Memento Mori: Finis

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Memento Mori: Finis

Postby Arya Raiin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Hello everyone! I've been wanting to remake Strafe's Momento Mori: Coundown to Zero hour for some time. So, here it is, Memento Mori: Finis which translates to "Remember You Will Die: The End". Not a very hopeful title...

Setting: Modern times with steampunk and super modern/sleek as the trending styles.

Themes:
apocolyptic
modern/steampunk clash
action

Summary:

In the prosperous country of Elden, in the heart of Brownstone a tragedy has befallen the continent. The population of 9.2 million are fleeing their homes. The media fearfully states "the end of the world", "it cannot be stopped", and "nuclear disaster". The world's largest nuclear plant in the heart of Brownstone is unstable. The citizens only have one month. Then, the whole continent will be blown away. Scientists have been searching for a cure. With failing attempts, they have been consumed by madness, blamig themseves for the crisis to come. The government is evacuating civilians, but the masses of people have choked the system. Now they stand in mile long lines, aware that not everyone will make it. With the homes abandoned, theives and gangs have taken over the city. Those brave enough to stay in Brownstone fight them, but also each other. All sides clash in futile resistance as the due date approaches. You only have one month to live, so what will you do?

Time will pass as follows:

One week in real time=One day in game.

Therefore, we will be roleplaying for 30 weeks. If need be, I can extend it by 7 weeks (real time), but plan on 30.

Magic is allowed, but is only manipulated by special gloves. A pair is required to manipulate one element. You can personalize the appearance.

Now for character sheets:

Name:
Weight/height:
Description:
Personality:
Gloves: (fire, water, air, metal)*
Weapons: (Swords-guns)*
Pets: (No mythical creatures, sorry!)*
Bio:

PM if you have questions!
Arya Raiin

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:57 pm

This sounds interesting. I'll try to post tomorrow.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Arya Raiin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:15 pm

My character! :)

Name: Noxa Infinita (Noxa)
Height/weight: 5'8" 140 lbs
Descripion: Noxa is a strange young girl. Her skin is very pale, which highlights the greyness of her eyes. In one eye is a biotic implant which allows her vision to zoom in. Her black hair hangs from her head in a messy tumble with her bangs often obscurring her eyes. Her nose and chin come to sharp points, giving her a hawkish look. She has made a light cloak out of some leftover black fabric, the oversized hood covering her head. When not wearing the cloak, you can see the well worn jeans and black shirt that she often wears. There are packs hanging around her waist and shoulder, carrying all of her valuables.
Personality: Noxa is shy and quiet. However, she is constantly calculating the situation. She will help others, but is wary about the risks of doing so. She has a terrible fear of guns.
Gloves: Ice type. They are made out black fabric with ornate designs of silver covering them, following the whole glove up to the elbow. The fingers have reasonably sharp tips.
Weapons: An old recurve bow made out of dark brown, almost black wood.
Pets: None, but seems to be good with birds.
Bio: Noxa was raised by her mother, never knowing what happened to her father. She went to school, often considered an outcast by the other children. As she got older, her mother worked more and more. By Noxa's highschool years she never saw her mother anymore. Noxa has continued life alone. With the recent announcement of the coming Nuclear crisis, Noxa searching for her mother. She found her mother, but she didn't recognize Noxas. Her heart torn, Noxas ran to the outskirts of town mad with greif, leaving her mother to evacuate. Noxas plans to stay in Brownstone.
Arya Raiin

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:04 pm

Name: Eyvette Creed (Her actual name is Christie Johnson, but she adopted this name)
Weight/height: 114lbs, 5'1
Description: She looks a lot like this: KH-Xion. Her eyes, while not special, have a piercing quality to them, like she's looking into your soul.
Her Outfit
Personality: She's silent, keeping most of her thoughts to herself. But her eyes have a way of speaking, her deepmost emotions and thoughts appear in them, which usually makes people uncomfortable around her. When she speaks, it is in a thoughtful way, a careful phrasing of her deepest thoughts.
Gloves: Air. They are black, matching her clothes, though she embroidered a silver clover on the hand.
Weapons: A slim, slightly curved sword, one she wields fairly skillfully, though only a little.
Pets: A german shepherd named Hunter
Bio: She was raised for twelve years by an abusive father, whom she believes killed her mother in one of his drunken rages. Then, after twelve years of living with him, he suddenly disappeared, leaving her alone with only her dog. She packed the things important to her into handmade packs, which were made to hang over her shoulders, and escaped the house. Upon hearing of the crisis, she understood instantly that she would never make the evacuations. So she desides to stay and face what comes, with only her faith of the better world to come, and her hope of finding someone who loves and cares about her to keep her going.

And that's mine!
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Is this alright~?

Name: Eden (Ee-dehn, like in the Bible) Aeterna (We've all got some creative names going. XD )

Weight/Height: 113 lbs., 5'4, slim but strong.

Description: Eden is slim, but strong, and she has pale, alabaster skin Her hair is a dark brown color, as well as curly, parted to the side, and waist-length. Her eyebrows are dark and bold, but nicely shaped, and her curious eyes below are a brilliant forest green that seem to penetrate right through one's soul. Her cupid's bow lips are almost always rosy, contrary to her personality. She's beautiful, but never acknowledges the fact.

Personality: Eden is usually quiet and sober, and her intelligence is cunningly sharp. She is blunt, and has a cynical and sarcastic sense of humor, and she finds it difficult to make friends. Once she does make friends and warm up to them, however, she is much kinder, though she remains blunt keeps sober. She is known to spark a "darkly intense" atmosphere whenever her negative emotions are strong. She has a weak and soft side, however, though she denies it and hides it.

Gloves: Fire

Weapon: Scythe

Pets: None. Having a pet would be a nuisance to her, but she does have a fondness for cats.

Bio: She is the daughter of a wealthy couple, her father having been a brain surgeon and her mother being a nationally-renowned lawyer. Herparents never had time for her, never acknowledged her, never actually spent time with her. Eden grew up barely even knowing her parents, and instead, was raised by a beloved nanny who died of old age two months before the impending catastrophe was announced.
During the first chaotically hectic wave of evacuation, Eden was unintentionally seperated from her parents when riots and mobs chased down the evacuation bus that Eden's parents had gotten into. Eden was caught up amongst the riot, and she never made it onto the speeding-away bus, left by herself with no parents.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Arya Raiin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Both accepted and good job!

Eyvette and Noxa are similar. Who knows, if you like we could have some crazy back story about how they are cousins or something! Just an idea I had while I read her bio. :)

I'm looking for about 2 or 3 more people. Then I'll submit the roleplay! ^.^
Arya Raiin

Postby metolosophy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:58 am

^L^

Name: Pimiento Aura (goes by Pim)

Age: 17 (I was going to make him older, but that would be awkward with a bunch of teenage girls. :XD:)

Weight/height: 6'0"; 165lbs.

Description: Pim has a strong, agile frame and a bit of a hunchback, but wears a brace around his torso under his clothes. He has tan skin, and dark reddish-brown hair that flips around his red glasses (somewhat like in my avatar only reversed, and the glasses are vaguely similar, as well). His big, golden eyes portray his naivete, alongside his big smile. He wears baggy, dark jeans, t-shirts, hi-tops, and his favorite grey, over-sized jacket that ends past his hands and haunches.

Personality: Pim is a happy, young man, with a big smile and an innocent look on life. He is very gullible and trusting, and wants to make friends with everyone he meets. Though he laughs a lot and can be viewed as obnoxiously loud, he is a renowned genius in the mathematics world.

Gloves: Light; the palm side is a light, sunny yellow, and the top side is bright white.

Weapons: two-headed halberd

Pets: A fluffy black and white guinea pig named Sol. He loves anything fluffy.

Bio: Raised by his loving scientist father after his mother had died when he was a baby, Pim spent his life in the laboratory. His extreme intelligence in mathematics and computer science was discovered at the age of six. Despite his indoor career, Pim longs to be outside, and had even moved all of his technology at home into a greenhouse-like shed.
His father left him immediately once the evacuation was announced, leaving Pim to fend for all of himself and his technology. Before he was able to leave, all of the escape vehicles had left the area, so he remains and waits for the impending doom.
Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.
Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

metolosophy

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:32 pm

Arya Raiin (post: 1591162) wrote:
Eyvette and Noxa are similar. Who knows, if you like we could have some crazy back story about how they are cousins or something! Just an idea I had while I read her bio. :)

That sounds pretty cool. We'll be cousins then!

Wolfsong

Postby Arya Raiin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Yay! A boy character who's happy! XD Especially that happy part. Happy!! We could use another guy and a couple more happy or arrogant characters.
Arya Raiin

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Arya Raiin (post: 1591303) wrote:Yay! A boy character who's happy! XD Especially that happy part. Happy!! We could use another guy and a couple more happy or arrogant characters.

Speaking of, would it be alright if I made another character? I had a random idea for one while looking this over again.

Wolfsong

Postby Arya Raiin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Wolfsong (post: 1591426) wrote:Speaking of, would it be alright if I made another character? I had a random idea for one while looking this over again.

You may! Just remember that it can be tricky to juggle two characters! :)

I really do want 1 more person to joinnus. @.@ I'm so bad at waiting. lol
Arya Raiin

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Ok, I think I'll join this. I've never had a set time system in an RP before, what with the one week is a day thing, could be interesting. It's far too late now, but I'll try and get a CS up tomorrow.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Arya Raiin (post: 1591476) wrote:You may! Just remember that it can be tricky to juggle two characters! :)

Lol, I juggle so many things in my head. What's one more? Heh, nah, I can handle it. Thanks Arya, here's the character:

Name: Zero
Weight/height: 132lbs, 5'6
Description: His hair turned silver prematurely. Its a pure silver, with no traces of white or gray. His eyes are a vivid green, and always seem to be laughing. He wears a loose white shirt, jeens and boots.
Personality: He's always smiling, and is usually cheerful, even under stressful situations. Friendly, but not overly so.
Gloves: Ice. Pure white.
Weapons: A huge broadsword, which he has in a sheath on his back.
Pets: he's good with dogs, but doesn't actually own one.
Bio: He was raised by loving parents, and when the evacuation was called, his parents tried to bring him along with them. However, during the horrible mess that ensued when the frantic mobs tried to pile into the vehicle, he was separated from his family, and wound up at the edge of the mob, alone in the streets watching the buses drive away, followed by the crowds of howling people. He waits in his now empty house, leaving at times to find things necessary for survival, and praying that his mother, father, and little sister made it to safety.

That was my idea. Hope you like it. :)

Wolfsong

Postby Arya Raiin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Great character Wolf!

Ah! Yes, please join Odd! :)
Arya Raiin

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm

All right, but before I get started what's with the magic gloves? I mean, are they just standard whatever? Do people have them just as commonly as a phone or keys, or are they rarer and supposed to be more valuable? Are they actually magical, or just some huge scientific advancement? Sorry, not to be nitpicky, but I really want to know what's up with these so I can fit them in better.

Also, I really can't help but notice all the old weaponry, swords, scythe, and... double-headed halberd (kudos to you, good ma'am), are those also more common nowadays, or did people just find them or have it as an heirloom or whatever. Again, just trying to get a grasp on the setting here. Some of this stuff is quite a head-turner.
Oddood198

Postby Arya Raiin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Good questions!

Yes, the `magic gloves` are not actually magic. They are a major scientific discovery, expensive but as common as a nice laptop or reasonable car. My reference for them is Fable III, which is set in the pre-industrial revolution era. However, unlike in Fable only basic elements are allowed.

The weapons are almost unlimited. However, it seems that swords, hammers, ect have been popular with everyone so far. lol

This is set in the modern era with two current fads (almost contrasting in the same way as sporty people and geeky awesomeness). One of the two fads are super sleek, high tech, and modern. The other is rugged, pre-industrial, and steampunk. These are two VERY contrasting themes, but give you a lot of options when it comes to your character.

That said, if you would like a gun, plasma baton, sword, ect. all is allowed. :)

I would like to introduce two main characters that I will play to direct the story. I (unless someone really wants to) will control the NPCs.

Name: Dr.Alex (For my best friend!)
Bio: Nuclear scientist trying to shut down the reactor. Has gone insane with his frantic attempts.

Name:Fyodor (Brother's Karamazov reference!)
Bio: Local crime lord with a large group of followers.

They will be developed in the story.
Arya Raiin

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:26 am

All righty then, I think I'm getting a vague outline for a character, I'll see if I can flesh him/her out some and get a CS up before too much longer.
Oddood198

Postby Wind » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:46 pm

hopefully I can still join

heres my character

Name: Fidelis (latin meaning faithful)
Personality: can be a bit crazy, thought to be released from an asylum because even they couldn't handle her. She is perfectly sane but she can have outbursts of sociopathic style behavior.
Gloves: fire
Weapons: An AR15, and two daggers and two swords
Pets: two twin ravens who were hatched out of the same egg and are named Huginn and Munin and a wolf named fenrir.
Bio: She is the daughter of a highly eccentric inventor who decided to bestow on his daughter his obsession. She has spent most of her life in the asylum and has no idea of what normal interaction really is sometimes.

how Fidelis looks

Face closeup

How her gloves look
Image She only wears one glove but can control fire with both. (if thats okay)

AR15

Daggers and swords
dagger in the middle and the fire and ice swords modeled after her favorite elements.

the ravens

Fenrir
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Arya Raiin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Good job Wind! Bravo! I like the Norse references.

I plan to submit this thread Friday or Saturday for official approval, but not until Odd has posted.
Arya Raiin

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Hey, awesome! Wind's on board!
I can't wait for this to start, Arya!

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Sorry it took so long, a bunch of stuff came up today, and I've been de-frosting my hands.

Name: Valca Andean

Weight/height: 6'1, 158 pounds.

Description: Valca is a pretty average looking boy, all around. His bodily build is average, not very thickset or thin, his muscle tone leaves a bit to be desired, but he's not incredibly weak. He has light skin, not any tan, really, but not extremely white.
He has dark blue eyes that sit above his pointed nose, he has lightly curving cheekbones and a thin chin. His hair is short and a bit curly, pulled straight it can reach his shoulders, it is dirty blonde.

As for clothing, Valca leans toward the steampunk style a bit more, he has thick baggy off-white cotton trousers that are held up by a wide belt with. The ends of his pant legs are tucked into thick tan boots. He wears brown shirt that is a bit loose fitting, and he often wears his thick work gloves. Over his head he wears a dark brown cap with a chin strap, and really big goggles.
He also has a thin plate of brass on his left forearm and right shoulder, for a perch.

Personality: To be revealed.

Gloves: Thick working gloves. He doesn't have any of the 'magic' kind.

Weapons: Well, if he had to use a weapon, he would probably use Din.

Pets: Din, Valca's pet falcon. It is mostly silver colored, and actually has quite an intimidating look to it. It's chest opens up to reveal a small furnace connected to a little water tank, it eats things to burn to keep going.
Din can also kind of transform, and it's talons act as a grappling hook, or it can split into two and cover Valca's hands, for climbing or something, but it can also work as a weapon in a pinch.

Oh, I should probably also mention that Din is made of steel and runs on steam.

Bio: Valca was born into a poor family, not in poverty or anything, but with hardly any money. They lived in a small, run-down house where something broke every other week, they had long stretches without electricity, heating, air conditioning, and water.
They got by, both his parents were able to provide a living, but they had virtually no extra money to spend on something like magic gloves.
Valca was always a bit of a craftsman, starting when he was only a few years old and the only toys he had were a bucket full of Legos, he still astounded people with the things he made from those mismatched 173 assorted parts. It took his late childhood through to his early teens, but, using hardly anything more than scraps, he built Din and got it functioning. He had always wanted a pet, but they couldn't afford one, so he built one that ate trash.

When he was thirteen, Valca's father saved him from being run over by a car, but in the process took the hit himself. After four months in the hospital, he passed away. Valca's mother took a second job to try and help pay the bills, it was hard, but she always made sure that Valca was taken care of. Two and a half years later, Valca's mother died from overworking and malnutrition, and Valca was put into foster care.
The family he ended up with hated him, for the most part, and they simply despised Din. Valca tried to have as little presence there as possible, shutting himself in his room all day and only coming out at night to eat (he was so thankful he had his own bathroom, at least).
When news got out about the nuclear failure, Valca's foster parents reassured him and the other children that everything would be taken care of. They left that night without Valca, who was left sleeping in his room.
Oddood198

Postby Arya Raiin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Very good and unique pet! Say... did Legend of Talos influence you? The main antagonist's pet is similar. You should watch the video. :) One of my faves.

So, I will submit the thread tomorrow and make the first post on Saturday. If anyone else would like to join within the next two weeks, they may. But, not after that without special permission.

Let's do this! :D
Arya Raiin

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Never heard of the Legend of Talos... so no. But I'll look into it sometime.

Eeeurgh, Saturday. I have an archery competition Saturday, I'll not likely post until... just don't expect a post from me on Saturday. Sorry.
Oddood198

Postby Arya Raiin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:53 pm

It's all good! Don't worry! I may give the first day (in game) one extra day (irl) as well, since it takes a while to write introductions. Then, weeks will properly start on Sunday. ^_^
Arya Raiin

Postby metolosophy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:08 am

All right, Sunday sounds good. ^L^ I have a marching competition Saturday, so I won't be home until midnight.
Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.
Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

metolosophy

Postby goldenspines » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:27 am

goldenspines

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:40 pm

<.<

>.>

^.^

v.v

*Doesn't have the foggiest idea where to start.*
Oddood198

Postby Arya Raiin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:11 pm

^.^Alright, seems we've got a decent start!
Arya Raiin

Postby sarahjoy78 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Is this alright???? :D

Name: Serephina Rosenne

Weight/height: 100 lbs, 5"3

Description: Serephine has long, pure blonde hair, sea blue eyes and tan skin. She usually wears a t-shirt and shorts so that she can move freely around for she is very flexible.

Personality: Serephine is a cheerful girl who always tries to find someonething good in every situation. She is leader by heart and loves to help others. Her flaw is that she doesn't like others in "higher rank" than her. She HATES being told what to do. She is a team member though as well as a leader which is what makes her a good leader.

Gloves: Water

Weapons: A long silver sword

Pets: Serephine LOVES animals and has her own horse that she keeps in a stable whom she visits often.

Bio: Serephine is an orphan who lived with a wealthy foster family. They loved her and cared for her as if she was their own. They even gave Serephine her own horse. They spent as much time as possible with her but they were always away on buisness trips. One day, about a week before the evacuation, her foster parents had left and never came back. She waited a whole week and realized whenthe evacuation was announced that they weren't coming back. Serephine decided to stay in her home. It was the place where her birth parents had died and she wasn't ready to give that up quite yet. She would find someway to make it through. She always did.
[SIZE="3"]If we gotta start somewhere why not here?
If we gotta start sometime why not now?[/SIZE]
sarahjoy78

Postby Arya Raiin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Approved! I can see where your character may have a lot of personality conflicts with the others. In particular, mine. XD

Well, I suppose if that is what you'd like to do, it could turn out well. Yes, I can already picture the fight. LOL

Therefore, APPROVED! :)
Arya Raiin

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying