Altitude: Islands in the Sky

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Nami » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:49 am

Gabriel lifted his head and looked at Van, he was a new guy. He blinked and sighed heavily. "Yes, she is." He said rubbing his stomach. "She has always had a bad temper, but that's really the first time I've ever seen her attempt to kill someone."

Rellia's eyes had grown wide over the occurring incident, and she stared down at the unconscious man. "Well, I'd say that's what happens when you mess with a female." She crossed her arms, laughter bubbled in her belly. "That was greatly amusing."

Gabriel glanced at her too, where were all these people coming from? he groaned. "I think she would have killed me too." he muttered.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Mister » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:16 am

Vaughn never blinked or remove his amused grin as the petty theif pulled his gun on him. the gun never would have made it out of the holster if he'd not wanted it to. Vaughn had heard Izzy howl and come running, but decided she wasn't that much of a threat. But boy was he wrong.

The initial contact of the wrench was felt, and registered before his brain crashed into the frontal shell of his skull. Finally causing trama and an immediate loss of consciousness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby acgifford » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 am

-Adele-

Van attempted to look sober but to no avail. The sides of his mouth were twitching at the effort to keep a straight face. Adele clenched her fists hard trying control her temper. She figured she should at least try and keep her cool considering that many of the crew where already high strung as of right now. Just then Van glanced at Adele's cousin.

"Is that any way to speak to a lady? Granted she pulled me into a firefight, is indirectly responsible for the death of one of my beloved pistols, and drug me throughout our fair city, she is still a lady, and offering me a ride off this place." said Van rather matter of factly. Turning to Izzy he thrust his thumb behind him at Adele and Rellia. "Friend of yours?" Abruptly, Van whipped around and took Adele's hand and kissed it. Then promptly did the same too Rellia. "And what would your names be? Lily and Rose, perhaps? For you are both as beautiful as flowers." he said smoothly as he leapt out of the way as if expecting one of the girls to take a swing at him. Adele might have if he hadn't been smart enough to do so.

"Now listen you!" screamed Izzy fiercely as she shoved between Adele and Rellia and jutted her finger at Vaghn. "I may have a mouth bigger than my head, but at least I don't have a head bigger than my body!! So big in fact that when he tries to go through doors it gets stuck!" She screeched with fury burning in her face as she shook her wrench in Vaghn's face. Adele merely gaped as she watched Izzy threaten her dear cousin. "And if you ever speak to me like that again, I can promise you that you won't have any teeth left by the time I'm done with you!!" Izzy threatened viciously and stormed off up the Tiamat's ramp and into the plane.

It was silent for a moment as the crew was momentarily in shock. "Uh." said Rellia sheepishly. "Ah, I'm, actually Rellia Torvick." she said to Van as she laughed at his deffensive maneuvers. "Though I may be shocked, I don't beat people up for being a flirt-face." she said with giggled.

Adele was still staring with her mouth open as the rest of the crew didn't seem to be moved at all by Izzy's misbehavior.

"Nice to meet you, green-eyes. The name's Van Hartmore. And I wasn't so concerned about you decking me; it was more or less your friend there," he said as he bowed to Rellia. "She looks ready to kill." he said with a smirk as he pointed to Adele.

Adele blinked rapidly as if being surprised awake and glared at Van. Just then, her cousin glanced at her. "Don't think anything of this." Vaghn said quietly. As Adele open her mouth to protest, Vaghn interrupted her. "I'll be back." He strode up the ramp into the Tiamat after Izzy.

Adele inwardly cringed as she wondered what on Earth her idiot cousin could be saying or doing to Izzy. Adele had lost control of the crew. She was Truce's second wasn't she? Why was everything so chaotic? She gritted her teeth as she attempted to figure a way of gaining control of the overly excitable crew in front of her. Adele toyed with the idea of giving a long shout to get everyone to settle down, and then speaking to them. Yes.. she thought. That has to be the only way. As she opened her mouth to speak, Vaghn exited the plane with a rather stupid grin on his face.

"That's your punishment!" he shouted back as he grinned at Adele,"There, all done!"

Just as Adele opened her mouth to say something, yet again she was interrupted as Vaghn addressed Van and blatantly ignored her.

"Sir you are a vagabond, and a bad one at that. Already i could have taken that precious pistol several times." he said grinning smugly as he pulled out a pouch from his pocket and tossed it to the gunman."This is yours," he said smirking,"you'd better become a gentleman before you talk like one."

Again Adele was left speechless. What is wrong with these people? Even my cousin is freakin moron!! she thought angrily. Course...how has that changed from when we were kids?

Just as Van opened his mouth to retort, the crew heard a rather unearthly shriek come from the Tiamat. Izzy came charging down ramp wielding two wrenches as weapons. Clearly she was after Vaghn. Before anyone could do anything, Izzy had viciously swung and struck Vaghn over the back of his head with her wrench. He was out cold.

"I TOLD YOU YOU WRETCHED PIECE OF TRASH!" She screamed in a tone Adele had never heard before. It was if she had been possessed.

Izzy raised her wrench once more to injure her dear cousin more. Adele's eyes grew wide with fear and her blood ran cold as her body tense. She moved towards Izzy in what seemed to be slow motion. She would stop Izzy from killing the only one who had ever been close to a brother to her. As Adele neared Izzy, she noticed that Izzy had stopped. It was her brother Gabe. He had grasped her wrist with an iron grip that she could not escape.

"Stop Izzie! You'll kill him!" Gabe shouted, as he kept grip on her wrist. "Lord have mercy! What's come over you?! The man's already out bloody cold!!"

Another un-Earthly shriek erupted from Izzy as she struggled to break free of her brother's grip. In this attempt she kneed him in the stomach, but Gabe did not budge. He merely grunted in pain. She shucked one of her wrenches at him. Gabe only dodged it barely

Adele stared in horror as the two fought. "That, bloody scoundrel KISSED ME!!"She shrieked as she shucked the other wrench at Vaghn's now limp body. It luckily missed him just barely.

"I should kill him!!" She snarled. "I want to kill him!!!

Gabe stared at from his sister to Vaghn. "Well, he'll definitely have a headache bigger than the moon when he wakes up." he wheezed.

"Adele! If you let this scum on our plane, I'll never. Ever. Forgive you!" Izzy shouted as Gabe let her go and she stormed off into the plane.

Adele merely stared after her in shock. She couldn't believe what had just happened. Vaghn did something worse than she would have ever imagined he would. Adele ripped her eyes from where Izzy had once been and starred down at Vaghn. His head was bleeding pretty badly. "Vaghn..."she whispered. "You idiot..."

Adele heard Gabe collapse to the ground not to far off behind her. "Lord have mercy on that man." He mumbled. "God save us all."

This entire time Van had been howling with laughter. Adele did not understand what was so funny about a man, especially her cousin, getting clobbered.

Van stopped laughing and knelt beside Vaghn and started rifling through his clothes looking for valuables. "If I'm overly macho," he said looking down at Vaghn's crumpled mass, "It works out better than it does for you."

Adele stood and watched in horror as did this. She boiled inside as she watched. Who did he think he was? Her eyes were set ablaze. Adele was almost completely at the end of her rope with these imbeciles. Her face was now thoroughly red and her eyes flashed. Her pretty little mouth was now pursed and pulled down in fury.

"She's a handful all the time?" asked Van as he looked at Gabe.

"Yes, she is." He said rubbing his stomach. "She has always had a bad temper, but that's really the first time I've ever seen her attempt to kill someone." he said darkly.

"Well, I'd say that's what happens when you mess with a female." Rellia retorted as she laughed inappropriately. "That was greatly amusing."

If looks could kill, Adele's would have when she glared at Rellia.

"I think she would have killed me too." he muttered.

Adele couldn't take it any more. She lost control of herself. "ALRIGHT!!! LISTEN UP YOU IMBECILES!!!" she screamed panting. She marched up to Van and slapped him so hard, one would think his head would spin around. Adele stared at him huffing in rage and then looked around at everyone else in the hangar around her. She knelt beside Vaghn and rolled him over. She then placed her hand gently on his face and shook her head.

Everyone was silent. Adele's eyes never left Vaghn's face. "Van...." she said calmly but the rage was burning in every quiet word. "If you ever take advantage of my cousin like that again, I will take your gun and give you some lead to chew on...." she paused pursing her lips. "Understand?" Adele then rose and faced the rest of the group. "As for the rest of you...." Her face was ridged and un-Earthly in her anger. She was sure none of them had really seen her this angry. "You...will show some respect to me and the Captain. I may be the Captain's second but I am not going to put up with everyone acting like freakin animals...Is that understood?" Her eyes fell on Gabe. "Thank you. You seem to be the only civilized person in this hangar." Adele made eye contact with everyone in the room and held it for a moment. She then marched up the ramp to find Izzy. Adele searched the Tiamat and found Izzy in the usual spot. The Engine Room. She peaked in through the door. "May i come in?"she asked calmly.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Destroyer2000 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Van laughed, looking at the body. He could really get to like this crew, he thought. He never even saw the slap coming.

It hit, and the other woman blew her lid. Van blinked, surprised by her reaction. He laughed, and looked around at the rest of the people, and some of the onlookers from other crews. Then followed her up into the plane, shouting, "Sweetheart, you aren't the first woman to slap me. You'll have to try harder than that! He looked thoughtful for a moment, then added, "And as for being uncivilized...I'm a thief. What did you expect?"

And tossed Adele's wallet into the air and he whistled to himself.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:25 pm

IC:Gavin

Klaus runs one of the best gunsmithing & military surplus shops in Ikura. it's a small operation that few have heard of but the man is a genius; his old man was a watchmaker and Klaus does a bit of business in timepieces too, but firearms are his strength. An old family friend Klaus had supplied me with most of my weapons over the years, and I sold him some of the odder items I "collected" during my time as a security guard pirates have some of the strangest weapons you'll ever see, I guess they think they're intimidating or something; I picked them up from people who didn't need them anymore, sell them to Klaus, he would tinker with them till they actually worked, and then sell them as "custom prototypes" or whatever.

"Hey, Klaus! that rifle ready yet?"
"Ahh, Gavin, right? Yes, I'll get it"
He ducked into the back room momentarily, and came out with my new rife; A beautiful M1 fitted with a scope and modified to accept a large box magazine up through the bottom
"Hey I though it was supposed to have a folding stock like the old one"
""Yes it was, unfortunately I was unable to get the components for it and did not have the time to make one."
"Didn't have time? it's been months!"
"Well, business has been up lately, and-"
"Right, right, people who only roll in once or twice a year get bumped to the back of the line. Did you get the rest of it done?"
"Yes, everything has been tuned to perfection, this catch here tilts the scope clear of the sights, and if you pull these pins you can remove the scope without it losing zero. the stock, while not the folding unit you requested, has been drilled out to hold the cleaning kit. I've also got several large magazines"
"Nice, box it up, as long as I'm here I'd like to get some other stuff"
"Of course"
"And if you could look at this too" I said setting my pocket watch on the counter.
"hmm, what's wrong with it?"
I stated wandering the shelves.
"It stopped, I think something got into it, jammed up the gears"
"should be an easy fix then," he said picking it up;
"Gavin, I think I've found the problem"
"That was quick." I said picking up a few boxes of .45 ammo and some clips for my pistols.
"There's a bullet in here"
"I thought that might be it"
"I could fix it but, you would be better off buying a new one"
"Uh-huh, how much you want then?"
"Hmm this is one of mine isn't it?"
"Yes."
"Tell you what, you let me keep this and tell me the story; and I'll give you a new one."
"Alright. Hey how much for this field surgeon kit?"
"eh take it, that shotgun you sold me last time has been worth a fortune in referrals, and no one else has even looked at it."
"Great. ...You mean someone actually bought that thing?"
"Yes, it's quite the conversation piece I'm told." He said as I Grabbed a few boxes of ammo for the rifle and came back to the counter.
"I'll take these too." I said setting everything down.
"I just need a little something to keep Izz from killing me..."
There it was an army helmet with a pair of goggles on it, they looked like they were for someone with a motorcycle "Or an engine that's been spitting bits ... might work"
"And this." I said grabbing the helmet.

I settled the bill for the ammo and clips, traded my tale for a new(er) timepiece, and Klaus even threw in a box to carry it all in.
I set out for the radio shop a few blocks away, the decided to head back to the Tiamat instead when I heard gunfire. I didn't want to get caught in a fight while I was carrying the box, just duck back, drop it off, then go get an expert opinion on the weird 'radiophone' Price had sent us.

As I was nearing the hangar I heard a shriek and changed course to come up on the hanger from the back, as I neared the door I heard tow loud clangs, Isabella screaming something and then stomping up the ramp.
Slipping through the door and up to he plane, I heard Adele shouting; "ALRIGHT!!! LISTEN UP YOU IMBECILES!!!"
"Ohh, glad I'm not on that side of the hangar."
I heard someone march up the ramp, and I slid around the side of the plane to see Gabe siting at the bottom of the ramp, some guy laying unconscious (dead?) on the floor, Isabella's wrenches lying on the ground(so that's what those clangs were), a girl smirking, and some idiot charging up the ramp announcing he was committing suicide.
I set my box on the top of the ramp, walked over to Gabe, and asked; "What did I miss?"

OOC: Long post, posting before it gets any longer; I'm sure when Atmos gets back he'll make it look like a 'tweet' though. XD
Almost 400 posts, I'm kind of down about how few of them are mine, I'm going to try to work on that.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Nami » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:38 am

OOC: WARNING! LONG POST AHEAD!

IC: Gabriel turned his head and groaned as his stomach ached. "A lot." He muttered, grabbing Gavin's pants, he pulled himself up and held onto Gavin's shoulders. "Some guy, that guy," he pointed at the unconscious Vaughn. "Kissed Isabella, and she flew off the handle, and nearly killed him. Then me when I tried to restrain her, she kneed me in the gut and hurled a wrench at me and him." He waved his hand at Van, "that guy rifled through his clothes and Adele hit him, now he's shouting after her... though I can't fathom why he wants to die." He muttered the end part.

"And this, I don't know who this is." He said looking at Rellia, who had an eyebrow quirked. The second in command was a strong woman, she smiled. That was good.

"I'm Rellia Torvick." She held out her hand, and Gabriel shook it, "Gabriel De Luca." he replied. "This here is Gavin."

Rellia looked Gavin up and down and nodded, "pleasure to meet you. Wow, this crew sure is huge. How do you fit them all?"

Gabriel shrugged, "we squish ourselves like sardines." He groaned again, "man Izzie was furious. We'd better stay out of her way for a good long time."

-----

Isabella felt burning tears in her eyes, anger had brought them and she worked rubbing them away from her eyes. 'That stupid man! How dare me even touch me!' she thought, shuddering at the memory, she wanted to burn her lips off right there. "Ugh, disgusting scoundrel." she muttered.

At Adele's voice, she turned around. Knowing full well she was going to get lectured. She didn't care, she didn't regret what she had down except for the fact that it caused Adele trouble. That, she regretted.

"Hello Adele." Isabella said, the tears had stopped burning and disappeared. "I suppose you are going to give me a lecture that'll make my ears fall off. And I can't blame you, I deserve it." She sighed and plunked down on a mental work bench. "But I'm not sorry for what I did. He had no right to touch me, much less kiss me." She scowled darkly at the floor. "I'm sorry that I caused you trouble though." she sighed, this was only the fourth time she had apologized out loud. It was hard to do, but she had to if she wanted Adele to believe her.

"Go ahead, do whatever you want. I won't complain." Isabella's eyes were directed at the farthest corner of the engine-room. She was struggling to keep the angry tears from rushing out.

----------

Quinton limped down the street, blood dripping from his wound. He didn't look at anyone and people pretended not to see him. Which was fine, he'd prefer not to be pitied by these people. All he needed and wanted, was a place to rest and clean up.

Quinton's eyes landed on a rough looking hotel, he stumbled in. The hotel manager stared at the blood slowly dripping down his leg.

"I need a room." He threw a bag down on the counter, "the best room, farthest from the front." The man continued to stare, but did as he was told. It wasn't the first time he'd seen blood, but he had never seen it this bad. With a steady hand he handed the key to Quinton.

"You need anything else, senior?" The man asked, with a heavy Spanish accent.

"No thank you." Quinton paused half-way up the stairs, "actually bring me a bottle of the strongest liquor you have." the man nodded rapidly and disappeared. Quinton fished the key from his pocket when he found the room and went in, collapsing on the bed. He huffed, wincing. All he could think about, was how he would rather be sitting with Eliza, and not bleeding out on an old dirty bed.

The hotel manager came in and placed the bottle, with unasked for wrappings on the wobbly nightstand. "Please take care of yourself senior."

"Are you worried about me, or your dirty sheets?" Quinton muttered, his eyes icy-cold. The man shuddered and stepped out of the room without answering and closed the door. Quinton snorted and grabbed the bottle, he read the label and smirked. "Good ole Jack." he mumbled.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:11 am

Nami (post: 1493656) wrote:-----

Isabella felt burning tears in her eyes, anger had brought them and she worked rubbing them away from her eyes. 'That stupid man! How dare me even touch me!' she thought, shuddering at the memory, she wanted to burn her lips off right there. "Ugh, disgusting scoundrel." she muttered.

At Adele's voice, she turned around. Knowing full well she was going to get lectured. She didn't care, she didn't regret what she had down except for the fact that it caused Adele trouble. That, she regretted.

"Hello Adele." Isabella said, the tears had stopped burning and disappeared. "I suppose you are going to give me a lecture that'll make my ears fall off. And I can't blame you, I deserve it." She sighed and plunked down on a mental work bench. "But I'm not sorry for what I did. He had no right to touch me, much less kiss me." She scowled darkly at the floor. "I'm sorry that I caused you trouble though." she sighed, this was only the fourth time she had apologized out loud. It was hard to do, but she had to if she wanted Adele to believe her.

"Go ahead, do whatever you want. I won't complain." Isabella's eyes were directed at the farthest corner of the engine-room. She was struggling to keep the angry tears from rushing out.

-Adele-

"Hello Adele. I suppose you are going to give me a lecture that'll make my ears fall off. And I can't blame you, I deserve it." said Izzy as she sighed and plopped down on the bench. "But I'm not sorry for what I did. He had no right to touch me, much less kiss me." she scoweled darky at the floor. "I'm sorry that I caused you trouble though. Go ahead, do whatever you want. I won't complain."

Adele's green eyes softened as she listened to Izzy's apology. She was sorry. Gracefully Adele entered the engine room and sat herself down beside Izzy. She rested her fore arms on her thighs and put her slender hands together. Adele was silent for a moment as she thought what to say to her. She could tell that Izzy was greatly upset by the whole incident. Adele scanned the engine room that was the De Luca's home. It seemed like such a loud place to sleep, but she guessed it was home to them. The anger that infect her previously was mostly gone at this point.

"Izzy..."Adele began. "You are right. My cousin shouldn't have done what he did." she paused and sighed in frustration. " I am very sorry for what happened and I hope you can forgive him and I. Whether or not you like him, I do highly suspect he will be joining us. He is my cousin after all. Hate me if you wish, but he and I share blood. I will however speak to him." she sighed yet again. " I do not think I need to tell you this, but what you did back there was completely out of line. If you ever do something like that again, me and the captain may be forced to send you home. You could have killed a man today." Adele closed her eyes for a moment and then turned to hold Izzy's eyes. "What on Earth came over you?" she asked quietly but firmly.
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Mister » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:35 am

Eliza Price had spoken with Quinton much in the past months and found herself liking the man. He was rough, merciless, a killer. But deep inside he was gentle, kinda, caring. She saw past the learned mask of terror he'd established in the eyes of others. Whenever Quinton had looked at her with his cold, hard, eyes she'd detected the faintest glimmer of softness within, of a longing for warmth.

It was because of this, and her self proclaimed mission to save Quinton from himself, that she had followed him to Ikura. Of course she had waited till he had departed to leave herself, for it would do him no good to have to worry about her. She had landed in Ikura only an hour after he had and, with the help of her assistants, she secured a room at a low profile hotel. It was only a few hours after she had sent her assistants out looking for Quinton, that she heard his voice down the hall.

Rolling her wheelchair to the door she opened it and wheeled out. As she entered the hall she saw the hotel owner leaving a room not four doors down. From inside the room she had heard Quinton's voice, her breath caught in her chest as she realized that she'd be seeing him again.

The owner bowed slightly as he passed her and never threw a backwards glance at the room. Eliza rolled her chair to the door which she presumed was Quinton's and knocked gently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watari made it to the docks without incident, his wound blazing with pain. But even as he disembarked the jeep and headed for his private plane, compliments of Serigi Foxhound, two more jeeps roared down the road and screeched to a stop nearby. Watari's head informant rushed over to him. "Mister Watari!" the man was nearly shouting, "big news! Price is here!" Watari wheeled on the man and shouted, "WHAT!? where have you seen him!?"

The man hesitated, "Well, you see sir. We haven't actually seen him." his voice was shakey but gained confidence as he spoke, "But his sister is in town, so we figured he'd be here as well!" Watari froze, his mind racing, he was suddenly keyed up. This was the opportunity he'd been waiting for! The one thing Price had a weakness for was his only kin, Eliza Price. "Get me a doctor, boys." Watari was suddenly grinning from ear to ear, "We're not done in Ikura yet."

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:13 pm

"It's a plane, a beauty of one, too," said Truce, in tones of admiration and pride as he and the woman walked together, back through the markets. "It's a Cosgrove 1700, fixed up to carry people and fly faster. I call it Tiamat, after a sea dragon in some old tale, and it's in a hangar right now over in the 11th Ward. You'll love it, promise!"

There was a tap on his shoulder; some tough had come over to them, and said someone was looking for Truce. He said it in tones that suggested that there wasn't much room for compromise, and slipped a business card with an address into Truce's hand. Truce gulped, and then pulled out a couple drachmae for a tip, sending him on his way. Once he was out of sight, Truce whispered to Jackie, "What say you and I make a deal? This Serigi fellow probably isn't going to wait up for me, so how would you like to be my bodyguard for a bit? As long as you look tough and don't pass out, you'll be fine!"

---

Maiz's words brought Raven back to the present. She looked back to the rooftops to see that the chase was over, the participants long gone. "Yeah, you're right," she said, "it's over." With a step to the left, she disappeared into the crowd, but still tailed Maiz from a distance as he looked for his next hiding place. "We need to get back to the plane, nobody's guarding it," she announced suddenly, once she caught back up. Mentally, she was kicking herself for leaving her "post," what with the crazies on board. Worse still, she didn't like being out in the open like this in public; she did her best to keep an eye on what everyone around her was doing, but there were always those few she missed.

Still, she wasn't sure the captain would appreciate it if their guest got stabbed in the back when she wasn't around. She decided to keep silent about all her other worries and just follow wherever he went.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Darth_Kirby » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:54 pm

[quote="Davidizer13 (post: 1493754)"]Maiz's words brought Raven back to the present. She looked back to the rooftops to see that the chase was over, the participants long gone. "Yeah, you're right," she said, "it's over." With a step to the left, she disappeared into the crowd, but still tailed Maiz from a distance as he looked for his next hiding place. "We need to get back to the plane, nobody's guarding it," she announced suddenly, once she caught back up. Mentally, she was kicking herself for leaving her "post," what with the crazies on board. Worse still, she didn't like being out in the open like this in public]

Ulairez was right. She tailed him like a good self-proclaimed bodyguard. Granted he was a valuable costumer to the captain, so it made sense.

"Sure thing. Would hate for the crazy girl to cut loose of her ropes. She probably has a few extra knives despite the fact that we searched her."

Maiz turned around and walked backwards when he said this. Just as he was doing it, he noticed that girl bumped into Raven rather smoothly. Too smoothly. The girl was carrying some rolled up rope, but some of it was trailing behind her. Maiz stepped on the rope. The girl stopped suddenly.

"Excuse me miss. Return my friends valuables."

The girl's eyes widened and looked as if she was about to run, then Maiz pulled back his windbreaker a bit to show his 50 cal. off. The girl's face showed immediately that she had now rejected that option. With a cold reluctance the girl pulled out a small pouch of money that she had hidden within the coils of the ropes and tossed it back to Raven.

"Thank you, and good day," Maiz said then turned and started to head back towards the Tiamat again.

For good measure Maiz checked his pockets.

"Yep... All still there. Good!"
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby samurai10 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:39 pm

OOC: Pretend Jackie cleaned her big sword and put it back in it's sheath, even though I never said anything about that. XD Oh, and Jackie's slightly muscular. Slightly. And she has a smaller sword which she uses with people who are experts and nimble with swords. She uses her big one for people with guns, and people who are amateurs at swordplay.

IC: This time, she couldn't help it. She laughed out loud. "Yes, mister, there's no way I'd pass out unless somebody killed me or came anywhere near me with a needle. But I have two conditions. First, you must pay the amount that I say at the end of the job. Second...Hold my jacket while we're going to wherever we're going. Gotta patch this up, y'know." She indicated her arm, while slowly taking off her jacket.

"By the way, what's your name?"
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:50 am

Van paused as he heard voices around the corner. The interior of the plane was actually rather impressive, but the damage inside reflected what had been done to the exterior. He heard Isabella and the other girl, the one that had slapped them, talking, and what sounded like an apology.

Crap, I do not want to get involved in this.

He started to leave, before kicking an unseen cog laying in the floor and freezing in place.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Nami » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:12 am

OOC: *bows to Samu-chan* I shall strive hard to keep Jackie in character at all times ^_^

IC: Isabella De Luca had lost her temper on many occasions, and even come close to killing her own brother once or twice. But when it came to strangers she would generally ignore them. Unless they did something that kept her from ignoring them. Just like what Vaughn had done. It didn't take much for her to fly off the handle, but to really lose it, it took an event of no small magnitude.

So when Adele asked what had come over her. She didn't know how to respond. Isabella sat in silence for a long moment, thinking over what had come over her. 'That jerk, that's what. You've never been kissed in your whole life, nor did you really want to be. And if you did, you wanted it to be like dad and mamma.' She rested her chin in the palm of her hand, as her elbow dug into her leg.

"Adele," she sighed, "I understand what I did could get be sent away." she looked at the ground, "and what came over me was a dire need to protect myself." She snapped her head up to Adele, meeting the woman's eyes. "What would you do? If a man you didn't even know, just charged after you and kissed you?" She cocked a brow. "I suspect you'd be pretty angry yourself. I was merely protecting myself, and I hate being taken advantage of. If I hadn't taught him a lesson to fear me, he would have thought it was alright to continue acting that way." She sighed again.

"I hate men like that." she muttered.A sound from the hall of the ship made her look up. Isabella quietly stood and peered out into the hall, she spotted Van not far down and rolled her eyes.

"You don't need to sneak off, just wait around or better yet, browse. But if you steal anything the Captain will know." She warned. "Feel free to look around the plane."

--------------

Quinton had uncorked the bottle and was getting ready to dump it on his wound when he heard a soft knock at the door. Stiffening, he grabbed his gun. He quietly sat up and rested so that if it was an enemy, he could shoot him.

"Who is it?" he asked. Tension rippled through him as he waited for a reply, his bedroom door was locked after all, it wasn't as if the person could just walk in.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:10 am

Destroyer2000 (post: 1494409) wrote:Van paused as he heard voices around the corner. The interior of the plane was actually rather impressive, but the damage inside reflected what had been done to the exterior. He heard Isabella and the other girl, the one that had slapped them, talking, and what sounded like an apology.

Crap, I do not want to get involved in this.

He started to leave, before kicking an unseen cog laying in the floor and freezing in place.

Nami (post: 1494411) wrote:OOC: *bows to Samu-chan* I shall strive hard to keep Jackie in character at all times ^_^

IC: Isabella De Luca had lost her temper on many occasions, and even come close to killing her own brother once or twice. But when it came to strangers she would generally ignore them. Unless they did something that kept her from ignoring them. Just like what Vaughn had done. It didn't take much for her to fly off the handle, but to really lose it, it took an event of no small magnitude.

So when Adele asked what had come over her. She didn't know how to respond. Isabella sat in silence for a long moment, thinking over what had come over her. 'That jerk, that's what. You've never been kissed in your whole life, nor did you really want to be. And if you did, you wanted it to be like dad and mamma.' She rested her chin in the palm of her hand, as her elbow dug into her leg.

"Adele," she sighed, "I understand what I did could get be sent away." she looked at the ground, "and what came over me was a dire need to protect myself." She snapped her head up to Adele, meeting the woman's eyes. "What would you do? If a man you didn't even know, just charged after you and kissed you?" She cocked a brow. "I suspect you'd be pretty angry yourself. I was merely protecting myself, and I hate being taken advantage of. If I hadn't taught him a lesson to fear me, he would have thought it was alright to continue acting that way." She sighed again.

"I hate men like that." she muttered.A sound from the hall of the ship made her look up. Isabella quietly stood and peered out into the hall, she spotted Van not far down and rolled her eyes.

"You don't need to sneak off, just wait around or better yet, browse. But if you steal anything the Captain will know." She warned. "Feel free to look around the plane."

-Adele-

Izzy looked as if she was thinking hard about what Adele had asked.

"Adele," Izzy sighed, "I understand what I did could get be sent away." she said as she looked at the floor."and what came over me was a dire need to protect myself." Suddenly Izzy turned her head to meet Adele's eyes. "What would you do? If a man you didn't even know, just charged after you and kissed you?" she raised her eyebrow as she scrutinized Adele."I suspect you'd be pretty angry yourself. I was merely protecting myself, and I hate being taken advantage of. If I hadn't taught him a lesson to fear me, he would have thought it was alright to continue acting that way." She sighed again and mumbled. "I hate men like that."

Just then, a metallic clank chased silence away and the two girls both glanced up and who should be standing there? It was the idiot thief looking rather like he had put his foot in it. Perhaps quite literally.

"You don't need to sneak off, just wait around or better yet, browse. But if you steal anything the Captain will know. Feel free to look around the plane." said Izzy in annoyance.

Adele rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Izzy to finish their conversation.

Adele spoke in a lower tone now and she held Izzy's eyes. She was going to make this quick. " Yes I would be angry, but I believe it is wrong to murder someone for stealing a kiss." She raised her eye brows to emphasize her point. "And I have merit for my threat, you almost murdered my cousin and even if we aren't a crew with the most values, we do have some honor, and I'm pretty sure the Captain would agree with me on this." Adele said seriously and then abruptly left her seat.

Adele crossed the engine room and as she was leaving stopped beside Van and she held his glance. She patted her weathered jean jacket's pocket. A knowing and smug smile formed over her rose lips."Where is my wallet?" She asked holding her hand out to him expectantly and raising an eye brow.
acgifford

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:33 am

acgifford (post: 1494431) wrote:-Adele-

Izzy looked as if she was thinking hard about what Adele had asked.

"Adele," Izzy sighed, "I understand what I did could get be sent away." she said as she looked at the floor."and what came over me was a dire need to protect myself." Suddenly Izzy turned her head to meet Adele's eyes. "What would you do? If a man you didn't even know, just charged after you and kissed you?" she raised her eyebrow as she scrutinized Adele."I suspect you'd be pretty angry yourself. I was merely protecting myself, and I hate being taken advantage of. If I hadn't taught him a lesson to fear me, he would have thought it was alright to continue acting that way." She sighed again and mumbled. "I hate men like that."

Just then, a metallic clank chased silence away and the two girls both glanced up and who should be standing there? It was the idiot thief looking rather like he had put his foot in it. Perhaps quite literally.

"You don't need to sneak off, just wait around or better yet, browse. But if you steal anything the Captain will know. Feel free to look around the plane." said Izzy in annoyance.

Adele rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Izzy to finish their conversation.

Adele spoke in a lower tone now and she held Izzy's eyes. She was going to make this quick. " Yes I would be angry, but I believe it is wrong to murder someone for stealing a kiss." She raised her eye brows to emphasize her point. "And I have merit for my threat, you almost murdered my cousin and even if we aren't a crew with the most values, we do have some honor, and I'm pretty sure the Captain would agree with me on this." Adele said seriously and then abruptly left her seat.

Adele crossed the engine room and as she was leaving stopped beside Van and she held his glance. She patted her weathered jean jacket's pocket. A knowing and smug smile formed over her rose lips."Where is my wallet?" She asked holding her hand out to him expectantly and raising an eye brow.

Van quirked an eyebrow at her. "I have no idea what you are talking about. Might want to go talk to that unconscious fellow in there. Perhaps he has it?"

Van brushed by her, addressing Isabella. "Hey! Catch." Tossing an object through the air towards her, he said, "It's that guy's wallet. I relieved it from him. Says his name is Vaughn. A mechanic or something. Not too much cash in there, so he can't be that good."

He turned back to Adele. "As for you, here is your wallet." He extended it to her. "I still haven't caught your name, but if you are the second on this ship, your captain must not pay very much. Not much cash in it, either."
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

Destroyer2000

Postby Mister » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:44 am

Eliza's breath caught in her chest again, her heart began to race once more. "Quinton?" she asked, her voice barely over a whisper, "Is that you?"

Mister

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:42 pm

IC: Gavin

"What did I miss?"
"A lot."
I helped Gabe up as he told me;
"Some guy, that guy," he pointed at the unconscious Vaughn. "Kissed Isabella, and she flew off the handle, and nearly killed him. Then me when I tried to restrain her, she kneed me in the gut and hurled a wrench at me and him." He waved his hand towards the ramp, "that guy rifled through his clothes and Adele hit him, now he's shouting after her... though I can't fathom why he wants to die." He muttered the last part.

"And this, I don't know who this is." He said looking at the girl, who had an eyebrow quirked.

"I'm Rellia Torvick." She held out her hand, and Gabe shook it, "Gabriel De Luca." he replied. "This here is Gavin."

She looked me up and down and nodded, "pleasure to meet you. Wow, this crew sure is huge. How do you fit them all?"

Gabe shrugged, "we squish ourselves like sardines." He groaned again, "man Izzie was furious. We'd better stay out of her way for a good long time."

I cracked a smile at Rellia;
"Nice to meet you too, I'd offer to shake hands, but I'm kind of busy here."
I turned to Gabe;
"She got you pretty good huh, you gonna be alright in a minute? Or should we get you aboard?"

OoC: Used a lot of your post there Nami, it's not plagiarism I swear! I'm "weaving a unified narrative" yeah! that's the ticket... XD
MomentOfInertia

Postby acgifford » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:26 am

Destroyer2000 (post: 1494440) wrote:Van quirked an eyebrow at her. "I have no idea what you are talking about. Might want to go talk to that unconscious fellow in there. Perhaps he has it?"

Van brushed by her, addressing Isabella. "Hey! Catch." Tossing an object through the air towards her, he said, "It's that guy's wallet. I relieved it from him. Says his name is Vaughn. A mechanic or something. Not too much cash in there, so he can't be that good."

He turned back to Adele. "As for you, here is your wallet." He extended it to her. "I still haven't caught your name, but if you are the second on this ship, your captain must not pay very much. Not much cash in it, either."

-Adele-

Van raised an eyebrow at her. "I have no idea what you are talking about. Might want to go talk to that unconscious fellow in there. Perhaps he has it?"

Adele's face turned red as he said this. There is no way Vaghn would have taken her wallet. She scowled at Van. But what if he did take her wallet? "No no...must not think that way." she told herself.

Just then, Van brushed past her addressing Izzy. "Hey! Catch." he said as he tossed something small to Izzy. "It's that guy's wallet. I relieved it from him. Says his name is Vaughn. A mechanic or something. Not too much cash in there, so he can't be that good."

Van's comment angered Adele even more and she crossed her arms in front of her.

Turning to Adele, Van said, "As for you, here is your wallet." He offered it to her. "I still haven't caught your name, but if you are the second on this ship, your captain must not pay very much. Not much cash in it, either."

Adele stared at it looking a little rigid. She then swallowed and took the wallet back. The comment about the captain had angered her further. Adele did not understand why. It was true. Wasn't it? Yes. But it was something about him insulting her captain that got to her.

"Is money the only thing that matters to you?" Adele asked pushing her short brunette hair from eye. "Does it really matter what I get paid?" she asked looking down. "I mean, that's between me and the captain." Adele sighed. "My name is Adele Larkin and I am the Captain's second and business partner." With that, she exited the engine room and entered into the cargo bay.

Adele then proceeded down the Tiamat's ramp and found Gavin and Gabe.
She merely glanced at them as she waked past them. Her main concern was her cousin. Adele knelt down next to Vaghn. Turning his head gently to the side, she examined his head. There was quite a lot of blood caked up on the back of his head. Adele made a bit of a face. She knew head wounds bled a lot, but she never knew how much. Figuring that she had better clean him up, she turned to the two boys.

"Would one of you please help me get him inside?"
acgifford

Postby Nami » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:31 am

'Honor' The idea of what Adele said stuck in her mind like an ugly rash. She glowered at the engine-room wall. The Captain and Adele might have some honor but that loathsome evil scoundrel of a man that was her cousin certainly had none! It hadn't been her intention to murder him, just teach him a lesson. But like everything else, her temper flew out of control.

Isabella blinked and caught the wallet efficiently. She wrinkled her nose and dropped it in disgust. "Yuck." She growled, uncomfortable with the touch of the wallet. The idea of holding anything from that guy made her want to puke. She felt disgusting all over and immediately wanted to go take a bath.

Which was a strange impulse for a person like her. She shuddered and stepped up next to Van. "Hmph," she grunted, "you have more honor in your whole hand than that jerk does in his whole body." She snarled. Isabella shuddered again, the disgust wasn't going away. "I think I want to burn my skin off." She crossed her arms and scowled down the hall.

-------

Gabriel looked at Gavin and nodded, "I'd really like to get inside and rest..." He hesitated when he saw Adele bend next to her cousin and then ask for their help. "Ugh, I can try." He stumbled around to the head of Vaughn, and bent to grab his shoulders. "Oh, that hurts." he straightened and winced again. "Gavin, can you?" he waved his hand at the unconscious man.

"I really need to lie down." He mumbled before stumbling toward the plane.
-----

Quinton's breath caught in his throat as he heard Eliza's small voice. What on earth was she doing here?! He froze, he was bleeding. No, no! She couldn't see him like this.

He quickly poured the alcohol on his wound and the pain flared. He closed his eyes to keep from screaming. 'I wasn't expecting that' he thought, as the pain subsided to a steady throb. Quickly, and with shaky hands, he tied the wound tight. He'd have to get the bullet later.

Quinton quickly stood and limped to the door, he opened it a crack and looked down at the woman that sent his emotions on a wild ride every time he saw her. His heart fluttered and he tried to remain cold.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. He glanced back, there was blood on the bed. "Let me come out." he slid out and stood in the hall closing the door behind him. He leaned against it for support. His jacket covering the wound. "How did you get here?" he asked concern lacing his voice.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Destroyer2000 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:54 am

Nami (post: 1494746) wrote:'Honor' The idea of what Adele said stuck in her mind like an ugly rash. She glowered at the engine-room wall. The Captain and Adele might have some honor but that loathsome evil scoundrel of a man that was her cousin certainly had none! It hadn't been her intention to murder him, just teach him a lesson. But like everything else, her temper flew out of control.

Isabella blinked and caught the wallet efficiently. She wrinkled her nose and dropped it in disgust. "Yuck." She growled, uncomfortable with the touch of the wallet. The idea of holding anything from that guy made her want to puke. She felt disgusting all over and immediately wanted to go take a bath.

Which was a strange impulse for a person like her. She shuddered and stepped up next to Van. "Hmph," she grunted, "you have more honor in your whole hand than that jerk does in his whole body." She snarled. Isabella shuddered again, the disgust wasn't going away. "I think I want to burn my skin off." She crossed her arms and scowled down the hall.

-------

Gabriel looked at Gavin and nodded, "I'd really like to get inside and rest..." He hesitated when he saw Adele bend next to her cousin and then ask for their help. "Ugh, I can try." He stumbled around to the head of Vaughn, and bent to grab his shoulders. "Oh, that hurts." he straightened and winced again. "Gavin, can you?" he waved his hand at the unconscious man.

"I really need to lie down." He mumbled before stumbling toward the plane.

Van chuckled at the idea of his honor. "Some people associate honor with the amount of cash they carry in their wallets, you know." He grinned. "Although, my hand has been on enough of those to have had some honor rub off on it."

He glanced up the hallway when she scowled. "Ah, don't burn your skin off. No need to harm a pretty face, right? That guy is still unconscious. I'm out of ammo at the moment, but I could bash his head in. I don't like him any more than you do." Van mumbled under his breath. "Call me a sub-par vagabond, will you?"

As a wicked smile spread across his face, he started up the hallway. "It seems as if they need help getting him up. Maybe I can help them dump him somewhere outside the loading bay, no?"
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

Destroyer2000

Postby Mister » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:55 am

Eliza didin't answer Quinton for a moment, she was too consumed with taking him all in. He made her heart flutter like it was lighter than a feather. But her inward revelry was short lived as her eyes picked up on something amiss. Quinton was favoring one side ever so slightly, to a passerby or someone who didn't really know Quinton as she did, it would seem like nothing.

But Eliza knew better, Quinton always stood strong, never showed weakness, and certainly would never have a breach in his perfect posture. Eliza looked him in the eyes and whispered, "You've been hurt?" She instinctively reached out for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vaughn groaned at the feeling of movement, or rather, of being moved. He tried to open his eyes but couldn't, the pain in his skull was too great. His thoughts were on Izzy, He knew the outcome of his actions, though not that they would be so extreme.

But he'd also noticed the way Adele acted, and it wasn't fit for the ships Second. So he'd, rather spontaneously, decided to force her to act. To force her to exert her authority.

As for the head wound, it was minor, nothing fatal. But he knew he'd never allow that woman near him again without him paying close attention to her. Though even in thinking these things he knew that he'd wanted to kiss her, wanted to make her mad. For what reason he did not know, but it was something that came from within.

Mister

Postby Nami » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:59 am

OOC: Heads up guys, next week I won't be around much. Maybe not at all! I'm driving my sis around from Monday to Thursday, and I may not be able to post. If that's the case, I'm sorry ^^; I'll post when I can. Sorry for the crappy post, my throat is becoming sore, my head is hurting and I'm tasting blood. So, if you all could pray for me that would be awesome. ^^; Stupid cold!

IC: Isabella snorted and watched Van walk out to help with Vaughn, she clenched her arms and turned, walking back toward the engine-room. She paused and then continued on to the sleeping chambers where Juan was. Isabella peered in and looked at this sleeping figure. How had he been like that for this long? She wondered.

-----

Quinton shifted his side away from her so she couldn't touch him. "It's just a scratch." he replied, wincing inwardly as pain zipped through him. "Why are you here?" he asked again.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Mister » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:06 am

Eliza ignored his feeble atempt to pull away and rolled closer, jerking the jacket away. "I felt like taking a trip?" She said dismissively, "this is no scratch! this is bad! let me fix it up!" lettign go of the jacket she tried to roll past him and into his room.

Mister

Postby AtmosBreak » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:04 am

Seconds, minutes, hours, it was all the same to Juan. How long was he in the exact position would be hard to pinpoint but all he knew was that his legs were now numb. Yet he didn't do anything about it. He hadn't slept at all, he hadn't moved an inch nor made a sound. Juan could not bring himself to do anything but let his thoughts run rampant. He was curled up, a peculiar shape, his eyes ever incleasingly becoming red and bloodshot as his mind ran wild. Memories, painful and peaceful, flashes of visions of his past haunted him as time became blurred until Juan had no longer had any sense of time. His mind was not functioning as supposed to. How long was before they landed? How long had it been since they landed?

The sounds of people coming and going, waking up and leaving filled his ears, Juan absorbing every little sound he could hear. With his loss of sense of time Juan couldn't tell if everything had been in 5 minutes or over the course of the whole day. All that he knew was the pain of the memories followed by the soothing of the peaceful times. His gut wrentched, his stomach felt like it had tied itself not once, not twice but five times over. He felt to puke, he needed to puke yet his body would not move until it all finally passed.

Suddenly the loud commotion outside caught Juan's attention. Everyone was... Loud... Juan could essentially hear almost everything though his mind couldn't process it all, being preocupied with his rampant thoughts. Not sure what to make of it all or what in fact he should do, Juan stayed in bed. He didn't necesarily want to stay in bed but he didn't want to go out either. He wanted to talk things out with Adele but a part of him just not wanting to, his indecisiveness adding all the more distress to his mind.

What Juan was not expecting however was the sound of the door to his room or should he say the room he was sleeping in open. Curious and having no idea who it was, Juan slowly sat up to face the door. His eyes hurt, as if they were slowly eating away at him yet when he saw who it was, the pain eased, he felt more relaxed. His body was sore from the lack of movement but he didn't care he just want to talk with her, he just wanted to be with her. That's right with the one he fell in love with at first site.

"He..hey Isabella. How are ya?" Juan asked, weakly at first, not exactly realizing the chaos that was ongoing just not too long ago.

Juan smiled at her as he said this, his eyes red and tired, his hair a mess, his face clearly evident of fatigue and of distress. However that distress was slowly leaving him the longer he stayed with her.

OOC: so um... Hi. Sorry i disappeared on everyone for so long, im really really really sorry everyone :(. Not really a wall post like i told acgifford i was going to do but i just couldnt really post all that much, was hoping for a longer post >.<
[INDENT]
"'You are the light of this world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men so that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.'

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Light Club"
[/INDENT]
AtmosBreak

Postby Nami » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:15 am

Isabella wasn't sure why she had come here, why she had passed the place that normally brought her peace. Perhaps at the moment the shifting gears and smells of engine oil only brought back the stark memory of what had happened only a few minutes ago. She watched Juan sit up and turn to face her.

He was a disaster his eyes were red, hair a ruffled mess. She watched him and heard his voice, weak at first but grew stronger on the last word. She smirked and leaned her side against the door-frame. "I've been better." she said. Isabella's head titled toward Juan and she cocked her head. "You don't look so good." She hesitated and then walked deeper into the room, closer to Juan.

"Sleep badly?" she asked. Hands shoved in her pockets. Despite her momentary rage back there, she felt sorry for Juan. He sparked something strange in her, that she wasn't quite sure of. It scared her that such an unknown thing could appear. Isabella decided it was because he looked so messed up that she felt for him.

--------

Rellia watched the boys gather around the unconscious body. "You want me to help?" she asked coming closer. "I may not look like much, but I'm strong." she shrugged.

----------

Quinton jerked as Eliza pulled the jacket back, a sharp intake of breath spoke of the amount of pain that struck him. "You shouldn't see this." he ground out, but had no way to stop her as she rolled into his room. He walked in behind her, being careful about his wound. "You shouldn't be here." he said coldly.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:16 pm

OoC: Don't worry about the length, it's good to have you back Atmos.

IC: Gavin

"She got you pretty good huh, you gonna be alright in a minute? Or should we get you aboard?"

Gabe looked at me and nodded, "I'd really like to get inside and rest..." He hesitated as we saw Adele come down the ramp, glance at us, go check on the unconscious guy. She looked up and asked;
"Would one of you please help me get him inside?"
"Ugh, I can try." Gabe stumbled over to the guys head. He bent over to lift him, "Oh, that hurts." he straightened and winced again.
"Gavin, can you?" he waved his hand at the unconscious man.

"Yeah, alright" I replied, and walked over to him.
"I really need to lie down." Gabe mumbled as he started up the ramp.
I lifted the guy's shoulders and started dragging him up the ramp.
"Hey, Adele, does this guy have a name? Or the other one that's running around?"

OoC: Did we lose Dia when I wasn't looking?
Haven't seen her post in a while.
MomentOfInertia

Postby Mister » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 am

OOC: i know its been hard on most of us lately, neh? Posting doesn't come easy, neh?

Eliza turned only halfway, bringing her side to face Quinton. "I can be anywhere i please, Mr. Quinton" her voice was soft, and calm, not betraying the concern that filled her.

She sighed deeply, "Thomas," she said as she looked into his eyes and smiled, "To be honest with you, i am frightened to be here. My brother warned me of the dangers in these places. But as long as you are here, i feel safe."

She pointed to the bed and told him to sit, her attendants would eb returning soon, and they could get supplies for her. But until then she had to make due with what she had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vaughn groaned again and slowly opened his eyes. He looked up and was surprised to see a man standing over him, dragging him into the Taimat. In his groggy, and pain filled, state he managed to raise an eye and whisper. "Well now, never been in this situation before. Man my head hurts, this is such a........ drag?" With Those words he winked at the man and grinned. Both actions bringing a sharp pain to his throbbing head.

Vaughned managed to look the opposite way and saw Adele near his feet. His eyes scanned the area around him, or as far as they could without moving his head. He noticed the distinct absence of a raging lunatic with a wrench fetish. But that wasn't exactly a good thing, he'd be needing to keep tabs ont hat one.

Returning his eyes to focus on Adele, though everything did seem a little blurred, he spoke hoarsely. "Adele," His voice was slurred, like a drunk's, "Where is Wrench Girl? Isabella was it? I think i need to give her an apology, I know what i did was sudden. But seeing as how i'm still among the living..." he looked up at the guy dragging him, "...Maybe. I'd say my master plan worked!"

Mister

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:36 am

With a small smile on his face, Truce carefully pulled the jacket off the woman's bad arm, folding it up and stashing it under his arm as it came free. Lord knows he'd done that a few times before...

Beneath the jacket, though, the woman was actually kind of attractive, apart from the gash on her arm, which was coated in dried blood. Even so, he'd seen much worse. Between that attitude and her swords, she would do just fine in whatever snake pit they were going into. "Call me Truce! Truce Bashinet, if you want to do things that way. As for money, I can make it well worth your while; I've a windfall coming in," he said, waving his paperwork. "Take a right up here, I believe," he finished, studying the card he had been given as they meandered through the streets.

"So, there's a story behind that stab wound, isn't there? I mean, there usually is. That doesn't happen every day, I would imagine."

---

Raven eyed the pickpocket as she scampered away. "You should have let me deal with her, I would've made sure she never did that again! Now, she's off to find another poor idiot to rob and she'll probably come to our plane and pull the panels off of it and then sell them on the black market and murder us in our beds and..." She jabbered on; meanwhile, the Tiamat's hangar lay ahead of them. It was a huge building, shaped like half a cylinder, open on one end, designed for a plane twice the size of the one in it right now. Sunlight shone through skylights in the ceiling, lighting up the battered aluminum skin of the plane, making the teal dragon painted on its nose appear to glow.

There were shouts from inside; some sort of argument, maybe? Adele stormed out of the back of the plane and away to something in the hangar. Raven merely shrugged, then climbed aboard through the cargo ramp. The assassin girl was still there, still tied up where she had been left. "Wake up," said Raven, giving the girl a sharp nudge with her foot. "Come on, you little monster, we have some talking to do."

---

Felix woke up with a start. He was sitting in the cockpit of the Tiamat, and there was something right in front of him. Swearing loudly, he grabbed the rudder, furiously trying to jerk the plane out of the way. Nothing seemed to work. Then, he noticed that nothing else was moving; they were on the ground somewhere. Cautiously, he rose to his feet, the fog of lingering anesthesia still pulsing in his head.

He managed to stumble down the ladder and into the quarters, running into Isabella and that Juan guy, chatting it up. Poor guy looks worse than me, thought Felix, weakly waving his hand in greeting. "Did everyone make it?" he asked, rubbing his temples.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Nami » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:16 am

Gabriel managed to make it into the plane. His whole mid-section ached, he hadn't thought she hit him that hard. He winced and stumbled into the engine-room, where he collapsed on his sister's cot. "Dang, I forgot how ferocious my sis can be." he muttered, putting an arm over his eyes.

------------

Isabella turned her head to look at Felix and nodded, "as far as I know. We've even picked up a few strays." She said the last word like it was poisonous. She didn't mind Van, she didn't mind that Rellia girl either. But the idea that Vaughn would be staying on the ship made her want to buy a gun.

"Some, are more unsavory than others." she muttered scowling.

----

Quinton was startled to hear his first name used by Eliza, it sent his heart beating wildly. He kicked himself inwardly, warning himself not to feel that way. Even as a gentle comfort wrapped itself around him like a blanket. She felt safe with him? That was ironic, considering how dangerous he was.

Slowly, Quinton obeyed and sat on the edge of the bed, barely relaxing. Shoulders stiff, back straight. "You know, I can do this myself." he said calmly, "why did you come to Ikura?"

----------

Rellia rolled her eyes as the man ignored what she said, and obviously the other guy, Van as well. She looked at Van, "looks like he doesn't need our help." She looked back at Vaughn when he awakened and she snorted. "Apparently, your very lucky to even be alive." she said shrugging. "I believe her brother is the one who saved your life. So thank him."

Rellia smiled slightly, and glanced at Van, "though, it was entertaining to see."

---------

Jackie glanced at Truce as she worked on her arm, the blood had mostly stopped flowing and it was crusting over the wound. "Truce, eh? That's an interesting name." she chuckled. At his question about her arm, she shrugged. "Maybe not for people like you." she said with a smirk, "but for me, it's sorta... every day business." she said as she busily wrapped the bandages around her arm after putting some sort of strange ointment on it, it had become very normal, walking and fixing her wounds.

"Just another day in my life." she said. "And what about you? You used to seeing people bleed this much?" Jackie asked. Once the bandages were secure, she looked at him with a raised brow.

OOC: Whoo! First post with Jackie! SAMU! I hope I'm doing you proud~ ^_~!
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:09 am

OOC: Atmos! I'm so pleased to see that you have returned to us! DD? Idk where she went.:/ Last post she did, her character ran off.

-Adele-

Adele looked between the two boys expectantly.

"Ugh, I can try." grunted Gabe as he winced and sauntered over to Vaughn. He attempted to left Vaughn and winced. Apparently, Izzy had hit him harder than anyone would have thought. "Oh, that hurts." Gabe said as he attempted to straighten up. "Gavin, can you?" he asked motioning to Vaughn.

"Yeah, alright" replied Gavin as he approached Vaughn's limp body.

"I really need to lie down." grunted Gabe as he stumbled up the ramp.

Adele felt quite bad for Gabe. He seemed to be in a lot of pain. She hoped he would be alright, but her first priority was her idiot cousin.

Gavin grabbed Vaughn's shoulders and started to pull him up the ramp. Adele proceeded to help get him in the plane buy grabbing Vaughn's legs.

"Hey, Adele, does this guy have a name? Or the other one that's running around?" asked Gavin as he worked.

Adele sighed and looked down at Vaughn as if remembering something. "His name is Vaughn and he is my cousin. As for the imbecile in there." she jerked her head towards the inside of the Tiamat. "He calls himself Van. Better keep your wallet close to you though. He can steal you blind." she said resentfully.

Just then, Vaughn groaned and slowly opened his eyes. He seemed to be taking everything in. Everything that he could at least, with a throbbing head. Adele noticed his waking and watched him closely.

"Well now, never been in this situation before. Man my head hurts, this is such a........ drag?" he whispered with a wink.

Adele rolled her eyes at the joke. "You should keep quite. You have a bad head wound from some idiotic antics you performed before hand."

"Adele," Vaughn slurred sounding like a drunk. "Where is Wrench Girl? Isabella was it? I think i need to give her an apology, I know what i did was sudden. But seeing as how i'm still among the living..." he looked up at Gavin who was dragging him, "...Maybe. I'd say my master plan worked!"

"What do you mean master plan?!" she asked as they finaly reached the cargo bay and layed him down. "This was your master plan? Getting yourself almost killed by our mechanic?"
acgifford

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying