Memento Mori: Finis

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby sarahjoy78 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:07 am

~~ Serephine ~~

Serephine smiled when she saw Valca checking to make sure that it wasn't poisned. You could only be to careful. She looked at the construction site that he pointed to. "Are your parents gone to," she asked with a sadness that only comes when she is truly upset.
[SIZE="3"]If we gotta start somewhere why not here?
If we gotta start sometime why not now?[/SIZE]
sarahjoy78

Postby Ally-Ann » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Wolfsong (post: 1593916) wrote:-Eyvette-

Eden...what a beautiful name. She curtsied when she said it too. Eyvette wondered what circles this girl came from. She did a similar curtsy, albeit somewhat clumsy, and said, "My name is Eyvette, though if it seems a mouthful, you can call me Eve." She smiled at Eden, feeling suddenly hopeful. She hadn't had a human friend ever. Only Hunter...
She glanced up again, then said, "We need to hurry. My place is secure, but only if we can reach it in time." She willed her eyes, staring deep into Eden's, to be reassuring. She hoped Eden would see that. "Don't worry. Whatever happens, I won't let anything hurt you."

Eden couldn't stop her gaze from switching to that of moderate happiness to one of bewilderment. Someone wanted to protect her? Without being paid? Eden tried to convince herself that she needed to stay cautious, but Eve seemed... genuine. She wasn't showing any body-language signs that would suggest that it was a joke.

Eden's eyes twinkled with previously-gone hope. "Thank you," she thanked softly. Does this mean we're friends? Eden's heart fluttered at the thought of actually having a friend. In all her life, she had never had a true friend, and now, in the midst of impending-catastrophe, she was possibly getting one.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:46 pm

-Eyvette-

Eyvette smiled at the sudden softness in Eden's eyes. The bewilderment somewhat puzzled Eyvette, but she could guess why. Still, that wasn't important. What was, was to get off the streets before the local toughs found them.
She held Eden's hand in a soft, gentle grip. She could feel a smile on her face, the first real one in a long time. "Follow me," she said. "Just make sure you step quietly. There's a lot of trash around here." Both types, sadly. She turned and, gently leading Eden by the hand, started down the streets. She had a set destination in mind: a small but secure house that was still in one good strong piece. It was located near a local construction site that had been left unfinished after the catastrophe had been announced.
With Hunter's guidence and her own knowledge of the streets, both she and Eden reached the house unhindered, but that was what had Eyvette nervous. She usually saw at least one of the human monsters around these streets at these times. She wondered if maybe she had finally chased them all down.
No way.
She lead Eden through the door, and didn't speak until the door was locked. Then she turned, smiling. "Home sweet home," she said. "There's beds behind that table there."
The house was a modest affair, one story and very simply done. There was still traces of the wallpaper, faint rainbows showed here and there. There was a table in the back of the room with a single chair. Behind it was a cot, a collection of sheets and pillows and mats, all somewhat torn but some were still in good condition. Eyvette smiled, hoping Eden would be at least comfortable.

-Zero-

He took the bar, checked it over habitually -one couldn't be too careful- and began opening it. "Thank you," he said.
"Are your parents gone to?" she asked.
He paused, the bar halfway to his mouth. He could see them again, now...Mom...Dad...his sister. He lowered his head, his eyes watering up.
"Y-yes," he managed to say. "They...last I saw, they had made it onto the bus. They made it out, I'm certain of it." He managed a smile, but a tear fell anyway.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby sarahjoy78 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:17 pm

~~ Serephine ~~

The moment Serephine saw Zero look down she wished she hadn't mentioned it. "Oh Zero. I'm sorry," she said. She looked at him. "My birth parents died when I was only four years old," she said. "I lived with my foster parents but they left two weeks ago and never came back," she said. She didn't let herself cry. She couldn't. They were allright. They always were. What would she do though?
sarahjoy78

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:26 pm

-Zero-

He raised his head, though his vision was still cloudy. "Its alright, Serephine. I only hope they made it to safety. I'm sorry for you, though." He straightened, blinking the tears away, a huge smile on his face, though he didn't feel it at all. "I had a younger sister, she had eyes like yours. I wonder...would you like an elder brother? Sure, its sort of adopted, but if you don't mind.." he let it hang. He felt sorry for her. That and he missed his sister. Dear little Nicky...
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby sarahjoy78 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:51 pm

~~Serephine ~~

"I wonder...would you like an elder brother?" Serephine's eyes lit up when he said that.
She'd never had siblings before. She'd always wanted one. She smiled at him. "Do you really mean it," she asked with a smile as wide as the moon. "I would love that," she said still blinking back tears but this time they were tears of happiness.
sarahjoy78

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Valca sighed, was this really happening? Was this some kind of apacolyptic soap opera? "Look, it's great you're sad and all, but might we try getting to safety from the half-crazed bloodthirsty legions out hunting for us, instead of having a tear-feet right out in the open?" He said, then spun on his heel and conned walking to the semi-made building. "Besides," He added to himself, but maybe loud enough to be heard by the others, "I've gone through two pairs of parents already, you don't see me getting all weepy-eyed."
The ground between there and their home for the night was littered with odds and ends, a wrench here, a broken window there, one just had to watch their step. Valca stopped by a window hole that hadn't been filled yet just next to the door, he ducked down and tossed Din through. The mechanical bird was barely smart enough to forage food on it's own, but if there was someone in there then Valca guessed both they and Din would start making a lot of noise at one another.
Valca waited, and waited, but there was only silence. He rose and opened the door, stepping into the dark building. The only light was Din's glowing red eyes, but Valca soon found a light switch, a few lights built on the walls flicked on, it was enough light to see well by. The smell of sawdust was heavy in here, but it was safe, for the moment.
Oddood198

Postby Arya Raiin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:47 pm

>>>
Day 3

Weather: Cool and cloudy

[No Data entry... Memory corrupt]

>>>

OOC: Okay school has calmed down for a while. Sorry about not being active guys.

-Noxa-

"Let's get going!" Pim cheered. Smiling, Noxa walked to the edge of the roof. "Oh, it's not that bad at all!" She said under her breath. Grabbing Pim's hand, she jumped off of the roof. They landed on their feet a comfortable distance down. She made sure to steady him with a hand. One more jump, and they were on the ground.

Noxa lead the way down the darkened ally. The sky had clouded over, plunging them into complete darkness. After a while, Noxa felt a presence behind them. "Psst," she said to catch Pim's attention "There's someone behind us. Be on your guard." A few moments later, a knife pressed itself into the small of her back. "Hello..." Noxa said, her voice as soft as a whisper. Three men where there, one threatening with a knife, the other a sword, and one with glowing electric gloves. They stood threateningly, a hungry look in their eyes.

OOC: Sorry for the cruddy post.
Arya Raiin

Postby sarahjoy78 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 am

~~ Serephine ~~

Serephine smiled at Zero as Valca walked away grumbling something about his family.
"Not the emotinal type much is he," she asked Zero with a small laugh. She took Zero's hand and pulled him along and followed Valca. She let go of Zero's hand and looked around the buliding. "It's creepy in here. I have a bad feeling about this place," she said shivering as a rush of coldness fell over her but left just as quickly.
sarahjoy78

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:49 pm

-Zero-

"I imagine he's probably one of the ones who has had to deal with some of the nastier foster parents," he said quietly to Serephine. He gently squeezed her hand -she did remind him of little Nicky, when she got scared- and he said, "Sorry Valca. I guess its just an inborn feeling for me, but I pity all those who were...left behind, to put it nicely. At least I had the assurance that my folks tried."
He walked into the building, grateful for the light. "Charming place," he said lightly, glancing around. "I wonder who the owners would have been." He walked farther in, smiling. "This will be a nice place to rest." He turned to face Valca and Serephine. "I suppose the previous owners won't mind if we borrow it for a night...or so," he added, grinning.

Wolfsong

Postby sarahjoy78 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:10 pm

~~ Serephine ~~

Serephine smiled back at Zero. "I hope so," she said. She walked around the house and down the small hallway. There were three rooms, just the perfect size. Serephine saw a kitchen and grinned. She was starved. "How about some real food," she asked Zero and Valca with a smile. She dumped out the food that was in her backpack and put her gloves on the counter. She went straight to work making chicken soup for evryone with baked bread and butter that she had gotten from her store. About twenty minutes later she finally finished. She went to the guys and smiled. "You want dinner," she asked them with a smile.
sarahjoy78

Postby metolosophy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:28 pm

--Pim--

Cautiously, the two of them neared the edge of the church roof and hopped and hopped again the few yards down to the road below. With the final jump, Pim landed shakily on his feet, but Noxa's firm grip on his hand helped him steady himself upright and allow him to look around and let his eyes adjust to the darkness.
As they traveled through the alleyway, somehow everything got darker and darker. There were no building lights in the area to provide some form of illumination, and when walking through the shadows, Pim couldn't even see his nose in his peripheral.
Suddenly, he felt Noxa tense up. "Psst, there's someone behind us. Be on your guard," she whispered.
Terrified, Pim instinctively looked behind his shoulder, just as a knife was placed at Noxa's back. Pim let out a whiny eep in shock as he stared blankly at the three scaries looming behind them, gripping his hands tightly into fists. They weren't much bigger than he was, but they still outnumbered the two of them.
Unsure of what to do or say, or even if they could take them on by themselves, he shot a burning What do we do! stare at Noxa.

OOC: Sorry about the lack of description or creativity. It's been a long day. :XD:
Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.
Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

metolosophy

Postby Arya Raiin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:05 pm

-Noxa-

Noxa glanced over. Pim was tensed and looking at her with burning golden eyes, as if he were asking 'What do we do?' She took a deep breath and let it out, watching the air steam from her breath. They needed to stay calm. She gave him a dark eyed wink. They would have to fight. She could already tell that by the sharp knife pricking the skin on her back. "What do you need?" She asked the thugs. Her voice was cool... too cool. The men looked at each other, unnerved by Noxa's calm disposition. "Boss, what are we going to do with them?" Said the one with the sword. He was tall and muscular. The boss, who had the gloves, walked up and stared into Noxa's face. "Got any food, girly?" He snarled. She shrank back, his rancid breath making her want to gag. Noticing her reaction, he said to the others. "Kill them and take everything they have." He raised his hands, ready to shock Noxa to death. But, before he could lay a harmful finger on her, she turned around. Two large ice spikes appeared out of her hands, each as sharp as a dagger. She sliced him across the forearm, sending him reeling back. The other two men were shocked, staring at their wounded leader. Loyally, they raised their weapons and attacked Noxa and Pim.

OOC: They should probably flee in my next post, unless Pim goes a little crazy or something. o.o It's up to you. lol
Arya Raiin

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:25 pm

-Zero-

While Serephine was fixing food -it smelled like chicken soup; was he dreaming?- He pulled some boards and stuff together and made a makeshift table. He smiled as he surveyed his work. "It'll work," he murmured.
"You want dinner?"
He instantly answered, "Awesome! I'm ready!" he motioned to the table. "Here, we can use this. Anyone need any chairs? I might be able to make something. Maybe."

Wolfsong

Postby sarahjoy78 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:15 pm

~~ Serephine ~~

Serephine smiled at Zero. "It's great Zero! I'm fine with sitting on the floor though," she said with a smile. She put three bowls of soup on the table and put the bread and butter on the table. "My foster mom tought me how to make this," she said with a small smile.
sarahjoy78

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:53 pm

-Zero-

"Really?" He sat down on the floor, glad he had made it a smaller table. "Wow. Um...may I ask...were you at all...close to your foster family?" he hoped he wasn't treading on sensitive ground.

Wolfsong

Postby sarahjoy78 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:19 pm

~~ Serephine ~~

Serephine also sat down and smiled softly. "They were like my real parents. I try to imagine my birth parents and I see my foster parents instead. I was closest to my foster mom, Martha. My foster dad was John. I had lived in five horrible foster homes before them and I fell ion love with them as soon as I met them. I really hope their okay," she said with a worried frown. She looked up at him a few seconds later. "What about your family? You mentioned having a sister earlier. What is she like," she asked with a smile.
sarahjoy78

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Eden was silent as she was lead down the streets and alleys by Eyvette. Eden began to wonder if this part of the once-bistling town was really dangerous; weren't there supposed to be terrible human-like monsters? Ah, well. A monster-free street is a good street.

Neither of them said a word, even as they neared a small house, which the two girls walked into, Eyvette leading the way. Eden looked around the room with slight curiosity. It was a small house, compared to her family's larger, more extravagent-looking house. It had old wall paper with a few fading rainbows here and there, and Eden couldn't help but find that a bit charming. Behind a table was a cot along with mats ans blankets, and her curiosity piqued a little more. She had always slept on a perfect bed, but not once had she ever slept on a cot or a mat. She kept her expression neutral rather than overly-sober as she began to roam about the room, observing the curious wall paper and cot and mats. "Interesting..."
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Valca stood aside quietly as the new girl, Serephine, who was now some sister of Zero's or something, fixed some food. Compared to most of what he had smelled in the past couple days, which mainly consisted of dust and whatever was being burned in Din's compact furnace, it was heavenly.
When the table was made and the other's seated, however, Valca refrained from indulging himself with the soup, instead he just grabbed a couple slices of bread and butter and walked away without a word. He found and climbed up a flight of bare steps. When he got to the top, he ascended another one, and finally settled in the window of the third floor, looking out into the city. Someone had to keep a watch, and the lights very well could attract unwanted attention, especially if someone noticed they hadn't been on earlier. He tossed Din out the window, and the machine began to fly, spiraling in slow circles around the building. Valca took a gaping bite out of the bread, then began tossing assorted pieces of trash out for Din to catch.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:12 pm

-Eyvette-

"Its nothing much, I know," she said quietly. "But I hope...you like it?" She hoped Eden would. She felt such a strong desire for someone to care about her before the end...she didn't hate her father, but she didn't feel anything for him either. Hunter nudged her hand, and she petted it.

-Zero-

"She was not that big. Heh, she was only ten, after all. She had eyes like stars, and was truly beautiful. She's one of heaven's little treasures." He laughed slightly. "My family...we got separated when my parents were trying to get us on the buses. I'm not sure how, but I got separated, and barely avoided being trampled. I just hope they made it."
He watched Valca walk off, watching. Zero guessed he was watching for the weres. He wondered if something was bugging Valca. Probably was the sudden company. After days alone, having friends was a novel thought, and a somewhat akward one.

Wolfsong

Postby sarahjoy78 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:52 am

~~ Serephine ~~

Serephine smiled. "She sounds nice. I'm sorry that you got seperated from them but I am glad that you didn't get hurt," she said. She looked up where Valca had left and smiled. "I'm kind of tired. I think that I'm going to lay down for a little bit," she said. She smiled at Zero and called up to Valca saying good night. Then she went to a room where there was a bed and as soon as her head hit the pillow she was fast asleep.
sarahjoy78

Postby Arya Raiin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:34 pm

OCC: Well, due to the healthy but not exactly on time pace of the roleplay, I would like to tell you my plans: I am going to dump the idea of one week days. It's too fast. A conversation takes a lot of time.^.^; Everyone agree?

Also, anyone seen Meto? o.o
Arya Raiin

Postby metolosophy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:24 am

OOC: I have returned, and I'll try and get my post up as soon as possible. ^L^

metolosophy

Postby Ally-Ann » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Eden looked around the room once more. "Like it...?" She repeated quietly, testing the phrase outloud as if it would help her decide. She then nodded before turning back towards Eyvette. "Yes, I do I like it. It's a lot different from I'm used to, but I think that's what makes it... charming." There it was. Another content smile played on Eden's lips that hadn't been there in months.

"It's not over-sized," she added, a thoughtful expression crossing her face. "I can actually walk around and feel like I'm in an actual house, not an indoor courtyard." Eden had never really cared for enormous houses like the one she used to live in. They were too big, it would take you at least fifteen seconds to walk across a room, and that was a lot of cleaning to do. That's what the maids were for, but still; the less for a maid to clean, the less she'll sigh or complain.

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:18 pm

-Eyvette-

She smiled, delighted when Eden said she liked it, then was startled when she finished with "I can actually walk around and feel like I'm in an actual house, not an indoor courtyard".
"What kind of place did you live in?" she asked as she began sifting through the sheets.

-Zero-

He smiled gently. "Yeah, I'll turn in too. Good night Serephine, Valca."

Wolfsong

Postby sarahjoy78 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:25 pm

[quote="Arya Raiin (post: 1596172)"]OCC: Well, due to the healthy but not exactly on time pace of the roleplay, I would like to tell you my plans: I am going to dump the idea of one week days. It's too fast. A conversation takes a lot of time.^.^]

Do you want us to move on to the next day or wait for the others? :)
sarahjoy78

Postby Arya Raiin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:28 pm

OCC: Yes, move on to the next day. Hopefully Meto and I can catch up soon. =.=
Arya Raiin

Postby sarahjoy78 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:57 am

~~ Serephine ~~

Serephine woke up and took a shower in the bathroom. She changed into an extra pair of clothes and made up a quick bowel of cereal. Then she sat down and waited for the boys to get up.
sarahjoy78

Postby metolosophy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:33 am

--Pim--

Pim watched the thugs advance on them with steady eyes. He glowered at the three of them, but on the inside he wanted to start screaming and crying. He could see the hunger and the driven madness in their eyes, but they we're going about trying to solve their problems the wrong way, he thought. Of course he'd like to help them, but they threatened to kill Noxa, and now they had to pay.
He scowled at the two uninjured thugs bitterly, raising his arms slightly. The palms of his gloves lit up with an intense blazing light and he challenged them to come nearer. He hoped the light wouldn't attract anyone else to the area, so he curled his fingers to soften the glare, ready to summon a weapon in an instant.
"You should probably not attack," he suggested to them cheerily. "Those ice daggers look like they could really do some damage!"

metolosophy

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:24 am

-Zero-

He sat up, yawned, then noticed Serephine sitting nearby. He grinned at her. "How long have you been up?" he asked, grinning amusedly.

Wolfsong

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying