The Great Event

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Great Event

Postby Michael Lance » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:46 am

Welcome to the Great Event. You are currently at the Start Zone. To leave the Start Zone and begin exploring the Event Horizon, you must describe your avatar's follwing physical features-

> Eye color
> Gender
> Hair color
> Height
> General mood

- And choose from the following attributes:

> Avatar - A powerful warrior with the ability to utilize energy-based attacks, such as lasers and energy blasts. Also has the slight ability to bend the four Basic Elements (Wind, Water, Fire, Earth) to their will. Slightly resistant to Darklings and psychic techniques.

> Darkling - A powerful psychic fighter with the ability to control mind waves and affect physical objects from a distance. Also retains the ability to predict dangerous events just before they take place. Slightly resistant to Fighters and physical techniques.

> Fighter - The most basic of the three Base Factions. No supernatural abilities, besides the ability to enhance physical performance during combat. They also have a suppsosed 'Sixth Sense,' allowing them to avoid most danger during combat. Slightly resistant to Avatars and energy techniques.

Once you have decided your faction, report to 'user:MichaelLance' via Private Message decive. Await response before proceeding to next Zone.

- Message 1007.9 delivered.
Starblade, out.

*EDIT* I apologize for posting this in the Out OF Character section originally - I'm trying my best to keep up with the rules and guidelines, so bear with me here. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to delete the old thread, so if you find yourself in the wrong one, I'll be posting a link soon that should take you to the right thread. *EDIT*
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby Michael Lance » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:05 am

*EDIT* Moderators get special, custom-made characters, so if you're a moderator, let me know and I'll get back to you on your 'Non-Player Character.' :]
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby Masquerade1412 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:10 pm

This could be interesting!

.....................................................um.............................................................

What's the story, plot, sequence of events, summary, etc.?
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Well, it seems to me that this takes place in a sci-fi world...but that's all I can figure out.

EDIT: Michal, you don't need to delete the one in the Ooc forum. You can use it to post new info of the RP, like about regeions of the world, weapons, creatures in that world, ect.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:41 pm

Name: Niji Sakasa (Reverse Rainbow)
Height: 5' 7'
General mood: Niji is mute, so can't talk. This doesn't stop her from displaying her feelings however. Her face is extremely expressive, and she uses gestures frequently. Her mood will vary with her emotions; like when she's mad she will get hot headed and reckless, if she's sad, she gets shy, and if she's happy she'll be real bubbly. She give people impressions of her thoughts with her darkling abilities.
Appearance: https://picasaweb.google.com/114162875557429531833/TheGreatEventCharacters?authkey=Gv1sRgCLa_zL6RxtimVA#5656074216119797394 (Black hair, and violet eyes)
Type: Darkling

(Picture was by Michael! Thanks! :3)

Name: Hikari Sakasa
Hieght: 4'9
General Mood: Outgoing, tends to be aggressive.
Appearance: http://image.blingee.com/images18/content/output/000/000/000/751/730838170_1639400.gif?4
Type: Avatar
Other: She's Niji's cousin.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Michael Lance » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Diamond Dragon (post: 1506923) wrote:Name: Niji Sakasa (Reverse Rainbow)
Height: 5' 7'
General mood: Niji is mute, so can't talk. This doesn't stop her from displaying her feelings however. Her face is extremely expressive, and she uses gestures frequently. Her mood will vary with her emotions]https://picasaweb.google.com/114162875557429531833/TheGreatEventCharacters?authkey=Gv1sRgCLa_zL6RxtimVA#5656074216119797394[/URL] (Black hair, and violet eyes)

Name: Hikari Sakasa
Hieght: 4'9
General Mood: Outgoing, tends to be aggressive.
Appearance: http://image.blingee.com/images18/content/output/000/000/000/751/730838170_1639400.gif?4
Other: She's Niji's cousin.

Good start, except for two things: 1, why are there 2 characters? And 2, which one are you? Other than that, I think this is a good example of how the bios should look for each character.

P.S., thank ya so much for playin' da game! :grin:
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:53 pm

Well, because I want to play as both. I didn't know if you had a character limit or not.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Michael Lance » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:57 pm

Hmmm... I guess I should've specified that ahead of time. Yes, you can play as both, so long as you're not using one in direct combination with the other. eg, you can't have them team up against the same enemy, unless it's an NPC.

EDIT: Not to mention, ya can't have them take the same side in an argument, just to take the advantage. This isn't to be cruel or anything, Diamond Dragon. It's just for the sake of gameplay going smoothly.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Ok! :D
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby samurai10 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:00 am

Name: Sakuri Odreya
Eye color: Violet
Hair color: A very bright shade of blue
Height: 5'6"
General mood: (I'm not good at making the general mood of my characters until I start writing with them, so expect this to change) She's got one heck of an attitude. Smart mouth, headstrong, stubborn. She is smart though, so if you give her enough reason to, she'll back down. She regards almost everything as boring. Even fights are boring unless she's got a really really good and strong opponent.
Type: Fighter

Do the colors of the hair and eyes need to be realistic? If they are, tell me within two days and I'll edit it :P I hope this is okay!
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Michael Lance » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Michael Lance (post: 1502895) wrote:*EDIT* Moderators get special, custom-made characters, so if you're a moderator, let me know and I'll get back to you on your 'Non-Player Character.' :]

So... it has been brought to my attention the moderators don't normally participate in RPGs. Ah, well. I'll just go with the next best thing:

NPC: Non-Player Characters will be controlled by either me or Diamond Dragon (because she helped design the game.) NPC's will not have any specific class, and they will also have powerful finishing moves that normal players cannot obtain by normal means (hint, hint)

So far, the only NPC I am announcing is Mori Mikeru ("Michael Lance" - that's me) Mikeru is a powerful fighter with the ability to launch powerful energy-type attacks. However, he does not retain the Avatar's ability to manipulate natural enviroments. He has two special abilities:

Dynamic Laser: Fires a concentrated beam of blue light (similar to Frieza's "Death Beam") which can pierce armor and crush defenses. It can be used up to three times per day*.

Backup Dynamo: Increases his stamina (energy) by fifty percent of its current amount, but reduces his endurence (health) by ten percent of the total*.

That is all...

... for now.

(* as the RPG continues, I will make changes pertaining to usage and battle statistics)
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby Michael Lance » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:31 am

samurai10 (post: 1507263) wrote:Name: Sakuri Odreya
Eye color: Violet
Hair color: A very bright shade of blue
Height: 5'6"
General mood: (I'm not good at making the general mood of my characters until I start writing with them, so expect this to change) She's got one heck of an attitude. Smart mouth, headstrong, stubborn. She is smart though, so if you give her enough reason to, she'll back down. She regards almost everything as boring. Even fights are boring unless she's got a really really good and strong opponent.
Type: Fighter

Do the colors of the hair and eyes need to be realistic? If they are, tell me within two days and I'll edit it :P I hope this is okay!

Just so long as it's something I can actually draw: e.g., no "glowing" hair. Very good design specs. This could prove to be quite the challenging character...

And also, I should let people know in advance two things about the "Eye Color" system]Blue[/color]
- Red
- Green
- Purple
- Yellow

2) No dual-colored eyes. This is only a temporary rule, however - I may choose, in the future, to add special abilities that apply to certain color combinations, but that's a major "if" - I'm trying not to make my RPG incredibly complex, so it may not ever happen at all. Time will tell :)

In the meantime, please continue to refer to the OOC forum for information regarding the plot line, and here for information regarding gameplay.

- Mori Mikeru.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Mori Mikeru (Michael Lance)

Postby Michael Lance » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:41 am

> Eye color: Crystal Blue.

> Gender: Male.

> Hair color: Black with blue highlights.

> Height: 6" 3'

> General mood: A loner disposition that usually puts people off. Tends to get into arguments when under stress or trying to think. The only people he's nice to are his closest friends, among these being:

> Michelle Moore

> Sara Winters

> Skyler Jacobs

> Jacquelyn Stuarts

> Type: Special-Class "Avatar."

Explorer qualifies: Code activated.
More information regarding Biography and special stats will follow at a later time (as time allows).

- Starblade, out.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby Michael Lance » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:13 pm

I'm adding another statistic - an optional one - to the character creation roster: Biographies. Feel free to be creative, but leave about a three-month gap between the end of the bio and the beginning of the game.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

typos...

Postby Michael Lance » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Btw, I made a mistake in the translation of my character's name: "Michael" translates to "Maikeru," not "Mikeru."
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Two questions, what's the story? I have yet to read a description of it. And second question you do relize the out of character forum is not for RP'ing because I noticed a post that sounds like the start of the RP
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Crossfire » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:48 pm

Name: Sam Crossfi (pronounced "cross-fee", might change it to "Horando")

Eye colour: Grey/blue

Hair colour: Changes between blonde and brown

Height: 'Bout 5'9

Type: Fighter (swordsman)

General mood: Serious, kind-hearted, and sarcastic are words that describe him, though people often consider him outwordly negative and anti-social due to his "no-nonsense" attitude. He always expects things to go wrong, despite being a brilliant strategist.
Crossfire

Postby Michael Lance » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:13 pm

Crossfire (post: 1512891) wrote:Name: Sam Crossfi (pronounced "cross-fee", might change it to "Horando")

Eye colour: Grey/blue

Hair colour: Changes between blonde and brown

Height: 'Bout 5'9

Type: Fighter (swordsman)

General mood: Serious, kind-hearted, and sarcastic are words that describe him, though people often consider him outwordly negative and anti-social due to his "no-nonsense" attitude. He always expects things to go wrong, despite being a brilliant strategist.

Nicely done. Btw, in case anyone was unaware, the "OOC Thread" link in my signiture will explain the plot and storyline.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby Michael Lance » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:39 pm

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1512495) wrote:Two questions, what's the story? I have yet to read a description of it. And second question you do relize the out of character forum is not for RP'ing because I noticed a post that sounds like the start of the RP

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=59794&highlight=great+event

(OOC Forum - The storyline is presented by "Android X" in the form of status reports.)
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

David Reed

Postby Pyro1477 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Eye Color: Dark blue, almost black.

Hair Color: Jet black

Height: 6' even

General Mood: Very quiet and reserved. Usually keeps to himself. Speaks only when spoken to. His expression usually remains neutral, only showing expression when in extreme circumstances. He is close to no one in particular, but he longs for that kind of friendship, if only he could find the right kind of person.

Pyro1477

Postby sarahjoy78 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:36 am

Name: Eleanor Roselle Leinaar- Ella
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Blonde
Height: 5"4
General mood: Ella is an active girl. She likes to run around a lot and she loves everyone except the enemy. She's almost always smiling and when something bad happens she's the only one that looks on the bright side of things. She is a goof fighter and a fast runner but she doesn't like to fight a lot. Only when needed to.
sarahjoy78

Postby goldenspines » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:52 pm

goldenspines

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Hey, room for one more on this?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Michael Lance » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:25 am

MomentOfInertia (post: 1527455) wrote:Hey, room for one more on this?

Yeah, we haven't gotten started yet.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby sarahjoy78 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Hey, Was I accepted? Just asking.
sarahjoy78

Postby Michael Lance » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:44 pm

sarahjoy78 (post: 1528162) wrote:Hey, Was I accepted? Just asking.

Oh, sorry. Yes, I'm taking all comers here, so head on over to the new thread and start posting away! :n_n:
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Nickname: “Dutchâ€
MomentOfInertia

uh... hellooo...?

Postby Michael Lance » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Hey, the game has started, people. If nobody posts, I may have to take drastic measures :shady:
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:23 pm

I think people are waiting for more information/direction, you kind of implied that there was a big info-dump waiting somewhere. From the OP:

Michael Lance (post: 1502891) wrote:-snip-
Once you have decided your faction, report to 'user:MichaelLance' via Private Message decive. Await response before proceeding to next Zone.
-snip-

(Emphasis mine)
MomentOfInertia

Postby Michael Lance » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:25 am

ohh... that's a good point... *facepalm* so close to pulling it off perfectly... d'oh x_x
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying