Star Trek: Lost Frontier

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Star Trek: Lost Frontier

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:44 am

Space: the lost frontier. The United Federation of Planets has been decimated by plague and civil war. Once great empires have fallen or faded on the wings of history. In the wake of these events, new factions arose; ruled by criminal guilds or opportunistic corporations. But the Federation has one last chance to reunite the lost planets.
This is an RP inspired by a Star Trek podcast I found called Star Trek: The Lost Frontier. As you can tell by my intro, the UFP as we knew it in the Star Trek programs no longer exists. You can play a member of one of the following factions:
1. Starfleet (the good guys)--If you are in Starfleet, you will be on the new flagship, Enterprise-F.
2. The One True Federation--A faction created by a corporation called Equity Corps, who believe that humans should be the only dominant species in the galaxies. They seek to conquer all planets and enslave them or worse.
Here's the character sheet:
Name: Include your character's rank. No civilians allowed.
Faction:
Position: (what you're doing in your faction: medical, engineering, etc)
Species: (you can use any species that is found on Star Trek shows. If you wish to make up your own, that's fine. However, you must give me a description of the species so I can see if it fits the Star Trek mythos. Note: I will not allow anyone to play any Q. Their powers will make it way too easy to god-mode.
Physical Description:
Personality:
Bio:
Here's my first character as an example:
Name: Captain Gary Kaslan
Faction: Starfleet
Position: Captain of the Enterprise-F.
Species: Human
Physical Description: Gary has dark skin, brown hair and hazel green eyes.
Personality: Gary is a shrewd strategist. He realizes the field of battle is not as clear-cut as it once was and sometimes it's best to play against what people expect.
Bio: Captain Gary Kaslan joined Starfleet as soon as he was old enough, driven by visions of grandeur. After many battles, he became disillusioned and left just as the civil war had reached a stalemate. Starfleet found him and talked him into rejoining.
And to help you people who wish to create your own species, here's another character to help you out in that area:

Name: Chief Nyssa Zelkin
Position: Security chief
Species: Trake
Physical Description: Nyssa appears humanoid. She has green eyes and dark red hair.
Personality: Nyssa is usually someone who only socializes with those she can trust. This is because she can hear people's thoughts. She is usually a kind person, but if you give her a reason to be otherwise, she can be a formidable opponent.
Bio: Nyssa is one of the few remaining members of her species, who once lived on the planet Traken. Traken is one of the planets that was conquered by the One True Federation. When Starfleet reformed, she joined for revenge. She won't tell anyone, but at night, she often dreams of those who died at the hands of Equity Corps. She claims she can still hear their thoughts.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:49 am

What different species are there?
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:04 am

Here's a wiki link that will show you all the different species in Star Trek:click here
Also, I will not be using the Borg in my story. They've been pretty much wiped out by the time my story starts. I'd suggest being Vulcan or Betazoid. They're my favorite ones. Here's some info on them.
The Vulcans have pointed ears and are extremely intelligent, and appear to be emotionless, however they really are just able to control their emotions so their actions aren't controlled by them...most of the time. They can also mindmeld.
The Betazoid have the ability to read emotions and communicate telepathically. They look human, except that they have black irises.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:17 am

Thanks! And you said civilians aren't allowed? Not even a stowaway?
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Mister » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:51 am

D.D. always does stowaways XD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Diamond Dragon (post: 1491151) wrote:Thanks! And you said civilians aren't allowed? Not even a stowaway?

Actually, I guess you could play a stowaway, after all Star Trek: Voyager had two stowaways who eventually became crewmembers (one of them was a favorite character of mine. She eventually became the nurse. Shame she didn't stay on the show for its entire length. But then, we got Seven of Nine out of the deal, so it wasn't so bad...:sweat:)It's just that times aren't as peaceful as they were in Star Trek of old, so Starfleet's not in the mood to let people bring their families on board like they used to.
Oh, and if you need any help figuring out how to play certain races, don't hesitate to PM me. I'm a true Trekkie, so I'll be happy to help.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Mister (post: 1491177) wrote:D.D. always does stowaways XD!

That's because I don't like playing characters that are 15 and up. XD

Name: Shiroi - None
Position: stowaway
Species: Betazoid
Physical Description: Image (except with black eyes)
Personality: Shiroi is outspoken and often aggressive. She has a hard time trusting people, even though she can read thier minds.
Bio: May I reveal the the RP please?
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Wind » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:24 pm

heres my character its about time we had a trek based Rp here hahaha

Name: Lieutenent Commander Raiza Dax
Species:1/2 Trill 1/2 Krilan
Host Age: 20
Symbiot Age: 950
Position: I am a botanist by profession but a freedom fighter by necessity. I came to the enterprise to free my people from Oppression that exists on Trill.
Personality: Shes very strong and protective and she protects people at all costs.

The Krilan- a race of cat like shapeshifters who are similar to the Changelings from the Gamma quadrant except they chose to keep a Neko llike appearance at all times. They also have a symbiotic relationship with their planet and have interbred with Trill somewhat but its not common.

Physical Description:Image

Hey Rocky could you Please PM me too when this starts it would help me to remember about it.
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:17 am

Sure. The pic is great, btw. Oh, and is she the latest host for Dax from DS9?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Name: Jason Newgate-Commander.
Position: Second-in-Command of the Enterprise-F.
Species: Human.
Physical Description: Red Hair, Blue eyes, and about 6"1 in height.
Personality: Hardworking, Patient, and Kind individual.
Bio: When the call was made. Jason joined starfleet to protect his home. He thought it was the best course of action at the time of joining plus it had many benifits for going into officer school.

Hope that's up to spec Rock.
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:59 pm

I'm gonna redo my profile.

Name: Aisu Gogyou - none
Position: stowaway
Species: Mairou, which is similar to a mermaid. They have both a land form and a sea form; the sea form is much stronger than in the land form. They also have the ability to communicate to any sea creature, and are very skilled in healing.
Sea Form: http://www.christiananime.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35719&d=1306812316
Land Form: http://www.christiananime.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35718&d=1306812309
Personality: Aisou is very quite, only saying something when she absolutely has to. She has trouble trusting people, but if she gets close to someone, you can guarantee her loyalty to that person.
Bio: I still want to reveal it in the RP.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:46 am

Um, why not play both characters? BTW, I'm kind of bending the rules with your mermaid. I'm not sure merfolk would really work in Star Trek. But then, I think I read a Star Trek book with an underwater civilization in it, so I wonder why the official people never thought of it.
BTW, we could use a villain or two, folks.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:51 am

Sorry, I edited. The top part wasn't supposed to be there!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Don't forget people we need a security chief. That is needed quite alot in my oppinion.
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:57 pm

Derek_Is_Me (post: 1493204) wrote:Don't forget people we need a security chief. That is needed quite alot in my oppinion.

Rock already has one, in the OP.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 pm

lol, I forgot. My bad.

Derek_Is_Me

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Will submit this tomorrow.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Awesome can't wait.

Derek_Is_Me

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Alright! Thanks rock!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:49 am

Just a little something you should know: The story will be kind of slow. Using my iPod to post on CAA is rather slow. Not because of the connection, but because I can only use my thumbs, rather than all my fingers like when I use a computer.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:10 am

goldenspines

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:11 pm

The story will be starting tomorrow. We will be docking the Enterprise-F at a Deep Space station I made up so we won't crossover into DS9's storyline. (Mostly because I want our story to be a separate entity. I'm not quite sure what everyone from the different Star Trek shows has been up to.)

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Understood Rock!! *salutes* :3
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Looking forward to starting. Whether that be today or tomorrow. ^^

Derek_Is_Me

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying