captain of the ship. He was ready to leave this crooked place behind, and find some new, fresh soil to work with.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:27 pm

Lydia bristled with frustration as Valerian walked past her and left. And I even did my nice smile and everything. She thought dejectedly. Sighing, she left the bar and went out into the town, then sat down on a bench. Quickly navigating through her menus, after a few seconds she lay down and pressed 'logout'.

Iris stood up from her desk, holding the edge of it for support, as she was a bit wobbly at first. "Surprising how emotional you can get in online games." She said to herself, then walked to her bed and sat down. "Time for a break." She decided, grabbing a book from nearby.

Aeon was sitting in a dimly lit tavern room, at a table in the corner, cliche as can be, when he received a message. Opening it, he found it was from the captain of the ship, telling him the passenger they were waiting for was close, and they would be leaving soon.
Aeon stood up, walked toward the door of the tavern, and dropped a couple coins on the bar on the way out. He walked back toward the docks, ready to get a move on and get out of here.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:32 pm

/Carter/Valerian/
"Your papers are all in order. Come aboard, and be quick about it. We don't want to miss the tide."
Valerian nodded, coming quietly aboard. It was a rather simple passenger ship, though some of the cargo it carried was on deck, laying about. Careless of them. It could fly overboard. He walked on by.
The room he entered was open to the sea air, which he liked. It was made for multiple people. He hoped whoever he was sharing the room with was the sort to not make a lot of noise.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Just moments later, Aeon boarded the ship. He had already gotten his identification straight with the captain, and since he was such a recognizable figure, he wasn't stopped on his way. He walked across the deck of the ship, avoiding the cargo strewn across. He looked out to the air and licked his lips, tasting the salty air that was so accurately replicated.
He followed the instructions he had been given previously to the room he was assigned. He found someone already there, a hair taller than Aeon, and dressed in light clothes. Aeon nodded to him in slight greeting, then sat against a wall.

The ship began moving as the tide took it and the crew undid the moorings holding them to the dock. They began to sail out, along with a couple other vessels aiming to go with the tide. As they came farther from the city, the ship began to sway slightly, as seacraft do. And so, they were on their way.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:30 pm

/Carter/Valerian/
He nodded back at the other man. Appeared to be a quiet fellow, which was perfectly fine by him.
There were others entering, getting acquianted with their rooms, but that didn't bother him. He began to contemplate what his first move would be upon reaching land.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:57 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji stopped talking once they arrived at the camp. He was surprised to see the place in such neat order, though he wasn't sure why. Either way, he liked the atmosphere quite a bit, and could picture himself settling in for awhile. Of course, he wasn't sure how one would go about doing that, or if he'd be accepted. Only playing Infinite for a year, and spending most of that time goofing off, he wasn't very knowledgeable in that area, except that he liked to hop around and pretend to be from where he wasn't. The idea of sticking to a group for any period of time was completely foreign to him.
Kenji half-listened to the man's directions, still mulling over things. Then he realized, he was very intrigued by this man. He hadn't given his name, or mentioned anything about himself. In fact, he didn't seem to talk much at all. And his capacity to ignore Kenji's obnoxiousness was amazing. The mystery shrouding him was fascinating, and his obvious desire to keep it that way was even more so. Kenji made a decision, and put his katana-wielding ambitions on hold for the moment. As the man started walking away, Kenji quickly followed, coming up alongside him and matching his pace, even though his stature made it a bit hard to do.
"You make me feel short, you know that?" Kenji blurted. "How tall are you? Never mind that, why are you moving camp? This location seems quite pleasant. Of course, I imagine you'd stay on the move. I've heard Cyrano is really putting his fist down on you guys. Why do you suppose he's so bent on getting rid of you? It's not like you're bad or anything, right? What a jerk." Kenji huffed, trying to look perturbed.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:23 pm

OOC- Just fyi for those involved, Odd's gone A-wall on us ( ;) ) so the boat ride may be drastically lengthened. However, for those who are coming along, do not hesitate to jump right in. Odd said I could godmod if necessary, so...we'll just try to get along until he gets back.

/Rowan/Caesar/
Caesar paused as he realized the other man was still with him. At first, it sounded like he was complaining about how tall Caesar was, then he was questioning why they needed to move, and then he was sympathizing with them. Caesar sighed inwardly but his face remained impassive.
"We must move to keep Cyrano from finding us," he replied quietly. "As for your other remark, I can speak only for myself. I do not engage in perversity. I cannot say the same of others."
Who cared anyway? Part of his agreement with the mods was that he dealt mainly in NPCs. If he grabbed a player, there was to be no foul play. He'd honored his end of the bargain. Who cared about NPCs anyway? They were just virtual images that weren't real anyway.
He glanced upward. The sun was setting and the sky was turning into a truly beautiful sunset. He considered a moment, then offered in the manner of a gentleman, "Would you care to stay tonight? I cannot promise you total safety as we never know when Cyrano will find us, but a bed is better than dirt." He rather hoped the man would say no and go, but it was the gentlemanly thing to do.
Wolfsong

Postby FreddyCast » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:56 pm

I hope I'm not too late to join. Did I do this right?

Name: Dean Solis / Sage Blaze

Appearance: A 21 yr old Latino who wears a cap backwards and a “Death to Life” hoody. Pants always seem to be ripped from one knee. He also wears steel-toe boots. / In game, He wears a long black coat with an assassin-like hoody and a red stripe lining on the border of his hoody and on his black coat, with ancient golden writing in the red stripe. He also has a tribal tattoo above his right eyebrow going down to his Jaw line. And he wears two rings on both hands, the use of which is unknown.

Race: Tanned Human

Power: A Fire Caster. He’s able to create and manipulate fire. And he has special colored fires as well, whose abilities are unknown

Personality: The serious yet rude type, impatient with others and hot-tempered as well. He dislikes naïve and dumb people, which is why his brother always gets on his nerves. He’s cold and cunning in battle, showing no mercy to his enemies. However, he always has a soft spot for children and is willing to help those in need. He is loyal to his brother despite being mean to him.

Time: 1 year

Loyalty: NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS (Brother, be nice will ya.) Tch! My loyalty is my own. (And you’re loyal to me too, right?) Who are you again? (Ahhh brother, don’t be like that.)

Name: Trent Solis / Saint Reave

Appearance: A 20 yr old Latino who wears glasses and a buttoned Hawaiian t-shirt and brown long shorts, and black sandals. / In game, he wears a web-decorated white Armor with dark-blue lining and long shoulder plates and masculine abdomen plating. He always carries with him prayer beeds and a metallic head-band with an archaic symbol in front. He also has a tribal tattoo above his left eyebrow going down to his jaw line.

Race: Dark Elf

Power: An amazing swords man of every type of swords, from Katanas to Sabres, to long swords. You name it, with each sword having its own special ability. And he is able to use one type of sword at a time, even if he’s equipped with dual swords.

Personality: The carefree and talkative type. Always the joker and slow to anger. He’s a quick thinker, despite being such a numbskull. He’s very merciful, to point of being too trusting of others, even his enemies. However, when he is pushed too far, his darker-side manifests and only his brother can bring him back to his senses. He is loyal to his brother and too clingy.

Time: 1 year

Loyalty: My brother of course. He looks so cute with his villainy look (GET OFF ME, you’re ruining my look) Jeez, I was only hugging you. (More like smothering me) Fine then, how about a brotherly kiss. (ARRRGH)
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
My Manga Story "The Fallen Rise"
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
ROMAN CATHOLIC MARIOLATRY Series
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:51 pm

OoC: It's AWOL "Absent Without Leave" or "Absent Without Official Leave" just fyi.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:31 pm

OOC- ah, thank you. Are you wanting someone to meet you or something?

/Zara/Kiari/
Softly, Kiari stepped out onto the soft grass of the field. Overhead, the stars shone in all their splender. She turned to look up at them, her gaze surprisingly soft. Slowly, she raised her arms out beside her, then fell back. She sighed as she lay back on the grass, and stared up at the stars. So beautiful, each and every one. Sometimes she wished she had chosen to be a bird, like Hawke had, and go soaring up toward them. Of course, then she'd near the edge of the atmosphere, get dizzy, pass out, and fall and die, but it almost seemed worth it. There were so many constalations to pick out, and none of the haze of the mondern day world to block any out.
She felt a little hazy herself. life was getting nuts...and her mom was stressed. Oh, she didn't act like it, but Zara could tell. Something was going on, something her mom wasn't telling her. It worried her, since her mom usually was straight with her. She was worried sick now.
"Why can't real life be so simple?" she asked the stars. "Why can't the problems in life just be monsters, where you take a sword and finish it off? Why does life's problems have to be so hard to solve?"
She felt like crying, but didn't. That wouldn't solve anything. She inhaled sharply, then sighed. "Well...life's problems don't solve themselves. At least when things go nuts I can come here. I really should get moving, gotta prepare for tomorrow. So much to do..."
But she didn't move, just laid there, staring at the stars.
Wolfsong

Postby FreddyCast » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:05 pm

OOC- First attempt at RP in a an RPG thread EVAAAA.

Sage Blaze: So what is it you want now, Trent? Why did you force me into this ridiculous game?
Saint Reave: Brother, it’s Saint Reave, remember? I heard of this new item that can boost our powers a thousand-fold. (Sage puts his hand on his forehead and rubs it)
Sage: Not another of your crazy goose chases. Who was it this time that duped you into believing this nonsense?
Saint: Oh come on, brother. It’s in the direction of the “Wilderness”. We could find that thing you’ve been looking for this past year.
Sage: The “Wilderness”? That desolate area. What makes you so sure we’ll find anything there?
Saint: Because I also heard a dragon gem was beyond the “Wilderness”. You know, those gems we need to collect in order to get that...what was it called again?...fu...fufnu...feefny...ferfner...fofo...(Sage’s vein begins to pop up on his head in irritation)
Sage: FAFNIR!! IT’S CALLED THE FAFNIR’S EGG. YOU BRICK FOR BRAINS. (Saint isn’t surprised at his brother’s outburst)
Saint: Jeez. Alright.
Sage: I’m not interested in that ridiculous excuse for an item. I’m only interested in one thing only.
Saint: Then just come with me and we’ll kill two birds with one stone.
Sage: Fine then, but I’m taking the lead this time. Last time you got us lost for 10 hours straight. I finally figured out we were going in circle because of you. Now which direction are we going then? (Saint points above the mountain tops in dramatic fashion)
Saint: Beyond those mountains. (Sage has already started walking, leaving Saint behind)
Sage: Stop posing like an idiot and move your dark elfen butt already. (Saint realizes Sage has gone ahead of him and he scrambles to catch up)
Saint: Wait up brother Blaze. (He finally catches up to him and they walk side by side) Brother, why are you so mean to me?
Sage says without hesitation: Because you deserve it.
Saint: uh...that’s so mean. *whisper* Maybe I should have gone solo. (Sage hears his mumbling)
Sage: And yet you always follow me. Why is that I wonder?
Saint: huh...because you wouldn’t survive without me, and because we’re family, and family sticks together. (Sage smiles and tries not to laugh but can’t help himself)
Sage: I see. (Sage is still laughing)
Saint: Why are you laughing for? I’m serious. (Saint starts to make a pouty face) I knew I should have gone with Kairi. At least he seemed pretty fun. (Sage stops laughing, feeling a bit irritated at his brother;s error)
Sage: It’s Kiari. Get peoples’ names right, will you. And that Kiari character was a girl...Moron.
Saint: Really, I could have sworn Kairi was a guy. She seemed so...manly. (Sage gives a heavy sigh as he rubs his eyelids in frustration).
Sage: It’s Kiari. And how in the heck is she “manly”. Could you not tell from the skirt she was wearing and that pony-tail, and those stars around her clothing, and that all-blue color. It screams of “girly”. I swear, that all blue color gets on my nerves. She acts the innocent and friendly part, but I can see through her façade.
Saint: Brother, it’s not nice to talk bad about someone.
Sage: it’s also disrespectful to get their names wrong, you dolt.
Saint: Fine, you got me there. Let’s just concentrate on finding that rumored booster item, and the dragon gem, and your “thing”. And maybe we could eventually score that “Fafnor Shell”.
Sage: FAFNIR’S EGG. GARRRRHHHHH
(While the brothers walk off into the deserted “Wilderness”. Shadowy figures follow close behind them)
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:17 am

Wolfsong wrote:OOC- ah, thank you. Are you wanting someone to meet you or something?

OoC: Nah, I'm alright. Home internet's out till Monday-ish anyway. :sweat:
I'll try and splice myself in somewhere then.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:22 am

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji's eyes widened.
"You would really do that?" He asked incredulously. "For little old me? You are the epitome of kindness. I cannot express the depths of my gratitude. I don't know how I can ever repay the debt I would owe you should I accept such a warm-hearted sacrifice. I cannot begin to measure up to your standards of etiquette. I am such a wretch, standing in the presence of one so mighty and benevolent."
Kenji stopped a moment to recompose himself, trying to maintain his dignity. Then he looked around at the camp curiously.
"So which tent is mine?"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Banana Lobster » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:22 am

Name: Dara O’Sylf
In game: Sage Shade
Race: Kelpie
Power: A Watermaster, with control over fresh and salt water alike.
Appearance: Short, dark red hair, with one streak of black (she dyes it), silver-grey eyes, and Caucasian skin. Usually wears a dark purple, sleeveless hoodie, and jeans. Wears black wrist warmers, with the Hylian Royal Crest embroidered on.
Human form: Has wavy, dark green hair pulled back in a ponytail, violet eyes, and seashell-white skin. Wears a black cloak with a hood over a shortsleeved, sage tunic, held in place with two brown belts, brown leggings and sturdy dark brown boots. One belt is wrapped around her waist, and the other loops around her torso, from her left shoulder to her right hip.
Horse form: A dark green mane and tail, with smooth, seashell-white skin. When in horse form, the icon that shows she’s not an NPC doesn’t show up, a small glitch that was told to one of the mods before they went missing. Very few people aside from the mods know about this alternate form.
Personality: A quiet girl, who can get quite random when you get to know her, with a love for numbers.
In game: Extremely loyal to her friends, which are few. Strangers are viewed with a slight degree of hostility
Loyalty: Herself
Equipment: A large, black scythe, almost twice as tall as she is, and two-also black-daggers. A brown belt pouch that is enchanted to hold more then it should, and a silver amulet hanging around her neck that is enchanted to help ward off thieves. The amulet only works about half the time though.
Banana Lobster

Postby Banana Lobster » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:45 am

Dara

'Finally, I'm done.' Dara pushed her chair away from her desk, but not before putting her homework away for the night. 'Now I can go play Infinite-'

"Dara, dinner!"

'-right after dinner.' Dara sighed and pulled her hand away from the game console. "Coming Mom!" She thumped down the stairs two at a time, her empty water bottle in hand.

After having tacos with her parents, she filled the bottle and headed back up to her room. Her mother had been worried when she found out that Dara had once gone for more then three hours without even a drink of water, and had since insisted that she always have at least a bottle of water nearby when she played so she wouldn't get dehydrated.

Dropping the bottle next to her as she flopped down on the bed, she logged on.

Sage Shade

Shaking her head, it took Shade a moment to remember where she was. Looking around, she saw fish, coral, and a shark, which promptly attempted to eat her. Gently nudging the water around her to push the shark away was easy, and she trotted off in search of some seaweed. While she munched on some dark green seaweed, she came closer to the harbor mouth, and she took a moment to look up at all the boats above her.

Swallowing the last of her snack, she shook her mane, and focused on the transformation. Slowly at first, then more quickly, her body changed from that of a mare, to a teenage girl. Gathering the waters around her, she used her power to propel herself upwards, until she was standing on top of the sea surf next to one of the docks.

Several of the sailors nodded to her as she walked past. This was not the first time she had entered town from beneath the waves, and they were used to it. She calmly made her way through the streets to the nearest shop, where she could get some extra supplies before looking for work.
Banana Lobster

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:28 pm

/Zara/Kiari/
"Hawke?"
Silence over the cell. "Yeah?"
"Well, I was thinking...if you're not doing anything right now, would you mind pulling an all-nighter? Everyone says there's no time like nighttime to play. You meet all sorts of people that way."
Long silence over the phone. "Are you alright, Zara?"
She sighed. "Not really. Something's come up and...I need to get out. I need to go do something, or I'm going to go crazy."
Even longer silence over the phone. "Wanna talk about it?"
She shook her head, though she knew he couldn't see. "No, not yet...so you up for it?"
"Give me five minutes."

"I'm glad you can fly," Kiari remarked to Hawke, as he soared over the barren wastelands. "I sure wouldn't want to be tangling with the stuff down there."
This was what most people simply called "The Wilderness", a dangerous area filled to the brim with high-level monsters and heaven knew what else. Only the bravest, or the most idiotic, ventured here. Rumor also had it that some of the hacker's leftover "messes" had been deposited here, and no one was entirely sure what that would do. Whatever you hear, whatever you want to believe, just know that the place is the most dangerous palce you could go to.
She was quiet, eyes focused on the ground below. Then she pulled the map from her inventory, the one both she and Hawke had decided to try for first. "Now, supposedly, the Dragon Ruby is in the deepest part of the Wilderness," she told him. "Around the lair of the Slarg. Now, I'm assuming that'll be some high level boss, a 90L maybe? Probably very scary too. I'm glad we brought...what is it?"
Hawke was nodding his head toward something on the groud below. But no matter how Kiari squinted, she couldn't make it out. "I haven't hawk eyes," she said. "Can you go lower?"
Slowly, she found she could make out two figures, guys she remembered with a grimace. "Saint and Sage! What are those idiots doing here?!" she demanded. She was more than certain those two, or just the first one maybe, were trolls. Her last encounter with them had left her in no hurry to renew their acquaintence. "I'll bet their after the gem! Hurry Hawke!" she exclaimed. "We can't let them beat us! We just can't!"

/Rowan/Caesar/
He mentally facepalmed. Idiot...why, why was he stuck with such an....
Caesar smiled in a good-natured fashion, the manner of a good host. "We happen to have a spare at the moment," he said. "The last owner...lets just say he's in no condition to have further need of it. I will have someone help you set up. Slade!"
"Yes sir?" a huge man came running over. An NPC, named Slade, the current leader of this roving band, under Caesar of course. "What do you want?"
Rough all the way through. No manners or anything at all. Hopeless case.
"We have a guest for tonight," Caesar told him. "Have someone set up the spare, and get this man settled." He motioned to Kenji. "Be quick about it. I want this guy outta my hands for the night at least." Then he turned back to Kenji. "Have a pleasant rest." and he walked back to his tent.
Tired, he was so very tired. But he didn't feel like quiting or logging out. Not yet. Not like he had anything to go back to yet anyway. It was night after all. This was the best time for...things.
Smiling to himself, he began sifting though various gems in his possesion. One of them...not a dragon gem, but still a very interesting item indeed.

/Carter/Valerian/
The cabin air became stuffy after a while. Deciding he would go out for some fresher air, he left the room and came on deck. There were some people aboard, either watching the sea or being sick. Some kelpie went by, and he watched them with interest. The ship suddenly rocked, and he stumbled into one of the passengers. "I'm sorry," he said quickly, regaining his balance. "This is...quite unsteady, isn't it?"
Wolfsong

Postby FreddyCast » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:15 pm

OOC- Forgive me for doing this Wolfsong. But I couldn't help myself.

Sage Blaze & Saint Reave

(As the brothers walk ever deeper into the “Wilderness”, the brothers notice they’re being followed)
Saint: Uhh, brother Blaze.
Sage: Yes Reave, what is it?
Saint: There are some guys following us for some reason.
Sage: I’ve noticed them as well. Ignore them.
Saint: But brother, they’re getting closer, one of them looks like they’re about to attack us.
Sage: I see. Well then...(Sage stops and turns around to face the unknown group. Saint does the same.) Let’s entertain ourselves.
Saint: Go easy on them. They don’t look like much. (Orcs wielding cleavers and axes come out from hiding and surround the brothers. Saint addresses the enemy)
Saint: WHAT IS IT YOU WANT?
Orc Leader: Your Ring of Phoenix, give it back to us. (Saint looks over at Sage’s left hand)
Saint: Brother I think they mean that ring you have right there. Did you take it from them?
Sage: Why does it matter? The ring is mine now.
Orc Leader: GIVE IT BACK TO US!! (All the orcs shout in unison)
Sage: His voice is annoying. I think I’ll silence it for him. (Sage moves forward)
Saint: Brother, wait...(He stretches out his arm to stop him, but he can’t)
Sage: You want this ring? (He puts his hand infront and clenches his hand into a fist) Here.
Saint: Brother!!!
Sage: PHOENIX BLAZE (He moves with lightning speed, leaving a trail of fire in his path and punching the Orc straight in the face, knocking him out cold)
Sage: What? So you don’t want the ring after all? (Sage grins and aims his gaze at the rest of the orcs. All the Orcs look on in terror.)
Orc soldier: You can have it. Please just let us go. (The orcs turn to run away)
Sage: Aww, but it was just getting fun. (Sage puts on an evil smile, reveling the moment) PHOENIX BLAZE... (Saint looks on as his brother takes the orcs out with horrific ease. Then Sage comes back to meet Saint)
Sage: Lets go Reave. There’s nothing for us here. (Sage walks pass by Saint and returns to the path they were taking. Saint follows behind)
Saint: That was a bit overkill brother. You know that ring of yours drains your energy like a sponge.
Sage: It’s fine, I just wanted to use it again. Besides, what would you have me do?
Saint: Show a bit of mercy for once.
Sage: Grow up, my naïve brother. Mercy only gets you killed.
Saint: NO, mercy gets you friends and allies.
Sage: Really? And just where is your friends and allies.
Saint: I....
Sage: Face it brother, in this cruel world, you have to be cruel in order to survive.
Saint: Jeez, you take things to seriously. Just chiiiiiiilllllllll. (Saint grabs a hold of Sage’s shoulders)
Sage: What are you doing?
Saint: Giving you a message to relax you a bit. (Sage shoves his brother's arms off him and turns to confront him)
Sage: Enough! Stop fooling around. (Saint looks behind Sage seeing something terrifying)
Saint: Uh...brother. (He begins to point with his trembling finger behind Sage)
Sage: What? (Following his brother’s shaking finger, he turns around and sees a terrifying monster)
ImageLINK
Saint: It’s...It’s... (Knowing full well what Saint is about to say, Sage protests)
Sage: DON’T YOU DARE SAY IT.
Saint:................IT’S GODZILLAAAAAAAAAAAA (Sage kicks his brother down to the ground)
Sage: IDIOT! It’s a “Gila Beast”! Now call down “Divine Judgment” with your prayer beeds and get rid of this nuisance.
Saint: Oww that hurt. Right I got it. (He lays down on his knees to pray) Divine Demiurge, bring down your wrath upon our enemies. LIGHTNING OF THE FALL (“reference to Lucifer’s Fall to the earth like lightning from heaven”)
(The sky gives out a big bang and a flash of lightning, but no lightning comes down)
Sage: Brother, did you do it? Where’s the “Divine Judgment”? WHERE’S THE LIGHTNING? (Saint looks up and sees a strange object falling down from the sky)
Saint: Uhhh...I think it hit that.
Sage: HIT WHAT? (Sage looks all over the sky but sees nothing) I DON’T SEE ANYTHING.
(Saint looks closer at the falling object)
Saint: Is that.....Kairi?
Sage: FOR THE LAST TIME, IT’S KIARI!!! (Sage looks straight up above his head and realizes he can’t get out of the way, so he puts his arms in front of him to shield him from the incoming impact) IT’S KIARIIIIIIIII.......
(CRASH) (Both Sage, Kiari, and Hawke lay on the ground in a big mess. All of them have spirals for eyes :dizzy: )

To be continued..... :D :D :D
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:05 pm

OOC: Is that what you PM'd me about, Wolf? Is Meeka the passenger?
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:36 am

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji heaved an exaggerated sigh as the man walked away, resisting the urge to follow him. It had been quite awhile since he'd had so much fun trying to annoy someone, and this guy was proving to be quite the challenge. However, it was getting late, and real life called. He'd bed down for the night and be back bright and early the next morning. Maybe his new friend could direct him to the leader of his merry band so Kenji could go about trying to figure out how to join up.
Kenji looked doubtfully at his new caretaker. This fellow didn't look any fun at all. Not only was he an NPC, but he was gruff and unsophisticated, not the type Kenji would enjoy spending much time with at all. Kenji shrugged, then began pouring a stream of nonsensical and haphazard chattering at Slade as he followed him to his tent.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Sage Shade

"That'll be 20 gold coins." Shade dug into her belt pouch and pulled out a money bag, from which she emptied the arranged amount. Taking the food supplies, she put them in her pouch as well as the money bag, walking away from the stall.

'Now then, now that I have the necessary supplies, where to start....' The sound of marching feet caught her attention, and she pulled up her hood with one hand, hiding her face in shadow, her other hand dropping to one of her daggers, attached to her belt. As her hand touched the leather handle, she remembered she needed to find some more daggers, two probably wouldn't be enough if she got caught up in this war.

Ducking into a nearby alleyway, she made her way through the shadows to the edge of town. By the time she reached the outskirts, the solders were already inside, so she merely had to walk out along the dirt road to escape. 'Hmph. Even for NPCs, that was easy. Must be the 'Death' look, with the scythe and cloak.' She smirked. The fact that her cloak and main weapon made her look like such an infamous person was merely chance, but chance that had kept others away. Most thought that someone who chose to look like Death wouldn't be a good traveling partner, and she could hardly blame them.

'Hmm...maybe the IFF will have some easy jobs for me. I might as well start my search for work there.'
Banana Lobster

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:53 pm

OOC- that's right Koneko. Have fun!
Freddy, I'm not sure whether to laugh or hate you. ;)

/Zara/Kiari/
Despite the unexpected blow which sent them crashing to the ground, Kiari recovered quickly and sat up, which ended in her rolling off of Sage and on her face in the dust. Coughing, she gets back up again. Hawke had returned to human form, but even then his wings were terribly crumpled. Choking on the dust of disintegrated plants, she turned to him. "You...alright...cough!"
"Not...ack, really." He struggled to an upright position, but his wings were still horribly bent. "I don't suppose you'd do something?"
Then Kiari noticed where she was...and who she was with. Not to mention the huge lizard nearby. "Of all the times...ugh!" she hurriedly used her healing power to fix his wings. They sagged painfully for a few moments, then, when Hawke experimently opened them, they unfolded smoothly and shone with brilliance once more.
"Thank you!" he said, then turned to face the Gila. "Well, I guess the stories about this place were true," he commented. "That one...I'd guestimate 89L at least."
"I suppose we have you to thank for this?" Kiari remarked angrily at Sage and Saint, then sighed and relented, even to helping Sage back onto his feet. "Ah, heck, we'll help if you want it but jeez! Watch it okay?" Then she turned to face the Gila Beast. "So...giant lizard. Best guesses as to its weakness?"

/Rowan/Caesar/
"Bring up Issalidor."
The diamond in his hand glowed, and an image appeared within. A tall man, white hair, whie eyes, white clothes, almost blindingly white, was seated in a dark chamber, holding a similar diamond. Glancing at it, Caesar saw himself inside.
"You're rather late," Issalidor, or simply Issa, said, his voice hinting at annoyance.
"I was detained. I now have, through some misfortune, an unpredictable in my camp."
Issa nodded understandly. "But they are an amusing sort of people."
"So long as they keep out of my way. Issa, have you seen any signs of Cyrano?"
"Negative. He seems to have vanished as thoroughly as the mods."
Caesar bit his lip, quite frustrated. "That man is a bloody nuisance!" he exclaimed in an unusual display of temper. "Every time we think we've marked him, he's gone! Like the bloody mist, he's bloody gone!"
Issa raised an eyebrow at this unusual venomence. "He's an old player, and knows the secrets of the game well, perhaps better than the mods themselves. Rumor also has it that our men near Central City disppeared suddenly, leaving everything behind. There's no sign of a fight, nor anything living save horses. I have men looking into this."
"Don't bother," Caesar said wearily. Boy, he wasn't sleeping well lately..."Don't even collect the supplies. Let the merchents have them. They work hard too, after all."
Now Issa, of all people, looked concerned. "Master Regal, are you truly well?"
"Master Regal! Master Regaaaaaaaaaaah!"
Caesar whirled around to see the man fall into his tent, impaled by a javilon. "Well," he remarked to the gem. "We now know where Cyrano is." He dimmed the gem, drew his rapier and left the tent.
All around him, chaos was building. Everywhere his men were falling, torn down by humans, elves, dragonlings and more. Some, seeing him leave the tent, were coming for him right now. Fight or flight...the tent behind him burst into flame, and more soldiers became visible in the light.
"Well, that's that. This camp's dust." He feigned fear and ran around the flaming tent. At the last second, while he was invisible to them, he dove straight into the flaming mass, in the small clear area on the ground. Stifling as it was, he stayed low and watched the group run past, having missed viewing his dodge. Softly, he exited the tent once again, barely avoiding being burned and buried as the tent collapsed, and headed for the picketline where the horses were kept. If he was lucky, there'd still be some there.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:24 pm

OOC: Thanks, Wolfie! Your the best!

Meeka gasped softly as someone bumped into her. She turned her head and gazed at him for a second, studying him then smiles "No no, it's okay, you just startled me, that's all." Meeka glanced at the young man again, chuckling softly "Yes! It is isn't it? It can be rather calming at times." it was silent for a moment until Meeka decided to break the ice "I'm Meeka Ampora. Pleased to meet you!" She smiles widely at him.

OOC: Short for now! Just getting started. C:
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:39 pm

/Carter/Valerian/
He smiled back, surprised by her positive response. "I'm Valerian. Equally pleased." He glanced over the moving waters, saying, "May I ask what you are doing here, on this voyage? We're headed to lands unknown...what will you do when you start?"
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Meeka looked down at her hands holding on to the edge. "Well, I think I'm going to.." Then she came to the realization that she could not remember (She has a bad memory sometimes)and furrowed her eyebrows but then put on a light and happy expression as it came back "Oh! I remember now, sorry my memory is terrible sometimes. I think I'm going to visit a small shop of ours and go get supplies and items, maybe some other things that'll come back to me." She smiled "How about you? What are you doing, Valerian?" She found Valerian to be friendly and polite.

OOC: Is that okay? I can change where's she going if you'd like, I wasn't quite sure. ^^

Koneko-chan

Postby FreddyCast » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:32 pm

OOC- Forgive me, Wolfsong, if I overstepped my bounds when using your characters. I certainly didn't want to do anything that was uncharacteristic of your characters. In the future, I will not do this again without your permission and approval. Same goes with everyone who participates in my mis-adventures.

Sage Blaze, Saint Reave, Kiari, & Hawke

(Saint runs to Sage’s side, concerned for his brother)
Saint: Brother, are you alright?
Sage: I’m fine, Reave. I’m just need to get my balance, is all.
Kiari: So, any ideas? (She stands firm as she doesn’t take her eyes off of the Gila Beast)
Sage: Yeah, I have one. (Sage approaches Kiari with a sinister intent)
Saint: Brother, what are you doing? (As Sage reaches Kiari from behind, he puts his right hand on Kiari’s left shoulder)
Sage: Would you mind standing here? I wouldn’t want you getting in my way. (Kiari is surprised that Sage would touch her unexpectedly)
Sage: Freeze! (Kiari remains paralyzed)
Hawke: KIARI!!!
Kiari: Wha...what did you do to me? (Hawke comes to Kiari’s aid)
Sage: Freeze!!! (With just a touch Hawke is frozen in place)
Kiari: How are you doing this? (Kiari’s anger swells)
Sage: The Ring of Paralization. It’s a little gift I obtained back in the Lair of the Twin Medusas. (He flaunts the ring in his right hand)
Saint protests: Brother, stop this. They only want to help.
Kiari: N...not anymore we don’t. (Struggles to move, but can’t)
Sage: We didn’t ask for their help. This monster is ours.
Saint: But how are we supposed to stop it. We don’t even know its weaknesses. (Sage lifts up his left hand, intending to use the Ring of Phoenix)
Sage: Then we’ll bash it until we find one. (Sage walks towards the Gila Beast) PHOENIX BLAZE (He hits the Gila Beast on it’s side, but the monster is unfazed and whips his spiked tail at Sage, sending him flying and crashing to the ground)
SAINT: BROTHER!!! (Sage limps back up to his feet)
Sage: Gah...that attack did nothing. (The Gila Beast charges at Sage. Sage readies himself to stop the monster’s charge. He puts his hands in front of him with palms wide open) PILLAR OF DIVINE FLAMES
LINK
(A Pillar of Flames shoots forth from the ground and the Gila Beast rams into the pillar, yet the flames do not engulf the monster, but instead the monster breaks through the pillar with brute force)
Sage: What? This is bad. (The Gila beast keeps charging and rams into Sage as he attempts to block the monster’s attack using his flaming hands as a shield)
LINK
Saint: Brother, I’m coming. (Saint takes a step forward, but is stopped by Sage’s protest)
Sage: NO!!! Stay where you are and protect those two popsicles.
Kiari: HEY, WE’RE NOT POPSICLES. AND I HOPE THAT MONSTER EATS YOU ALIVE. (Sage smiles at Kiari’s outburst)
Sage: You know, that’s a great idea.
Saint: What? Are you mad? (As Sage holds off the beast with his flaming hands he shouts an incantation)
Sage: Dragons of the eternal flames, lend me your burning sight unquenched. (Sage’s eyes turn bright yellow and his iris transforms into the iris of a dragon) DRAGON FLARE (A blinding light shoots forth from his transformed eyes, blinding the beast and giving Sage the chance to escape the beast’s rampage. He appears from behind the beast a few distance away)
Sage: I didn’t want to do this. But there’s no way I can crack through the Beast’s scaled armor from the outside. (Sage takes off his black coat and upper clothing and speaks another incantation) Martyrs of Courage and Bravery give me the strength to endure the sufferings of Hell Fire (He takes his last stand as the Gila Beast turns around and stampedes towards Sage)
Sage: SACRIFICIAL FLAMES
LINK
(Sage addresses his brother Saint Reave)
Sage: REAVE, SHIELD KIARI AND HAWKE NOW.
Saint: Right, brother. (Saint moves in front of Kiari and calls forth a sword of protection) SWORD OF HECTOR, COME TO ME NOW AND SHIELD THOSE IN NEED. (A glowing sphere of protection bursts forth from the sword and engulfs Saint, Kiari and Hawke)
(The heat emitting from Sage’s body engulfed in flames stops the Gila Beast’s stampede, but instead the monster opens up his mouth and prepares to chomp on Sage)
Sage: THAT’S IT COME TO DADDY!!! (Sage laughs a maniacal laugh, enjoying every moment of this horrific scene. The Gila Beast then eats Sage alive)
SAINT: BROTHER!!! (The monster soon afterwards turns its sight on Saint and the others and begins to stampede towards their direction) Here he comes.
Kiari: DO SOMETHING. DON’T JUST STAND THERE. (Kiari yells at Saint as she stuggles to move her paralyzed body)
(Suddenly the Gila Beast stops a few feet from Saints position. It’s starts groaning in pain as flames start to shoot forth from it’s belly. Then it explodes like a bomb, engulfing the whole area in flames with chunks of flesh splashing all around. In the middle of the explosion Sage’s figure appears)
Sage: That beast had a real bad case of indigestion (Sage says this with a smirk on his face)
Saint: Brother, you’re ok!! (The glowing sphere of protection dissipates)
Sage: Of course I am. I’m always ok. (Sage feels proud of himself. Saint then turns around to address Kiari)
Saint: Oh that’s right. Are you ok, Kiari? (He sees a smudge of the beast’s blood on Kiari’s face)
Saint: Uh...let me get that for ya. (He wipes away the stain with his thumb.) There, all better. (Saint gives a smile, yet realizes that Kiari’s face has turned red, but it disappears just as soon as it appeared. And unknown to Saint, the paralization effect has worn off on Kiari and he’s caught off guard with a kick to his :dizzy: “DING DONG” :dizzy: , falling to his knees in unbearable pain.) :D
Kiari: Don’t you dare think that just because you protected me, that I’ve forgotten what you did to me in the sky, with your stupid “lightning”. (As Sage is putting on his black coat, totally not caring what just happened to Saint, Kiari confronts and calls out to him)
Kiari: AND YOU!!!!.....YOU SICK EXCUSE OF A PERSON. JUST WHAT KIND OF A MONSTER ARE YOU TO FREEZE ME AND HAWKE LIKE THAT. (Sage responds in a calm, uncaring, & cold demeanor)
Sage: The kind of monster that kills human-slaughtering monsters. (Kiari can’t control her rage anymore)
Kiari: YOU!!! (Kiari punches Sage to the ground) :D
Kiari: Come on, Hawke! Let’s leave these two morons to rot here in the “Wilderness”. We got business to attend to.
Hawke: Understood, Kiari. (Kiari mounts on top of Hawke and they both leave, flying way up high into the sky)
(Sage still on the ground sits up and laughs the whole thing off. Saint limps towards his brother and lends him a hand, picking him up from the ground)
Saint: She’s a real firecracker.
Sage: She’s none of our concern.
Saint: But it was our fault she got into this mess. We should have apologized.
Sage: Like I said, she’s none of our concern.
Saint: But there is one thing that worries me.
Sage: And what is that?
Saint: You! I remember a philosopher once said “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you”. And what I saw today was two monsters fighting to the death. (Sage counters Saint’s warning)
Sage: Me, a monster you say? I remember that philosopher. The difference between me and him is that, the abyss had long gazed into his life. And it now imprisons him within its bowls. But I am not a prisoner of the abyss, for I have overcome it. You see a monster, but what I see is divine indignation.
Saint: Divine indignation? More like revelry in the chaos of destruction.
Sage: Enough of this. Let’s keep moving. (Saint realizes he forgot to mention something)
Saint: Oh, hey brother, one more thing. (He takes out a map from behind his belt)
Sage: What is it Reave?
Saint: I found this map lying on the ground nearby. It seems like it shows the general location of the dragon gems. And look here, the Dragon Ruby is nearby here, in a place called “the Lair of Slarg”.
Sage: Let me see that. (Sage studies the map carefully, memorizing it on to his mind) Good, now all that’s left is to do this. (He burns the map with flames from his hands)
Saint protests: BROTHER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? THAT MAP HAD VALUABLE INFORMATION ON THE DRAGON GEMS.
Sage: We don’t need a crumpled up piece of parchment anymore. I know where we need to go.
Saint: But, that map, it could have belonged to Kiari.
Sage: Really? Too bad for her, she should really be careful with her items. One never knows if someone might end up burning something important to them.
Saint: You really are cruel, you know that brother. (Saint is displeased with Sage’s mean behavior)
Sage: Tch! Grow Up.
Saint: I have. It seems you haven’t.
Sage: Is that a challenge?
Saint: Don’t test me, brother. Or I’ll show you what a true monster is like. (Sage doesn’t take his brother’s threat lightly)
Sage: Fine then, brother Reave. I’ll be more “considerate” of others.
Saint: There is more of you that needs to change.
Sage: Hahahaha, I see. (The brothers keep walking along their path straight to the “Lair of Slarg”) Then I’ll make a proper apology to Kiari. If that map truly was hers, then she’s heading in the same direction as us. (Sage grins a little) This should be fun. (Saint gives a concerned look towards his brother Sage)

To be continued..... :cool:
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:45 pm

OOC: Hey, look at that, I'm back. And I wasn't AWOL, I gave plenty of notice and got a leave.

Aeon had been sitting still and quiet in his cabin, feeling the gentle swaying of the boat, for so long that he had almost fallen asleep. He was brought back to awareness by a beeping sound in his ear. It was an electric, high-pitch beeping, and he knew it wasn't a sound effect from the game because it was completely out of the setting. He opened his system menu and went to his messages folder. He had adjusted his settings so that, if he was logged in, E-mails, messages to his phone, and any other form of contact would be signaled to him in-game.
The alert was telling him that he had a message on his phone, and he quickly navigated through the menu and logged out.

Jean opened his eyes and scooted his chair away from the computer. His phone was sitting on the desk, a green light blinking on it, and he picked it up and looked at what it said.
"New message from Ida" is what displayed, and Jean touched it, prompting the phone to begin the message. It was a voicemail, so Jean waited quietly as it began to play. The voice that came through his speakers was that of a woman, slightly younger than him by the sound of it. What she said was:

"Aeon, listen closely. We may have found something, I can't be sure. Me and Ralen were looking around and we found some old pieces of paper, it looked like some kind of contract. Most of it was ineligible, but we did find a few words, and from what we could guess, we think it's related. One of the words seemed to be a name. I'll tell you the rest as soon as I can, meet me at..."

The voice went on to list the name of a location that could only be found inside Infinite. Jean looked at a large world ma he had pinned to his wall, and found that the point he would arrive at from the ship was at least on the same continent as where the meeting was arranged. Jean looked down to his phone, listened the the message a few more times until he had it memorized, then deleted it from his phone. He sat back down in front of his computer and logged back in.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:15 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji looked up with a start, just as he was about ready to log off. What was that commotion? It sounded like war had broken loose outside. What kind of insane people would be fighting at this hour? Oh wait, that was fairly normal, wasn't it? Kenji shrugged.
Ah, well he thought. I didn't really want to log off anyhow. I've got plenty of time left.
Kenji thought of practicing with his katana for awhile, but when he pulled up the tent flap and saw the utter chaos, he thought better of it and kept his knives equipped. This seemed like a time to stick with what he knew he could handle. On exiting the tent, Kenji found himself in the midst of a conflict, and yanked his head back as a blade whizzed past his face, whistling as it's owner deftly dodged a spear attack from his opponent. Kenji stood and watched the sparring match for a few moments, shaking his head sympathetically when the spear-wielder was cut down. But as the man with the sword turned to Kenji, he realized he was no longer a spectator, and quickly ducked around the corner of the tent. He heard the soldier yell as he barreled around the corner after him, and with a flick of his wrist Kenji sent a dagger flying toward him. The attacker didn't have time to dodge, and the knife planted itself in his chest. Kenji opened his palm, and the dagger shot back to him, as if in rewind.
Horses, Kenji reasoned. As much as he would have liked to stick around and have fun with everyone, he didn't really care to die here. He figured his best bet was to find a horse and get out of there as quickly as possible. He tried to feel guilty for stealing a horse from the group who had shown him such hospitality, but he just couldn't manage it.
Kenji waited a moment, nodding with satisfaction when he heard horses whinnying. He started in the direction of the sound, dodging the fighting and trying to avoid conflict himself. However, it was kind of hard to avoid the shaggy beast that launched itself straight at him, and he grunted as it's full weight landed on him, throwing him to the ground. He struggled for his daggers, but his arms were pinned. Instead he pulled his knees in, shoving upward into the animal's abdomen with his legs. He didn't have the strength or leverage to send it flying, but he did manage to shove it's weight off of him and catch it off guard enough to get back to his feet. The creature - some sort of dog/pig/spider/mole hybrid that he couldn't identify - stalked back and forth, looking for an opening. Kenji wasn't about to give him one, though, and he turned with the beast so he was always facing it. Leaving his daggers sheathed, Kenji held up his hand, shooting a virtual flame in the animal's general direction. This kind of attack was always tricky. He had to look like he was trying to hit his target, but if he actually did, as soon as it realized it was just an illusion the jig was up. The best approach was to aim at the animal and let it dodge. Either way, Kenji knew he had to make this fast. He didn't like having his focus locked on one opponent for too long, especially in this kind of chaos.
The...dog...jumped out of the way, looking a bit unnerved it the sudden attack. It had thought it was taking on a wimpy dagger-wielder, and was caught off guard when it realized it was fighting a mid-level fire mage. The animal ignored the knives, instead focusing on the open hand, anticipating the next attack.
Kenji launched another set of virtual fireballs, observing the beast's movements. Satisfied, he shot a final fireball, then whipped out a dagger with his free hand and threw it at the spot he knew the animal's heart would be when it landed. The dog-thing snarled as it saw the dagger, but in midair, it had no way of avoiding the attack, and it yelped in pain as the knife found it's mark.
Kenji ran for the horses, determined not to get caught up in another fight. He managed fairly well, fending off the occasional attacker. When he finally found the horses, he noticed a figure heading the same direction, and brightened when he recognized him.
"Mr. Mystery!" He waved. "Good to see you're still in one piece. I hope your boss doesn't mind if I borrow one of your horses." He smiled sheepishly as he began untying one of the horses.

OOC: Hope this is okay, Wolf. If you're sick of Kenji, Caesar can just knock him off. :lickbash:
ClaecElric4God

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying