Infinite

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Infinite

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:54 pm

OOC- Light, Oddood, I'm trying to save her life right now!!! Help me out here, she's already making it hard enough! :bang: :lol: :lol:

Cyrano grabbed her arm, saying, "And tell me, how are you going to go about doing that?" He tried a different tack. "look, please, just trust me. I promise, you'll get Python, but you have to work with me here."
Silk glanced nervously at the sky; they had begun fighting. "Can we just get out of here?" he begged.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:00 pm

OOC: Ha, me? Make things easy? NEVER!!!

Saify shrugged off Cyrano, then jumped up into the air, soaring up and landing on Fafnir...

OOC: Heh, kidding.

Saify looked at Cyrano, then back up at Python, then back to Cyrano, then Silk, then Python. Finally, she hissed in extreme frustration, "Fine. Lets go." She said, turning and running away with Cyrano.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:06 pm

OOC- 'running away with'? did you mean that the way it came out?

Cyrano made sure everyone was together, then kept them running till they were a good distance away. Then he turned, watching. "My bets on Python, by the way," he said to Silk. "Reysa's good but...I know Python. and I know he'll win."
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:09 pm

OOC: Well, it wasn't meant the way I now envision it when I read it, but I'm not about to be bothered to change it. :P

Saify was too busy watching the two villains to engage in chattering with the rest, she wanted one of them to hurry and die, that way, if Python won, she could kill him, and if Reysa won, she could run to the nearest respawn point and kill Python. Anti spawncamping rules be darned, rules ceased being enforced sometime around when a dragon leveled Central City.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 01, 2013 4:43 pm

Python grinned at Reysa, who levitated level with him. "I've always wondered what sort of tricks you had up your sleeve," he said. "And I mean your actual ones. Not the ones you cheat to get."
"Its not cheating if its yours to begin with."
Python cocked his head slightly. "Forcing those plants to do your will?"
"They put me in charge of the area."
He grinned wider. "Ah well, you'll have to use your personal skills here, dog. Tell me, are you going to shift?"
"Not unless I deem you worth the effort, boy."
That had to stop. Fafnir roared and struck. Reysa dodged nimbly, landing on his back, facing Python who had already drawn his sword. In Reysa's hands appeared claws of fire, and when he smiled his teeth were razor-sharp.
Python just smirked at him and attacked.

Cyrano was quiet, thinking, then he said, "Silk, stay put. And I promise, I put a link between us, so I'll know if you're betraying me."
Silk was silent. Cyrano continued, "Nancy, Saify, come with me. I have an idea."
Softly, he prowled forward toward the duo, keeping low to the ground. His tail was almost level with the dirt, and his ears stood straight up. "I think I have an idea, so we can render them both powerless at once," he said. "Care to help me?"

OOC- now I just have to figure out what that plan is. :sweat:
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:38 pm

OOC: This is getting better by the minute. XD

Saify watched the two in midair as they bantered, then began attacking. At that point, Cyrano pulled her and Nancy a ways closer to the battle, then said he had some sort of plan. Saify hoped it was a good, elaborate, well thought out plan that he had had for a while, not just some simplistic spur of the moment idea, because those never tended to end well. "What can we do?" She asked.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Oddood198 wrote:Saify watched the two in midair as they bantered, then began attacking. At that point, Cyrano pulled her and Nancy a ways closer to the battle, then said he had some sort of plan. Saify hoped it was a good, elaborate, well thought out plan that he had had for a while, not just some simplistic spur of the moment idea, because those never tended to end well. "What can we do?" She asked.

OOC- oh, thank you, that just made my day so much better. :bang:
:?:

Cyrano grinned. "I admit, its something a little...on the spur of the moment, but I promise I mulled over it carefully for flaws. There's room for plenty, but if we work together, we can pull it off. First off, we need to make a triangle, and link. This will connect our powers, make them stronger. Lets start with the triangle. Saify, you head west, Nancy go east. Think of a triforce triangle, since that's what we're trying to make here." He grinned at their faces. "Just follow, okay?"
Nancy nodded slowly, and carefully started out, watching both Saify and Cyrano as they took their position. "I hope he's as good as rumor says," she thought. "Or this could get really, really messy." She linked, trying to keep her thoughts to herself.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:28 pm

OOC: I do my best for you, Wolfy.

Haha, triforce triangle, make a link, I get it.

If Saify hadn't already visited the depths of despair twice that day, she would have given up when Cyrano said the plan was spur of the moment. But, seeing as there was no other choice, she resolved to see it through to the end. When Cyrano told her and Nancy to take their positions, she began, as inconspicuously as she could, walking to her designated area. She doubted that the dueling pair would be able to notice her, particularly with that superbly large dragon between them, but it didn't hurt to be cautious. Once she got to her spot, it dawned on her that she had no clue how to make a link. Well, she thought, I hope one of them can do it. People have been making mental links with me practically since I logged in for the first time, so I doubt it'll be too much trouble.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 07, 2013 12:51 pm

OOC- I didn't quite mean to make that pun...where's the facepalm smilie? :hits_self

Cyrano reached with his mind and soon found them, Saify and Nancy. He carefully linked their minds together, and asked through the link-"What powers have we to use at our disposal?"
"I can use Lightning and Light," he heard Nancy say. He said:
"Mine are...mostly fighting knowledge and ability. 'Fraid that its really. What about you Saify?"

Python and Reysa had fought on Fafnir's back, while the dragon was trying to figure out how to get at Reysa that way. He'd even flown upside down at one point, and the only thing that had kept Python from falling, was his hasty grip on one of the scales. Fortunately, that hadn't lasted long. Reysa was actually panting a little, while he still felt fresh. He smiled; the little surprise up his sleeve was working.
"Had enough?" he asked.
Reysa smiled grimly. "I suppose I can see how you survived so long. Very well, I accept your earlier challenge." He backed away slightly, crossing his arms. Bright red flashes of pure energy flashed around him, as he began changing. Before him suddenly stood a huge, monstous wolf, towering almost as high as Fafnir. The dragon roared and quickly rolled to lose the added weight. Python again grabbed a scale, staring slightly. Truly impressive. "Cute," he remarked. The monstrous creature roared, Fafnir replyed, and the two attacked. Where Python had originally been, there was nothing. He had vanished. But Reysa, not seeing this, struggled and fought with Fafnir, who kept him locked in struggle.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Saify jumped slightly as the voices began sounding in her head, but she quickly realized it was just Cyrano and Saify. Even if she was expecting it, disembodied voices in her head still spooked her a bit.
"I can make illusions, and they're real to anyone who believes them." She thought, hoping the link would catch it, she supposed that was how it worked.
She looked up toward the battle as the gargantuan wolf appeared, and she lowered her head, glaring at it in disbelief. You have got to be joking. She thought.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 07, 2013 1:27 pm

"...hmm...then here's what we'll do. We'll combine. Nancy, start gathering as much light and lightning into yourself as possible. I want everything you can use handy. Saify...start thinking of an image of containment. You don't need anything perfectly solid yet, like a cage or such, but the simple idea itself can work sometimes. I guess I'll be the power point, since I'm the strongest here. Lets start pulling this together."

OOC- and now...here's where I decide that my idea is lame, but whatever.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:31 pm

OOC: When you hit that point, this late in the story, the best thing to do is, as my brother would say, bullcrap your way through and make a better sequel.

Saify nodded, even though she was fairly sure nobody could see her, and began imagining it. Not a cage, or a net, or anything, she just imagined the concept of imprisonment, of being trapped. "Ok, I'm ready." She thought.

OOC: Short!
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 07, 2013 1:36 pm

OOC- Lol, wise man. I'm certainly going to try to do better next time. but lets finish this.

Cyrano was surprised, when Nancy announced she was ready. The amount she held was shocking. And Saify was ready. Now!-
"Force that image around them Saify!" he shouted mentally, instantly bracing himself. He knew this sort of thing took a lot out of you. "Nancy, pour your power into it, and your belief! Our combined belief will give her image solidity! Whenever your ready Saify!

OOC- yay, lots of yelling. Say, maybe I can pull this off after all.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:40 pm

OOC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764. Fitting, here.

Saify closed her eyes, concentrating her thoughts, feelings, and everything she had, then she opened them, looking up at the battlefield, and unleashed her power and her imagined imprisonment. She didn't yell or shout, like in some overated shonen manga, she just believed that this would work.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 07, 2013 1:53 pm

OOC- what's wrong with a little yelling?

Reysa found himself frozen in place. His eyes widened, and he struggled. There were fractures here. he could still-
Nancy and Cyrano poured their collected belief into Saify's image. When it took form, it was a sort of shimmery glaze(for lack of a better word) around Fafnir and Reysa. And it held.
"YES!" Nancy laughed.

Unbeknownst to them, Python had evaded the trap by letting Fafnir and Reysa fight it out and hiding in the bushes. he had seen Cyrano and the others, and had guessed at what they were doing. So he let them. It made his want easier. Softly, he drew the round red stone from his pocket, and hefted it.
"I do love a little cheating," he murmured. He hefted the stone again, then hurled it at Reysa's still figure. The rock, as it flew, suddenly transformed into a small dirk, with a poisoned tip. He didn't bother watching to see if it would make it, and began creeping up on Saify.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:59 pm

OOC: Nothing, so long as there isn't twelve volumes of it while charging a single Kamehameha.

Saify watched as Fanfir, Reysa, and the giant wolf all suddenly froze in place, and then the air around them began shimmering, it reminded Saify a bit of pictures she had seen of the northern lights. And somewhere, in the impenetrable prison, Python was trapped, probably struggling to move and cursing this twist of fate. Saify grinned, "That'll teach that snake to toy with other people's feelings." She hissed in triumph.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 07, 2013 2:10 pm

OOC- okay, you have a point.

Python stood over Saify's crouched figure, smiling mockingly. "Indeed, Reysa needed the lesson," he agreed quietly. "But then...who truly cares? What's one human being in the grand scheme of things?"

Cyrano lept to his feet, staring, just noticing the small, silver-glinting thing going to Reysa. "No!" he shouted, as it penetrated the hide of the wolf. He heard Reysa's agonized cry, and grimaced. "He won't have much time, it really would be best to take them alive...oh heck! Nancy, watch my back!" and he rushed toward the trapped creatures, taking a huge leap onto Fafnir's tail. Using this, he began climbing up.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Just barely hearing the low voice behind her, Saify whirled around, coming up to her feet. She saw, right before her very eyes, Python, standing over her. "You!" She hissed, reaching to her side and drawing the illusionary sword on her belt. She didn't ask why he was here, or how he had escaped the trap. She didn't need to. He was here in front of her, and that was all that mattered at the moment.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 07, 2013 2:41 pm

He smiled. "Child, that sword is as hollow an illusion as I've seen. What can it do, if I don't believe?" he drew his sword then. "Now, simply, you will die for what you have done." and he came forward, the sword raised for the kill.

Cyrano, after a heck of a lot of straining, made it to the dirk. It was buried deep, and he grimaced. "This'll be a pain." gingerly, he extracted the dirk, and watched the greenish-tinted muck ooze out slightly with the red blood. "Nancy, would you mind giving me some of that power of yours? I'm going to try to get this stuff out. Saify, can you make an appropriate tool for this?"

OOC- oblivious. I think we're almost finished. Except...Remus and Rinya. what will I do with them?
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Saify raised her sword, glaring at Python. What he didn't know, was that the sword, the illusion, was actually woven around a small, but real, dagger that Saify had received on starting the game. It was in the sword, hidden by it. It was about as low-level an item as one could get, and she had no idea if it would actually have an effect against the high-level Python, but it was her only chance, at this point. She got the message from Cyrano in the link, but ignored it, she didn't have the luxury of sparing a bit of her attention.
As Python advanced on her, Saify gritted her teeth, then charged at him, thrusting her sword, and the hidden dagger, at his chest, praying for some kind of result.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 07, 2013 3:02 pm

OOC- okay, I'm going to try to bring Remus and Rinya back. Sorry Adri for godmodding, but I don't want to lose them in the mess.

After walking for heaven knew how long, Remus and Rinya saw the dragon again. Something was wrong though, it was so still. There was some other creature with it too, a monstrous wolf-like being. It seemed in pain.
"What is going on?" he asked aloud.
Rinya, looking around, pointed. "Hey look- isn't that Nancy?"
Quickly, they rushed over to Nancy, who appeared to be struggling. "Nancy!" Remus shouted. "Nancy, what's going on?"
"Don't-interupt!" she gasped, real strain in her voice. "Holding them...cant' much longer...something wrong...Saify's not answering....help her!" she stumbled, falling to her knees, straining like she was carrying a terrible burden. Remus looked around quickly. "We need to find Saify, then maybe we'll find out what's going on here," he said. "Come on!" he and Rinya hurried away.

Nancy grimaced, pain filling her. The strain of holding the shield was incredible. She had tryed to reach Saify, but the girl had broken the link somehow. She didn't know what had happened, she just knew that, without her added strength, this just got harder. "Hurry Cyrano," she begged. "Remus, Rinya, hurry...find her."

Some instinct saved him from instant death for, as he had trained himself years ago, he moved slightly to the left away from the sword, so that the dagger only grazed his side. His eyes widened in surprise, then narrowed thoughtfully as he twisted away, swinging at her head. Clever child, to hide a real weapon in an illusion. But it didn't matter, this would end now.

Cyrano, realizing Saify wasn't there anymore, struggled to cleanse the wound by himself. "This won't work," he grimaced.
"Need a hand?"
He looked up, startled by the new voice. Flying next to him was an angel-like person. "Who are you?" he demanded.
"I'm Max, one of the mods. Chancellor sent me to find you. He's rounded up everyone and they're on their way."
Cyrano grinned, relieved. They might just make it. "Thanks. Any help would be apreeciated. We need to get the poison out now."
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:07 pm

Saify looked at the sword, rushing down toward her head in a move that would have instantly killed her. But, somehow, some instinct developed over years of playing videogames, that innate sense of danger that all long-time gamers had, took over and commanded her to duck. She did so, and the blade whistled a hairsbreadth above her head, slicing her hood to tatters.
She righted herself, then turned to face Python again, her teeth now bared in a snarl and her eyes had that recurring wild glint in them.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Python grimaced as she ducked. And he had thought she was just a simple bloody newb. He raised his arm to strike again, when an unseen root caught his foot, tripping him off balance.

OOC- lame... :lol:

Nancy was startled when, suddenly, there were several others helping hold the block. "Who..." she turned to see someone coming toward her.
"Great job," the Chancellor congradulated her. "We'll take it from here."
She smiled greatfully and released her hold. Instantly, she ran to find Saify, and find out what happened.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Saify saw Python falling off-balance, it appears his foot had been caught, and she had thought he was an experienced player. She lunged forward, bringing her dagger down. The sword illusion shattered as it his Python, but the dagger continued moving at his body. Everything seemed to happen in slow-motion, as the dagger found it's way to Pythons...
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Python felt the dagger plundge into his body, and his eyes widened from the shock. What....
He stumbled away, pushing Saify off of him, staring at the blood pouring from him. He knew enough to know, she'd hit a fatal spot. He didn't have long, didn't have long at all.
"How..." he whispered. "You're a bloody newb. How..."
"Python!"
His eyes closed. Suddenly, he felt very cold. And it wasn't because of the person calling him. No, she was nothing to him. "Nancy," he said.
She walked up towards him, slowly. Her eyes took in everything. Saify with the bloodied hand, Python with the dagger lodged into him, and the blood falling. Softly, she came forward. "I suppose you'll say I got what I deserved," Python commented carelessly.
"Python..." she was quiet, then asked, "Please, just answer me this. Did you ever really, truly care about me? In all that mess, was there not even the slightest feeling?"
He laughed.
She nodded. "Didn't think so. You lied to me, to Silk, and to everyone else all this time. You never intended to keep any promise you ever made."
"What's another human being in the gran scheme of things?" he repeated as he laughed. Funny, he was enjoying this. He was dying, and he was enjoying himself. For goodness sake...
"You've never cared for anything but yourself, haven't you?" Nancy said, voicing rising in volume. Remus and Rinya ran up, and then hung back as she shouted. "You've always cared for nothing but number 1! Python, you dirty goat! You have got what you deserved."
"Its not the end," he said. He smiled at Saify, as he said this. "Its never the end. i will come back, and play the same game again. No matter how long it takes, I will play, till I win."
"Its just a bloody game!" she snapped.
He shook his head. "That's where you're wrong, Nancy. Its so much more..." and like that, standing tall and proud despite the wound in him, he faded away. Nancy watched until every last piece was gone, then whispered, "Its not, Python. Its not living."
"And-done! Now he won't come back."
Oracle and Romulus were grinning as they walked over. "Just banned Python and Pierce, just to be sure," Oracle said. "Now once we take care of Reysa and Fafnir, everything's going to be okay."
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Saify looked at the spot Python had been standing in, when he faded, all that was left was her bloodied dagger, which fell to the ground. She looked at her bloody hand, and then, finally, waves of exhaustion overcame her and she collapsed to her knees. She looked up at Nancy, smiling faintly, "Sorry..." She said, "You didn't get a chance to hit him. My bad."
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 07, 2013 3:42 pm

nancy smiled faintly. "That's alright. I don't think...I could have done it anyway." She suddenly laughed. "Light...its over...we did it!" she hugged Saify.

Elsewhere...in another part of a story I almost forgot...

Manowar struck down Grigor after an epic duel, then turned to Mirage. "You okay Mira?" he asked, noting how calm she suddenly looked.
"Yeah Manny...I finally made a decision." she looked up at him, saying, "I'm quitting, logging out for the last time. I'm done with this game. Its just...its too real for its own good. People like Grigor...there will always be more like that. I can't stand it."
He nodded. "I'm with you. But before you go, I need to tell you, will you come to my house, in the real world? I have something for you."
Slowly, she nodded. "Alright. See you then." and she logged out.

OOC- there, that saved me having to make their fight out. Nix. :lol:
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Saify smiled, hugging Nancy back. "Yeah, it's done." She said, "Now, do we have any more business to attend to? It's getting late where I am, and I've been logged in for..." She opened a menu, checking her login timer. She laughed. "I've been logged in for twenty one straight hours now. Well, if there is anything else, I may as well stick around for it. What's another hour or two? Maybe I can make it an entire twenty four hours."
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue May 07, 2013 4:00 pm

OOC- lol OMgosh, I forgot about login time. I am the one who keeps forgetting its just a game!

"Well, I think we're going to have a celebration of sorts," Romulus mentioned. "This was pretty epic, and everyone's going to want to hear the story. I don't suppose you'd be willing to hang around those last few hours and hang out with us?"
Remus and Rinya walked foward. "Sounds like fun," Remus said. "And we'll get to hear what we missed. I'm looking forward to it."
"And as the one who actually got Python," Oracle said to Saify. "We, the mods, would be obliged if you'd hang around so we can thank you personally. You've done an awful lot for us, and we just want to say thanks."

Cyrano, with the help of Max, drained out the poison, and together they got Reysa untransformed and ensnared on the ground. "You're in for some pretty hefty things here," the Chancellor said. "We're definitely going to ban you...after we clean up the rest of the mess you made. Which means we'll need all the information about the places you've set up shop in and set your men up." He turned to Cyrano. "Which reminds me, the slavers' guild still needs taking care of. May I leave that in your compatent hands?"
Cyrano grinned. "You don't have to ask me twice."

Silk crawled from the place he was hiding in and glanced around. Everyone was rejoicing, everyone had forgotten him. Quietly, he turned and fled the scene, resolving to quit, delete his current character, and come back later. Right now, however, he wanted to protect his things so he could find them later. The laptop he buried under the tree that had gotten struck by lightning in the swamp. The rest...was lost. He logged out, resolving to contact Python, or Landon as his actual name was, and set up shop again. As Python had said, the game wasn't over yet. And together, they'd played their split very well.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:20 pm

At the mention of a celebration, Saify smiled, "Yeah, i think I'd like that." She said. Then, when Oracle stated that all the mods would like to thank Saify personally, she could feel the heat of her face flushing at embarrassment.
"Oh, n-no, it was nothing, really, I-I just happened to be there..." She stammered, trying to take the attention off herself. Now that Python was gone, she no longer had a target for her rage, and it quickly subsided, and Saify began to revert back to her old, shy self. But still, she felt a little different, and she didn't think she would ever be quite like she was back then.
Then, she remembered another thing.
"Oh, just a second." She said. She opened her menu and scrolled through it, going to her friends list. It was empty, as she hadn't actually added any names to it yet, but she thought there would be a lot of that at the celebration later. She input the username of one person, but once they were added she saw that they had logged off. She composed a message to them that they would see the next time they logged on.

"Hey, it's Saify, although I guess it says that under 'Sender', doesn't it? Well, anyway, I would like to get together and talk sometime, there are a few things I want to ask you. I guess it may be kind of awkward, but I think it'd be OK, you seem like a really nice person... Well, send me a message next time you're on, I'd like to try and be friends this time.

P.S. Sorry for chasing you up that tree in the swamp, I was having a bit of a bad day."

Satisfied, Saify sent the message, then closed her menus. "Now," She said, "Is there any cake in this world? I could really go for a cake."

OOC: Hey... What happened to Tobikomi?
Oddood198

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying