Dread

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Dread

Postby goldenspines » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:17 pm

GM is AdriTan.

Have fun and play safe! ^__^
goldenspines

Postby AdriTan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Thank you, Goldy! :D

Alrighty, so this is how we're starting:

We all wake up close enough to find each other near the plane. According to our lovely pilot we are somewhere between Nome and Barrow, Alaska. But where exactly? She isn't sure. Her instruments were screwy for some reason before we crashed.

Now, does anybody have a compass?
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby Wind » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:00 pm

ooc: Adri you should PM everyone who joined to make sure they know it started.

ic: Myka just sat there for a moment trying to think of what to do. She started to help the other people in the plane. She suddenly remembered her co-pilot, She went to check on him but she realized he was starting to go cold. His neck had snapped on the instrument panel when they impacted the trees when she tried to land in the small clearing. She let everyone rest for a moment. Her plane was dead but she started to salvage every usable part of the plane that might benefit them in this situation of survival.

ooc: hope thats okay. you can have any character interact with mine.
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:03 pm

It took Cathy a few seconds to comprehend what they were saying, that they were stuck on Alaska. When it finally hit her, she instantly paniced. She flung herself at the pilot, gribbing their shoulders and screaming.
"AHHH!" she screamed. "WE'RE LOST, STRANDED! WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!"
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Wind » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Wolfsong (post: 1588719) wrote:It took Cathy a few seconds to comprehend what they were saying, that they were stuck on Alaska. When it finally hit her, she instantly paniced. She flung herself at the pilot, gribbing their shoulders and screaming.
"AHHH!" she screamed. "WE'RE LOST, STRANDED! WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!"

Myka smacked her hard across the cheek. in her heavy russian accent she spoke with a bit of menace in her tone " Panicking gets you killed... remain calm and relax and I will do my best to help you in a moment." She couldn't tolerate those sorts of women. She had lived on one frontier or another her whole entire life. She continued to scavenge parts and then called to Cathy " If you want to make yourself useful you can help me."

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Wind

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:47 pm

She was stunned when the person slapped her, but it did get rid of the panic.
"o-okay," she stammered. "What...what do you need help with?"
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby Wind » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Myka said " Grab anything out of and off the plane that you think will be of use... and stack it up in the pile I made here." She pointed to the growing pile outside the plane " Also if you have a jacket you should put it on its going to get cold here really soon."

Wind

Postby AdriTan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Occ this is a great start! I'll pm the others!

Adrina started getting stuff too. She used her knife to tear up the seats and take out the stuffing and she put it and the apolstery into neat piles. She looked at Myka apologetically and when she cornered her alone for a moment she whispered, "I know this looks like vandalism, but we don't know how long we'll be stuck here and those lower forty-eighters won't last long without insulation in the cold weather if we are stuck for more than a couple weeks." She also set to watching for animals. If they had landed anywhere near the ocean, polar bears might be around. And not to mention moose! Which of course were more likely to be seen. Male moose were incredibly violent and so were mother moose who had calves. Baby moose stayed with their mothers for a good portion if time. It was completely possible that they could run across any animal that might viciously protect their young.

"Everyone should watch for animals. We should all take turns watching. Does anyone want to volunteer for a while? As long as we are not near the ocean we shouldnt have to worry about bears. Also as of now you lower forty-eighters need to ask the pilot or myself about berries before you go near any. Most aren't poisonous but there are a kind that will kill you with just two Berry's. Sometimes even one."
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:19 pm

"Not a jacket, but I brought a sweater." She hurriedly found her stuff and pulled the sweater over her other shirt. She was already shivering. Then she heard something about posionous berries. She poked her head out of the plane. "What's that?"

Wolfsong

Postby AdriTan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:22 pm

"Don't just eat berries. There is one particular kind that sometimes only takes one to kill you. Though it's usually two for grown adults, it might be one depending on your weight. Ask our pilot or myself first before consuming stuff. Okay?" Adri tried to sound cheerful and casual about it.
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Cathy gasped. Who'd have thought a couple of berries could be so dangerous?
"Are...are there any that are safe?" she asked, nervously gripping her sweater.

Wolfsong

Postby AdriTan » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Adri laughed, "Of course! Take these for example," she pointed to a red berry on a green stem of a plant with leaves that were tear dropped shaped, the big end near the stem. "These are watermelon berries. They don't always taste so sweet, just like watermelon can be sweet or not so much. But either way they are good. Just make sure every time you see them that they are what I told you. Okay? You better eat these up. They won't stay good much longer up this way." There were several plants full of them and no other berries around so Adri didn't have to worry.
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:09 pm

"O-oh-okay." Cathy carefully picked a few and nibbled on them. Ugh, they didn't taste bad, but they sure weren't sweet. She remained steadfast, however, and choked them down. "When do you suppose everyone else will come around?" she asked Adrina. "Maybe I should pick some more of these, so the others can eat too. Or is that a bad idea?" she grinned slightly at her. "You seem to know a lot more about this than I do, so I'll follow your lead."

Wolfsong

Postby AdriTan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:22 pm

"Go ahead and pick them. We obviously don't have much food."

OCC I should mention the berries have a ton of seeds, but they're really juicy. The seeds rnt all that bad they're tiny lol I shoulda said that earlier its just when your used to eating em you forget these things..... Lol
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Cathy winced as a seed crushed between her teeth, then nodded.
"Okay, I'll get picking."

Wolfsong

Postby Wind » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:15 pm

AdriTan (post: 1589131) wrote:Occ this is a great start! I'll pm the others!

Adrina started getting stuff too. She used her knife to tear up the seats and take out the stuffing and she put it and the apolstery into neat piles. She looked at Myka apologetically and when she cornered her alone for a moment she whispered, "I know this looks like vandalism, but we don't know how long we'll be stuck here and those lower forty-eighters won't last long without insulation in the cold weather if we are stuck for more than a couple weeks." She also set to watching for animals. If they had landed anywhere near the ocean, polar bears might be around. And not to mention moose! Which of course were more likely to be seen. Male moose were incredibly violent and so were mother moose who had calves. Baby moose stayed with their mothers for a good portion if time. It was completely possible that they could run across any animal that might viciously protect their young.

"Everyone should watch for animals. We should all take turns watching. Does anyone want to volunteer for a while? As long as we are not near the ocean we shouldnt have to worry about bears. Also as of now you lower forty-eighters need to ask the pilot or myself about berries before you go near any. Most aren't poisonous but there are a kind that will kill you with just two Berry's. Sometimes even one."

OOC: sorry for my long absense I was in the process of moving when this started

IC: Myka allowed herself a small smile at the way Adrina stood and helped herself and made the necessary arrangements out of the plane. She turned to Adrina and said " So, what part of alaska are you from?" As she talked with Adrina she was under the control panel pulling out the wires which had connected all the controls to other essential parts of the plane. She had dealt with this type of situation once before and was thankful to not be facing it alone this time. She said loud enough for everyone to hear " Please bring any plant or fruit gathered to me before you eat it... the last time I saw a person eat those Berries that this woman mentioned their face swelled up and they died of Positional asphyxia where they curled up in the fetal position and suffocated..." She wasn't going to hold back the seriousness of the situation from people they needed to know just how serious it was if they wanted to live through it.

Wind

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Cathy choked on the ones she was just chewing on. It took effert to not spit them out, but she wondered if that might be a good idea. She forced herself to swallow, breathing a little raggedly.
"Just stay calm," she whispered to herself. "You'll be fine. You're with a good bunch of people, who will surely help keep you alive. You'll be fine..."
Sighing, she turned back to the others. "Anything else I can do?"

Wolfsong

Postby Wind » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:09 pm

handing cathy a scrap of paper and a stub of a pencil Myka said " you could make a inventory list of the supplies we do have and what we need that we can get out of the nature around us..." She decided to grab the chair she had stowed underneath her seat. She grabbed her sharpening stone as well, and sat there sharpening her knife.

Wind

Postby AdriTan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:55 pm

"Im from Talkeetna. You?"
Adrina looked at the plants around her. They weren't going to be around to much longer. "You and I are going to have to remember all the plants we can. How well do you know Alakan plants? I know certain berries and flowers, but herbs not so much."
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby Wind » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Myka paused momentarily in the sharpening of her knife " I am from Unalakleet... and yes I know them very well... before the KGB caused my family to move from russia I was taught by my mother to identify and know my plants. My mother was a government trained botanist." She pointed to the small swampy area near them. " If there are any cat tail plants in there it would be wise to harvest them. All parts of that plant are edible and if we also find some lingonberry bushes along the way that are bearing fruit it would not be a bad thing either." She continued to sharpen her knife as she continued to speak " our first priority though is a fresh contaminate free water source."

OOC: Hope you don't mind Adri I keep looking up facts on google so I stay completely realistic to the scenario and my character.

Wind

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Cathy started writing stuff down. "Well, my stuff consists of flint, knife, sweater, camping gear which includes a tent, sleepingbag, and I got a 24-package of granola bars. Next up is..." her ears perked up as Adrina and Mika were chatting. She instantly chimed in.
"So you both actually live up here? That's cool! I'm from Texas, though I've been wanting to move away from where I am. Its so hot..." She glanced around, then said, "How do we go about finding a water source?"

Wolfsong

Postby AdriTan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:07 pm

OCC @Wind looking up stuff is good but you may want to keep to Alaskan sites rather that looking up a plant and seeing it there. I've never seen cattails up here, I think they could be up here but probably lower than the anchorage area. Also up where our characters are is kind of like a cold desert exept there are small streams and sometimes riverst. There are a few bush like plants and moss. When there are trees they are only as tall ad you and me. I should have probably explained that better. But I do think there are lingon berries! And other types too, but there aren't any Plants much bigger.

BIC. Adrina looked at the berry bushes around them. "Well, considering all these berries I assume there is water nea......" she was interrupted by some movement in the bushes. Looking closer she saw an Arctic Fox. Upon noticing she had spotted it, it ran off.

"So adorable! And maybe good news. If it had been here despite our presence, there's a good chance........." she started digging where the fox had been. Sure enough she found fresh rabbit meat! "We'll take some and leave some for the fox, and then set off for the water."
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying