A New Dawn

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: A New Dawn

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:19 pm

The second Nigal heard Shaddoc's shout, he dropped...just as the knife whizzed past where his head used to be.
The shadow ducked under the arrow, but that resulted in it losing its footing. With a resounding shriek, it collapsed to the forest floor. It quickly rose up, snarling.
Much to the surprise of all in the clearing, it was an almost perfect copy of Jadis, save for a few things. Jadis wasn't a pale, shifting black. He also didn't have glowing eyes and pointed teeth. Snarling at Shaddoc, it unsheathed its twin swords and rushed Nigal, who had regained his feet but not his weapon.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Shaddoc stared at the figure in horror. Jadis?! On second glance, Shaddoc realized it seemed to be a shadow-replica. He ran as these thoughts rushed through his head. Taking the situation in, Shaddoc switched targets, instead tackling Nigal, who was closer, and swiveling his torso to block the attack with his dagger.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:46 pm

The figure lept from its intended path, snarling hatefully. Nigal regained his feet, and his sword.
"Careful," he cautioned Shaddoc. "I would imagine this thing has inherited Jadis' strengths as well as his features. Neoman, would you help us?"
The older man nodded. "As best I can."
Slowly, they circled their target, who shrieked again and cast itself at Shaddoc this time, claws seeking his face.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Shaddoc threw up his arm to protect his face, hissing through clenched teeth when the shadow's claws tore at his skin. Shaddoc retaliated by planting a foot in the shadow's chest, sending him flying. Ignoring the throbbing pain in his arm, Shaddoc glared at the shadow figure, waiting for orders from Nigal.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Oh, trouble, in the Darkness? I'd never have guessed. Five days ago, before they came into the darkness, Arren would have made that sarcastic retort instantly, but now he was so tired, so weakened, and didn't even see the point in voicing it.
When they passed through the city gates into Gol'lath, Arren looked around carefully in every direction, but couldn't see a single living thing nearby. Which was bad. He believed it was better to have a thousand enemies in front of you, rather than one behind you, and for all he knew they could have a thousand enemies behind them. His hand fell anxiously to the hilt of his sword, ready to draw it at a moments notice, if need be. "Let's hurry." he said simply.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Nigal glanced over at Neoman. "You wouldn't happen to remember that manuver we pulled back at Sereise, do you?"
Neoman smiled faintly. "Yes. It ended in failure, as I recall."
"Hey, I'm sure we've both improved since then. Just try it."
Neoman nodded and told the girls to back away. He back circling around behind the shadow. It snarled threateningly.
"Shaddoc, listen carefully. When I shout, just shoot." and he moved to a position on the shadow's left. The shadow Jadis whirled around, trying to keep them all in sight. Neoman begun chanting something. The shadow instantly nominated him the highest threat and lunged at him. Nigal was suddenly there, grabbing it by the neck. He swung it around, smashing it into the ground.
"Now Shaddoc!" he commanded, leaping away. Neoman finished whatever he was doing. Shaddoc's arrows began to glow.
As the arrow was shot, the shadow Jadis wason its knees, glaring at Shaddoc. Suddenly, its entire body tensed, and the glowing eyes dimmed, relit, then died again. They were now dark brown. Jadis' natural eye color.
"Sh-Shaddoc!" he screamed. Then the arrow struck. He was suddenly surrounded by glowing light, which took form around him in a faint, somewhat transparant glaze. His eyes closed, and the shadow collapsed, whispering as he fell, "Help...me..."
Nigal was obviously shaken. "Neoman, what was that? How did..."
Calmly, as though this was an everyday occurance for him, Neoman bent down beside the fallen, placing his hand on its shoulder. "Fortunately, the possibilities are limited. Unfortunately, they are not goodones. However, by evaluating actions and characteristics, I can narrow down the conclusion." He frowned. "Its not...a good one."
"Just speak, old friend."
Neoman nodded. Reveka dragged Callysta over so they could hear too. "First off, underneath the shadowy covering, you can make out a human figure, and coloration, suggesting the usage of an actual flesh and bone person. Secondly, I assume his weaponry and such were normal for him?" Nigal nodded. "Finally, his last action. He recognized Shaddoc. He fought from under the veil of Darkness long enough to say his name, and beg for help. Adding that to the essence search I just conducted..." he gave Nigal a sorrowful look.
Nigal quietly finished, "It is Jadis."
Neoman nodded. "Unless our enemy had been able to come up with extemely similar essence and material to work with. I'llneed to conduct more research on this." He lifted the body, holding it carefully. "Lets get to your place."
Nigal nodded, then turned to Shaddoc. "Thank yuo for coming when you did," he said gratefully. "Your timing was perfect."

OOC- Apologize for shooting for you, Claec. I just wanted to make sure you didn't hit something vital, thus complicating the scene. Sorry for god-modding. Now, time to catch Jadis and Co. up.

Gol'lath was not a pretty city. They'd dodged maybe a dozen different patrols, and were nearing the center of town. He could make out a building that just screamed Headquarters. Next to it was a rather strongly forified warehouse, which Jadis guessed to be a jail...their target.
He turned and was about to say something, when he suddenlyfelt a great weight descend upon him. Darkness...it was in him!
"At last, son of Firesoul, you are in my power! I'm not letting you escape me this time!"
"This time?" Jadis wondered. The weight was gone, but he felt different. Firesoul? Who was that? He heard loud shouts, and knew they were seeking them. No, not them. Him. He didn't know why, but he was certain of that.
Quickly, he tore off the talismen and threw it over Talos' head. "This'll hide your essence from them," he said. "GO find your friend. I'll draw them away." He clapped a hand on Arren's shoulder, meeting his dead eyes. They hadn't gotten off on a great start or anything, but... "Good luck," he said. Then he bolted into the street.
"There he is!" Someone roared. "After him! Don't let him escape!"
Jadis ducked, avoiding an arrow that flew over his head, as he dove into a different alley. He heard a scream behind him, and the roarer saying, "Alive, idiot!"
He lost count of how many turns he took. After a while, it became almost meaningless. Turn, escape, run...why was his mind so slow? "Too long under the Dark," he hissed. "Too long...wake up, Jadis!"
Something suddenly tripped him, and he hit the stone ground. He rolled quickly, only to suddenly be airbourne and upsidedown. He looked quickly to see a long, scaly arm wrapped snuggly around his foot. His eyes followed its length, only to realize it was a tail, as he met the glowing eyes of a lamia. She hissed, lips curling in pleasure, revealing pointed teeth.
Jadis, struggling, reached for his swords. Suddenly, his body was surrounded by restraining shadows, keeping him from doing so.
"Congradulations, Lamia. You've done well."
"Massster," the creature crooned. Jadis followed its gaze to see what it was talking to. There were two men.One had spiky black hair, glowing eyes, and claws instead of hands. THe other man...he had black wings.
"You!" Jadis gasped. "Azarael!"
He raised an eyebrow. "Have we met already and I've simply forgotten?" he asked, smiling faintly. "I've never given you my name, son of Firesoul."
"I got your name from elsewhere, and I'm not this FIresoul's son. I'm the son of Marcus Corogna!"
Azarael smiled softly. "Really? Your essence says otherwise. I would know his spawn anywhere." He shook his head. "I knew he'd had a son, but I didn't know where. I mist thank you for giving yourself to me. It makes things easier."
"Shut up!" Jadis kicked at Lamia, trying to make her let go. His head, with all the blood pooling there, was really beginning to hurt. Azarael apparently noticed this.
"Right him, Lamia. I want him conscious for this." He smiled a cruel, twisted smile. "I only wish his father could see. Mastedon, hold him."
"What are you doing?" Jadis asked, beginning to grow afraid. Lamia dropped him, so that he fell again. Somewhat prewarned, he rolled instead, drawing his swords, striking directly at Azarael. Something happened, but he was never surewhat. There was a sound like a thunderclap, and then Mastedon had his claws in Jadis' arms, keeping him from running. His head felt so light...Azarael was holding his swords, his eyes focused on them. Jadis' eyes widened. The light was draining from the swords, replaced by Darkness instead!
"Much more suitable," Azarael said, placing them back in Jadis' sheaths. "For our new ally."
"Wha-What!?"
Azarael's hand rested on Jadis' head. Darkness flowed through like a stream into Jadis. He screamed, an aching cry of agony, horror, and fear. He tried to struggle, tried to squirm, but it wasn't Mastedon who was holding him now. It was the Darkness itself, quenching his last Light. The last thing he saw, before losing himself in the sea of Darkness within, was Azarael's smile, his wings flared out in triumph...
... ... ...
"Sh-Shaddoc...help...me..."

Ethinine was dismayed when they saw Gol'lath again. "Tell me you're kidding!" he exclaimed, disgusted.
Demetrius glanced back. "Don't look now, but we've got company."
Ethinine head the snarls and shrieks even before he looked. "Not again!" he cried, as wave after wave of shadow creatures were bearing down on them.
Demetrius suddenly swung Emagene into his arms even as he began running. "Scatter!" he cried. "Head south from Gol'lath! We'll meet on the border!"
"That's optimistic," Ethinine muttered, but obeyed. He saw his dad break left, and kept going straight. He hoped and prayed they would be okay. Meanwhile, he needed to worry about himself, because the shadows were chasing him right. Back. Into. Gol'lath!
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:59 pm

Arren offered no resistance, no argument. He gave no noble lines, anything like, 'no, I'll draw them off' or, 'don't play hero now', instead, he just watched briefly as Jadis left them, then he turned back to the heavily fortified building, without even a backwards glance.
He looked briefly at Talos, making sure the older man was ready, before drawing his own sword. "I think our original idea of the stealth approach has failed. Time for plan B." He said, then charged full-on at the jail. It's time to end this.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Shaddoc pulled the bow, arrow started glowing, released. He was determined to make this shadow creature sorry for impersonating Jadis and hurting Nigal. The frustration and anger burned, and it felt so good to aim that arrow right at its heart. But he must have overcalculated or been blinded by anger, because when he released the arrow, it didn't hit a vital point at all. But worse than that, it had been proceeded by the most awful sound Shaddoc had ever heard. Jadis...yelling his name...Shaddoc stared in shock as the figure collapsed, breathing a plea for help. Shaddoc started sweating, staring at the shadow. No...It was a shadow, a trick of the Darkness to make him second-guess himself. Shaddoc clung to that shred of belief, refusing to believe he'd just tried to kill Jadis. He stood there, staring blankly, everything around him a blur as Neoman and Nigal discussed the situation. He only half registered what they were saying and doing. Then...like a bell sounding in his head, he heard the simple statement, loud and clear:
"It is Jadis."
Shaddoc's eyes widened in horror. Everything around him disappeared, all he could see was the limp figure of Jadis. He sank to his knees, dropping his bow. Suddenly the whole world felt huge and overwhelming and awful. Shaddoc started to feel light-headed, and he didn't even hear Nigal talking to him.
What have I done?
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Nigal looked at Shaddoc, then nodded understandingly. "Come," he said, helping Shaddoc stand. "It'll be alright. We'll figure something out."
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:33 pm

OOC: On a completely random note, wow, I'm honored that Jadis would think of Shaddoc when asking for help. Unless it was just because he was the one he was attacking...Either way - Shaddoc and I feel special now. :)
Also, I have no idea what's wrong with Shaddoc. :eyebrow: Either he has a few screws loose, or this summer cold is messing with my brain.

Shaddoc didn't really hear what Nigal said, except something about everything being all right. If he hadn't been so drained of all energy and emotion, he would have had to hold himself back from pinning Nigal to the ground with his dagger at his throat. How could he be so calm about this?
It'll be all right? He thought bitterly. That's easy for you to say; you didn't just... Shaddoc absently picked up his bow, staring at the weapon that had served him so well his whole life, but now he suddenly hated passionately. And the hand that had guided it. Then he noticed the blood dripping from his arm, and the set of ragged cuts, covered partially by his now tattered sleeve. Oh, that had happened, hadn't it? On seeing the wound, his conciousness slowly began to register the searing pain.
His first thought was to tear off his sleeve and use it as a bandage to stop the bleeding, but instead he just stared at it. His lips turned upward in a bitter smile as he continued to watch it bleed, revelling in the intense pain. This didn't even begin to make up for what Shaddoc had done to Jadis, but he was glad Jadis had been able to get in a hit of his own. Shaddoc saw it as compensation, and refused to give himself the luxury of easing the pain.
Shaddoc slung his bow over his shoulder with renewed determination, keeping his anger and frustration to himself, since he was the only person it was really directed toward. What he didn't realize, however, was that, in order to hold those emotions in, he'd had to hold everything in; and he turned to Nigal with an empty, exhausted expression.
"What are we going to do?" He asked in a hollow voice, surprised by the sound of it. "Tell me how we're going to help Jadis." His gaze burned into Nigal's.
ClaecElric4God

Postby syphon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Talos didnt like how things turned out, he didnt know jadis very well but he hoped he knew how to handle himself out there alone. Talos nodded and ran behind arren staying on the defensive.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Nigal looked at Shaddoc, and it bgean to dawn on him exactly how Shaddoc was feeling. But he had no answer. Helplessly he turned to Neoman, his eyes pleading for some back up.
Neoman looked at him, then smiled softly. "Don't worry," he said to Shaddoc "It is possible to bring a person back from the control of the Darkness. It will take time, but I believe I could coax him back. He recognized you, ater all, and that's an even more hopeful sign. Maybe he'll pull out by himself."
"Please give him everything," Nigal said, letting some of his own worry show. However, with that little let out, the dam suddenly broke. "We need Jadis! The entire bloody kingdom needs him! If we can't revive the last king's line of Light, we are well and truly done for."
Reveka watched and listened, then softly walked toward the Grand Sage. Softly, she laud a hand on Jadis' own.
"Jadis," she thought, willing her thoughts to reach him. "Be strong."

Screams filled the world around him. Were they someone else's or his own?
Blood was on his hands...or were they even his own? Feeling was strange, here in this state. All he could feel was the Darkness and its seductive pull. But still he fought, with what little Light was left in him, he fought. He had even won a moment of sanity before. He only hoped his plea had been heard. He wished he could see, but his eyes weren't his own. his entire mind wasn't his own.
"Master, it is done."
"You are in their hands?"
"Yes Master." How he loathed the sound of his own voice...was it his? It seemed to be, and yet...
"Exactly who has you?"
"For the moment, the Grand Sage." After a moment, he whimpered, "He intends to force me back into the Light! Master, I beg you, do not leave me!"
"I will not abandon you, my servant. Continue as you are. This trial will be over soon."

"The block is wearing off," he heard Neoman say.
"Do you suppose familiar surroundings might help?"
"Worth a try. Come Nigal, Shaddoc, cheer up. We will save him."
Hurry! the smaller part of Jadis screamed before it was silent once again.

Ethinine ran through the streets of Gol'lath, eyes wide in horror and fear. They were gaining on him. "This is not good, this is not good, this is so not good."
He saw the back of the warehouse and groaned. Right back where he started. "Help..."
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:32 pm

Shaddoc stared at Neoman, trying to figure out if the Sage actually thought there was any hope, or if he was saying it for Shaddoc's benefit. What he wasn't happy with was the fact that, in spite of all their fabricated hope, they hadn't come up with any specific way to help Jadis. He kept hearing "hopeful", "possible", "maybe", and "try". The frustration was eating away at him, and it took all his concetration to hold it in. He forced himself to ignore Nigal's outburst, knowing that his own emotions were close to breaking as well, and it would be worse if he let them out.
"Yes sir," He replied to Neoman, though he didn't make any effort to actually cheer up.
I'll do whatever it takes to bring Jadis back from wherever he is. He thought, clenching his fist.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:12 am

Arren ran straight at the large jail building ahead of him. Sword drawn and held level by his side, ready to attack in an instant. He got closer and closer, but still found no resistance, no shadows or other unspeakable horrors leapt out at him. It seemed that Jadis was doing a abetter job of keeping them occupied than Arren had expected. Now, just where in the jail is Ethinine? He wondered.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:17 pm

OOC- you just missed a chance to learn some interesting story information Claec :lol:

Jadis' eyes opened slowly. At first, he saw Neoman standing over him, a preoccupied look on his face. Then the image blurred, and he saw the man with claws for hands nearby. "Mastdon." he focused on him. He sat up slowly, his body being remarkably slow to respond. He glanced at Mastedon, who appeared to be ignoring him. This room was an uncanny place with completely black walls and was windowless. Mastedon lean back in the doorway without a door, looking into the gloom beyond.
"Where's Azarael?" Jadis asked.
Now Mastedon focused on Jadis. "Elsewhere. The Hand of Darkness does have more pressing concerns than Firesoul's heir."
"Not that his heir is a small matter," Azarael said, appearing from the gloom. He nodded at Mastedon, who stood aside, letting him through. Jadis swung his feet over the stone slab, looking up at Azarael, who smiled back at him. "In fact, he is as downright annoying as his father."
Jadis considered once again what they were saying. Firesoul...he could not remember that name from any of his history. Of course, he didn't remember all that much of history, but still..."You've made a real mess out of me, haven't you?" he remarked, albeit somewhat bitterly.
"I must admit, you have been an interesting case. I have never had the Light and the Dark side of a person split before. Yet somehow, you are still the same entity. Tell me, what have you seen through your shadow's eyes?" he asked intently.
He shook his head, his vision blurring. Even if both sides had separated, there was still something inside him that tried to obey. Heck, yearned to obey. Just like his Dark half still had a trace of Light in him. It was so strange. "Neoman is...considering the problem I present," he answered uncertainly, unwillingly.
Azarael nodded softly. "I've a job for you."
Jadis glared defiantly. "Make me. I won't listen!"
Seconds later, he felt Azarael's will descend on him like a thick cloud. He struggled but, incomplete as he was and severely weakened, he was instantly dominated. Miserably, he felt his own will surrender, seething helplessly. "What do you want?" he hissed.
"A simple task really. Listen..."
He was appalled by what he was hearing. his shadow counterpart, as capable as his Light side, was pleased. "What an effective tool," Jadis thought bitterly. "He gives me the instructions, and my Dark side carries them out. I have to get out of here."

Reveka leaned back against the wall of Nigal's house, watching anxiously. Neoman lay Jadis on Nigal's bed, which the Band leader had offered. Nigal leaned against the wall, cool as a cucumber, but his eyes and the occasional fidgit betrayed his worry. Neoman stood over Jadis' prone form, arms crossed, brow furrowed in consideration. Shaddoc was there too, and Callysta was beside her. All of them awaited Neoman's words anxiously.
The Grand Sage inhaled deeply, shuddering. "It is...a strange thing, but...I may have an answer." he took a chair, his hand held wearily over his face. Nigal walked over to him, taking the other chair, watching Neoman intently. He took another deep breath, then spoke. "Perhaps the strangest thing...it is Jadis, of that there is no doubt. But how much of Jadis...that is the question."
"What does that mean?" Nigal asked quietly.
"During my time within him, I was astonished to find that his essence, while it has managed to retain control, is only half of his original whole. This, my friends, is only half of Jadis himself. Where the remaining half is, I can only guess."
"But what can we do?" Nigal asked.
"I don't know. This has never happened before. However...if you can find me his other half, I could at least put him back together. It'd be a start."
Reveka, suddenly feeling quite weary, quickly left the room. She had seen the room Nigal had prepared for Callysta and her, so she knew where it was. it was quite simple, only two beds and a small chest for storing things, as well as a desk, but it seemed really nice. She was strangely unaware of anything except her deisre to sleep, however. She dropped down onto the bed and was instantly asleep.
Almost as quickly, she began to dream.

Ethinine turned the corner...and ran right smack into someone. He fell back, hitting his head on the ground. It was hard, but not hard enough to knock him out. he scrambled to his feet, trying to see who he'd run into...and was astonished. "Arren! What the heck are you doing here?!"
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:01 pm

OOC: Well, that can be fixed. ;)
Shaddoc stared blankly at his surroundings. His thoughts finally started to come into focus, along with his feelings. The pent up anger and frustration was starting to leak out, and Shaddoc was beginning to feel like his old self. A dull pain reminded him of his wound. Looking down, he was surprised to see that it was bandaged. Someone must have tended to it without his even realizing.
No longer numb, he began to feel worried and anxious instead. And although he tried to hide it, Nigal was obviously worried as well. Something nagged at the back of Shaddoc's mind, but he couldn't put his finger on it. Something Nigal had said, maybe? Then it hit him, and his eyes widened. What had Nigal meant back there? Last king's line? Had he been talking about Jadis? Since when was that arrogant, pig-headed idiot royalty? Shaddoc studied Nigal.
What do you know, and why are you keeping it secret? He determined to address Nigal, sooner or later.
For the moment, he just watched Neoman, and waited for his prognosis. Shaddoc started when he heard it. Only half? What did that even mean? Shaddoc stepped forward. It was out of character for him to butt into a conversation, but he felt incredibly out of character at the moment.
"Nigal, please allow me to accompany you on this "search". I would be in your debt." Shaddoc bowed slightly, then met Nigal's eyes. "Also, may I have a word with you?" He gave Nigal a look that very much said "In private".
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Nigal stared at him in surprise, then nodded slowly. "Yes...of course. Come with me." He nodded to Neoman, then left the room. He smiled faintly as he walked down the halls. "Funny how I seem to be doing all my business in my room lately, instead of my office," he remarked offhandedly. "Its why I had the dang room made in the first place. But no...no works gets done in there anymore." He continued walking, then sighed and dropped the cheerful attitude.
He entered his office, a simple room with a desk and some shelves hammered into the walls. He closed the door behind them, then turned to Shaddoc. "Alright, what is it you need to talk to me about?" he asked.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Shaddoc looked hard at Nigal, trying to guess how Nigal would respond. Would he dodge the question, or just outright lie to him? There was really no way of knowing whether he would tell the truth or not. Was it really worth even bringing it up? Regardless of his response, what would he be thinking? How would he react to finding out that Shaddoc knew something that he apparently shouldn't?
Shaddoc blinked and looked away, suddenly very awkward.
Worst possible time for my social ineptitude to kick in, he thought. Shaddoc took a deep breath. Regardless of what was going on, Shaddoc had always trusted and respected Nigal, and this unexpected turn of events wasn't going to shake his faith in the older man. He at least had to hear him out. He looked back toward Nigal, but couldn't bring himself to make eye contact. He locked his hands behind his back to keep from nervously wringing them. Suddenly he had no idea why or how he'd managed to demand a private audience with Nigal, much less so he could confront him on something.
"Sir, forgive me for my frowardness. I hope I don't seem arrogant when I ask you this." He paused, unsure how to word it.
"What exactly did you mean when you said, 'the last king's line'?" He bowed his head quickly. "Forgive me if that was something I shouldn't have heard."
Shaddoc was amazed at himself. A minute ago he'd been ready to demand answers of Nigal, and now this? As much as he'd tried to be cool and straightforward, like Jadis, he'd reverted back to his old way, flowing with the path of least resistance. Suddenly he had a feeling this wasn't going to go anywhere.
You idiot, he rebuked himself. You should have kept quiet. That kind of thing doesn't matter. All that matters now is getting Jadis back. And destroying whoever did this to him.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Callysta listened to the conversation in silence, staring down at her feet.
'First Ethinine and now Jadis? Whatever this darkness is, it needs to be stopped.. Oh, where are you guys?'
She doubted anyone noticed her, she usually wasn't this quiet. Callysta softly excused herself, leaving the room.
She entered the room Reveka and her were staying in. Glancing at Reveka, Callysta smiled a bit then flopped on her bed.
She sighed and closed her eyes, trying to fall asleep.

OOC: Sorry, had to catch up c:
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:44 pm

When Reveka found herself once more in a flaming field, she wasn’t that surprised anymore. Dropping down to escape the smoke, she crawled doggedly onward. Even before she left the smoke and ash behind, she felt a presence near her. She did not recognize it as Azarael, which scared her even more. Strangely, this essence still felt familiar, though that did nothing to ease her fear. She puzzled over it as she emerged from the smoke. She gasped softly.
She knew this place. It had been the first place Azarael had brought her, where she had witnessed the Guardian’s downfall. Great stone walls towered overhead, and a massive tower within climbed into the heavens. Spare and worn out stone bricks lay scattered around these walls. She circled these walls, but found no gate or break in the wall’s circle. So she waited quietly for the presence, which had continued to follow her, to come to her. She didn’t have to wait long.
She heard him before she saw him, soft footfalls ordinary ears could not hear. She turned to meet her companion, her eyes widening in recognition.

“Jadis?”
The man watched her, grim faced. She noted the entire left sleeve of his jacket had been torn off, and there was a long scar running from his shoulder to his hand. There were spots where blood still trickled steadily through.
"Are you alright?" she asked, concerned.
His eyes, she noted, flickered from brown to a golden bronze, and puzzled over it. He nodded at her question. “Azarael waits for you,” he told her.

"How can I get in?"
"You already know. Hurry now, the Bearer of Black Wings grows impatient."
She knew how to get through the wall? Easier said than done. Sure, Azarael had his wings so he needn't be bothered with gates, but really...
With a start, she realized she did know. But could she even draw upon this power? Softly, she folded her hands as if in prayer and thought back. She had heard her mother summon the Wings once before. She inhaled deeply, nervously, then began the chant. it came from her, fresh in her mind as if she'd always known. A deep warmth filled her, and Light shone around her as beautiful, ethereal wings formed on her back.
Jadis seemed to reach eagerly toward her, and then shrank back, snarling. but his eyes were filled with longing. "Go!" he cried angrily.
She moved then, taking to the air. She ascended quickly, soon rising over the tops of the walls. She descended then, landing on the cold stone of the courtyard. The tower rose before her.
Jadis suddenly dropped down beside her. She wondered how he made it. he crossed over to the tower, laying his hands against the wall, tracing a pattern on its surface. The wall faded, revealing a door. Jadis motioned for her to go first.
As she prepared to enter, Reveka felt fear building inside her. her wings she folded close to her side and, taking a deep breath, she entered.
It was a single room, empty of adornment. There seemed no way to climb higher. She turned questioningly to Jadis. he directed her to one of the designs one the floor, then took a stand opposite her. The floor they stood on suddenly rose, flying upward at a great speed. She stared around, then looked at Jadis. He didn't meet her eyes, just stared towards the nearing ceiling. The platform came to a stop, and Jadis opened another door. When Reveka stepped through, she stood within what appeared to be a great black cloud. Her brow furrowed considerably, trying to mask her fear.

"Azarael?"
He formed before her, a half-smile on his face. "Reveka. I am pleased to finally welcome you to the Citadel, best known as the Heart of Darkness."
"I'm within the Heart?" she gasped, startled.
His smile deepened. "Perhaps I should clarify. This is the Home of the Heart of darkness." Smiling slyly, he brought his his hands together, and a door-shaped opening appeared. "Would you like to meet him?" he asked.
Reveka took an involuntary stride back, her eyes wide in open fear. Chuckling, Azarael closed the door. "Shall we get to business then?" he asked. "As future partners, we have much to discuss."

"Partners in what?" Reveka demanded. "In case you didn't notice, world domination and destruction are not hobbies of mine!" She blinked, startled by her own vehemence.
Azarael's smile actually seemed to soften. "Oh no. i talk of things deeper than petty "hobbies". Tell me...what do you remember of the Creation of our world?"
She was about to reply the obvious "nothing" when his choice of wording made her rethink her answer. He said "what do you remember", not "can you" or "do you" or something like that. did that mean...she was supposed to...

"I have no memories of that time," she said softly. "At least..not open memories. Please explain, Azarael."
he came to her and extended his hand. "It might be better if you saw for yourself," he told her.
She had already taken his hand by the time her mind wrapped around this.
"Don't play me false," she surprised herself by saying.
"Reveka, this is something of such importance I dare not mes with it," he told her. With that remark in mind, he led her through a different door...
...and into a void.
She gasped, feeling the emptiness pull at her.
"The void wants to be filled," she realized as she resisted its draw.
Azarael nodded. "Even in retrospect, emptiness desires completion," he said. "Do not let go of my hand."
Reveka nodded, cling to her one solid link in the vast nothing, waiting.
The change was subtle, so she missed it at first. Then it began to occur to her that something was different, something was changing. Matter was beginning to fill the void, forming right before her eyes. Galaxies sprang into being, stars rose and fell, taking their places in the sky. planets spun past, joining together in the galaxies.
She clasped her hands in delight.
"How truly splendid!"
Even Azarael seemed awed. "Do you begin to remember?" he asked her. When she shook her head, face troubled, he said, "Then let us see if this will jog your memory."
Time visibly passed as stars and worlds were born and died, all in the same breath. Then it settled to a regular pattern again.
"Watch closely," he said, pointing above.
She couldn't see it at first. Then she realized there was a patch in the dark sky that was deeper than the space around it, and it was speeding toward one of the galaxies. She watched in sick horror as it filled that galaxy. Suddenly, it exploded, and the galaxy died. But the clump of shadow was still there, larger than before, and it was spreading like a terrible plague.
Reveka's eyes widened.
"I...remember. I remember this! Now the..." She looked up quickly for what she knew was coming, Down from somewhere sped a bright light. Where it went, it attempted to purify what Darkness corrupted. Sometimes it won, sometimes it lost. "I remember..."
Azarael watched her closely. "Do you remember why?"
She nodded, hands clasping and unclasping nervously.
"Someone thought they could...they could oust our Creator and play God. The committed great evil, and..."
"We were once one," Azarael said softly. "Light and Dark...we were once one matter, one essence under the Creator's command. Then arose the lesser beings, anxious to write their own story with themselves as God, even though they had not the power or the wisdom to do so. Demons were born, as you witnessed, and spread the Darkness."
Puzzled by his choice of words, Reveka asked,
"Do you regret your Darkness?"
"Oh no. I am what I am. The problem is..." his eyes narrowed. "There can only be one master.
Reveka turned to look hard at him now.
"What do you mean?"
"This world is still torn between Light and Dark. only one may remain, once all's said and done. One way or another, I must dominate your pure Light, or you my Darkness."
She was beginning to panic, as frightened thoughts fluttered and scampered around her brain.
"B-b-but I...how..."
He seemed to tower over her now, his eyes glowing with intensity. "Once I have brought the Wings into me, physically or spiritually, I will have access to the Heart of Light. i will corrupt it then, winning this world for the Darkness forever."
"That's what the Wings are, then?" she asked, backing away, her hands clasped over her heart. "Paths to the Heart? Or no, gates?"
"You have the right idea. I might even go further, adding 'Guardians' to the list, for it is only through the Wings may we cross to the Heart of either side."
Reveka shook her head frantically, unsure of what to say.
"I...I want to go!"
"You think that I will let you go?" he repeated incredulously. "Fool child! I brought you here to give you a chance! I do not have to kill you to destroy Light. You could remain, you and your brother and mother! I could even return you dead father! Do you believe I brought you here and woke your memories simply for fun?? THIS IS YOUR CHOICE!!" He thrust his arm toward her, his finger stabbing at her. "Come to me and submit yourself to my will, Bearer or White Wings, and soon! I give you one chance to save yourself and you precious brother! Come join yourself to me and hand over the Heart, or I will destroy everything you love before your eyes, while you writhe in the agony of your own death! Eternal death or life are before you! Make your choice!"
She was cast from the dream by the force of his words. As she crossed from dream to reality, she heard him say, "I wait in the Citadel. You have one month to decide. Hurry..."

Nigal looked at Shaddoc a long moment, his face unreadable. "I did mention that, didn't I?" He waved away Shaddoc's apology. "No need to apologize. I'm the one who said it carelessly. However, you must not tell anyone outside of Neoman of this."
He was quiet, staring at the wall a long moment, clearly thinking on what he would say. "You know of King Lyorn, may he rest in the peace of the Light, was said to have died without an heir? Those rumors were set in motion to protect his heir, the heir of Lyorn Firesoul.
"The Darkness was, at the time, just reaching our borders, and assassins and such ilk had been spotted everywhere. The Dark rightly feared Lyorn, for as a youth the king had fought against the shadows, and was well familiar with their ways. Add that to being the last king of the Light, and he became quite important. When the attempts began to include his pregnant wife, he turned to Neoman, the guardians, and I for advice. However, before we could work something out, a great tragedy befell us.
He bowed his head slightly, face darkening in anger. "We were interrupted by loud screams. We ran with all speed to the late Queen Ellenia's room, only to find no assassins...visible ones. There was nothing we could do. The monster was in her dreams. She spent the whole might either screaming of crying. Nothing we did could wake her. when dawn finally came, her eyes opened...the haunted eyes of the dying." He paused a moment, then quietly said, "Her last words were: "For the sake of the Light, save my baby. Save my son." We ended up having to...well, cut him out. It wasn't pretty."
Nigal quickly moved on. "We decided right then and there it was too dangerous for young Jadis. in the end, we entrusted him to one Marcus Corogna, and told the world that the heir had died." Nigal looked at Shaddoc, reading his expression before continuing. "I believe you know the rest. Some years After Lyorn died, the Corogna property was attacked, with Jadis the only survivor through a miracle. We found him in the Corogna barn, trying to defend the body of the dead boy he called his brother. he didn't do too badly either, the whole place was booby-trapped." he smiled wryly. "He was entrusted to me, and I did my best to raise him. The rest you certainly know." He smiled faintly at Jadis.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Arren was getting quite exasperated with the search. He had finally made it into the prison, and now the place was no large that he couldn't possibly search it all and find Ethinine by himself before he was detected.
Then, when he was running toward a corner, something slammed into him hard enough to knock him down and almost smack his head on the stone floor, but he managed to evade that, barely. He stood up immediately, bringing his sword up, placing it flat on his outstretched fist to stabilize it and prepare for a stabbing attack, when he got a good look at his assailant.
"Ethinine!" He breathed at the same time the older boy said his name. Wasting no time, Arren lunged forward, grabbed a fistful of Ethinine's shirt, and began dragging him back the way he had come. "Come on, we're getting out of this cursed city, and the Darkness!" He said.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:07 pm

Shaddoc was silent, pondering everything Nigal had said. Of course he was surprised, but as insane as it all was, it didn't really make a difference to him. Whether Jadis was son of the king or the ruler of Darkness itself, he was Shaddoc's closest friend, and he was currently laying on a bed unconsious, mortally wounded, and apparently "half gone". Details like Jadis' heritage took a backseat to the much more pressing matter: saving Jadis.
"Thank you for your honesty, Nigal. On my honor, I'll share this knowledge with no one. Now, how can I most effectively help you bring Jadis back?"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Jadis slowly, cautiously opened his eyes. The Grand Sage was still seated, his elbows on his knees, his face in his hands. He was sleeping, the shadow realized. He stood slowly, eyes trained on the sleeping man. Walking slowly, he neared the Grand Sage. he raised his hands, claws extended, then changed his mind and moved to the door. That old man could have more in him then Jadis thought, and he wasn't the target anyway. Jadis softly eased out the door and into the hallway.
After doing some things to the door so it wouldn't open any time soon, Jadis shot down the hallway. He knew where Nigal's office was, and as it was in the opposite direction, he felt it was safe enough to make a little noise. however, he did slow as he neared the room on the end. He slipped in quietly.
Both the girls were inside, sleeping. He knew he had a little time, as the Master had Reveka occupied. The important part was not waking the other...
"He is NOT our Master!"
Jadis stumbled, but recovered quickly. "Shut up!" he hissed, asserting his dominance over his Light. With that culled, he hurried over to the bed and grabbed Reveka. He flung her limp form over his shoulders. Within seconds, he was back in the hallways, headed for outside. Once there, he would rendezvous with Gamaliel and receive his next set of orders.

"I think the first thing we should do," Nigal said slowly. "Is try to locate where this other half of Jadis is. That means either wandering blindly in the Darkness hoping to get lucky, or...maybe this shadow half can give us some clue?" he seemed troubled. "Shaddoc, I don't know...?" He glanced at the doorway. A board had creaked, outside his door, but it could just be age. Or it could be...he suddenly flung open the door, and came face to face with Jadis, who had Reveka slung over his shoulder. The shadow snarled and dove away, making a break for the exit.
Nigal was out after him like a flash, simply expecting Shaddoc to follow. But his mind was focused on that shadow, for the child it carried and the single real hope that lay within it.

"O-okay!" Ethinine gasped, for Arren grabbed his collar. He wrenched from Arren's hold and stumbled after him, feeling relieved and anxious all at the same time.
Shadows suddenly darted out of the pathways before them, surrounding them. Ethinine, acting instinctively, summoned a swirling ball of wind to him, which he held in his hands. "So what's the plan?" he asked Arren, hoping the younger teen had an idea. As far as plans went, Ethinine was stumped.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Arren stopped instantly, digging his heels into the ground and barely avoiding running straight into the shadows in front of him. He glanced back at Ethinine and saw there were shadows there, too. They were surrounded.
He raised his left arm in front of him into a fist and placed the flat of his sword on top of it, pointing it straight at the shadow directly in front of him. "The plan," He said to Ethinine, keeping his voice low enough so only the older boy could hear him, "is to fight our way out, break through any defenses we come across, and flee the city." And maybe somewhere, we'll meet back up with Talos and Jadis. He added mentally, realizing he had lost Talos as well.
Without any further instructions, he launched himself forward, thrusting the tip of his sword out to impale straight through the closest shadow.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Ethinine stared at him a long moment, then said, "Well, much as I admire your optimism...I think you've hit a snag."
He said this because he could see, coming toward them through the mass of shadows, an imposing figure of a man...but his hands seemed hideously mutated, sporting claws with points sharp as swords. He looked like the head-man of this particular group. He was behind them, actually, but was coming closer...
With a start, Ethinine whirled around and blasted the shadows before Arren with wind, casting most of them out of the way. He hurried to keep up with him, figuring that being with his impulsive, pig-headed friend was better than being alone with whoever was coming up behind them.

Jadis woke to find himself in an empty room. Mastedon had gone, and Azarael was no where in sight. He could just faintly see his other half running through the Band's headquarters, with...was that the girl, Arren's sister, over his shoulder? That sounded like Nigal after him. He hoped his mentor would catch him.
Softly, he sat up, then climbed to his feet. The gloom beyond seemed to reach out at the door, but drew back. He stared at it tiredly. Something was out there. Something was waiting for him to make a move. To remain in the...safety...of this room, or go out and face whatever stood between him and freedom.
Well, besides Azarael, of course.
He took a deep breath and stepped into the darkness.
At first, there was nothing. And then, slowly, he felt the shadows around him change. Slowly, subtly, it began coiling around him. It was not solid, but there was a sort of constricting feeling to it. He closed his eyes and kept moving forward. After taking a few paces, he reached out his hand instinctively, trying to find if there was anything in front of him.
His hand touched something solid.
His eyes opened. There was nothing there, and yet something was quite solid and real. He ran his hand over it, trying to guess. What was it? He continued probing, trying to guess.
"I wouldn't, if I were you."
He didn't need to turn. "Azarael." He kept probing at the solidity.
"Once you break the outer walls of this place, you could fall directly into the realm of the Heart. That could have some...unpleasant consequences."
"Death beats slavery," he said.
"There are things worse than death."
"Name one."
At that instant, his hand found an edge to the 'wall' before him. Shouting in triumph, he wrenched it away, for it was surprisingly pliable at the edge. Next thing he knew, he was falling into an abyss as deep as the nothingness itself.
He thought he heard Azarael curse somewhere above him, and actually laughed, thinking that at least he'd annoyed the Hand of Darkness. As the realm he was in grew blacker still, his laughter died, and he prepared himself for what he knew was to come. Perhaps...just perhaps he could find a way out of the Heart's world without being discovered.

OOC- Man, trying to work out what to leave in and what to take out is hard. I feel almost like I'm cheating here with Jadis, but...eh, it would happen eventually.
...you know, maybe I should let Shadow Jadis escape. Heaven knows that would get everyone into the Citadel faster...hmm....Claec, expect a pm.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Arren glanced back at Ethinine when he mentioned a snag, and he saw the 'man' his friend mentioned. "Doesn't matter. Just get out faster and he won't reach us." He said, turning his attention back in front of him just as Ethinine's blast of wind cleared the shadows ahead of him.
He continued cutting down the shadows directly in front of him until he cleared out a small opening through the group. "Come on!" He shouted back to Ethinine as he charged through the gap and started running full tilt forward. So long as they didn't stop or slow down, Arren saw no problem with just outrunning the shadows and escaping. And if they did catch up with them, he would figure something out then.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:43 am

Shaddoc shouted an exclamation of surprise. He didn't need to be told what he needed to do next, and in a moment he was ahead of the older man, his youth giving him the advantage. He didn't slow his pace to wait for Nigal, but simply surged forward, mentally screaming at his legs to move faster. Questions ran through his head a million miles an hour. How had he managed to heal quickly enough to not only get out of bed, but kidnap Reveka and carry her like that, while still managing to stay ahead of Shaddoc? How had he managed to get past the Grand Sage? But most importantly, what on earth was he doing?! Shaddoc still couldn't figure out what was going on, whether this was really the Jadis he knew, or how any of that worked. His thoughts and feelings were so conflicted. None of what the Grand Sage or Nigal had said made any sense to him, and he'd given up trying to figure it out. But he knew one thing: he needed to stop Jadis, right now. There was no way he was going to lose track of him.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Jadis fell for what felt like a long time. When he stopped falling, he wasn't exactly sure what he stood on. It wasn't solid, exactly, but neither was it squishy. It wasn't hard, and it wasn't soft. Neither was it warm or cold. But for the fact something was supporting him, he honestly would have said he stood on nothing itself.
He could feel another presence with him, a looming vastness. It frightened him, the warped malevolence and evil surrounding him.
He took a faltering step forward, trying to comprehend what it was he stood on. "Its like the night sky," he realized. "Only, no stars."
"Someone has come within my realm."
Jadis jumped, taken by surprise. The voice had no single place, it came from all around him so he could not pinpoint where it was.
"Its been a long time since I have had a visitor."
"Where are you?" Jadis asked quietly.
"I am everywhere. This is my place, while I await the corruption of the Heart of Light."
"Or the cleansing of yours," Jadis said.
"That is correct."
"Do you have a solid form I could actually see?" Jadis questioned.
A faint outline of something, a flame maybe? formed before him. Then, slowly, it shifted into the visible form of a man, richly robed. Small black dots danced in his eyes, much to Jadis' surprise.
"It is not my regular form, but I believe you'll find it easier to bear." His dark eyes regarded Jadis thoughtfully. "You are only half a man. how is this possible?"
"Azarael tried to turn my to the Dark, but I resisted. Then...I just splot, and there were two of me, a Light and a Dark." his eyes narrowed. "But wouldn't you know? Aren't the Hand and the Heart connected?"
"Not in the way people think. After all, were we connected as such, it would be easier to be destroyed."
"Do you have a name besides the Heart of Darkness?" Jadis asked. He was surprised at himself. Here he was, in the presence of the Heart itself, and he was not only remaining in control of himself but demanding answers of it. He wondered what Shaddoc would say.
"I have many names. Some are names of fear. Others are terms of adoration. Still others are simply means for people to identify."
"What shall I call you then?"
The Hand paused to consider this. "You will not call me in adoration, and you control your fear. A means of identification then. You will call me Adon."
Adon. Lord. He noted the 'will', which made the statement more of a command. He didn't feel any inclination to disobey either. Shuddering, he reminded himself that this was the Heart of Darkness. He couldn't afford to underestimate him, or his power. "Adon, is there a way out of this place?"
Adon smiled slightly. "Perhaps, if you amuse me enough. Or if Azarael begs prettily enough. He has been asking to have you returned for the past half-hour." He tilted his head back, smiling as if he'd just heard something amusing. Jadis had a mental image of Azarael standing before the open wall, cursing a blue streak. He felt like doing the same.
"What exactly do you want?"
"You apparently mean an awful lot to him," Adon continued, as though he hadn't heard Jadis. he nodded after a minute. "Ah, a matter of vengeance against your father. He must have been quite the man to have annoyed Azarael." He waited a moment, then nodded again. "Ah, I understand. Jadis Firesoul, a son of the Wings. What a pleasant surprise."
"Son of the...what? And I'm not Firesoul! Who the heck is he anyway?"
"I'm surprised Azarael left you ignorant. Why would we call you something you aren't? You are the heir of Lyorn Firesoul, once Bearer of the White Wings."
Jadis stared at him, dumbfounded. That was...one heck of a claim. Deciding to try and ignore it, he went down the path of least resistance. "Why do you call him that? He didn't actually carry the Wings, did he?"
"For a short time, though not many knew. It truly rankled in Azarael's heart, for Lyorn was such a deadly opponent. Now he, he knew well the fighting strengths of the Light. He nearly had Lyorn, did Azarael, but Firesoul, seeing the trap laid, gave up the power of the Wings to Emagene and went down fighting the Hand of Darkness himself."
"Are the Hand and the Wings the same person?"
"They are usually the same person, but they had been known to separate. Take, for instance, the twins Brander, my Hand, and Angeline, the Bearer of Black Wings." He smiled faintly. "That was a good time. The Darkness thrived then."
Jadis saw two insubstantial figures form in the shadows nearby, a boy and girl, hardly adults. As one they leapt toward Jadis, but their ghostly images slipped through him. Jadis shivered from the chill that passed through his body, watching as tghe two took place on either side of Adon, who rested his hands on their shoulders. "What are they?" Jadis asked, eying them cautiously.
"They are their souls. Do not fear them. They are pleased to meet you."
Jadis eyed their hard gazes with doubt. "Were they weakened, spread out in two people like that?"
"Whatever would give you that impression? Twins already share a bond deeper than our understanding can comprehend. The Hand and the Wings are connected in a similar way. Put the two together, and power beyond your imagining is born."
Jadis nodded slowly. "Makes sense, I suppose." He crossed his arms, shifting his weight to his left foor. he stared at the ground, eyes narrowing as he thought and wondered. At least, should the Wings fight now, it was fairly even. Azarael was strong, but so was Emagene, if she still lived. If she didn't, who had she passed on the Wings to? Most likely Arren or Reveka. Arren seemed to be the older sibling, so he was rather likely, and he had used wings to boost himself, back at that one fight...
jadis almost choked on that. AArren was the Hand of Light, the Bearer of White Wings perhaps, and Jadis had led him deep into the Darkness! But Azarael seemed interested in Reveka, more so than Arren, which didn't make much sense.
He was missing something here. he only wished he knew what.
"Are you amused enough?" he asked finally. "I'm ready to go." Heck...he wasn't sure which was worse. Azarael using him, or Adon toying with him.
Adon smiled condescendingly at him, and it really was making Jadis mad. "I suppose. Azarael does seem to believe he could really use you." he nodded. "It has been a pleasure to meet you, Jadis Firesoul. I hope we can renew our acquaintance again."
Brander and Angeline came to him, extending their hands. Jadis slowly took them, eying them wonderingly, for they now seemed solid. They rose then, carrying him between them, rising up away from the Heart's realm.

Shadow Jadis glanced back, then dove out of the building through a window, kicking it in so the glass shattered in the building. Unless they wanted to cut their feet, they would have to be careful then. Hissing in pleasure, he ran for the castle.
Dodging notice, he hurried toward the North Tower. Gamaliel was there, waiting

Nigal saw the glass, but it hardly registered. Without any hesitation, he rushed over them, taking as large a stride as he could, and hoping the boots were thick enough. He ran for the door and exited the building, but saw no sign of Jadis. He glanced around, then grimaced. "Great. Where is he?"

OOC- sorry Odd. I'll try and get Ethinine and Arren moving soon.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Shaddoc yelled in frustration when Jadis jumped out the window, stopping short to avoid the glass spraying everywhere. Nigal ran for the door, but Shaddoc wasn't allowed to grant Jadis that much of a lead. On a split-second decision, he lunged toward the window, reaching for the frame and hissing as he grasped a broken edge of glass. He ignored the cut on his hand, instead tucking his arms in and leaping out of the window, grimacing as he felt a corner of glass scrape his head.
"Jadis!" He yelled, wishing his words would get through. He didn't stop running, barely keeping Jadis in sight.
"Nigal, this way!" He yelled, not daring to look back and risk losing sight of Jadis.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:44 am

Ethinine shook his head, blasting some shadows away from their back. "There's a flaw in your plan," he pointed out again. "Since he's moving much faster than we are. The shadows let him through. They're fighting us. We're going to-"
All of the shadows suddenly stopped, then scampered back from the two teens, making a wide circle around them. Ethinine saw something enter the circle, and gasped when he saw who.
Azarael was walking toward them, his eyes focused on Arren. "So you came," he said. "I knew you would, for I had someone you cared about." He nodded at Ethinine, though his eyes never left Arren, "Forgive me for baiting you, but you left me no other choice. But now you're here." He smiled. "Which means we are lacking only one more member. Once Reveka is here, then we can begin."

Jadis had been allowed to leave the confines of the room, even go to watch Azarael try and claim Arren, but was restrained from playing a part. Much to his surprise, Brander and Angeline were his guards, sitting on either side of him right now. Their eyes were on Azarael, but he knew they watched him.
It disturbed him, these spirits. He had gotten Azarael to explain, but it still puzzled him. The old Hands and Bearers' spirits remained, even when their physicaly forms died. Even in this state of half-life, they still had some power, which they continued to use in support of the Darkness. This was apparently part of the position; Even though they had passed on the duty, there was a lasting effect upon the person. It seemed a double-edged blade to him. He wondered if it was the same for the Light.
He sat on a roof now, shadowed and out of sight. The silence of his...companions was unnerving to say the least, and he wished they would speak. It didn't help that he was dying to go down and throw his support behind Arren.

Reveka was beginning to stir. Jadis realized he didn't have much time. And if he had heard correctly, those blasted people were still on his trail. "I can't take them alone."
Without further ado, he ran straight for the North Tower. Slamming the door shut behind him, he ran up the stairs two at a time, shouting, "Gamaliel! Lord Gamaliel, we have a situation!"

Nigal ran after Shaddoc, placing his faith in the younger man now. He could hardly see Shaddoc, and did his best to catch up.

OOC- been a while since I posted in here...sorry guys.
Wolfsong

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying