Adventurer's Guild (The Origin Story)

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Adventurer's Guild (The Origin Story)

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:08 pm

Last edited by Broly Ultimatrix on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Broly Ultimatrix

Re: Adventurer's Guild (The Origin Story)

Postby raider~joseph » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:15 pm

There are a group of legendary heroes. They died. Oh don't worry they only suffered minor exp loss they were level 11. (Max level is 40.) They got respawned later. This isn't the story of how that happened but it IS the story of how awesome they were. The were as many in the guild started out as...pathetic. Pretty pathetic. But they became some of the most LEGENDARY heroes to ever walk the guild's halls. This is the story of us. How we became heroes. And how we met Drizzet Do'Urden. That was pretty awesome. But seriously this is an epic story of adventure set in the DND world of Eentirneet. Where humble heroes travel the various worlds of fiction making friends and foes and going on raids but in REAL LIFE. Oh and Doctor Who will be accompanying the legendary heroes. He is one. So go forth and be awesome!

This is an rp about well...Actually its about all of us. Our characters will affect the story. It will be mostly made up as we go along with some exceptions. We all affect the story!

Name: (Your username is fine.)
Age: (Make it young. The idea is that in anime like pokemon the characters start off young. So will your fiction like begin...)
Appearance: (Feel Free to rip off some anime character from photobucket.)
Class: Our starting world is based off DnD Online but not DnD online. The Adventurer's Guild trains you in one of 13 classes to begin with.
http://www.ddo.com/en/ddogameinfo/classes
These are the classes. Feel free to use as a guide. Don't worry about stats and stuff. Imagine their powers in a real life setting and you'll get the gist of it.
Weapons: (Duel Weapons count as 1. We get them a little after the story begins. 1 only. Unarmed counts as 1 as well.)

Keep in mind this us at the equivlent of level 1. Imagine when we get to the Equvilent of Level 40...Yeah...Oh did we mention you could go learn jedi stuff if you wanted. Or Alchemy...or Pokemon Training...or even...HOW TO MAKE Krabby Patties. HAVE FUN WITH IT. Its like going on your dream chain of quests!

Here is mine.

Name: Joseph Sarrows
Appearance: Caucasian with a slight tan and blue eyes with short brown hair that spikes at the front a little. Wears a black thin leather jacket and a light blue robe underneath.
Weapons: Two Daggers.
Class: Guess. Its Rogue obviously.
Last edited by raider~joseph on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raider~joseph

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Wolfsong

Postby raider~joseph » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Yes thats fine for age. The weapon will have to be written into the story.

By the way this a beta rp for an entire other forum me, broly, and bio(I pray) will be modding. The story will remain the same.
raider~joseph

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:18 pm

hmm, that sounds like fun. So what exactly am I helping make here, besides a fun story?
Wolfsong

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Hey wolfsong, I've been collaberating with Raider on this idea for some time and the explanation is a two parter. Part one is we are testing out a story line that will be the backbone for when our story begins and a major milestone. The forum Raider mentioned is going to be a persistant world type roleplay. To best visialize it imagin that that in a forum there are many worlds all linked together. All the roleplayers exsist and play in this universe of worlds and they create threads for locations in said world. They then roleplay in that thread and if the character travels they move to a new thread in the appropriate location. Multiple roleplays can happen at the same time and still have nothing to do with each other. However there is only one world so if one group of players does something like destroying a building and they move on the next group to come up to that building will find it destroyd so it's all still linked together. Part two is the style used for the actions. What I mean by this is it's a system Raider thought up to limit the actions a person can make and the moves they can use in a "turn" so one side doesn't totally overcome the opponent in one post since villains will still likley be played by other players. It's a point system Raider will explain later. I'll be joining later but need to refine my character sheet for a more dnd themed character.
Broly Ultimatrix

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Nifty; if I can shake the time I might roll up a druid.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Cool. Glad to be a part of this. Is more than one character allowed?
Wolfsong

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Raider says yes, you may have more then one character.
Broly Ultimatrix

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Name: Shadow Esperna
Appearance: Image
Class: Wizard
Weapon: Image The white cloak he wears is also part of his outfit, but he only wears it in colder regions.
Last edited by Wolfsong on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfsong

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:58 pm

@Wolfsong: Raider says yes, but you'll have to choose one class to start out first then add the other in later.
Broly Ultimatrix

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:55 pm

I think I'll just stick to one, then, sorry about that. I'm choosing wizard.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Hm, I'll give this one a try. Here's my CS.

Name: Tara Mist

Appearance: Tara is not entirely an average-looking young girl. Her muscles are stronger and more defined,, her facial features are sharper, and her hair is about as unkempt as hair can get. She stands at five feet and nine inches tall, though she often doesn't stand up straight so seems a little shorter. Her skin is darkly tanned, and she has several scars across her body. Her arms and legs are quite powerful, she can easily beat down most anyone else her age if it came to a contest of raw strength, though she would have trouble with a grown opponent. The skin on her feet and hands is especially toughened, not quite like thick boots, but she can walk on and handle, say, sharp rocks with no problem.

Her face, as mentioned above, has very sharp, defined features. Her eyes are sharply slanted, their color is deep green. Her hair, also mentioned, is rather uncared for. Her hair is very long, as she has only cut it a few times. It is supposed to be a very beautiful golden blonde color, and have soft waves in it, but instead it's several shades darker due to all the dirt and who-knows-what in it, and is an absolute tangled mess.

For clothing, Tara wears animal pelts. The pelts themselves are grey, with black spots on them. She has them shaped similarly to a long skirt and a sleeveless shirt, that cover her modestly (felt that should be specified). She also has brown furs from smaller animals that wrap around her wrists and ankles.

Class: Hmm, I think barbarian would be most accurate.

Weapons: Unarmed.
Oddood198

Postby Bio_Plus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:48 am

Name: Gosalyn
Appearance: A fiery red head with pig tails. She's athletic and wild, quick to anger and never backs down, but loyal and caring to her friends. Her father is the most important person in her life and insulting or threatening him is the quickest way to get on her bad side.
Class: Artificer.
Weapon: Bow and arrows.
Bio_Plus

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Oddood! You're in too? This'll be great.
Would it be alright if my characters knew each other from the beginning? These two are based off of characters in a book I'm writing. Would it be alright if I could have them start together, as partners?
Wolfsong

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Thu May 09, 2013 4:31 am

Raider says yes they can know each other. I'm sorry for the delay but I've been swamped these past two weeks studying and doing my finals and the like. Today is my last day in class this semestre so when I'm doing here I'll be able to more readily work on Raider and my internet things were doing.
Broly Ultimatrix

Postby Wolfsong » Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Oh...the finals thing explains a lot. Okay, thanks loads. I am really looking forward to when this starts up.
Wolfsong

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Sat May 11, 2013 8:58 am

I'm still working a few kinks out of my character sheet but I plabn to have it up today. From there I'll see what Raider wants to do and we can move on from there. Thank you for your patience up untill now.
Broly Ultimatrix

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat May 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Ah, finals week. I just got out of there myself.

I'll try and get something together this weekend.
MomentOfInertia

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Mon May 13, 2013 8:22 am

Name: Broly Ulrimatrix

Appearance: Black suede pants and black socks and shoes with a black tie and a deep red, button up, long-sleeve, collard and cuffed shirt. He usually keeps the final, cuffed, length of sleeve rolled back and the top button of the shirt undone with his tie worn loosely.

Class: Conjuration Sorcerer (with special attention to teleportation and dimension door like abilities.)

Weapons: Single sort sword with +1 enhancement to conjuration spells (fancy talk for “it makes my conjuration spells more powerful” :P )

Once we get MomentOfInertias character sheet we can move on with the roleplay.
Broly Ultimatrix

Postby sarahleinaar » Wed May 15, 2013 6:02 am

Is it to late to join????
Love The Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul,
with all your mind, and with all your strength
sarahleinaar

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Thu May 16, 2013 5:44 am

Raider says you can join, we're giving momentofinertia till the weekend to post a character sheet before we submit this roleplay for approval.
Broly Ultimatrix

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu May 16, 2013 2:00 pm

How about this?

Name: Almund Rafe
Appearance: A tall, lanky young man; garbed in leather boots, dark brown/grey tunic, coonskin cap, and a mottled dark green, hooded, cloak.
Class: Druid
Weapons: Steel capped ironwood quarterstaff

Not to be meddlesome but do you think "Adventurer's Guild: The Origin Story" might be a better form for the title?
MomentOfInertia

Postby Wolfsong » Thu May 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Broly Ultimatrix wrote:Raider says you can join, we're giving momentofinertia till the weekend to post a character sheet before we submit this roleplay for approval.

You do know you don't have to submit roleplays to the mods anymore? Once you're ready, you can start playing in this thread. That's what Goldy told me, when I asked her.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:23 pm

goldenspines wrote:What does this mean?
To save space and time for each RP creator, you will now only need to create ONE thread that will start out recruiting players and once you have enough players (3 or more), you can start RPing in the same thread. Basically, you no longer need a moderator to approve your thread.
SPECIAL NOTE: This does NOT mean that anything goes, though. If you're RP is deemed not appropriate for CAA, it will be closed, removed, and further action could be taken. If you have any questions before you post your RP thread, please don't hesitate to contact me or another moderator!

Yup, it's right there. Unless there's anything you want to check with a mod about, we should be fine to start.
Oddood198

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying