Altitude: Islands in the Sky

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Destroyer2000 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:50 am

Nami (post: 1495388) wrote:Rellia rolled her eyes as the man ignored what she said, and obviously the other guy, Van as well. She looked at Van, "looks like he doesn't need our help." She looked back at Vaughn when he awakened and she snorted. "Apparently, your very lucky to even be alive." she said shrugging. "I believe her brother is the one who saved your life. So thank him."

Rellia smiled slightly, and glanced at Van, "though, it was entertaining to see."

Van grinned at Rellia. "Wasn't it? The guy deserved it." As he watched the pair haul Vaughn out of the room and onboard the Tiamat, Van started to laugh. "That guy is as beat up as the ship is. Hey, guy!" he called out, "I swiped your wallet. Tried to give it to Isabella, but she wouldn't touch it. Doesn't say much for your chances, eh? If you want it back, you'll have to go into the engine room - her domain. Watch out for wrenches!"

Van laughed, and turned back to Rellia. "Looks like there may be more entertainment before it's over with. Where is the captain of this heap?"
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Darth_Kirby » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:17 pm

[quote="Davidizer13 (post: 1495371)"]Raven eyed the pickpocket as she scampered away. "You should have let me deal with her, I would've made sure she never did that again! Now, she's off to find another poor idiot to rob and she'll probably come to our plane and pull the panels off of it and then sell them on the black market and murder us in our beds and..." She jabbered on]

"I understand that she doesn't have a good track record with little girls, but now she's just being paranoid," Ulairez thought, raising his eyebrow a bit.

Never-the-less he listened to her rant till they got to the plane. Maiz would've countered, but Raven wouldn't let him get a word in edge-wise. Maiz was tired. He hadn't really done anything today that would get himself tired, aside from walking maybe. The shouts coming from inside the plane assured Maiz that something crazy was taking place - again.

"I could write a novel about my trip on this one plane and I'd be rich! But I'd probably have to put it in the fiction section. No way anybody would take it seriously otherwise," Maiz thought to himself and chuckled.

Maiz followed Raven. She went up to little miss assassin and nudged her awake.

"Come on, you little monster, we have some talking to do."

Maiz grinned from ear to ear. Maybe he should write an autobiography of this plane trip. Heck! The crew was nutty enough to make a good story, not to mention the things they managed to get themselves into. The only problem is that all the things they seemed to get into were dangerous. Besides... he was already rich. Unless he took a liking to writing, he doubted he'd stay here for any extended period of time after he found his soul job. Then again... writing could be his soul job... Maiz never really considered it before. Granted it was a sink or swim business, but he had excelled at other sink or swim trades before as well. He figured for the time being he'd follow Raven the Paranoid and little miss assassin to their 'talk.' He didn't know why, but Raven looked familiar to him for some reason now...
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Mister » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:36 pm

OOC: BEHOLD MY SHINNING WALL OF TEXT! MUWAHAHAHAHHAA! AND MY OVER USE OF CAPS! BWAHAHAHA!

Price stepped from the off ramp of the cargo plane he'd traveled in. The trip had been uneventful and all together boring, with the exception of hsi men explaining what had taken place at his office. From what they told him, his attendant as made to leave the building through the front door. But even as her first step landed on the outer steps she had jerked backwards, blood showering everything behind her.

His men had caught her falling body and dragged her inside, slamming and locking the door behind them. They had immediately rushed her behind a desk and told everyone to get down. Being simple civilians, and not understanding why his attendent had been shot, they hesitated. It was their first, and last, mistake.

Bullets had showered the building, punching holes in almost all of the still stanidng office workers. A few ahd dropped to the floor even as the first bullets struck their marks, their screams filling the room. It had grown quiet for a few moments and everyone had quieted down. This was due to much insisting from his men and overall terror.

In almost the same instant the lights went out and the windows imploded. His men, being trained professionals, fired simultaneously to either side of the windows and directly below them. Their trianed and practised shots had struck home, downing the first wave of intruders.

But then all hell broke loose, The main door suddenly shattered under a hevavey explosion. In and instant a dozen assailants had entered through the front door and almost the same number through the windows. His men had fought like savages, cutting with knives, blasting with pistols and sub machineguns.

One man even claimed to have pulled the pin on a grenade on an assalint's belt and kicked him away into a group that were rushing him. The burns on his face and hands showed that he had only just made it over a desk in time to escape the full blast.

The others had also managed to escape the blast by throwing themselves behind tables, desks, and enemy corpses. It was clear though that the blast had ended the attack and sent the few survivng enemies running.

It was this fact that some had survived, and escaped, that led them to leave the lights off and stay prepared for another assualt. Price had listened with care, drinking in every detail and spoken word. Every gesture and added explination.

Price would have to repay Serigi in kind someday soon, very soon. Price waited as his men unloaded his supplies, and then formed up around him. The airstip they were on was small and rather remote. Yet it offered the best view of the Mansion where the three survivng Benefactors were heldup.

Price looked up the hill that towered beside the airstrip and say the white plaster walls of the Mansion's outer walls gleam in the sunlight. Turning to his men he said, "i hope you're rested, because we're going in there tonight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Juliana jerked away in fear as the girl kicked her. The savage monster from the night before was gone, replaced by her natural personality. Juliana was a fearful girl, she was raised by abusive parents until they died from a car wreck when she was six. Juliana was immediately placed in the care of a local Orphanage.

She had grew older knowing only the fear of angry parents and the fear of the older children stealing her meager meals every day. When Price had found her, she had run form the orphanage and was huddled in the snow. Her heart and mind were completely broken. There was nothing left but shatter peices of the little girl who had been there before, she had become a shell.

But Price had tended to her gently, and slowly over the years put back together the broken peices, but also instilled a new personality within her. She knew, once she had regained herself, what Price had done to her. He'd made her a tool for his devices, yet she did not care.

To Juliana, Marcus Price, was god, was hope, was love, and He was life. He'd given her everything and treated her as his own child, even as he used her for murder, or theft. Juliana was totally loyal to Price, totally given over to his will.

Now, as the girl spoke to her she only whimpered and curled up in a ball. Hot tears ran down her face, she had failed Him. Juliana had heard Price's words, had heard the dissapointment in his voice. It was worse than death to her, worse than torture.

Juliana finaly looked up at the girl and managed to whisper, "I have nothing to say to you. You stoped me from doing what i was told. Now Ppapa is mad at Julie!" this brought a renewed flood of tears.

Watari's spies had located Eliza, and were keeping tabs on her. That is, until she had approached Quinton, and entered his room. Watari had warned them of Quinton and it was the first time they'd seen fear, true fear, in Watari's eyes. So they abandoned their work and reported to Watari.

Watari's reaction was not what they'd expected. He'd slammed his hands down on the table he was sitting at and then turned it over, spilling all the glasses of liquer and bottle of beer that were atop it.

"So! the Goody-Goody wench is in bed with the Killer is she!?" His voice was loud and dripping with malice, "That's just dandy! This will make it only so much sweeter when i slit her throat in front of Price!"

Eliza worked carefully, withh what she had. She first heated water on the furnace and then removed the old bandages. with careful and practiced hands she used a kitchen knife and a pair of sewing tweezers she had to remove the bullet. She then poured the liquer on it and heated a knife on the furnace as well.

Looking up into Quinton's eyes she spoke softly, "I came here to keep an eye on you, Thomas." She blushed slightly and turned away, "And it seems i was right to do so." She picked up the hot blade and turned back to him.

"Bite, your jacket sleeve, this is going to hurt..... alot." Eliza spoke calmly and with great composure. After only pausing for a moment she pressed the red hot blade to the wound and winced as the skin seared and burned. there was a slight hissing sound and a trickle of smoke rose fromt eh blade.

Eliza removed the blade alost as quickly as she'd applied it, satisfied that it's closed the wound. Not seeing any fresh bandages around she did not hesitate to cut the lower part of her dress and use it to cushion and wrap the wound.

Once she was finished Eliza folded her bloodied hands on the lap of her now blood smeared dress and smiled sweetly up at Quinton. "There" her vocie was perky and happy, "all done, you'll fell better in no time!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby AtmosBreak » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:31 am

Juan watched Isabella as she leaned against the doorway with the best snile he could muster which was filled with a somber happiness. All the drama, everything that had been happening, Juan had no idea what to do anymore. He had suffered enough he figured, surely there couldn't be anything more.

As Isabella commented on his current appearance, Juan could only let out a soft chuckle, which hurt more than he had been expecting but did his best to cover up. He looked weak enough how he was, he didn't want to appear even more pitiful infront of the girl he liked, what would she think of him? No men suck it up don't they? This was nothing.

Juan thought about his response to Isabella's question for a moment. He wasn't actually sure if he had slept if at all and if he did then for how long he slept he did not know then again how long he had not slept for was also uncertain to him? Really how long had it been since they landed? How long were they flying for?

"Well..." Juan started off before he was suddenly interrupted by someone he didn't exactly recognize at first. It took a few moments before Juan realized it was in actual fact the injured pilot. Juan stayed silent as Isabella answered Felix.

Once Juan heard the word strays, his heart ripped. He, not knowing about the others and temporarily forgetting about his 'daughter' attempted to murder him in front of everybody, assumed Isabella to be refering to him, who else could she be refering to in his eyes. He wasn't a member of the crew, he hadn't actually payed for a ticket or anything yet, he was just a stray that they picked up, that's all she really thought of him wasn't it.

"I... I'm sorry a-about that then" Juan responded weakly yet loud enough for them to hear. Bringing his knees to his chest, Juan stared at his feet, or where his feet were under the covers. He had no idea to what to say, what he could do to make her fall for him.

OOC: so yea, Juan's not in a good state of mind thus far and still doesnt know about the whole chaos that ensued earlier. -pets Juan- sorry for making you this way old chum ^^;;
[INDENT]
"'You are the light of this world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men so that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.'

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Light Club"
[/INDENT]
AtmosBreak

Postby Nami » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:42 pm

OOC: Poor Juan XDD

IC: Isabella blinked, startled by the sudden apology coming from Juan, she turned her head and took in his position. Knees pulled up, a defensive gesture suggesting that what she had said offended him.

Then she burst out laughing when she realized he had assumed she had meant him. "No! No!" She waved her hand, letting the laughter roll over her, it was a relief to laugh. It kept the stress from hitting her too hard. "I wasn't talking about you!" She stumbled forward a bit trying to keep her balance and patted Juan's shoulder, somehow she had ended up near to him in her stumbling.

"I was talking about some others. No, not you." She smiled as the laughter subsided.

-----------------

Thomas Quinton had rarely been called his his first name, and the fact that Eliza was using it really made his heart pound. It sounded so sweet and gentle.

She had come to look after him? His eyes widened a little, no one had ever worried over him before. How could it be that this wonderful young woman cared for him? He didn't deserve it.

He squeezed his eyes shut without biting anything as the red-hot blade sliced his skin. His training didn't kick in at first, then he felt it, so hot it was cold and his brain froze, flickering near unconsciousness. Then he turned his mind from the pain and it subsided. Soon after, he heard Eliza's voice and he opened his eyes, staring into hers.

Quinton nodded, "thank you." he said. "But it really isn't necessary for you to worry about me." He winced once the words were out, she was being kind and here he was saying stupid things. He never could find the right words when he was around her. She was soft and gentle, and he was cold and harsh. Why, why did she care? He was a killer. He turned his head and looked out the small, dirty window. It hurt less not to look at Eliza. His heart always squeezed tight when he saw her. It hurt more than any wound he had ever had in his life. How could she affect him so?

-----------

Rellia Torvick couldn't help laughing as Van yelled at Vaughn about his wallet. She smacked her leg with laughter and threw her head back howling with it. Her short brown hair falling back. She sighed once his words were finished.

"I don't know, he hasn't shown his face yet. That lady, Adele told me to wait here and he would show up." she shrugged, "I dunno."
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:21 pm

IC: Gavin

"Hey, Adele, does this guy have a name? Or the other one that's running around?"

She sighed and looked down at him before answering;
"His name is Vaughn and he is my cousin. As for the imbecile in there." she said jerking her head towards the inside of the Tiamat. "He calls himself Van. Better keep your wallet close to you though. He can steal you blind."
"Great, something else to watch for."

Just then, Vaughn groaned and slowly opened his eyes.
"Well now, never been in this situation before. Man my head hurts, this is such a........ drag?" he whispered with a wink at Adele.

Adele rolled her eyes at him. "You should keep quite. You have a bad head wound from some idiotic antics you performed before hand."

"Adele," Vaughn slurred. "Where is Wrench Girl? Isabella was it? I think i need to give her an apology, I know what i did was sudden. But seeing as how i'm still among the living..." he looked up at me, "...Maybe. I'd say my master plan worked!"

"What do you mean master plan?!" she asked as we finally reached the cargo bay and set him down. "This was your master plan? Getting yourself almost killed by our mechanic?"
I looked up a Adele; "Master plan?:eyebrow: I guess the brains went to your side of the family then. I'm gonna go keep watch outside"
Then I left.

I found Van and Rellia joking around outside; "Hey, you do know that picking everybody's pockets is not the best way to get a job right?"
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Mister » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Vauhgn chuckled, much to his hurt, and replied to Adele. "Well not realy," his mind was a little fuzzy at the moment, "You've never been very assertive of your authority, Adele. so when you couldn't get a word in edgewise earlier, i decided it was time i did something." Vaghn smiled up at her and continued, "but the whole almost dying part wasn't part of my plan, lol."

Eliza blushed slightly when Quinton thanked her. She'd done the same for her borther many times, but this time it was different. Eliza reached out a hand and took hold of Quinton's hand.

"I know that i don't have to Thomas. But it's just that i want to."

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:20 am

MomentOfInertia (post: 1496004) wrote:IC: Gavin

"Hey, Adele, does this guy have a name? Or the other one that's running around?"

She sighed and looked down at him before answering]"Great, something else to watch for."[/I]

Just then, Vaughn groaned and slowly opened his eyes.
"Well now, never been in this situation before. Man my head hurts, this is such a........ drag?" he whispered with a wink at Adele.

Adele rolled her eyes at him. "You should keep quite. You have a bad head wound from some idiotic antics you performed before hand."

"Adele," Vaughn slurred. "Where is Wrench Girl? Isabella was it? I think i need to give her an apology, I know what i did was sudden. But seeing as how i'm still among the living..." he looked up at me, "...Maybe. I'd say my master plan worked!"

"What do you mean master plan?!" she asked as we finally reached the cargo bay and set him down. "This was your master plan? Getting yourself almost killed by our mechanic?"
I looked up a Adele; "Master plan?:eyebrow: I guess the brains went to your side of the family then. I'm gonna go keep watch outside"
Then I left.

I found Van and Rellia joking around outside; "Hey, you do know that picking everybody's pockets is not the best way to get a job right?"

Nami (post: 1495840) wrote:Rellia Torvick couldn't help laughing as Van yelled at Vaughn about his wallet. She smacked her leg with laughter and threw her head back howling with it. Her short brown hair falling back. She sighed once his words were finished.

"I don't know, he hasn't shown his face yet. That lady, Adele told me to wait here and he would show up." she shrugged, "I dunno."

"The captain hasn't shown up yet? Well, that would explain why the crew is in complete disarray." Van looked back up at the Tiamat, at the damage. Metal was sheered off in places, bullet holes peppered the exterior. He shook his head. "I hope this entire journey hasn't been like this for them; otherwise I might be safer trying to stay on the island!"

The other guy that had been outside helping the idiot - Vaughn, Van thought - approached them, mentioning that it would be best if Van stopped picking pockets.

Van glanced at the newcomer, raised an eyebrow. "And you are?" He gave a short laugh. "You can't blame the scorpion for stinging, but you can blame the guy who provoked it. I'm not looking for a job. I'm just looking for a way off this floating prison of an island."
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby acgifford » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:04 am

Mister (post: 1496040) wrote:Vauhgn chuckled, much to his hurt, and replied to Adele. "Well not realy," his mind was a little fuzzy at the moment, "You've never been very assertive of your authority, Adele. so when you couldn't get a word in edgewise earlier, i decided it was time i did something." Vaghn smiled up at her and continued, "but the whole almost dying part wasn't part of my plan, lol."

-Adele-

"Master plan?" Gavin raised an eyebrow at Adele. "I guess the brains went to your side of the family then. I'm gonna go keep watch outside" Gavin then left the Tiamat.

Vaughn chuckled painfully."Well not really," he paused as if he had forgotten what he was saying. It was quite obvious that the bump on the head that he had received wasn't helping him mentally. "You've never been very assertive of your authority, Adele. so when you couldn't get a word in edgewise earlier, i decided it was time i did something."

Adele was taken aback at what Vaughn had just said. He smiled at her.

"But the whole almost dying part wasn't part of my plan." Vaughn laughed.

Adele was so stunned she could only stare at her cousin. She knew he was right. She ripped her gaze away to go retrieve the First Aid kit. Adele soon returned and knelt down beside him.

As Adele started to dig through the kit looking for supplies to fix up Vaughn's head wound. "Your right you know...." she said as she turned his gently so that she could clean the wound. " That was the first time I took charge since I have been on the Tiamat....Thanks...I guess." Adele said focusing on her work.

OOC: Pardon the not so good post. v.v;; Off my game.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:41 am

IC: Gavin

Van glanced up; "And you are?" He gave a quck laugh. "You can't blame the scorpion for stinging, but you can blame the guy who provoked it. I'm not looking for a job. I'm just looking for a way off this floating prison of an island."

"Floating prison?" I sighed and looked to Rellia; "Did Izzy crack him on the head too?"
MomentOfInertia

Postby Mister » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:58 pm

OOC: sorry for not being on the ball lately!

IC:

Vaughn noded quietly, he cared alot for Adele. Adele was Vaughn's only family now, little as she knew it. They were the last of their line. "I'm glad to be of service cousin" Vaughn's voice was sincere and his smile true. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what. Nothing will ever harm you, i swear it."

Mister

Postby acgifford » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:16 am

Mister (post: 1496624) wrote:OOC: sorry for not being on the ball lately!

IC:

Vaughn nodded quietly, he cared a lot for Adele. Adele was Vaughn's only family now, little as she knew it. They were the last of their line. "I'm glad to be of service cousin" Vaughn's voice was sincere and his smile true. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what. Nothing will ever harm you, i swear it."

-Adele-

Vaughn nodded silently at Adele's comment. "I'm glad to be of service cousin." he again smiled at her. It was obvious that the love he felt for Adele was genuine. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what. Nothing will ever harm you, I swear it."

Adele smiled at his comforting words. It seemed to her that Vaughn finding her again was the best thing that ever happened this trip. He gave her stability. Something to be sure of. The once ever faithful cousin that was like a brother to her still resided in him.

As Adele cleaned his head wound she made a face. While she wasn't exactly the most squeamish of females, the idea that she might hurt him and the fact that she hadn't had to deal with a wound before made it hard. Even though she was a bit nervous, she bit her lip and cleaned the wound thoroughly. After cleaning the wound, she wiped her now bloody hands as clean as she could and gently bandaged her cousin's head. The bandage was tight, but not so tight that it would be painful.

"There." Adele said as she wiped her hands yet again and smiled. " At least you won't faint from blood loss now." she said with a chuckle. "So then," she said as she sat down on a crate. " Where have you been this entire time?" Adele said folding her arms in front of her.
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Mister » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:09 am

Vaughn reached his hand back and felt the bandage, she had done a good job. Shifting his body slowly he propped himself up on one arm, so that he could see her better. "All over," Vaughn said after a moment, "The military had me going just about everywhere. Aparently there's some sort of insurrection in the Capital. They had me fighting malitia there for a few years."

Vaughn paused to think for a bit, the ache in his skull still persisting. "Then i was stationed on some cluster of islands," Vaughn continued after a moment," God knows where that was. The islands were home to some.... unsavory characters. Savages realy, hated us and the government. I lost several good friends in their raids on our bases."

Mister

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:43 am

I like your style, thought Truce, listening to the lady talk as she wrapped her wound. "What about you?" she asked, "You used to seeing people bleed this much?"

"Not usually, no. But recently, we've, ah, been running into the wrong crowd, shall we say? It's been a rough couple of days for my crew; my pilot was shot, we took him to some back-alley doctor, a gang of toughs showed up there, a few other people got hurt, we picked up a stowaway or two... " He sighed. "I'm just lucky nobody was killed, and since I've been unharmed so far, that will probably happen when it's my turn."

They were away from the narrow streets and shops of the markets and were in a richer part of town now, dominated by fine, tall houses packed close together. Each one was surrounded by high fences, to give the illusion of isolation; people on the sidewalk were few and far between, and were often well-dressed. My kind of people, Truce mused. "There it is," he said, pointing to one of the bigger estates ahead of them; it was on a small hill, making it a bit more prominent than the other houses. "You may want to hide your sword before we go in, I'm not sure our friend would appreciate your swordplay as much as I might. By the way, I never got your name, did I?"

---

Izzy was talking about the "strays" they had picked up - wonderful, more engine strain, thought Felix. Get your rear in gear, girl, you've got a lot of work to do...Finally addressing Juan, he said, "You were the new one everyone was talking about last night, aren't you? The one who they were doing all the shooting about? Me and Gavin talked about it last night, 'cause I was out cold for that part of the trip. What a mess you're in, eh?"
---

The girl curled up tighter and began to cry, babbling something about her father and following some order. Raven merely stared for a moment, but leaned down to her ear. "Who is Papa?" she asked, her voice cold and flat at first, but growing to a wailing shout. "What were you supposed to do for him? What are you trying to do now? Why are you here? What is your name? Where did you come from?" As she spoke, she felt herself slowly reaching for her swords, but quickly drew her hands back. "How many people have you killed?"
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby acgifford » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:57 am

Mister (post: 1496712) wrote:Vaughn reached his hand back and felt the bandage, she had done a good job. Shifting his body slowly he propped himself up on one arm, so that he could see her better. "All over," Vaughn said after a moment, "The military had me going just about everywhere. Aparently there's some sort of insurrection in the Capital. They had me fighting malitia there for a few years."

Vaughn paused to think for a bit, the ache in his skull still persisting. "Then i was stationed on some cluster of islands," Vaughn continued after a moment," God knows where that was. The islands were home to some.... unsavory characters. Savages realy, hated us and the government. I lost several good friends in their raids on our bases."

-Adele-

Vaughn slowly shifted into a position in which he could prop himself up with his arm. Adele watched him intently in those moments that she waited for him to speak.

"All over, the military had me going just about everywhere. Apparently there's some sort of insurrection in the Capital. They had me fighting militia there for a few years." explained Vaughn and paused. He seemed to be still suffering from head wound.

At these comments Adele shifted in her seat. Insurrection? she pondered. Adele at this point realized how disconnected from the real world she had been since she started working for Truce. Why hadn't she heard of this until now?

"Then I was stationed on some cluster of islands." continued Vaughn. "God knows where that was. The islands were home to some.... unsavory characters. Savages really, hated us and the government. I lost several good friends in their raids on our bases."

"I see." she said as she looked down imagining what it must have been like to live his life. Perhaps it was kind of how it had been for the crew of the Tiamat the last few days. " But that doesn't explain why you just decided to up and leave your family without a word." said Adele looking still looking down.
acgifford

Postby Mister » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:40 am

Jiliana curled up farther, staring the girl in the eyes. her mind was nearly blank, the brokenness that threatened her mind and heart overwhelming her. Price was all that was keeping her mentaly alive, spiritually alive. "Price.... Papa is Price." her vocie wa shallow, almost a whisper, "Papa asked, me to kill Papa Romesco. Said it would make Papa very happy. Killed? Killed? Killed? killed so many, so much blood, but it made Papa happy..."

At this point great streams of hot tears were running down her face, the pain in her heart was intense. Juliana longed for Price, hurt for him.

Vaughn sighed and said, "I tried to explain it earlier... When dad got sick, we had no money. We couldn't pay the bills for medicine... So i joined the military to get the money we needed. That's why i left, to keep my family alive."

One of Serigi's men opened the front gate as Truce arrived, and kept a close eye on the woman with him. Serigi himself was standing in the window on the second floor, watching their approach with intrest. As they came near the gate he opened the window and called out. "John! let them through. Don't check for weapons. They're friends."

OOC: what time is it in rp? cause Price can't do anything till night time.

Mister

Postby acgifford » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:52 am

Mister (post: 1496892) wrote:

Vaughn sighed and said, "I tried to explain it earlier... When dad got sick, we had no money. We couldn't pay the bills for medicine... So i joined the military to get the money we needed. That's why i left, to keep my family alive."

OOC: what time is it in rp? cause Price can't do anything till night time.

OOC: Thats a good question.:/ Perhaps around 12 or 1? You might want to ask David...

-Adele-

As Adele listened memories flooded into her mind. She could remember her father telling Vaughn's mother that he would pay for the operation needed to help Vaughn's father. Her father assured her that she need not worry paying him back. Adele also remembered the look on Vaughn's face when his mother accepted. Vaughn had never liked to accept money that wasn't his. Not even from family. He was displeased but knew it was the only way to save his father. After those thoughts Adele realized the significance of what Vaughn had just said.

Adele's eyes widened. "Vaughn..." she started. " Dad told your family you did not have to pay him back." She sighed. "But suppose I understand why you did it. You never did like taking money without paying it back." She shrugged and got to her feet. Adele continued to look at him. "Are you going to be all right? You know, with your head and all. I think there are some painkillers in the captain's room." She paused and chuckled slightly. "He gets headaches sometimes. Hrm now...speaking of the captain, I wonder where he went." she said with annoyance edging in her voice. "I do hope he doesn't get himself into trouble. Or for that matter out crew." She started to pace. "We already have people that want to see us murdered." At these words Adele stopped and her face twisted a little. If only the captain would listen to her, they wouldn't be in this mess.
acgifford

Postby Mister » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:40 am

Vaughn worked his way to hsi feet and swayed a little. he caught his footing and said, "I think i'll be fine, painkillers never worked on me anyhow."(ooc: odd fact, this is true for me IRL). Vaughn leaned against some crates and asked, "Not meaning to pry or anything. But someone wanting to murder my cousin concerns me. I mean i have my own set of enemies, but this is different. Who is it?"

Mister

Postby acgifford » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:48 am

Mister (post: 1497154) wrote:Vaughn worked his way to hsi feet and swayed a little. he caught his footing and said, "I think i'll be fine, painkillers never worked on me anyhow."(ooc: odd fact, this is true for me IRL). Vaughn leaned against some crates and asked, "Not meaning to pry or anything. But someone wanting to murder my cousin concerns me. I mean i have my own set of enemies, but this is different. Who is it?"

-Adele-

"I think I'll be fine, painkillers never worked on me anyhow." said Vaughn as he got to his feet and swayed a little. He soon stabilized himself and leaned up against some crates near Adele. "Not meaning to pry or anything. But someone wanting to murder my cousin concerns me. I mean i have my own set of enemies, but this is different. Who is it?" he asked.

Adele looked down and pursed for a moment remembering the chaos that had befallen them the past few days. It felt like years had passed. Her gaze then returned to Vaughn. She wasn't sure how she was going explain.

"Well," she began." There is quite a handful of people. Marcus Price is among them." Adele shivered at the memory his name brought to her. " I am really unsure of how many enemies we have at the moment and of what all of their names are. I know Watari is one of them. Truce **** him off the last deal we tried." she set her jaw crookedly and sighed. "I appreciate your concern, but I don't really see much you can do to get me and my crew out of trouble."
acgifford

Postby Mister » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:16 pm

Vaughn cocked a knowing smirk and shook his head. "Oh i think there is plenty i can do." He said grinning suddenly,"Come Adele, i think we need ot visit a friend of mine. Who knows? We may run into our boyfriend along the way?"

Mister

Postby Nami » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:33 am

OOC: HERE I GOOO!

Mister (post: 1496040) wrote:Eliza blushed slightly when Quinton thanked her. She'd done the same for her borther many times, but this time it was different. Eliza reached out a hand and took hold of Quinton's hand.

"I know that i don't have to Thomas. But it's just that i want to."

Quinton tried not to flinch when Eliza took his hand, not because it hurt, but because he wasn't used to people taking his hand without meaning to slug him in the face. He looked down at her small hand, it was so delicate and frail compared to his calloused hands. Slowly, Thomas lifted his eyes and looked into hers, searching for an answer he couldn't find.

"Why would you want to?" he asked. He wasn't sure he wanted the answer, but his heart pounded hard, so hard he thought it might explode.

Destroyer2000 (post: 1496115) wrote:"The captain hasn't shown up yet? Well, that would explain why the crew is in complete disarray." Van looked back up at the Tiamat, at the damage. Metal was sheered off in places, bullet holes peppered the exterior. He shook his head. "I hope this entire journey hasn't been like this for them]

MomentOfInertia (post: 1496329) wrote:I found Van and Rellia joking around outside]

Rellia watched the boys talk and smirked, "Well, everyone is looking for an escape." She commented on Van's words. "Not that I'm aware of." She said looking at Gavin, "though it's odd, he seems to be very free with his words and spirit." She shrugged. "He has no reason to fear speaking the way he does." Rellia chuckled, "that's how I am."

"By the way, what's your job on the crew?" she asked Gavin.

Davidizer13 (post: 1496869) wrote:I like your style, thought Truce, listening to the lady talk as she wrapped her wound. "What about you?" she asked, "You used to seeing people bleed this much?"

"Not usually, no. But recently, we've, ah, been running into the wrong crowd, shall we say? It's been a rough couple of days for my crew]My kind of people,[/I] Truce mused. "There it is," he said, pointing to one of the bigger estates ahead of them; it was on a small hill, making it a bit more prominent than the other houses. "You may want to hide your sword before we go in, I'm not sure our friend would appreciate your swordplay as much as I might. By the way, I never got your name, did I?"

Jackie chuckled, "well, a lot of times we always get comeuppance for missing a beating." she tied the bandages tight and breathed easier once the blood stopped pushing out. "But don't worry, if you have me as a body-guard, I can protect you from anything that might want to harm you."

She hesitated, "I thought I gave you my name Captain Truce... oh well, I'm Jackie." she shrugged, "and don't ask for my last name. As far as I remember, I don't have one." she looked at the estate and blinked rapidly. "That house has some of the richest people in town..." she glanced at Truce, "what business do you have with people like them?"

Izzy was talking about the "strays" they had picked up - wonderful, more engine strain, thought Felix. Get your rear in gear, girl, you've got a lot of work to do...Finally addressing Juan, he said, "You were the new one everyone was talking about last night, aren't you? The one who they were doing all the shooting about? Me and Gavin talked about it last night, 'cause I was out cold for that part of the trip. What a mess you're in, eh?"

Isabella cocked her head at Felix, and turned back to Juan. She was curious as well how he had come to be in a mess with a blood thirsty beast like Price.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Darth_Kirby » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Maiz was witness something of a horror story from Raven and the little miss assassin.

"Sure, she's a killer, but she's a little girl too! Go easy on the poor thing!" Maiz thought to himself.

What really chilled Ulairez's blood was the responses from the girl.

"Papa asked, me to kill Papa Romesco. Said it would make Papa very happy. Killed? Killed? Killed? killed so many, so much blood, but it made Papa happy..."

"They must have one heck of a twisted psycho on their tale to make such a little girl kill until she can't keep count! Maiz thought with disgust.

Maiz thought it was about time to interfere, but then stopped himself.

"Sure, it's wrong, but it's not my business entirely. If necessary I can switch ships. Better not to anger the crew... but then again, she can't really tell me what to do with the money I'm paying her captain either.... Bah! I'll just calm Raven down. We have all we need to know from the freak aside from her name."

Ulairez finally decided to step out into the open.

"Hey, Raven. Chill a bit will you? The kid obviously doesn't have the most stable of minds if you know what I mean."
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby acgifford » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:43 am

-Adele-

Just then a smirk spread across Vaughn's face. Not the kind one would normally expect in a situation like this. No. It the kind of smirk that meant that you knew something the other person didn't. "Oh I think there is plenty I can do." said Vaughn as a grin flashed onto his face,"Come Adele, I think we need to visit a friend of mine. Who knows? We may run into our boyfriend along the way?"

Adele watched as he started off. "Hey wait a minute!" cried Adele. "We can't just leave the crew while you and I go on some wild goose chase." Her gaze fell on Van, Gavin and Rellia outside the plane. They seemed so oblivious as they joked outside the plane. Adele looked back into Vaughn's eyes. "I can't leave them. If I did, that would be abandoning them as well as my position." she sighed. Adele wanted so much to get away from this plane for a bit. Get some fresh air. Be alone. She was sick and tired of being cooped up in the plane. "Is there some way we can contact your friend without leaving the plane?" Adele couldn't believe she had just said that. Saying that they wouldn't leave the plane almost was painful to say. Being the woman she was, she pushed the thoughts of leaving to the back of her mind. She didn't need them interfering with with her decisions as the captain's second and her outward emotions.
acgifford

Postby Mister » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Vaughn nodded thoughtfully and said, "In the plane? no. But in the hangar? yes." Vaughn walked carefully out of the plane, and past those talking. He led Adele to a small box on the hangar wall. It was a small military issue landline.

Picking up the reciever he jiggled it infront of Adele and said, "if we con't go to him, then we'll make him come to us."

Mister

Postby acgifford » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:16 am

Mister (post: 1498001) wrote:Vaughn nodded thoughtfully and said, "In the plane? no. But in the hangar? yes." Vaughn walked carefully out of the plane, and past those talking. He led Adele to a small box on the hangar wall. It was a small military issue landline.

Picking up the reciever he jiggled it infront of Adele and said, "if we con't go to him, then we'll make him come to us."

-Adele-

Vaughn nodded thoughtfully and said. "In the plane? no. But in the hangar? yes." Just then Vaughn made his way down the ramp of the plane and past the group of the oblivious. Adele followed close behind him wondering where he was going with his thought. She wasn't sure. After a short walk they approached a small box up against the hangar wall. It was a land-line of some sort. Adele guessed it was perhaps military.

Vaughn picked up the receiver and jiggled it in front of her and said. "If we can't go to him, then we'll make him come to us." There seemed to be a slightly smug look on his face. The one that always appeared when he had a good idea and revealed the results of it. Adele knew that look all to well.

Adele held Vaughn's eyes for a moment and took the receiver from him. She had always trusted him. Why shouldn't she now. Her thoughts paused. Maybe best not to try and find reasons not to trust him. Adele wanted to trust him. Her logic threatened to ask why she had these feelings but she pushed it down.

"Okay...make the call." said Adele feeling her stomach do a back flip. She swallowed and told herself not to be nervous. What would captain Truce do? Her thoughts paused and she inwardly laughed. Never mind.
acgifford

Postby Mister » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Vaughn placed the reciever to his ear and cranked the lever on the side. After several quick cranks he stopped and waited, when the small voice on the other line asked for his direction he spoke loud and clear. "5th Elm Street, MI Block Seventeen, name is Hot Soup."

The Operator confirmed his call request and switched him over. after a moment the line crackled and an old high pitched voice whispered hoarsly. "It's Han Zu you pale skinned barbarian..." his vocie was weak, but held the bite of a keen mind. "Hello Hot Soup, i'd love to say your name, but others are listening in. I need to you to meet me somewhere, i need information on someone."

There was a heavey sigh on the other end and then a request for a name. Vaughn told him Price's name and told him where to bring the info. Hanging up the reciever he turned to Adele and said, "Now, we wait."

Mister

Postby Darth_Kirby » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Hey guys, I'm not going to be able to RP anymore as I am going to be gone from the site for an undetermined period of time. So... I leave Maiz up for anyone who wants him. Kill him off, whatever you want.

Darth_Kirby

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:59 am

Nami (post: 1497522) wrote:Rellia watched the boys talk and smirked, "Well, everyone is looking for an escape." She commented on Van's words. "Not that I'm aware of." She said looking at Gavin, "though it's odd, he seems to be very free with his words and spirit." She shrugged. "He has no reason to fear speaking the way he does." Rellia chuckled, "that's how I am."

"By the way, what's your job on the crew?" she asked Gavin.

IC:Gavin

"By the way, what's your job on the crew?" she asked.

"I'm supposed to be the radioman, that and take care of the other finicky little electronic things on board, but, I've been dragged into piloting some of the time, and I think I'm in charge of security since the last guy wandered off.
"What job are you looking to get?"
MomentOfInertia

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:51 pm

"Your guess is as good as mine, Ms. Jackie," Truce muttered with a shrug. He passed the guard a couple drachmae as they went inside the estate. The house looked even more majestic from inside the fence, a small mansion built with brownstone and marble pillars, with a wide, green lawn all around it. "I don't ever remember meeting this fellow before. Back in my younger days, though, I was a society man, thanks to my father. But that was back on Sukoba, in a past life..."

"When Father's company fell apart in the crash, he was a ruined man. Some people say you can die of a broken heart, I don't know if that's true or not, but it's the best way I can describe it. The inheritance was barely enough to buy the Tiamat and hire a skeleton crew, but it's gotten me this far, hasn't it?" He nodded to the doorman at the front door; the door was made of some dark wood and metal bars. Apparently, the owner had reason to make everything secure. Truce swallowed hard, his brain screaming that they were walking into a trap as they passed into the house. "Stay close, do you understand?" he whispered to Jackie, eyeing a maid cautiously as she went to get the man of the house.

---

Raven stared at the girl as she continued crying, making a terrible racket. She decided to make one of her own in response. "You murderer!" she bellowed in Jiliana's ear. "You're killing people just because some idiot is telling you to, aren't you? Aren't you? And now you're going to kill everyone on this plane and then go somewhere else and do the same and...Excuse me," she said, suddenly stopping her attack. With a turn of the heel, she whipped around and addressed Maiz. "I know she's unstable. I know she's crazy. I know that if we let her stay, she's just going to tear us into ribbons and we'll be a ghost crew with a ghost story and someone will buy the ship and...you know what? Fine, you can deal with the crazy girl! I'll be standing over here, watching you two..." She took up a spot nearby where she had a good view, slowly drawing a sword, just in case.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby samurai10 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:51 pm

OOC: Thank you Nami for taking over Jackie! *huggles* You did a great job! :D You musta been reading my mind..... *suspicious*

But anyway, I'm back, and I shall proceed to make a post with Jackie.

IC: "Of course," she whispered in reply. "This house doesn't make me feel any less easy then you." After a few moments, she added, "You musta had a hard time. Well, I mean, time always usually heals the wounds no matter how bad but still." She sighed. "I don't remember my past. I've got amnesia."

She suddenly glanced at him and giggled a bit. "Sorry, I say facts that don't matter a lot." Inside she chastised herself. What are you doing being so idiotic?!
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying