Infinite

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Infinite

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:23 pm

"Light, I hate races!" Romulus groaned. Cyrano nodded, grinning at Oracle.
"We won't need to race, will we?" he said, smiling. He grabbed Saify's hand, grinning now at her. "Hold on - the fun's about to begin!" Then Oracle's teleport happened.
The marsh slowly came into view. It was dark, as night had descended, so visibility was poor. Cyrano glanced around, then whispered quietly, "Oracle, open to the mental pathways - try to pick up anyone talking."
She nodded agreement. Cyrano glanced around, then said, "Romulus, you and Oracle stay here. You two aren't the sturdiest people I know, and I doubt you really know the marshes at all." Oracle nodded, and sat down. Romulus grimaced, but said nothing, indicating silent agreement. Cyrano turned to Saify, a thoughtful look in his eyes. "I'll be frank, I don't know you well enough to know your strengths. However, I can sense a strength in you, a determination that powers you." he smiled faintly. "Reminds me of someone I used to know." There was an odd note of longing in his voice. But he quickly recovered and asked, "The point is, I think you can stand up to the marshes. You want to come with me to seek out the hacker?"
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:28 pm

The marshes. Saify had mixed feelings about this place, on one hand, it was a smelly, filthy, nasty place, not to mention the countless dangers and lack of daylight due to the thick trees. But on the other, this was where she met Pierce, and the two of them, along with Nancy, fought off that shade together. Well, that was more of a bitter memory now, she supposed. So all around, she hated the marshes now.
Nonetheless, if it gave her a way to strike back at Pierce, she would gladly go trekking through them with this odd man she just met. She nodded, starting to create a second blade in her free hand, a machete this time, in case the brush needed some trimming. "Let's go." She said simply.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Cyrano smiled gently at her. He could sense pain in her, but he couldn't guess the reason. However, he felt that was part of her private thoughts, and he hated trying to read others minds anyway, so he didn't pursue it. Instead, smiling like he sensed nothing, he led the way into the marshes.
The place was as buggy as he remembered, and he could hear the occasional hoot or growl from the swamp life. However, he knew this place well, like he knew many others well, and did not fear it.
"You want to know a secret?" he whispered to Saify. "This is something I've discovered, and no one else knows because everyone believes this place spooky after dark. It only happens at night too. Look - its starting!"
All around them, suddenly, flowers were opening up, giving off a beautiful, luminescent light that reflected off of everything, giving the colors and swamp a more vibrant, beautiful, alive look. It was like something out of a dream, for the once ugly, spooky place had turned into a beautiful, lonely place, safe from the destructive hands of most humans.
"I discovered it by accident," he murmured. "I was trying to follow someone in here before, back when the hacker's first struck. The light, I discovered, has other uses." He pointed straight ahead. Sitting on a high branch in one of the trees was Silk, fiddling away with the computer, completely visible due to the gentle lights. Two other men suddenly appeared, armed.
"Well, this place is a freak show," one of them said loudly, obnoxiously. Then he looked up at Silk. "Are you coming?"
"I guess I should be grateful you arrived at all," Silk replied smoothly, dropping down. "I was beginning to think you guys had died."
Cyrano carefully drew his huge broadsword, black wolf ears twitching. "Lets go!" he said to Saify, and lept forward.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:05 pm

But Saify was already ahead of him. She had been amazed by the breathtaking display of nature that had unfolded around her, she didn't think anything so beautiful could exist in this horrible part of the game. It was so amazing here, and so gentle, that her anger and thirst for revenge had simply melted away.
However, they resurfaced the instant she saw the hacker sitting in the tree. She charged as soon as she saw him, paying no mind to the two armed men that appeared with them, she just threw her machete at one of them and kept running. She decided she was going to enjoy this, very very much.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:24 pm

OOC- oh great mods, Saify's got a rather vicious side to her! Poor Silk! Poor Pierce!!!!! :dizzy: :lol:

Cyrano shook his head, swinging at the two men while Saify ran for Silk. He soon had one disarmed, and kicked him back into the swamp, where he vanished. The other, he lopped his head off.

When Silk say Saify running toward him, at first he thought she was some wild animal. Then he got a better look at her.
"Great balls of fire!" he shouted, instantly leaping back into the tree and climbing as high as he could, real fear in his face. "Boss! Boss! Remember that girl you'd said was useless???"
Pierce, startled, answered, "Yes, what about Saify?"
"Well, guess who's after me now....WITH CYRANO AT HER BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!"
Pierce blinked, truly amazed. "Okay, so Cyrano I understand, but-"
"She looks like a freaking wild animal, boss! You should see the look in her eyes! I'd rather be facing a shade by myself right now! Gimme a hand here, please!!!"
Pierce was quiet, rubbing his forehead. Cyrano. In the swamp. With Saify. Who had apparently turned into a wild animal. This just got a little weirder. But he couldn't afford to lose Silk. Not yet. Sighing, he said, "I'm on my way" and proceeded to teleport.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:31 pm

OOC: I swear, I was cracking up through that whole post.

Saify was all but howling by the tie she reached the tree, about to set about climbing it in pursuit of the hacker, then she heard a sound behind her. A sound she recognized, having heard it once with Pierce. It was a teleport. And just who, she wondered, would teleport to this spot, way out in the marshes?
She turned slowly, taking in the figure before her with unexpected calm. "Pierce. Or do you prefer Python?" She said, her tone low, and not entirely lacking in fury.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:57 pm

OOC- lol, glad you liked it.

Pierce, or Python actually, smiled back at Saify. "So you know? And Cyrano, you're here too? What a pleasant surprise."
"Yes, the last one you'll ever have," he said quietly, standing beside Saify. "Still up to your old tricks."
"And still will continue. I suppose though, since you both know, I may as well drop Pierce. He was wearing thin anyway. Silk?"
There was a sudden shimmering in the air around Pierce, and when it was gone, an entirely new person stood there. Python smiled at them through half-lidded, blood red eyes. His bright red haired flowed down to mid-back. An equally bright red cape swirled around him, thrashing like a living creature. His tunic, pants and boots were pure black. He laughed.
"And Python is reborn! Stronger," he murmured, smiling at Cyrano. "Then he once was. But I truly am not ready to fight, just yet. I'll let my new pet take care of that." and he stepped aside.
Nancy stepped forward, phoenix bow in hand, gazing blankly at them. Python smiled. "Go ahead, Nancy. Finish them." and he vanished. Nancy gazed cooly at them and drew back the bow string, aiming straight at Saify.
"NO!" Cyrano shouted, as Nancy shot. The arrow shot straight and true, aiming for her heart. At the last second, Cyrano dove in front, taking the arrow in his side. His face paled as blood gushed from the wound, but he shoved Saify away. "Watch my back," he hissed. "And get Silk. I'll try to get Nancy." and he dove forward, blocking another arrow with his arm.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Saify watched with distaste as Pierce changed into Python right before her eyes, and she couldn't help but wonder what vampire-cosplay shop he'd raided to get the outfit.
She watched as Nancy loaded and fired the crossbow, the bolt coming straight for her, but she was unable to move until Cyrano shoved her out of the way, taking the hit instead. She nodded when he told her to get Silk, Cyrano was a big guy, and she was sure he had enough HP to handle a few crossbow bolts. She turned her gaze up toward Silk, moving her sword slightly so that the tip pointed at him, "I would offer you a chance at surrender," She said, "but I'm in a really bad mood right now, and let's be honest: you don't deserve it in the first place." With that, she charged at the tree, jumping onto it and scrambling up rapidly. Due to the ivy and strong moss covering the tree, it was actually surprisingly easy to climb, and she would be withing striking distance of Silk quite soon.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Silk, eyes wide in horror, drew back. "Uh, kid, please, can we talk a second? At least let me explain?" he asked frantically, drawing back and typing rapidly on his keyboard. A rather thin shield was around him then, which would at least deflect the sword, but he knew it wouldn't last long. Here came the avenging angel. "Please?!" he begged.

Cyrano grimaced as another shot caught him in the shoulder. By now, however, he was within distance, and tackled here, knocking the bow away. He began wrestling with Nancy, who snarled and fought like a wildcat, clawing at him while she desparately tried to squirm out from under. Python, unnoticed by Cyrano, calmly walked toward the bow, his eyes on the struggling pair.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Saify continued her ascent, teeth bared, a growl was starting to sound deep in her throat. Substitute 'livid' for 'wildly and apocalypticly wrathful'. When she got close enough, she began wildly swinging her sword at Silk, who seemed to have no doubt that the illusion could, in fact, mangle him. "Of course we can." She said between strikes, "It's just, I hardly see how you really need, say, both arms or legs to explain anything. I think I may take one or two of your shady little eyes, too."

OOC: Whoa, Saify's starting to scare me.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:33 pm

OOC- HOLY CARP! this girl's got vampire qualities! Someone put a restraining order on that thing!

Silk cringed. "Look, please...Just let me talk!" he managed to amass enough energy to knock Saify back onto the next branch. He began talking really fast. "No need for arms and legs eh? You try living crippled! Yes, I've already lost the use of my legs, and my arms are possibly on their way too! My legs were aputated, to stop an illness from spreading. I can't walk, I'm in constant pain, so I came here to hide. When Python came to me, he offered me a chance to never have to go back to that horrid body, a chance to keep this new, pure one. Now do you understand?!?!"

Python grabbed the bow, and smoothly drew and arrow, pointing it at Cyrano. "Closer Nancy, closer," he mentally sent her. "And I'll get him through his heart."
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:41 pm

OOC: Holy carp? Sounds delicious! But, look at her, does she really look like she'll care about a piece of paper telling her to keep away?

Saify stopped her wild swinging when she was knocked down, but kept ascending once she had caught herself. "And what did he mean, 'never go back'?" She asked, drawing once again dangerously close to silk, but not attacking just yet.

OOC: Short!
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:47 pm

OOC- no, not really, but he's certainly hoping.

Wincing at her close proximity, he continued, "He said that he had discovered, through various means of hacking, here and in the real world, of a way to stop our real bodies, sort of freeze them over and put them to sleep. You know we could last thousands and thousands of years that way, never dying. Meanwhile, our minds, logged into the consoles, would be here, living this life. He said he'd perform this operation on me, if I helped him. Considering all I had was that pathetic lump of flesh for my soul to call home, I felt his idea would be worth any possible risk!" After a moment, he quietly said, "By the way, if you don't do something know, he's going to kill Cyrano."

Python drew the string back, focusing. "Almost...."
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:01 pm

OOC: I think she would just eat the paper...

Saify listened quietly, watching closely to make sure Silk didn't try to run, as he explained his motivation for helping Pierce. She was about to question him further, but his last sentence took her attention a little more urgently. She looked back and, sure enough, there was Python with the crossbow, preparing to shoot Cyrano. You have got to be kidding me. She thought, then looked back to Silk. "I am already in a bad enough mood, trust me, you do not want to annoy me further by running." She said, then hopped down from the tree branch. Her fall was broken by the thick marsh-goo, and she started running at Python, sword poised and ready to strike.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:51 pm

OOC- Wow...finally, I reached a plausible explanation for how the hackers would do what they wanted to do. YES!!!

Cyrano struggled with Nancy, finally managing to pin her. The slave crown glinted as the florescent light reflected off it.
"Aha!" He instantly grabbed it, snatched it from her head, and smashed it.
Nancy screamed, a terrible, soul-wrenching cry, and she began sobbing. Cyrano was about to go to her, when he saw Python and froze.
"Sweet dreams," Python said, releasing the shaft. Cyrano, who was too weak to dodge, watched helplessly as the arrow sped toward him. Suddenly, it was destroyed by an explosion of light. nancy stood, pure hatred burning in her clear eyes.
"Now you've really made me mad," she hissed dangerously.
Python snarled but, sensing the odds were against him, teleported away. Cyrano shook his head. "Always slippery as an eel, that one. Now we'll have to hunt him down again."
"That actually shouldn't be too hard," Silk said, dropping from the tree. "Yes, I'm formally surrendering. I'd still prefer this as my real body, but I'd rather scary-girl not be anywhere near me, so I'll behave myself. As for Python, he's gone to get Reysa, the rest of the renegade mods, and round up the slavers' guild. Where he'll resurface after that...probably Fafnir's Ridge, to summon the dragon through the hack."
"Well, that'll be just dandy," Nancy sighed. Then she saw Saify, and her face lit up. "Saify!!!" she ran to her and flung her arms around her, hugging her.

Python's teleport brought him to the furthest reaches of Infinite, the wild country where only the bravest ventured...or the stupidest. Grimacing with distaste, he sidestepped a creeper plant, its vines reaching almost hungrily toward him. His lips curled back in disgust.
"What sick-minded devil made this small stretch of Hades?" he muttered.
"Apparently someone with a sense of poor humor."
He sidestepped another vine and faced Reysa. "You seem to enjoy it."
Reysa smiled thinly; he recognized the veiled insult. "Have you finished your part, hacker?"
Python smirked back. "Yes, moderator, I have. Now whether you can do yours before Cyrano tears us all apart is the question. They've caught Silk."
Reysa shook his head. "Clumsy of you. Ah, well, I suppose I'll have to fix what you bungled."
Python clenched his teeth inwardly and continued to smirk outwardly. If he didn't need this piece of trash for his plans..."Have fun then."
Reysa smiled oddly. "Yes, I shall...after I solve this problem first."
From the ground burst hundreds of vine-like tendrils, and Python grimly realized what Reysa had meant. He knew this would have happened eventually, but he had expected it to come a little later. The vines all came down at once, in a net nothing could hope to escape.
Cursing Reysa in as many ways as he could, Python swung the chain, desperately trying to make a hole in the net. He managed to make a large enough hole in the top, and he lept through it. He escaped the net, but many of the thorns scratched or lodged into his skin. Very much knowning the possibly dangerous effects, he tried to perform a cleansing cure. Nothing happened.
He turned slowly to stare at Reysa, who smiled knowingly. Python knew now- Reysa had put a block on his magic. All he had left was what little remained in the chain. But already the poison from the thorns was moving through his veins. Ordinarily, the process of paralyzation was slow, but he;d received a rather large amount, thus quickening the end. He collapsed heavily, grimacing from the feeling of fire from the poison. "Reysa, you-"
"I'd finish you myself, but I think it would be funner, and more appropriate, to let the elements finish you." He smiled cruelly. "And the creatures found here are particularly nasty." He bent down, sifting through Python's pockets, and removed the chain and the teleportal device. "I'm sure you won't mind," he said. "You won't need them anyway. Farewell, Python." and he vanished.
Python began forcing his arms to move, what little they could still do, choking on the pain this caused. He pulled a smooth, irredescent red scale from his pocket and stared at it. "A hack is easier," he murmured. "When you have a piece to work with."
He focused all his will on this scale, the containor of his last hope. He did not intend to let REysa win, even if it meant he lost everything. Anger, hatred, hope, all he focused onto the scale...the scale of a dragon. "Fafnir, your master calls! Come to me!"
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 am

OOC: Wait, are you just making this up as you go? Who do you think you are, me?

Saify drove her sword, point-first into the ground, letting out a frustrated growl. "He's really starting to annoy me, with all his tele-" Was all she managed to get out, before getting glomped by Nancy. Whoa, whoa, whoa!! She thought as she was thrown off balance, and the two girls were dangerously close to falling into the swamp, which would have really put a damper on the evening.
Fortunately, after a bit of flailing her arms around, Saify managed to correct herself, and then returned Nancy's hug. "Hey there." Was all she said as she embraced her friend. It was funny, she thought, the last time Saify, Nancy and Pierce had been together in this marsh, the latter two had almost killed each other while Saify had to choose a side. Now, she and Nancy, whom she had sided against, were just standing there and hugging. MMO's really are great. She thought.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:50 pm

OOC- I'm embarrassed to say, yes. I started this thing with something totally bizzarre in mind, and when that fell flat due to...me, I was left fumbling through this thing like a bird with a magnet on its head. So...yeah....here we are.

Nancy smiled back at her. "I'm glad you're okay," she said. "I...I could see you, back in Pie-Python's lab, but...I couldn't do anything. It was like I was looking through a window, but couldn't break it. I was so worried, you looked so hurt." She smiled grimly. "Don't worry, we'll make him pay together, okay?"
"Um, girls?" Cyrano was looking back, a disturbed expression on his face. "Oracle just sent me a message via the mental chat. It sounds like they're in trouble."

Romulus lay back, staring at the stars, picking out the Infinite constalations. Oracle, focused on following the mental chat, shook her head. "No...almost had something, but it faded."
Romulus groaned and sat up. "This is the fifth time! There's nothing to be found here. And where are Cyrano and Saify?"
"Maybe they found the hacker," Oracle suggested. She started suddenly, saying, "Look! Someone's coming!"
Romulus looked to where she was pointing, then grimaced. "I don't believe those are friends of ours."
Several horsemen were galloping hard toward them, pushing their horses hard, judging by all the dirt and dust being upturned. Romulus pulled his spyglass from his kit and put it to his eye. On the horses' saddles was an emblem with a terrifying meaning.
"Slavers!" Romulus gasped.
Oracle did the one thing she felt she could do: send a telepic message, "Help, we have slavers bearing down on us" to Cyrano and Saify. Romulus grabbed her and quickly began to run, dragging her after him.

OOC- come to think of it, I need to figure out how to bring Remus and Rinya back into the mess. Hmm...
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:13 pm

OOC: Ah, you had a plan, but it fell apart on you. That, I think, is always a lot of fun for everyone, it eliminates any chance of a railroading GM, and gives the players a chance to influence things. Lots of chaos, lots of fun.

"I'm all right now, don't worry." Saify said, then grinned at what Saify said last. She had excitement and a bi bit bloodlust glinting in her eyes, "Yeah, I think that'll be fun." She said.
When she heard Oracle's voice inside her mind, she was surprised, to say the least, and even more so by the contents of the message. Remembering the time Pierce had spoken to her with this, she thought her reply. "Well, can't you teleport out or something?"
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:34 pm

OOC_ Yes, chaos is fun, but I'm just happy I've found a way to actually pull it off. :sweat:

After stumbling along for heaven-knew how long, Remus and Rinya were overjoyed to see what looked like light ahead. Overjoyed, that is, until they realized it was the trapdoor. Feeling dejected, but with no clearer path, they climbed out. Much to their surprise, they came out not in the ruins of Central, but out in an open field in the middle of nowhere.
"Well, this sucks," Remus declared to the black skies. "Now what do we do?"
"Look!" Rinya shouted, pointing to the sky. Barely visible overhead was the vast shadow of a dragon. Headed northward, it sped along without a care for anything below. Remus stared at it a while, then suggested, "Follow? We've nowhere better to go."
Rinya nodded her agreement. Quickly, they proceeded to chase the flying figure, hoping somwhow it would lead them somewhere where they could get their bearings.

Python lay stretched stiffly out on Fafnir's back, his entire body dead to him. His destination was the spring of healing, where he could remove the paralyzation and the block. From there...he would find Reysa, and kill him.
"Boss? Can you hear me?"
His eyes widened in disbelief. "Silk?!"
"Oh thank the blessed stars, I've been trying to reach you for a while now."
"I've been busy. Where are you?"
"Still in the marshes, still surrounded by crazy people. At least "Useless" is after my throat anymore...yet."
"Okay, maybe I did make a mistaken judgement there. I'm sorry."
"That's alright. I've hopefully thrown them off by offering them my serivces, so they haven't killed me yet...what happened boss? Something obviously wrong."
"Reysa and I had...a falling out,
" he replied through clenched teeth. "And I came out second best. I'm headed for the one place I can recover, then I'm going to kill Reysa."
"You realize that may kill our last chance of winning."
"Sooner that then let Reysa win. I can always try again."

He heard something then, a static-y break in the contact, and something else. All of a sudden, a grim suspicion entered his mind. "Silk?"
His voice came back, somewhat quieter. "Yeah boss?"
"Are you backstabbing me, Silk?"
Absolute silence. He found himself laughing hard, bitterly.
"Boss...Python, I..."
"Don't bother, Silk, you're a terrible liar anyway, and an apology would sound wrong. Urh, is everybody turning against me now?
"
"Python-"
"Just tell them...to let me have Reysa, okay? Then we'll end this."
"...I'll see what they say. Python, I truly do not wish to do this."
"But you want to save your own skin. I understand, that's what's important."
"Boss-"
"Just go, Silk. Go help save the world. Leave me."
"Python-"
"LEAVE ME!!!
"
He and Sillk had been together in this since the beginning. As friends, they'd planned this together, and together they had brought it thus far, to where they'd finally almost won. And now...Silk was betraying him, to save his own skin no less. It was not in Python's nature to cry, so instead he laughed. His body was dead, his plans falling apart, and his best friend betrayed him, all...all because of...
he would have said Cyrano, but he had only just entered the brawl. No, the one who had somehow truly succeeded in createing this mess...falling into his base, becoming involved between him and Nanct, hiding that surprisingly vicious, strong nature behind a shy mask, tearing his plans apart, and comprimising his only friend, the real cause of his pain came from a demon in the shape of a human girl.
"Saify," he hissed. Yes, Reysa would be first. But before he challenged Cyrano for the last time, he was going to take all his pain out on her; For all she had done, she was going to pay in flesh and blood.

"I can't!" Oracle replied. "There's a block up- AIE!!!"
The ground around them exploded. Somehow unharmed by the blast, they found themselves falling toward the bowels of the earth.
Romulus looked at Oracle, who stared glumly back. "Any ideas?" he asked.
"Our only hope is that we'll go through the edge of the block before we reach the magma level," Oracle replied. They grabbed each other by the shoulders, hanging grimly together as they plunged downward.
Reysa, surveying his work, smiled and moved on. If that didn't kill them, he didn't know what would.

Silk, his coversation with Python finished, turned to Cyrano, who had been listening in. "Well?" he asked sadly.
"He can have Reysa, and welcome," Cyrano replied. "I am sorry, Silk."
Silk shrugged. "Don't mention it."
Cyrano, now hearing Oracle's reply and shriek, was worried. "The contact lost," he said. "We'd better get going. Silk, I want you to stay with me."
"Alright by me, I guess."
"Saify and Nancy, I want the two of you to stick together. This way, everyone has a partner, in case something happens. Now follow me!" and he led them into the swamp. Nancy looked at Saify, smiled warmly, and followed him.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Saify looked at Silk, seeing how saddened he looked from his encounter with Python, and for a second, she almost felt sorry for him. Then she remembered this whole thing was partially his stupid fault, and the moment passed.
She was also worried by suddenly being cut off from Oracle, but she shrugged, figuring there was nothing she could do to help them. She returned Nancy's smile as they set off, and she thought to herself, Soon, soon I'll get another chance at Python.

OOC: Shortacus!
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:17 pm

OOC- hmm...now where do I go?

Cyrano slowly moved forward, treading softly. Something was nearby, that much he could tell. Something...dangerous. They were almost back to where they had left Oracle and Romulus. He was afraid of what he might find there.
There-the edge of the swamp. He carefully pushed aside some overhanging moss. Quiet. Everything was quiet. And still, strangely so. A night for horror, the last night...this was....
A trap.
He grabbed Silk by the collar and lept foward, just dodging the lightning bolt that struck where he'd been standing a moment ago. Shouting at Saify to find cover, he dragged Silk along behind him as he bolted in a zig-zag pattern across the field. The lightning struck with deadly accuracy, but he managed to remain one step ahead of it. As he dodged, he looked around, trying to spot the maker of this attack. Then he saw him, standing on the small rise just ahead.
"Reysa!" he roared. He shoved Silk away. "Go join the girls," he ordered. "And I promise, if you don't, you'll wish Saify'd found you first."
Nodding, Silk ran for the swamp again. Cyrano drew his broadsword, dodging another bolt. "You wanna play tag, Reysa?" he shouted at the hill, grinning. "Well, I'm it!" and he ran forward.

OOC- hope that didnt' sound too lame...
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Saify stopped cold, her heart skipping a beat, as a lightning bolt struck the ground right in front of her, right where Cyrano had been just a second ago. Talk about a bolt from the blue, that came entirely without warning.
She was jolted back as Cyrano shouted to get to cover, and Saify, with little hesitation, dove to the side, getting herself behind a half-rotten swamp tree, grabbing Nancy's hand and pulling her as well. She stayed there, sitting against the tree, trying to listen to what was happening on the other side, unsure what else to do.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Silk spotted Saify and Nancy and squatted beside them, his eyes wide and fearful. "He's gone to face Reysa alone," he said. "What can we do?"

Python drank once more, then shook his head. He was fully revived now, in every sense. Standing tall and strong, he felt powerful again. His hands fingered the small gemstone he held, another secret Reysa had no clue about. This was his key to killing the rogue-monderator.
Quickly, he mounted Fafnir again and took off. It was time to finish this.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Saify looked at Silk, who appeared, to say the least, quite unnerved by this new arrival. "Who exactly is this Reysa guy?" She asked. He seemed to be plenty powerful, but why was he trying to stop them? Come to think, how did he even know they were here? Maybe he was also a hacker working with Python. I really wish people would fill me in a bit quicker. She thought.
Last edited by Oddood198 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:44 pm

"He's the moderator who's been supporting Python since the beginning. However, they've never liked each other...and when I communicated with Python earlier, he said they'd finally had their falling out. I'm not looking forward to this."
Nancy glanced around the tree, then said, "The lightning's still falling, but I don't see Cyrano or this Reysa."
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:53 pm

OOC: Whoops, fixed the typos in my last post.

Saify poked her head out from behind the tree, quickly looking around but not seeing anything. She looked back to Silk, she didn't trust him, and hated having to rely on information from him, but there didn't seem to be a better option. "How strong is he? Will Cyrano be all right against him?" She asked.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:11 pm

Silk seemed uneasy. "I'm...not sure. Being a mod, he's got a wider variety of stuff and abilities to choose from. In his public files, though, he's something akin to a monster, a demonic wolf, you might say. Once he's transformed, he becomes extremely deadly. I don't know how Cyrano would fare-"
There was a sudden crunch. Cyrano was bent over backwards on a branch overhead. His expression was pained as he carefully extracted himself.
"That was...unexpected," he said. "Silk, he's got Python's chain-thing. Is there anyway you can turn that off?"
"No, its been taken off the system. Reysa probably did that when he stole it."
Cyrano glanced back, as a loud screeching rent the air. "He's looking for us," he whispered. "Silk, is Python coming?"
"He might be. I don't know..."
The tree they were leaning against was suddenly uprooted and cast away. Reysa smiled as they whirled around. "So this is the lot of you," he said. "I'm surprised Python was having so much trouble against a bunch of...kids."
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Saify looked at Reysa warily as she raised her sword to a fighting position, waiting for him to make the first move. Evidently, Cyrano would not bee all right against him. And that probably meant none of them would.
She wasn't sure what the best thing to do in this situation was, she knew she would probably get fried if she tried to attack, and wasn't sure if she could withstand one of Reysa's blows, so she waited quietly, watching, preparing.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:43 pm

"REYSA!!!"
They all looked up. Overhead flew the great dragon, Fafnir, who roared a challenge loud enough to shake the earth. Python stood where the neck met the body, his head and shoulders thrown back in a proud stance. He held something, but nothing they could see.
"So you survived," Reysa shouted over the noise of the dragon.
"Did you really think you could kill me so easily?" he snorted. "Come and fight, Reysa, a real fight, or are you a coward?"
Reysa smiled thinly. "Come off it, boy, you've not the strength to follow up."
"Try me." his eyes glittered darkly.
Reysa smiled, then lept up, soaring through the air to meet him.
Cyrano stood and said, "lets go, while they're keeping each other busy. We'll take out the winner, after. That's our best chance."
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Saify glared up at Python riding atop Fafnir, looking so proud and self-important, and now Saify was angry again. Before, when she had gone after Silk, Saify resembled a wild animal. Now, she resembled a wild animal with a bad case of rabies. Her eyes were narrowed, teeth bared, and a snarl was clearly audible coming from her throat. "I'm gonna kill him." She said, starting to look around for some way to elevate herself to the level of a flying dragon. She would have none of this 'take out the winner' nonsense.
Oddood198

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying