Rp idea, needs work and a Co-GM.

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Rp idea, needs work and a Co-GM.

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:06 am

Hey there, Lockon here. As you can see from the title, I have an idea, but not sure what to do with it. I'm still pretty new to the rp world, but have had concepts for what I hope would be great stories. Unfortunately, I find myself lacking in my abilities as an author. So I'm looking for someone with experience to help me with this venture. Now that my boring plea is out of the way, let's talk turkey.

Long ago, in the Middle Kingdom(not Tolkien's, China), the great warrior king known as Sun Tzu had begun the process that would change warfare from mindless bloodbath, to a battle, not just of body but of mind. But this is not an ancient history lesson so I'll skip to the important part. When Sun Tzu died, he had already trained two great disciples, brothers who had trained under him all their lives. After mourning the loss of their master, the brothers set about continuing his dream, uniting the Middle Kingdom. They gained great rewards on the battlefield, but a rift was growing between the two. The tension came to a head when the older brother slaughtered innocent villagers simply because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. His younger brother confronted him about this atrocity, but he simply told him that this was what battle was about. This horrified the younger brother to the point that he attacked his brother in a blind rage. His brother, while surprised at this action, reacted quickly and thus the battle was on. The two fought for hours until their blades broke. The two simply stared at each other, holding the remains of their blades, until the older brother said that this would get them nowhere, they were evenly matched. The younger, anger abated, saw that this was true, but still could not forgive him for what he had done. So he proposed a solution. The two brothers would find great warriors and bring them together into bands. When the band's were ready, the would fight each other again. So that is what they did, searching the lands for great and mighty warriors, until it became time to fight once more. The battled for days this time, their bands dwindling until the two brothers were the only ones left again.

This is the story that is told to those outside of our societies. The truth is the brothers never met again in this life, but the bands of warriors they created did meet. The two bands immediately recognized the standard of their patron's enemy.An eternal struggle was born that day, one that rages in secret to this day.

Alright I'm not the best at backstories, but the idea is that there are two societies that have been involved in every war in history. These societies hold different beliefs on what is purpose of fighting. One sees it as a way to gain power and wealth, while the other fights to protect those who can't defend themselves.
So, what do you guys think?
P.S. I'm not sure if this is the best place to put it, but I didn't think the New Ideas page was appropiate for a work in serious progress.
Lockon Stratos

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:01 pm

I decided to move it to the New Ideas area, because I this is where you'll get the most help. Good luck! :)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:55 pm

I like it, but I've never read The Art of War so I'd be at a loss. BTW, there's your title: Art of War.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:04 pm

rocklobster (post: 1506681) wrote:I like it, but I've never read The Art of War so I'd be at a loss. BTW, there's your title: Art of War.

You don't need to have read the book, most of its content is common knowledge.
Lockon Stratos

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:44 am

Oh, and that's a good one. The Art of War. I like it. Now if only I had a name for my societies. Feel free to post any suggestions you have. I need them.
Oh and here's how to post a character.
Name:Obvious right.
Title: This is if you're already a member of a society. Keep it short and sweet.
Affiliation: Which side you're on, in case you didn't know what this means.
Appearance: Same as above.
Weapon: No guns. It's a society rule.
Skills: Fighting style and any other talents of notice go here.
Bio: Brief desription and I'm happy.
Lockon Stratos

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:56 am

It this in anchient Chinese RP?
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:01 am

No, it's set in modern day. I was trying to give a backstory for why this fight is happening. Are you interested in the co-GM position? I talked to Raider about this and he recommended you.
Lockon Stratos

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:41 am

Really, he did? Well, sure, this sounds interesting! But what kind of fighting did Sun Tzu Teach?
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:22 am

He taught strategy, rather than any one particular fighting style. His theses on strategy The Art of War, is about more than just combat. It's about a way of doing things that will give you an advantage, no matter what it is you're doing. That's why it's required reading, not only for generals, but executives, politicians, or any form of leader.
Lockon Stratos

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:54 am

Ah, I see.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:36 am

Easy to understand, right? Anyway, one of my problems is trying to figure out a good opening event. You know, something to start things off with that sets the mood of the story. I was thinking of... okay, Raider suggested *mumbles to self about stupid conscience* some form of a recruitment drive, disguised as a martial arts or some type of tournament. I liked it, a good way to introduce the groups and allows for rookie members.
Lockon Stratos

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:39 am

sorry, I'm very busy and I have a couple RP's of my own. If I weren't so busy, I might consider it.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:41 am

rocklobster (post: 1506880) wrote:sorry, I'm very busy and I have a couple RP's of my own. If I weren't so busy, I might consider it.

Are you talking about the Co-GM position? or just participation period?
I think DD has agreed to the GM position, so that is no longer an issue.
Lockon Stratos

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:57 am

Yeah, I'll be your Co-GM! :D

The disguised recruitment drive sounds good. I think it should have more than just martial arts though; Like fencing, bo staff fighting, knife throwing, archery, Other things like that.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Perfect. Now any ideas on the names of these groups. I can't think of anything that I like. Another brain would be very useful.
Lockon Stratos

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Well, the first names That come to my mind are the Japanese words for light and dark: Hikari (light) and Kurai (dark)
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:15 pm

I was talking about both.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Sorry to hear that Rock,although I do hope you'll read it, and that's a good start DD. I like the idea of the names being in another, preferably Oriental, language. I do think we need to add a little extra to it. A few specifics is all I need.
Lockon Stratos

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:28 pm

I'm sorry you won't be joining us Rock. :(

Well, what about if you add the Japanese word for division to the end? Then it would be Hikari Johou (light division) and Kurai Johou (dark division). Just an idea.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:31 pm

How about Johou no Hikari (Division of light) and Johou no Kurai (Division of dark). I think it sounds cooler that way.
Lockon Stratos

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Awsome! I love that! :D
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Does Kurai mean "darkness" as well as "dark"?
Lockon Stratos

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:43 pm

I looked it up on google, and it doesn't look like it...
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Oh well, it's a good thing that this isn't in Japanese. Anyway you got a character idea yet?
Lockon Stratos

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Oh yeah, I definitely do! Just trying to find a good pic to use... (also, I found that yami means darkness.)
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:09 pm

So, Johou no Yami? That sounds good.
Lockon Stratos

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:27 pm

Name: Akai Denkou (Red lightning)
Title: None
Affiliation: None yet, will probably be on the Johou no Hikari side
Appearance: http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/userpics/50425/Girl%20with%20fan.jpg?=123 (She wears black pants though)
Weapon: Two Aoru Katanas (I think they're called something else though...look into the bio to find out what they are. They're also a bit bigger than the ones in the picture)
Skills: fan dancing, knife throwing
Bio: Akai lives with her rich father and mother, However, they're always working, or going to parties, so she has a nanny to take care of her. She fell in love with the art of fan dancing when she was 5, and was learning it ever since. When she was starting she noticed that the fans seemed heavy. Little did she know at the time she was using Aoru Katanas (Or fan blades) to dance with. These are fans that are made of metal, and the top edges are sharp as blades. They look just like normal fans, so no one knows the difference. She was only told what her fans really are when she turned 12, just as she started to learn knife throwing techniques. Her parents wanted her to learn using them so that she'd have a form of defence.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Nice work, although I have to ask, how in the world did a little girl accidentily end up with tessens(the proper name that you were looking for) instead of your garden variety ones?
Lockon Stratos

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Ooooh, they're called Tessens huh? Neat!

Well, Akai's parents did that on purpose, because they wanted her to practice with them so that she'd have a way to defend herself.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Alrighty then, time to get off my lazy butt and get to work on my character.
Name:Nicholas Ferronite
Title: The Immortal Blade
Affiliation:Johou no Hikaru
Appearance:Average height and build, neither a giant or a shrimp. Shaggy unkempt black hair and light blue eyes along with his jovial personality would fool you into thinking that he's just a harmless idiot, but that couldn't be further from the truth.
Weapon:Has an arsenal of swords for any situation, but his go to blades are the katana and wakisazi.
Skills:Is a dabbler in smithying, even forging a few of his own blades. He is also a bit of an equestrian. He's famous for his ability to get out of almost any situation, earning his title.
Bio: A former military man, he joined the Johou no Hikari after the intervened in dangerous situation he was in. He's a fun-loving and friendly man most of the time.
Lockon Stratos

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying