Altitude: Islands in the Sky

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Silent Seraph » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:45 pm

I'll scourge up a character from one of my many archaic notepads sometime tonight, sounds interesting :)
Life verse. Corinthians 9:27 [color="Cyan"]No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.[/color]

[color="Cyan"]If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.
Hei (Darker Than Black)[/color]

God. Family. Athletics.

[color="Cyan"][font="Arial Black"]M.O.E.S.-[/font][/color]Safe from the Scroll

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators and Administrators.
Silent Seraph

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Here's mine!

Name: Gavin Arnwolf
Role: Technician, radioman, navigator, co-pilot, gunner, etc.

Appearance: Tall, thin, usually wearing a battered, grubby, Leather jacket (w/lots of pockets) and a tool belt with some gloves in it. He almost always has a pair of goggles on his person somewhere.

Personality: Quiet, inquisitive, always tinkering with something, a bit cynical, but friendly. After the pirate incident He’s gotten colder and started keeping constant watch for trouble, looking for escape routes, good cover, threats and opportunities.

History: Growing up he spent most of his free time at the local airfield and garages helping the mechanics repair and build things. He later attended a local flight school, which shut down before he could earn his pilot’s certification, he then spent some time working as security for a shipping company guarding flights and warehouses, He is trying to shift out of security jobs after a very messy attempted robbery, well it was reported as a robbery but it was more like a pirate raid. Now that most of his injuries have healed he has signed on as the Timat’s tech guy/co-pilot/navigator.

Other: He has a pair of blued .45 revolvers, a modified M1903-type rifle fitted with a folding stock and a large , an old short sword with a hilt made out of an old crescent wrench, and a knapsack and tool belt containing enough small tools and widgets to unlock, hotwire, overload, disable, jerry-rig, or dismantle any device he encounters. He has also dabbled in weapon-smithing. A fine marksman and a fierce fighter.

Davidizer13 (post: 1469780) wrote:My concept was that they were stationary, and that the pilot controlled them directly. The armaments aren't that sophisticated - they're meant more to scare off any possible bandits rather than for going hunting for them. It's a trader, not a warplane, after all.

Ah, okay. Swivel mounted they could cover the entire front side of the plane on the ground too, I dunno maybe it can be later modification.

One other question, the belly turret. could you define 'dummy' turret a bit more specifically? is it like a just a box with a piece of pipe sticking out, or was it a damaged salvage off some wreck, (bearings seized, glass smashed, gun crushed/pieces missing/rusted/etc.) broken but with the possibility of eventual restoration?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:45 pm

MomentOfInertia (post: 1469946) wrote:One other question, the belly turret. could you define 'dummy' turret a bit more specifically? is it like a just a box with a piece of pipe sticking out, or was it a damaged salvage off some wreck, (bearings seized, glass smashed, gun crushed/pieces missing/rusted/etc.) broken but with the possibility of eventual restoration?

I'd probably say it's a box with a pipe - it's meant to draw some fire to it that would may have gone to the bridge, and it directs fire to the extra armor at the bottom of the plane. Hopefully.

Your character's approved, BTW.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Silent Seraph » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:47 am

Name: Marshal Brooks
Role: swordsman/marksman, (also scientist)
Eyes: Green; red-tinted goggles
Hair: Brown, Medium-length
Height: 6' 2"
Weight:170lbs
Personality: Ambitious, enterprising, resourceful, and most of all curious. After being “forcibly removed from the premises” of the Guild he’s become colder and less willing to trust others but he still has a sense of humor and is willing to make jokes at anyone’s expense, including his own.

History: Marshal is a young scientist who was effectively exiled by the Guild. He now wanders trying to make a breakthrough to retain his Guild membership. Raised on a farm in a small town in Ikura he felt his place in the world was bigger than that. So he trained with masters of science and medicine, eventually the Guild dropped him for being too eager to challenge their old laws and protocols.

Other: Now broke, Marshal walks the planet looking for a place to use his intelligence and his talents which, after being poor for 6 months include lock picking, swordsmanship, marksmanship and medical. He dresses in black and orange (Think Edward Elric). Carries a katana (side mounted), two .44s and a scoped Kar98k(Sniper rifle)

*The Guild is something I came up with, a sort of committee thats behind a lot of discoveries on the planet. I Hope you don't mind I created it Davidizer :)
Life verse. Corinthians 9:27 [color="Cyan"]No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.[/color]

[color="Cyan"]If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.

God. Family. Athletics.

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators and Administrators.
Silent Seraph

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:22 pm

I guess I could try RPing out, if I can join.

Name: Michael Blund

Appearance: Having been in his share of scuffles, Blund is missing about half of his nose and has a couple of knife scars across what's left of it. He keeps his now-graying brown hair short and well-trimmed, the only part of his appearance he really cares about. The guy is also pretty short, only reaching about 5'5" in height, though he's got some pretty wide muscles from both mercenary work and farming.

Personality: Blund is gruff, amoral, and uncaring. He also is a pretty dumb hick, which leads to him constantly getting conned and underpaid, often times without realizing it. He's also a coward for the manly persona he tries to put up, so he rarely will break orders and charge.

History: Raised in a backwater farm, Blund became a gun-for-hire after his brother was given the farm. Though below-par as a mercenary, he continued to get hired because he didn't know what a fair pay is and thus has always lived a poor life. Miraculously, he seems to have a fair bit of luck inside of battle, and nose aside, has never been injured. He is currently working as an enforcer for a small-time crime syndicate. He is also fourty-six years old.

Skills:Blund is a mediocre shot with a rifle, and can't hit anything with a handgun. He claims he could take a dozen bullets and survive, but he's never been shot, so whether or not it's true is a mystery.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Both characters are approved - this plane just keeps getting more and more crowded! Have fun, you two.

Extra housekeeping note: Wind has dropped out of the RP for personal reasons; I'll be taking control of her character (Raven Larkulius) until further notice.

Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby AtmosBreak » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:24 am

Um.. Just wondering if this was still open for new characters, of so then I would like to join if there isn't too many people already.
[INDENT]
"'You are the light of this world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men so that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.'

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Light Club"
[/INDENT]
AtmosBreak

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Sure - we'll be glad to have you! If you can't find a place for the character right now, feel free to jump in on a future arc!

Davidizer13

Postby AtmosBreak » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:05 pm

Ah alrights, thanks! I'm sure I can just slip my way into the rp somehow. If I need to change something please just tell me

Name: Juan Pierre Romesco
Role: Mechanic, cook, jack-of-all-trades essentially

Appearance: Short-medium wavy black hair, brown eyes, natural tanned complexion, mostly casual dressed which doubles as motorcycle riding gear, wears a bandana just under his chin and around his neck as well as a necklace of the cross that was his mother's and an old leather armband with Psalm 91 inscribed on it in latin that was owned by his grandmother. Has a burn mark on the right side of his neck and on his hand which he covers up with the bandana and a pair of gloves. Slight muscular build. Is around 5'11".

Personality: Tries to be as passive as he can. Bottles things up inside and tries to remain as calm as he can but when he finally snaps, he's explosive and hot headed. Normally is relaxed and takes quite a bit to get him riled up but push his buttons too much and you've unleashed a beast. Stands up for his beliefs and is protective of people close to him. He is guilt ridden easily though and often is internally afflicted. Will fight if he feels he must though tries to maintain his cool and keep the peace.

History: JP has no recollection of his parents since he was raised by his grandmother since he was a baby. Originally born in Treyard, he moved to Ikuma to live with grandma when he was barely just over a year old. His father had died a month before his birthday in a supposed freak wirk accident whilst his mother dued of a mysterious illness doctors had no knowledge of at the time. He was taught to cook and basics of life by his grandma who would also tell him biblical stories and recite verses for him. JP also had a knack for tinkering with things and grew a love for various transportation modes, especially the motorcycle. When he was 16, his grandmother died of old age, peacefully but JP didn't know how to deal with it and was lead astray and his life became instable. He would move from city to city, working small jobs where ever he could, until finally he had enough to buy an oldish, worn out bike which he continues to tinker and fix and values highly. Is not all that sure about himself and is more or less looking for a crew to join, escape/pay off debtors and get away from things.

Other: He owns a 20s Indian Scout motorcycle which he tinkers with, rides and takes it with him wherever he can. Has a large knowledge of various cooking skills, learning a lot from his travels and is often complemented for it. Knows how to speak spanish. Almost always carries a knife around which can act as a way to defend himself or to cut up food with. Has a street fight style and improvises a lot but knows how to use the environment to his advantage.
[INDENT]
"'You are the light of this world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men so that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.'

[/INDENT]
AtmosBreak

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:16 pm

Congrats, character accepted! Sorry for how long it took.

Davidizer13

Postby AtmosBreak » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1471130) wrote:Congrats, character accepted! Sorry for how long it took.

No, that's alright! will get to joining the rp soon if i can find a way to slip myself into the current plotline nicely
[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
AtmosBreak

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:08 pm

I had a thought, with Felix being unconscious, I thought it would be cool to pop in as a villain or anti-hero. Could I make an anti-charicter to Felix and play him as a villain for a bit?

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:44 pm

PatrickEklektos wrote:I had a thought, with Felix being unconscious, I thought it would be cool to pop in as a villain or anti-hero. Could I make an anti-charicter to Felix and play him as a villain for a bit?

SDG

I don't see why not - go wild with it!

Also, some of you have asked for pictures of the Tiamat, so attached is a picture of a Bristol Superfreighter, a plane from the early '50s I used as a base for the plane's stats (with some blatant disregard of said stats with regards to aeronautics and comfort as more people hopped on board). I scribbled a picture of our actual plane somewhere, and I'll try to dig it up - don't expect much in the way of good art, though. Thanks for sticking around this long, and thanks for all your great posts!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Davidizer13

Postby Seto_Sora » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:46 pm

OK! Coolness! I’ll throw together an organization to back his character too.

Name: Thomas Quinton (Sensea by his peers)
Role: Mercenary with Ronin Reich, serves the highest bidder until the crew on the Tiamat change his purpose for good or ill.
Appearance: Tall, dark and hansom. He is silent, choosing his words carefully if it pleases him to speak at all. FYI, this character is modeled after Aoshi from Ruruni Kenshin and Seto from Yu-Gi-Oh. His appearence is a modified version of a German officer from WWII... although the organization is modeled after a German/Japan organization roughly cut out of WWI. Its a steampunk mix. So that means the coat and uniform is form fitting, dark green instead of gray with black collar and cuffs as well as useless belts on right arm and left leg. in his belt are two short katanas and at his sides are two pistols. His boots go up half his shanks, polished black, and crowned with two more belts each.
Personality: Dark, moody, quiet, keeps his thoughts to himself. He harbors great emotion but shows little of it.
History: He attended the same flight academy as did Felix and the two were heated rivals in the school right until Felix’ eviction. He graduated and joined the Ronin Reich during the Corporate Wars. He has excelled to become their greatest assassin and deadliest pilot. All his targets were, until now, hunted to extinction. Currently he is in the employ of Treyard’s notorious kingpin.
Other: He is Felix’, and consequently everyone’s, enemy at the moment though he is not a character of pure evil. He plays a major role in Felix history and is the chief reason for the loss of his sister from back in the days of the Corporate Wars. A word on Ronin Reich, this is a para-military organization based out of the planet’s largest Airship Man-O-War the Raven. This organization is neutral mercenaries. So they could be good guys or bad guys depending on the writer I guess.
This

Seto_Sora

Postby acgifford » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:41 am

Very very nice! Love it! Can't wait to see him in action!:D
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:52 am

Looks good, PE; I think this RP might have its villain! Character approved.

Davidizer13

Postby Silent Seraph » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:08 am

Any chance we can tie corruption of the "Science Academy" into this? I invisioned my character breaking one too many rules and getting ejected from this group with alterior motives...

God. Family. Athletics.

Silent Seraph

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Before I wrote up the entrance of Quinton, I wanted to throw out a few ideas and see what y'all thought and especially if David approves. I thought it would be kinda neat to ties some things together with this character in that he is hired by what could be the mysterious kingpin or the same corporation Truce tried to sell to in the first arch. He could be in pursuit of the crew in small part for revenge or collecting on the collateral of the failed deal. However, I thought it would also be fun if the major reason he is hunting them is for the collecting of a substantial debt JP owes (but only if Atmos is cool with that). I originally thought of Quinton to develop more of Felix character but I also thought it would be neat if Felix was discovered to be among the crew later which might send Quinton AWOL and border insane.
Silent, I tried really hard to think of some way the Guild could have hired Quinton but I was struggling with how as they are on Ikura. But that is just on my own, I'm sure we could probably figure something out. I dunno. I'm just throwing this stuff against the wall to see what sticks. What are your guys thoughts? criticisms? approval? disapproval?

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Atria35 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:54 pm

You could have all thos eoptions in a way.

Lemme straighten it out a bit: He was originally part of Felix's class, and had an intense rivalry with him. But when it was disbanded/whatever, he went his own way. With a rivalry burning in his heart, he was hired by the kingpin. Not only was he set after JP for the massive debt owed, but when the deal goes bad, he's sent after the ship. Two-in-one since JP is on the ship. He thinks it will be an easy deal, until he discovers that Felix is the pilot. This sends him into an insane fury- he's gonna get that ship at all costs!

Would that work?
Atria35

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:07 pm

Sounds great to me. ^_^

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Nami » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:50 am

Patrick, that character sounds wicked. XD I'm excited for my dude to come in eventually now too.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:14 am

I'm really looking forward to your character too Nami. He looked really cool from the character sketch. ^_^

Also needed to note that Thomas Quinton flies a modified P51 Mustang with four total under wing mounted modified (mostly for weight) 50 cal machine guns. His plane is painted black with white accents on the wing and tail flaps as well as the nose. The Ronin crest of a Ravin against a round, yellow field can be seen on the one side of the body of the plane.

Edit: I also wanted to just add how really excited I am about this RP. I am personally really enjoying the writing talents and character development of my fellow RPers! And I really love the story so far! absolutely awesome!

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby AtmosBreak » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:49 pm

A little late but sure I'm cool with it Patrick, I find its actually a good idea, and it also involves my character more xD. He had the money to pay but then yeah, everything happened so perhaps the guy that hired Quinton also raised the debt for JP to 20,000 from 12,000 so he has to quickly make up the money cause JP will think that's how to get the kingpin off their backs. So that will provide more tension and more depth to my character I feel unless you guys think I should post shorter which is kinda hard for me.

Also since people starting to get evil characters, I'm getting inspiration for a fellow mercenary from Ronin Reich xD
[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
AtmosBreak

Postby Nami » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:25 am

Thanks Patrick! :D

I feel the same way about the RP and my fellow RPers! This is turning into an awesome adventure.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:58 am

Yeah! Agreed! This RPG is turning out swimmingly!:D
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:57 am

In-deed it has! You people rock, did you know that? Thanks to all of you for making this RP as great as it's been. It's surpassed all my expectations for it, and thus far, it has truly soared.

Aaaand, some information about Bristol! Just because!

Bristol is a small island, a bit over a square mile in area, covered in fields of grain. Here and there, jagged spires of rock poke through the ground and up to the sky. Most of its 20 or so citizens live near the airfield on its northern edge, centered around a grain mill and the means they get their food to market. Its motions exhibit strange patterns that occasionally take it over other islands, causing no small amount of disturbance by the residents below. There's a debate among people knowledgeable with island physics whether the island is moving more quickly than the others, or if some magnetic phenomenon keeps it steady while everything else moves under it.

Davidizer13

Postby acgifford » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:07 am

I think I found a couple songs to go with RPG! Hope you like them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzIQ3txJ9gM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGGc9oBdo1s
acgifford

Postby Nami » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:11 am

This song makes me think of this RP! :D I'm not sure why~ Maybe it's the nostalgic feeling you get while listening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KubOgjfjL5g&feature=channel_video_title

Nice songs AC! :D
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby rocklobster » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:06 pm

These song fits too:
"Cloud Age Symphony" (Last Exile opening theme)
"Learning to Fly"--Pink Floyd
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:45 pm

Welp, might as well post my own inspirational songs while we're at it...

Underwater Rampart - Battle Garegga OST - I like how this one builds up and changes its beat; it's got a wonderful industrial feel to it, too.
Penta - Radiant Silvergun OST - Some great encounter music, perfect for if something showed up on the horizon.
Sailing to the World - Yasunori Mitsuda - A song for soaring calmly through the clouds.

Davidizer13

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying