Altitude: Islands in the Sky

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Altitude: Islands in the Sky

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:20 pm

The world of Strastos is an unusual planet. It is an ocean planet, where 99.99% of the surface is covered in water, dominated by stormy oceans and vicious hurricanes that roll across the seas for years, preventing anyone from living on the other 0.01%. Its magnetic field is very potent, resulting in frequent aurora phenomena, anomalous compass activity, but most importantly, it has strong repulsive effects on metal-bearing rocks and minerals, resulting in levitating continents and islands on which humans left over from the cataclysms that caused them have taken up residence, enjoying the near-tropical climates. They have built various aerial vehicles to get from place to place, ranging from zeppelins and balloons to prop-driven powered flight.

This RP focuses on the not-so-savory crew of a plane called the Tiamat, a cargo plane based out of a continent in the northern part of the world. Some of them have had unpleasant pasts, some are just looking for an escape from the norm, but they've all been enticed by the Tiamat's captain to be his business partners, mechanics, pilots, bodyguards. It'll be
an opportunity to make some good honest money! Maybe.

It'll be Miyazaki goes dieselpunk, Battle Garegga meets Firefly, as we tour the world, make some friends (and enemies) and hopefully have ourselves a grand adventure!

Some Places in Strastos

Keep in mind that this is not a comprehensive list by any means: be creative, and make something up if you feel you have to!

Treyard

The industrial capital of the northern continent, Treyard is a dingy, polluted city: pilots use the brown cloud surrounding it as a landmark to navigate. It is a huge, sprawling complex of flat, square buildings whose smokestacks are constantly working, and its business is aeronautics: many of the world's largest airplane manufacturers have their headquarters here.

It's a place only a mechanic or engineer could love, and they do, with gusto. Between the parts they manufacture and designing the new models that show up every year, anyone who works in those businesses make it a major destination.

Elbidi
It's a smaller mining town built into the side of a smaller landmass, far below its surface, and their product is iron ore. The people who live there are generally private people, and some really don't take kindly to strangers; a few even actively shun them. The entrance to the city is a massive aperture in the rock, behind which are runways for planes.

Ikura

Ikura is the marketplace of the world: though surrounded by farmland, it's the destination for anyone who makes their living buying and selling or seeking their fortune. However, it's also gained a reputation for attracting the wrong crowd to live there. Criminals and criminal organizations of all stripes have set up here, bribing lower officials in the corrupt authoritarian government who run the city to stay out of trouble.

The World

In this universe, humans are the only intelligent species - no dragons, catgirls, etc. Related to this, your character can not have supernatural powers: no magic, psychic powers, aliens, radiation-induced superpowers, etc. Keep that in mind when you're making your character.

Technology in the universe are limited to approximately what was available in the 1930s-1940s, excluding atomic weapons or energy. Over land, the primary means of transportation is by train; locomotives fueled by soybean oil carry both goods and passengers. However, due to the inherent instability of the ground, derailments are relatively common.

Politically, the corporation is king, and governing bodies are mostly limited to cities or the areas around them. Sprawling companies have offices all over the world, holding sway over huge areas of peoples' livelihood. A few of the more suspicious corporations even keep private militias, to defend their profits from other companies and groups of bandits that seek to subvert these authorities.

The Tiamat: Your Home Away from Home

Length: ~80 ft (23 m)
Wingspan: 110 ft (33 m)
Height: 26 ft (8 m)
Powerplant: 2X Hanniver-Cosgrove V-12 propeller engines, 1700 hp each.
Crew required: 2
Cargo capacity: ~10,000 lbs (4500 kg)
Maximum speed: 350 mph (560 kph)
Armaments: 2X .50 caliber machine guns, front-mounted
1X 20mm autocannon, mounted on a turret behind the crew compartment.
1X false turret, on the bottom of the plane.

The Tiamat is a heavily modified version of the Cosgrove 1700, a common cargo plane for those wishing their deliveries to be fast yet economical. Due to the captain's various business ventures, he has found it necessary to convert part of the cargo hold to carry passengers, or even serve as temporary sleeping quarters if necessary. This section is at the nose of the plane, with access to the bridge, the cargo hold and to the outside. Additionally, the rear of the plane opens up to form a ramp to the cargo hold. It can outrun most larger planes or zeppelins, but against fighters, it is at a severe disadvantage - it's designed for hauling goods, not fighting.

Special Rules: The Flight System

This is something unique to the RP that I'm wanting to try out. The RP will have two phases: the in-flight phase and the "shore leave" phase. Obviously, the in-flight part is on the plane, flying from place to place. The shore leave parts will take place in the towns and ports of the world; the idea is that the plane arcs will generally get the characters to bounce off each other a bit, while the ground arcs are a bit more action-focused, but it definitely doesn't have to stay that way. My plan is to switch between the two every couple weeks, to keep things interesting. If it fails, we'll abandon it and do things more normally.

---

Your GMs for this game are myself (Davidizer13) and acgifford; PM either of us if you've got questions or problems. All CAA rules regarding posting, being polite, and RPing are in effect. Keep it clean, don't take things to seriously, and have fun!

Character Sheet
Name:
Role: What does your character do on the plane? Are they part of the business, or are they just there for fun?
Appearance:
Personality:
History: What's happened in your character's life? How did your character get on the Tiamat, or have they yet?
Other: Anything else you need to say about your character? Special skills, items, etc.?
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:40 pm

Name: Denkou Arashi (meaning 'Lightning Storm')
Role: She is a stowaway.
Appearance: http://www.tokyopop.com/ugc/5/5/0/9/3/u//images/2732333.jpg (Though her right eye is blood red)
Personality: Having very intense emotions, her personality depends on her mood.
History: Treyard is where Denkou was born, and she lived with her father, who was a mechanic, because her mother died when she was born. Sadly, Denkou's father never treated her very well, so one day she decided to run away. For awhile she lived as a thief, having to steal to eat. Then one day she came upon the Tiamat, which was docked, with no one nearby. Denkou took the opportunity to sneak in, thinking that maybe it would go to Ikura or Elbidi, or anywhere that got her away from Treynard.
Other: She has become pretty skilled in using two katanas she managed to steal from a rich person who came to get his vessel fixed. She is also good at drawing, and has a good singing voice. She's also learned to talk almost inhumanely fast.

Her Swords: (2nd and 4th from top) http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs5/f/2006/347/e/9/Anima__Katana_set_1_by_Wen_M.jpg
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:40 pm

I'm gonna give this a try. I'll even do something a little different.
Name: Kevin Franklin
Role: He's on the ship through a work release program. (read the bio) He's in security.
Appearance: Kevin has a slightly muscular build because in prison, he passed time by lifting weights and such. He has dark skin and gray eyes. His hair is brown. He has a gang tattoo on his right bicep.
Personality: Kevin is a bit rough around the edges. He grew up in unsavory conditions and it's hardened him somewhat. Underneath, however, is someone who's attempting to reform himself.
History: Kevin is from Ikura and spent most of his life in gangs and such because he was an orphan. His gang was the only family he knew and he got in trouble with the law quite a bit. Then fate stepped in and he was offered a job on the Tiamat as an attempt to reform him. He's had time to rethink his life while away from prison and thinks he's ready for a new start.
Other: He has some good musical skills. When he's not working, he plays guitar. He also still has some weightlifting equipment.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:39 pm

Good enough; both characters are approved! (BTW, Rock, I think you got the age right the first time. Just sayin'.)

Name: Truce Bashinet (pronounced "BASH-e-NAY")
Role: Captain of the Tiamat.

Appearance: Truce is a slender man of average height, with angular features, dark, slicked-back hair, and intense green eyes. Almost always sharply dressed, Truce does his best to look professional at all times, preferring to wear dark business suits above anything else.

Personality: He's a consummate businessman: shrewd, cunning and trying to exude confidence from every pore. Some consider him distant and amoral, but above all else, he wants his crew to be happy - without them, he doesn't make any money. He does hard and/or messy work if necessary, but does so grudgingly.

History: His father worked for one of the world's major financial companies, and though he grew up in Sukoba, one of the richest cities in the world, he was forced to learn the value of money after scandals and an economic crash took away their free ride at university and destroyed his father's empire. With what was left of his inheritance, he bought what was to become the Tiamat and set up a trading firm out of it, called Bashinet Industries.

Other: He is a man of the world, appreciative of the finer things in life. The baubles he's collected over the years reflect that, as does his taste in entertainment and where he spends his money. Also, if necessary, he can fly the plane - just don't expect much of a landing.

Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Nami » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:55 am

Name:Isabella De Luca
Role: Engineer on the Tiamat, she works on the engine with her twin brother; Gabriel.
Appearance: She has thick black hair yanked back into a viciously knotted make-shift ponytail and covered with a large bandana. She generally wears a sun-bleached tan jumpsuit with a t-shirt underneath.Her shoes are made of sturdy leather and her outfit is generally covered in grease, she wears protect gloves almost all the time and a necklace made of cogs, its as mysterious as its owner and her twin-colored eyes, one being blue and the other nearly violet, with her pale skin she stands out in comparison to her tanned brother. Shorter than her brother, she stands at 5'6" but that doesn't make her any less tall.
Personality: Fiery, loud and bossy. She likes to get in close and personal and make sure people understand exactly what their doing.
History: Her father raised her in Treyard where he was an engineer for some of the greatest people spoken about, Captain Takilam, who once flew planes for a king, and other such figures, her father was well known and liked and taught she and her younger brother how to love engines and what made them run. After her father's illness took hold, he wasn't able to do much of anything. Isabella took over her father's work, repairing and fixing engines, her brother, with his head in the clouds was wrangled into the shop. Together they make a deadly duo of mechanical genius.
Other: Often seen carrying a variety of tools in her pockets and can be seen holding a wrench. (Sometimes over her brother's head)

Name: Gabriel De Luca
Role: Secondary engineer, alongside his sister, he makes up the stability of their duo-sibling-ship.
Appearance: Standing at 5'11" he makes for an interesting man. Unlike his older sister, his hair is usually braided and kept under a smaller bandana, securing his black hair and keeping it out of reach of turning gears. He wears less bulky clothes than his sister, choosing instead to go for tan pants, a range of t-shirts and more flexible shoes that allow him to bounce from place to place and more often than not, out of his sisters reach. Known for his dazzling ocean blue eyes and tanned skin, he and his sister make an exotic duo.
Personality: Stable, mild and argumentative. He only argues with his sister, otherwise he listens. He is mild in personality and doesn't get offended easily and takes everything in stride.
History: Along with his sister, he was raised with his father in Treyard, the only difference was that, he didn't love cogs and turning gizmos like his sister. He spent more time designing brand new ideas and as his sister puts it; "Keeping his head in the clouds." His father, encouraged him to pursue his dreams and make them a reality. When his father fell ill, his sister tore him from his own work and forced him to work, making him somewhat unhappy, but resigned to do what he had to.
Other: Like his sister, he has a mysterious bracelet made of cogs.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:45 am

Isabella reminds me of Winry. XD
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:06 pm

I changed my mind. I figured with my character's build, he should be in security.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:46 pm

Question: I'd like to give this a try. It looks like fun! And I have a character in mind. But I was curious, what posts would be available on the Tiamat?

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:57 pm

PatrickEklektos (post: 1469618) wrote: But I was curious, what posts would be available on the Tiamat?

Right now, we need a pilot more than anything. Think you could do that?

Davidizer13

Postby Wind » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Name: Raven Larkulius
Role: she is a guard and security for the tiamat
Appearance: pic below
Personality: She is rather cautious but very protective over the people she cares about. She can sometimes become spaced out due to the memory loss she suffered when she was found by the tiamat
History: She was found by the captian of the Tiamat and taken into his service about 7 years ago where she trained in combat arts so she could be a guard aboard the Tiamat
Other: She has several pets a small dog, a cat and a Raven and she also carries a pair of indentical swords

Raven

her dog Sky

her cat snow

her bird shadow
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1469632) wrote:Right now, we need a pilot more than anything. Think you could do that?

Pilot would be perfect for the character I'm thinking of. I'll write up his bio here in just a few.

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Name: Felix (Last Name Unknown) nick name: Felix Tiamat
Role: Pilot
Appearance: Felix is what might be described as “princely” in his features with disheveled blond hair, blue eyes, and a kind smile to complement his angular features. He wears the white uniform of the now defunct White Horse Air Knights, it is not certain if this has sentimental value or is simply an expression of his ego.
Personality: He is a happy-go-lucky youth both charming and lively. He considers himself a “prince charming” and doesn’t quite live in reality. Both suave and convincing in his dealings, he has a weakness for any pretty face. This can unfortunately impact his judgement. He has great faith in the Tiamat and great loyalty to her captain. It can also be observed that he has a love/hate relationship with the Tiamat. He feels himself much closer to the ship than the others of the crew; often referring to it as “her” and treating it as a living thing. Yet at times he can also be just as fickle as a lover in his frustration.
History: Felix’ childhood is shrouded in mystery. It is only known that he came from Ikura, presumably from a wealthy family. Only the captain and the crew of the Tiamat know that prior to his service on this ship, he was kicked out of a prestigious military academy. And only the captain knows why. Having fallen on hard and desperate times Felix was found by the Captain in the slums of Ikura. Knowing his skills as a “boy wonder” crack pilot, Captain Bashinet took Felix under his wing hiring him as the pilot of the Tiamat.
Other: There is a branded tatoo on his upper, left shoulder. This is almost always covered. Also, Felix never travels anywhere without his modified Luger Pistol strapped to his side.
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Well done; all characters approved! We'll have quite an interesting bunch on this one, it would seem.

I'll send the game in for mod approval as soon as I hear back from AC about her character. If all goes well, we'll be starting within the week! The first plot I've got planned will likely be a land one, and if anyone else has some input on ideas for future arcs, I'd be glad to hear them.

Davidizer13

Postby Nami » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:52 am

Diamond Dragon (post: 1469573) wrote:Isabella reminds me of Winry. XD

Isabella is 100 times worse. XDDD

Woot! I'm excited, these characters all look like fun. :D I can't wait~ :3
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:21 am

Yeah! I don't think this RP will be very boring!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby acgifford » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:50 am

Name: Adele Larkin

Role: The captain's business advisor.

Appearance: She has short spikey brunette hair, almond shaped bright green eyes, a small slender nose, and rose colored full lips. She has a slender frame weighing around 118LBs. Her height is 5'5". She has pale almost translusent skin. She i wearing a fitted brown leather jacket with a dark green boat neck blouse underneath. She is also wearing a pair of fitted black slacks and pair of sage green pumps. Because of her profession, she dresses to impress.

History: Adele's mother passed away from cancer when she was very young. Her father was a business man and a work-aholic. Adele's family was never short on money. She loved her father very much, but because of his business, she did not see him much. She decided when she was 11 that she wanted to follow in her father's footsteps. Her father absolutly adored his daughter. She reminded him of his wife. He taught her everything he knew about business and payed for her schooling to become a business woman. By the time she finished all of her schooling she was 24. Her father helped her to find her first job as a business advisor for a captian named Truce(the captain of the airship). She has been working with him for 5 months and the captain does not seem to know what he is doing. Adele tries to remain optimistic that they will hit the jackpot at some point in the near future.

Personality: She is a go getter, efficiant, spunky, and sometimes flirtacious. She tries to remain as optimistic as possible. She is a Daddy's girl but is still her own woman. She is strong willed and enjoys traveling.

Other:She secrectly loves to dance and is good at it. She will not dance in front of people ever. She is quite shy about that. She sometimes regrets that she could spent more time with her father. She is tougher than she looks and doesnt mind getting her hands dirty.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:55 am

Awsome character AC!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Nami » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:00 am

Awesome character AC! :D
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am

@AC: Looks good - character approved!

I've just sent off the PM to a mod; we'll get things rolling very soon. For those of you who want to jump in, we're still taking chars, but be quick about it. If you're not on board, you're going to miss the [s]train[/s] plane.

Davidizer13

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:48 am

Nami (post: 1469743) wrote:Awesome character AC! :D

Tee hee, Jinks!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby acgifford » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:13 pm

XDD thanks guys! Wow! What an eclectic crew! This is going to be so fun!!
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Hold that flight!!!!

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1469748) wrote:@AC: Looks good - character approved!

I've just sent off the PM to a mod]train[/s] plane.

Yes! ..I thought I already had.:sweat:

I'll throw something together tonight.

Thinking technician/radioman/mechanic type guy....with guns, couple of .45s (revolvers or M1911s not sure yet) and a rifle ether a lever-action repeater or an M1903 Springfield....maybe a short sword with the head of a crescent wrench welded on...hmm... ohh and one of those "Pandora's box" type knapsacks with enough odds & ends in it to make anything malfunction/explode spectacularly, or jerry rig is to run for a few more seconds....

Also I would like to ask a question.
Those front to machine guns, are they fixed and controlled by the pilot, swivel-mounted in the nose, or both because some of the B-17s had them mounted so they could be switched from one to the other I think, though then you'd need to open up the nose of the plane, ether all glass or some bi windows...
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:02 pm

MomentOfInertia (post: 1469756) wrote:Those front to machine guns, are they fixed and controlled by the pilot, swivel-mounted in the nose, or both because some of the B-17s had them mounted so they could be switched from one to the other I think, though then you'd need to open up the nose of the plane, ether all glass or some bi windows...

My concept was that they were stationary, and that the pilot controlled them directly. The armaments aren't that sophisticated - they're meant more to scare off any possible bandits rather than for going hunting for them. It's a trader, not a warplane, after all.

Davidizer13

Postby rocklobster » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:43 pm

I was wondering, is there polluted water like in Last Exile?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:17 pm

goldenspines

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Well, you heard the woman; we are go to start this game! Thanks, Goldy! We will be starting this thing up very soon - if not tonight, then tomorrow.

rocklobster (post: 1469801) wrote:I was wondering, is there polluted water like in Last Exile?

I have no idea what that is, so I guess not!

Davidizer13

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:48 pm

I'll post as soon as you do David!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Nami » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:41 am

Name: Leonardo Flynn

Role: He is just there for fun.

Appearance: Tall, dark and handsome. With somehow silky brown locks, and mischievous green eyes, he makes the perfect thief, though a thief/rogue with fashion. He wears only the best dark vests, white renaissance shirts, light brown pants and dark leather boots. His skin is only slightly sun-tanned because he feels his complexion can't be risked.

Personality: Cocky, smooth and arrogant. He loves to toy with people's feelings and rarely is genuine. Should he ever be genuine the world might blow up.

History: Leonardo grew up in Ikura, but after he turned 10, we went off to a much higher class city, where he picked the pockets of wealthy gents and ladies. He soon became known as a ladies man at the age of 16, when he tricked one of the royal princesses into giving up her priceless diamond necklace. He was never caught for his crimes, though accusations still float around and threats by the dozens linger in the air. Leonardo has cleaned up some since then, now with more pomp and swagger, he steals a lot more efficiently and seeks more adventure. He works for no one but himself, he has grown increasingly bored with his life though and sees an escape and takes it whenever he can. (He hasn't shown up yet, and prolly won't for a bit)

Other: A well-traveled man, he learned swordsmanship, many different kinds from Asian arts to the finest fencing to be found, a real killer with his hand-to-hand combat and as sly as a fox. It's hard for people to fight him because when they swing, he is often no longer there. He carries a variety of weapons at all times most hidden, save for his selection of sword which sits on his belt.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Atria35 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:29 pm

Is it too late to join?

Name: Nia (last name unknown)

Role: Navigator

Appearance:

Personality: Even though she looks scary, Nia is actually pretty friendly. Though she has a hard time making anything more than superficial attachments- once she thinks the friendship is becoming serious, she'll become cold. She prefers being useful and doing something with her time- she's rather melancholy when she's on her own. Interrupt her at her most melancholy, if it's not for work, she'll tell you where to get off.

History: Nia didn't grow up in the best side of town-actually, she was born and raised in the slums. When Nia was about five, she was seperated from her mother when one of the local criminal gangs decided to set fire to the tenant building they were in for revenge- refusal to pay up. The fire raged out of control, and Nia got seperated from her mother and two sisters in the confusion. She was taken to an orphanage, but ran away two years later and stowed away on an airship.

Nia was lucky- the crew liked her spunk when she was found out, and allowed to stay on board. She was raised as one of the crew. It was a smuggling ship, so she did get involved in some nasty things, and when she was 22 ended up in jail. Now that she's out, she's looking for a new ship, thinking that it's a good time to cut ties with her past and start anew.

Other: She's also a habitual smoker and occasionally drinks, and has been clean from drugs for the last three years. Because she has lived on an airship for most of her life, she knows enough about everything to help out or fill in when another crewman is sick. She's also decent and hand-to-hand fighting and not a bad shot with her two pistols! (useful when you're a smuggler!)
Atria35

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Atria35 (post: 1469932) wrote:Is it too late to join?

Not at all - you're just in time!

Your characters are approved - good luck out there.

Davidizer13

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying