Pokemon: The Truth

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Masquerade1412 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 pm

.....Where....Where am I?

Zeke opened his eyes to a world of darkness. Nothing above, nothing below.

Strange. I can see my hands, but...there's nothing else here! Nothing except...a door?

A large wooden door stood in front of Zeke. It looked really heavy, but when Zeke touched it, it gave way easily. I wonder what's inside.....

Masquerade1412

Postby raider~joseph » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Occ:Careful Phantom.Reaver could take out 20 marine snipers out using only a slice of pie and the blunt end of a plastic knife.And you never know where he is gonna pop up.I'm waiting for Dia to post.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:10 pm

"Well how do you know Zeke is a telepath?" asked Athena. As for staying until Zeke was better, Athena felt maybe it was the best thing to do. She had nothing else to do really.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Masquerade1412 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:38 pm

OCC: Welcome to Wonderland.

Zeke squinted as he entered the room. The walls were pure white, and lights shone from the ceiling, making it nearly impossible to see. After a few minutes, the lights dimmed. Zeke saw that, once again, the room was empty, with one exception. This time, a suit of armor stood in the center of the room, complete with helmet, sword, and gauntlets.

"This is one detailed dream....or is it a nightmare?" mused Zeke.

"It is what you make it to be."

Zeke whirled around, looking for the source of the mysterious voice. "Who's there?" he asked.

Silence.

Zeke looked at the armor again. It had changed slightly. At first the ground beneath it was white, like the floor and the walls; now, a shadow had begun to form. The shadow grew behind the armor until it covered the wall behind it.

Zeke jumped when the armor lifted its helmet. It almost looked like it was looking at him. Then the armor spoke, "You must go now."

Zeke stared. "Why? What's going on?"

"The Shadow is growing. I cannot control it for long. You must leave quickly."

"Are you a knight?"

"Yes."

"Then why can't you slay it or something?"

"I am afraid."

Zeke cocked his head to the side. "Afraid? You're a knight! You can fight a demon or...whatever that is."

The knight hung his head. "How can anyone defeat their own shadow?"

The Shadow sprang from the wall and enveloped the knight in a swirling mass of darkness. The knight reached out to Zeke. "Go. Now!"

Zeke was petrified. Wha...What's going on?!

The sphere of darkness disappeared. In its place, a black clad knight stood with its sword drawn. [color="Black"]"Are you ready to die?"[/color]

"Um....I think I'll pass!"

Zeke ran back toward the door, with the black knight right behind him. He reached for the handle, but there was only a wall. The knight thrust its sword, but Zeke jumped out of the way, causing the sword to get stuck in the wall. Cracks shot out from the sword. The walls shook and began to shatter. The dark knight was knocked off his feet. Zeke tried to lean against the wall for support. However, like the door, it too had disappeared. Zeke once again fell into the darkness. Zeke landed with a thud, yet he was completely unharmed.

Great...back to where we started...Note to self: No more river water!

OCC: In case you are wondering, Zeke's having one of those "Dream Metaphor" moments. So I am not only developing my character, but I am also making a story! (I will only continue once someone else posts, so let's keep this story going!)
Masquerade1412

Postby raider~joseph » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 am

Somewhere the old man was attempting to channel some mental force."He found one.If he doesn't survive...I understand...but!How can you say that?....valid point.Fine but I'm still severing Demi hold from him.If they try to interfere it will be repelled."

Occ:I think I understand where your going with this.This so no ncps interfere.

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Masquerade1412 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 pm

OCC: I believe I have some loose ends to tie up...But just so EVERYONE knows, I have changed Flare's name to "Willow". Now, on to the story!

Once the lights on the intersection of 5th and Elm turned red, Rune and Willow scrambled across the street, searching for the hospital Zeke had been transported to.

[color="Red"]"How many hospitals are IN this town?!"[/color] complained Willow.

[color="Silver"]"Do you really have to ask?"[/color] replied Rune.

They had already tried 2 different hospitals, but neither of them was the hospital the ambulance was from.

[color="Red"]"Remind me again how you know which hospital it is?"[/color]

[color="Silver"]"Zeke taught me how to read. Sort of, anyway. Just various words of importance, like "Escape", "Exit", "Ambulance", "Walk", "Don't Wa--"[/color]

[color="Red"]"I get the idea!"[/color]

The duo ran 4 blocks and came to the third hospital. [color="Silver"]"I...think....this is....it!"[/color] panted Rune.

Willow, also panting, said, "[color="red"]"Let's hope so!"[/color]

The doors opened automatically. The lobby was blindingly white, all the way to the furniture. [color="silver"]Don't you worry, Zeke....We're on our way![/color]
Masquerade1412

Postby raider~joseph » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:42 pm

"Athena we should find Rune.I'm surprised they are separated.Ummmmm wait who will go and who will stay?"Rio went to the restroom in the lobby and saw Rune and Willow."RUNE!Zeke is this way!"Rio said waving his arms over his head.

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Masquerade1412 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:28 am

Rune grinned. [color="Silver"]"Perfect. That will save us time."[/color]

Willow and Rune hurried after the Riolu. [color="Red"]Hold on, Zeke!....Hold on...[/color]
Masquerade1412

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:13 pm

"I'll stay." said Athena, not feeling like going anywhere at the moment.

Bolt and Phantom also noticed Willow and Rune. They watched as they ran towards Zeke's room. "You think Zeke's gonna be ok?" Bolt asked Phantom worriedly. "Who knows?" was the reply.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Masquerade1412 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Zeke laid on the floor. He didn't attempt to move. After all, it was only a dream, right? Zeke rolled over and caught a glimpse of another door. This one was slightly more elegant than the last one, with pearls adorning it and painted a creamy-white.

....oh....man, do I really have to? Zeke forced himself up and shakily got onto his feet. If there's a vampire behind Door Number 2, then I am gonna slam the door in the pasty guy's face!

Zeke reached for the doorknob and turned, but the door wouldn't open. Locked?...In a dream?...Seriously?! A ray of light shone from the keyhole. Oh, a "catch a glimspse" dream!...I haven't had one of those in a while! Zeke bent down on one knee and peered into the room.

A pale girl with long hair and a white dress stood alone in the room. Zeke tried to see if he knew who she was, but her hair covered her eyes. ...They're probably blood red anyway...

The girl moved towards a piece of furniture covered by a sheet. She reached and whipped the sheet off of a mirror. The mirror itself was a work of art, but Zeke was more interested in what was in the mirror. Instead of a beautiful, young girl, a beast appeared in the mirror! The beast was large, covered with fur, and had very, very, very sharp claws. Yet, for some reason, the girl didn't run away. She wasn't scared or frightened, but angry!

"My perfect world," she said in a harsh voice, "my world would be perfect if you would just disappear! And now." The girl drew a dagger from out of nowhere and continued, "Now you will be destroyed!"
The girl attacked the mirror with such ferocity, Zeke had difficulty figuring out which was the monster. Shards flew out from the mirror, cutting the girl, but she did not stop the onslaught. "JUST. GO. AWAY!!"

Zeke grabbed the knob and tried to force the door open. "Come on! This is a dream, right? Then...OPENSESAME!!"

[color="Black"]"Move."[/color]

Zeke jumped to the right. If Zeke had not jumped out of the way for a fraction of a second longer , then he would have been impaled by a long black sword. The Black Knight had returned.

"Y-you're here!?"

The knight did not notice but instead hacked the door to pieces, then he proceeded to kick the door down. [color="black"]"Stop, Milady!"[/color]

The girl froze. "Who are you?"

The Dark Knight began to fade, his dark armor replaced with shining white. "It is I."

"Why are you trying to stop me?"

"If you succeed in destroying the mirror, then you will also destroy yourself!"

The girl was silent. The White Knight stepped closer. "The mirror only shows what the person standing in front of it wants to see. If he wants to see his beauty, then the mirror will show a handsome man. If she wants to find an imperfection..." The knight stopped inches from the girl's cut face. "She will find nothing but a monster."

The girl began to weep. "What have I done?" She leaned onto the knight and cried.

The knight looked down at the girl and held her close. Zeke, on the other hand, was confused. ...Wait a sec....If this is MY dream...Then shouldn't I be the hero?! Zeke stepped through the shattered remains of the door, only to find out that a section of the floor had disappeared.

...Here we go again..., Zeke thought as he tumbled head first into the darkness.
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby Michael Lance » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:24 pm

[Meanwhile, in Pallet Town...]

"Hitmonlee, use Rapid Kick!"

The enemy Alakazam didn't stand a chance.

*BAMBAMBAMBAMBAM!*

The blows landed in rapid succession, leaving a crestfallen Pokemon trainer with a dazed, battered, and fainted Alakazam - the most powerful, and more importantly, last Pokemon in the young Trainer's arsenal.

"Hitmonlee, return!" Jarrod held out a gleaming Poke Ball, retrieving his Hitmonlee in a flash of red light. "Good job, kid. You almost had that badge. Train some more, and come back when you feel ready. Take your time, too - I'm not going anywhere." He gave the young trainer a thumbs-up and a small grin as he left, hoping that the guy wouldn't give up after his defeat.

Little did Jarrod know, it was not the last time he would see the young trainer. Not by a long shot...
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby Masquerade1412 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:01 am

OCC: Um....Hello, Michael Lance, I don't believe we've met! I'm glad you're interested in joining, but.....We don't know anything about your character! If you would be so kind as to post your character's information in the Ideas thread, I'm sure the GMs will let you join!
(Now, if you survive is an entirely different matter.....)
Sincerely,
Masquerade1412

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:44 pm

Athena turned around when Zeke's Pokemon suddenly charged into the room. "Hey, where have you been?" she asked Rune. Then she turned to Willow. "Who are you?" she asked.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Masquerade1412 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:00 pm

The Flareon jumped and hurried over to Rune. [color="Red"]"She can talk to us too?"[/color]

[color="Silver"]"Yes. The other boy can as well. They are the only ones that I know of though, so don't expect many more."[/color]

Willow regained her composure and walked back to Athena. [color="Red"]"My name is Willow, like "Will-O-Wisp". What's yours?"[/color]

OCC: Now, the moment we have all been waiting for. Let us begin the Final Act!

Zeke continued to fall. Or was he floating? He wasn't quite sure now. It seemed like he had fallen into the End of Time itself, surrounded by nothingness everywhere. ...Maybe...I'm dead....And this is Heaven?.....Nope....I'm in Hell.....Funny, I always thought there would be fire and brimstone!....

Curiously, he began to laugh. Not at an echo of a remembered joke or a similar predicament, but at himself. The promises he made that he can never keep, the words carelessly tossed out, the words he should have said, they all passed through his mind. "I guess....this is the end."

[color="DarkOrchid"]"Is that what you believe?"[/color]

Zeke shot up and flailed around in the darkness. "Xatu!?"

[color="darkorchid"]"This is not the end, dear child. It is only the beginning!"[/color]

Zeke saw nothing. He could only hear the voice of Xatu over his heartbeat. "So...I'm not dead?"

[color="DarkOrchid"]"You are alive, yes, but asleep."[/color]

"So...Is this a Nightmare?"

Zeke could hear the laughter in Xatu's voice as he said, [color="DarkOrchid"]"If it were, you would be in pain. Seeing as you are perfectly content, my guess is that you are having a normal dream."[/color]

"Oh...then...Why can't I wake up?"

[color="DarkOrchid"]"....Do you see that door over there?"[/color]

Zeke looked over his shoulder and saw a large white door. "Yes."

[color="DarkOrchid"]"Try to open it."[/color]

Zeke "swam" over to the door. There was no handle or door knob, but he noticed that there was a small key hole in the center of the door.

[color="DarkOrchid"]"The door before you is the hidden portions of your mind. Only those who are chosen can open it."[/color]

"But, how do I do that?"

[color="DarkOrchid"]"Try to call the key to you. Think about what the key would look like and picture it within your mind. If you are chosen, the key will appear before you"[/color]

Zeke closed his eyes. A cold chill pressed against his hand. He opened his eyes and saw a small bronze key sitting in the palm of his hand. He inserted the key into the door and turned. Bright light radiated from the door, blinding Zeke. The light enveloped him, and he began to rise swiftly into the air.

[color="DarkOrchid"]"You have been chosen. Congratulations, the power of the Mind is now yours to wield. Use it wisely..."[/color]

Zeke opened his eyes. He was staring at the ceiling. He looked at his hand. Strangely, a picture of an eye had appeared in the palm of his left hand. He tried to sit up, but he immediately felt nauseous and laid back down.
"Hehe....Finally back."
Sincerely,
Masquerade1412

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:53 pm

"I'm Athena." said Athena, flashing a very rare smile. Then she suddenly heard Zeke and looked towards him. "Hey, your awake..." she said.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Masquerade1412 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:19 pm

EEP!

Zeke almost jumped at the sound of Athena's voice. "OH, A-Athena, um, w-what are you doing here? On another note, why am I here?"
Masquerade1412

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:56 pm

"You fainted." said Athena simply. Just then Phantom and Bolt entered. "Looks like he's awake." observed Phantom cooly after glancing at Zeke.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby raider~joseph » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:18 pm

"Hey Zeke your awake!What happened to you we were worried sick!"Joseph came in through the door Rio and Kunai jumped when they saw him.

"Hey excuse me I am looking for a Zeke..."A man in a black cloak with wings and a scythe walked in a looked at Zeke."DANG IT THATS THE 8TH TIME TODAY!"He walked out."Did anyone else see that?"Joseph said blankly."If I say no will everyone else?"Said Rio.

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Masquerade1412 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Zeke looked at Joseph. Then he pulled the sheet over his head. "I must still be dreaming."

Rune and Willow stared at each other. ...Why does he have to have such crazy friends?... They thought simultaneously.
Sincerely,
Masquerade1412

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:29 pm

Athena raised an eyebrow. "Ooookay....that was weird and creepy." she muttered under her breath. Bolt and Phantom looked blankly at each other.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby raider~joseph » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:32 am

"So Zeke you ok?Something seems...off."Said Joseph."I know what you need you need food is that it?Please say yes..."Said Joseph as his stomach began to grumble.

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Masquerade1412 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Zeke slowly sat up in his bed. ...how long have I been asleep?....Probably not too long....

"....Okay. I guess I could use something to eat." He looked around and saw a pitcher on the windowsill. Zeke pointed to it with his left hand. "But could you pass me some water first?" His eyes widened as the pitcher seemed to twitch. ...Huh?...
Masquerade1412

Postby raider~joseph » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:12 pm

"Did anyone else see that?"said Kunai."It moved.Wow...must have been my wild..."he was cut off."Did you have any strange dreams?!When you were asleep?!"Joseph leaned into Zeke(But not too much).

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Masquerade1412 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:41 pm

"Um...." Zeke looked away and stared at the wall. "Maybe...I...Don't really remember..." Images flashed through his mind: a black knight, a weeping princess, a shining door.
Masquerade1412

Postby raider~joseph » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:26 am

"Its just...on the day I...um...well a long time ago...after something...horrible happened I passed out and had a dream...it was me...I was in a maze and I was nothing.No face no head no body...nothing.I couldn't feel the air or the ground.I couldn't hear...I couldn't even see...it was hard to describe...I like knew what was around me but it was like I couldn't see anyway I was alone...I was so depressed I thought of ending it all right then and there but I was too lonely...I needed someone.So I went into the maze...I found a knight's helm and put it on and I could see.I went along and found two arms clad in armor and gauntlets.So I put them on...I found a suit of armor,iron leggings,and a sword and shield before I was put together again...eventually I found a room at the end of the maze with a mirror and as I looked in it I saw my armor vanish and reveal myself beneath it...I was put together again.The knight whos armor that was came behind me and told me:
"My armor is thy skin to cover thee.My eyes be thy own so thou can see as I see.My sword and shield be yours to defend thy self and arm thy self for battle to protect thee.And I shall give these gifts with thy brotherhood as the price for without it my own power be not thy own.But with bonds of love come the power you have...the power of bonding."

"I woke up...the next day...I learned I could do something...but...it...so...um...do you feel...odd?"

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Masquerade1412 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Zeke thought for a minute. ....the knight....Could it be?...But that would mean...! His eyes glanced at Athena, but he looked away before she noticed. ...I...Don't feel..weird or anything...Just...Confused, I guess...

Rune stared at Zeke. What are you hiding from me?

I'll tell you later.

Both Rune and Zeke's eyes widened. Rune actually started shaking a little. Willow, on the other hand, yawned. She hadn't had anything fun to do.

Zeke just put a smile on his face, like a mask disguising his confusion. "I'm just fine. Now, let's get out of this hospital. I hate the smell of disinfectant."
Sincerely,
Masquerade1412

Postby Michael Lance » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Maybe I should introduce myself...

I'm Jarrod. Jarrod J. Turner. You may be wondering how I managed to beat an Alakazam using a Hitmonlee... I'll never tell :grin:

... Oh, fine. But you have to promise not to tell anyone - ESPECIALLY not Gary. Over the years, I've learned a way to train Pokemon in a way that lets them slowly build a resistance to element types that they're normally extremely weak against. Although I can't reveal all of the details, I'll give you a few pointers: To begin with, you're going to need two pokemon: one to train normally, and the other to build up its resistance to the first pokemon's attack type - for instance, I trained both my Hitmonlee and my Hitmonchan with Gardvoir, a Psychic-Type Pokemon.

Unfortunately, this transmission must be cut short, due to lack of energy. :stressed:
Until we meet again... J. J. Turner.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby raider~joseph » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Occ:Dude seriously...did you even read the rules for rpgs?Not being mean.Actual question?I am more then happy to let you on but you have to read the rules in the pokemon the truth thread:

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=58587&highlight=pokemon+truth

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Michael Lance » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:17 pm

AAACK. Sorry again >_< I didn't even know that there were rules to this one... aaack...
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby Masquerade1412 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:56 pm

OCC: Rule number 1: If you want to say something "out of character", place the letters OCC before it.

2. put a character bio on the "New RP Ideas" thread.

3. Play as your character within the currently moving story, like, if you read back a few, you were at the Pokemon Center when Zeke collapsed and went to find out, but came a little too late. Then, you could meet us at the next gym, or something.
Sincerely,
Masquerade1412

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying