The Dragon Children: Second Generation

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Dragon Children: Second Generation

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:32 pm

That's right! You aren't dreaming! It's time to revive perhaps my personal favorite rpg that was birthed on CAA: Dragon Children. Originally the brain child of Rocklobster, the story evolved into a beautiful, complex little saga. So, it's time for us to write the next chapter.

In the world of Krangor, humans and dragons coexist in harmony. Child at the age of seven are taken to the Great Caves to see if they are one of the few to be chosen by a young dragon. They are known as the Dragon Children, and they develop great bonds and powers with and through their dragons.

So to play catch up (please let me know if you get lost):

Twenty years have passed with a great many of changes. The evil goddess Pandora has finally been vanquished, but at the expense of some great Dragon Children, angels, and much power of Iawia (the Creator of the Universe). Krangor has been fairly quiet for the past seventeen years, but new forces are shifting the balance of power. The daughter of the evil goddess, Adarah, has slowly and surely risen to power to reclaim her mother's throne. As Iawia weakens, her daughter Sophia is the next one in line to become the Goddess of Light and Good. A former member of the Dragon Children group called the Resistance, can she call uopn her old friends, their children, and new Dragon Children to help her bring order back to the world?

That's the basic story plot of what this is about. The original Dragon Children is a doozy to say the least. If you played in the original, I would love to now invite you back. You can play as your former characters (keep in mind 20 years have gone by) and new characters aswell. For newcomers, feel free to jump in and get your feet wet. If you have any questions, just holler and say so. :) Though he hasn't seen this yet, Rocklobster, you are my forced Co-GM.

That said....

Here's the stuff you want:
The different types are as follows:
Earth (Green)--controls plants and allows you to talk with animals other than with dragons.
Lightning (Gold)--controls lightning (self explanatory)
Fire (Red)--controls fire (duh)
Wind (White)--controls air. Can also fly without dragon's aid.
Water (Blue)--controls water. Can also combine with White Dragons to control weather.
Spirit (Silver)--controls "spirit energy". Allows you to read others' minds besides just your dragon. Can also heal others. (RARE; limit number)
Evil (Sinister)--controls "black magic". Allows you to do evil stuff
Here's what I need:
Name:
Eyes:
Hair:
Personality/Bio:
Dragon Type/Name:
Keep in mind, you are actually controlling two characters--your dragon and your human

If you want to play an angel, you must sumbit a character sheet WITHOUT dragon info to me and/or Rocklobster via PM for approval.. Angels cannot have dragons, but wield amazing power.

Okie dokie....with that all done...let's get some characters!
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:29 am

I'm reclaiming my characters from the original version!
Name: Joanne
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown
Personality/Bio: Joanne is the leader of the Resistance, having inherited the position from Sophia, who adopted her and her twin sister, Karin (pronounced Kah-reen) at a very young age when they were orphaned by the evil wizard Stephan. She is a very quiet person and keeps to herself at times, but once she gets to know you, she can be very kind and a good ally. Like most Silver Dragon children, she is a priestess of Iawia.
Dragon Type/Name: Silver/Kilin
Name: Karin
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Green
Personality/Bio: Karin is Joanne's fraternal twin sister. She wields tonfas and harbors much anger towards Pandora. She is very different from her sister. She is outspoken and quite action-oriented.
Dragon Type/Name: Nolk/Green
Name: Set
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Personality/Bio: Set was once one of Pandora's servants, but when he met Joanne he fell in love with her and was able to conquer his inner demons. Because of this, his dragon also changed, becoming its original color before Pandora had enchanted it. He is very protective of Joanne and is a perfect match for her.
I'll add Joanne and Set's child later when the story starts, as she is just now turning seven.
Dragon Type/Name:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Name: Eulalia (Yoo-lay-lee-uh.)

Eyes: Forest Green

Hair: Curly, red, tailbone-length hair in a braided bun, bangs.

Personality/Bio: Eulalia is a very curious, nosy, and sneaky girl. She can be a bit arrogant, which often leads to an embarassing or clumsy moment.
Eulalia grew up as an orphan, but she didn't seem lonely in the least, and even called the other children she didn't like her peasants and herself the queen. When the orphanage took each of the children to the Great Caves and a dragon chose her, they decided that since she was special, they would let her out of the orphanage and even offered to pay for a small house for Eulalia to live in. Being the arrogant type that she is, she accepted the offer without any hesitation.

Dragon Type/Name: Blue/Berenike (Ber-en-eye-kee.)
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Neat idea, a few questions:

Here it says that the setting is 'medieval' is it now 'late medieval'?

I can't find any indication of how big the dragons are supposed to be, I'm guessing they're more or less like HTTYD's Toothless, but I'm not sure....
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby rocklobster » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:22 pm

I'd say mid-medival. And the dragons are anywhere from 5-7 feet.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:24 pm

What kind of powers do angels have?
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:47 pm

rocklobster (post: 1496013) wrote:I'd say mid-medival. And the dragons are anywhere from 5-7 feet.

5-7 feet high? long?

I'm thinking of doing a white dragon, the guy's a fighter built like a tank, moves like a thief. Sound good?

Edit: is there an upper limit on character age, other than general mortality?
MomentOfInertia

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Name: Anei
Eyes: weirdly, they're red, almost glowing.
Hair: Thick wavy hair that come to her shoulders. The left half is black, and the white half white.
Personality/Bio: Anei is a person who thinks before she says something. In fact, she really doesn't talk that much.
Anei is Adarah's daughter, but unlike her mother, she doesn't desire to do evil. When she found Nix ant the age of 11 and bonded with him, she kept him a sectret from Adarah, knowing she would be angry if she found out about it. However, over the years it got harder to hide him. So at the start of the story she is escaping from the palace (I hope it's a palace...) and enters a forest nearby.
Dragon Type/Name: White/Nix
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Mister » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Name: Lann Asgarda
Eyes: Pale Blue
Hair: Hazel
Personality/Bio: Sober, Aloof, Ambitious, Spontaneous, Gentle. Lann was born in poverty, His father was a farmer, his family poor and weak. by the time he was only eight years of age, Pandora was beaten. Lann grew under the shadow of the Dragon Children, having been chosen at age seven to become a Dragon Child. Now, full grown and powerful, Lann seeks nothing but the strongest fighters in the land. His mission, to become the greatest and strongest warrior-mage, weilding sword and magic with equal aptitude. Though he seeks to be the greatest, Lann is a devout follower of Adarah, the daughter of Pandora.
Dragon Type/Name: Red/Sajuuk
Dragon Bio: Sajuuk was weary of his partner at first, the silent young boy was strange compaired ot the few other Dragon Children he'd known. Most were friendly and talkative, but Lann was silent, and aloof. Sajuuk quickly came to enjoy the boy's ambitions and natural skills in combat. Sajuuk is smaller than most dragons, not tiny, but not full hight yet longer than most. Sajuuk stands at nine feet tall, and fifty four and a quarter feet long. Yet he is no less vicious or powerful, than his larger kin, yet often much more agile and quick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Whoa! Questions...okay.....here goes....

-Dragons are going to be fairlly large. You can specify how large the dragon is and more about the dragon in your bio sheet (which would be MOST appreciated). Size can range depending on the power and age of the dragon.

-By time setting, the easiest thing I can compare it to is Tolkienish. Middle Earth. No fancy tech.....

-Your character can be as young or old as you desire. Just be reasonable. Dragons and holy/demonic beings can be in the 100s+.

-The ability of the angels are great and ranging depending where the are in the hierarchy. Some angels are arch, healing, fighting, etc. I am very willing to work with those who want angel characters to guarantee everyone's happy.

Okay.....new adjustments....

**Would love dragon bios.....but can live without**

**Limit 5 new angels....sorry....**

**Looking for 5 demons; same method applies as to making angels...PM me first please**

Like you saw with Rock's characters, many old characters are being brought back for the story. PLEASE don't feel confused or worried. Once I figure out all of whose coming back, I'll post a brief background if you guys would like. It's all about who you serve. If you're GOOD, then:
Iawia= mother and main goddess (currently dying)
Sophia= daughter of Iawia; was born as a human and died as a sacrifice; acting head goddess
Ariel= daughter of Sophia; deals alot with rewards and punishments
If bad:
Pandora= former Goddess of Evil; murdered by her sister Iawia (revenge motif)
Adarah= daughter of Pandora; current ruling goddess of evil and spiritual realm of evil called Heilgrad.

I'll put character sheets up for those main characters and some others here in the next few days to clear up the air some. Again, if any confusion, PLEASE PM me and let me know! I want to help any way I can!

Rockie: Approved!

Miss Ally: Approved! (Sounds kinda like a former character from the first story :D)

Miss Dia: ....hmmm....interesting.....I had not planned on Adarah having children because she is so young. She was only an infant when the first story ended. PM me so we can pan this out please ma'am. :)

Mr. Mister: Approved....but...(sorry I'm really tired)....is Lann on the bad side?

OH!!!!

One more thing!

Just to let y'all know, the main good/evil characters (GODDESSES) will be taken care of between me and Rockie. Rockie is generally the Good Guy, so any good questions, you can ask him about too. I'm the Wicked Witch so to speak, so anything evil, please come on down!

Sorry......long post.

-
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Mister » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Sorry for not explaining that Phantom, he is on the bad side, (i edited earlier post).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:41 pm

@Mr. Mister: A good guy with an evil dragon?! The plot thickens! Great!

Here's one of mine that I'm bringing back; goddesses will follow soon!

Name: Aaliyah; High Angel of Death
Description: feminine and strong frame; olive tanned skin; long silver hair; intense indigo eyes; wears elaborate, form-fitting robes of black and red; wings are large and resemble that of a falcon
Personality/Bio: Formally the human known as Saiyanna Donelbaine, a duchess of the realm controlled by Pandora, she forebidingly bonded with a white dragon named Nefron and was brutally punished and raped at the age of 16. She feld and joined the Resistance but soon joined the forces of Pandora for power and revenge. Uopn turning evil, her bond with her dragon was severed and she became a pawn and Dark Sorceress. In order to save her, Iawia and Pandora bartered for her soul; her soul was split and what small pure was saved and created into the angel Aaliyah. (The other half, Saiyang, was defeated and sent to Heilgrad.) Since then, Aaliyah has worked up the ranks as the main Angel of Death and Vengence; she is married to an Arch Angel named Micheal and has a son named Rapheal.
Abilities: flight; some wind control (from her former dragon bond); can cut any object (including the gates to Heilgrad with her Angelic Sickle, Midreth); can insinerate people/dragons/things and open the portal to send them to Heilgrad or Aldelphe (Heaven).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dragon Name: Nefron
Type: White Wind Mage
Background: former dragon to human Saiyanna (but still on good terms with her angelic self); mate to Minerva; a figurehead of the Resistance; has only one eye from battle
Personality: Leadership-driven, but very kind, compassionate, and humorous, Nefron wants to welcome everyone and do all he can to help Sophia and Aldelphe.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:07 pm

I'll put out Berenike's dragon bio. C=

Dragon Name: Berenike

Type: Blue Water Mage (Not sure if the mage part was supposed to be asked about or not. I'm just copying Phantom, in a way. :P )

Background: Eulalia's only companion as well as her guardian.

Personality: A stern, sometimes slightly mean, dragon who also has a caring and motherly side. Though it doesn't always show, she loves Eulalia as if she were her own.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:39 pm

@Miss Ally: Looks good! Just remember there are usually one or two dragon mages to their element. I know you are more than capable, so I can't wait to see where you'll go with your characters. Approved!
Phantom_Sorano

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:36 am

One last question; the human/dragon bond seems to be pretty strong, does it include a telepathic component? actually some more background info on the bond would be nice too.

I'll try to get My char out later today, tomorrow at the latest.
MomentOfInertia

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:10 am

Phantom_Sorano (post: 1496267) wrote:@Miss Ally: Looks good! Just remember there are usually one or two dragon mages to their element. I know you are more than capable, so I can't wait to see where you'll go with your characters. Approved!

Oh. O_O Really? Thanks for approving, but is it all right if I change Berenike to a regular dragon? I mean, I'm sure it would be fun for her to be a mage and all, but I'm still a bit new to rping and I wasn't a member yet when the first Dragon Children rp was created, so I wouldn't be sure what to make her do.

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:14 pm

@Miss Ally: Hon, you can do whatever you like. I stated the limit on mages because I didn't want a huge number of them. I've seen your rpg style and know you are more than capable. It just means Berenike will have increased powers and be one of the main figures to help decide things for the Resistance. So far, there are two dragon mages (3 on rare occasions because she's in Adelphe) that are returning, so I would love to have more. But it all comes down to what you want. I know this all seems nuts with the back info, but I want everyone's creative freedom to create a better second edition. :)
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Actually, Joanne is also a Mage. It's part of her position as High Priestess. Oh, and Ally, how about making it like your character sees Joanne and Karin as a lower status than herself but still respects them because they're her elders?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:54 pm

**Human mages= knock yourself out**
**Dragon mages= 1-2 per element**
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Masquerade1412 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:14 pm

I will try to make a character soon, but I am awaiting some info from the Rock.

I should be done by Saturday!
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Name: Anei
Eyes: weirdly, they're red, almost glowing.
Hair: Thick wavy hair that come to her shoulders. The left half is black, and the white half white.
Personality/Bio: Anei is a person who thinks before she says something. In fact, she really doesn't talk that much.
Anei is Adarah's half-sister, her father being a human who died before she was born. Unlike her sister, Anei doesn't wish to do evil, which made her sister suspicious of her. When she was 10, Anei found Len, and bonded with him. Anei kept him a secret from Adarah, knowing she wouldn't like it. 4 years later Anei discovers Adarah's greatest weakness completely by accident. Fearing for her life, she kept quiet. Unfortunately one of Adarah's spies knew about both her knowledge and about Len. Quickly she told Adarah. Adarah was furious, and plotted to murder Anei on the quiet. Len happened to be listening from a nearby window, and realizing Anei's life was in danger, hewent to her and told her. To escape Adarah's wrath, they fled to a forest that was some distance away.
Dragon Type/Name: White/Len
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:31 pm

@ Mr. Masq: If you have any questions, you can ask me too because I know Rockie is currently working out of state.

@Miss Dia: Looks great! Double approved!

Also, Mister had a cool concept for the dragons, so I'm posting it here.Consider it when choosing a dragon.

Earth/ Solid, Sure/Confident.
Lightning/Boisterous, Impulsive.
Fire/ Greedy, Selfserving.
Wind/Holy, Gentle.
Water/Humorous, PLayful.
Spirit/Wise, Cunning.
Evil/Traitorous, Sadistic
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Ok, i was going to wait until the story starts, but I just got a brainstorm I have to share with you folks. First of all, Joanne is at the point in her career where she has to take on an apprentice. The apprentice has to have a Silver dragon, as only they can be priests or priestesses. I'd like to have someone else play this character, but if no one wants to, I'll add it to my list of characters I'm playing.
Second, it's time I introduce one of Joanne's kids. Since this is the only one who will be involved, here's what you need to know about her.
Name: Reika
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown. Tends to wear it like Princess Leia's in Star Wars: A New Hope.
Personality/Bio: Reika is the oldest of Joanne's two (going on three) children. She is quite rebellious and playful. Joanne was originally going to give her one of Minerva and Nefron's offspring, but she got a message from Sophia saying she must let Reika choose her own path. So she is taking Reika to get her own dragon instead.
Dragon Type/Name: To be revealed in story.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:52 am

Hey all! It's been great getting all of your questions. If we can get a few more people on board, I'll send this sucker for approval.

Now the bad part....

NO more WHITE dragons.....everybody wants one, so we've hit our current limit.

That's pretty much it. I'll be posting the goddess' profiles soon. :)
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:11 am

Name: Ai
Eyes: Bright blue
Hair: Thick wavy hair that's bright red. She lets it flow free.
Personality/Bio: Outgoing, though kind of outspoken and headstrong.
As a baby she was found at the door of the temple of Iawia. She was taken in and is now an apprentice under Joanne.
Dragon Type/Name: Silver/Akita
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:31 pm

@Miss Dia: Looks like youve been talking with Rockie. Approved.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:17 am

Agree with Soran. Please, more villains. Adarah isn't really someone who likes to get her hands dirty, that's what she has minions for.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Name: Cathair Donovan “Donâ€
MomentOfInertia

Postby rocklobster » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:24 pm

I think it's great. Is he an anti-hero? I've always liked those. I promised Masquerade I'd wait on him before I send this in, so that's what we're doing.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Twister980 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Name: Eruan
Eyes: Dark blue
Hair: Red
Personality/Bio: A kind, sometimes snarky, teenager. Has trouble controlling his emotions, and they generally get the best of him. But when he thinks it through, he usually makes the right decision. He stands at about 5'9, he's small for his age, but he uses that to
his advantage. Because of his height, people normally don't expect him to be much of a threat, but he makes up for it with his skill with a blade. His blade Bedaestael, is a sword passed down through his family, his father gave it to him before he died.
Dragon Type: Ice.
Dragon Name: Saphira

Bio: Her name comes for a tale of old, a tale told to few, and they are strictly told not to spread it. Saphira goes against the elements,
with blue scales, but has the ability to breath fire. She has grown to be about 5 feet long, and two feet tall. Her wings are small compared to all the others.
Image Image "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Twister980

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying