The Dragon Children: OOC Thread

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Dragon Children: OOC Thread

Postby rocklobster » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:54 pm

This thread will give you info about The Dragon Children, such as upcoming plots. Also, if anyone here has artistic ability, You can post your pics here! (hint, hint)
We'll start with a bestiary for Adarah's monsters.
Raxels--Giant centipedes with an insatiable appetite. (meaning they are always hungry.
Scorpions--These are bigger and can spray their toxin from their tails.
Zools--Remember the demonic dogs from the first Ghostbusters movie? That's what a zool looks like.
Maquins--These are soulless humans and sort of the Krangor version of zombies. They were a failed attempt at humans made via alchemy. They do not experience any of the emotions we take for granted. All they can do is kill.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:01 pm

How magic works in Krangor:
here is the difference between mages and normal dragons.
Normal dragons use their life force for their magic. It's sort of like the chakra that is used in Naruto. They draw their magic from within. This means the child has to be nearby the dragon, or the magic will not work. If the child is not nearby, he or she will have to rely on physical combat.
Mages are different. A mage draws the particular element he or she controls from the environment itself.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:40 pm

ok, here's a fun idea:
If Dragon Children were a cartoon, who'd voice your characters? Here's who I'd pick for my humans:
Set=Travis Willingham (Roy Mustang on FMA)
Joanne=Carrie Savage (Rakka on Haibane Renmei)
Reika=Hynden Walch (Starfire on Teen Titans, Princess Bubblegum on Adventure Time)
Karin=Mary Elisabeth McGlynn (Maj. Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell) or Susan Roman (Sailor Jupiter on Sailor Moon. She was kind of the inspiration for Karin)
Xavier=Jeremy Shada (Finn on Adventure Time) or some girl with a boyish voice if he's too old by then
ok, gang, your turn!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Twister980 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:38 am

Eruan = Scott Menville (Robin from Teen Titans.)
Saphira = Ashleigh Ball.
Image Image "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Twister980

Postby rocklobster » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:10 am

And now my dragons, goddess, and angels:
Ba-Pef=Kevin Conroy (Batman!)
Nolk=Tiffany Grant (Asuka in Evangelion)
Kilin=Spike Spencer (Shinji Ikari in Evangelion) or Steve Blum (Spike in Cowboy Bebop)
Brylin=Johnny Yong Bosch (got to have him voice something after all)
Michael=Morgan Freeman (Morgan Freeman literally played God in Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty. Michael's name means "Who is like God")
Raphael=Vic Mignogna (he'd probably jump at the chance to play an angel)
Sophia=Darian Lindle (voices Wonder Woman in Pendant Audio's Wonder Woman: Champion of Themyscira podcast)

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:26 pm

My angel is married to Morgan Freeman? Seriously Rockie?

Hmmm...

Nefron=Hugh Jackman (need I say more? No.)
Shaalon= Meryl Streep (because she's AMAZING)
Ariel= Liv Tyler
Aaliyah= Rekka from Haibane Remnei....sorry Rock.
Adarah= Fairy Tail's Erza
Pandora= Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon....just cause
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:32 pm

Hmm. I always thought Aaliyah sounded more like Sailor Mars, but older. And I thought Adarah sounded like Raven from Teen Titans on a bad hair day :grin:

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:39 pm

It was really hard for them both.....I can hear their voices in my head, but they don't sound like my or your suggestions....
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Lockon Stratos » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:49 pm

An addition to the Bestiary.
Kohr: Take a bipedal stegosaur and add blades till even Freddy Kruegar and Wolverine are intimadated. This is the Kohr. Normally docile forest dwellers, if angered it will use those blades for more than scrub clearing.
Lockon Stratos

Postby Masquerade1412 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Unfortunately, I know no voice actors. So I'll just put the role they played.

Trevor = Fai (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
Revel = Togo (School Rumble)
Yagami = Kaito Kuroba (Case Closed)
Max = Zegram (video game Rogue Galaxy)
Amarose = Meia (Vandread)

How'd I do?
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby Edward » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:04 pm

rocklobster (post: 1503834) wrote:ok, here's a fun idea:
If Dragon Children were a cartoon, who'd voice your characters?
Set=Travis Willingham (Roy Mustang on FMA)

Ugh, I was going to pick him for Alen! And there isn't anyone else that I can think of, so I guess he'd have to VA for both characters.

For Yalasna, I would pick whoever was the VA for Robin in Witch Hunter Robin, because she was the first one to pop into my head.
Edward

Postby rocklobster » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:04 am

hey Edward, you need to post. If you don't post by tomorrow, I'm fast-forwarding the hunt. Oh, and thanks for the suggestion, Lockon.
And I'll change Joanne's voice to Stephanie Sheh, voice actress for Hinata in Naruto and Eureka in Eureka Seven.
And I guess your choices were okay, masq, but I'm not really that familiar with those shows, so *shrugs*

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lockon Stratos » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:54 pm

What do you mean by suggestion? I'M ORDERING YOU TO USE IT PRIVATE. NOW DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME 50 FOR INSUBORDINATION!!!
Lockon Stratos

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:22 am

But sir, we're not ready for a fight yet! This is character development time for now! And besides, you can't order me around, I'm the one in charge!
[SIZE="2"]just joking[/SIZE]

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lockon Stratos » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:10 pm

You believed me!? bwahahahaha *cough* Wow I wish there were more who did that IRL. And I think that the bestiary is in need of a serious expansion.
Oh and as for the actor playing Brandon, I'd have to go with someone like T.S. Elliot or somebody gruff like that. That my serious choice, but John Wayne is my dream pick. The hard part would have been convincing him to do a fantasy cartoon.
Lockon Stratos

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:22 am

Rocklobster wrote:OOC: Depending on your age, dragons can be a limited range away from their riders. If they're too far, the bond is ineffective and the rider is powerless. Just thought you should know.

Ive been meaning to bring this up actually, what sort of limits were you planning?

I was guessing something along the lines of:

100% standing close to (<50-150 feet)

75-80% in the general area/two-prong attack (<150-350 yards)
this covers an air/ground attack or the dragon staying in the air while the human goes into the building/village/fort/small-medium castle to defeat villain/rescue princess/whatever.

45-50% small separation (<500-800 yards) [color=Red]<--- added[/color]

10-15% med. separation (<0.75-1.5 miles)

3-5% large separation (<20-30 miles)

0.5-1.0% out of range (>50 miles)
Minimum power level for someone who actually has a bond.

Oh, and maybe:

110-150% Direct link.

With younger riders trending towards the lower values and older/stronger/more trained ones towards the larger values.

I don't know. *shrugs*
I'm probably over thinking this.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Lockon Stratos » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Maybe just a little bit. Although some hard and fast rules are nice, we do need a little leeway. Although some more rules on this subject would be nice.
Lockon Stratos

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:52 pm

no, that works great! thanx!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Yeah, I'm just saying that getting exact numbers is a little much. I think what constitutes a major seperation shouldn't be so cut and dried. What's far for one person, is just a short walk for another. One thing that we do need cut and dried would be some form of map or globe of the world. That I think is a little more important.
Lockon Stratos

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:19 pm

I added another increment to the table if you look "45-50% small separation (<500-800 yards)"
Just to fill things in a little better.

None of them are exact numbers, they give an approximate range (except the baseline).
Since this isn't a hard numbers biased RP, I expect a certain amount of fudging anyway; the list is just to give people something to work from, a common set of estimates.

The power levels will vary some between riders as well, due to different training, age, and experience. teams that get separated a lot will have more power at those distances whereas who train for more power when close might actually have lower percentages when separated.

Yes some thing about the world's geography would be nice.
Not necessarily a map but at least some text painting a picture of the more important landmarks on the main continent.

Mountain with resistance is here, looks like this.
Dark fortress here, looks like that.
Big dessert over there.
Mountain range.
A few large cities maybe.
Just some general stuff and we can fill in details and smaller locations as needed.
MomentOfInertia

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:24 am

This is actually pretty good stuff you got MOI. I'd also have to ask you Rock, how does the Resistance operate. Are we single agents on missions, or do we split up into 2 or 3 man squads?

EDIT: MOI why don't you do it. You're obviously the best one for the job, and I've decided to voluntell you. Just get same level of specifics as your table and I'll be extremely happy.
Lockon Stratos

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:37 pm

Yes, MOI, you can make any kind of map you want. Just be sure it's feasible. Don't put a desert next to an arctic zone, for instance.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Lockon Stratos (post: 1505279) wrote:This is actually pretty good stuff you got MOI. I'd also have to ask you Rock, how does the Resistance operate. Are we single agents on missions, or do we split up into 2 or 3 man squads?

EDIT: MOI why don't you do it. You're obviously the best one for the job, and I've decided to voluntell you. Just get same level of specifics as your table and I'll be extremely happy.

"Volentell" Nice. XP

rocklobster (post: 1505361) wrote:Yes, MOI, you can make any kind of map you want. Just be sure it's feasible. Don't put a desert next to an arctic zone, for instance.

The dessert is in a small space around a volcano at the north pole.
There! justified it!
XD

Alright I have a few ideas how I could do this.

IF I get to this (it is something of an undertaking) it will be the end of this week before I can put much time into it.

I have Battle for Wesnoth, the internal map editor should provide some excellent graphics, I just need to fiddle with it and learn to code terrain labels, not a problem just needs time.

What I will need is some direction.

1. A basic shape for the main continent or region (preferably continent)
Somewhere to start, even if it's just]1 Major city
2-3 Towns/villages
1 River
2 Mountain Ranges
A few landmarks
Some extra names
And if you could list the places we've already been to in the RP so I don't forget 'em I'd appreciate it.

[/INDENT]3. Anybody with an idea for a subplot get in NOW, I don't intend to modify and re-post this thing any more than I have to.
So send the GMs a PM about it and get the name approved and posted here sooner rather than later.

I'm guessing two main builds of this: alpha (geography) and beta (cites, bridges, etc) I'll number them as I go

Hopefully I'll have an alpha together by the end of the week, I'll post it here and then we can sort out what it needs.

This is all subject to change, schoolwork and such, I'll try 'n post something if it does.
MomentOfInertia

Postby Lockon Stratos » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:13 pm

You're a very organized and efficient person aren't ya?
Anyway, Rock, I really do need to know how our personnel are going to be dispatched. This is a major thing in planning. If we don't know how we're going to run this shindig, we might as well roll over and let Krangor go to Heligrad. You can't plan a fight without having some idea of who and how many combatants there are. It's just as important as knowing the location, if not more so.
Lockon Stratos

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:50 pm

I just now saw this. We have a subplot going on right now. As you have seen in my most recent post, the good guys are heading towards the town of Whispering Willow. Whispering Willow is a port town, which means it has a bustling marketplace. You can buy clothes, weapons, food, etc. There's even molaw tables. (Molaw is a gambling game in Krangor. It's kind of like Mancala.) I'll probably throw in a puppeteer to keep Reika and Xavier entertained (I'm sure some of you are well aware how big Punch and Judy were in the Middle Ages.) Anyway, this is where you folks come in. I want all of you to come up with what you will be doing in the town: talking to merchants, checking out the puppet show I just mentioned, maybe even some gambling, whatever you want. However, Whispering Willow has a dark secret: at sundown, the Weeping Angels arise. These are angels who once sided with Pandora and were punished for their rebellion by being turned into living stone statues. They can only move if you don't make eye contact. Phantom_Sorano, I will need your expertise: you get to come up with the only means of defeating these beings. Now keep this in mind: NONE of you know the town is haunted. The townspeople of course, know this, so if you have a merchant act like a doomsayer around you, I won't mind. Adarah can watch with glee as we are attacked.:evil:
So now that you folks know, play accordingly.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Twister980 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:05 pm

rocklobster (post: 1507486) wrote:I just now saw this. We have a subplot going on right now. As you have seen in my most recent post, the good guys are heading towards the town of Whispering Willow. Whispering Willow is a port town, which means it has a bustling marketplace. You can buy clothes, weapons, food, etc. There's even molaw tables. (Molaw is a gambling game in Krangor. It's kind of like Mancala.) I'll probably throw in a puppeteer to keep Reika and Xavier entertained (I'm sure some of you are well aware how big Punch and Judy were in the Middle Ages.) Anyway, this is where you folks come in. I want all of you to come up with what you will be doing in the town: talking to merchants, checking out the puppet show I just mentioned, maybe even some gambling, whatever you want. However, Whispering Willow has a dark secret: at sundown, the Weeping Angels arise. These are angels who once sided with Pandora and were punished for their rebellion by being turned into living stone statues. They can only move if you don't make eye contact. Phantom_Sorano, I will need your expertise: you get to come up with the only means of defeating these beings. Now keep this in mind: NONE of you know the town is haunted. The townspeople of course, know this, so if you have a merchant act like a doomsayer around you, I won't mind. Adarah can watch with glee as we are attacked.:evil:
So now that you folks know, play accordingly.

Ooooooh Squishy. xDD

Hmm... Tournaments, Puppet shows, stores that sell scrolls. OH. Annnnnd Plenty of Doctor Who References. xD
Image Image "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Twister980

Postby Masquerade1412 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Twister980 (post: 1507489) wrote:
Hmm... Tournaments, Puppet shows, stores that sell scrolls. OH. Annnnnd Plenty of Doctor Who References. xD

Why is it one of the only Doctor Who episodes I have ever watched has now become part of one of my favorite RPs of all time? :grin:
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Because The Weeping Angels are that awesome. And actually, Twister, I'm more of a "Classic Who" fan. Newer eps are harder to come by because I don't have satellite.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Twister980 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:36 am

rocklobster (post: 1507502) wrote:Because The Weeping Angels are that awesome. And actually, Twister, I'm more of a "Classic Who" fan. Newer eps are harder to come by because I don't have satellite.

Oooooh. You should try Netflix Streaming though. Tennant was one of the best. xD
Twister980

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:31 pm

*reads post*

Interesting. I will figure out the way to defeat the Willows and will let you all know.

**IF YOU ARE PLAYING AN EVIL CHARACTER: PM me.
Phantom_Sorano

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying