Infinite Powers

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Infinite Powers

Postby Oddood198 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:49 am

Lydia sighed again, Sage knew the area better than she did, and this wouldn't have been the first time that rumors circulating among players would prove false. "Well, that's a little disappointing." She said. She looked up at Sage, and saw she was moving her hand around in the stream, except... was the water forming shapes? Lydia stepped closer and watched carefully, and saw that it wasn't her eyes playing tricks on her; the water was moving in the air.
She looked at Sage, a bit wide-eyed, "Are you doing that?" She asked, then, without waiting for an answer, "That's so cool! I've never actually met someone with water magic before!"
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Sage Shade

"That's probably because most prefer fire instead." Shade shrugged, "Their loss, really." Narrowing her eyes slightly in concentration, Shade turned the next burst of spray into an egg, that hatched into a roaring dragon before dispersing.
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Lydia watched in childlike wonder as Sage continued to manipulate the water, even into a dragon hatching from an egg. That reminded her that her time would be better spent searching for the Dragon Gems, but...
"That is, seriously, so cool!" She exclaimed, looking back to Sage with lit up eyes, "That's the coolest thing I've ever seen! My only ability is Beast Taming. I can Tame almost anything, but I can't do much else... But this water magic is just so, so... cool!"
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Sage Shade

Seeing Lydia's almost childlike fascination with the manipulated spray, Shade smirked. "Most say fire magic is more powerful then water magic," she commented, returning her attention to the water, creating more and more complicated shapes, such as gryphons and other mythological creatures.
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Lydia scoffed, "That's just stupid," She said, "it's just basic logic, even science, that water would be stronger than fire." She knelt down by the river and started watching the water more closely, grinning almost ear to ear at the sight of all the creatures that Sage was making of it.
Oddood198

Postby FreddyCast » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:33 pm

Sage Blaze and Saint Reave

(Sage and Saint have gone deeper into the “Wilderness” and have entered a new unknown area. It is heavily forested with weird plant foliage and huge trees as tall as skyscrapers)

Saint: Brother Blaze, where are we? (Saint looks around confused and amazed at the huge and exotic plant life)
Sage: It seems we’ve arrived at a new location. The more important question is, where is this booster item you mentioned? Did your informant mention anything other than a vague direction?
Saint: Uh? Well.... (Saint puts his hand behind his neck and rubs the back of his neck, unsure of what to say and nervously laughing. Sage looks back at Saint surprised that Saint knows nothing else than a vague direction)
Sage: You’re kidding me? (Sage turns forward, not wanting to see Saint’s face because if he did he’d probably lose his temper and attack Saint mercilessly) I knew this was nothing but a goose chase. (Sage sighs heavily)
Saint: Brother....I’m sorry... (Saint feels sad and ashamed that he tricked Sage into joining him on a hopeless treasure hunt)
Sage: Well, it wasn’t all for not. I did earn the “Gila Beast Armor” and you gained the “Fist of Slarg”. They’ll be useful to us one day.
Saint: What should we do now, brother?
Sage: Let’s just find a place to rest. There must be a town or village nearby. There has to be.
(The brothers keep walking among the exotic plant life until something catches Saint’s eyes)
Saint: Ooooh, brother look!! That plant over there is so huge and beautiful. I wonder if we can extract any goods from it. (Saint runs over to the unknown plant)
Sage: REAVE WAIT, DON’T GET NEAR THAT THING, IT’S....(Before Sage can warn his brother, the unknown plant comes alive and attacks Saint)
ImageLINK

Saint: Wha, wha, wha, whaahhhhhhh *CHOMP* (The monstrous plant bites Saint's head and doesn’t let go of him, but instead whirls him up in the air while Saint struggles to free his head from the plant monster’s mouth)
Sage: It’s a carnivorous plant life. That idiot just ran up to it without even thinking. (Sage can hear Saint’s muffled screams from within the plant monster’s mouth)
Saint: Mahphabwabfumunupha (His voice is inaudible to Sage, yet he understands completely what Saint is saying)
Sage: Alright, I’ll get you out of there. Just stop squirming, will ya? Gosh, you’re such a pain.
(Sage creates fire from under the roots of the plant monster and quickly spreads up to the stem and reaches the head, engulfing the plant monster entirely in flames. The plant monster then opens up its mouth, freeing Saint from its grasp, and collapses to the ground while Saint falls a few feet from the air to the ground)
Saint: Ooooouuuuuuch. I twisted my ankle. (Sage walks over to Saint with a displeased look on his face)
Sage: You fell down from quite a high distance. That’s what you get for being such a dunderhead. Next time, be more cautious and aware of your surroundings. Everything in the “Wilderness” is meant to kill strangers like you and me.
Saint: Sorry, brother. I’m just causing more problems for you.
Sage: YOU SURE ARE!! You’re like a thorn in my side. (Sage sees that Saint is struggling to get up and is injured from his neck area. So he lays him down on the ground)
Saint: Brother, what are...
Sage: Stay still and lay down for a while. I don’t have any healing spells, but I got this first aid kit with me. (Sage patches Saints neck injuries, and as he is patching up Saint’s sprained ankle he has a smile on his face as he is reminiscing of the past when Sage and Saint were kids and Sage would always be patching up Saint’s scratches and bruises)
Saint: Brother, why are you smiling?
Sage: Things never change. (He looks at Saint still smiling) I’m always having to fix you up when you do something foolish....There, all done. (Sage finishes patching up Saint) Come on get up. (He helps Saint back to his feet, and they both start walking back on their path with Saint having one arm around Sage’s shoulders as he limps on one foot)
Saint: Brother, I’m sorry....
Sage: Stop saying you’re sorry all the time.
Saint: Sorry! (Sage sighs heavily)
Sage: Just don’t go off running towards suspicious objects next time, alright?
Saint: Sure thing, brother. Were you really concerned for me? I mean you insisted on giving me first aid, and you were smiling to. I knew you had a soft side.
Sage: Don’t ever speak of it again? (Saint starts teasing Sage)
Saint: Eh, I knew your “tough guy” look and villainy persona was all just a front to hide your real self. Admit it, you were really worried for me. (Saint begins to lean on Sage a lot closer and pokes his cheek with his finger) Ah, ah, ah, admit it! (Sage grabs a hold of one of Saint’s pointy ears and twists it) OWOWOWOWOWOW
Sage: Didn’t I tell you not speak of it ever again?
Saint: OK, OK, OK, I’ll stop? (Sage let’s go of Saint’s ear) Jeez, you’re such a mood killer.
Sage: Keep acting silly and I’ll drop you right here and leave you for the plant monsters.
Saint: Humph! (Saint makes a pouty face)
Sage: And you’re right, I did. (Saint looks at Sage surprised at his admission) Now shut up about it! (Saint has a slight smile on his face)
(As the brothers keep on walking, they see a village straight ahead)
Saint: Brother, you see that.
Sage: Yes, I see it. Finally, a place we can rest at.

To be continued....

Random conversation by Sage Blaze and Saint Reave:

Saint: Brother, why is it you only use Fire as your weapon? Why don’t you use another element? Ooh, I know, like water magic, for example.
Sage: Water??? Water magic is for sissies. Fire is the greatest element there is. Fire preserves life and takes it away. Fire illuminates the way and drives away the dark. Fire consumes and purifies. It is the most sought after element. (Sage clenches his right hand in front of his face with a serious and determined look on his face) And I intend to learn all there is to know about the secrets of the Fire Element.
Saint: Hmmm... I see. Just don’t tell the water users that they’re sissies. They might hold a grudge against you, brother.
Sage: Tch!! Like, I would care anything about the hurt feelings of sissies. Let them hold a grudge against me. They’ll only get burned in the end.
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
My Manga Story "The Fallen Rise"
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
ROMAN CATHOLIC MARIOLATRY Series
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:07 pm

OOC- character accepted Freddy.
You didn't fail, Koneko, you put out the opening, I'll supply the rest.

/Rowan/Caesar/
Tiera. Homeland. Balony.
Caesar inwardly sighed. The unpredictable had apparently attached to him for some reason, perhaps the sheer enjoyment of it. Maybe he was hoping to break through Caesar's mask of control. Heaven knew why. Perhaps he thought it was funny.
After mere seconds of effort, Caesar regained his center of calm and focus, smiling and even managing to seem pleased.
"I am grateful for your company," he lied smoothly, not missing a beat. "My apologies, I am not well versed with a katana. The rapier is my weapon of choice. He was silent a moment, then said, "I'm sorry, I've not yet introduced myself. My name is Regal." It was his last name here, actually, so he wasn't lying. He prefered not to lie normally, it seemed so...degrading. But, when you had to, you had to. "What is yours?"

/Zara/Kiari/
The Aersha ocean stretched out before them. Kiari whistled her appreciation. "That's one heck of a view," she said.
Hawke, flying human form currently, asked, "What's the map say?"
Kiari fumbled through her pack and pulled out the correct map. "Wow. This thing is even more vague than the others."
Hawke glanced around, noticing several dark rumbling clouds coming their way. "Better hurry," he warned her. "We've got some weather coming our way, and those maps feel flimsy enough. They might disintegrate."
"Hurrying. Okay, once we reach the continent, which we'll know by its rising jagged peaks, we need to find the smallest of said peaks. There's--AHH!"
Harsh winds suddenly buffeted them, nealy tearing Kiari off of Hawke's back. He shouted, his wings struggling to fold against the wind. "What the heck?!" Kiari shouted, trying not to get thrown off.
"Sea storm," Hawke replied. "Bad one too. I would suggest we pull back and-"
"LOOK OUT!!" Kiari shrieked. But it was too late.
A great waterspout had risen up behind them white they had been distracted. In an instant, it was upon them. Hawke was sucked into the vortex, and Kiari was knocked off his back by the strong winds, landing in the turbulant waters.
Hawke shifted to pure bird form and, exerting all his strength, flew straight up and out of the gale. However, he could not get through the thick, terrible force of the storm, and was forced to wait it out. When it finally cleared, he skimmed the surface of the water, seeking frantically for any sign of Kiari.
But she was gone, where could only be guessed, and the now serene waters kept their secrets.

/Carter/Valerian/
He shrugged. "Unless you've got someone keeping tags on you, I doubt they'd miss you. I mean, you are just an ordinary player and grunt soldier to them, right? No special positions or anything? Otherwise, I doubt there'd be any problems."

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
He was startled when, suddenly, a person appeared right in front of him. He lept back, a sword of shadows shaping in his hand, cursing under his breath. "How was I taken by surprise?!" he wondered. Then a possibility occured to him. "Either teleportation, or a player logging in. Anything's possible."
Aloud, he demanded, "Who are you?"

Elsewhere in the world....
Mia Uomlith Allnien, the Palace in the Sky, the Fortress of the Moderators, was serenely leviating over one of the currently unnamed oceans of the world, proceeding along its path just like it always has.
With one minor difference.
"Have you been able to correct the originally programed flight path of this place yet?"
The half-lizard at the computer winced. "Not at the moment, Bieda. Still working on it."
Bieda, second-in-command of the Palace in the Sky, looked like Medusa, except...maybe a little younger and easier on the eyes. She doesn't turn you to stone at a glance, but its hard to remember that when she's directing her eyes, fiery red in anger, directly at you.
"Well then have you hacked into their database yet?" she demanded.
"Negative," an angelic lady replied. "Whoever did this covered their tracks well. We also haven't broken through the teleportation block, and we also still can't fly through it either. We are still effectively trapped."
Bieda looked like she was about to snap the angel's head off, and the poor girl cringed back.
"Calm, Bieda," another voice, speaking gently but with authority, reprimanded. "They're doing their best."
Bieda turned. "My apologies, Chancellor. Its quite annoying hearing about the current chaos overtaking our world, and not being able to do a thing about it."
The Chancellor studied his fellow female moderator with some consideration. Bieda looked a lot nicer than she had in the old days, since she had been killed in the Cataclyst and her character deleted under mysterious circumstances. However, even he was smart enough to not tell her that to her face. "Any news from Oracle?" he asked instead.
"Negative," someone else replied. "Someone was trying to get a transmission through earlier, but were cut off. They were using the new code to get through, so I would assume it was one of our fielders. They did however get a single phrase through."
"Which was?" The Chancellor prompted patiently.
"...'Beware the spider', sir."
"Spider?" The Chancellor turned questioningly to Bieda. "Does that mean anything to you?"
She shook her head. He sighed. "Focus your efforts on breaking the shield," he commanded. "We need to get out of this prison, even if it means losing Mia Uomlith. We need to stop this chaos now before something worse hits us."
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Kha/Meeka

Meeka nodded "That is true." She was deep in thought about this "Okay! I accept; thank you so much." Meeka smiled gratefully, an excited twinkle in her eyes.

Landon/Arystar

Ary jumped and stumbled back a few steps eventually landing on his butt "GAH!" he looked up and frowned at the player while getting up quickly, he narrowed his eyes "My name is Arystar and I'm with Tiera, no need to point weapons."
Arystar crossed his arms "Now then, who are you?"
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:38 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji laughed again. This was too much fun. He'd never met a person with so much self-control. Who knew how long it would take to get on his nerves enough to show.
"That's a relief," he sighed. "I was worried I might be annoying you, in which case I wouldn't dream of slowing you down. You seem like a very determined person, and I'm honored that you would want to have me along. And no worries about the katana. I'm sure I'll get amazing at it by sheer willpower sooner or later.
Regal, eh? Has a nice ring to it." Kenji watched his face, but couldn't figure out if he was lying or not. The obvious answer would be yes, but it didn't really matter either way to him. As long as he had something to call him, instead of just "that guy".
"You've forgotten already?" Kenji put on a hurt expression. "I'm Kenji. But that's okay, you seem like an absent-minded sort of fellow. I can understand that you wouldn't have remembered something that elementary. Also, I don't mind if you decide to call me other things. I love nicknames! So just throw anything out, and I'll answer to it!"
Here Kenji's genuinely curious side got the best of him, and he couldn't help himself.
"So, what did Cyrano want with you? You guys seemed pretty chummy back there."
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:32 pm

/Rowan/Caesar/
"Kenji. I am sorry, my mind was on other concerns." Caesar permitted himself a faint smile. Here he was, traveling with Insanity himself for a companion. Oh well, he'd been through worse. At Kenji's question, he thought a second before replying.
"I've been successful at dodging his attempts to kill me at the other camps he's burned to the ground. So I suppose we have a history."
Just ahead was the Tieran border, located on the edge of the Tanmul Mountainrange. Since he was traveling with company, he couldn't just use a teleportation item. Well, he'd passed through those stations before. Annoying, but he could handle it.

/Carter/Valerian/
He smiled back. He didn't enjoy solo as much as co-op in his gaming history. He wondered what kind of party member she would prove to be.

/Stephen/Ash/
"A Tieran drone?" He released his powers, and the sword dwindled to nothing. He straightened. "I see no reason to introduce myself to a puppet," he responded coldly.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Landon/Arystar

Arystar scoffed "Puppet? I'm not anyone's puppet." He glared at the young man "Just because I am so willingly able to throw my loyalty around just means I am not ashamed. What about you?" He smirked in a sly manner.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:58 pm

/Stephen/Ash/
Ash smiled mockingly. "So you say. But Tiera pulls your strings. You are just too blind to see it. As for me..." He paused, then turned away. "My loyalty is my own. I call no man master. That is the way it should be."
Suddenly, he turned. "We may want to move away from here," he said, actually sounding surprisingly caring now, instead of cold. "Dawn is rising, and there are certain monsters which gather here, to the watering hole." he motioned to a huge lake nearby. "Would you follow me?" he asked. "I'll lead you to a town where you can get your bearings."
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Landon/Arystar

He glanced away, he still was still fuming, but his anger died off "Oh. Alright. Well; at least tell me your name, since I told you mine." He nodded "Sure." He grabbed his small pack, and looked at the man.

Koneko-chan

Postby Banana Lobster » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:40 pm

OOC: Uh-oh, I think I see a problem developing between your characters and mine Freddy. :XD:

IC:

Sage Shade

Shade looked up sharply. The harbor waters were where she made her home, so she was more attuned to their movements then the rivers and lakes that she came across in her travels. She could feel a storm approaching, a large one. Standing up, she tugged her hood farther forwards, hiding her face in shadow.

"Since this creature you have been searching for does not exist, you will be heading back to the harbor town, yes? I suggest you hurry, there is a large storm approaching, and the inns will be quickly filled."

Her warning passed on, Shade focused her attention on the transformation. She would have to hurry to warn the town mayor if she didn't want ships sinking and crowding her home. The river lead to the harbor, and if she followed its current, she should reach the town with time to spare. Stomping her hooves, she darted into the water and began to race along, her mane flowing out behind her.
Banana Lobster

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:16 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji smiled and locked his hands behind his head, satisfied for the moment with Regal's answer. He guided his horse with his knees, whistling an off-key tune. The whistling didn't last long before he got bored with it and turned to look at Regal. Deep down, beyond his muddled and haphazard thoughts and emotions, he really respected this guy, though he honestly didn't know what to make of him yet. Kenji usually had a hard time figuring people out until they got angry at him. Which reminded him...
"Do you know Zare? Well, he really has a long and tedious username, but I can never remember what it is. It's so annoying, really. The man has no regard for other people, naming himself something like that. Does he not realize how irritating that is to other people? The nerve, purposely messing with people's minds. Anyway, I thought you might know him. He's a werecat. Big and tough looking, indigo fur. He's from Nescala, and he has this random obsession with being a messenger. And I know messengers usually just go back and forth between different high-ranking military units and battalions and stuff, but I feel like I remember him mentioning that they sometimes deliver messages and items and stuff to slavers, you know, since Nescala and the Slavers' Guild are in cahoots and all. I know all this stuff 'cause me and Zare are like best buddies. I've never had a closer friend than him, you know? We go waaaaay back. The guy basically clings to me. It's really a coincidence that you happened to meet me without him."
Kenji stopped to take a breath. Then he smiled, lost in his fond memories of Zare. Zare was a true joy to be around. There weren't many people in Infinite that genuinely hated Kenji as much as Zare. Most people just got awkward and politely dismissed themselves from his presence or tried to ignore him and disappear when he wasn't looking. But Zare had this impatient quality about him that made him so easy to rile up.
Of course, Regal was a challenge of his own. Few people were willing to put up with Kenji and act like he was normal. Which made it all the funner when they finally snapped.
ClaecElric4God

Postby FreddyCast » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Priestess Elian

Elian: I’ve come such a long way. This village is crawling with strange adventurers and criminals alike. It’s not safe to walk out in the open. Not without a group accompanying you. I’ve asked every new comer and brave souls to join me on my mission to search beyond the “Bastion Canyon”, *sigh* but instead they’ve either been enamored with me or want to rob me for whatever I have. I've had to hurt so many men. Why are men such troublesome creatures, no matter what race they are?
(Elian walks away from the village and looks to find a place to meditate in peace. She reaches the shores of Aersha and lays down on the beach)
Elian: The ocean is so peaceful (She sees a lifeless body floating onto the beach and Elian gets up) OH MY GOODNESS. PLEASE BE ALIVE. (She runs towards the lifeless body and sees whether Kiari is breathing or has a heartbeat)
Elian: You poor daughter of the Divine Demiurge. I can't hear any breathing. (She performs CPR. Kiari coughs up water, but is drifting into unconsciousness) I’m here to help. (Elian picks Kiari up gently and takes her to her place)

OOC: PLease don't hate me for the CPR part, Wolfy. That just seemed realistic for someone who was drifting lifeless on the ocean.

Sage Blaze and Saint Reave

(Sage and Saint come into the village. Reave is still holding onto Sage’s shoulder as he limps from his ankle injury. They look around and see shady and dangerous people walking around)
Saint: Brother, this place isn’t safe for us.
Sage: That doesn’t matter to me. We need to find a place to lodge for the time being.
Saint: I agree, but will we even get out of this place unharmed? Everyone seems to be looking at us.
Sage: Stop worrying about the future and worry about the now.
Saint: I am worrying about the now. They’re looking at us like they're looking at prey.
Sage: That just means they’re going to lose their lives soon.
Saint: I wish I had your confidence and bravery, brother. (They make it to an Inn called “Dead Man’s Inn”)
Sage: Well, that’s a welcoming name.
Saint: Can we find another Inn? I do not like this place at all.
Sage: Stop your complaining, we’re going in. (The brothers enter the Inn and ask for a room to lodge in)
NPC host: The place is full.
Sage: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
NPC host: Please sir, do not raise your voice. Leave my establishment, or I’ll be forced to make you leave. (NPC Guards approach the brothers)
Saint: Brother Blaze, let’s just go. We’re not wanted here.
Sage: I’m not leaving until I get a room.
NPC host: Hostility is not allowed. (The guards take their fighting stances with their hands on the handle of their swords.)
Saint: We shouldn’t do this.
Sage: NO!! This is exactly what we’re going to do.
Saint: But we’re not in any shape to fight.
Sage: Tch! When did that ever stop me? (Sage lets Saint lean on the counter as Sage prepares to fight)

Priestess Elian, Sage Blaze, and Saint Reave

(Elian enters the “Dead Man’s Inn” carrying Kiari on her arms)
Elian: Uh...What’s going on here? (Everyone looks at Elian)
Sage: Lady, I think you should leave. Things are gonna get....intense.
Elian: Please, stop this violence. I have an injured person with me that needs proper care. Do not trash this place. What has caused all this unnecessary conflict?
Saint: They won’t allow us to stay because it’s full.
Elian: Then I’ll share my room. They can allow up to 5 people in a room.
NPC Host: But Priestess, are you going to pay for their lodging?
Elian: Yes, yes I will.
Sage: Nonsense, I’m not gonna share a room with two strangers. (Sage looks closer at who Elian is carrying) Huh? ESPECIALLY NOT WITH THAT THIEF. (Saint also notices an unconscious Kiari)
Elian: Do you know her?
Saint: It’s Kiari. Brother we should take this young woman’s offer. Fighting is not an option anymore.
Sage: NO! I’m going to get a room, even if I have to beat up everyone in here. (Saint limps towards Sage and stretches out his hand to put it on Sage’s shoulder)
Saint: Forgive me, brother. (He grabs onto Sage’s right shoulder with his hand and pinches a certain point on the neck.)
Sage: What are you...Ahhh...you.....traitor. (Sage falls to the ground unconscious) :D
Elian: What did you do to your companion?
Saint: I used the “Sleeper Grip”. It was the only way to stop my brother’s irrational rage.
Elian: I see...
Saint: He’s not going to be happy when he wakes up, but I’ll worry about that later. For now, we’ll come with you. Thanks for the kind offer.
Elian: I’m glad to help. (Elian smiles. Saint looks at her, feeling as though she knows her and says in his mind: That smile...it looks...familiar)
(Elian enters her room carrying Kiari and lays her gently on her bed. Saint follows Elian into the room limping, while the guards carry Sage’s unconscious body and throw his body inside of Elian’s room, landing face first, and the guards leave)
Saint: Ouch! That’s got to hurt. (The impact to the floor wakes Sage up)
Sage: ugh, oh my head.
Saint: So uhh....How you feeling?
Sage: Like someone threw me in front of an incoming train.
Saint: Oh, uh, those guards knocked you out with a sneak punch. But Elian here worked out a deal to let us lodge with her. (As Elian is healing Kiari with her powers and administering first aid she looks at Sage and Saint)
Elian: If you will let me, can I heal your injuries as well?
Saint: uh, sure. That’s so generous of you Miss, uh....
Elian: I’m Priestess Elian, a servant of the Divine Demiurge.
Saint: Really? I follow the ways of the Divine Demiurge as well. Look! I even carry with me the prayer beads of the Divine Demiurge.
Elian: A fellow servant. I’m so fortunate to have met you both then. (Elian finishes healing Kiari and let’s her rest. She then approaches Saint and begins to heal his sprained ankle and then his neck injuries. As she is healing his neck injuries Saint and Elian’s faces are really close to each other, causing Saint to think again whether she knows her or not)
Saint: Excuse me Priestess, do I know you from somewhere? (Elian finishes healing Saint and addresses his question)
Elian: No, I don’t recall ever meeting you before, (She looks at Sage) Or your brother.
Saint: I see...Thank you so much for healing me.
Elian: It was my pleasure. (She addresses Sage) Shall I heal your injuries as well?
Sage: There’s no need Priestess. Besides...(He checks out Elian) I don’t like being helped by the dogs of IFF.
Elian: What? How did you...(sage quickly interrupts her)
Sage: You play the “good girl”, but you’re in a dangerous place. And you’re the type who doesn’t like violence and conflict. Sounds like you’ve been brainwashed by the IFF.
Elian: Brainwashed? but I haven’t been...(Sage interrupst again)
Sage: You’re not fooling me. Do you seriously believe that the IFF is really “neutral” in this orchestrated conflict.
Elian: But it is neutral.
Sage: Ha! Every faction is out for it’s own gain, but they’re merely pawns.
Elian: What are you saying?
Sage: I’m saying you’re being used by the IFF. Just like they’re using that thief Kiari over there. She thinks she’s a leader among the IFF, but she’s only a face to hide the IFF’s schemes. And even the IFF is being used. Morons the lot of em. (Elian takes out her staff and points it at Sage)
Elian: You’re lying, I believe in the cause. (Sage moves the staff to one side with his hand)
Sage: “The cause”? What cause? It’s all a façade. Just like Kiari is. And just like you are.
Saint: Brother, that’s enough. Elian has been nothing but kind to us. (Sage and Elian look intensely at each other)
Elian: You remind me of someone rude I know.
Sage: I’m sure you hated him. I’m glad to know that you hate me as well. (Saint gets in between Sage and Elian)
Saint: ENOUGH! Leave her alone, brother. (Sage walks away and leans against a wall. Saint addresses Elian) I’m sorry about my brother. He can be a little unbearable at times. By the way, what is a Priestess doing here? Shouldn’t you be serving the community back in IFF territory?
Elian: I was sent here to find items that can used to end the conflict between the warring factions.
Sage: She means she’s looking for weapons that can be used to give the IFF an edge. Figures! (Elian frowns at Sage’s interruption)
Elian: I was also sent to find the dragon gems. But where I’m going, I can’t do it alone. I need strong warriors to accompany me.
Saint: I’ll help!
Sage: You’ll what?
Saint: I said I’ll help.
Elain: Thanks, but I really couldn’t impose on you.
Saint: No, I’m fine with it. I want to help. It’s the least I can do for helping us back there, letting us lodge with you, and for healing my wounds.
Elian: I see. Well then I accept your gracious help.
Sage: Reave, you can’t be serious?
Saint: I am! If you don’t want to come, then stay here.
Sage: Are you really gonna abandon me for her?
Saint: I don’t want to, but I will if you don’t want to come along. (Elian goes up to Sage and bows her head down)
Elian: Please, come and help me on my mission. I can’t do it alone, and I don’t want to be the reason for separating you two apart. (Sage looks surprised that Elian would beg for his help)
Sage: Tch! FINE, whatever. I got nowhere else to go. And I don’t know my way around these parts.
(And with that, Kiari slowly wakes up from her unconscious slumber)
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
My Manga Story "The Fallen Rise"
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
ROMAN CATHOLIC MARIOLATRY Series
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:14 pm

Lydia watched as, without even a half decent goodbye, Sage transformed back into the white mare and went into the stream and started galloping along it. "Well... Bye." She said, watching the horse leave. She looked up at the sky and found, indeed, it was getting cloudy, like a storm. She sighed and stood up from the tree root, then started walking back to the town.
She went to the teleportal station, just outside the town, scrolled through the list of locations, and picked one at random, with no clue of where she was about to end up. That was the best way to travel, especially exciting with the possibility of ending up right between a battle of opposing factions.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:50 pm

/Eric/Zare/
Zare crouched down lower, holding his breath.
Just a little closer, he thought, willing his heart to stop beating.
Without an assignment from his group, and less than excited about logging off and facing the real world, Zare had decided to go to the Forest of Unt, a Nescalan forest known for it's rare items. Of course, most of the items were being carried by "woodland creatures". Rabbits, squirrels, random fantasy creatures. They were extremely elusive and difficult to catch, but if you could, they always dropped a valuable item. Zare had been tracking this particular animal for quite some time now, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. It was some sort of two-headed snake, and Zare knew that if he attacked too soon, it would slither away into the tall grass and dive into a hole. Finally, the snake stopped and arched up, flicking it's tongue out. It slithered up onto a rock directly in a patch of sunlight, and made as if to settle down and bask.
Perfect.
Just as Zare unsheathed his claws, ready to launch himself at the snake, a light appeared directly over the spot the snake was resting on. The snake jerked, then in a flash it disappeared into the brush. Zare yowled in frustration, watching as the light slowly formed into a person, leaving a young girl standing on the rock. Zare wiped the snarl off his face, then took it a step further and transformed back into human form. It seemed best not to appear hostile, and if he needed to he could change back quick enough. However, he made no effort to hold back the scowl on his face, crossing his arms as he waited for a good explanation for why his hunt had been interrupted.

OOC: It's not my fault it sounds stupid!! I don't know how teleportation works, so I made it up. :P
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:18 am

OOC: Workable!

Lydia looked around, immediately confused by her current surroundings. She seemed to be in some kind of forest, she was surrounded by large trees that blocked out sunlight, and thickly growing foliage on the ground. I haven't been to this place before... is this even a town? She wondered. The teleportal should have taken her to the corresponding teleportal outside the selected town, although she didn't know where that was, due to her method of selection. What she did know, was that there was no teleportal under her feet right now, just a plain old rock, and she should thusly not be right there. Must be a glitch, I guess I'll have to report it.
She looked around at her surroundings, trying to guess her location, and she saw an unexpected sight: a young man was standing there, a little older than she was, and scowling at her with his golden eyes. Lydia grinned and waved in greeting, ignoring the expression on the man's face. "Hiya! Hey, d'ya happen to know where we are?" She asked.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:36 am

Zare sighed inwardly. Whatever; it wasn't necessarily her fault that Zare had just wasted the last 10 minutes of his life. Zare eyed the girl, sizing her up. She was outgoing and friendly, and in a time where every faction seemed to be at odds, it was actually refreshing to meet someone who didn't automatically get on their guard and assume enmity until proven otherwise. Zare suddenly got self-conscious when he realized that was what he was doing. Even if this girl was Tieran, there was no reason to fight as long as they weren't on the battlefield.
"This is the Forest of Unt, in Nescala," he said casually. "Did you teleport here? I didn't know teleportation was possible outside the teleportal stations. I would suggest you avoid it in the future, as you've managed to lose me a valuable item I've put a lot of effort into." Zare tried to keep the edge out of his voice, reminding himself to not get angry at people for things that couldn't be helped.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:12 am

As the man spoke, Lydia detected a bit of annoyance in his voice, and no wonder, if she had just cost him some rare and valuable item. She chuckled nervously, hoping this situation wouldn't become filled with tension and hostility, "Ehehe, yeah, sorry about that. Not sure how it happened, but I guess the teleportal I used glitched up and sent me here. Kinda weird." Then remembering that this was, in fact, an MMO, she said the next most logical thing, "Well, I didn't have anything in particular to do. If you like, I can help you get that item. It should only be fair, since I prevented you from getting it in the first place." She offered.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:23 am

Zare looked at the girl in surprise. She was offering to help a perfect stranger get back an item just because she'd accidentally caused him trouble? In the old days, that wouldn't have surprised Zare, but lately with all the tension everyone seemed to be in their own hostile little groups and didn't interact with people they didn't know. From what he saw, Infinite had turned into more of a war than a game.
Zare's expression softened, and he couldn't make himself stay irritated with the girl.
"The name's Zare," he offered his hand. "Don't worry about it. A glitch is a glitch, nothing to do about it. Besides, that obnoxious reptile is probably long gone."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:31 am

Lydia sighed, "Well, that's a bummer." She said, then returned her usual smile to her face and grasped the man's -Zare's- outstretched hand, "I'm Lydia. It's nice to meet you. I'll try and make it up to you sometime, even if it was just the glitch." She added. She knew personally how annoying it was to lose some kind of goal in a game, even this one, because of a glitch that was out of the player's control, and thought it would be nice to be able to get it back.
"Well anyway, Forest of Unt, Nescala, fun. Any interesting monsters around here?" She asked. Instead of weapons and armor like most players, Lydia always gathered information about the local monsters as soon as possible.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 am

"Monsters, eh?" Being a messenger, Zare was pretty familiar with a lot of Nescala. "Well, this particular area is only home to smaller creatures, not really monster material. But..."
He perused his memory, thinking of all the different areas he knew.
"Well, it depends on what you're looking for. Monsters to defeat, for leveling up? I'd say the Goblin Caverns just south of here. If you're looking for specific beasts, good for taming, well, Nescala is a more populated country, so the rare creatures are gonna be few and far between. But if you know where to look, there are definitely a few "interesting" ones. Am I right in assuming you're a Beast Tamer?"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:49 am

Lydia listened intently, then nodded whan Zare was done. "Yep, I'm a Beast Tamer. I like to keep an eye out for new monsters and animals to make friends of." She chuckled, thinking of her earlier incident with Sage, "And sometimes, I get a few... interesting encounters." She added.
Well, it seems like it may be worthwile to look around Nescala for those rare monsters, but another time. She thought. "You seem to know the area pretty well. Do you stay in Nescala, mostly?" She asked Zare.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:56 am

Zare shrugged. "My loyalty's with Nescala, but I generally avoid telling people that, because I get stereotyped as an extremist bent on crushing Tiera and helping Nescala rule the world. Honestly, I like the idea of sticking to one faction and doing my best there, but I coudn't really care less who actually wins. It's just a game after all, a point a lot of people have managed to forget around here." Zare turned back to Lydia and offered a polite smile.
"Ah, sorry, I'm rambling. To answer your question, yeah, I'm generally in Nescala, unless I'm running an errand that takes me across the Tieran border. I travel when I'm bored, but I usually stay within the border. You?"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:04 am

Lydia shrugged, "Well, I don't really have much of a home. If we go by loyalties, I'm with the IFF, but don't really have much to do with them. I usually just wander around the world, doing whatever I want. It's a pretty nice way of life."
To be honest, having a faction she cared about, along with a home, and some friends, sounded pretty nice, but Lydia couldn't find it in herself to buy a home and settle into one place. She already did that in real life, so why should she in the game? No, Infinite was for doing all the things you couldn't do in real life, so Lydia thought it was better to keep doing things the way she did now.

Aeon was waiting in his cabin, feeling the gentle rocking of the boat and listening to the water they moved through and occasioanlly sloshed up on the deck. How long exactly was this voyage going to be? It seemed like it would be some time, so he decided to log out again and take care of some things in real life while he waited to arrive.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:14 am

Zare started. Doing whatever she wanted, eh? Why hadn't he thought of that? He laughed to himself when he realized that that had never occured to him because he hadn't done what he wanted in a long time, and he'd almost forgotten the concept. He shrugged off his annoying thoughts, concentrating on the conversation at hand.
"Sounds enjoyable enough. So what are your plans now? Will you be in Nescala for awhile?" As long as he didn't have a mission, he wouldn't mind interacting with another player, rather than wandering around on his own like he'd been doing lately.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Banana Lobster » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Sage Shade

Stopping just outside of the town (OOC: does this harbor town actually have a name guys?), Shade changed back to her human form and made her way through the alleyways to the mayor's office. The NPC assistant didn't stop her as she strode into his office, just nodded in recognition as she passed; this wasn't the first time Shade had warned the mayor of an approaching storm.

Five minutes later, Shade was walking down the docks to the water, enjoying the feel of raindrops hitting her head and shoulders. Without even slowing, she stepped off the end of the dock, vanishing into the waves. If any ships received hull damage, she could help hold up the ships until they could be repaired, possibly gaining some extra gold in return.
Banana Lobster

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:01 pm

/Zara/Kiari/
She blinked slowly, vision slowly coming into focus. A room, she was lying on something - a bed? - and there were voices. People...gingerly, she softly turned her head to get a better look.
Three people, a woman and two men. She thought she recognized her...a priestess...Elian? The two men were unfortunately more easily recognizable, even in her current state. Where in blazes was she?
She sat up slowly, arms crossed. Her head instantly felt dizzy at the altitude shift, but she remained straight-backed. "Okay, party's over," she said. "Will someone please explain to me where I am, why I'm here, and why I'm back with them?" she gestured at the S-team.

/Rowan/Caesar/
"Zare, huh? Doesn't ring any bells." He listened absently, his mind on other things. How many camps did he have left now, on the Tieran side? Unsure, uncertain, and unprofitable. At least Tiera was a country much better suited for hiding in.
"Tricky, very tricky," he mused. "Cyrano, you son of a dog. What I wouldn't give to know how you're moving around so quickly."
They arrived at the border.
It was a busy place, but Caesar remained focused on the gate pass. He rode straight toward it, ignoring the life around him.
The guard was a rough sort, and also apparently bored. "What's your business?" he asked as Caesar stopped before the huge gate.
Caesar permitted the man a disdainful glance. "To cross the pass, obviously," he answered in an aloft tone. "It certainly isn't for your company."
The guard's eyes narrowed. "We're at war here, pretty boy," he hissed, hoisting his spear threateningly. "You can't just cross without reason. You could be a spy for all I know! State your business and some form of identification from Lord Nescala himself, or get out of here!"
There was a blur of movement, and the spearhead's shaft dangled from broken staff. Caesar resheathed his rapier. "I am out on business of the Slaver's Guild," he answered in a cold tone. "Either let us through, or suffer the consequences."
The man just nodded, his face pale, entering the gatehouse. The gate opened with a groan. Caesar kicked his horse and rode straight through. In high spirits now, he actually grinned at Kenji. Realizing what he was doing, he returned to staring straight ahead, focusing on the path.

/Stephen/Ash/
"Most people call me Ash," he replied. He began leading him toward the small outpost. "So what are you doing out here in the sticks?" he asked curiously.
Wolfsong

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying