Infinite Powers

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Infinite Powers

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:24 am

Sage Shade

Moving along at a canter, Shade's ears soon began to pick up the faint sounds of battle, and she slowed. 'A fight between Nescala and Tiera? Or the Slaver's Guild?' she wondered. 'Should probably stay out of it, I won't get any work in the middle of a battle, that's for sure.' Quickening her pace, she galloped past, veering off the path slightly towards a nearby river, where she could move alongside the road without anyone the wiser.
Banana Lobster

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:29 pm

OOC- Well Freddy, your usage of my characters was....nah, I'd better not. :brow: Okay, okay, I'm kidding just a little bit, but please ask me before you use my characters like that again, okay? Yes, you can keep the map. Kiari has photographic memory. :cool:
Claec, its fine. By me, at any rate. Caesar probably hates him right now though... :lol: :lickbash:
Welcome back, Odd.
Koneko, that's perfectly fine. There are a few outposts on the other continents, but not many as they are still newly discovered. Its fine.

/Zara/Kiari/
"Well, that was an annoying detour!" Kiari snapped. "I totally hate that pair!"
Hawke was making odd noises. It suddenly occured to her that he was laughing. "Its not funny!" she snapped.
Hawke shifted back to human, carefully so that Kiari still stayed on his back. He kept flying. "Girl, you blushed when Saint took the blood off. Come off it, you're just annoyed they kept you outta the fight. You like them."
"Do not. Don't be an idiot. Now where's....holy carp and flaming cod! They stole the map!"
"What?" Hawke looked back at her. "You lost it?"
"No way. I had it in hand...it must have been when I kicked him."
Hawke winced. "You really shouldn't have done that. Do you remember it well enough?"
"Yeah, got a good enough look. I guess its just as well, 'cause I returned in kind." Grinning, she held up a small ring. "Guess what I took off of Sage when I punched him?"
Hawke was grinning. "The Ring of Paralization?" at her nod, he chuckled. "You wicked little thief," he said, clearly not meaning a word.
Kiari equipped it, and it shone on her left index finger. "Lets go! We need to go a little more north from here!"

OOC2- right back at you, Freddy. ;)

/Rowan/Caesar/
"Oh no, its him! He won't mind," he said, allowing his exasperation show. "In fact, I can guarantee it. Mount!" Weilding wind, he lifted Kenji up and placed him on the back of a brown stallion, while he vaulted onto a chesnut one. The horses were all spooked by the flames, and some he recognized were not his own. "That clever sneak," he thought, allowing a smile. "Cyrano, I do not appreciate you using my own resources." using wind, he loosened all the horses' ropes and set them all loose. His own horse he sent off west. He heard a shout behind him and, looking back, he saw a figure holding a sword larger than the both of them watching him go. He raised his hand in mock salute.
"Congradulations Cyrano!" he laughed. "You have the camp - but I'm still in!"
"Not for long, you wasted piece of flesh!" Cyrano's voice, obviously magnified by some magic, was shouting. "I promise you, I will hunt you down!"
Caesar laughed mockingly, letting the wind carry it back. "Until we meet again," he replied simply, and rode straight for Tanmul Mountains. Maybe it was time he checked on his Tieran bases.
"And...what about the unpredictable?" he looked back to see if he was still being followed by Kenji.

/Carter/Valerian/
"Me? Well...." He grinned. "I'm a treasurehunter. That's my gift. I'm able to find treasure, as well as point out where treasure will be. I was thinking of hiring out, once I get the layout of the land. But...I don't know. To be fully honest, I'm just trying to get away from the civil war mess that has sprung up. My apologies," he added, raising a hand. "If you favor either of the sides. Its just my humble opinion. I prefer exploring to fighting so...its just my way."
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Meeka's eyebrows raised in wonder "Treasurehunter? That must be fun." Meeka said in awe, then her mouth curved into a smile "Wow, that sounds so exciting!" She exclaimed happily. She didn't look surprised "Haha, don't worry, I understand. I'm with Tiera, but.." She frowned "I resent them a bit because I feel like they don't tell me anything... It's hard to be loyal to something you can't trust enough.." Meeka looked back at Valerian with a smile "Sorry, I got a bit carried away. Honestly, I think it would be so fun to be able to explore and not worry."
Last edited by Koneko-chan on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Aeon walked out onto the deck of the ship, deciding he needed some fresh air and that was more plentiful on the topside of a boat than anywhere else. He heard talk of treasure hunting, exploring, and the war. War, yes, there was one of those going on in this world, though Aeon mostly stayed out of it.
He walked to the edge of the ship, stopping by the railing, and crossed his arms, staring out at the sea, and spreading his legs wide so he wouldn't be unbalanced by the rocking of the ship. Why, he wondered, would anyone come to this huge, amazing world of fantasy just to fight a war? Wasn't there enough of that already? Many things people did in this game made no sense to him, but then, he wasn't here to understand people, they could all do what they pleased.

The book abruptly snapped shut. Break time's over. Iris thought, setting her book aside and standing up. She hopped to her desk and sat down at her computer, logging back in to Infinite.

Lydia opened her eyes and saw the bench she had settled in on, then the town around her came into focus and detail. She sat up, then got to her feet. Ah, what to do, what to do... She wondered. Well, she didn't particularly want to go after the Dragon Gems anymore today, that was a tiring task and she had had enough of it for one day. I know, I'll go out and try to tame a new monster, I've heard there are some pretty good ones... As she thought to herself, she began heading off to find some transport to the location she had heard about.
Oddood198

Postby FreddyCast » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Sage and Saint

(The brothers are nearing their destination)

Saint: Brother Blaze, I’m worried that you won’t be strong enough to fight this “Slarg” monster. The use of the Ring of Phoenix has drained you of almost all your energy, and the “Sacrificial Flames” skill has literally dropped your vitality to ¼ HP. Maybe we should stop and head back.
Sage: Reave, you must stop worrying about me. I’ll be fine. Besides, defeating that “Gila Beast” has earned me this item from its dead carcass, the “Scaled Gila Beast Armor”. It’s strong enough to protect me from any heavy damage I might take and it’s fire-resistant as well.
Saint: But brother, Even with that thing, you’re still not well enough for battle.
Sage: Then I guess I’ll leave the fighting to you then. You’re far quicker than I am and far more powerful, but a bit non-strategic in your approach.
Saint: Hey, I can think in battle too, ya know.
Sage: Hahaha, I bet you can. But don’t worry. After Kiari has roughed the creature for us, we’ll finish it off. No problem.
Saint: Brother, I hope she’s all right.
Sage: She’ll probably be eaten soon enough. (He smiles sinisterly)
Saint: That’s not funny, brother. You still need to apologize for freezing her and burning her map.
Sage: I’m thinking I might not apologize.
Saint: Why is that?
Sage: Because that thief took my Ring of Paralization. (He looks at his left hand in frustration and sees that his ring is gone)
Saint: What? And you let her take it from you? Well, you deserve it after treating her so badly.
Sage: Don’t forget she hates your guts just as much as she does me.
Saint: Even if she does hate us, we still have to apologize.
Sage: Not after she gives me my ring back. Or I’ll rip it off from her finger like a twig. (He moves his hands, clenching them and motioning them as if he’s breaking something)
Saint: You know you could just give her something in return.
Sage: Like what?
Saint: Well, like that “Scaled Gila Beast Armor” you gained by killing that beast. (Sage raises an eyebrow)
Sage: Hmmm...We’ll see. If she’s still alive, that is.
Saint: I know she is.
Sage: Don’t be a fool brother. Getting attached to a stranger only leads to trouble. Now prepare yourself for battle. We’ve arrived at the Lair of Slarg. (Both Sage and Saint stand outside the entrance to the Lair of Slarg)
Saint: Kiari must be in there already we have to hurry.
Sage: If you want to save your damsel in distress. Then focus on what’s in front of you first. (low level enemies come out to meet them) I won’t shed a tear for her at all. (He sits down on top of a protruding rock in the ground)
LINK
Saint: And what are you gonna do? (He looks at Sage with a confused look)
Sage: I’m going to watch the spectacle. Amuse me, brother. Show these pathetic excuse for bad guys why they call you the “Heartbreaker”.
Saint: Hmph. You really are something, you know that brother.
Sage: Hahaha, you chose to follow me.
Saint: Fine, I’ll take care of these guys. (Saint stands firm in his position and stretches out his arm in front of him) Swords of the blazing sunset come out of your graves and show forth your desires. (Multiples swords begin to shoot out of the ground)
LINK
Saint: You itch for blood. Break their Hearts. (The swords float in mid-air and turn their tips forward towards their targets. The swords then fly in amazing speed and stab each enemy in the heart with killer precision. Saint looks on totally displeased with himself. Sage stands up clapping)
Sage: Wonderful, brother. You’re just as brutal as I am. Don’t you agree? (Saint shrugs)
Saint: Tch! Let’s just keep moving. (As Saint moves ahead, Sage looks on seeing his brother disturbed over what he did)
Sage: Grow some backbone will you. What’s the matter?
Saint: This skill reminds me of something I don’t want to remember in the real world.
Sage: Then why did you use that skill?
Saint: You told me to. Now let’s move. Kiari needs us. (Saint’s face is expressionless, almost as if he’s dead, and his darker side is beginning to manifest)
Sage: As much as I hate that thief, she can take care of herself. (Saint ignores Sage) Brother Reave....
(The brothers move on ever deeper into the Lair of Slarg)
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
My Manga Story "The Fallen Rise"
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
ROMAN CATHOLIC MARIOLATRY Series
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:37 pm

Okay, its time now to introduce...my next character!

Name: Stephen Landon / Ashimatya Brand, but most simply call him Ash. Is nicknamed "The Dark Angel"
Appearence: Stephen is perhaps the most ordinary person you've ever seen. Wispy brown hair, brown eyes, slightly tanned skin. 18, 5'6'', dull grey, tee-shirt, gray jeans, gray shoes. He doesn't stand out at all.
Ash, on the other hand, you cannot miss. His hair is the striking blue of indigo, and reaches to mid-back. His eyes are soft grey with flecks of lavendar in them. His are piercing eyes that seem to stare through yours into your very soul, making most unable to gaze at him eye-to-eye. On his left cheek is a cresent moon, on his right a star, and on his forehead is the sun. His bright scarlet robe, draping down his shoulders to his knees, hangs open in front. His v-necked tunic and long pants are slate blue, and unusually dull contrast. He wears similar gray sandels with straps that loop twice around his ankels. 6'6''
Race: Magnus, a race that was removed early on in the game due to its vastly overpowered attributes and skills. Magnus is something akin to a half-elf/spirit with insane strengths.
Power: His power lies in shadows and darkness. His attack spells and the statis-adjustment spells are incredible and his physical abilities are crazy-strong. However, he cannot learn healing magic of any sort. he also has one weakness, due to his race and gifts, and has carefully hidden it from all.
Personality: As changing as the ocean. Stiff, cold, unyeilding and unforgiving, and then gentle, kind, merciful and loving. he could swear to love and defend you forever, and then stab you in the back at the first opportunity. He honors no promise or vow, except under rare circumstances. When he makes a promise he intends to keep, all three symbols and his face light up.
Time: One of the first to buy the game, tied with Cyrano and Python.
Loyalty: The only certain thing in his ever-changing nature is his loyalty, which is ultimately to himself.

okay. now to post!
Last edited by Wolfsong on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:54 pm

OOC- why do you insist on making Kiari sound like some damsel in distress? Why on earth does Saint even care? Are you trying to start another fight, FreddyCast? :eyebrow:

/Carter/Valerian/
He listened to her silently, considering, then he suggested, "Would you like to travel with me for a while? It'll take some time before I settle down, and none of my mates will be able to join me any time soon." He extended a hand. "You interested?"

/Zara/Kiari/
Kiari was grinning as they wandered deeper into the cave, the Slarg's Lair. "I do hope Sage and Saint won't mind the monsters we left for them."
Hawke rolled his eyes, grinning back. "Oh, I'm sure they'll love it for all its worth." Then he shook his head, half-serious. "Kiari, are you ever going to grow up?"
"No. Anymore silly questions?"
"Saint seems like a pretty good guy, and Sage...well, I'm sure he gets better once you know him. Why else would Saint hang around him so much?"
"He's a spineless idiot, that's why. Hasn't the backbone to stand for himself, so he puts up with Sage's rudeness. That's it."
"All the same." Hawke shook his head. "Mithos I understand your hatred. But c'mon-"
A loud roar echoed throughout the cavern. Softly, Kiari stepped forward, listening closely. Kiari grinned. "Lets go."
As they neared the source of the sound, Kiari's eye trailed to the ring on her finger, and she had an insperation. "Hawke, you willing to try something crazy with me?"
He gave her one of those looks. "What is it this time?"
"Why don't we use our MP to magnify this ring's paralyzation powers, and stun the Slarg?"
He shrugged. "Okay, I suppose. but I'll need to keep some of my MP just in case."
"Sounds good. Lets move!"
They entered a huge cavernous room. The platform in the room was surrounded by a deep ditch. Stalagmites and tites hung from the ceiling and towered from the floo. In the very back was a crystaline pedistal and a large ruby was inside of it. Dominating center stage was the Slarg, a huge creature that resembled a troll/ape, with lots of white hair. At the sight of Kiari and Hawke, it instantly began lumbering toward them.
"Are you sure this will work?" Hawke asked, preparing.
Kiari extended her hand, drawing on her MP. "Well, to work on us super-levels, it has to be a higher-level item. Seriously, worrywart, it'll be fine."
Hawke didn't reply, only used his MP, uping Kiari's magic and luck skills Kiari poured everything she had then to power herself. "PARALYZE!" she shouted, using the magic.
According to plan, the giant beast froze. While Kiari ran for the ruby, Hawke used an analyzer on the Slarg. He whistled. "101L. We really have a find here."
Kiari hefted the large ruby, whose Dragon was the one of the hunt. She had a mischevious smirk on her face. "Say Hawke," she remarked casually. "The ring's effects are merely temporary, I feel kind of bad that the S-team shall come to find merely nothing, and the ring doesn't belong to me anyway..."
Hawke facepalmed, shaking his head. "Will you ever grow up?" he demanded as she placed the ring where the Ruby used to be. "What about leaving? We'll pass them."
Kiari cut herself, and watched the blood flow. "A few scratches, and we'll look like we've been through a nasty fight," she said. "C'mon, lemme fix you up."
Moments later, a rather dusty, banged-up duo was flying out of the cave, past the pair of brothers below them. Open sky before them now....

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
Whispers...murmurs....shapes....shadows....form.
Ash manifesed in the shadow of a building. His hands trailed through his hair, its silky surface sliding smoothly between his thin fingers. He had the ghost of a smile on his face as he dropped his arm and stepped out into the open.
People froze at the sight of him. He stepped out into the street and strode purposefully down it. Instantly the whispers began. "He came from nowhere!' 'See how the shadows cling to him?' 'He's the accursed one' 'Don't meet his eyes-he'll steal your soul!' 'Its the Dark Angel' 'The Dark Angel'
Dark Angel

He paused, then turned and met the eyes of the crowd. Instantly everyone dropped their gaze and pretended to be busy.
Smiling a smile that was mostly teeth, he continued on his path.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Meeka's eyes got wide and she taken aback slightly "M-me?" She would be lying if she said traveling without having Tiera's dishonesty would be terrible, but Meeka was still a bit hesitant."Well.. What would I do about Tiera?"

OOC: Eek, short.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Of all the crummy things... Lydia thought, peeking out from her hiding spot, which consisted of a bush, and another bush. She had come down to the area she had heard rumors about containing rare monsters, just to get right next to some big battle. She had only caught a glimpse of it, and didn't manage to recognize either side, but she guessed it was a skirmish between Tiena and Nescala.
She had gotten some distance from the battle, trying to stay well out of the danger zone, so she could effectively search for the monsters she came here for.
Now, it seemed there were no soldiers of either side nearby, so she came out of the bushes. She looked around warily, and didn't see anything, and all she heard was a faint thumping sound. Now, just gotta find some monster mobs. She thought, and set off down the river she was beside. As she walked, she realized the thumping was growing louder, and it seemed to be coming from behind her. When it sounded like it was seconds away, Lydia whirled around, looking behind her, just in time to see a purely white horse with a green mane burst through the brush, moments away from trampling Lydia, while she just stood there like a deer caught in the proverbial headlights.
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Sage Shade

Surprised, Shade reared up, lashing out with her hooves as a warning to stay away. Landing-hard-on all four hooves again, she stopped to study who she had nearly trampled.

A young girl with short green hair, green eyes, and tanned skin. Looking closer, Shade realized that the girl was actually rather cute, and she inwardly shuddered to think of what would happen if certain NPCs ran into her.

Something about the girl made Shade slightly nervous, and she stamped her feet and shuffled back and forth, wanting to get away, but finding herself unable too. She reared up again with a high-pitched whiny, bringing her front hooves down hard, shaking her head and snorting. 'Back off!' was the message she tried to send, but she wasn't entirely sure it got through, considering the girl hadn't run yet.
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Lydia stared for a few seconds after the horse had stopped, and and it reared away and whinnied at her. Lydia took a couple steps back to get out of it's immediate reach, then the white horse shook its mane and snorted at her.
The situation began to take form in Lydia's mind, and she grinned. This horse must be one of the rare monsters of this are she had heard about, one of the ones she had come to tame.
"I suppose I should thank you." She said to the horse, if any players were present, Lydia would look ridiculous, talking to a monster, but there was no one but her and the horse, so what did it matter? "Whenever I head out to find monsters, they rarely run all the way across the field to meet me, you've saved me a lot of searching."
While she spoke, Lydia manipulated her inventory screen and found the items she was looking for. Dragging them to her equipment, they materialized on her. In her left hand she held a crystal, it was a 'Taming Crystal', a one-time use item that was what allowed beast tamers to initially tame monsters, by calming them, and giving the player an opportunity to bond with the pacified creature. In her right hand, Lydia had a lasso tied from super-strong rope, said to be able to hold up a mountain, with about twenty feet coiled around her shoulder.
Lydia watched the horse's movements, starting to slowly swing the lasso in circles. This is gonna be just like one of those wild west movies... Except for the mind-manipulating crystal, and the horse clearly being magic. She thought.
Oddood198

Postby FreddyCast » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:03 pm

OOC- Sorry, Wolfy, Saint is the type who cares too much. He might hang around with an unbearable brother, but he’d do anything to help anyone in need, even if that person doesn’t need help. Plus, (Freddy grins evily :grin: ) I don't play to get even, I play to win. Hehehehehe

Sage and Saint

(Sage and Saint see Hawke and Kiari pass by them above)
Sage: So that thief survived her encounter with Slarg. *sigh* Too bad, I would have loved to have seen her face as she's being crushed by that monster. (He turns to address Saint) Hey Reave, you saw her? Your damsel in distress just left.
Saint: At least she's ok, that's a relief. She looks all banged up. It must have been rough.
Sage: What? Those injuries? Don’t be foolish brother, those wounds were self-inflicted.
Saint: Huh? How can you tell?
Sage: Because those scratches are too small and too few to be inflicted by the Slarg. Most likely she wants us to think her battle was tough, but it wasn’t.
Saint: What are you saying brother?
Sage: I’m saying she left us to face Slarg by ourselves, most likely taking the dragon gem with her.
Saint: But how did she get the gem without fighting the Slarg?
Sage: Stop asking ridiculous questions, will you? I really don’t care how she did it. Now that she’s gone, there’s no reason for you to hold back now. Just concentrate on defeating the Slarg. Defeating him will make you stronger. I’ll help you anyway I can. I still haven’t recovered all my strength yet. So everything rides on you now.
Saint: Got it brother. (A growl is heard as they enter Slarg’s chamber. As they get closer the monster is in full view of the brothers and Slarg roars at seeing the presence of intruders)
LINK

Saint: Brother......It’s....It’s.... (Sage looks at Reave with a very irritated look)
Sage: Don’t. Just Don’t.
Saint:.......It’s KING KOOOOOOOONG (He poses in dramatic fashion and Sage puts his hand on his forehead, rubbing it)
Sage: Are you done?
Saint: Pretty much yeah. (Saint smiles as he scratches his head, but then he looks past the beast and sees a crystalline pedestal with a ring) BROTHER LOOK, it’s your Ring of Paralization. Kiari must have left it there for you. (Sage looks and begins to laugh uncontrollably)
Sage: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
Saint: Brother Blaze??? Why are you laughing. (Sage recovers his composure)
Sage: *ahem* Kiari must be dumber than I thought.
Saint: Huh, brother, don’t say that about her.
Sage: It’s true. Just destroy this ugly ape and you’ll see what I mean. (Slarg charges at the brothers, breaking the huge stalagmites protruding from the ground and ceiling along its path) Get Ready.
Saint: Yes! "Long sword of the quick, ARISE" (A long sword materializes in Saints hand, and with amazing speed Saint dodges Slarg’s huge fist slams. Each slam makes the ground quake. Slarg goes after Sage, but Sage teleports out of the way by engulfing himself in flames and materializing behind Slarg a good distance away.)
Saint: I’M OVER HERE. (Saint taunts Slarg as he dodges Slarg’s every swing and slam of his four fists)
(Slarg’s rage grows and he beats his chest, full of wrath. He directs his sight towards Saint and slams the ground with such force that the ground cracks towards Saint’s position. Saint moves out of the way, but the crack reaches the entrance to Slarg’s chamber, collapsing the only entrance out)
Saint screams to Sage: The beast has blocked our only way out.
Sage: We have to stop him before he brings this whole place down. FINISH THIS NOW, REAVE.
Saint: Right! I’ll end this quickly. “Sword of the Dancing Flames, slash a path to my enemy’s demise” (Another sword engulfed in flames materializes in Saint’s hand, replacing his long sword of the quick. With every swing Slarg is forced to the defensive position)
ImageImage
LINK
Sage: He’s being cornered. Good. I’ll block his path. (Sage raises walls of flames in all directions so the beast cannot escape. Slarg has no choice but to confront Saint head on and charges wildly)
Saint: YOU”RE FINISHED, SLARG. “DANCE OF THE PHOENIX”
LINK
(Saint slashes multiple times with amazing speed right through Slarg and ending the attack with both opponents facing away from each other. Slarg then collapses, defeated soundly by Saint)
Sage: It’s over, finally! And not a scratch on you, brother. That’s better than I did with the “Gila Beast”. (Sage walks towards the crystalline pedestal and gets his Ring of Paralization, putting it back on his left hand)
Saint: Yeah but, I’m a bit drained myself. (Saints drops down to the ground and takes a rest. Sage comes walking towards Saint and kicks him on the leg) OW, what was that for?
Sage: Get off your butt and get the Ruby.
Saint: The what? (Saint looks confused at Sage’s demand)
Sage: The dragon gem, you dunce.
Saint: But I thought Kiari took it.
Sage: That dumb thief took the fake one. The real Dragon Ruby is in Slarg himself.
Saint: You must be joking.
Sage: Go and look for yourself. (Saint goes over and sees that Slarg’s charred body has disintegrated and what is left in its place is the Ruby gem with the dragon symbol on it. So Saint picks it up and puts it in his inventory)
Saint: But how did you know brother?
Sage: That crystalline pedestal has been emitting an energy barrier within this chamber, the same energy signature that a dragon gem emits. Anyone who had the real dragon gem would not be able to leave with the Ruby unless the barrier was taken down. The only way to do that is by defeating Slarg, and something within Slarg was emitting the same energy as the barrier. The gem on the pedestal was merely a fake while the real dragon gem was within Slarg.
Saint: I see....Hey look, I gained the “Fists of Slarg”.
Sage: Good for you, brother. You’ve earned it. (Sage looks at the empty crystalline pedestal) This is why you should always be aware of your surroundings. That dumb thief thought she was smart, thinking it was that simple to get the dragon gem. Serves her right for stealing my ring.
Saint: But she gave you back the ring by leaving it there for you.
Sage: And that’s supposed to make us even? She left us here to face this ugly ape by ourselves.
Saint: Why are you so mean brother, we could at least give her this dragon gem. I mean, we don’t need it.
Sage: Don’t be ridiculous, we earned this useless piece of item fair and square, if she wants it then she’ll have to fight us for it.
Saint: I don’t want to fight Kiari. (Sage comes up to Saint and yanks the dragon gem away from him)
Sage: Fine! If you don’t want to hurt your damsel in distress, then I’ll keep the gem. She can fight me for it.
Saint: But, one problem brother? How are we supposed to get out of here? The way we came in is blocked. (Sage looks up at the ceiling)
Sage: Then we’ll blast our way out of here. (Sage puts his arm above him and opens his hand with palm wide open and creates a huge ball of fire, he then fires it, creating a huge gaping hole in the ceiling)
Saint: I guess we can leave then. (Sage puts his right hand on Saint’s left shoulder and they both teleport, engulfed in flames and materialize back to the surface)
Sage: Let’s go, brother Reave. We still need to find that booster item you were talking about.
Saint: Don’t forget that “thing” you were looking for, brother Blaze. (A faint smile shows in Sage’s face)
Sage: I haven’t forgotten.
(The brothers leave the Lair of Slarg, off to their destination beyond the “Wilderness”.)
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:08 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji grunted in surprise as he was lifted into the air and onto the horse. He hesitated a moment, studying his new friend. Was that...aggravation?! Yes!! Finally, some progress! With renewed interest, Kenji urged his horse after the man. Kenji heard him yelling something, and the name Cyrano. Cyrano? Kenji followed his companion's gaze to the man with the insanely huge sword. So that was the famous Cyrano, eh? More than anything, Kenji was intrigued by the fact that the two men were holding a conversation, albeit not the most friendly one he'd heard. They definitely knew each other, and apparently played this game of cat and mouse a lot. Who exactly was this guy, that the Cyrano would take the time to insult him and vow to destroy him? Kenji stored this interesting bit of information in the back of his mind, determined to get to the bottom of it, as he continued to urge his horse to catch up. As his buddy turned to look at him, Kenji smiled hugely and waved.

/Eric/Zare/
Eric sighed as he sat at the table, chewing on a three-day-old piece of pizza. After all the work he'd done, he felt like he'd actually competed in a real life cross-country race. Between working on the car, cleaning out the eaves troughs, mowing, cleaning house, and working at his part-time job, he'd had a full day. He was ready to chill out and enjoy himself, and he couldn't think of a better way than Infinite. He smiled when he thought of the look on Archer's face as he'd come crashing into the campsite, only to see Zare opening his inventory to pass the satchel to the camp's leader. Zare hadn't been a moment too soon. Eric cringed to think what would have happened if he'd altered his course at all. But that was in the past, and now he was just relieved to know that he'd secured the position. Of course, as a military messenger, he was required to be online at specific times, and if his real life got any more hectic, he'd probably end up having to relinquish the position. At the moment, however, things worked out perfectly, and he was able to get on in the evening when he didn't have anything going on. And honestly, he didn't really have any personal interests or hobbies outside of Infinite. No friends, no desire to get out and try new things. Infinite was his chance to escape from the frustration and depression that was his life.
As Eric forced down the last bite of his pizza, he took a quick drink of water, heading to his room. He hesitated at the door of his mom's room, his hand momentarily reaching for the doorknob. He knew he should say hi to her or something, especially since she'd been sick for the last few days. But lately he didn't know how to talk to her. They'd just sit with awkward silences, till one of them needed to go do something. Eric didn't feel like putting either of them through that, so he pulled his hand back and went to his room instead. He knew his aunt would there to spend time with her that evening anyway. Eric consoled himself that everything would be okay, and shoved his entire life into the back of his mind. He slammed the door on that particular section of his mind, double-bolting it and throwing a mental wardrobe in front of it for good measure, like he always did before logging onto Infinite. This was his time to be the teenage kid he longed to be, and life wasn't going to get in the way.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Banana Lobster » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Sage Shade

'Such a pretty crystal...so shiny....' Shaking her head and stamping her feet, Shade fought the magic, struggling to remain in horse form, and to keep from staring at the crystal. She could feel the magic reaching into her mind, a calm, soothing presence, and slowly, she calmed, landing lightly on all four hooves. Taking deep breaths, her gaze centered on the crystal, and she barely noticed the crystal finally take hold. For a moment, her eyes darted up to meet the girl's, but then the crystal--'it glows slightly, fascinating'--reclaimed her attention.
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:07 pm

Good, it's working. Lydia thought, watching as the horse's eyes were drawn to the crystal. She waited patiently, but eagerly, until the white stallion's attention was focused firmly on the crystal, then she slowly took a few steps forward, moving closer to the horse, but not making any sudden movements.
When she was close enough, Lydia slipped the lasso in the rope over the horse's had and around it's neck, then, moving very slowly, because if she spooked that horse it'd tug the rope and dislocate Lydia's arm, she walked backward to the nearest tree, and rather skillfully tied the rope around it. She walked close to the horse, keeping the crystal in it's sight, and took a treat from her inventory. It was a special treat, designed to appeal to almost any creature in Infinite -not including players, and Lydia learned the hard way- and was for that purpose useful to Tamers.
The crystal will only last a bit longer, Lydia thought, reaching her hand with the treat out to the horse, and if I can establish a friendship with the horse soon, I won't have to use a second crystal on it. Those crystals were actually expensive, and Lydia didn't like using multiple ones on a single animal if she could help it.
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Sage Shade

Slowly, the crystal's magic started to dissipate, though Shade only noticed because the crystal's glow was fading. Her nose twitched as the girl brought something closer, something that smelled very, very tasty. Shade finally tore her eyes away from the crystal, her focus changing instead to the treat in the girl's outstretched hand.

The moment her focus changed, the crystal's hold on her shattered, and she shook her head, furious with herself. She stomped her feet and whinnied, glaring at the girl. There was no two ways about it, she would have to transform in front of someone. Shade preferred to avoid this, enjoying the privacy having two forms (one of which was barely seen, ever, by anyone) granted her.

Closing her eyes, she let the transformation take place, briefly enjoying the sensation of having fingers again for a few moments before she remembered why she was changing shape. Unfortunately, even as her neck shrunk, the loop in the rope shrunk as well, remaining firmly around her neck. Scowling, she pointed to it. "Do you mind?"
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Lydia stepped back cautiously when the horse got away from the crystal's hold as the item lost power and, once it was used up, shattered. The horse started throwing it's head around and stamping, and Lydia was already reaching for another crystal from her inventory when the horse seemed to calm down by itself. The horse looked right at Lydia, looking very angry, and Lydia watched it cautiously.
Then, the horse started to change, and Lydia took another step back, pulling out a second crystal, and the knife from her belt, just in case. Once the transformation was over, Lydia simply stared at the sight that greeted her: a girl was standing there, and under the hood attached to the dark cloak Lydia could see the same white skin and green hair that the horse had had, and also saw that the girl looked very annoyed. As Lydia was staring, completely unsure of what to do in the current situation, the horse girl pointed to the rope around her neck, "Do you mind?" She asked.
Lydia blinked her eyes that had grown to the size of saucers, then, in something of a daze, she nodded, sheathing her knife and returning the crystal to he inventory, she stepped forward and slipped the lasso over the girl's head, freeing her from it. After that, she stayed quiet for a moment, not having a clue what the proper etiquette would be for the scenario.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:14 pm

OOC- haha Freddy. However, I am so much more clever than you are.

/Zara/Kiari/
"Gem safe?"
"Yup. Figures the mods would try to pull a stunt like that."
Kiari grinned. "Energy is so easy to pull, isn't it? Even a glass replica can seem real with just enough energy. However...." She grinned evily now. "I know best. Only the real gem has such controlled strength. I can almost feel Fafnir within him."
"The fake was pretty good too. I'm really glad you picked up on it, though. I was feeling a right fool when I thought we'd been tricked."
Kiari grinned. "Take nothing for granted, Hawke. Those mods are a tricky bunch. Where to now?"
"Rumor has it a gem is on the new continent recently discovered. Shall we?"
"Lets shall."

OOC- in case you folks are thinking I'm making this too easy for my guys, don't worry. I'm planning an "accident" very soon.

/Rowan/Caesar/
Grimacing mentally and smiling outwardly, he sort of half-waved back. He reinned his horse in slightly. "I'm headed for Tiera now," he said, drawing level with Kenji. "You may not want to follow me. However, if you wish to do so, I will not stop you." Heaven have mercy on gentlemen stuck with idiots. What to do...
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:10 pm

OOC: Hey Wolfie, I was just wondering if you were going to post with Valerian?

~ Landon/Arystar ~

Landon sighed in relief when he finally finished his chores, he opened the door to his room; shutting it quietly. "Now I can go play!" He grinned as he logged into Infinite.

Arystar's eyes shot open and he stumbled for a minute 'Unexpected. Forgot I logged out here' he was on a small grassy hill, he was wandering around, just looking at the Tierian territory. Ary smiled and began strolling on a small path.

OOC: GAH!This sucks, sorry I failed, Wolfie.X3

Koneko-chan

Postby Banana Lobster » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Sage Shade

Rubbing her neck--this wasn't the first time someone had caught her and wrapped a rope around her neck, though usually Shade got away without having to transform--Shade automatically checked her knives to make sure they were in place. As she did this, she asked, "Are you going to stand around all day gaping or do you have something you want?"
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Lydia did, actually, stand there staring for a few more seconds, before the other girl's words finally reached her and snapped her back to reality. She shuffled her feet nervously, turning away from the horse-girl and setting herself to the task of untying her rope from the tree.
"Um, sorry, about that." She said after a few seconds of uncomfortable silence, "I was out here looking for animals to tame, I didn't really expect any players out here, especially shapeshifters, so when I saw you, I thought..." She let her voice trail off. When she had coiled the rope back up and put it into her inventory, she tunred and looked at the horse-girl. Sure enough, the player icon was there now, even so, it wasn't there earlier, it couldn't hurt to check. "You, um, are a player, aren't you?" She asked.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:36 am

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji perked up.
"What a coincidence! Tiera is actually my home country! It would be fantastic if I could travel with you, even for just a short while. Hey, do you know anything about katanas?"
This was going to be so much fun!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Sage Shade

"Yes, I am." Shade eyed the girl out of the corner of her eye. She didn't seem to have any markings on her clothing that would display ranking, but that didn't mean she couldn't still be a member of either Tiera or Nescala's armies. "Sounds like the fighting has stopped. Any idea who won?" The question wouldn't tell her whose side the girl was on, but she would at least know if the boundary between the two armies had shifted at all.
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Lydia shook her head and shrugged, "Nope, I don't even know who was fighting, really." She said. Now that she was getting over the shock of sudden events, her mind was returning to its normal state, "I don't keep up very much with news of the war. Too much hassle." She sat down on a thick tree root, making herself comfortable as she looked up at the cloaked girl, "And, since you were way out here, I would guess you aren't involved in the conflicts, either." She added.
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Sage Shade

"No, I'm not," Sage said flatly. Pursing her lips, she stopped for a moment to think her next question through. "You're not a half-bad Beast Tamer, and you can't be a half-bad adventurer either, with those crystals of yours. And you've probably tamed plenty of beasts around here. Do you hire yourself out, or....?"
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Lydia smiled as the cloaked girl complimented her skills, "Thanks." she said, then listened to the question. "No, I don't hire myself out. I just work for the one person I want to do services for, and that's me." She grinned as she jabbed a thumb to her chest.
"Hey, by the way, I haven't introduced myself." She said, standing back up and dusting herself off, as some of the moss around here tended to be clingy. She held her hand out, still smiling, "I'm Lydia, Beast Tamer and usually solo adventurer."
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Sage Shade

Ignoring the outstretched hand, Shade replied, "Sage Shade, solo adventurer." Looking around, she could barely see the river she had heard through the bushes. Knowing there was some water within easy reach, she relaxed a little. "Where are you headed?"
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Lydia sighed in an overly dramatic way, drooping her shoulders and hanging her head. "Well... That's the problem." She said, "I was on my way over here to this area to look for the rare monster I had heard of, but there may not even be anything of that sort. And if there was, it may have just been you. Do you hang around here a whole lot?"
She got the impression quite quickly that Shade was a quiet person, and seemed a bit cold. Yep, she's a solo player, through and through. She thought. Still, when Lydia, with her outgoing and energetic personality, mixed with solo players, it sometimes tended to produce interesting results, that were fun to watch, at least.
Oddood198

Postby FreddyCast » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:27 pm

OOC- Ok, new character. I hope you approve Wolfsong.

Name: Eilis Ellison / Priestess Elian

Appearance: Long blond hair that’s braided around her head like a crown and going down her back and wears a normal dress with flower patterns and bracelet on her left wrist. / A purple priestess dressing and the same hair style but white hair instead. She carries a staff with her which also conceals a long sword within it.

Race: Half Human, Half Angel :angel: . A priestess of the Divine Demiurge of the world of IP.

Power: Power of Healing, of the Elements, and of Supernatural Barriers

Personality: An approachable person that’s kind-hearted and motherly, but cautious. She also has zero tolerance when it comes to dealing with rude people. Plus, she has a history with Dean Solis/Sage Blaze and Trent Solis/Saint Reave.

Time: 2 years

Loyalty: Loyal to the IFF, she was chosen to be a leader among its ranks, but she turned it down, choosing instead to serve the cause rather than lead. She has been sent to go to the deepest parts of IP in hopes of finding something to end the conflict. One of her orders was to find the dragon gems as well, if nothing else of particular use can be found.
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:56 am

Sage Shade

"Sometimes I pass through, though, I have never run into this rare monster. It is probably only a myth." Shade absently reached out and started to gently nudge the river water into the air, creating shapes and patterns with the spray.
Banana Lobster

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying