Horizon

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Horizon

Postby rocklobster » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:59 am

You've heard of the Goldilocks principle right? That if our planet was even an inch too far or an inch too close to the sun, life as we know it wouldn't exist? Well, what if I told you there's been a project to find a planet that fits this principle? And what if I told you they found one? That's what this RP is about: A colony on a whole new planet. You can play human or alien (no blue cat people! This is not Avatar! Also, no hybrids. You must be one or other.)
RP sheet for humans:
Name:
Rank/Occupation:
Physical Description: Include skin color, height, weight, eye color, any scars or tattoos
Personality:
Bio:
RP sheet for aliens
Aliens on this planet are similar to humans, but less technologically advanced. We're not talking stone age though. They just don't have cool starships or anything of that sort. I'd say it's kinda like Earth was at the turn of 20th century.
Name: (try to come up with something that doesn't sound earthlike)
Physical Description: First person to pick alien decides what they look like. Again, no cat people!)
Personality:
Bio:
I'll post my characters later.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby AdriTan » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Alien
Name: Dridoll (pronounced dree-dole)
Description: scale like features on face that looks almost human, but her nose is a small green scaley stub with the tiniest of nostrils. Her arms and legs are also covered in green scales but not so completely that you can't also see pinkish skin. She has four fingers on each hand and a 7 inch scaley tail. Green eyelashes and green scaley hair.
Personality: Shy around new people but almost hyper with her friends. She loves playing sports and singing in her native tounge.
Bio: this I shall complete later
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby sarahjoy78 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Quick question, what do you mean by rank and ocupation? I'll edit and add it in later.

~~ Human ~~

Name: Sarah Rose Johnson
Rank/Occupation: Commander
Physical Description: Tan, 5"6, 120 pounds, blue eyes and long dirty blonde hair.
Personality: Quite mysterious. She's kind to everyone that she meets but no one knows anything about her but her name and how old she is. She is an amazing leader and can keep everyone on track. She even got a peace traty from the Selki. Besides that no one knows anything about her.. She keeps really quiet about her past life. It's not something that she likes to look back upon. She is a friend to everyone and is the kind of person that will be there for you to talk to.
[SIZE="3"]If we gotta start somewhere why not here?
If we gotta start sometime why not now?[/SIZE]
sarahjoy78

Postby rocklobster » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:28 am

Both of you are approved!
Sarah asked me a question privately that I'm sure some of you are asking as well. The humans have only been on the new planet for three years. Because of this, the humans and aliens are in a wary truce. Some of the Selki (that's what I'm calling the aliens) are friendly, some aren't, and some are indifferent. As for rank/job, the colony is under military rule, sort of. So the rank is like if you want to play a soldier (so you can put commander or lieutenant or something like that), while job is your job as part of the colony or alien community. (like tailor or doctor)
Anyway, here's my character:
Name: Damien Thorn
Rank/Occupation: Catholic Priest
Physical Description: Damien is 45 years old. He's muscular and has a long scar on his right arm. He has a gang tattoo on his left cheek that he's never removed to remind himself of his past.
Personality: Damien is rather talkative, but it's really a front. Inside, he's quite sad.
Bio: He was once a vicious killer who terrorized the streets and killed 20 people. Then when he was sent to prison, he became friends with a priest who inspired him to turn his life around. Now, he's made a pact with God: he does not wish to enter Heaven until he has atoned for all the lives he's killed. He wants to save at least 20 people, and has already saved four.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby sarahjoy78 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:53 am

~~ Alien ~~

Name: Briar Rose
Physical Description: Briar has blue scales on her body instead of green. Her entire family has blue scales except for her father who has gold. Briar has bright red hair and eyes. She has a eight inch curly tail and five fingers and toes on each hand/foot.
Personality: Briar is a sweet girl. Her father is the leader of the Selki. She has leader capabilities and all the Selki know her and her father. Her mother had died when she was a younger girl. Brair has no siblings so she will be the one to take her father's place as leader. Briar befriends everyone and she even wants to learn more about the "humans" that has invaded their land.
Bio: When the "humans",from a place they called earth, came, her father had made the treaty. It is still standing but some of the Selki are wary. They don't like the humans invading their land. Briar's father is worried that some of the Selki may attck and he might not be able to stop them. Briar is worried. Her father is coming to an old age and she is worried that she might have to take his place far sooner than both of them thought. Brai is being taught the English lanuguege by a man whom she had met one of the first days the humans had come, his name was Damien. She has visited him often and is also intrested in their religion where they believe in one god instead of two.
sarahjoy78

Postby rocklobster » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:15 am

also approved!
~~Alien~~
Name: Ji Linw (name is pronounced Jay Lin-ee)
Physical Description: Ji has green scales, pink eyes and a bald head. She is barely 7 years old.
Personality: Ji is a very quiet child who keeps to herself for fear of upsetting her masters. She is underfed and it shows.
Bio: Ji was sold into slavery illegally at a very young age. Every day she dreams of freedom.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Makachop^^128 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:49 am

~~Human~~
Name: Mal Johnson
Rank/Occupation: Mercenary, Will pretty much do anything, as long as it pays
Physical Description: Medium bulit, he has short brown hair, pretty strong with a cross tattoo on his arm. He always has his gun with him and wears working clothes.
Personality:He's sarcastic,funny, but can be serious at times.
Bio: People don't know much about him at all, he's on this new planet for new oppurtunities for work.

Edit: You can kinda tell I got my idea from Mal Reynolds....But I've always wanted to Rp as someone like him :3 and this RP seems like the best for it :)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby tronethiel7 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm trying to make it visible.
" And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.â€
tronethiel7

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Well, this looks interesting. I guess I'll try it out. Am I able to have two characters?

-Human-
Name: Yune Keyes
Rank/Occupation: Artist/Writer/Training Biologist
Physical Description: Fair-skinned, 6"1, 104lbs, topaz-colored eyes, shoulder-length hair dyed blue/green, and a small scar on her left cheeck.
Personality: She's bright and overeager, friendly and loves to talk.
Bio: She grew with an intense love for plant and animal life, learning to be a biologist at an early age. Not many people liked her, but that never deterred her cheerful spirit.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby rocklobster » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:21 pm

yep, you can have as many as four.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:46 pm

rocklobster (post: 1596523) wrote:yep, you can have as many as four.

Well, four might be too many for me Lol! Thanks- I'll post my second later.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby tronethiel7 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Since I'm new I'm still struggling with the whole delayed post thing, sorry. How is mine?
" And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.â€
tronethiel7

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:52 am

I don't see it. I'm going to submit this to a mod later today.
I also want to point out to those playing aliens that the Selki have their own religion with two gods: male and female. Their names mean mother and father in the alien language.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby tronethiel7 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:29 am

Well, I guess I'll sit out on this one since I can't get my stats to appear. Odd.
tronethiel7

Postby Ally-Ann » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:36 am

Hmm. This rp needs another guy. I'll play one~!

Name: Orion Dokken

Rank/Occupation: Explorer and journalist.

Physical Description:

+Skin Color: Slightly tan with a golden glow

+Height/Weight: A towering 6'5, 210 pounds; slightly muscular, but not disgustingly so.

+Eyes: Almond-shaped, with a brilliant amber-hazel color and black long-ish lashes. They hold a certain liveliness to them.

+Hair: Long, flowing black hair that seems as light as a feather; keeps it loosely tied just below his shoulder-blades, leaving a a couple loose strands to frame his charming face.

+Clothes: Varies. One day he may be wearing loose, flowy clothes resembling that of traditional Turkish attire, and the next day he may be wearing jeans and a simple shirt.

Personality: Orion is a charmer and a bit of a flirt, but he maintains perfect gentlemanly etiquette (Think Tamaki Suoh without the over-abundance of frilly glamour XD). He has an enthusiastic love for adventure and exploration, as well as experiencing different cultures, namely that of the aliens. He'll become a Mr. Fix-It when he sees that something is broken, and he has a strong leader-type personality, almost always trying to take charge when with a group as well as trying to fix everyone's problems.

Bio: To be revealed in rp, if that's alright.

*Looks over character sheet* My word, this should be fun! O__O *Runs off to draw Orion*
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:42 am

tronethiel7 (post: 1596662) wrote:Well, I guess I'll sit out on this one since I can't get my stats to appear. Odd.

Maybe you should get a mod to help. That's what they're for.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby sarahjoy78 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:55 am

[quote="Ally-Ann (post: 1596667)"]Hmm. This rp needs another guy. I'll play one~!

Name: Orion Dokken

Rank/Occupation: Explorer and journalist.

Physical Description:

+Skin Color: Slightly tan with a golden glow

+Height/Weight: A towering 6'5, 210 pounds]

haha! I Like it Ally! :D
sarahjoy78

Postby tronethiel7 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:32 am

~~ Human ~~
Name: Will Cortello
Rank/Occupation: Lieutenant
Physical Description: 6'1' and thin. He is pail with utterly black eyes and flowing dark hair, but he is not gaunt. He is both poised and aloof. His presence in a room signals whispers of both wariness and admiration.
Personality: Coming from a high ranking family, he is trained in the art of charm and warmth, but it is a facade. His charm is but a tool in the game he plays with people.Inside, he is brilliantly calculating and completely cold.
Bio: Will is the son of a trade titan back on earth, Max Cortello. His father bought him a rank in the colony army with his eye on capitalizing selki/human trade. However, Will only goes along because he is intrigued by this new world. More people, more pieces to play with. More false hope to create and spirits to break. His brilliance and high aptitude assuredly foreshadow his chance to rise in significance and influence, but power, fame, and money mean little to him. He is in it for The Game the only satisfaction he ever feels.
tronethiel7

Postby tronethiel7 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:33 am

rocklobster (post: 1596668) wrote:Maybe you should get a mod to help. That's what they're for.

Haha. Sorry, that did sound a bit bratty of me. I tried again, see them?
tronethiel7

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:20 am

tronethiel7 (post: 1596679) wrote:Haha. Sorry, that did sound a bit bratty of me. I tried again, see them?

Yep! Hey, I got a brainstorm! How about you play Ji's owner?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Makachop^^128 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 am

Rocklobster, are there any characters you had in mind that would make the story better? I can play one other :)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby tronethiel7 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:05 am

rocklobster (post: 1596691) wrote:Yep! Hey, I got a brainstorm! How about you play Ji's owner?

A few questions.

Does that yep mean Will is approved?
By the brainstorm, do you mean me?
And if so, would Will be the owner, or a different character replacing him. Haha.
tronethiel7

Postby Ally-Ann » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:13 am

I'll do one more character, if that's alright. If we already have too many humans, I can either play a third character or just sub this one out. Whatever Rockie thinks is best.

Name: Mirabelle Emberlin (Goes by Mira)

Rank/Occupation: Captain-- Medic (This is as high or low of a rank as the army's officer ranking system has it: From lowest to highest out of 11 ranks, a captain is the 3rd lowest or 8th highest.)

Physical Description:

+Skin Color: Alabaster

+Height/Weight: 5'3, 110 lbs.; slim, but strong, and even faster.

+Eyes: Aquamarine and long eyelashes; they hold a curious and sober gaze.

+Hair: Medium-blonde, rear-length and loosely curly, parted to the side when left down; she most often keeps it pulled into a low, thick bun with a few stray strands framing her face.

+Clothes: When called on a mission, she wears her combat uniform, which consists of olive-green-camo pants, a matching military jacket covering her T-shirt and dragon armor vest, black combat boots, and a helmet.
When on duty but not on a mission, she wears olive-green pants, a long formal olive-green military jacket, black knee-high flat-heeled boots, and a black beret with a medical cross on the front. While on a mission or on duty, she always keeps a bag of medical supplies slung around her chest.
When not on duty or a mission, she usually wears jeans, a nice T-shirt, and flats or boots.

Personality: Mirabelle is blunt, intelligent, and slightly cynical. She isn't mean, per se, but she's not a fairy's bag of glittery joy, either. When not fixing someone's injury or tending to the ill, she can be apathetic, and scrapes pretty close to disrespectful sometimes when talking to a higher rank. She does, however, have a soft spot, and that becomes evident when speaking to the ill, injured, or children.

Bio: She grew up without parents, and when she was 15 years old, was sent to the new planet where she was made a military medic by the general. By the age of 17, she was already a 1st lieutenant (2nd lowest and 9th highest rank in the real world), and a year later was made a captain for her valiant work during a dangerous search-and-rescue mission when the company's commander was fatally injured.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby tronethiel7 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:23 am

We've got quite a few strong personalities here. Haha. This will be interesting.
tronethiel7

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:29 am

tronethiel7 (post: 1596704) wrote:A few questions.

Does that yep mean Will is approved?
By the brainstorm, do you mean me?
And if so, would Will be the owner, or a different character replacing him. Haha.

Yes, it means Will is approved. I was going to just have Ji's owner be an extra, but if you're willing we can work something together where my preacher, Damian, tries to free her or buy her off.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby tronethiel7 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:41 am

rocklobster (post: 1596711) wrote:Yes, it means Will is approved. I was going to just have Ji's owner be an extra, but if you're willing we can work something together where my preacher, Damian, tries to free her or buy her off.

Well, whatever you think is best, Will is a bit of a sicko so it could fit him to toy with the guy, but I could try to play a throw-away sort of character on the side. But I'm new so....your move.
tronethiel7

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:43 am

Well, I need a villain. That's why I talked to you. You're good for a start. All righty, time to submit!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby tronethiel7 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm

rocklobster (post: 1596715) wrote:Well, I need a villain. That's why I talked to you. You're good for a start. All righty, time to submit!

So, the slave girl is mine? Mhmhmhmh. Anything else I should know before we start?
tronethiel7

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:58 pm

nope. The ball's in Christiankitsune's court now. Just waiting for her to PM me.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 am

Well, this is awkward. >_>
Obviously not CK, but here's the main RPG thread. XD : http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=1596848#post1596848

@tronethiel7: Sorry about your posts not being approved that fast in the thread. I currently can't see the one(s) in question. Did you delete/edit them?
In the future, please PM a moderator (like me, for example) if your post doesn't show up right away. Sometimes we miss approving posts, so it helps us to be reminded.
goldenspines

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying