Infinite Powers

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Infinite Powers

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:48 pm

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
Slowly, things came back into focus again. He felt light-headed, and the back of his head was pounding. He was aware of a voice shouting at him; it sounded like Zare, though he couldn't be sure.
With an effort, he planted his hands, and pushed himself up. He raised his head weakly, and found himself staring into Zare's worried eyes. He managed a grin. "Hey," he said. "You don't look so good." He managed to straighten his back, still grinning. "You'd think you were the one whose brother just tried to force you away," he continued absently, carefully touching his shoulder. Then he sighed. "Still...I got to forgive him, finally." He suddenly laughed. "My gosh, the look on his face...I think he expected me to try and kill him again." He shook his head, sober again. "I don't understand...he seemed more open, back in Siccilian. Now...he was cold as ice. Whatever happened..."

/Rowan/Caesar/
He shook his head. "Remember the Cataclyst? With the hacker Pierce causing so much trouble? Well, he's back. And guess what? He can kill people from inside the game, according to this pm." He shook his head. "The moderator, the Chancellor...my gosh. What has happened to this place?"
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:34 pm

/Eric/Zare/
Zare shrugged.
"I don't know what to tell you. But what are you planning to do now? He's gone, and while you may have made some progress with him, you do still have all of Infinite against you. You'd better come up with something."

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji cocked his head at Caesar.
"Um...yeah, that's good..." he said absently. Then things started to get blurry. Killed? From inside the game? Normally he probably would have either blown tn off or freaked out, but right now his brain was too fuzzy to figure out what exactly Caesar was saying. When it finally cut through his consciousness and started to sink in, the reality of it started to mingle with the pain in his shoulder, and he wobbled.
"Oh, wait...that's...not good...is it?" He said, starting to fall over sideways. He felt like he may have been desperately afraid, but he couldn't tell.
"Did I ever tell you..." Kenji turned to Caesar, cringing. "That I'm not very good with pain?"
Kenji slumped over, falling on his side. Panicking about the state of affairs concerning the game was going to have to wait. Right now, it just hurt too much to think...
And with that, everything went black.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:40 am

/Rowan/Caesar/
"Yeah, it isn't really--Kenji?!" He leapt up as Kenji suddenly collapsed. "Kenji?" he whispered worriedly. "Kenji!" The contents of the pm came to mind, and he started really freaking out. "Kenji!" He dropped to his friend's side, grabbing his shoulder. The instant he touched it, his face paled.
It took all his strength to stay in control. He knew personally very little doctoring, but the healing droughts had always worked wonders. Hand shaking, he pulled a bottle from his bag, fumbled with the cork, and began pouring some of it in Kenji's mouth, careful to make sure he swallowed it and didn't choke on it. The rest he poured on his shoulder. "Light, Kenji," he said desparately. "Please don't be...Kenji." He bent down, watching the shoulder repair. "I don't carehow strange you act, or how different you are in reality, you are...the best friend I have. I've never really considered people worth being around, most of them act like total jerks in my experience. You're different, though, and one of the few people to stick with me outside of merely working with me. Please...don't leave me now."

/Pierce/Arachni/
I never hated you...
tap...tap...tap...
I forgive you...
Snap.
A stalagtite of crystal suddenly broke off the ceiling, crashing to the floor. It shattered into thousands of pieces that spread across the glittering floor.
Pierce, seated once more on the crystal throne, eyed it listlessly. The pretty shards made rainbows all over the place, but hid the jagged edge that would tear through flesh and cloth without regard or mercy. Arachni studied them, then looked up to the dozen others decorating the ceiling. He smiled suddenly.
"So...they have three." He chuckled. "I suppose considering the position Hadrian holds in this world, theirs was the correct path." He closed his eyes, focusing his mind on the Code side of the world. He could only guess their path. Now, he needed to focus on his aim.

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
He nodded. "Working on it." He pulled out some healing droughts and began trying to finish repairing himself. It was a puzzle indeed. How was he going to take on the whole of Infinite by himself, in order to protect someone who didn't even really want his protection...
His eyes suddenly widened, and he grinned slowly, mischievously. "Hey Zare," he said in a deceptively soft voice. "How do you feel about joining the mod's forces? I'm confident in their ability to find Pierce."
Last edited by Wolfsong on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:24 pm

An intense firefight raged between Jean and Aeon's men, Jean was holding his own remarkably well, considering the disadvantage of numbers, and they didn't seem to be interested in the unconscious Claire, either, just him. Aeon hadn't moved an inch, he was just watching the fight with such a smug smirk that Jean wished he could get in close enough to punch him.
Jean was fighting well and managing to take down some of his enemies, but there were almost thirty of them to start with so his progress wasn't good for much. At this rate, our chances of making it out are pretty slim. He thought grimly, But then again, it's been that way from the very start.
A flash of movement at the edge of his vision caught Jean's attention, he turned to see one of Aeon's men off to the side, effectively flanking him. On realization that each of them were seen and had virtually no cover from the other, Jean and the other man both raised their gun and fired at once. Jean saw the man go down, but an instant after he felt an explosion of pain ripping through his shoulder and calf; he had been hit.
Jean had been shot at and hit before, but it had mostly been indirect hits, or shallow ones, even outside just earlier a sniper bullet had grazed his cheek. But those experiences were nothing like this, the burning agony as the super-hot bullet penetrated his flesh and punched it's way through, and even more the horrifying realization as he tried to move his arm that the bullet was still in there.
Aeon dropped his handgun and took his phone out of his pocket, Curse it all. Plan B. He thought, setting the phone on the ground and working his fingers on it as quickly as he could.
"Are you giving up, Mr. Kent?" He heard Aeon call out, "Don't tell me after being hit just once you're already done? Ha! That girl could take more than you!"
Jean bit back his tongue before he could reply, he couldn't allow Aeon to bait him, he had to remain focused. Finally, he finished the message he was typing and sent it out, then picked his gun up again. Now he just had to stall for time.
"What are you after, Aeon?" He asked, "What's the point to all of this? Are you after power, money, or is it just some twisted game to you?"
"Mr. Kent, you misunderstand me." Aeon replied, "I'm not after anything, it isn't like this is some job or game to me. I do the things I do simply because I can."
"That's your reasoning? Because you can?" Jean said, honestly, he wasn't surprised. If Aeon wanted something, he would have gotten it and been done by now. He could have anything he wanted with his power and brilliance, he had practically unlimited resources and information, he could easily crush any resistance, but he didn't. He allowed Jean to find him simply for the fun of it. "What about your victims? The people you mercilessly torture and kill, what do you feel toward them?" He asked.
"Oh, not much, honestly. If they're weak enough to be crushed underfoot by me, then they weren't really worth much thought to begin with. You're the only person that's managed to get my attention this well, Mr. Kent, that's why I was hesitant to kill you: You were amusing to watch, like a mouse in a maze."
Jean again had to restrain himself from shouting abuse, he was at the critical moment now and he couldn't afford to mess it up. A light on his phone flashed and he looked to see that he had a new message from Mitchell.
"In position, we're ready. Give the order."
"Do it. Jean sent back, then peeked around the corner of the upturned table at Aeon. "I've reached the end of the maze, Aeon." He said, "I want my cheese already."
No sooner had he finished speaking than one of the windows into the cafeteria shattered, and in through it flew a high explosive rocket-propelled warhead. It detonated upon impact with the floor and everything went white.

Get up. Get up. Move! Jean forced himself to move, starting by wiggling the tips of his fingers and working his way down to his hand and the rest of his arm. he ached everywhere, there was a terrible ringing in his ears, and his shoulder was starting to feel numb, while his calf stung like a thousand hornets.
He opened his eyes to see that just about everything in the room that could catch on fire, did. It was everywhere he looked, the whole cafeteria had been covered in flame.
He forced himself up to his knees, but couldn't manage anything more just yet. Gradually, the ringing in his ears faded and he got his bearing in the room again. He looked toward the center of the room and spotted Aeon, turned partially away, with a hand to his face. So he had managed to survive, somehow. Jean also spotted another person already on their feet, taking shuffling steps toward Aeon and holding a knife in their hand. Though he couldn't see the person's face, Jean saw the wounded hand and knew it was Claire, going to finish the job.
Jean tried to move, but still couldn't, he suspected he had lost a good deal of blood from his injuries already, and being halfway across the room from an explosion wasn't helping him any. He could do nothing but watch as Claire advanced on Aeon, knife in hand.
Claire finally got within reach of Aeon, and used her wounded hand to reach out and grab the collar of his jacket. She raised the knife high in the air, and Aeon turned his head just in time to see it fall and sink into his arm. He shouted in pain, but Claire wasn't done yet, she pulled the knife free and stabbed again, this time piercing right through his ear and hitting the wall behind uselessly. Jean was unsure if she was deliberately wounding Aeon or if she was so disoriented she couldn't hit him fatally.
Claire pulled the knife back again, but before she could strike a third time Aeon his her in the knee with his cane, then her side, twice, and when he hit her in the head with it she was knocked down onto her back. Aeon continued to hit her while she was down, shouting something that Jean couldn't fully understand, but sounded quite angry.
Jean tried to push himself up again, and this time managed to get up to his feet, though he wasn't very stable on them. He slowly started walking toward Aeon and Claire, intending to intervene in the fight.
Despite the beating she was taking, Claire lunged forward and grabbed Aeon's leg, then rammed the knife into it, all the way to the hilt. Aeon screamed and fell over, and Claire crawled over him, holding him down by the throat with her good hand while she made a fist with her injured one and began pummeling him with it.
Jean was close enough now to see Claire's face, her eyes were wild and bloodshot, and her teeth were bared and gritted together, she looked like an animal who had lost all thought and reason, and only wanted to inflict pain.
Aeon tried to raise a hand to stop Claire, but she simply swatted it down and continued her relentless attack on him. Blood was flying from her injured hand she was hitting with, and both their faces were practically covered in it by now.
Jean was finally close enough to reach the pair now, and he managed to tackle Claire off of Aeon and restrain her. She fought him, using all her might to try and break free and get back to Aeon, but he held her firmly and refused to let her. "Claire, that's enough." He rasped out, his throat was try and he felt like he didn't have the energy to speak, but he kept on anyway, "He won't survive anymore, he's half-dead already. We can take him in and make him stand trial, he'll be punished. We already won."
Slowly, Claire's resistance weakened, and her growling of effort and rage turned into sobs. Soon she had slipped back into unconsciousness, but her breathing was so normal-sounding Jean wondered if she hadn't just fallen asleep.
The cafeteria doors opened and Ben and Ana rushed in. Jean waved them over, finding he didn't even have the strength to stand anymore. They knelt down beside him and started checking him over, he could hear them saying something, but it sounded so distant he couldn't tell what it was. It seemed he would also be losing his senses soon, too, no surprise considering the injuries he had taken. Just before he lost his senses, he thought of what he said to Claire, and realized that through the entire hunt for Aeon, Jean hadn't fully expected himself to live long enough to say it, but it was true: they had won.

OOC: Phew, well, I guess that'll pretty much do it for Jean. Sorry it took so long, even more sorry if it was a pain to read, but there it is, I'm finally done with it. Hope you all got some measure of enjoyment out of it.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:11 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
The world started to come back into focus, and Kenji could hear Caesar's voice. In fact, he caught pretty much everything he said. But since he was still recovering (and this was way too good of an opportunity to pass up), he kept his eyes closed, just taking it in. He just barely managed to keep a straight face through it all, but inside he was beaming. That anyone would think that much of him...And to treat him sincerely. Then it happened. His eyes started watering, and he could feel the tears starting to leak through his eyelids. He turned his head, groaning.
"Took you long enough to notice," Kenji moaned. "I thought I was gonna die from the pain. You don't pick up on subtle hints, do you?"
Pushing himself into a sitting position, Kenji viciously rubbed his eyes with his sleeve, refusing to let Caesar see his tears.
"Seriously, if I'd sat their quietly enduring the pain like a man any longer, I'd've exploded! So much for all that bravado."
Kenji turned to Caesar with a huge, goofy grin on his face. But in an instant, without Kenji's consent, it died. Kenji bit his lower lip, his eyebrows creasing. Before he knew what he was doing, Kenji threw his arms around Caesar, hugging him as tightly as he possibly could. Everything Caesar had said before he passed out had finally sunk in.
"Regal..." he whispered. "I'm scared."

/Eric/Zare/
Zare raised an eyebrow at Ash.
"Wha..." Then he shook his head. "Do I even want to know what you're thinking right now? You look evil."
Then he shrugged.
"Whatever you say, Mr. Dark Angel. You're the boss. I'm just along for the ride."
But then Zare's expression grew very serious, and he looked Ash straight in the eye.
"Whatever happens, though," Zare paused for effect, making sure Ash was listening. "We're all getting out of this alive. Me, you, and even that jerk Pierce. For one, I need to beat the tar out of him once I get my hands on him, and I can't do that if he's dead. And for another, I can't very well die and leave my mom alone."
Then he clamped a hand down on Ash's shoulder.
"And there's no way I'm letting anything happen to my good friend Ashimatya. After this is all over, I'm taking you out for a steak in the real world."

OOC: It's wonderful, Odd. Whatever Wolf may tell you, I have been keeping up with stuff to some extent. And I think it was awesome. Good job.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:01 pm

OOC: It's wonderful, Odd. Whatever Wolf may tell you, I have been keeping up with stuff to some extent. And I think it was awesome. Good job.

When did I become the big bad wolf here? I've never said anything against it...I liked it.

/Rowan/Caesar/
"Well, I'm sorry," he began to say, when Kenji suddenly was hugging him and whimpering. "Regal....I'm scared."
"I, ah......" After a moment, he suddenly groaned and hugged Kenji back. "You bring out the worst in me, you know?" he said with a smile. "I never get emotionally unstable, but you manage to force it all out. But whatever. Maybe someday I'll fill up that smile quota you brought up." After a moment, he said seriously, "Kenji, its okay. Whatever comes, and honestly, no matter who you actually are, I'll be there. I don't care if you're as different in reality as you claim, you're the best person I've ever met, and I'll never abandon you, okay? We're friends now." After a moment, he began to think about things, and realized how awkward their position was. "Um......you can let go now," he suggested wryly, laughing.

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
Ash laughed. "Okay then!"
"Whatever happens, though," Zare said. "We're all getting out of this alive. Me, you, and even that jerk Pierce. For one, I need to beat the tar out of him once I get my hands on him, and I can't do that if he's dead. And for another, I can't very well die and leave my mom alone."
Ash stared at him, trying to formulate a response, when Zare suddenly grabbed his shoulder, looking very serious.
"And there's no way I'm letting anything happen to my good friend Ashimatya. After this is all over, I'm taking you out for a steak in the real world."
He just stared at him, flabbergasted. What...in the world had just happened? Zare...said....what?
For a long minute, his shock held him there, locked in place as though he had been paralyzed. Then, slowly, his hand came up, gripping Zare's shoulder. "Sounds good," he said with a smile. "I'll buy the drinks." Then he laughed, saying, "So...I hope you're ready to go protect this guy you want to beat the tar out of. Its showtime!" and he teleported.
The world shuddered a moment, then they were standing in the teleportal area of Central. Ash glanced around, then pointed. "Wispy Hollows is down this way. Heck...you can see the camp from here. Come on, lets go shock the nation together." Grinning, though it didn't quite meet his eyes, he started toward the camp, shoulders stiff like he was going into battle.
Cyrano....technically speaking, he was going to go betray Cyrano for real this time. That hurt, but....it was for Pierce. Cyrano would understand, he just had to...right?

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:45 pm

OOC: lol, no. I meant about me not paying attention. XD

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji jumped back, almost falling over in his haste.
"Uh...yeah. Sorry." Feeling totally awkward, he looked away.
I can't believe I just did that. What is wrong with me?
Kenji took a deep breath, trying to compose himself. The shock of the situation was wearing off. He decided to open his own message and see what it said for himself. His eyes widened when he read it, but he forced himself to remain calm.
"I'm gonna see if I can log out," he said casually, scrolling through his menu until he came to the log out option. He hit the key, but nothing happened. Kenji took a deep breath, closing his eyes. Waves of emotion rolled over him. Fear, uncertainty, anxiety, worry, concern, confusion, even a bit of anger at whoever had done this. But in the end the terror won out. He closed his eyes tighter, forcing himself to calm down. Finally he was in control, and he opened his eyes again.
"Haha, that's pretty crazy," he laughed, smirking. "Whoever did this is gonna have us to deal with, huh?"
Kenji laughed again, jumping up and landing in a handstand.
"Of course, I'll be sure to protect you from any random women who try to make you rescue them." Kenji grinned widely. It had been awhile since he'd tried to annoy Caesar. He missed it.

/Eric/Zare/
"Sounds like a deal," Zare said with more confidence than he had.
When they warped, Zare listened to Ash talk. Nodding, he morphed into cat form, striding confidently alongside Ash. If they were going to "shock the nation", they might as well go all the way with it.
"Just...don't do anything stupider than usual, okay?"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Saify kept up her mad dash through the Cave of Whatever-The-Heck and soon found the exit on the other side. She found herself now in a long valley canyon with high cliffs on either side. Ahead of her were innumerable little monsters, each one low leveled, but in numbers not to be trifled with. They looked like large salamanders, with four eyes and three legs apiece, and what looked like a bladed wing coming out of their spine.
As soon as she entered the area, dozens of the monsters turned toward Saify and made hostile-sounding noises. Saify checked her compass and confirmed she was still heading in the right direction, then she conjured up her suit of armor and spear. "I don't have time to deal with you all." She said, rotating the spear in front of her and flipping it from side to side, "Now get out of my way!!" She yelled, charging through and forcing her way through the monsters like a snow plow through leaves.
Out of the canyon, through a forest, over a mountain, and finally to the edge of Wispy Hollows Swamp, Saify kept charging with her spear out and battering aside anything in her way, monsters, trees, even a few players too dumb to move, nothing stopped her.
Finally, she burst from the thick swampy brush into the camp, and ended up cutting straight through one of the tents that happened to be in front of her. She continued her dash until she made it to the middle of the camp, at which point she stopped, dissipated her armor and spear, and just stood, watching the crowd gather around this bold newcomer. The old Saify probably would have just crumbled and logged out when put under the stare of all those players, but she was not that Saify anymore. She took a deep breath, then shouted loud enough for the whole camp to hear, "Cyrano, you grizzled old codger, get out here and show yourself so I can talk to you!!"
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:21 pm

/Rowan/Caesar/
"I suppose...what?" He stared at Kenji a long moment, then suddenly flared up. "Now just a minute!" he shouted, leaping to his feet. "You little blighter! If you ever talk about that again-!" he was trying for the words, but they wouldn't come. He couldn't tell if he was laughing or just plain irked.

/Cyrano/
He was waiting on the Chancellor's friend, the Lucem. The Chancellor had gone to check on the barrier at Central City, leaving Cyrano to watch the many players gathering to fight. There were more than he would have guessed, and it worried him.
"Cyrano, you grizzled old codger, get out here and show yourself so I can talk to you!!"
He jumped as a loud shout assaulted his eardrums. He turned, then smiled when he saw the person shouting.
"Saify," he said, walking over with one hand over his ear. "I was just standing in the tent right there." He managed to smile, though. "How are you?"

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:38 pm

Saify smiled as her long-time comrade Cyrano emerged from the tent nearest to her. "Well, for all I knew, you could have been at the other end of the camp." She said, "And you know, aside from the news that my old nemesis with a god complex has returned and is killing people for real, I'm doing quite well." Having said that, her expression turned serious, "Speaking of which, any news on Pierce?"

Lydia was just about to where Kera had indicated the camp was, when she heard a bizarrely loud shout come from the camp, and Lydia grinned, "Now that's a voice I know!" She said, running forward into the camp and looking for the shouter. Sure enough, there she was, Saify Calling, standing right in the middle of the war camp talking to Cyrano. She was about tu rush in and greet her friend, but stopped when she saw the serious look on her face, and remembered her warning to log off immediately. Well, it's not like I had a choice in the matter... She thought, But is she sees me here of all places, she might get mad... I don't want to make her mad... With this thought, Lydia stepped behind a few larger players for cover.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:55 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji laughed springing off his hands into a standing position...a few feet away from Caesar.
"Haha, that will haunt you for the rest of your days, old man." Kenji's eyes lit up with excitement, and he realized how much he'd missed teasing the poor guy. That and he was desperately trying to force the worry and fear out of his mind.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:03 pm

/Cyrano/
He lost his smile as Saify spoke. "Not much," he replied. "The Chancellor says he has someone coming to tell us more about this. I'm not sure what to expect..."

/Rowan/Caesar/
He sighed in resignation, but managed a smile. No, irritating or not, Kenji was one of the few people he could stand to be around for a prolonged period of time. "How about we go join the fighting forces?" he asked. "Unless you have a better idea?"

Wolfsong

Postby Banana Lobster » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Sage Shade

Shade stepped easily between people, ignoring the strange looks she got, and quietly equipping her Fiendish Claws, three sharp claws on each hand (OOC: Like Wolverine's, but not as long). Looking ahead, it didn't take long to spot Cyrano, not with the handle of that sword visible above the crowd. In front of him was a girl in orange, her belt hanging with bags and pouches, looking rather serious as she spoke with him. On the other side of them and a little to the left, behind an anthro lizard, to Shade's surprise, was Lydia.

Walking around Cyrano, Shade walked up to Lydia and nodded a hello. "Joining up as well?"
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Saify crossed her arms, thinking. So, we really don't know anything yet, we're stumbling in the dark. Looking back at Cyrano, she asked, "When is the Chancellor supposed to get here? We probably don't have much time."

Lydia jumped when someone started talking behind her, she was so focused on watching Saify and Cyrano talk she hadn't even noticed the other person approaching. She turned around and saw, to her own surprise, it was Shade. "Oh, hey. Yeah, I figure, I can't log out, so it's either here or in Central and, well... I'd rather die fighting on my feet than waiting on my behind, y'know?" She said, "Same for you?"
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:27 pm

/Zara/Kiari/
"So where are we going?" Kiari asked.
"Just wait a minute...we're here!" Hawke began to dive down.
Kiari stared down at the clear field a few minutes before memory clicked. "The Stargazing fields," she said softly.
Hawke smiled. "Where we first met, remember?" He started laughing. "Now that was a traumatic meeting!"
"Well, your large wingspan was kinda blocking the view," Kiari reminded him, unabashed.
"Still no apology. I've been waiting five years, and never got my apology." His smile was teasing as he landed, gently setting her down.
She took a couple steps forward, then turned and smiled at him. "I'm really very sorry for blasting you out of the sky and making you look like a roast chicken," she apologized in a sing-song voice. Hawke slapped his forehead, groaning resignedly. Kiari relented, reaching up to take his hand. "I'm sorry," she said, then smiled. "Still, that was a wonderful flight that night...that was when I knew you'd make an awesome partner." Her face was glowing when she looked up at him. "Thank you for helping me Hawke. I'm glad you were there for me."
Staring at her face, wearing such a beautiful smile, Hawke made a decision. "Kiari I...I need to tell you s-something," he said, stumbling on the last word.
Kiari stared at him curiously. "What is it?" she asked.
"Kiari...Zara, I...I love you. Would you..." He took a deep breath, then burst out saying, "Will you be my girlfriend?"
For Kiari, it felt like she was lost not only in a deep forest, but that the forest floor had been snatched from under her feet. This wasn't fair, she hadn't even worked out her feelings for Saint. Now Hawke...
"I...I need a minute," she said, backing away. He nodded quickly, looking like he was about to speak, then changed his mind. She turned and walked away, till she could no longer see him. She sat down and started thinking, about her life, her friends, everything.
Hawke. They had actually been going to the same school for a while, but they only really met that day in Infinite. Their friendship had blossomed since. She'd never guessed he'd felt that way. It seemed so strange. But he was perhaps the nicest person she knew. He had always been there to support her, lend her a hand if she needed on. Saint, though, had proven a nice guy too. A little naive, but in a kind, goodly way. Still, she'd only known him a little while. That could be all the difference.
Weigh them both in her mind, Saint and Hawke. Who did she feel the most toward. Because honestly, she liked them both.
A distance memory returned to her, and she made her decision.
Quietly she stood, brushed off her skirt, then started back. Hawke was still there, staring at the sky, waiting, hoping. She smiled faintly, watching the sun's rays play on his face. "Hawke," she said, walking over. He noticeably tensed as he turned to her. She smiled softly. "Do you remember, three years ago, when that hurricane hit? Where the water was so high my family was stranded on our roof? How you got a boat and paddled over to make sure we were all okay?"
He looked mystified as he answered, "I'll never forget it." He smiled slightly. "And you perched on your chimney trying to pretend you were up there because you wanted to be and didn't need any help."
She snickered, then asked, "You remember what you said then?"
He nodded. "I said I'd always be there for you, flood or fire." He grimaced. "You laughed, as I recall."
She nodded. "I laughed, because I didn't want you to know just how deeply you had touched the heart of that silly girl on the chimney." He stared at her then, waiting,. "You never broke your word either. You are always helping me, even when I'm behaving stupidly. I think...I know...that's what I like most about you. That's why I...I love you."
Her face went red, but she defiantly held his gaze. The tension seemed to be leaving him, replaced by a deep joy. It vanished completely as she said, "Yes, Hawke. My answer is yes."
He was suddenly against her, almost crushing her he held her so tightly. Face a very bright red, she embraced him, filled with a warmth no frost could chill.

OOC - yes, it sucks. I'm sorry. I suck at romance stuff.

/Cyrano/Stephen/Ashimatya/
"When the Chancellor will come I don't know. He claimed a friend of his would work with us, someone called Lucem." He shook his head. "When he'll come-"
He was startled to hear loud, surprised shouts near the edge of the camp. He turned in the direction quickly, his ears twitching as they tried to hear. The sounds were muddled and joined, but he finally made out a title: The Dark Angel. He stiffened, then his face seemed to light up. "Ash. You came."
Ash, followed by a blue werecat, marched through the camp towards them. His shoulders were thrown back, and his eyes focused ahead, as though the players standing around, fearful and whispering, didn't exist. He looked hard, Cyrano realized, as titanium material, a wall not to be breached. The glow died, replaced by a wary, tense caution.
Ash, despite outward appearances, saw everything. Every player, every weapon, he assessed with a cold, calculating mind. A dark mindset, he adopted it in the hopes he would not see them as people, people he may have to kill. And Cyrano. He would betray him for real this time.
Idly, he wondered if Zare felt any pressure from what they were to do. "Probably not. He was right, this is my lead, my plan. the weight is all mine." Ruthlessly he shoved it down. He was looking directly at Cyrano now. Saify stood beside him, not all that surprising. "She may prove my biggest opponent." He stopped in front of Cyrano, arms crossed.
The two stared at each other wordlessly for a long time, Cyrano from uncertainty and Ash from his cold assessment. Finally, Cyrano cautiously said, "Its been a while, Ashimatya."
"Rather," Ash replied. Then, finally, he relaxed and smiled tentatively at Cyrano. "Been rather a walk, though."
"Ash, I'm sorry," Cyrano said quickly, as if to make sure he wasn't cut off this time. "What happened...I was an idiot. It was my fault. I'm sorry."
"It was not your fault," Ash corrected. "Pierce played it, and us being in the heat of battle and so green...it was not your fault."
Cyrano smiled slowly, and Ash smiled back even as his heart burst. Would there be any chance for reconciliation after this? He nodded at Saify, then gestured to Zare. "Cyrano, this is my friend Zare. Zare, this is my old friend Cyrano, and you already met Saify."
This was going to really really hurt.

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:57 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
"Sure, why not?" Kenji said lightly, laughing.
"I mean, if we're going to die, we might as well do it while we're busy, right?"
Kenji laughed again, to cover up the true emotion behind those words. This was no time to be afraid.

/Eric/Zare/
Zare looked at Ash, eyes widening. What was this aura he was sensing from him? Something wasn't right. He was too tense. Zare suddenly realized that even though he'd left the plan in Ash's hands, he had absolutely no idea what Ash was planning. And for some reason, he wasn't okay with that. How was he supposed to make sure Ash didn't do something he'd regret, if he didn't even know what he was going to do?
Zare snapped out of his thoughts when Ash introduced him. He nodded politely. Who this guy was mattered very little to him at the moment, and Zare completely ignored the fact that this was the hero of Infinite he was meeting, and should probably be a bit more excited or something. Instead he grabbed Ash's arm.
"I'm sorry," he apologized to Cyrano, bowing his head. "But could you give us a minute?" Zare smiled politely, his smile dying as soon as his back was turned. He dragged Ash a few paces off, throwing his arm over his shoulder and pulling him down so he could lower his voice.
"What exactly are you planning here? You're turning all weird on me again. I know your brother's important to you, but try to control yourself. Don't do something you'll regret, Ash. Think about the other things that are important here; and remember that I'm here to help."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:14 pm

/Rowan/Caesar/
Caesar gave him a long look, then said, "We're not going to die." He turned, stepping forward a bit to stare outside the hole. After a moment, he said, "I suppose though...since we're entering what we're entering..." He turned, extending his hand to Kenji. "Back in reality, my name is Rowan," he told Kenji. "Some call me idiot, others call me a blockhead, but my actual name is Rowan." He smiled.

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
He was surprised when Zare suddenly grabbed his arm and dragged him off. Then he pulled him down closer to him and started talking. "What exactly are you planning here? You're turning all weird on me again. I know your brother's important to you, but try to control yourself. Don't do something you'll regret, Ash. Think about the other things that are important here; and remember that I'm here to help."
After a moment, Ash said quietly, "When it comes down to it, I'm going to be tagging along until I hear where Pierce may be. If I never learn that...then I shall simply tag along until they find him. Either way," he raised his eyes, meeting Zare's. "When we fight, I'll be on my brother's side, protecting him as I can. They can't miss that. I just..." he bowed his head slightly. "I'm steeling myself," he admitted quietly. "For the possibility. I won't kill if I can avoid it, but...I don't know if I will be able to."

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:35 pm

/Karissa/Kenji/
Oh, man. Kenji thought, panicking. This was bound to happen sooner or later, but he totally wasn't ready for it.
"Uh...Rowan, huh? Cool name." He put his hand out tentatively. "Um...Kevin. I'm Kevin."

/Eric/Zare/
"Guess I'll have to keep you in check, then." Zare said with determination. He straightened up, turning away. "I'm not gonna let you go back to what you were before."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Saify was surprised to see Ash and Zare again. She hadn't expected to see them again after their brief encounter at the aftermath of Pierce's return, and yet here they were, boldly striding into the middle of the camp, and it seemed Cyrano and Ash were acquainted already.
Before she had a chance to say much of anything, Zare and Ash went off to the side to discuss something. Weird, if they were going to talk about something, they could have done it either before they made their entrance or a little later into the conversation, when there was something new to talk about, but common sense was surprisingly lacking these days. In any case, Saify took advantage of the diversion, "Friends of yours?" She asked Cyrano.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:04 pm

/Rowan/Caesar/
He smiled at Kenji. "Lets go."
There was something he wasn't telling Kenji. Truth was, Caesar could still log out. He'd tested it via sub-log the instant he read it, which was probably how he'd missed Kenji's injury. But he knew Kenji didn't have that same luxury. He wasn't going to abandon the first person he'd found a worthwhile friend in. Confusing as Kenji could be, he was a good man. Caesar hoped he could talk him into meeting offline, once this was over.
Using a teleportal item, they arrived at the station outside Central. Nearby was Wispy Hollows.

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
He smiled softly at Zare. "Thank you," he said sincerely. He glanced around, then straightened. "You're the one," he said a little louder. "Who wanted to join this camp. Don't go having second thoughts on me now."
He grinned mischievously at Zare, then turned to face Cyrano, arms crossed behind his head. "So! Any word on our errant friend?"

/Cyrano/
He glanced at saify. "Once upon a time," he replied, watching the two with their heads together. Then Ash turned, asking for news on you-know-who. Cyrano shook his head. "The Chancellor didn't say much, only that he would send his friend to us when it was time. He called him Lucem,."
Ash stiffened slightly, then nodded."Right. Hope he hurries..." He was fidgeting. Odd.
"Why does he seem tense now?" Cyrano wondered. This whole situation of not knowing was getting on his nerves. He hoped he'd have some answers soon.

Wolfsong

Postby Banana Lobster » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Sage Shade

"Eh," Shade shrugged, "figured I'd see if I could help out. Better then sitting around waiting for someone else to jump in and save the day." She crossed her arms and watched the strange group gathering in the center of camp. What had started out as Cyrano and the girl in orange (Saify, Cyrano had called her) had grown to include a werecat and the Dark Angel himself. She nodded to them, "Interesting group, wouldn't you say?"
Banana Lobster

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:52 pm

/Zara/Kiari/
"Hawke," Kiari said after a while. "I was just thinking. I really need to thank Sage and saint. They really helped me out. I need to thank them somehow."
"Well...why not pm them, let them know you want to? I'm sure they'll figure something out." He grinned. "At least, Saint might. What little I remember, Sage would probably write you off as useless. I'm surprised he helped you with anything."
Kiari chuckled, then started her pm, addressing it to Sage and Saint.
Hey guys! Everything worked out great. I'm free of him now, permanently, unless he wants to have some jailtime.
I owe you guys. Reluctant or not, you helped me out a lot. If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know. I want to return the favor.
Thanks again! ~ Kiari

Suddenly, as she sent it, Michaelis and Astral appeared in front of her. "Kiari," Michaelis said, his tone formal. "I desire to sever the bond between us."
"I desire to sever the bond between us," Astral repeated.
Kiari was surprised at the suddenness of this, but also became uncomfortably aware of her unrecovered stats. "I understand, but I am not ready to fight."
"There is no time," Astral said, her voice urgent.
"No hard feelings Kiari," Michaelis said, suddenly moving. "But this is the only life I have left, and I'm not ready to give it up." He swung his arms back as his scythe appeared in his hands. With a roar he swung at her. Hawke dove to cover her, but Astral blasted him with a beam of light erupted from her hands. Kiari tried to duck back, but Michaelis had anticipated the instinctive movement and swung wide. Kiari screamed as her skin was torn. From right shoulder to opposite hip, blood gushed out like a new spring. All but dead, for while deep the stroke missed anything that would instantly kill her, Kiari collapsed in a broken heap, choking and sobbing.
Michaelis looked uneasy as he said, according to formal bonds, "Thus we have destroyed what ties us together." His scythe vanished, and he backed away slightly. "i'm sorry," he said simply.
"For the pain you feel now, and the pain to come," Astral said quietly. Michaelis took her shoulder, and they teleported away.
Kiari's left arm, the only one she could still use, fumbled feebly for her pack for a healing drought. "When did...you get so strong?" she whispered. Her vision was blurring; was that Hawke? "Michaelis...Astral...Why?"

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Lydia nodded, "Yeah, not exactly the type of gathering you see every day, that's for sure." She said. Two veterans from the cataclysm, one person she recognized as the infamous Dark Angel or whatever he called himself (there were too many players trying to sound cool with a nickname like 'Dark Angel' or 'Angel of Death', Lydia thought, but when the largest demographic was teenagers, and boys especially, it couldn't be helped.) and...
"Zare?!" She exclaimed before she could help herself, though she did try to keep her voice low so neither of her friends in the meeting would hear her. But what was Zare doing here? With the Dark Angel, no less! She would have to try and get a chance to talk to him, she decided, but for now she just stayed quiet and listened.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:29 pm

/Every poor soul in Infinite now/
Lucem surveyed the field with a grim smile. Everything was in place now. Cyrano and his ilk, the players, Pierce, even Oracle and Maximius were as he wanted them. There was only one thing left, one final thing to determine, and all would be complete.
Cyrano, he began his pm. The time is now. Take your men and go to Siccilian: Crystal caverns. There is a teleportal location you may use. I will join you when I can. He smirked, a surge of pleasure coursing through him. At least, at last, the time was now. No more waiting, it was finally time.

Cyrano glanced at the pm, reading through it quickly. For a moment, he studied it with suspicion. It seemed odd that a player working with the mods would remain absent from something so important to the moderators. Still...maybe he was in another job from the Chancellor. So much was unknown.
There was a teleportal item included with the pm, one that had the ability to transport the entire camp. Struggling with doubt and suspicion, he activated it.

Arachni sat bolt upright when he realized what the new noise was. There were people int he dungeon, lots of them. For a second, he debated flight, then realized there was a block around the dungeon. He considered it, then decided that perhaps it was just as well. The fight would have com eventually, it may as well be now. Though, it was turning surprisingly and uncomfortably like the Cataclyst, and that was stirring up a slight anxiety in him.
Fight that. He couldn't be taken now. Quickly, he pulled up a map, checking the locations of those instruments and hands he dubbed explosives. He'd been placing them for months and they were there to plunge Infinite into chaos, at such a level that even he could be ignored. Maximius, in his mad wanderings, had destroyed a couple, but there were three for every city, five for every mountain, and hundreds scattered elsewhere. Once he set them off, even the barrier would break, and he would disappear till the right moment, snatching everything up. He smiled softly, triggering the command to set them off.
For a moment, nothing changed. Then, one by one, the marks on the map began to disappear. He stiffened, staring in shocked horror. "N-no! Who's destroying them? What happened?"
The map slid from his nerveless fingers, drifting softly to the floor. He stared vacantly at the wall, his entire body trembling violently. Those explosives, designed to release a potent virus he had modeled to perfection, the result of years work that could have finally won him his world, were all gone. In an instant, someone had reduced him to nothing once again, from hunter to hunted, from the predator to the prey. Just as Cyrano had, as Saify had, as Maximius had, as this new foe now did. From god to outcast, from ruler to fugitive, and the hunters were here now, coming for the kill Ash had said.
Killed, removed forever from the game he lived. Worse than reality, worse than life, the prospect of being cut off from the world he lived for chilled him most.
"They can't," he whispered, his voice rising to a snarl. "I won't die. Not here!"
He felt something, a presence, and whirled around. Sitting on the top of the throne was a figure Arachni had never seen before. "Who - how did you get here?"
The man smiled and bowed. "I have my ways, Pierce, as you do." Arachni's eyes narrowed, but the man continued. "I see you're in a bit of a spot. If you're willing to lose your pride, I'll let you ask my aid."
"I don't need anyone's help!" Arachni snarled. "I'm in control!"
The man smiled. "The offer remains open. When you're ready to humble yourself..." his form began to shimmer and fade. "Call for the Lucem's aid." and he disappeared, just as Cyrano and Ashimatya, followed by a score of others, burst into the room.
"Pierce!" Ash shouted.
Arachni straightened from his feral crouch slowly, exaggerating each movement as he rolled his shoulders back. When he turned, his face had recovered that knowing smirk. Well well," he said, his eyes taking in the whole of them. "Guests. If you'd sent me word, I would have prepared better. I suppose this will do." he chuckled dryly.
Cyrano stared at him, then said quietly, "I had hoped, somehow..." He shook his head, drawing his sword. "Pierce Landon, Python, Arachni, I have come to collect the debt you owe the people of Infinite."
"My, that's dramatic. How should I respond?" Arachni chuckled.
Ash suddenly started forward, stepping lightly across the fragmented floor. Zare followed, tense as a coiled spring. Cyrano started after him, trying to say something, when he suddenly fell back. Ash lowered his arm, a sick feeling in his heart, and stopped beside Arachni. He stood there a moment, then turned, his grim fact set. "I'm sorry Tyler," he said, his hard eyes focused on Cyrano, who stared in open amazement. "But Pierce is my brother, and this is wrong. I won't let you kill him."
Arachni stared as Ash reached out, resting a hand on his shoulder. Their eyes met, then they looked away.
Cyrano watched this quietly, then said softly, "Stephen." He shook his head, fists clenched. When he opened his eyes again, Ash could see the bitterness he had so feared seeing. "People are dying because of your little brother," Cyrano reminded him quietly.
"I've not killed anyone!" Arachni shouted. "I have no blood on my hands!"
"What about the moderators?" Cyrano shouted back ."The Chancellor told us everything! You disgusting virus, you're made of worse filthy than the junk that finds its way into the Slaver's Guild!"
"You're wrong!" Ke'Tala and Shaka Amity suddenly dropped from one of the ceiling cracks. Garrison and Andonov appeared from a passageway behind the crystal throne. The four of them came to stand with Arachni, Ash and Zare. Ke'Tala glared at Cyrano. "Pierce is not a monster. He may act like a little kid sometimes, but he's not a killer."
Arachni stared from her, to Shaka, to Garrison, to Andonov. Each one met his eyes with the same fiery belief Ke'Tala's voice held. They were there to support him, no matter what. Arachni just stared, unable to believe what was in his face.
Saify suddenly stepped forward. "People are dying," she said. "And one we trust tells us its you. Besides...I've my own personal bone to pick, Pierce!" and she rushed forward, manifesting a spear. Cyrano rushed after her, sword in hand. Behind him was Shade, her scythe in hand, and Lydia behind her. Kenji and Caesar followed from behind them.
Shaka took her spear, pure fire dancing on his figure. Garrison held a two-edged sword. Andonov held his knives. Ke'Tala was stringing five arrows. Ash held his scythe, Zare beside him snarling. Arachni's eyes trailed over this group attached to him, then he drew Eris and lunged into the fray.

A scream vibrated off the walls. Oracle thrashed about, shrieking in agony. The man beside her seemed beside himself, alternating between healing droughts and soothing.
"Oracle, you must calm down." he said urgently. "You can't let the miasma he's spreading take over."
"Remus," she breathed, suddenly clutching his wrist in a tight grip. He winced, and she spoke. "P-please," she said. "She will be, there is no avoiding it. But you must keep Aegis from her. Shew ill be our last hope if he wins."
Remus gently took her hand. "I will do everything," he replied. "Relax, please."

The battle was joined. The rest of Cyrano's crew, as much as would fit, had joined the fray, pressing against Pierce's group. Ash and Archni, locked back-to-back were holding off the joined attacks of Cyrano and Saify. Nancy and a couple others were trying to help, but Zare kept them back with dang and claw. Shaka engaged with both Lydia and Shade, her powerful fire and Shade's potent water locked in a fight for dominance. Ke'Tala tried to stay out of reach, using her bow to inflict as much damage as she could. Garrison was locked in combat with several others at once.
All in all, with the room beginning to fill up, it was a battle royale.
"I don't know about you," Ash remarked after a bit. "But I'm starting to run out of room."
"Its time to evacuate to higher ground," Arachni replied. "My crew already have a standard routine, but you're gonna have to do your own thing. Listen, take your friend into the shadows and escape to higher ground. We'll meet in Siccilian's snow fields." He slid to the mental chat. "Evasive maneuvers, now. We'll meet up top. Go!" His form began to fade into shadow.
"Hey!" Saify shouted, trying to stab him. "Running is cheating, you coward! There's nowhere you can run anyway!"
"You're so cute when you're mad." and he disappeared. Saify had a look that spoke volumes.
Ash ducked around Cyrano, using an item that petrified an opponent. Cyrano had only an instant to realize before his face went still, his entire body gone gray. Somewhat relieved, Ash dove forward to rest his hand on Zare just as he dove into the shadows.
Zare lunged back, then realized it was Ash. "Where are we?" He asked.
"We're going back tot he surface," Ash replied. "I'm using the shadow of the world to move."
Zare glanced around at the dark world and the glowing shapes that stood for people. "Interesting, but I'm looking forward to being in the light again."
"Yeah, lets get going."

"Is he okay?"
Nancy was scrolling through her spells, trying to find an anti-petrify, one she knew she had. Some kid, a newb surely, was staring at Cyrano's frozen face.
"I mean,:" the boy, dressed in desert gear, continued. "He looks pretty upset."
Nancy glanced up, her eyes lingering on Cyrano's face. His face was clear, but his eyes held his bitterness. That, and something more, but she couldn't figure it out. She extended her hand, pity in her own eyes.
"Esuna," she said. A gentle light surrounded the stone figure, and it slumped, taking on color once more. Cyrano shuddered, then lifted his face, and Nancy was shocked by the fire in them.
"Where," he grated. "Is Ashimatya?"

"Is everyone here?" Arachni asked, emerging.
"Appears to be," Ke'Tala answered promptly.
He gave her a set, flat look. "Don't think taking my side like that changes anything," he said softly. "I still don't trust you." He turned around so that he faced everyone, ignoring Ke'Tala's pained face. "They'll be here shortly. Cyrano is good at moving quickly. You all saw and fought his force down there. I want you to pick out a target and take them down." Shaka nodded, a grin growing on her face; clearly she already had someone in mind. "Find yourselves a spot, and hold it. Good luck anyone." He turned and started for the hill, Eris in hand.
Ash shook his head, then started after him. Zare hesitated before loping after. Andonov went in the opposite direction, leaving what remained of Pierce's original crew together.
Shaka glanced at Ke'Tala, then said, "Don't worry, he's just stressed now."
"Is he," she said softly. "Personally, I've never seen him more relaxed." She leapt into the air and started away from the hill.
"She may actually be right," Garrison said. "For all that's happened, he's doing quite well. Heck, he was almost smiling like when he was winning during the Cataclyst. I swear, he's having fun."
"Well, why not? We're facing the most impossible odds again. Come on, I'll race you." and she started running. Garrison grinned and bolted after her.

It was quiet when they reached the surface, a lovely world blanketed in snow. They moved forward cautiously, alert to any movement. Suddenly, fiery arrows descended from the sky. Ke'Tala shrieked a war cry as the group broke and scattered, raining various magicked arrows down on them. Her eyes sought their target, a well-dressed player followed by a monkey-like companion.
Shaka soon found Shade, and created a circle of fire around them. "Now we can have a real duel," she said, grinning.
"Maybe if I take you down I can prove Fire isn't the strongest element," Shade replied,.
Shaka chuckled, taking a firm grip on her spear. "Game on," she said.
Garrison had been aiming for Nancy, but Lydia came up from behind him, forcing him to take them both on.

Arachni watched as his mini scale force took on the whole of Infinite's hosts. It did not look all that good.
"Somehow, I knew you'd be back here," came a familiar voice behind him. "on the edges, out of the main fight, hiding."
He turned to face Saify. "Thank you for sparing me the trouble of finding you." He raised his sword, smirking. "Now I believe I have a score of my own to settle with you."

Cyrano found Ashimatya at the foot of the mountain. Ash motioned Zare away, then focused his attention on his old friend. Zare, choosing to keep an eye on Ash, went off a bit to make sure he wasn't interrupted. "Be careful Ash," he said softly.
Cyrano didn't say a a word, he just charged toward Ash. Ash quickly swung his scythe, focusing on blocking and defending. It was just like that battle. Cyrano's anger was blatant in his eyes, and the ferocity of his attacks were no weaker. Ash was again backing, dodging, defending, afraid to fight back. "Fool! You knew it would come to this!"
Something was building inside him, a dark, angry hatred of everyone, everything. Why was he forced to repeat this scene again and again? Was there no mercy, no justice, just this reoccurring nightmare of constant unending pain?!
Cyrano swung around, trying to get past Ash's defense. Suddenly, Ash spun his scythe around in a fast, complicated pattern. Cyrano struggled to keep up with him. Everything abruptly twisted, and he realized he was lying on his back in the snow, his sword laying on the ground several feet away. He looked up at Ash, who stood over him. He was chuckling quietly, but it grew to a strong, throaty laugh, rising till he sounded insane. Cyrano's eyes widened.
Dark tendrils played about him, snarling, hissing things that coiled around him in thick waves. He grinned slowly as he focused on Cyrano. He raised his scythe, swinging a lazy arc. His eyes had gone dark, and he seemed a whole new person.
Zare saw this, and quickly sprinted towards him, afraid Ash had finally gone over the bend. As Ash swung for the kill, he cried, "Ash stop!"
Ashimatya froze, his eyes widening as color returned to them. Arachni suddenly came crashing down, lying them all in a heap.
Saify jumped down as Arachni scrambled to stand. He, Ash and Zare stood back-to-back as Cyrano and Saify circled them. Arachni knew they were in a spot. He had seen his forces, it was part of what distracted him long enough for Saify to get him. They wouldn't last much longer.
"The offer is still open....Call for the Lucem."
"Alright!" Arachni shouted, as Cyrano and Saify lunged forward. "You win! Lucem, help us!"
"Lucem?!" Cyrano gasped, just as the world suddenly exploded in white.

Siccilian had been stripped of snow, leaving the bare ground. hundreds of gray bodies lay scattered, fallen players who failed to survive the blast.
Arachni stared at the destruction in dazed horror. Siccilian was completely destroyed. Even the proud mountain had been leveled, till it was hardly half its original size. As for people...any living remaining would be buried under the mound of death. "Guys," he said, finding his voice with difficulty. "Where...are you?"
"They're alive, somewhere. Personally, I'm surprised you care, given all you've said."
"They are...my friends, my brother," he said quietly. He turned to face Lucem, eyes narrowed. "Who are you, really?"'
He smiled slightly. "My name is Dynos Aegis, the creator of this world." He chuckled at Arachni's skeptical look. "In one life, I was the Chancellor."
"You-" Arachni stared at him, uncertain.
"My name in the world I left behind was Vincent Carrol. I was a creator of the game of Infinite, and the creator of the new world."
"I see." Arachni studied him through narrowed eyes. "I assume, then, you're the one behind this fight? Why did you aid me then?"
"Because I am intrigued by your level of possibility." He gestured grandly. "Only certain people can appreciate the beauty of this place, and you are the only one besides me who has realized the truth of this world."
"The...truth?" Arachni stared at him oddly. "What..."
"About this world...or do you unconsciously realize it?" he smiled smugly. "I must fix that."
"Pierce!" Cyrano suddenly appeared behind them. he looked towards Aegis, and his eyes narrowed. "Are you Lucem?"
"I am the Lucem. You may call me Aegis, hero."
"What's the deal?" Cyrano demanded, marching toward him. "Weren't you working with the Chancellor? What's going on?"
Aegis studied him a moment, then turned back to Arachni. "The truth is, this world is as real as the one Pierce lives in. People can die here, or build new lives. Our Codes? They're actually our inborn genes. I have been moving people from our original run down, used up world into this one. For many, its a chance at new life, at a new beginning."
Arachni stared at him, and yet, as he thought about it, it made sense. It certainly explained the deaths. And yet...
Aegis studied his face, then turned back to face Cyrano. "How about a demonstration." He put his hands close together, and a blade of light appeared between them. He smiled slightly, then shot it at Cyrano. Cyrano moved quickly, striking to knock it out of the air. As it contacted his sword, it suddenly split into rings that surrounded him, binding him. Aegis held another blade, already flying toward him.
"NO!" Arachni cried, suddenly realizing what this meant.
The blade went directly through Cyrano with no resistance. He stiffened, then collapsed instantly, his eyes growing quickly dim.
Arachni noticed, however, his form didn't gray, like Infinite characters did. Aegis smiled as he walked over, resting his hand on the fallen. Slowly, he pulled his hand upwards, and a tiny sphere of light followed. "This," Aegis said, standing with it cupped in his hand. "Is a person's essence, the proof that reality is now here." He smirked slightly. "And Tyler Loxly is no more." He dodged aside as a dark spear flew at him.
Arachni was shrouded in shadow, glaring angrily at Aegis. He had performed a Code...Genetic...Scan, and he had seen the truth. "You...you....murderer! You've really killed him! How dare you!"
"Don't be a fool," Aegis said with a smile. "You've hurt him more than I ever could."
"But I didn't kill him! Darn you, he was my friend once. You're destroying the world I love!" Eris appeared back in his hand. "I'll kill you!" he cried.
Aegis studied him, then sighed. "if that's your choice." He raised his hand. Suddenly, Arachni was surrounded by those rings, holding him firmly in place. Aegis held his sword. "A pity. I suppose. There was so much potential."
"You filthy son of the devil!" Arachni cried, struggling.
Aegis smiled and thrust.
A streak of black suddenly dropped between them, and a woman's screams filled the air. Arachni stared at the impaled figure of Ke'Tala before him. Aegis snarled and twisted the sword, drawing from her another scream.
Suddenly, the others came raging down on him. Shaka Amity with her fire, Garrison with his sword, and Andonov with his knives. Aegis quickly threw up a shield, then teleported away from the field.
Arachni caught Ke'Tala as she collapsed, easing her to the ground. "Amber...no....please Amber don't go," he pleaded.
"Does that...count?" she asked quietly. "Do you...believe me now?"
"Amber...I'm sorry. I always did. I was a fool."
She reached up slowly, touching his face. "I love you," she whispered, as her eyes closed.
"No!" Arachni cried. He quickly used Code Scan, moving directly into her vanishing life force.
The others watched as he sat there, hardly daring to hope. Finally, Ke'Tala sighed and she seemed to relax. Arachni shuddered, then opened his eyes. Shaka stepped forward. "Is she..."
"I shut her body down," he said quietly. "Crystallized it to be exact. when I can heal her, I can remove it."
Shaka nodded. Arachni stood, cradling Ke'Tala in his arms. He looked at each one of them, then said, "Meet me back at the hideout, you can reach it from the Crystal Throne exactly. We need to save this world from a madman now." After a moment, he added, "I've permanently fixed the log out function to you, so you can still leave if things get messy. First priority is to do the same for those still trapped. Go!"
One by one, they teleported.

Oracle had quieted, though her forehead was drenched in sweat. There was no sign of Remus.
Aegis walked through the pillars towards her, eyes alight in anticipation. There were faint marks on the sides of his face, but they were hardly visible. He towered over Oracle, smirking. "And at last" he said softly. "I have won."
"What did you do?" she asked weakly.
"The "barrier" contained the magic that killed all the people. The other spell took out nearly everyone in Siccilian. When those I allow awaken, they will find the technical gone, replaced by all that is real. All I need now is the girl you carry."
"She'll never serve you," Oracle said quietly. "The world sings too strongly in her for that."
"I don't need her alive."
Oracle gasped. "You wouldn't!"
He chuckled at her face. "No, I won't. She is, in sense, part of you, and I'm too fond of you to do that."
Before she could reply, a pain wracked her body. She began to glow faintly, then brighter. Aegis leaned forward eagerly. A tiny, egg like shape emerged from her body, slowly opening to reveal a tiny girl, curled up like a ball, little blonde ringlets covering her head. Aegis quickly reached forward to catch her, when he was suddenly jerked back. Remus flung his arms around him, pulling the struggling man away, and the child rested safely in Oracle's arms, "Release me!" Aegis roared angrily.
"Hurry Crea!" Remus shouted, struggling. "Hurry!"
Oracle rested her hand on the girl's head, smiling softly. Whispering a name, she kissed the baby's head, then realized her. She hovered a moment in the air, then transformed into light and disappeared. Oracle sighed and lay back.
"NO!" Aegis suddenly thrust back, sending Remus flying. He crashed into a pillar and sank to the ground, dazed. "Where is she?" Aegis demanded, grabbing Oracle by the shoulders, shaking her in his growing rage. "What is her name? Speak you fool!"
Oracle smiled serenely at him, "She is safe," she replied. "And with the players' aid, through her, we will be saved from your mad dream."
Remus tried to rise, when a sword of light impaled him through. His dying screams filled the halls as Aegis said, "You will tell, one way or another. After all..." He raised a small sphere in his hand. "There are more ways than one to use a virus."
Minutes later, her own screams filled the halls.

Ash stood amid the carnage, his eyes dim. His mind was locked on his fight with Cyrano, on the strange being that seemed almost to rise within him. He still felt it now, deep inside, and he knew it inside and out. The Dark Angel. The monster had come alive, and it was trying to claw its way to the surface even now.
Zare, where was he? So much death, so much evil done. Where was Pierce? Light, where was Zare?

Caesar glanced from behind the rock he was hiding behind. His eyes widened at the sight. "My, what a mess," he said. He glanced down at Kenji, who he'd pulled out of the way just in the nick of time. "Are you alright?" he shook his head tiredly, resting his hand on Kenji's shoulder. "Light, Kevin...I think I'm taking a break from Infinite for a while. Will...." he sighed, then looked straight at Kenji now. "Will you meet me, when we leave here? When we return to reality?"

Pierce stretched, slowly coming back to focus. He sat up and looked around. The place was still and quiet; Apparently Jean and Co. weren't home yet. He stood quickly, stowing his gear. Tearing off a sheet of paper, he quickly wrote on it, then pinned it to the wall and left.
Mr. Retired Detective Jean, thanks again for granting me sanctuary, even if this all began at gunpoint. If gave me the time I needed to do what I needed. No, I didn't blow up Infinite, but I found someone who was. I would advise you to avoid entering Infinite until it is safe again, though now that you've caught Aeon I wonder if you've any interest remaining. Me, I'm going to do some cop work of my own. Wish me luck.

OOC- Last post everyone! I'm sorry If I didn't do so well, writing in a hurry never works well, and god modding makes me uncomfortable, honestly, because I'm so afraid I'll mess up....anyways, please make your last posts. Note: logging out is currently still an option, even for those who couldn't before. Why? I'll explain when I'm bored. Suffice to say, you can log out now.

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:35 pm

/Eric/Zare/
"Ash!" Zare yelled, wandering aimlessly. Where was that guy? This didn't look to good, and Zare couldn't shake the nagging feeling of danger. He needed to find Ash.
Finally, he caught sight of him, standing there looking lost.
"Ash, I'm so glad I found you!" Zare stopped, cocking his head at Ash. Transforming into human form, he walked over slowly, resting a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, are you okay?"

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji cringed at the "Kevin" part. Yeah, there was no talking his way out of this one.
"Uhhhh..." Kenji twiddled his thumbs, not meeting Caesar's eyes. "Uhh...sure?"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:41 pm

OOC - let me clarify...you have till Saturday to wrap up.

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
His head rose, as he heard Zare's voice. "You're alive," he breathed. He turned as Zare said, "Hey, are you okay?"
He studied him a moment, then shook his head. "I..don't know. Zare...the Dark Angel is...it lives in me now." He was trembling violently, fingers digging into his arms as he clutched himself. Dark Tendrils played through his arms,, not growing but not leaving. His eyes were wide in fear. "I feel it inside...light, Zare...I'm...I'm scared..."

/Rowan/Caesar/
He studied him a moment, then smiled softly. "Listen, Kenji. I don't care if you're the exact opposite of who you are in the game. I don't care even if you're...well, a girl in reality. I like you for you, here, and I want to see the real Kenji too. Because, despite what you think...I think you're more real than you let on." He chuckled. "So please...if you really don't want to, I won't push anymore. But I really want to, so please...will you meet with me?"

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:00 pm

/Eric/Zare/
Zare barely let Ash finish before he socked him in the arm, hard.
"Ash, calm down," he said quietly. "You're fine. You have to calm down and get a grip. First things first, we have to find Pierce."
"For both of our sakes." Zare pounded his fist into his palm to make his point. But then he relaxed.
"Seriously, it'll be okay. I know you're stronger than that."

/Karissa/Kenji/
Kenji yelped when Caesar stated his worst fear. No, no, no, this was really bad. There was no way he could face Caesar as a girl after everything they'd been through, and he lied about his name. So as much as it hurt, he couldn't go through with it. Hopefully Caesar would understand...
"Sure, I don't know why not." Kenji's eyes widened. No, stupid brain! Kenji could punch himself. Instead, he hugged his knees, rocking back and forth and muttering to himself. Finally he stopped, looking at Caesar with a light in his eyes.
"So when's a good time? I'm free whenever, but I don't think you can come to my house. My mom would be so weirded out if I brought friends from my video game. She already hates it enough."
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:22 pm

/Stephen/Ashimatya/
He stared at Zare, then said softly, "He left, I think..." He looked up at the sky. "I wonder...what he thinks of all this. Is he happy now, I wonder, or is he grieving? Does he even care? I wonder." He shook his head, chuckling darkly. "I know how the Dark Angel feels. My gosh..." He raised his head, smiling softly at Zare. "But I'll be okay," he said simply. "You're here. You called me back, when it tried to take over. Thank you."

/Rowan/Caesar/
Caesar laughed. "I can appreciate that." He was quiet, then said, "Maybe in the afternoon, maybe have lunch? I know a good restaurant. We'll make a day out of it." He grinned at Kenji.

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:10 am

Lydia's eyes snapped open and she was greeted with the sight of a clear blue sky above her. For a second, the view was so peaceful and tranquil she almost forgot she had just been in one of the largest battles of her Infinite career. Before long, though, the memories of the conflict came back to her, the last thing she remembered was fighting alongside an unfamiliar woman against an elf with a two-hander, then a flash of light.
That... was actually really fun. She thought, surprising herself. The entirety of that battle felt less like a struggle for survival and more like a large-scale high-level boss raid, like for an uber-grandmaster quest. She looked around and realized that what seemed like the entire region had been decimated in the blast. Wonder who else survived.
She stood up and began walking in a random direction, deciding to try and find anyone who was left and hopefully figure out what had practically nuked them. She walked for a while before she caught sight of a couple of figures, and went toward them. When she started getting closer, however, she found she recognized them. Zare, and his companion, Ashimitaya. Saify drew closer to them, seemingly unnoticed, and finally planted her feet firmly into the ground and drew her dagger.
"Zare." She said simply, wanting to first see how her friend, or once friend, would react on seeing her. It didn't go beyond her notice that they had been fighting on opposite sides during the battle, and she wasn't sure if it would stay that way now. Though, if they were to fight, she realized she would be outnumbered and likely outmatched, and probably die quickly.

Saify's hands moved across the damp, loose earth as she slowly came to. Her eyes flickered open and her breathing accelerated slightly. The armor and spear she had made around herself were now gone from her loss of focus on them, and she soon felt the biting cold of Siccilian setting in on her.
She pushed herself up off the ground where she had been hurled by the blast, rubbing her eyes to clear them and looking around at the surrounding area as she did. The first thing she noticed was that the snow had all been blasted away, leaving only the bare dirt, the next thing she saw was that there wasn't a mountain anymore, either. "What was that power?" She asked herself, thinking back to the last moment of the battle...

Saify thrust her spear forward, catching Arachni with the butt end of it and knocking him from the ledge they were dueling on. An instant after, she leapt down after him, not wanting to give him a chance to get away.
He landed on top of a few fighters down at the base of the mountain, and Saify quickly identified them as Ashimitaya and Zare, with Cyrano just out of the heap. Saify took up a spot on one side of the trio while Cyrano was on the opposite side, and they slowly started circling the three of them as they struggled to their feet. Arachni, Ashimitaya, and Zare all put their back together, watching Saify and Cyrano, waiting for them to attack.
In an instant, Cyrano and Saify's eyes met, a silent signal between them that the time was now. Cyrano hefted his great sword and Saify twirled her spear into as offensive position, and the two of them charged. And just as they did, Arachni shouted, "Alright! You win! Lucem, help us!" And as he did, there was a flash of light, and then darkness...

Saify sighed. So, had Arachni had even more backup than they'd expected in place? Another escape plan, it seemed. Someone named Lucem seemed to be behind it, but Saify had never heard that name before. "He's escaped me again." She said with a sigh.
She pushed herself up to her feet, checking to make sure she wasn't severely injured anywhere, then downed a health drought for good measure. "First thing should be to rendezvous with Cyrano and anyone else we can, then try and get a plan 'B' from here." Even as she spoke, a noise intruded upon her thoughts, a sound from the real world she had set to go off as a notice in the game when it sounded in her actual home. Specifically, it was her doorbell.
Saify sighed, she wasn't expecting any visitors, perhaps if she ignored them they would go away? But, that didn't see to be the case, because she heard the doorbell going off again and again and again, with no sign of stopping. Sighing once more, Saify sat cross-legged on the ground and semi-logged out.

Katherine took her headset off and set it on her desk, then stretched her arms up into the air and jerked her neck from side to side, setting off a series of popping sounds. If she had known she would have been logged in for so long, she would have laid down on her bed when she logged in, instead of sitting at her desk.
"Katherine, can you get the door?" She heard her mother shout over running water, it sounded like she was washing dishes.
"Yeah, I'm on it." Katherine called back, then rolled her eyes as the doorbell sounded again. Whoever it was, they were persistent.
To get to the front door from her room, all Katherine had to do was immediately turn right outside her door and follow a hallway to the front door. The doorbell was still sounding, and Katherine said in a rather irritated voice, "I'm coming, I'm coming."
Katherine twisted the knob and pulled the door inward, and was greeted with the sight of a woman with long black hair looking like she had just been to a battlefield and back. "Claire?" Katherine asked, incredulously.
Claire gave a weak smile, then collapsed forward on top of Katherine, who barely kept her balance under the weight. "Hey... Sis..." She said in a thin voice.
"W-what are you-- no wait, you're hurt! What happened?!" Katherine exclaimed, just noticing her sister was half-covered in blood and, good mods, was she missing fingers?
Claire gave a weak chuckle, "Tough day at work.." She said, struggling to raise one arm to put around Katherine in a weak hug, "Totally... worth it now, though."
Katherine was speechless for just a second, but then snapped out of it and started shouting, "Mom, dad! Claire's hurt, we have to get her to the hospital!" Their parents rushed in and were stunned for a second at the sight of the wounded Claire being supported by Katherine, but they quickly got moving again and they were immediately on their way to get help for Claire.
Shortly after they were on the road, Katherine felt tears welling in her eyes, it seemed like suddenly everything was just going wrong and there was nothing for her to do about it. She felt Claire's hand brush hers, and looked at her older sister.
"Hey, Kathy..." Claire whispered, "I... wanna tell you something." Her eyes were trained on Katherine, but they were lapsing in and out of focus, like she was about to faint.
"What is it?" Katherine asked, mostly wanting to try and keep Claire occupied and awake.
"I... Bugged your computer. Been listening to you.. play Infinite." Claire said.
"What? Why on earth would you do that?" Katherine asked, genuinely surprised. Her sister had left a bug on her computer and been spying on her play a game? That seemed incredibly pointless to Katherine.
Claire chuckled, "At first, to make sure you were..." She hesitated for a moment, "Doing OK. But then I.. got caught up in your search for that hacker of yours.. it was a fun story to follow. And, I want you to know... I'm kinda proud of you."
Katherine fell silent for a moment, had Claire really been that interested in her hunt? "Well, sorry to disappoint you. I just caught up with him. I was just about to take him down, but he somehow managed to escape me." She said bitterly.
Claire placed her hand on Katherine's, "Don't worry... don't give up, and you'll catch the bad guy." She grinned, "That's... what we do." She added, then her eyes lost focus, closed, and she fell unconscious.
Katherine watched her for several long moments, then rolled her hand into a fist, clenching it tightly. That's right. She thought, No matter how many times he gets away, I'll get Pierce eventually.

OOC: Well, that's that, Saify's finished for this thread. I kind of wish I'd brought her in earlier so I could actually have DONE things with her, but, I had Lydia and Jean from the start and I didn't do much with them either, half the time. Well, she'll still be back next time. Look forward to it. :sweat:
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:43 pm

/Eric/Zare/
"Hey, no problem. That's what friends are for, right?" Zare stopped short when he thought he heard something. He kicked himself inwardly for shifting out of cat form when there was no guarantee it was all over. If he'd had his acute senses, he wouldn't have been snuck up on so easily. He didn't turn, but opened his mouth to say something, when a familiar voice spoke.
"Zare."
Zare froze, afraid to turn around.
Oh, man...
But then he came to himself and put a hand on Ash's shoulder, to make sure he didn't do anything rash. After all, Zare wasn't entirely sure Ash wouldn't attack anyone he deemed to be an enemy at the moment.
"She's a friend," he said quietly. Zare turned slowly, shuffling his feet. There stood Lydia, dagger in hand, looking like she was ready to go down fighting.
"Hey, this probably looks really bad right now, huh?" Zare rubbed the back of his head, grinning awkwardly. "But um...I can explain. That is, if you don't hate me now."
And that was the question. Zare had openly allied himself with the Dark Angel Ashimatya and the hacker Arachni, and Lydia was with the "good guys" who were trying to protect Infinite. By all rights, that kind of made them enemies, right? And though there was no way Zare would lift a finger against Lydia, how was he to know that she didn't plan to attack him? Then what was he supposed to do if Ash counter-attacked?
"Um...sorry I never took you up on your offer to go questing again. I got kind of...sidetracked, I guess." Zare finally looked at Lydia apologetically, feeling truly sorry for putting them in this situation. "I'm glad you're okay. I was worried when I saw everything that happened."

/Karissa/Kenji/
"Sure, sounds great!" Kenji cringed inwardly. This was going to be so bad. He was sure to die of embarrassment.
"Hey, maybe since that weird explosion happened it triggered something weird and we can log out again!" Kenji didn't really know what he was talking about or if it made any sense, but he needed to change the subject, quick. Scrolling through his menu, he found the log out button, then took a deep breath, afraid to hope.
"Oh, wait..." Kenji got a piece of paper and jotted something down, handing it to Caesar. "Here, my cell phone number. Let me know when you're ready to buy me food."
Kenji grinned and tapped the log out button before Caesar could say anything.

Karissa took a deep breath. Good old real, musty old house air. She'd been afraid she might never experience it again. It was all too crazy to believe.
"Karissa!" A shrill voice called up the stairs. Karissa cringed. Yeah, it had definitely been too long. She was so dead. And there was no way she was going to tell her mom that she'd been trapped in a video game and almost died. Yeah, that wouldn't go over well. No, she'd just have to resign herself to a good long earfull from her mother.
Karissa snatched her phone off the desk before charging down the stairs, stuffing it in her pocket. Did Rowan really mean what he'd said about meeting up in real life?
Her mom would kill her if she knew Karissa had given some stranger her cell number.

OOC: Not sure what I'm doing, Wolf. I mean, do Karissa and Rowan even live in the same vicinity? XD Or are we just throwing logic out the window? :grin:
Good job, Odd. Don't make me smack you with a turnip. It was very wonderful and enjoyable to read.
ClaecElric4God

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying