Infinite Powers

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Infinite Powers

Postby FreddyCast » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:40 pm

Sage Blaze, Saint Reave, and Priestess Elian

(Everyone stares at a conscious Kiari)
Sage: It wasn’t our plan to meet again, thief.
Saint: Kiari, Priestess Elian brought you in. You're in a village somewhere in the "Wilderness".
Elian: I found you washed up on the shores of Aersha and brought you to my room for first aid treatment. Are you feeling better?
Sage: The better question is where is your vulture? Did he abandon you? (Sage grins)
Saint: Brother, be nice. What happened to you, Kiari? Where’s Hawke?
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
My Manga Story "The Fallen Rise"
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
ROMAN CATHOLIC MARIOLATRY Series
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Lydia considered the question for a moment, then nodded. "Yeah, I'll stick around for a while. I'll stay here until I get bored of Nescala, or Nescala gets bored of me. Although, that last one isn't likely to happen!" She laughed aloud at her own joke. Grinning, she turned to look at Zare, "What about you? Any plans for the near future? Got any quests or jobs to do?" She asked.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:44 pm

/Zara/Kiari/
After listening to the conflicting voices, Kiari latched onto the last one. "Hawke and I...we were trying to cross the ocean. We ran into a bad storm, and got caught off guard. Where Hawke is right now....I don't know." She shrugged, then instantly regretted it as her head swam. This time she couldn't hold out, but fell back against the wall. "Urg...I'm fine! I'm fine! So I'm in the Wilderness. What are you three doing here, if you don't mind my asking?"
Wolfsong

Postby FreddyCast » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Sage, Saint, And Elian

Sage: Like we’d tell you anything?
Saint: We stumbled into the village.
Sage: REAVE!?
Saint: What, it’s not like we have anything to hide.
Elian: These two young warriors are going to help me on a mission beyond Bastion Canyon to bring in rare items for the IFF that might help us end this conflict.
Sage: I’m helping my brother, NOT you or the IFF pawns.
Saint: You wanna join us? Or do you want to go find Hawke?
Sage: Her, joining us?
Saint: That’s right, you got problem with that, brother?
Sage: You bet I do.
Elian: No, we can’t impose on her. She has her own path to follow. Whether that includes us is up to her.
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Landon/Arystar

"Ah. I just been walking around the whole territory, just getting to know the area better, I suppose." He followed Ash as he said this "How about you?"
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:23 pm

/Eric/Zare/
Well, my current occupation is a military messenger. I'm on call, so unless I get a notification that I'm needed, I'm free. Despite the name 'messenger', we're really only good for relaying messages or orders within a battlefield when fighting players don't have time to contact each other; or for carrying supplies, provisions, that kind of thing. So it's usually a pretty dead, and honestly pointless, job. One only a geek could come up with. But hey, it pays."

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji gave Regal a thumbs up when he turned and smiled, then laughed when he quickly turned to face forward again. Despite his effort to remain aloof, Regal had just proven that he did in fact have a personality, as well as an ability to enjoy himself. Kenji couldn't help but be proud of him.
Pulling up alongside Regal again, Kenji whistled in admiration.
"That was a fancy piece of swordplay back there. You weren't joking when you said the rapier was your weapon of choice."
Suddenly, Kenji straightened up, staring intently into the distance.
"Did you see that?" He said sharply.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:37 pm

"Oooh, a messenger? I've never even heard of a job like that." Lydia said, "It sounds pretty fun, though. I don't think I could manage it, I'm not fast enough to run through a battlefield with vital thingies. I'd get hit." She looked at Zare, he looked plenty agile, but didn't see how he could manage to get through the chaos of a battlefield unscathed. She shrugged, none of her business, anyway.
"Well, if you aren't doing anything, I don't see why we shouldn't go after that monster and find that item you wanted." She said after a moment, "Besides, maybe we'll get lucky and find two of them, then I can get something nice, too. Well, if you don't want to, that's fine. I don't want to force a party on you. If you want, I could just go and stop bugging you." It was only good manners to make an offer like that, since in MMO's, there were plenty of people who didn't particularly want company, and she wasn't sure if Zare was one of them.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:48 pm

/Zara/Kiari/
Kiari was about to fire an angry retort, when another thought crossed her mind. Even if she did communicate with Hawke, she wouldn't be able to tell him where she was, except that she was somewhere deep within the Wilderness.
Then she had another thought: teleportation. She'd packed a few for emergencies. She pulled up her inventory, checking it while the two brothers argued. Much to her horror, her pack had apparently had a severe washing out, leaving her with one or two healing droughts, most of her equipment and few weapons surprisingly, but none of her extras or statis buffs or the maps were-
The maps!
In horror, she realized that the contact with water had soaked the maps, which must have disintegrated almost immediately. With a sinking heart, she switched menus, entering her menu for messages. There was a new one - from Hawke - with unpleasant news.
"Kiari - log says you're still in, so I guess you're okay. Where are you? Also, bad news, I got Jade to study the Ruby we found, and he says that one's fake too. Apparently it has power to control dragons, limited of course. Where are you? ~ Hawke"
"Guess I'll join up with you," she agreed, a very hard lump in her throat. "With no clue where I am, there's no way Hawke would fine me without months worth of searching. Much as I hate it, I'll go with you."
After a second's thought, she added, "And stop callimg me a thief, Sage. Where, pray, is my map for the Dragon Ruby?" This last she asked pointedly.

/Rowan/Caesar/
Caesar smiled faintly. "Heavier weapons tend to slow me down dreadfully. I much prefer something light-" he paused. "See what?"
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:17 pm

/Eric/Zare/
"It's not that hard when you're my character type," Zare said, not bothering to expound on it.
Zare studied Lydia. She was really bent on catching that snake, wasn't she? Oh well, didn't matter to him either way. Partnering didn't bother him, though he wasn't sure if it was something he'd like to do long term. Then he realized that by standing there not saying anything, he'd made it look like he was averse to her company.
"No, no, it's fine," he replied quickly. He felt bad making it look like he was one of those solo jerks who look down their noses at everyone. "I don't mind at all. Although I'll be more than a little impressed if you can actually catch that thing." He crossed his arms again and smirked good-naturedly.

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji stared more intently for a moment, reaching for his katana in anticipation. Giving the suspense a moment to build up, he waited about five seconds, then burst out laughing.
"Hahahaha! You should've seen the look on your face! It was priceless!" Kenji doubled over, almost falling off his horse. "That was way too much fun!"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Koneko-chan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Kha/Meeka

It was a nice silence for a bit, but Meeka can only take silence for so long "So, when's this ride going to be over?" She inquired at Valerian, tilting her head slightly.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby FreddyCast » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:41 pm

Sage: The map of the Dragon Ruby? (Saint whispers into Sage’s ear)
Saint: She means the one that you...you know.
Sage: Oh....(He grins and says to Kiari without hesitation) I burnt it up. It was dead weight. Didn’t realize it was yours. (Saint looks a bit shocked that Sage would lie about not knowing it was Kiari’s map)
Saint: Brother! (Sage sees that Saint is unhappy with him)
Sage: What? It’s not like we can do anything about it now.
Saint: Fine, if you want to be like that...(Saint addresses Kiari) Kiari, we have the Dragon Ruby with us. (Sage bursts in anger towards Saint)
Sage: REAVE!? Why did you tell her that?
Saint: She deserves to know.
Sage: NO SHE DOESN’T. WE EARNED THAT USELESS PIECE OF JUNK FAIR AND SQUARE. (Elian is surprised that the brothers have a dragon gem)
Elian: May I see the Dragon Ruby?
Sage: Huh? What for?
Elian: I wish to know if it is authentic. (Saint snatches the dragon gem from Sage)
Sage: REAVE!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING? (Saint hands the Ruby to Elian. And after Elian inspects it, she gives a small sigh)
Elian: This is not the Real Dragon Ruby.
Sage: WHAT?
Saint: It isn’t?
Elian: It looks real, but the essence within is of the pure fire element. It seems if used it can enhance the powers of any fire skills one may have.
Sage: Give it to me. (Elian hands it back to Sage) So this thing isn’t useless after all. It’s far more valuable than a Dragon Gem. Hehehehe. (All this time Kiari looks at Sage with rage building up inside)
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:50 pm

/Zara/Kiari/
Slowly, Kiari stood, her hands pressed together. While most of her powers were of healing, she did know a few tricks. "An interesting find," she remarked quietly, covering her actions. "As it turns out, ours was a fake too. According to Jade, a master hand at knowing the tricks of various treasures, it can control dragons, up to a limited extent. Too bad there aren't anymore hanging around."
She paused her actions, thinking. "Nah, not Saint. He's....decent, at least, though that's the best I can give the spineless idiot. Just Sage, then. Just Sage." Softly, she released her hidden spell, a sickness spell, designed to creep slowly up upon the victim, so that it seemed natural. She hadn't used this particular spell for a while, however, and hoped she'd remembered it correctly.

/Rowan/Caesar/
Caesar gave him a long look, then permitted a smile. "I see." After a moment, he added, "I would suggest, however, you tone down the act of boy-cried-wolf. Even here in the pass, there are many dangers awaiting us, and heaven knows Cyrano could drop on our heads at any moment. Come, we need to be at the next outpost before nightfall at least."
He spurred his horse on, riding at a canter deeper into the pass. The grand peaks of Tanmul towered overhead...

/Stephen/Ash/
"Me? Nothing in particular. With all the chaos abounding, its nearly impossible to find anything to do that doesn't involve getting on one of the faction's bad sides."

OOC- Koneko, I'll try to plan out some action for us shortly, so please wait. I'll plan this out, and post it the next time I get on.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:01 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
"Aw, Regal. Don't be boring. You're so amazing with that rapier, I bet you could take on a bunch of wolves, not just one silly old wolf. Either way, life is so much more exciting when you always stay on your toes, don't you think? I'd rather assume I'm in danger and be prepared than pretend everything's great until the enemy shows up. Honestly, I wish someone would drop on our heads. Though now that I think about it, that would hurt a lot. It would probably be better if they dropped in front of our heads..."
Kenji looked up to see that Regal was riding ahead now, his horse in a canter. Kenji grumbled to himself and followed suit.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Lydia smiled at Zare's last sentence, chuckling slightly and narrowing her eyes, "Ohoho, is that a challenge I hear? If so, then I think I'll have to accept." As she said this, Lydia opened her equipment menu and selected one of her pets from it, equipping it.
The small animal materialized at her feet, it was about a foot tall, standing on its hind legs, it was covered in grey fur and had a single talon extending from each of its front legs. This was her "Pet Aksela (Tally)", it was small, and not particularly strong, but one of the fastest pets one could get.
"With this little guy, "I can catch anything, no problem." Lydia said proudly, reaching her arm down and letting the furry creature jump onto it and scurry up her shoulder, "So, what exactly am I looking for?"

OOC: What's this, the third pet of Lydia's I've shown? I don't know how many she should have... I probably ought to stop around five or six...
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Zare watched as Lydia brought out her creature. Beast Tamers had always fascinated him, and it was always interesting to see what kind of animals they had.
Zare could tell at first glance that it wasn't a fighting creature, but he had a feeling it was pretty useful. At least, Lydia seemed pretty confident. Zare snorted, pretending to be skeptical.
"I'll believe it when I see it. Anyway, it was a two-headed snake, and it went that way." Zare gestured in the direction the snake had retreated. "I'll step in if you need my help, but otherwise I think I'll stay out of it and see what your little beast is made of." Zare stood back and arched his eyebrow, awaiting the outcome.
This should be interesting.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:24 pm

okay guys, I have another new character to add. Be nice to him, okay?

Name: Pierce Landon / Arachni
Appearance: Real- rather shaggy dark brown hair swept out of his face. His eyes are equally dark, lately reflecting a general bitterness against the world. Dark red v-necked no-sleeved tunic, black leatehr hacket, black jeans, dark brown combat boots. Stands about 5'7'', 26.
Game- He looked like this: Image, except instead of white his robe is black and the emblem is red instead of gold.
Race: Dark Elf, though he likes claiming to be a demi-god.
Power: Well versed in the ways of Darkness and shadows. However, at his current skill level, he has a long way to go before he can truly master them. At present, he can hide in shadows.
Personality: At first impression, Arachni comes across as sardonic but at the same time gentlemanly. As you get to know him, you find hidden depths to his personality that may come as a shock to most...
Time: Approximately twenty minutes now
Loyalty: Ultimately to himself, but he's already begun dipping his hand into the faction mess.
Last edited by Wolfsong on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:49 pm

/Rowan/Caesar/
He rode at a hard canter for a few minutes in unyeilding silence, then relented and slowed to meet Kenji. Earnestly, he spoke. "I would honestly love to relax and take the time to slay some wolves, but my particular wolfhound has proven clever. My position is an unsteady one, liable to collapse beneath me at a moment's notice. Sometimes I almost wish I'd taken a new career."
He smiled suddenly, trying to underplay that last, unexpected comment. "But my worries are not your worries. Come, I'll race you to the border." and he kicked his horse back into a canter.

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
Upon reaching the village, Ash gestured to one of the buildings. "There's a teleportal and a shop, if you're interested. The portal leads to Central City, the only real neutral ground remaining in this battlefield."
And like that, he shifted once more into the cold, aloft being above all others. He turned. "I believe that is all you will need."

/Carter/Valerian/
Valerian smiled faintly. "its supposed to be an hour long voyage, which is fact considering the distance between continents, and its been about 45 minutes. We should be close."
There was a sudden flash, and the loud roar of thunder rent the air. GRinning now, beginning to feel exilerated, he said. "A storm at sea! This may add to our time." Then he saw something, a kelpie perhaps, in the waves adead. NPC or player, they were bound to get battered.
"Ahoy!" he shouted at them. "Kelpie, or whoever you are, wanna come aboard? There's a big storm brewing." As if to prove his statement, the clouds burst, and down came the rain. Val puled up his inventory and equipped his cloak. He pulled the hood up, waiting for a reply.

/Pierce/Arachni/
"Its been a while, hasn't it?"
"Almost four years." Issalidor poured some of the clear, clean water into two glasses. One he passed to the new guest at his table. "I'd honestly thought you'd given up on ever returning." He raised an eyebrow.
Arachni shrugged. "Console's break, and money's tight. Its hard to buy new ones, expensive as it is. This game is popular after all."
"You'd think they'd lower prices." Issa passed him one of the drinks. "Very well, now that you've come back, what do you intend to do?"
"Get back into circulation, see how things are going, the original plan of action. Of course, heaven knows...this truly is messier than I originall heard, Issa. Are you sure things aren't out of hand?"
Issa snorted. "Why don't you talk to Nescala or Tiera and tell them that?"
"Maybe I will. What of the Slavers?"
"All but dead. Rumors abound that Cyrano finally killed the head of the guild, others say the man escaped again."
"And you believe?"
"He has not yet reconnected."
Arachni nodded. "Well, if the mess stays so, then I'm going to get out of the line of fire. IFF was the option for that, wasn't it?"
The two men shared knowing smiles.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Lydia smiled, raising a hand to her shoulder and stroking the Aksel's head with her finger, "A two-headed snake, huh? Should be pretty easy to spot." She said, then moved her arm so it was pointing straight down, and her pet ran down it and onto the ground. She looked up at Zare, "I hope you can keep up with us." She said, then turned in the direction he had specified, and started running.
"Tally, search for a two-headed snake!" Lydia said as they ran, and after a second, Tally ran ahead of her, covering ground in a zigzag pattern with quick bursts of speed. An Aksel was virtually unmatched in speed, but couldn't run for very long before tiring out, so Lydia had taught Tally to run in short bursts of a second or so, to conserve energy. Between the two of us, there's no way we can't catch a snake! She thought, already grinning triumphantly.
"So, what makes this thing so hard to catch? Is it fast? Camouflage? Poisonous bite?" She asked Zare, who she assumed was behind her, without looking back.
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Sage Shade

Walking over to the ship, Shade stopped next to it. "Permission to come aboard?" She had learned it was easier to ask the captain before boarding his/her ship, otherwise they tended to get testy.
Banana Lobster

Postby FreddyCast » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Elian: Thank you Kiari. The more people we have the better chance of success we have to complete this mission.
Sage: So the “blue wonder” decided to join up. I ‘d rather she didn’t. We have enough problems as it is.
Saint: Just why exactly don’t you want her to join us? (Saint demands)
Sage: You of all people should know why. I don’t trust anyone but myself. Everyone else will let you down. Everyone else will betray you. Everyone else will...(Sage clenches his fist as thoughts of his past haunts him)
Saint: But you trust me.
Sage: That’s because you’re family. And family sticks together. These two over here. They’re strangers that can’t be trusted.
Elian: I’m sorry you feel this way. If it makes you feel any better, I promise I won’t betray you.
Sage: You already have, the moment you sided with those IFF dogs.
Saint: Brother, Priestess Elian and Kiari can be trusted. I know they can.
Sage: Naïve as usual, brother. You’ll learn. I’m only coming with you because once they show their true colors I’ll be there to save your butt again, much to my displeasure.
Saint: I think you’re wrong, but I’m thankful that you got my back, brother.
Sage: Don’t make this a habit...Now (he addresses Elian) tell me Priestess, what is it *cough* that we got to do exactly, once we get to this place?
Elian: We just need to follow the path that runs alongside the Bastion Canyon. Once we reach the end, we’ll come across a lair that’s carved on to the side of the wall of the Bastion Canyon. The place is called the Lair of the Four Demons. Inside the Lair it branches off into four pathways, each one leading to the Lair of a Demonic monstrosity. This place is so dangerous that no one person can take on 4 high level bosses.
Sage: So *cough* each of us have to split up and fight a demon alone. Why, for what *cough* purpose? (Saint notices that Sage is coughing a bit too much)
Saint: Bother are you ok?
Sage: No I’m not. (Sage looks at Kiari, knowing full well that it was her who put a sickness spell on him. Saint looks on, confused at Sage and Kiari staring each other down)
Elian: It seems someone has.... (Sage raises his hand with palm faced forward, gestering Elian to stop from finishing her sentence)
Sage: Enough! Just answer my question.
Elian: I see...Well, once all four demons are defeated, it’s said that 4 rare items will appear among the defeated demons. I’ve also heard rumors that a dragon gem is there, possibly even the Dragon Ruby. (This bit of news excites Kiari)
Sage: *cough*
Saint: Brother, I think you should let Elian check you out.
Sage: No, I’ll just adjust my body temperature and burn away the sickness within me. (Sage says in his mind: That Kiari, what an amateur. Using a backstabbing trick like that. Next time you want to take a stab at me, do it face to face and not some mischievous kid’s trick)
(Sage addresses Saint)
Sage: Be careful who you trust, brother. Else you’ll end up catching a cold.
Saint: Huh? (Saint is not sure what Sage meant, but he guesses that he’s talking about Kiari, as Sage keeps on looking at her with cautious eyes)
Elian: We must be going now.
Saint: Yes, let’s head out.
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:31 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji laughed as he spurred his horse forward. This was more like it! Just what he needed to relieve that feeling of boredom that had been building up. But even as he leaned against his horse's man, Kenji's face twisted into a smug smile. Unstable position, eh? So he'd been right. There was more to this guy than he let on. Of course, that had been obvious from the start, but every time Kenji saw a bit of it, it sparked his curiosity anew. And what was that about a new career? What career did he have that not only made him want to quit, but also kept him from being able to drop it. Most careers in Infinite weren't really that binding. Kenji could feel his vague interest developing into an insatiable curiosity. Figuring this guy out was going to be so much fun.
"You won't beat me just because I'm shorter than you, you know," he yelled ahead. "My horse's legs are longer!"

/Eric/Zare/
Zare ran after Lydia, staying a pace behind her. He had to admit the little thing was fast, and he couldn't help but wonder how it's speed compared to his. He wouldn't be surprised if it was faster than him, even with his speed skill.
Zare didn't bother transforming. Lydia was keeping her creature with her, so all he had to do was match her pace. And true to his word he intended to stay out of it, so his cat form was pretty unnecessary at the moment.
"Oh, nothing much," he said as he came up alongside her. "It's just that if you run into it within it's nesting grounds, it transforms into a Titanoboa. Nesting grounds we happen to be about ten yards from, and probably where it's headed. But that can't be a problem for you, right?" Zare looked at Lydia innocently.
Up ahead was a large, circular field of tall grass enclosed within the woods.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:20 pm

/Carter/Valerian/
Fortunately, the captain was willing, which Valerian quickly passed onto the kelpie, who then came aboard. The storm was growing in strength, and the boat was being tossed about. "Perhaps we should vacate to the inner rooms," Valerian suggested, then said to their newest acquantence. "Would you care to join us?"

/Pierce/Arachni/
The place hadn't changed. Though all the world around was chaos, Central City retained its neutrality.
Arachni was enjoying himself again. It had been ages since he'd been here. He wondered if all the old hideouts were still in place. The alley with the red lightning bolt was certainly still there. However, that was as close as he dared get. Too risky, coming so close to an old known place. Rumor had it that it had been reformed into a meeting place for Central's peacekeepers. Arachni laughed to think of the amusing change that place went through.
He had already sent out pms to certain friends, and was awaiting replies. Now he was waiting for a certain one to contact him here, in Central, and help him get situated in this world once again. Of course, it would be in the most strategic place possible.
Yes, Arachni was truly enjoying himself once again.

/Zara/Kiari/
She nodded, grinning. So Sage figured it out. Well, she wasn't that surprised. Annoying as he was, he wasn't stupid. At least now her head felt better. Drowning was certainly not her idea of a good time, and she did not intend to ever repeat the experience.
"Well, four demons and four of us...that actually sounds too much like coincidence for me," she remarked aloud. "Anyways, anyone wanna draw lots on which one each of us will go for?"

/Rowan/Caesar/
Caesar found himself grinning. Wow, he hadn't been this open to having some sort of fun since before he'd tackled the position as head of the guild.
"Oh really?" he shot back. "Well even long legs get tangled together."
After riding along for a while, he saw the virtual sun go beyond the noon-hour mark. He really needed to speed things up, and this was such a long road...well, he could cheat a little, and who would care?
Softly, so as to remain unnoticed, he coaxed the wind into taking hold of them, speeding them along as a pace ordinary horses and time could not follow. Shortly thereafter, they found themselves at the border. Caesar had the wind release them slowly, that it would seem more natural. He tapped the wooden gate, grinning at Kenji. "Looks like I win," he drawled as the gate guard came out.
"What's your business?" he asked, though his tone was much more respectful than the guard from the other gate.
"Business of the Slaver's Guild, my good man," Caesar told him. "Would you please let us through?"
"Of course. One moment."
"Thank goodness," Caesar thought, relieved. "One of the supporters. That could have gotten ugly otherwise." As the gate slid open, he rode forward at a steady walk. "I really should try to be more careful... Has Cyrano been spotted hereabouts?" he asked the guard.
The man grinned. "No around here, though rumors say he destroyed one of your camps back somewhere in Nescalan territory. He can't really get over that fast, could he?"
"Heaven knows. That man is worse than a spirit, being able to go hither and thither." He dropped a gold coin into the man's hand. "A good day to you, sir." and he rode silently on.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:29 pm

"Oh, OK, that's neat." Lydia said, still running. She was hyped up and fully ready for this chase, the look on Zare's face when she caught that snake was going to be--
What?
Just then, the meaning of Zare's words dawned on her. She started digging her heels into the ground, trying to stop, and whistled for Tally to return. The Aksel returned to her without incident, but Lydia was going too far, too fast, and couldn't fully stop herself in time, instead she just tripped and fell on her face in the clearing. She groaned, "That's it, we're all dead, aren't we?"
Oddood198

Postby FreddyCast » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Elian: Well, if my sources are correct, it should only be four demons. But I don’t know anything about how these demons look like or what their abilities are. Choosing who will fight which demon can be decided with a flip of a coin or we can just choose whichever path at random.
Sage: So we’re going in blind. Well, I like a challenge.
Saint: Shouldn’t we go in and attack each demon together one at a time?
Elian: Actually, we can’t. Once we have each chosen our paths the way back will be blocked and there will be no returning until all four demons have been defeated.
Saint: I see. We should get going then.
(The four head out towards the Lair of the Four Demons)
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Kha/Meeka

Meeka flashed a smile at the new boarder on the ship warmly, then turned her gaze toward Valerian "Oh, yes, that's a good idea." Glancing back at the girl softly, she gave her a small smile again. She couldn't stop smiling for some reason.

Landon/Arystar

Arystar's eyebrows raised and he scratched the back of his indigo hair "Hm. Right. Well thanks for leading me here, very kind of you."

Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:15 pm

/Zara/Kiari/
Soon, after leaving the village and entering the Wilderness once again, insanity once again took over, surrounding the party with obsurdly overpowered monsters.
"How close is our destination again?" Kiari asked, ducking under some kind of ogre creature and striking the finishing blow...finally.

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
Without answering, Ash glanced up. The sun was almost overhead, and the shadows were almost gone. Softly, he stepped into one, and vanished within it.
Within moments, he had arrived at his destination...a frozen wasteland located extreme north of the contenant.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:13 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji looked up at the sun.
"How long do you think before we get where we're going? I might have to log out for a bit." Kenji grimaced inwardly, thinking about how much trouble he would be in for being here this long already. He'd just gotten so caught up in having fun, and finally getting Regal to have fun, he'd completely lost track of time. Or maybe he'd been paying attention all along and just chosen to ignore it. Either way, he couldn't afford to stick around too much longer. He was worried about logging out while they were on the move, because he was sure Regal would ditch him if he got the chance. The only way to secure his future was to play on Regal's sense of honor and convince him to let him keep tagging along.
"Of course, I don't want to slow you down. Maybe we should just part ways here," he said dramatically. "I hate to think of it, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make, for your sake."

/Eric/Zare/
Zare skidded to a stop next to Lydia, laughing. Wow, he hadn't laughed like this in awhile. He rolled his eyes, grasping Lydia's arm to help her up.
"Oh, don't be so pessimistic. True, we're about to confront a giant man-eating snake that's fast, vicious, and all-around bad news. But look at the bright side. We're not trapped here, so if we can outmaneuver one of the most agile creatures in Infinite, we can escape. And it only has one head. Imagine how bad it would be if it maintained the two heads. Unstoppable, I imagine. And I've heard of at least three people who've managed to survive fighting it. So it's not as bad as it sounds."
Zare narrowed his eyes in a challenge. "So are you up to it? You don't seem like the type to back down from something this fun."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Lydia couldn't help but grin as Zare helped her back up to her feet and described their opponent to her. "Well, as an old and wise man once said, 'certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?'" She went back to her equipment menu, silently apologizing for not using Tally as she unequipped him and placed the Pet item back in her inventory. Then she withdrew her best combat-oriented pet, her "Pet Daggeron (Relly)" and equipped him.
The small, black creature resembling a scaled turtle formed, letting out a small growl, and Lydia drew the knife from her belt, also taking one of her Taming Crystals out of her inventory and holding it in her other hand. Even if she couldn't tame the thing, the Crystal would at least slow it down and help them beat it. "So, when do you suppose our new host is gonna show up?' She asked Zare.
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Sage Shade

Shade shook her head at the half-blood (his icon revealed him to be half-human, half-raven). Turning, she walked over to the captain. Ignoring the looks she received from the other crew members, she told him, "I can help guide your ship safely into the harbor, for a price."
Banana Lobster

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:14 pm

"That's more like it," he grinned. As Lydia spoke, a patch in the center of the field began glowing bright green, shooting rays of light into the sky.
"There's your answer," he replied, nodding to the spot, casually pulling up his inventory to retrieve a large blue sphere. "Let's see if we can't give ourselves a bit of an advantage."
Zare chucked the sphere right into the spot, and instantly there was a loud hissing shriek. "That was an ice orb. Since it's reptilian, that should slow down it's movements for about thirty seconds. Don't waste it."
Normally the snake would have shot out of the tall grass and arched into the air, ready to strike at its opponent without warning, a move that killed a lot of newbies right off the bat. But with the effects of the ice orb, it slowly rose up boss-style, coiling into the air and swaying methodically, before opening its mouth to reveal rows of sharp boa teeth and a bad attitude. The snake towered a good twenty feet above them, and that was only half its body length.
Zare's crystal began to glow as he transformed, falling into a battle-ready stance.
"You take the lead here, I'm just backup."
ClaecElric4God

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying