Voyage of Vengeance

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Voyage of Vengeance

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:40 pm

"Relax, you just got hit on the head and were having a bad dream." Erin said calmly to the now awake Lorelei. "Actually, I think we all got hit on the head..." That seemed to be a thing that was going around. Of course, it was the best way to capture them, but it was still pretty painful.

OOC: Night, Ally-Ann.
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:47 pm

"You just passed out. Next time tell someone when your head hurts, okay?" Brett checked his bandage job, "And keep this on."

Renaiah looked through the village. So much was destroyed, so many lost. Seeing Mara up and about she caught up with her, "You should be resting. Where are you headed?"
AdriTan

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:54 pm

"Alright, well.. Um," She nods her head at the rope that held her hands. "Can someone untie me?" She gave a small grin. "Okay."
"Thank you guys, I hope I wasn't too much trouble."

Mara gasped, and turned around quick, Renaiah had startled her. Not wanting anyone to see her tears. She rubbed her maroon eyes. "I'm searching for my grandma. Did you see her?" She perked up.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby AdriTan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:26 pm

Renaiah shook her head, "I don't think so. I'll come with, I want to be able to help around. I can't just sit." She looked closely at her face. It was easy to tell she had been crying which was part of the reason she wanted to go with her.

Brett shook his head, "Not at all. But you did worry us. We don't want anyone to be unhealthy on this ship if we can help it."
AdriTan

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 pm

"Oh.." Her heart sunk, it was likely her grandmother was dead, that's way she thought of things, always expecting the worst except occasionally moments.
" Alright then." She took a deep breath "Lets go." she said treading off with Renaiah to look around

Lorelei eyed her bonds on her hands, and tried carefully to loosen her rope, only to accidently make it tighter, she made a face.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby AdriTan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:44 pm

Renaiah tried to make conversation, "So, where does your grandmother love again?"

Brett smacked his forehead, "Sorry I forgot about your bonds." He bent down and untied her, "There, does that feel better?"

OCC my turn for goodnight :3
AdriTan

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:56 pm

Mara smiled, a real, sweet, sincere smile. Mara loved her grandma more then anything. "Down by that little stream near the village, she likes it because it's so quiet and serene..".

Lorelei smiled at Brett "Thanks! So anyone have a plan?" She thought a while "Erin and Brett, how about you think about plan strategies and details of our escape plan while me and Ambrosia scour the rest of the chamber to look for any secret ways out or something?" She hugged Brett and Erin, then her and Ambrosia go off into corners, and inspect the ceiling, etc.

OOC: Okay! Goodnight~ :3

Koneko-chan

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:57 am

"Sounds like a plan to me," Ambrosia replied. As she began to feel along the boards of the ship once more with her fingers, she glanced at Lorelei. "There's probably only one way out of here," she started simply. "And that's through the entrance to the deck above us. There's probably a ceiling door, a hatch of some sort." Ambrosia halted her feeling across the supporting, and instead looked upwards, towards the ceiling of the chamber, searching for a handle; it would be a tell-tale sign that there was a door there, and if there was a door on a ceiling-- of all places-- then that meant they could get to the next level above them.

OOC: We... We've left our gm in the dust. XD;
Ally-Ann

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Lorelei nods and starts touching the ceiling carefully, to see if anything was of out of ordinary. Her delicate fingers felt along, looking a way out of this ghastly chamber. "Nothing yet." She's sighs in exasperation, looks over to Brett and Erin "Anything yet guys?" she turns back to Ambrosia. "Did you find anything, Ambrosia?".

OOC: I know, I feel so bad lol..DX

Koneko-chan

Postby AdriTan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Brett was surprised. Him? Strategize? He had never been asked to do so before. "Um... Give me a minute. Or a few...."

Renaiah nodded, "Oh yeah, that's right. It's so out o the way. Maybe she's okay." She smiled hopefully.

OCC: GM!! Where be you?
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Erin was equally surprised. He wasn't a strategizer, he was...well, whatever on earth he was, it was not a strategizer. He looked to Brett, who was supposedly his fellow thinker here. "What are we supposed to do?" He asked, strategy meetings were entirely foreign to him and he had no idea what to do in them.

OOC: Wolfsong isn't always on every day, just give her some time, she'll come around.
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:34 pm

"Well, there is always something to distractions.... And I can turn invisible.. We might use that to our advantage... You have any ideas?" Brett could tell neither if them were used to this. "Anybody else want to pitch in with some ideas?"

OCC yeah true :3 she always does ^.^
AdriTan

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Ambrosia looked back to Brett and Erin. "I could try to use the waves to toss the ship around," she started, a sly smile beginning to creep onto her face. "Just enough to throw some maggots overboard." Oh, the thought of getting sweet revenge on the pirates without them knowing! What a wonderful thought.
Ally-Ann

Postby AdriTan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:04 pm

Brett smirked, "That would be one heck of a distraction for sure. I think it could work except for one tiny detail... If Lorelei got sick or bumped her head again that could be a problem."
AdriTan

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Lorelei eyes widened like a deer in the headlights; face flushed, glanced away "..Sorry bout' that." She squeaked.

Mara nodded slowly "Maybe."

Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Erin had the thought hat this was more of a plan of attack than a diversion, but the woman, who's name he really had to learn, scared him a little, so he decided to keep that notion to himself. "That still leaves the question of how we're actually going to get out. Even once we find the door, it's probably going to be locked tight. The pirates must have been counting on us trying to escape so they'll have some strong precautions in place." He said, as usual, just loud enough to be heard.
Oddood198

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:32 pm

Lorelei sits down, trying to clear her thoughts 'Think Lorelei!'
She sighed once again " I was never one for battle and escape strategies.. But here's a first thought; If we don't think of something, what's the captain going to do with us?" Her face turned grim, as she thought of the stomach turning things, the captain would do.

Koneko-chan

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:45 pm

Ambrosia sat cross-legged on the floor of the chamber. "Well, if we weren't important, they wouldn't have bothered with taking us captive," she started, continuing to glance upwards at the celing for a hatch. "If we were worthless, they would've killed us like they did with everyone else..."

Suddenly, she remembered watching her parents being cut down, said memory hitting her like a ton of bricks. Her face clouded and she lowered her head slightly, averting her gaze from everyone else. Mom and dad... I was never really close to them. They always tried to shelter me... Ambrosia thought, though she knew that she really had been close to them in her own way. A dreaded wetness filled her eyes for a few seconds as a sorrow-induced lump formed in her throat, but she pushed it all away quickly; mourning would have to wait.
Ally-Ann

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Lorelei sensed the despair. She scooted closer to Ambrosia, she wasn't really okay at comforting; she puts a hand on her shoulder
"Hey.. it's okay, we'll get those nasty pirates back, for hurting our people. And loved ones.."

Koneko-chan

Postby AdriTan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 pm

"We'll get back. Renaiah will kill me if we don't....." Brett made a face.
AdriTan

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Lorelei chuckled "Probably." she shifted around, so she could get up; she paced around slowly. "Ambrosia is right.. We wouldn't be here if we weren't important."

Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:41 pm

OOC- Everyone pause please! I'm still trying to catch up! Please pause until I can make my next post.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:05 pm

OOC: Sorry, will do. *Glomp* ^^'

Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Ally-Ann wrote:We... We've left our gm in the dust. XD;

Oddood198 wrote:OOC: Wolfsong isn't always on every day, just give her some time, she'll come around.

AdriTan wrote:OCC yeah true :3 she always does ^.^
[/quote][/quote]

LOL guys, thanks for your faith in me. Yeah, I'm sorry it took me so darn long to get back. Everything just went to heck this week, and then I had maybe a minute to check up on everyone. Imagine my shock to discover we're up to 3 PAGES ALREADY!!! Lol, but that means everyone likes this rpg, so I'm good with that. I think I'm caught up now, so I'll try to get back in. If I make any mistakes, please let me know.

Also, since I'm here anyway, I'll tell you all something. There's only a limited amount of people left on the island, and the ships. There are ten people on two of the ships, and then five on the third. Which makes 25, and then there are 35 left on the island. If you want to make someone (I'll call them NPCs for convenience) then please make it clear who they are, and what they do. I've already found someone called Roberto, and then possibly a grandmother made. While I doubt we'll actually use everyone, I would like to make sure this decimated island doesn't suddenly have millions of people on it, lol okay? Just making sure. I'll make my post now.

Edit: Also, everyone currently on the ship is on the same ship, alright? So, Loreli, Barret, Erin, etc are all together, ookay?
Last edited by Wolfsong on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:06 pm

-Barret Soback and Aldis Heiss-
A raging fire was suddenly around him. He cried out as sparks fell on his unprotected face. He burst out of the house, entering the hot streets.
Everything was ablaze.
Everywhere he turned, something was burning. Dark shadows filled the streets. People were screaming and crying. He could see men chasing his people about, some being struck down brutally, while others were hit hard enough to knock out, and then were dragged away. But somehow, he couldn't move, he was paralyzed.
"Barret!" he heard a voice cry. He looked down the street and saw a woman carrying her newborn infant and rushing toward him, away from a man brandishing a torch and sword.
"Mother!" he screamed in rage and fury. He rushed toward her, though he knew it would be too late, for the man had raised his sword.
His vision turned red. With a roar that shook the island, he cast himself at the man, his hands becoming claws, his teeth like ravaging blades, tearing into the man. He could hear the man's screams, and they filled him.
Pain suddenly erupted on the back of his head. He screamed again, and was struck again. He felt something against his face, something cold and rocky. His vision cleared, and he was staring into the lifeless eyes of his mother.
"M-mom," he whispered. Everything faded, but the look of terrible fear in her eyes.

He screamed and sat bolt upright. But he was still firmly tied, around arms and legs, and so instead threw himself face-first against the wooden floors. He groaned and began working himself to a kneeling position.
"Sheesh Barret, you trying to alert everyone within a hundred miles we're here?"
He glared at Aldis. "Shut up!" With a bit of work, he succeeded in wriggling out of the ropes around his arms. He quickly untied his legs, then turned to Aldis. "Sorry, I...was remembering."
Aldis nodded. "I understand. But please, I'd rather the pirates think we were still asleep. Now could you untie me?"
Barret nodded, then noticed a couple other people on the other side of the room, watching him. Probably startled by his...scream. "I'm sorry," he apologized. "Just...you know." He glanced at Aldis. "You know, with your gift, you could actually get us free sooner. How's about using your mind control ability to take over the crew, turn us around, and take us home? As they'd never know it happened, they'd never realize they did it. So we'd be in the clear, and they'd never think twice about it."
"Surprising to hear you actually think something through. I had already considered that. So I tried."
Barret's eyes widened slightly. "You did?"
"It didn't work."
Barret looked at him oddly. "Are you...no way. Its just a glitch or something."
"Barret, I tried. I tried again and again. It doesn't work."
Barret blinked several times, before finally saying, "Its just you. It has to be."
Aldis shrugged. "Those ordinary folk managed to contain us before, in some way or another. That these folks realize we're them though really makes for interesting possibilities. Try half-transforming or something. Maybe it is just me, maybe it isn't."
Barret looked at his hands, then focused. He could feel the beast inside him, a being unlike any other. The mythical sea serpent, the greatest of all creatures that roamed the waters. He could feel it inside him, always. He focused on his hands, trying to accept the beast there, in his hands, to become claws.
Nothing happened.
He tried again and again, but nothing happened. He stared at his hands incredulously, then smashed his fist into the wall and started cursing at a great rate.
"I think I liked you better when you slept," Aldis muttered. He turned to the people in the back. "Are you guys able to do anything?"

OOC- Please play along people, I'll explain why we can't use our powers later.

-Aliera Fae-

She looked deep into the cave near the beach. She had once though this place would be the first one discovered by anyone seeking, but it had been ignored. She shouted, "Anyone in there? Its me, Aliera!"
"Aliera, child! Thank goodness, I was so afraid the pirates had killed everyone."
An old woman stood there inside, as well as a couple others. The two boys stood. "We took care of her," one said. "We weren't able to help anyone else though."
"Its great," Aliera said warmly. "Thank you."
"Have you seen Mara?" the old woman asked. "She's my granddaughter. I'm so worried that pirates got her!"
"I really don't know, ma'am," Aliera said saddly. Then she said to the boys, "Help her back to the hiding spot in the mountains, then one just behind the village, marked by the red flowers. Everyone's gathering there. We're going to take a census, and then figure out what to do from there." They nodded. She turned and ran off.
So few people...by her count, 19 so far. But then, these were the ones hardest to get to, so they would probably have the least. Everyone she met, she was sending to the mountain spot, since that one was able to house over a hundred.
"Aliera!"
She whirled around. Her eyes widened as she saw who it was. "Boatmaster Regal? You're alive!" she ran forward, flinging her arms around him. He hugged her back, saying, "I'm glad you made it, dear. I wasn't sure I would, for a while there. I prayed that I had at least saved you."
"father," she whispered. "The village, I..." she started crying. He gently rocked her, till her tears subsided. Then she said, "I've been looking for everyone, father. I've been sending all of them to the mountain cave, and I've found 19. I searched the outer and inner forest, and then the beaches."
"Then you have done all that I have not," he said. "Good work, Aliera. Come, let us head to the mountain ourselves."
"Father, how many are we?" she asked, as they turned to go.
"Adding those you found, to those to already in the mountain, to ourselves, that makes 35, child."
She sighed. "That hardly seems enough to rescue our friends from those pirates, father."
"Do not fear, dear child," he said. "It is enough. We will need a ship, however, so we must begin building at once."
She smiled. "And I suppse you've got some people already going?" At his nod, she said, "I hope, someday, I'll lead the village as well as you have."
"You're doing fine so far," he told her.

OOC- got that, everyone? Start for the cave. I know Benditto and Mara should already be there. Anyone else, please go right away. Also, Koneko, there's Mara's grandmother, so she can relax now. :)
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Lorelei was alerted, hearing Barret scream. "Are you alright, Barret?" She scampers over and kneels down to check his injuries; then Aldis.
When she heard that their powers didn't work. She panicked; barely containing her hysterics, she felt as if she was busting at the seams. She lowered her face into her hands, "Now what?" She stifled her sobs, trying to not freak anyone else out. ' I hope I'm not frightening anyone... I guess I'm just.. Really scared..' She thought.

Mara checked everywhere in her grandmother's little house. Normal! But not one sign of the elderly woman. She looked down in defeat, tears brimming at her eyes. "I knew it... She was probably killed or taken on one of her walks through the village..." She should've known. She stiffened, she knew she had to be strong. "We..We should go.. Back.." She started for the cave with Renaiah.

OOC: Alrighty~ Awesome, I didn't have the heart to make Mara's grandma die. ;v; Yay, and again sorry we went without you, the RP is really fun, I'm super happy you posted!

Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:56 pm

-Barret Soback-

"It'll be alright, Lorelei," Barret encouraged weakly, with confidence he himself didn't feel.

-Aliera Fae-

"Mara! Mara, I found your grandmother!" She shouted, when she saw the grim-faced Mara within the cave. "She shuld be on her way, if not here already. Isn't it wonderful?"
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Mara eyes widened, could it really be true? She grinned the widest anyone's ever seen her and hugged Aliera. "Thank you!" She gleefully responded.

Lorelei glanced at Barret "If you say so Barret."

Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Erin was alarmed at the news that their abilities wouldn't work. Without those, they stood little chance of escaping on their own. But maybe it was just Barret and Aldis, maybe it was only their abilities that didn't work. It wasn't likely, but not so unlikely as to be impossible. Right?
Erin took a deep breath, forcing don any panic that may have been rising in him, he couldn't start losing his control now, that would only make things worse. I need to see if my ability works. He thought, looking around the room they were in. Wood, wood, wood, everything was made of wood. There was so much wood it was almost as if the pirates were trying to make their ship float. He couldn't find a single metal thing anywhere in sight. He sighed, for the time being, he supposed it was best simply to expect his ability didn't work. On the bright side, he thought to himself, Maybe I'll be able to eat without the utensils sticking to my mouth.
Oddood198

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Lorelei stared at her hands for a while, then she shivers. All of us probably can't use our powers, even if she wanted to try, she wasn't gonna try it on her friends obviously. Lorelei took a breath, then looked at Erin, She looked hopeful "Erin.. Does yours work? I really don't wanna try my mine at this moment."
She guessed they would have to make the best out of their situation for now.

Koneko-chan

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying