On the Run

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

On the Run

Postby goldenspines » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:11 pm

GM is the lovely Diamond Dragon.

Have fun and play safe! ^__^
goldenspines

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Ooc: Thanks a bunch Gold! The superpower trio will start together in the woods, and the hunters in Havenmore. Also, we're starting during the summer.

Bic:

Monday, 9:00 am

-Tiger-

Tiger grudgingly opened his eyes. He was on his back, looking up at the treetops through witch the morning sun shone through in golden shafts. Sitting up, he brushed the leaves and twigs out of his hair, wondering how he got here. In a moment, he remembered. He was free. Away from the Lab, away from all the pricking and prodding, and the scary tests he had to go through! Tiger let out a yell of happiness, completely forgetting that Hunters could possibly be around...

-Nya Hinomi-

Nya walked into a restaurant in Havenmore and sat down at a table. It was the place she was to rondezvous with Ralen, the agent already stationed here. Nya didn't know much of the mission, but it sounded like they had to track down dangerous people. Her blank expression never changed, but a shiver of excitement went down her back. Her first major mission! Glancing around the room, she hoped Ralen would be there soon to fill her in..

-Julie Shepherds-

Julie was excited. She was going out with several of her friends to the small roller skating rink in town! Excitedly she got the skates she already owned, and put them in her bag. Then she ran downstairs to join her mom, and together they started walking towards the ice rink...
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:54 pm

OOC: Well, I think I shall make my intro post now...

BiC:

Yesterday, Sunday, 3:00 PM

"Yes, Uh-huh, ok. All right, you don't have to shout." Said Ralen Masonric into the phone he held to his head, although keeping the speaker a few inches from his ear because to other person was, in fact, shouting. Ralen was sitting in a small wooden chair against the wall of his garage, he was wearing black sweatpants and a loose light blue sleeveless shirt, his feet were bare and he had strips of dirty bandages wrapped around his knuckles, he was sweaty and a small towel sat atop his shoulder.
"Yes sir, I'll see that it's taken care of. Meeting her tomorrow? Ok. Understood." As the sound of a dial tone filled his ear, Ralen moved the phone away from him and shut it, "No goodbye, as usual." He sighed to himself, a small smile playing out on his lips.
He looked up, directly in front of him a tall punching bag hung from a chain bolted to the ceiling, still swinging just slightly from the beating he was delivering to it before his phone rang. Against the far wall was a stack of weights in varying size, and in each corner of the room, nailed to the wall, were small speakers set up to the system that he could control with the click of a remote. But it seemed that today's workout had been cut short, now he had some work to attend to, and from what he had just heard, it was rather delicate and urgent business indeed.
Ralen stood up, taking a drink from his water bottle which sat on a small table next to the chair, and wiped his face with the towel before going through the door and into the main part of his house. In front of him was the doorway to his bedroom, to the right was his laundry room, and the left lead to his living room. He went straight ahead, to his bedroom, and to the bathroom connected to it so he could get a shower.

A half hour later, Ralen, clean and fully dressed, opened another door in his bedroom, this one revealing only a dark flight of stairs and a lightweight on the side of the wall. He flipped the switch and an overhead light came on, he walked down the stairs and found himself in a basement room, the walls, floor and ceiling were all concrete, and it was a little bit chilly down here. It smelled of oils and sweat in here, just how Ralen liked it.
He looked at the tall locker in the corner, he thought for a second, then decided he wouldn't need anythin out of there, yet. Instead he walked to a small table in the middle of the room, on top of which was his knife, sheathed, and his gun with no ammo inserted, although two full clips stood next to it. Also on the table were a number of tools, bottles of liquids for maintaining the gun and knife, and a few crisp white rags with which to apply them.
Ralen sat in a metal fold-up chair and set to work on servicing his equipment, he wanted to be sure it was ready for his meeting with his new partner tomorrow.

Present time.

Ralen walked into the restaurant that had been designated as the meeting place for him and this other Hunter. He had made sure to make himself look presentable, his hair was combed, his dark blue cargo pants were unwrinkled, and his plain black t-shirt was clean. He had a laptop bag with him, slung over his shoulder and hanging at his side.
His mismatched eyes scanned the interior of the establishment briefly before resting on the young Asian woman sitting alone at her table, he recognized her from the picture he had been sent of her last night, this was Nya Hinomi, his fellow Hunter and partner for the time being.
He walked to her table and seated himself across from her, smiling happily, "There you are," He said, taking a good look at her, "It's been too long since we saw each other, would it really kill you to come see your old cousin once in a while?" He asked, his gaze shifting slightly to other patrons of the restaurant who were seated within hearing distance, if this Nya girl was at all competent she would be able to pick up on his hints and play along.
Oddood198

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:48 am

For just a minute, Nya was confused, but when she saw the man glance around meaningly at the other people seated close by, she realized it was a ruse. Her expression turned into a smile as well. "I suppose not...but I have to much work to do, it's getting hard to get time off, you know?" She answered, glancing at the surrounding people herself.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:27 am

Ralen opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by a waitress stopping by their table. The woman smiled warmly as she placed a couple of menus in front of them, "Good morning, Ralen." She said.
"To you too, Sonea." Ralen replied, smiling back, "Me and my cousin will have a couple of coffees, thank you."
The waitress, Sonea, nodded, "I'll have them out in a minute." She said, then left.
Ralen looked back to Nya, "Now where were we... Ah yes, work." He casually opened a menu and began reading through it, "My work has been going well lately, I've started writing a new book," His eyes darted up to meet Nya's for a moment, "Would you like to hear the details?"
Oddood198

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:45 am

Exactly what Nya was hoping for. "I'd love to hear! I'm sure it's intriguing." She casually opened the menu and peered at the contents without really seeing them. From what she knew, the mission was pretty dangerous, and should have been for an agent of more experiance. However, there seemed to be a shortage of available agents for a reason nobody seemed to know, so she was chosen to partner up with Ralen. She definatly hoped she had what it took for this job...
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:06 am

Ralen smiled, "Good, I thought you may have been interested." He said, his eyes still on the menu. "It'll be about three children who escape from a dangerous government laboratory that they've been in for several years. They'll have some kind of mutations or powers from the experimentation performed on them, but I haven't quite thought up what it'll be yet." He folded his menu up an laid it flat on the table, "And after they escape, they'll hide out in a small city and try to evade government agents who are trying to track them down and bring them back. How's it sound?"
While Ralen spoke he was keeping an eye on Nya, trying to gauge her reaction to what he was saying. He had been told that she was new and not as experienced as someone on a mission like this should be, and he was trying to get a feel for how she handled herself once she learned what exactly this mission entailed.
Oddood198

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:18 am

Nya's eyes dilated, and flew up to meet Ralen's. Was he serious? Kids with superpowers that escaped? She knew of the lab that was stationed here, but didn't know what stuff they worked on. But this sounded like something straight from, in fact, a science fiction book. However, Ralen looked completely serious. "Th-that sounds...quite interesting..." she stammered, trying to get over her initial surprise.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:33 am

Well, apparently that part had caught her off guard a little bit, Ralen almost laughed at her shocked reaction. Instead, he just smiled coolly, "Yes, I had hoped you would think so." He said, "Although I'm not entirely sure whether or not I'll be able to finish this book," he shrugged, "well, who knows? I think it may be a little too similar to another popular book out there to do very well." he watched Nya for a moment, "So, do you think you will be up to the task of helping out with this story, or would you prefer just to sit back and take a little break from your work?"
Oddood198

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:45 am

Nya was a bit skeptical. It sounded pretty far fetched...but if it was really true, she needed to do her duty. "It sounds exciting enough. I'll do whatever I can to help..." she replied. However, she wondered just why/these kids were experimented on, and just what kind of abnormal abilities they had that made them so dangerous. She guessed she'd find out soon enough...
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Banana Lobster » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:56 am

Sorry it took so long guys! Here's my intro post:

Back in the woods, Monday 9:01

Safiya jerked around, her eyes widening. Tiger! She shot towards the sound as fast as she could go, her mind automatically going through her repertoire of creatures, discarding the ones not suitable for combat against the Hunters. As she burst into the clearing Tiger had unintentionally made, it only took a a few moments to realize there were no Hunters.

She darted over to Tiger and clapped a hand over his mouth, effectively silencing him. Lifting a finger to her lips, and, pulling him to his feet, she wrapped an arm around his shoulders and pulled him into the brush that had, somehow, escaped being crushed by a 50-foot tall, high on adrenaline Tiger stumbling around in the dark.

"Careful Tiger, we don't know where the Hunters are, remember?" She smiled at her fellow former lab rat. She didn't even notice she did it. It was more of a defensive mechanism than anything now. Smile when you don't want to, smile when you do, and hopefully, people will leave you alone.

She wondered what her parents would think of her if they could see her now. And promptly mentally kicked herself. Don't think about them! she scolded herself. You'll only end up crying, and that won't do anybody any good. Especially not Titi, wherever she is. She shook her head slightly, and refocused her mind on the task on hand. Her lips were still curved upwards in a smile as she said to Tiger;

"Come on, let's find Titi, she can't be too far off."
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:57 am

Ralen nodded, still smiling, "Good, we can go to my house after breakfast to go over some of the details. In the meantime, let's enjoy our breakfast." their waitress was on the way back. She set two cups of coffee on their table and pulled out a notepad from a pocket in her apron, "All right, what can I get for you two?" She asked.
"I'll just have my usual." Ralen replied, then looked to Nya, he knew she probably hadn't been actually looking at the menu while they had been discussing Ralen's latest 'book'. Hope she can decide fast, I'm hungry. He thought.
Oddood198

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:20 am

Ooc: it's quite alright!
Bic:

-Tiger-

Oh yeah, that was right... Tiger totally forgot about the Hunters. They probably were on thier way right now to try and drag them back to the awful Lab. Well, just let them try...he wouldn't go back, and he'd make that very clear to anyone who tried telling him otherwise. Anyhow, they'd have to worry about that a bit later. "Where'd you see her last, anyway?" He asked.

-Nya-

Nya quickly glanced down at the menu again, picking out the first dish her eyes rested on. "I'll have the cheese and ham omlete with bacon, please." She told the waitress.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 am

"Sure thing, I'll have it out in a jif." The waitress said, then picked up the menus and went back to the kitchen.
Ralen picked up his coffee and took a sip of it, then he put it down and grabbed a small plastic cup of creamer from a bowl on the side of the table, as he poured it into his drink he spoke again. "Hey, by the way, have you gotten a place to stay yet?" He asked.
Oddood198

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:01 am

-Nya-

"Yes, at the little hotel down the street from here..." answered Nya. It was in fact the only hotel in town, and rather small, which slightly disappointed her. Nya was more of a city girl at heart, and was more used to bigger, fancier rooms to lodge in. However, this time she'd just have to make do with what she had...

-Julie-

By now, Julie and her mother arrived at the roller rink, and Julie was now rolling beside her friends Veronica and Millie, while her mother took a seat in the little snacking place on the far side of the room. "You know, I saw Rina today, and we talked a little bit..." Veronica started. "And she mentioned that she and her little brother caught sight of something in the woods. (For they live pretty close to the woods) They didn't know what it was, but it was huge!" "Like a big bear?" Asked Julie, curious despite knowing that Rina had a reputation for exaggerating. "No! Rina told me it looked bigger than a house! But they only saw it for a minute before it disappeared back into the woods..." Veronica confided. "I bet Rina is making it up as usual." Piped up Millie as she skated past them. Julie, although inclined to agree, was not so sure. She was fascinated by the thought of something mysterious in the woods...
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:16 am

Ralen nodded approvingly, "Good." He said. Phew, good, I don't have to offer her my guest room. He thought, he enjoyed the peace and quiet that came from living alone, it was better for working on his writing -which he actually did on the side.-
He took another sip of his coffee and enjoyed it considerably more now that he had added the creamer. He sat quietly now, waiting for either their food to get here or for Nya to say something.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:20 pm

OOC- sorry for being so late!

Back in the woods, Monday 9:04

She shivered; she could feel them poking and prodding her. "Leave me alone," she whimpered. "Please just stop!"
Suddenly, her eyes snapped open, and she was awake again. She was also invisible again, she realized.
"This always happens when I think of...oooh!" she shivered again. No, she mustn't think of it right now. Maybe this would fade away sooner this time.
She stood slowly, cowering like a frightened mouse. She crept forward a little, then saw Tiger and Safiya looking around, for her probably. She crept a little closer, noticing with relief she was starting to see her hands again.
"I'm over here," she said quietly. She quickly gripped Safiya's sleeve and buried her face in her arm. "I'm scared Safiya, Tiger. What if they find us?"
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Banana Lobster » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:59 pm

In the woods, 9:07

Safiya wrapped her arms snuggly around Titi, hugging her. "It's okay Titi, they won't find us. Not now that Tiger's shrunk down to a normal size for the day." Safiya held her at arm's length for a moment before grinning at her. "I can still see through at least half of you! Did you have another dream?"

Elsewhere in the woods, 9:11

She ducked under yet another branch, carefully stepping over a fallen log at the same time. Her hand unconsciously dropped to her pocket, where one of her two pistols rested. In her other hand, she held a knife loosely by the hilt, ready to use it at a moments notice.

With a quick puff of air, she blew some of her bangs out of her face.As soon as I get to town, I'll have to cut my hair. It's starting to get long again. Her eyes darted down to the knife. If I wasn't worried these kids would find the remains of my hair, I'd cut it right now. She heaved a quiet sigh, and started off again. At least I'll be there by the end of the day. I hate having long hair, it get's in my way.
Banana Lobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:14 pm

-Tiger-

Tiger jumped a bit at the sudden sound of Titi's voice, then relaxed when he realized it was her. "Let them try to drag us back! We'll just kick thier butts!" He declaired, smirking confidently.

-Nya-

Nya really wasn't one for small talk. She just sat there, glancing around every now and then, lost in her own thoughts about the mission. She was curious about the kids, and was anxious to know what made them so special. She also thought about just why there were experiments for abnormal abilities taking place at all...it seemed very strange...
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:32 pm

-Titi- 9:07

She smiled, still a little timidly, at Tiger. He always seemed so brave to her, just like she wished she could be. But everytime any kind of danger threatened...
She shuddered, though at least she was still becoming visible. She looked up at Safiya and nodded.
"I did dream again," she whispered. "I was back at the lab." she pressed a little closer to her; she knew they'd understand.

-Carolina-

She sat perched on top of the roof of the resturant, waiting like the birds to slip in and grab something. She hadn't eaten in a while, and it was starting to show. She was so thin now it was just ridiculous, and she hated to see the looks people gave her, some sympathetic, others mocking, it was awful! She didn't want to descend to the level of thief, but what other choice had she? She was starving to death here, with only the sorry looks of people passing by to feed her! Ha!
Something clunked on the roof, and she looked down; her locket had fallen out. She quickly grabbed it and was about to stuff it back behind her shirt, when she had this desire to look at it again. She pressed the tiny switch, and it popped open. Within was a picture of her family, a family all together, smiling and seemingly untroubled about the world. She smiled as she looked at it; those had been good days. Her mother seemed almost to smile up directly at her, almost seemed to be saying 'Don't do it, Carolina, don't do it'. But...but....with a sigh, she closed the locket and crawled back around the roof to the other side. She carefully fell off, then ran for the woods.
Maybe she could eat some roots or bark or something. She wasn't as squeemish as other girls, and she really was hungry.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Soon Sonea, the waitress, returned with a couple plates of food. "All righty, cheese an ham omelette with bacon for you," she set a plate with the mentioned foods in front of Nya, "And the heavy ham special for you." She set a plate with a massive ham steak on it in front of Ralen, and next to it was a smaller plate with toast and eggs. "Thanks, Sonea." Ralen said, picking up his fork and knife, Sonea smiled and left.
Ralen cut a chunk of the ham off and began eating, he looked at Nya, "Better eat up, got a long day ahead of us." He said.
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 pm

In the woods, 9:24

"Tiger, are you sure this is the way to the town you saw?" Safiya asked. "Because you said it would only be a ten-fifteen minute walk in this direction, and I think we've just passed the fifteen minute estimate, and there's still no sign of this town." She bit the inside of her lip, the corners curving up again. "If you want, I could look ahead."

Seeing as she meant she could transform into one of the animals she had seen during their walk, that was offering a lot. She hated changing, even in front of these two. Probably because whenever she had changed back at the lab, the scientists expressions were always of disgust, that is, if they even watched her. Most of them just looked away. And Titi and Tiger always looked away, though she didn't know if it was just because they didn't want to embarrass her, or because they thought the same as the scientists. She told herself it was because of the former.

On the outskirts of town, 11:43

She let out another irritated huff, blowing her bangs out of her eyes again. Alright, enough's enough! Easily picking the lock on the door of the first house she came too, she carefully searched for the bathroom. Once she found it, with the mirror's help, it was the work of a few seconds to return her hair the it's usual length. Hiding the newly-cut hair under the trash already in the basket, she quickly exited the house, re-locking the door behind her, (after carefully wiping all the door handles she had touched with one of the rags she used to clean her guns) leaving behind no evidence that would show someone had been there without permission.

As she walked down the street, (more relaxed than before) she considered her options. A, she could search all the houses in town until she found her fellow agents, or B, she could have a look at the town's only hotel. She choose B, though A would probably have been more fun.
Banana Lobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:17 pm

-Tiger-

"Uuuuuh..." said Tiger, not sure. Last night's excitement was kind of a blur for him. He did remember seeing the town close by, and it did seem around 15 minutes away... but he didn't remember excactly what happened after he had glimpsed it. "Yeah, probably a good idea..." He said in response to Safiya.

-Nya-

After a brief curious look at Ralen's huge dish, she dug into her own meal. He was right, it sounded like they had a...difficult day ahead of them...
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Banana Lobster » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:23 pm

In the woods, 9:25

Safiya nodded, before darting ahead. Once she was out of sight, she stopped. Okay, calm down, and focus. Let's see if I can do that pretty red and black bird I saw earlier. She closed her eyes and slowly took a deep breath, then another, and another. Finally, her eyes still closed, she started running forwards, and after a few steps, launched herself into the air, swinging her arms down as hard and fast as she could.

The moment she felt the air under her wings/arms, her eye snapped open, and she watched the ground growing smaller and smaller below her. She almost sang with joy. The scientists never let her fly, and if she did get off the ground, they'd zap her with the collar she used to wear, the one that grew and shrank when she changed shape. Tiger had managed to get his fingers around it, and than grown as big as he could, breaking it and freeing her.

Safiya was enjoying herself so much, that for a moment, she forgot why she was even up there, and almost changed back to herself, several feet up in the air. She caught herself just in time, refocusing her thoughts on keeping her altered shape, and on finding the town.

At the Havenmore Hotel, 11:59

She flopped on the bed, and frowned when she sank into it more than she was expecting. She pressed a hand down on the mattress, and her frown deepened when she met almost no resistance. It's too soft. How am I supposed to keep up with my work when I sleep on what might as well be clouds? I sleep on here, and I'll be a softie before the week is up! Rolling off the bed, she pulled the mattress off the top, and shoved it under the bed frame, leaving only the box spring mattress on top. Lying down on that, she relaxed, the frown vanishing. Much better.

She sat up again, and, grabbing her satchel, exited the room. Now that I have seen to my...accommodations, I can find my...associates. Her lips curved back into a deep frown.
Banana Lobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:49 pm

-Tiger-

Tiger watched Safiya disappear in the brush, knowing she'd shift into some kind of animal to search around. This gave him the itch to use his own powers, knowing that he actually had the choice too, instead of being forced. Tiger dropped his hands down to his sides, and clenched them, willing himself to grow. Then came the familiar sensation of his skin feeling tight around his body as his hieght started to increase. To be be able to do this without the pain of being forced too was pure bliss for Tiger. Because of his natural rebellious personality, he had had to constantly be secured by a special pair of handcuffs that prevented him from using his powers, and with a switch of a remote from a scientist could force him to grow or shrink. But it hurt like everything... he had been practically estatic when he got hold of a remote that he managdd to pickpocket from a scientist without him noticing. He came back to earth with a bump as his head struck a treebrach. He had grown to 15 feet high by this time, and he decided to stop there. He sat down beside Titi, waiting for Safiya to come back...
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:50 pm

-Titi-

Titi watched Safiya run off, almost wishing she could do the same. Being invisible wasn't all it was cracked up to be, particularly when she had trouble controlling it so many, many times. The scientists hadn't really cared; they had almost seemed to enjoy trying to see what caused her to fade.
She heard a sudden snap and looked around. Tiger had grown really huge, and towered over her. Then he sat down. She smiled faintly and decided she would try too.
She focused inward, deep into her core, deep within her self, retreating within herself. Hiding inside oneself, that's what it felt like, she remembered. Slowly, she opened an eye. Her arms had begun fading, and she tried focusing a little more. Slowly, her legs vanished, followed by her torso, and then the rest of her was gone. She smiled, overjoyed that she could still do it! Coming out of it was a little harder though. For her, it felt almost like trying to make one's self stand out, and her natural instinct was to hide. So it caused some slight emotional stress for her, when she was in control. When it just happened, it sort of faded naturally.
"Its odd," she thought to herself. "Really odd." She looked up at Tiger and said, "Do you suppose....maybe I could go see if....if we're near the town?"

-Carolina-

With a lot of grunting, she succeeded in yanking a bit of the bark off the tree. Jeez, was this stuff super-glued on or something?! She stared at it in her hand, then tossed it behind her into the small pile of random roots and stuff she had collected. She turned around and, falling back against the tree, sank down to the ground with a sigh. What a worthless existence. What a lonely, wasteful existence. Things used to be so much better.
Sighing, she took a dandilion root and absently chewed on it. It wasn't so bad, once one got used to it. In fact, she was very much used to it.
There was a sudden rustle in the tree above her, and she instantly snapped into a low crouch, waiting. A small bird, red and black, somewhat like a robin if she remembered correctly, flew out of it. She relaxed a little, watching it as it flew away. No worries, birds seemed to have no worries, for if there was trouble they could just fly away. To be free as a bird...but that could only happen in dreams for her. Sighing, she resumed knawing on the root.

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:43 pm

About halfway through his large meal, Ralen set his fork and knife down, then he looked at something past Nya and waved, then looked back to the table. In a moment the waitress had come by and dropped a to-go box on the table, Ralen moved all of his remaining food into it and shut it. "I never can manage to finish this all at once." He told Nya, then stood up, "I'll go pay while you finish up, then we can be on our way." He said, then walked to the counter.
Oddood198

Postby Banana Lobster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:08 pm

In the woods, 9:32

Safiya landed carefully on the thickest branch she could find. Blast it. Where's that stupid town already? she thought. She let out a long, low note. She was both tired and hungry, wanting a nice soft bed, and a good meal. Carefully she looked around, and, seeing no one, let herself relax. This was why she looked for a nice, thick branch, instead of landing on one of the smaller, thinner ones all around her.

The moment she was back in her own body, Safiya leaned back against the trunk of the tree, letting out a sigh of relief. After a few moments of simply relaxing several feet above the ground, (she didn't know how she managed to relax up there) she heard her stomach growl for what felt like the hundredth time in the last 10 minutes. She let out a sigh, and moved back into a crouch, one hand against the tree trunk to help her keep her balance.

A quick glance around told her that the young girl she had flown above earlier was safely out of sight. As she closed her eyes and began to focus all her thoughts of retaking the form of the bird she had been, an idea came to her: wouldn't it be easier to simply use the nose of a land animal, such as a fox, to find the town? It would probably be much easier than flying around as a small bird, and besides, her arms were getting tired too.

With that idea in her head, Safiya flew down to the ground, and turned back into herself. Getting down on her hands and knees, (getting into the position she would end up in always seemed to make it easier for her) she turned all her attention on turning into a small red fox. It wasn't until she threw her head back and took a deep breath, relishing all the different smells, that Safiya realized she hadn't looked to make sure the girl was still out of sight before changing into a fox. If she wasn't here a minute ago, than there's no reason for her to be here now. Right? Safiya slowly turned her head...
Banana Lobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm

-Tiger-

"Nah, Safiya will probably find it soon..." answered Tiger. Though he wouldn't admit it out loud, he didn't like the idea of being left alone here in the woods... or in the town either, once it was found. He did like Safiya and Titi's company, even if they sometimes annoyed him (girls will be girls). Anyway, he really wished Safiya would hurry up, because he was getting hungry too. As if agreeing with him, his sromach let out a loud rumble.

-Nya-

Nya looked at Ralen in surprise. She glanced back behind her, wondering what he had seen. However, she didn't see anyone of/interest that might have gotten Ralen's attention. She turned back to the remainders of her breakfast and finished it up, for Ralen seemed to be rather in a hurry...
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Oddood198 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:01 pm

OOC: Didn't make it clear, he was waving for the waitress to bring a to-go box...

Ralen had just finished paying when he saw that Nya was done with her food, "Ok, you all ready to go? Then let's head to my place, it's a pretty short walk from here." He said, heading for the door. He had no idea how difficult or easy it may be to catch those three kids, but he didn't think they would be splitting up, and Havenmore wasn't exactly a large place, so if they came here it shouldn't be too hard to find them.
Oddood198

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying