The Kid From Out of Town: Reboot

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Kid From Out of Town: Reboot

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:59 am

Not long ago, I attempted to do this RP. But it didn't go anywhere, so I am completely rebooting it.
Imagine that you are the new kid in town. You don't know anyone, and you don't fit in. Now imagine how hard it is if you're not only from out of town, but you're also from a whole different planet! That is the premise of our story: an alien child has come to Earth and has assimilated himself into the society, attempting to study human children in their environment. You will be playing either a student or a teacher who goes to the school the alien is attending. I will be playing the alien and two other characters. His name is Edward Terrance (free cookie to anyone who can figure out the meaning behind this name)
Here's your character sheet:
Student
Name:
Eyes:
Grade: (because this is a high school, please use grades 9-12)
Personality:
Bio:
Special: This is where you list what else makes your character unique. Is he a math whiz? Does he have certain hobbies? No super powers, please.
Teacher
Name:
Age: Please be realistic. Pick an age that you think a teacher would be. (No, we are not going the Negima route and having a little kid teach the class)
Hair
Eyes:
Grade and subject: (For example 9th grade, US History)
Personality:
Bio:
Special: same things here.
Here are my characters:
Name: Therese Francis
Hair: Strawberry blonde
Eyes: Brown
Grade: 9
Personality: Therese is a Catholic, and it shows in her personality. She tries her best to live her life the way she believes God wishes her to, but often feels she is falling short of His expectations. Complicating the matter further is the fact that her uncle happens to be a priest at the local Catholic Church and she is also an altar girl there, so she often feels under people's scrutiny.
Bio: Therese has lived in the town of Hillwood for all her life. She is unsure of what her goals are, and believes God will give her a special calling (although she hopes it does not include joining a convent).
Special: Therese is an accomplished musician and plays piano in the school band. She is also into a tabletop role-playing game called Swords and Sagas (Note: This is a Dungeons and Dragons style game), and is occasionally scorned for this by those who believe the lies that have been spread about role-playing games.
Name: Jeff Powers
Hair: Brown, curly
Eyes: Blue
Personality: Jeff is a total nerd. He's into all aspects of the nerd culture: anime, video games, comics, you name it. This has often caused him to make few friends, but he doesn't seem to care.
Bio: Jeff and his family moved to Hillwood when he was in sixth grade. He eventually managed to fit in, but was unable to make very many friends.
Special: He really knows his way around computers because his father fixes them. He's also co-captain of the Chess club.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TheMewster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Teacher
Name: Layla Uchida
Hair: Chestnut brown, long to her waist, very wavy; she usually wears it up in a ponytail unless she's dressed like a cat (see below)
Eyes: Plain old indigo blue
Grade and subject: 10th grade math
Personality: Quiet, bubbly, sweet, but very intuitive and intelligent as well as intimidating due to her popularity.
Bio: A part of the Uchida clan in the city where this takes place. Pretty much the princess. Thankfully, she's a Christian and doesn't want to harm anyone.
Special: Despite being sweet, can intimidate anyone, even Chuck Norris. 0_0
Likes cats and regularly finds excuses to wear cat ears and tail. Cannot tie her shoes (neither can I, lol.) Actually had to retake algebra 1 four times to get a C, but God one day suddenly gave her mathematic abilities and called her to teach for Him.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:33 pm

That's all fine, but keep in mind this will be a slice-of-life story, Mew. That means your teacher won't be doing any ninja stuff. Just a heads-up.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TheMewster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:07 pm

I know. What is Uchida a clan from Naruto? I haven't watched it so I didn't know LOL XD
TheMewster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Name: Niaya 'Hizoku' Naito (Hizoku means rebel)
Hair: Dyed aqua and always in two very curly pigtails.
Eyes: Amber
Personality: True to her nickname, Hizoku's a rebel. She dances to her own beat, and often doesn't care what others have to say about it, not even her superiors. She's outgoing, speaks her mind alot, and easy to get mad.
Bio: She has three brothers and is the very youngest, who live with thier divorced father. Thier father is a workaholic, so they don't see him much. (It gives Hizoku's brothers a wonderful opportunity to tease her allot, and sometimes even bully her.) Several years ago, she got in trouble with a particular teacher (Who happened to be Japanese) So many times that that teacher began calling her Hizoku, or 'rebel'. The name stuck, and she's been known as that ever since. Ever since she came to the Lord about a year ago, she tries to be good, though often it's hard for her.
Special: Hizoku is a born dancer. She loves letting loose and breakdancing to techno music. Sometimes she does it in the middle of the school hallways, and usually gets stared at for it.
Themesong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1jemFJAq6A

Image Baisicly she looks like this, except the colors of her hair and eyes I've said above, and the colors on her clothes are white and lime green. (the gray is white and the pink is lime green)
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:08 am

They are a clan, Mew. A clan that hasn't been treated very well, despite the contributions they made to the village. I won't get into it, because I don't like to give spoilers.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby raider~joseph » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Ok ladies and gents...here is my character.

Name: Joseph Sarrows(My favorate name)
Hair: Brown with spikes
Eyes:Blue
Grade: 10
Personality:Kind but....eccentric?Lets go with that.He is a bit shy talking to people and is much better by himself...at least he thinks so.He has a certain charm about him though.
Bio:A bit of a crazy kid he doesn't care about his school status.He is a bit shy outside his insane ideas.He is best known for breaking into the school over summer break to get a cookie.
Special: He is a great guy who likes to do crazy insane things.He is obsessed with anything nerdy and is a brony.Although no one really notices the brony part.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Is this all right, Rockie?

Name: Macy Jones

Hair: Brown, short stacked bob, often dyes a thick strand of hair some outrageous color that varies depending on her mood. Like blue, or green, purple, etc.

Eyes: Dark green

Personality: A creative and spunky girl, different and often considered "weird" by the "normal" crowd. Has a passion for art, music, and sometimes cooking and believes that you should ive life to the fullest.

Bio:
Therese's best friend. Macy has always been creative. Because of her parents' jobs (Her father's an ambassador, her mother is an interpreter.), she's lived in many different countries which has only further developed her love of art and music, creativity in general. (Rockie, could we further discuss Macy's and Therese's friendship through PM?)

Special: Knows a little bit of many languages. Plays around on the piano and any other instrument she can get her hands on.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby rocklobster » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:38 pm

think that works for both of you.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TheMewster » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Thanks Joseph for making your character tenth grade!!! God bless! :)
TheMewster

Postby raider~joseph » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 pm

No problem!So when we gonna get this up and running?

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:34 am

I just sent it in the Christian Kitsune. It's up to her.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby raider~joseph » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:01 am

Diamond Dragon (post: 1505382) wrote:Name: Niaya 'Hizoku' Naito (Hizoku means rebel)
Hair: Dyed aqua and always in two very curly pigtails.
Eyes: Amber
Personality: True to her nickname, Hizoku's a rebel. She dances to her own beat, and often doesn't care what others have to say about it, not even her superiors. She's outgoing, speaks her mind alot, and easy to get mad.
Bio: She has three brothers and is the very youngest, who live with thier divorced father. Thier father is a workaholic, so they don't see him much. (It gives Hizoku's brothers a wonderful opportunity to tease her allot, and sometimes even bully her.) Several years ago, she got in trouble with a particular teacher (Who happened to be Japanese) So many times that that teacher began calling her Hizoku, or 'rebel'. The name stuck, and she's been known as that ever since. Ever since she came to the Lord about a year ago, she tries to be good, though often it's hard for her.
Special: Hizoku is a born dancer. She loves letting loose and breakdancing to techno music. Sometimes she does it in the middle of the school hallways, and usually gets stared at for it.
Themesong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1jemFJAq6A

Image Baisicly she looks like this, except the colors of her hair and eyes I've said above, and the colors on her clothes are white and lime green. (the gray is white and the pink is lime green)

She looks vaguely familar.

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:51 am

XD the picture's really of Teto Kasane, a Utauloid.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby samurai10 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:18 am

Can I still join? *puppydogeyes*

Name: Acantha Disubichi (I know, really weird last name XD)
Hair: Black, but she sometimes dyes it different colors. At the beginning, she's dyed half her hair blond, and half chestnut.
Eyes: A deep blue
Personality: She's usually very shy, but she's got a big temper. When she's mad...BEWARE. (I'll post a better personality once I start posting with her. I can't really tell what her personality will be like until I start doing stuff XD)
Bio: She lives with her parents and two older brothers. Her temper comes from the fact that she has to get really mad and start a fist fight with her brothers before they'll leave her alone. Her parents don't really care about the fact that her brothers pick on her. She's shy at school though, and prefers to be alone, though she would like a friend. She hates bullies with her whole heart and soul, and just about blows up when she sees a bully. Again, from her brothers. (Same here)
Special: She is very smart. She's one of the rare students in the school who has been a straight A student ever since she started school. She's the best and fastest at History, in which she is actually in 12th grade.
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:14 pm

sure you can, samurai10. Just act as if you're either already on the bus or waiting for it. You can play here as soon as you're ready! Great to have you in my RP's again!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Edward » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:11 pm

I'mma join too. Here's my characters.

Student
Name: Xavier Norris
Hair: Pale blonde, he keeps it long, parted in the middle.
Eyes: Green
Appearance: He is slim and 5'10". He always wears black clothes, sometimes with a touch of one other color, usually white or red. He goes no where without his leather duster and messenger bag, and always wears a wide-brimmed hat outside.
Personality: He never says anything unless it's very important and mostly communicates nonverbally. He keeps a perfect poker face at all times, never showing any more emotion than an occasional sardonic smirk.
Bio: He hangs out with the other weird kids at school. Though some may judge him based on his appearance, he is very well adjusted and has good loving parents. He wants to be a musician like his older sister and aspires to be an independent recording artist so he can play what he wants to to and not be held back by a label. If he can't make enough money from that to support himself, then he would like to own a record store. He's good at math and is an excellent reader. He loves to play D&D and Magic: The Gathering, and can play many different instruments well. He taught them all to himself though, and can't read sheet music.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Student
Name: Lillian Goodman
Hair: Red and short.
Eyes: Brown
Appearance: She wears very bright, clashing colors and styles. She likes wearing ironic t-shirts and making her own clothes.
Personality: She's very easily excited and optomistic. Her personality often clashes with Xavier's but they both get along well.
Bio: She's Xavier's step sister. She loves science and history class and enjoys English. She hopes to be a fantasy/science fiction writer someday. She shares Xavier's love of music, but can't play any instruments. She also loves to play video games.
Edward

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Both characters approved! Read my reply to your PM for your instructions.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying