Project Terra Beta

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Project Terra Beta

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:06 am

(Note: This is continuing from where the previous thread, which was lost in the server update, left off. Anyone who joined previously is still a member here, and they don't have to re-post a bio (I'm not re-posting mine because I no longer have it. (:), we're also accepting newcomers as well, if you're interested in joining, send me a PM with any questions you may have.)

Yaru woke from his sleep instantly, bolting upright in his bed before his eyes even opened. His body was covered in a cold sweat, his breathing ragged as he jumped out of the bed, almost falling over in the sudden rush of activity. In the darkness he slammed into a wall, his hands frantically scrambled along it until he found the switch that turned on the lights, he flicked it upward, and light flooded the room, momentarily blinding him. He looked around, taking in his surroundings, he was in his bedroom, the curtains were closed, the sheets on his bed were an utter mess, but other than that all was normal.
It was just a dream. He thought, relieved. In his sleep, he had been dreaming a nightmare, he couldn't recall exactly what, but he was certain is had something to do with a huge creature trying to devour him. Results like this are only to be expected, I suppose, after yesterday.
The previous day had, undoubtedly, been the most eventful in Yaru's life. It had begun like any other, he had set out to walk through the Colony in search of something to do, as it turned out, that something found him, in the form of a girl named Miakoda. The two had met yesterday, and, while they were having an utterly confusing conversation, a some great, armored beast native to the forest around the Colony had burst through the wall and begun a rampage inside. Through an amazing stroke of bad luck, Yaru and Miakoda had begun the targets of the beast's monstrous bloodlust, and had been forced to run for their lives to escape. Fortunately, through some quick thinking on both their parts, they evaded the monster and got it into a position where the Colony guards could destroy it.
But it didn't end there, after taking a brief time of rest, the two youths decided to do the taboo, the unthinkable: they left the Colony wall. Through an underground tunnel that Miakoda revealed she had been using for years, she and Yaru went under the great wall of the Colony and out into the open forests of Telara. Miakoda had shown Yaru some of the wonders of the outside, but they had to return soon, otherwise their absence would have been discovered.

Now, the next morning, Yaru stood, trying to get his pulse and breathing under control, as images of the terrifying chase intruded in his mind. It must have been early in the morning, if no light was coming through the window, even with the curtains shut, but Yaru already knew that trying to get back to sleep would be a pointless endeavor, so instead he got dressed, sat on his bed, and began reading a book that was sitting on his nightstand. Now if only I knew what a wizard was, I'm sure I'd know why he was bringing dwarves...
Oddood198

Re: Project Terra Beta

Postby AdriTan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Koda looked around her room. Why she was up? Who knew. It was clearly not her normal wake up time. She decided to go and get something to eat.
While she was sitting at the table eating cereal, her Gramps came in. "You're not usually up this bright and early," he looked at her curiously. "You are'nt upset, are you?" He saw the excitement from the day before in her eyes. "No, you're just up to something aren't you? Or... perhaps you've had some fun that you haven't gotten to tell me about yet."
Miakoda's grandpa knew all about her past excursions to the outside. He was the one who had taken her the first time. Nobody under the age of 18 was allowed to go outside, but he wanted her to experience it while she was still young, the nature around them. She told him about her adventure with Yaru and taking him outside with her.
"Well, I am glad you've found a friend. And that you are alright with that beasty chasing after you and all."
AdriTan

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:06 pm

OCC My first RP ever! yay! Is it alright if I change my character's personality somewhat?
Evylen rolled out of bed and went down stairs. "Evyeln, its about time you got up," grunted her aunt "I was just about to wake you."
"Where's Ed?" Evylen asked fixing herself breakfast.
"You mean your uncle Mr. Edmund Blake?" her aunt answered "He's at work already, he would have taken you, if you woke up before noon."
Ev groaned inwardly, her uncle was going to take her to the labaotry where he worked today, but she had missed it, all because no one had woken her up.
"I can't put my sleeping on a timer, and beisdes it's only 9:30!" she cried. "The early bird gets the worm. Now go to the store after you get out of your pajamas. You haven't even brushed yor hair! Goodness child, I just don't know what I am going to do with you."
Ev's aunt shooed her upstiars where Ev tidied her room and afterwards went out side and headed to the store to buy some juice.
DecooPunk

Postby AdriTan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:49 am

Miakoda's Gradpa went to the fridge to get some juice, but there wasnt any left. "Miakoda, do you mind going and running for some yin berry juice? We seem to be out."
"Sure Gramps, I'll go right now," she quickly got dressed and tied up her hair.
Stepping out into the fresh air, she smiled happily as she went on her errend.

OCC: now our characters get to run into each other! :D
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:23 am

OOC: I'm gonna stay out of this meeting. :)

Yaru checked the time on his small wristwatch, four hours, he had been sitting on his bed, back against the wall, staring blankly into space, for four hours. He would have gotten up by now, except there was absolutely no reason, and he didn't have the drive to lift himself out of bed. His parents had already left for the labs they worked at, so they wouldn't notice any unusual behavior from him. I'll get hungry eventually. Then I'll go. He told himself.

OOC: Really don't like how the Italics button isn't in the Quick Reply thing anymore...
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:22 pm

OCC they'll prolly get to that eventually. I hope you don't mind me winging currency.

Miakoda looked at the various juices. There it was! Yin berry juice. The blue liquids were in glass jars chief and ready to be served. "23 relica. Not bad," she thought looking at the price.
AdriTan

Postby DecooPunk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:45 pm

Evylen was picking out her juice when she noticed a girl standing next to her. "Yin berry juice?" she said turning torwards her, "How can you drink the stuff? It turns your mouth blue!" Ev shuddered at the memory, the berry's juice had stained her teeth blue for a week.
DecooPunk

Postby AdriTan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:37 pm

"It's my gramps favorite and it helps his health. I hate how it stains too, but you know it tastes great and you can get the stains out with olin tea," Koda pointed to the tea cart across the way. "It's a little bitter, but all you need is some sweetener. I usually use terra clover honey. The name's Miakoda or Koda if you like," she held out her hand with a smile.
AdriTan

Postby DecooPunk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:25 pm

"Hi, My name's Evylen" Ev replied while shaking Koda's hand.
DecooPunk

Postby AdriTan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:04 pm

"Pleasure to meet you," Koda smiled. Then she looked at her curiously, "So about how old are you? I'm 17."

OCC I think that's how old I made her.... Lol oh well we'll just stick with it.
AdriTan

Postby DecooPunk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:48 pm

"I'm 15," Ev replied "Umm, My aunt will probally worry if I stay away from the house for more than like, five minutes. Soo, bye." Ev walked out of the store holding the bottle of the jucie and hurried home.
DecooPunk

Postby AdriTan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:36 pm

"Uh, bye," Koda watched her leave. "She seems..." She couldn't think of a word.

"Maybe I'll try to find Yaru after I drop of the juice." She finished paying and went on her way."

After dropping the juice off, she went off in search of Yaru.
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm so bored, I'm gonna die. Yaru thought as he pushed himself out of bed. He pulled his boots on and laced them up, then grabbed his sword, checked the battery in it, and clipped it onto his belt. He walked out of his room and through his house, exiting onto the streets of the Colony.
He took a deep breath of the fresh, Teleran air when he got outside, letting it fill his lungs and stimulate his senses. He released the breath with near explosive force and looked up into the sky, it was a bit overcast, there were several dark clouds, but it didn't look like it would rain. I am going to take a step forward, and if something flies out from around the corner and hits me, I swear I'm just gonna scream. He thought, remembering how the previous day had started out.
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Miakoda came around the corner and tackled Yaru. "Whoops! Overestimated the space between us. Sorry. Want to go outside again?" She grinned at him.
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Yaru paused, remembering the promise he had just made to himself. The scream was already on it's way to his lips, but he reminded himself, in the face of danger, adversity, and life-threateningly cheerful girls, one must never panic or show worry. He took a deep breath and looked evenly at Miakoda. "Perhaps you haven't looked up lately, but we already are outside." He said seriously.
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Koda scowled, "You know what I meant. I've got so much more to show you!" Then she grinned again.
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Yaru fought for control of his face, not letting the smirk out that was trying to claw it's way across his lips. "Does it involve killer plants? Or killer beasts? Or are we gonna see that killer furball again?" He asked.
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:10 pm

"Violo?" She laughed, "Sorry to disappoint you, he's always there. Follows me around like an earth puppy."
For a moment she wondered whether this fact would deter him from joining her outside the wall.
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Yaru grimaced, Always there... He thought, then sighed, Well, unpleasant as it is, I'm not gonna let a little bundle of hair and teeth keep me from going outside. "Let's just go." He said.
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Still grinning, Koda started leading him towards the right direction, but stopped. "Do we want to bring some supplies this time?"
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:28 pm

Yaru paused, thinking. Taking supplies with them was a good idea, but it was also good to know how much. "My parents said they both will have to stay at work for a while, which could mean up to three days. So If we stay out even for a full night or two, I won't be missed. How about you?" He asked.
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Koda thought about this, "I think grandpa could convince my mom I was "just with a friend" or something. Lets stop by my house. You'll get to meet him!" She started off towards her house, clearly excited, "He'll also be able to tell us which supplies are the best to bring. He's spent nights outside the wall before."
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Yaru followed after Miakoda, and he had to admit it to himself; he was slightly worried at the prospect of meeting Miakoda's grandfather. Try as he might, all he could imagine was a bald, wrinkled version of Koda. "So... What is your grandfather like?" He asked, desperately hoping for it to be the opposite of his vision.
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:49 pm

"Well, he is kind and wise and very knowledgable about outside the wall. He's a lot of fun to be around. He always says I get his good looks from him......... But he's just kooky like that. We don't look anything alike." (That was so untrue.)
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Yaru couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief, from the sounds of it, they were almost nothing alike. "How far is it to your house? Come to think of it, how did you know where I live? I never told you." He asked suspiciously. Could she have followed him home last night? To be honest, he wouldn't have been surprised...
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:00 pm

"You told me the general area. I just wandered around aimlessly for a while until I found you. Wasn't too difficult since you were outside. My house is near the secret opening, so it will take a little bit to get there. About ten to twenty more minutes maybe. I don't know for sure, I don't time anything but my trips outside the colony." She figured it'd be weird to admit she followed him home. She thought it was that she did, but she couldn't help her curiosity.

OCC: the way our characters interact is just too hilarious :3
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Yaru was silent, thinking back to yesterday, Did I tell her a general area? He wondered. He didn't remember saying such a thing, but he had probably forgotten through the day. He shrugged. "Well, now we both know where the other lives, fair enough." He said.

OOC: Agreed. But I went long enough away from here I can't quite seem to grasp Yaru's personality like I used to... Eh, it'll come back soon enough.
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:13 pm

OCC you seem to be doing fine :D I remember Miakoda's so well because she is like me when I've had too much caffeine. :P

After awhile they reached her house.
"Gramps! I braught Yaru!" She yelled inside.
Her grandfather came out smiling. He looked like an older version of her, or rather she was a younger version of him. What was the most striking thing about their alpearances was their eyes. They had the same excited glimmer to them.
The only thing different from the way Yaru imagined him was that he had a head full of practiacally pure white hair.

"Well, it's always nice to meet a friend of Koda's! Come right in!" His grin was the same mischevious grin Miakoda always gave.
AdriTan

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Yaru stopped cold, staring at the old man in front of him, looking between him and Miakoda. That face, that grin, those eyes... "Do I have to?" He couldn't help but asking. He was finding this situation growing increasingly frightening.

OOC: And Yaru is like a more bluntly-speaking me XD
Oddood198

Postby AdriTan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:22 pm

The old man grinned wide again, "And a sense of humor too! Come on in!"
Miakoda pushed Yaru inside.
"So, Gramps.... We were thinking maybe we could camp outside the wall for a couple days. We'd need some supplies and cover from mom..."

He winked, "Of course! But first lets have some tea!" He started bustling around the kitchen.
AdriTan

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying