Project Terra Beta

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Project Terra Beta

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:17 pm

OOC: Well, it's only been three months... I think this is technically a gravedig, but... Well, I don't mind it, and keeping this thread shouldn't be a problem. Onward, to RP!

Gonna start things off a little quick, here.

The trio and Violo walked in silence for a while after that. And dawn dragged into morning, and the suns continued their slow ascent through the sky. It was after another hour and a half of walking Yaru finally called them to stop.
"We need to take a short rest, here looks good." He said, as they walked by a large tree with thick roots, it also had a small puddle of water next to it. It wasn't much, but enough at least to give the three teens plus a cat a respite. Yaru carefully knelt down by the water puddle, dipping his hand and cautiously bringing it to his lips, after a moment, he said to the others, "It's clean. Drink as much as you need."
His chest pained him as he stood back up, the partially healed wound tugged against itself, threatening to reopen. Yaru gritted his teeth, walking slowly to the tree with his back turned to the others. He needed a minute to compose himself.

And he wasn't granted even that minute. Suddenly, out of nowhere, he was hit in the back and knocked to the ground. He cried in pain as his wound was stretched, and he felt something warm and wet spreading across his chest. He glared up, looking to his attacker, and saw one of the soldiers from the village, wearing the overlarge dark grey suit and the one-eyed helmet, with a rifle slung across their back, and in their hand- "That's my sword!" Yaru growled, seeing the blade held in the soldier's hand. He pushed himself up from the ground and charged in low at his attacker.
The enemy seemed taken aback by Yaru's ferocity, as they hesitated before swinging the sword at him. Yaru ducked under it, the edge whistling over his head, and he swung a fist up, hitting the soldier in the stomach.
The soldier staggered backward, and Yaru darted a hand out, grabbing their wrist and twisting it, forcing his sword free. Yaru faced the soldier, sword now in hand, and waited for his enemy to make a move. The soldier drew a knife from their belt, holding it in an odd stance Yaru could only say looked goofy and deadly at the same time, with both hands on the hilt, and the blade angled downward. Yaru flicked the button on his sword, and the blue energy coating activated. He rushed forward, swinging his sword in a quick, close flurry of blows, with his energized sword, but they were all blocked nearly effortlessly by the whirlwind of metal that the soldier's dagger had become.
It was clear that the soldier had much more training and skill than Yaru did, but there was one possible weakness. Aiming to take advantage of it, Yaru forced his legs to move forward, taking one step after another. The wound on his chest was screaming in protest and he was getting dizzy from the blood loss he knew he was taking, but he forced himself to endure it and kept his body moving.
When Yaru gauged he was close to simply dropping to the ground from his body's stress and fatigue, his strategy finally came into play. While backing away from his fierce attacking, the soldier's foot reached one of the large roots from the tree. Being the trained soldier they were, the soldier stepped carefully over it, but when only one foot was crossed, Yaru kicked out and put his foot through the strap of the dangling rifle across the soldier's back. He stomped his foot down and the soldier lost balance, falling on their back, stunned. Yaru wasted no time, rushing forward, he swung his sword and his his opponent's arm, causing no lasting damage but a shallow cut and a burn. He kicked the knife away from the soldier, then put a knee on the defeated attacker's chest, pinning them to the ground with Yaru's blade at their throat.
By the end of it, Yaru was panting, sweating heavily, and bleeding, but victorious. He glanced back to see how Miakoda and Sorana were doing, only to find they weren't being attacked at all; this soldier he had defeated was the only one.
Taking in ragged breaths, he managed to get a few words out, "Koda... Come, help me..." His vision was beginning to tunnel, and he really didn't want to just pass out right now.
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Koda rushed over and took the weapon in her hand. "What do we do now?," Koda saw that Yaru wasn't doing so well. "Sorana, look after Yaru. I've got this jerk."
AdriTan

Postby Koneko-chan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:14 pm

Sorana nodded, striding towards Yaru. "Oh no.. Your wound opened up again.." She mumbled staring at him in concern. "Maybe you should sit down, Yaru." Sorana frowned slightly as she said this.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:23 pm

OOC: And Koneko's still with us! Yay!

Well of course I should sit down, I'm about to completely bleed out! Was what Yaru wanted to say, but he bit back the remark and kept his mouth closed instead. Once Miakoda had the soldier taken care of, he backed away and sat down against the tree, taking deep breaths. He turned off the energy part of his sword and set it on the ground beside him, then tore off a chunk of his right sleeve and pressed it to the wound on his chest to try and stop the bleeding.
He decided, mostly because of the world spinning and his vision fading away, that he would have to leave the girls in charge for a while, and keep watch over his body and their new captured enemy. And if that cat tries anything while I'm out... Was all he managed to think before falling into the stream of unconsciousness.

The soldier on the ground stayed perfectly still, watching the youths gathered around. It seemed there was little to do but wait for them to make a move, and then perhaps an opportunity to turn the tables, or escape at least, would arise.
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:10 pm

OCC: woo!! Sorry it's been a couple of days. had some allergy problems arise.

"Crud. Yaru, not again!" Miakoda had to figure out what to do next. "Sorana, do you have an extra clothing on that could be used to stop his blood? Do you have layers on? Oh and press that sleeve of his against the wound. You will have to use pressure." Koda stared at the soldier. Why the heck was he so adamant on catching up with them?
AdriTan

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:10 pm

Sorana looked up "Uhm, oh! Yeah." She digs in her bag, snatching an extra shirt from it. Sorana ripped it, making strips, nimble fingers tying it around Yaru's wound. Then she gently grabbed his arm; and pressed the sleeve against it, she bit her lip anxiously.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:12 am

OOC: A couple of- it's been a week and a half! We were about to send out a search party!

Well anyway, my characters are kind of stuck, so it'll probably be between mostly you guys 'till Yaru wakes up or you start talking to the soldier or whatever you have cooking in those heads of yours.

Yaru's wound hadn't opened too much, so once Sorana pressed the makeshift bandages against it the bleeding stopped quickly. The sleeve Yaru tore off also began to grow back after a few seconds, due to the nano-fiber cloth it was made of.

The soldier remained still and quiet lying on the ground, watching the children hurry about trying to save their friend. Not yet, but soon, they would provide a window to act in, the soldier only had to be patient.
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:40 pm

Koda didn't like the thinking look on the soldier's face. "Look. You have no reason to chase after us. We don't care about your stupid village. Okay? We are just a few kids. You have no honor."

OCC sorry gah so short I just can't think of anything else. Writers block
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:31 am

The soldier turned to look at Koda, the single eyepiece twisting slightly as it focused on her. "Wrong. There is reason for me to hunt you." The soldier said, and the voice was female and smooth. "You three now know where our village is located, and if you were to return to your colony, you would report it to your leaders, and they would have us wiped out. Hence, I will kill or capture you to keep you silent."
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:14 pm

"You are CRAZY. We don't want to have anybody wiped out. We are just kids. HELLOOOOO look at us. We aren't even old enough to be allowed out of the walls. We are technically not even allowed to be here. If we told people we were here, we'd get in HUGE trouble. And besides that, the colony would't wipe you out. They are afraid you'd wipe us out. What is with all of this irrational fear of wiping each other out anyway?!" Koda was out of breath by the time she finished.
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:04 pm

"Kids are just killers that haven't been trained yet." The soldier said. "What do you think it is that separates a so-called child from an adult? Age? Physicality? Mentality? It doesn't matter. We're at war, girl, and we always have been, and until one of us wins, we always will be. There's nothing irrational about it. Besides, even if you are just children that have no intention of attacking us, one way or another, your leaders will get the location of our village from you, they'll even torture you for it if they must, but you will tell them. When you do, they will slaughter us all."The soldier paused, letting her words sink in, "SO as you can see, you are a threat to me and my people, so I'll kill you or capture you, or die trying."
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:56 pm

"You are nuts! My people would never torture innocent children, not even from your village! And all of this talk about war. Seriously? I have never heard talk of war where I am from. And what the heck is your idea of winning anyway?! Slaughter! And let me tell you something," Miakoda looked him right in the eye portraying all serious and honesty. "If my people were such slaughterers as you claim them to be, I would never tell them anything about you. Even if they did torture me. I do not believe in mass murder. Even though your people are clearly not very nice," at this she pointed to poor Yaru. "I would not let someone else kill needlessly. I would die trying to protect them if I had to. That goes for these two over there especially. I will not let you needlessly kill these wonderful people. I would never stop fighting you. These two are true friends. I am no threat to you. Not in any way. Unless you try to hurt my friends." That entire time she held eye contact with him. And even now she continued to. "So there is your choice. Be peaceful, or be an idiot." Just then Violo appeared beside her, also looking into the soldier's eyes intensely. Then he placed his head under her hand and Koda patted him still looking at the soldier.
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:28 pm

The female soldier remained quiet through Miakoda's entire tirade, waiting for her to finish. When she seemed done, the soldier spoke again. "You know nothing of this world, you naive little child. Nothing is as you say. If you have not heard of the war, then you must have been living under a rock your entire life. Your ideals of friendship and peace are just that: ideals. Only one of our people can live, and if I let you go, it will not be mine. Let me spell this out for you. I would happily kill the three of you, to keep the safety of my people secure. I would slaughter your entire colony to ensure the peace of mine. You assume that your people are all kind and caring, because you are one of them, and you do not see yourself as that way, so you choose to block out the truth. But my people remember. We remember the battles, the dead, and we remember what your 'peaceful' people did to us."
She paused, drawing in her breath, and watching Miakoda. "This conversation is over. Now make your choice: Kill me for your people, or die for mine."
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:22 pm

At this point Miakoda drew out her dagger and let it extend to it's full length, making it a sword, really. She pointed the tip at her heart....And quicker than a flash instead of killing the soldier, she used the handle to knock her out. Then she shouted, "My IDEALS just saved your life!!"
But the soldier had a point. She had been living under a rock. Well, a wall really. It hit her. All those stories they told the children about the villagers. What if the adults were hiding something? What if the wall's true purpose had been hidden from them? And she had another problem. This probably wasn't the only soldier after them. She could not risk leading them to the hidden tunnel in the wall. She sighed, "It may be a while before we can go back home. Sorana, do you have rope?"
Last edited by AdriTan on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdriTan

Postby Koneko-chan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Sorana was amazed at the intense argument "Let me check." She stuttered, she went through her bag and finally pulled out some rope. Sorana handed it to Koda, then said quietly "Now what do we do?"

Koneko-chan

Postby AdriTan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:26 pm

"We tie her up. Then we get to somewhere relatively safe. Make a shelter or something. We have to make 100% sure those psychos aren't following us anymore." She took the rope and looked over at Yaru, "Keep pressure on him while I tie her to this tree."
AdriTan

Previous

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying