Altitude: Islands in the Sky

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Altitude: Islands in the Sky

Postby goldenspines » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:17 pm

GMs are Davidizer13 and Acgifford.

Have fun and play safe!
goldenspines

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:32 pm

OOC: Well, let us get cracking!

Serpent Rising (Land Arc)
---
Truce Bashinet, captain of the Tiamat, was praying.

It had taken a while, but he had finally found religion, sitting behind a crate of porcelain plates. He stared up at the steel trusses above him, silently petitioning the god who was somewhere beyond the corrugated roof of this storehouse here in Treyard. He hadn't done this whole praying thing very often, but it seemed like it was the right thing to do right about now. His crew was nowhere to be seen, he was in a strange place...he might as well make his peace while he could.

Something pinged loudly against a metal pillar a few feet away, followed by a sharp crack, from somewhere on the other side of his crate. Broken out of his new-found piety, he pushed himself up and glanced above the stack of goods. Another shot - it punched through the wood of the crate and rattled against the plates. He took a deep breath, then ran behind a stack of boxes off to his left. A couple more bullets made vicious splats behind him, just barely missing him as he slid the last few inches.

It was supposed to be a pretty easy deal. He had stood to make some serious money by selling a bunch of tropical fruit to a buyer with branches through most of the northern continent. Of course, with a bit of misrepresentation of how much he was selling, he stood to make even more money. Buyers didn't like that, and unfortunately for Truce, they had misrepresented the number of armed goons they had brought with them. They had sent the crew Truce had brought with him to seal the deal running into the warehouse. Hopefully.

He checked his pockets for his pistol, silently panicking when he didn't find it. Of course, he thought, I left it back when they told me to check it, coming in the door. Quietly, he admired the precautions his enemies had taken, taking advantage of the fact that he had failed to prepare for that one. He hated carrying a gun, and when they had given him the option to get rid of it, he just had to take it. Brilliant, Truce.

Another shot rang out, pulling Truce's eyes up and to a door. With a bit of luck and maybe some cover, he could get them back out to the runway, back to Tia...
---

OOC: So here's the setup: Some of you people came in with Truce as bodyguards, or for business, or because they were bored, and they are now caught up in this little shoot-em-up. The rest of you are back on the plane, wondering what's going on out there. Take your pick, and start from there!
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Nami » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:39 am

OOC: I pick back on the ship! Because, Isabella and Gabriel are Engineer's after all. ^^
And if possible, could you provide a photo of the cargo plane? I really am having a hard time picturing it. ^^;

IC: The low humming of a happy human could be heard echoing throughout the engine-room as the engine was actually silent thanks to their landing in Treyard. The two people who basically lived in the engine were rather grateful for a break, but Isabella was starting to get antsy. The captain and some of the crew who had gone with him hadn't come back yet, and their deals usually didn't take this long to happen.

Isabella De Luca's thick leather boots beat rapidly against the metal interior as she paced back and forth in front of her brother, who sat, cleaning some mechanism and humming to himself, which was driving his sister batty.

"Oh for goodness sake!" Isabella said turning in fury to her brother, "stop humming!"

Gabriel looked up with a feigned innocent expression, "why ever for?" he asked his hands pausing in their work to take in his sister's real anxiety. He studied her in a detached way and watched as she gripped her hands together.

"Aren't you the least bit worried? They've been gone too long." Isabella's eyebrows were narrowed into a fierce expression of frustration and thought, which made Gabriel sigh. He knew what was coming next. He closed his eyes as his sister's mouth opened.

"This isn't right! We have to go outside and see if their back! I won't be happy until we know!" She practically shouted, she spun to her brother, eyes wild. "Come on! We're going out!"

Gabriel opened his shocking blue eyes and stared at his sister with a dull expression and a frown. "Izzie, how many times do we have to go through this? The Captain does what he does, and often more times than not, he gets in trouble. You know this." Isabella's expression turned from anxiety to utter-annoyance in a millisecond and before Gabriel could blink his sister yanked out her wrench.

"Get. Up. Now!" She growled.

Gabriel hopped to his feet, skirted around his angry sister who was like a hornet when this mad and flew down the steps to the ramp that lead out of the plane. The dirty smell of the city whacked him in the face and despite growing up in this disgusting town, he gagged.

"Stop blocking the way!" Isabella hollered.

Gabriel sighed and walked down the ramp and stepped off onto the ground. He scanned the area and looked at Isabella. "Well?" he asked.

She shook her head. "Where is that man?"
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Atria35 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:11 pm

"Tch!" Nia hissed when a bullet grazed her arm. She was glad it wasn't the arm that had her tattoo on it- the last thing she wanted was to have to get it fixed up. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail and whipped out her two pistols. She was behind another pile of crates a few feet from the captain.

She and the others would have to provide cover if they were ever going to get out of here.

Nia took a deep breath, and then brought her eyes and her guns over the tops of the crates, a quick aim letting her loose a few bullets on their attackers. She knew that one of them had been hit, but how hard or how much the damage was unknown. Only a scream was heard, and a few less bullets were shot for a few moments.

'Not too shabby,' she thought with some pleasure. It had been a while since she'd had the opportunity to use her treasured pistols. Nia pulled back behind the crates as the shooting started again.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Kevin saw Nia firing her pistols. "Not too bad there. Guess you've been around the block a few times. Would you like some help from security?"
OOC: In case you didn't see my post info, Atria, Kevin's a former gangster. You can prominently see his tattoo marking his membership on his right bicep. It looks like a lion's skull. Don't worry, he's reformed.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Seto_Sora » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Felix closed his pocket watch. He opened it again and then closed it again. Throwing himself against the pilots seat he groaned, “This is really taking too long.” The simple fact was there was no shore leave until the “deal was done”. But the wait this time was unbearable. It was so annoying; the job was easy, it should have been in and out. Then they could be paid and could take a run on the town.
Turning his attention outside, he scanned the little he could see of Treyard. This was not his favorite haunt yet it still beat flying the plane for days on end.
“Agh! I’m so bored,” he banged his head against the control panel. “Whats this?” he asked no one in particular as he raised his now sore head. “Your right, its not normal for him to take this long.” After running his hand across the frame of the Tiamat, Felix stood to attention and made his way to the ramp, pausing only to adjust his jacket. As he made his way to the exit, he heard the distinct voices of the De Lucas; particularly that of Isabella’s. A shiver ran down his spine at the thought of catching her in a frenzy, “She just might be worried about the captain... and that could mean trouble for me.” Felix paused and considered for a moment turning back. But in truth, he too was worried about the captain and the crew. Where were they?

- - -

“Oy! It does the lungs good to breath the open air once more.” Felix had infact already enjoyed that sensation when they were unloading the crew was unloading the cargo, but he needed some indirect segway to announce his approach to the engineers. “Oh hello! Isabella and Gabe.” He acted genuinely happy to see them. “You too felt a bit cramped in the engineroom?” He proceeded to make stretching motions as he scanned Isabella and Gabriel’s faces, quickly ascertaining her concern and learning little from her brother’s calm expression. “Its such a good feeling to feel the wind against one’s face.” He then proceeded to scan the scene, there were no signs of the captain, the crew, or the corporation. It was too empty.
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Denkou Arashi peeked out from her hiding place in the cargo plane at Isabella and Gabriel. The former seemed to be in a horrible mood, while the latter was trying not to get in the other's way. Denkou hoped they wouldn't come to this side of the pane. She already had to move several times to avoid being seen, and it was starting to get annoying. Denkou rubbed her right eye, which was blood red due to an accident she didn't care to remember.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Atria35 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Nia glanced over at the 18 year old who'd addressed her. Seriously?! It took a lot to press her buttons, but this had done it.

"No! I am totally okay taking care of these goons on my own. I don't need any help at all!" she answered with all the sarcasm as she could muster, interrupting her answer with another round of shooting at their attackers.

She turned to give the former gang member a glare. "Stop goofing around and get shooting! You're security! I shouldn't be doing your job! Jeez!" She ducked and reloaded. "Yes, little-Ms.-gangster, I've been around the block, so to speak. So have you. Help out."

Where were the rest of the crew? Hadn't they gotten the idea that they were in some sort of trouble? By Nia's watch, they were about 15 minutes overdue, highly unusual. The captain liked to be punctual about these things. After all, time was money. And being late was the only sure way that you could tell that there was trouble during the deal.

OOC: Yeah, I noticed! My charrie's a former smuggler and has also done jail time, so.... at least she can help?
Atria35

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:44 pm

There were voices behind Truce - it was the tattooed wonders, Nia and Kevin, chatting like schoolgirls as they hung back, while he took all the fire. They hadn't been on the crew for too long, and they seemed competent enough, but today...well, maybe they were hung over or something.

He called back to them, waving towards the door. "A little help woul-" A shot hit next to him, ripping open a burlap sack of sugar and forcing him back down. Following an aisle back a couple feet, he ran low along the ground, hearing footsteps and shouts drawing closer. Ducking behind a tall row of crates, he froze, sucking in his breath.

She shifted in her position, revealing her tattoo. Nia. And of course, Kevin was there too, right behind. They were arguing, as usual. Who would have guessed? "Down here," hissed Truce, "don't look down, and do stop arguing. Where have you been?! I thought you would be closer than that! You have no idea how much... Never mind. How many of them are there?"

Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Nami » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:08 am

Isabella turned to say something to Gabriel when the Pilot, Felix, came down the ramp greeting them with fake cheer. Isabella crossed her arms as she watched the pilot "stretch." How could he possibly be so calm?

Gabriel smiled at Felix, "cramped?" he glanced at the back of his sister's head, "hm, yeah, cramped is a good word." he rolled his eyes to the sky, indicating his sister had something to do with them outside of their normal area. Isabella huffed slightly.

"How can you be so calm?" she finally busted, "the Captain has been gone too long and you're standing there doing stretches!!" She waved her gloved hand at Felix and glared. "Shouldn't you be a little more concerned?"

"The wind stinks." Gabriel muttered to no one inparticular. "I hate this place."

Isabella, luckily, was too furious with herself, the pilot and her brother to hear what he was saying and found herself pacing rapidly back and forth in front of the cargo hold. "Honestly!" she paused, jerking her head to look behind her. Slowly, her twin-colored eyes scanned the hold, she had felt as if someone had been watching her.

Gabriel glanced at his sister, "Iz?" he asked.

Her eyes remained locked on the hold for another second or two, then she turned back around and continued to pace. "It's nothing." she muttered shoving her hands deep into her pockets. "So, any ideas?" she asked facing the boys.

Her brother placed a finger on his chin, faking contemplation just so he didn't have to face his sister and her raging emotions. She was surprising calmer now, though he didn't know why, which scared him even more. Gabriel frowned, "the Captain wouldn't like us wandering off." He commented taking a tiny peek at his sister whose eyes were on him, she glared and turned to Felix.

"You?" she asked putting her hands on her hips, she looked like a mother ready to scold. Gabriel smothered a grin and turned away, in the distance, he swore he heard gunshots, but that was probably just him.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:40 am

Denkou barely had time to duck down to avoid being seen by the crazy female engineer, who was pacing up and down the hold. When she glanced back up, she noticed another person had come into the plane. They where all talking about the captain, and some other people who went with him. When the male engineer said that the place stank, Denkou thought, Oh, he just doesn't know how right he is... She hoped only for her own sake the the captain would come back so that they could leave, and Denkou would be rid of this place forever.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:12 pm

Atria35 (post: 1470022) wrote:Nia glanced over at the 18 year old who'd addressed her. Seriously?! It took a lot to press her buttons, but this had done it.

"No! I am totally okay taking care of these goons on my own. I don't need any help at all!" she answered with all the sarcasm as she could muster, interrupting her answer with another round of shooting at their attackers.

She turned to give the former gang member a glare. "Stop goofing around and get shooting! You're security! I shouldn't be doing your job! Jeez!" She ducked and reloaded. "Yes, little-Ms.-gangster, I've been around the block, so to speak. So have you. Help out."

Where were the rest of the crew? Hadn't they gotten the idea that they were in some sort of trouble? By Nia's watch, they were about 15 minutes overdue, highly unusual. The captain liked to be punctual about these things. After all, time was money. And being late was the only sure way that you could tell that there was trouble during the deal.

OOC: Yeah, I noticed! My charrie's a former smuggler and has also done jail time, so.... at least she can help?

Well, excuse me! Kevin thought.
He turned to the captain. "I think there's six."
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:23 am

Gavin was on top top of the Tiamat adjusting the topside radio antenna and checking the turret when he heard gunfire he looked up, checked his watch, and started clambering back into the plane.
He ran into the engineering room, said;
"Oh, good you're all here. Captain's late 'n I heard shots form over by where he went, so could one of you go check up on him? and the rest two keep watch and get started on a preflight in case whoever the cap'n ticked off tries something? I'm gonna go tell the fuel crew to get moving so we can split if we have to."
and ran out, grabbing his rifle and gun/toolbelt along the way.

OOC: sorry about being slow to post the last few days have been hectic. I'm also off till Sunday, so I wrote myself out of things for a few minutes.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby acgifford » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:55 am

OOC: Here goes! Sorry I'm late.

-Adele-

Adele sat patiently in the room where the buyers had told her to wait. The Captain had left with them and they had been gone an awful long time. She rested her elbow on the table and cradled her chin in her hand. She let out a heavy sigh blowing a small piece of hair our of her face and looked at the goons gaurding the door. She tapped her fingers. Just then, she heard faint gun shots in the distance. Her blood ran cold. Captain Truce.... she thought. Adele looked between the 2 goons searching for a clue as to if they had heard the gun shots too. Nothing. They seemed almost unaffected. Hmm...does that mean they were expecting it? she thought. Well, whatever the reason she was going to find out what was going on. Adele rose from the folding chair she had been sitting in and crossed to the guards.

"Excuse me."she said with a smile. " I was wondering if you could tell me where everyone went?" she asked sweetly and politly.

They were silent. Hmmph.

Adele attempted to leave but the guards stopped her.

"What is the meaning of this?" She asked.

"You have to stay here." said one of them gruffly.

"Excuse me? I don't have to do anything. Let me out."

"No." said the other one a slight bit larger than the other goon.

"Are you saying I'm a hostage?" she asked as her green eyes flashed.

The larger one grinned a grin that was almost a sneer. "You got it lady."

She sighed and crossed the room and plopped down in the chair. Great! Not again!! The Captain has done it again!! Got us into a mess! I told him to follow the deal to a T! Did he?! NO! She thought to herself angrily. Her rosey lips were pursed in utter frustration. Will the job she took ever really profit her? She started to wonder.

More gunshots rung out in the distance. Adele tensed. I have to get out of here. But how?
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Blund dropped another swear as he simultaneously dropped his penultimate clip, figuring this brand of shells weren't worth it, since again he'd emptied another clip without hitting anything. Maybe after this, he'd have a talk with the boss abo-

Another bullet nearly hit him, harmlessly striking a crate behind him. Yeah, definitely gonna talk to the boss. Half a percent ain't worth this.

Sighing, he kissed the last clip before shoving it into the handgun. He began to rise from the crate when a few more bullets came flying past, hitting Kierk in all sorts of places.

The last clip of ammo was now but one of many. He ain't gonna need it where he's going, anyways? Rule of the jungle, right?

He took his best aim at the big guy with the tattoos, firing off a few shots, all of which missed. He noticed a girl, which was a shame.

"Oy!" he cried out to her. "'Ow 'bout the pretty girl come here after shootin' Lion Face and the other guy?!"
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Atria35 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Nia had had enough. First she got scolded by the captain, and now some small-time, old, ugly goon was hitting on her during a gunfight? Oh, no. A statement about the man's mother that is unrepeatable in polite company was issued.

At the same time, her guns blazed. She didn't aim for the man who'd made the comment- his aim was pretty bad, so he wasn't exactly high on her list of priorities. But she did use her fury over that statement to aim her guns at the others- at least one more scream was heard from that corner.
Atria35

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Blund ducked down as more shots came firing along with a comment about his mother even he couldn't repeat. One of them nearly hit his face, but he ducked down behind the crate he was using for cover as Stark took one for the team.

Such a shame to waste a pretty girl, but Blund was rather fond of his mother. Gritting his teeth as he mustered his courage, he peered over the crate to take a few blind shots, each of them harmlessly passing by the targets.

He was going to have to ask Kierk about his bullets, as they seemed to be as shoddy as his own. Funny, he remembered Kierk hitting things with them.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:30 am

"Six, you say?" Truce muttered to Kevin. "Well, then they have us outnumbered two-to-one; outgunned by three, I'd reckon. In that case...get ready to run! Again." With that, he pushed over a stack of crates next to their position, cringing as they scattered their contents against the concrete floor with an ear-splitting crash. It bought them a distraction, but may have opened them up to more fire. "Go!" he yelled. Out of the corner of his eye, he thought he saw a huge man barreling towards them, blasting away randomly in their direction with a pistol that was just as big as he was.

Sure enough, a burst of fire punched through the stockpiles in front of them an instant later, sending bits of burlap, dust and wood into the air. One shot managed to slip through his loose suit jacket as it billowed behind him in mid-stride, missing him by just a few inches. He rounded a corner, his dress shoes slipping on the smooth floor, to find a hallway leading in...well, he didn't know. At least there weren't people shooting at him there. He tried to remember how the building was set up, mentally searching for a path back to the runway.

---

Raven woke up from her nap to find the crew in total confusion - people were arguing (the twins, as usual), others were grabbing their supplies and running out the doors. She sat up and stretched, throwing off the blanket and slipping on a shirt as she rose to her feet. "What's going on out there?" she mumbled, half-asleep. There were some people missing; she tried to remember where they were. Her head had been foggy over the last few years, and having just woke up wasn't helping. "Where's the captain?"

Davidizer13

Postby Silent Seraph » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Hey you guys missed one, uttered a cloaked figure as he stepped out of the shadows and fired his .44 into a goon who had just stepped around the corner where the tattoos and the captain had just come from. Captain, I heard you're gathering a crew of some kind for a -there was a pause- escorting job invloving, shall we say unscrupulous items? Please excuse me, I got a bit ahead of myself, I am Marshal Brooks, a scientist, recently...militarized in light of my situation. I was hoping you might give me a job actually, confessed Marshal, shrugging.
Life verse. Corinthians 9:27 [color="Cyan"]No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.[/color]

[color="Cyan"]If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.
Hei (Darker Than Black)[/color]

God. Family. Athletics.

[color="Cyan"][font="Arial Black"]M.O.E.S.-[/font][/color]Safe from the Scroll

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators and Administrators.
Silent Seraph

Postby Nami » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:07 am

[quote="MomentOfInertia (post: 1470271)"]Gavin was on top top of the Tiamat adjusting the topside radio antenna and checking the turret when he heard gunfire he looked up, checked his watch, and started clambering back into the plane.
He ran into the engineering room, said]

OOC: Moooiii~~~ XD They are outside the plane. ^^;;

IC: Isabella turned her head and saw Gavin and heard his words. "Right, just leave us alone." she muttered.

When Isabella received no reply from Felix she turned sharply, hearing Raven ask a question. Panic shot through her like a bullet. "That's gunfire." She murmured.

Gabriel cursed, "the Captain!" they said in unison. Isabella flew back inside, as she passed through the cargo area, she swore she saw a girl, but she quickly remembered her mission, she would check up on that later (OOC: That's you Dia :D )

Gabriel was fast on his sisters heels, shrugging at Felix, as she barreled toward the deck of the plane. Isabella's hand grabbed the communicator that should be attached to Adele, it was so they were never separated.

"Adele?" she whispered, hoping that the piece was secured in her ear and not in her pocket, like the last time. Isabella gritted her teeth. "Adele? What's going on?"

Gabriel appeared behind his twin and looked out the plane, there was nothing to see. He watched Isabella, waiting, they both hoped Adele would respond.

OOC: And que, AC!
I'm trying to keep in line here, but it seems everyone isn't always reading everyone else's posts thoroughly. ^^; So I tried my best to make it right.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Truce reeled back, dodging out of the way of the scientist's shot. Bewildered, he sputtered through her words. "What?! What? Yes, of course you can join. If you don't mind, we will have to discuss pay later, when we have some time... In the meantime, you don't mind being shot at, do you? Of course you don't!"

Another heavy stepped into the hallway, his gun raised. "Come on!" Truce yelled, dragging Marshal by his arm down the hall. "Our plane's ready on the tarmac!" A bullet whizzed by his ear, and he could feel its air currents whip by.

Davidizer13

Postby Atria35 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Nia had followed her captain from the room into the hallway, providing cover as she ran. Thankfully, the goon that had hit on her decided it wasn't worth it to follow them, and the others seemed to be cowards. Or at least, they had been... until one popped into the hallway behind them.

A shot from someone who introduced himself as a scientist ended that quickly. Okay.... so they were getting a new crew member. Great.

She decided to let security take on the goons behind them as she ran to catch up with the captain. "I'm going for Adele! See you on the ship!" Nia ducked into a side hall where she remembered the older woman being taken. Two armed guards were up ahead, and when they saw her coming their own guns came out.

Nia brought her own pistols up and shot, taking one down but getting a nasty gouge in her side from the other. She hissed in pain as a few more guards came out from the room they'd been guarding. That had to be where Adele was. She ducked into a side hallway and thought about her options.
Atria35

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:09 pm

OOC: I'm sorry guys, my weekend went kinda crazy and didn't exactly go according to plan. But I'm back.

IC:
Felix smiled at Gavin's perfect timing. He in no way wanted to lead the pack into something rash. Planning wasn't his forte. However his smile quickly faded as he Gavin explained the plan and as he watched him and the twins rush into the plan. "Oh this isn't fair," he mumbled to himself as he watched Gabriel disappear into the plane. It was a fact that Felix avoided ground combat, but this was no small case and he was the only one left; the odd man out. "Well, its for the captain. I shall then be a hero!" He smiled.
He made his way to the warehouse wherein he heard the shots, producing his gun to be at the ready. Aimlessly he went down this hall through that corridor into that room out to another hall but all to find no one. He began to wonder if he only imagined he heard gun shots and thought of returning to the plane when a loud exchange of fire was heard down the hall and to his left. He ran forward and turned the corner to see four guards, one fallen, and Nia duck into a side hallway beyond him. Without a moment's hesitation, Felix charged the distance to get to her before they did. As he ran he fired three shots with no particular aim into one of the guards. The man fell but the others let loose a volley, "Man their aim stinks," he said with a smirk as he dove to the ground. He accomplished in avoiding a few shots however he was in a very bad situation as his dive did not bring him nearly as close to the other hall as he needed to be. With no cover to be had the two guards aiming their guns at him.

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Denkou shrunk back into the cargo boxes. She wondered if the female mechanic had seen her. She hoped not. Denkou peeked at the back room where the machanics went. She heard shouting. That didn't sound good...
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Atria35 (post: 1470705) wrote:Nia had followed her captain from the room into the hallway, providing cover as she ran. Thankfully, the goon that had hit on her decided it wasn't worth it to follow them, and the others seemed to be cowards. Or at least, they had been... until one popped into the hallway behind them.

A shot from someone who introduced himself as a scientist ended that quickly. Okay.... so they were getting a new crew member. Great.

She decided to let security take on the goons behind them as she ran to catch up with the captain. "I'm going for Adele! See you on the ship!" Nia ducked into a side hall where she remembered the older woman being taken. Two armed guards were up ahead, and when they saw her coming their own guns came out.

Nia brought her own pistols up and shot, taking one down but getting a nasty gouge in her side from the other. She hissed in pain as a few more guards came out from the room they'd been guarding. That had to be where Adele was. She ducked into a side hallway and thought about her options.

Kevin dived in right behind her. "Oh no. You're on the ship, technically, so you're my responsibility now. Like it or lump it."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Suddenly, Blund was the only gun-for-hire left, as everyone else had gone chasing after the trio or were lying on the ground with a bullet or two. This was actually a new experience for him, having the option to either leave or go charging heroically. The former was highly tempting, but half a percent!

Looting as much as he could carry from his former comrades, he decided to take a third option. Presumably, the trio of mercenaries firing at them would still be occupied with the three men who'd gone chasing after them. While they were busy doing that, he'd sneak on board the shop and steal whatever was on board.

Skulking off, he quickly began to run towards the ship that would presumably only be occupied by the mechanic and pilot, since any team of mercs or smugglers worth their airship would be smart enough to take all their guns to the tradeoff. No one was at the entrance, and he quickly skulked in, looking for the nearest living quarters or cargo hold. Finding one, he excitedly began emptying cupboards and suitcases as he searched for valuables.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Raven walked back to the plane, still baffled at the disappearance of half the crew. Some people had came into the hangar, other people had ran away... At least in the Tiamat, things were quiet.

The hatch at its front was open - it didn't strike her as unusual, since Isabella had kept it open to get at her tools. As quietly as she could, she climbed the couple stairs into the fuselage. Someone was talking up on the bridge. It was probably just the radio; on the ground, they usually kept it tuned to some weather station or the big-band music Truce loved. She turned the corner, and what she saw made her freeze.

A stranger, a scarred man with a gun, was rummaging through their supplies! He was digging through piles of clothes, stacks of paperwork, looking for something. Instinctively, Raven reached for her swords at her belt, but they weren't there; neither was her belt, for that matter. Her hands felt along the wall of the plane, searching for something long and light she could swing around. The best she could find was a fire extinguisher, a hand-held bottle with red paint peeling off of it.

"Sorry about this!" she yelled, pulling the pin and squeezing the trigger in a swift motion. White powder, smelling like freshly cut weeds, sprayed from an opening at its top, and poured over the intruder, the floor, and everything else in its path. She glanced around as she sprayed, trying to locate her swords as the gauge on the extinguisher dipped lower.

Davidizer13

Postby Nami » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:02 am

Isabella gripped the communicator hard, "Adele!" she finally called out loudly, but there was no response. A sound like that of air being ripped from ones lungs echoes up to the bridge. "Gab." she said, but he was already gone, his feet faster than her instructions. She turned her attention back to the front. "I need to get this thing going so we can make a quick getaway." Keeping the communicator in her pocket she rushed down toward the engine room, barely stopping to glance at Gabriel and Raven.

She hurled into the room full of gears, and an engine that she handled with loving care. "Alright baby, let's get warmed." she ran to the far side and yanked on a few things, pushing buttons and pulling levers until a low hum that wasn't human began, slowly, the engine began to come to life.

-----
Gabriel was already down by Raven, he gaped at the white powdery room, "what happened?" he spotted a human form in the mess. "Who's that?" he looked at Raven who was searching for her weapons, assessing the situation, he pulled out his wrench and wielded it like a sword. "No stealing allowed!" He charged forward and clobbered the figure, before darting back to the door, slipping as he went.

"I don't know what part I hit." He said to no one. "I hope it worked."
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:56 am

-Adele-

As Adele was pondering how she was going to get out of this mess, she heard a woman's voice in her hidden earpiece. It came in a whisper in which she could barely hear. Adele closed her eyes for a moment and listened.

"Adele!" shrieked the womans voice in her ear.

Adele's eyes burst open and she almost let out a yelp. Her heart was beating at a million miles an hr as she looked at both men to see if they noticed her. They didnt seem to notice. She smiled slightly to herself. Phew...and now how am I going top answer? She thought and then smiled to herself slightly. She reached for her earring and took it out and dropped it it on the floor.

"Ooops." she said and ducked under the table and attempted to answer her quietly. "I'm being held hostage by 2 goons in a small room. I can't talk now..." she whispered. Just then, the more burly man grabbed her shoulder and pulled her up. Adele looked up at the man with her mouth open slightly. She slowly removed the earpiece and handed it to the man. He snatched it from her, threw it on the floor, and smashed it.

"No more funny business."

She nodded quickly and gulped. Craaaaap....Come on! Where are they?She thought.

"Alright lady..hand it over." he commanded.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:43 am

In all the commotion, Denkou had managed to crawl between two boxes, and listened as the noise and shouting continued. What sort of cargo ship is this?! she thought in alarm.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying