Drawing Pains (I'm not sure of the title though)

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Drawing Pains (I'm not sure of the title though)

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:06 pm

I got this idea slightly from ChristianKitsune's comic, Stick Monkey Chronicles. I asked her if I could use it, and she said yes! THANK YOU KIT!

Ok, so lately, several people have found strange looking pens or pencils. Some people just drop them back where they found it, but a few take theirs home. Once they get there, some draw a picture with it. But the next day, they find their picture came to life! Of course they're surprised and maybe a bit scared, but they get over it eventually. Some have no idea how to deal with it, while others manage to hide whatever or whoever they drew. And all the while, the pen/pencil they used either dissapears, or becomes a normal pen, never to bring another picture to life again. Where did the pens come from? Well, in an underground lab that even the government doesn't know about, a group of scientist worked on those pens for pretty much they're whole lives, desperately trying to make one that won't just make one picture come to life, but EVERY pricture you draw with it. Unfortunately, what they planned to do with it was to take over the world. However, one of the scientists was going on a trip to another connected lab, taking several of the pencils with him. Somehow, he lost the case with the pens in them. And of course pens are usually moved around alot, so that's how they got scattered. But now the scientist have finally succeded in their goal. They have hired a few artists to draw monsters for them. Now everyone who had a drawing brought to life with one of the prototype pens have to band together to save the world.

Now I was thinking that this should take place over summer break or something, so that the artists have more free time to deal with their characters and/or objects they made. Also, I think it would be cool if some of us could play the character(s) of the artist (who would be played by another person!) Just a suggestion.

Character Sheets:
Artists:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio(this includes how he/she found the pen, and who/what he drew with it):
Pen's Appearance(optional):

For the Characters that came to life:
Name:
Power(s)(if any):
Appearance:
Other:

Scientists:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
How long he/she had been working on the pens:

Monster Artists:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
What kind of monsters he/she draws:

Ok, that's it for now! (my characters coming in a bit!)
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:00 pm

Ok, here's mine! (she's pretty much me but with a different past)

Name: Dia Momaya
Appearance: (on the left) http://i.imgur.com/TkZ09.jpg
Personality: Kinda shy, she keeps to herself and only gives short answers when asked a question.
Bio: Was an orphan ever since her parents died in a car accident when she was 7, and was adopted several months later by a kind couple. She found the pen a few months ago when she was walking to school (Which was only a few blocks away) fascinated by it's looks, she put it in her backpack. When she got home she got the pen out and drew a picture of two of her characters, Tiger and Ruby, and herself. But not the self she really was....The next day she was woken up by Ruby shaking her awake. Poor Dia got quite a scare when she realized who Ruby was. But luckily her foster parents wheren't up. When she got dressed, she and Ruby found Tiger raiding the fridge. Dia decided to take Tiger and Ruby to the basement, where her parents never really went. But her troubles where far from over when she finally went up and looked in the mirror.....
Pen's Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=fantasy+pen#/d1h9079
Other: The pen lost it's power, and now Dia uses it as a regular pen.

Name: Tiger
Race: Human
Personality: Very hotheaded and stubborn, has a huge ego (literaly)
Power(s)(if any): Can change his size, from shirnking down to 3 inches (which he hardly ever does) to growing up to 50 feet tall! (which he almost ALWAYS does) He's also really strong.
Appearance: (will get back to you on that)
Other: Sometimes he acts a bit like a cat.....

Name: Ruby
Personality: Outgoing, though aggresive if provoked (and Tiger provokes her alot) very competive, and likes a challenge.
Power(s)(if any): Can go intangible, and knows all kinds of karate and judo (she's a sort of modern ninja)
Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/nQ1M2.jpg
Other: She loves sports

Name: Dia Momaya (drakkin form)
Race: Drakkin (a cross of a dragon and human)
Personality: Same as when she's in normal form.
Power(s)(if any): Can fly with her wings, can breath blue fire, and can cover herself in diamond armor, and make spikes or other shapes shoot out from any part of her body, like spikes from her knuckles like Wolverine, to long claws from her nails, to a long sword-like spike from the back of her hand (much like Edward Elric when he transmutes his automail arm into a sword)
Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/TkZ09.jpg
Other: Even in normal form Dia has changed a little. Her parents sometimes wonder why her teeth seem unusualy sharp now (almost sharkish) , the strange diamond-like nailpolish on her nails (which she never seems to take off) and sometimes her eyes changing color.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Hey, I'll throw together a prof while I'm putting my feet up today. I actually really like this concept, especially the name. Only pls get a mod to fix it. XD Every time I read it I get weird pictures of Darwin saying, "Do a barrel roll!" since Darwing sounds like a StarFox ship name.
In case you respond before I start writing my chars, how much liberites can we take? Like I have an idea of each prototype pen is powered in a different way, from a price of some kind, to solar power, to requiring the original drawing to be intact.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:47 pm

I really like that idea! And you can do pretty much anything unless it interfers with the plot or something...And yeah, I really shopuld get a mod to change the name. XD;;
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Ok, here are my character bios. I think I take RP way too seriously...

Name:Greyten Rembrendtt
Appearance:Tall (~6') and big boned, though still in normal proportions. Not visibly over-muscular. He's white with brown hair and grey eyes.
Personality:Greyten uses a cold and aggressive shell as a mechanism to defend those close to him. On the inside he's non-assertive, facitious, and naturally looks out for others. However he is very assertive and dead serious when violence becomes nescessary for looking out for others. Despite his natural tendency against being assertive, he is concretely strong willed in what he believes.
Bio(this includes how he/she found the pen, and who/what he drew with it): Greyten found his pen "Prototype Dust" on his way home from his delivery job. An aspiring manga artist(with a very long way to go) he was wanting to branch into professional drawing equipment but couldn't afford it. He found "P. Dust" embedded in the tire of his russian Ural(motorcycle with a sidecar). As he pulled it out he cut himself badly on a shard of odd metal fused to the pen-tip, then carried it into his apartment in the bloody hand as he went for a bandage. After fashioning a quick penholder, he tried inking a drawing of himself with what he called "Ryu Buki" a play on English translated Japanese words meaning "Dragon" and "Arm"(Buki is arm as in weapon, but the weapon is also an arm, like the actual appendage), literally a rock dragon's arm on his body. Unsatisfied, he crumpled the page. After a few practice strokes, he tried inking another drawing. Since the girls he drew always had things wrong with them, he had practiced hard in order to minimalize abnormallly long necks and curved arms. The final result was a girl with cat ears and a tail which he drew, slightly to his later embarrassment(mainly due to the fact that she came alive), as his "ideal" woman. His left eye was blackened in an accident so he was using only his right eye, but somehow mangaed to ink it perfectly. Scrolling the name "Mimikoneko", another play on words, he called it a day and went to sleep. He woke up a week later in an ICU, nearly every bone broken and missing his right eye. In unimaginable pain, he only made it out alive due to the constant attendance of a hooded girl with sky-light blue eyes. After an odd accident, Greyten and Mimikoneko checked themselves out of the ICU and have been on the move trying to find out about the pen-tip while doing their best to keep Mimikoneko's secret.
Greyten activates his "Ryu Buki" by touching the sketch with his right hand( a painful process) and reverts to normal by mentally rejecting it. Ryu Buki is the only weapon besides a few conventional firearms that Greyten and Mimiko have against the Monster Arts.
Pen's Appearance(optional): Prototype Dust is an artist's pen, the kind that is just the tip. It is copper in coloring, and has "Prototype Dust" engraved upon it. A shard of an unknown substance pultrudes from its back, requiring a custom handle to be made.

Name:Mimikoneko
Age:8 months since concept rendering, projected age 19.
Race:Feloid Human (Human augmented with certain feline characteristics)
Personality:Very shy and quiet, conflicted with high curiosity bolstered by unfamiliarity with the world. Greyten's strong will is slowly beginning to rub off on her, and she is developing it in her own way.
Power(s)(if any): None. Mimikoneko is slightly weaker than normal humans but is also lighter, resulting in an odd balance where she can climb and manuever better than humans, but can't lift or operate things as easily.
Appearance: Almost as tall as Greyten, shoulder length red hair. Two large, functional feline ears(Siamese build and coloring) on the top of her head in place of standard human ears paired with matchin Siamese blue cat eyes(the pupils are almost always round, and hardly ever go into slit mode), as well as functional tail also of the Siamese persuation. Oddly (Greyten doesn't remember drawing this detail) she has kitty pads on her otherwise normal feet. Her overall appearence is attractive, since she was the final result of Greyten's practice drawing females. Her picture was somewhat of a fluke, since he still can't successfully draw women.
Other: When she is completely relaxed and is happy she purrs. Greyten has only heard her purr once.

Scientists:
Name:Yuri Wolxenstiener, nicknamed Wolx as a jab against the Manga series he is always reading.
Appearance:Slicked back grey hair, labcoat, and occasionally a russian fur cap.
Personality:Jocular but very observant of the rules. He makes the best of situations and is very longsuffering.
Bio:Born in Siberia to russian peasants, he was the only child to survive the harsh conditions. Intent upon bettering the living conditions of his fellow countrymen he dedicated himself to scientific persuits. Along the way, he became very convinced of the religious nescessity in the realm of science and began to use the religion of his childhood as a base for his scientific endeavors. After some successes in certain obscure fields, the Kremlin asked him to assist in a top secret experiemnt. His scientific career, as well as the lives of everyone in his childhood region, were conditioned upon his compliance.
How long he/she had been working on the pens: 5 years. Forced to work on the pens, he used the experiment and it's facilities to further his own research on topics of his own interest. Combining what he learned with the pens, he developed the first working prototype. Certain aspects, including a near mythologically rare ore as well as what was required to initialize the pen rendered the "Prototype Dust" pen-tip innefective.

These characters told me they wanted in. But if need be I can write a Monster Artist and other antagonistic parts, not to mention I would love to do a combine RP with someone.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:52 pm

That's awsome Rusty!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:47 pm

This is what Tiger looks like: http://i.imgur.com/YO9Hy.jpg and he has three parallel scars on his left cheek.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Nice! I did a sketch/montage of Greyten and Mimiko, so I should scan it in. I find it hard to believe that no one else has expressed interest in this yet.
*sigh* Meh, almost all the action here at CAA has been in the argument threads. I think Unwind is the only RP that's been active recently. I hope things kick back up since "why you are wrong about beards" is getting old. XD
Rusty Claymore

Postby Vega » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:12 am

My character will be in shortly, just finishing up my sketch and such.
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:02 am

Yay! XD
Rusty Claymore

Postby Asuka Neko » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:06 am

Ooh, this sounds cool! I'm gonna be drawing up my characters shortly!
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Postby Asuka Neko » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Alright, sorry about the double post, but I have mine done!

Name: Riley Taylor
Appearance: Riley has black hair and brown eyes, he always wears hats, and he is a bit gangly and awkward. Here is a picture!
Personality: He's a bit shy and quiet, and doesn't have many friends at school. He is basically a goody-two-shoes and worries a lot about his parents finding out about the pen and the girl he created with it. He likes peace and quiet, and playing the piano.
Bio(this includes how he/she found the pen, and who/what he drew with it): Riley is by no means an artist; if anything, his sister Rachel is. Rachel is an otaku, and she can actually draw, so when Riley was looking for a red pen to use for a paper, he found the pen in her room. He figured it was harmless, even though Rachel hadn't used it yet. Before he started writing the paper, he used the pen to draw a doodle of a girl while he was bored in class. This made Corel come to life, and when she did, Riley didn't know who she was or how she came from his little stick figure drawing. And now he just has to worry about his mom finding out that there is a teenage girl with absolutely no common sense living in his bedroom.
Pen's Appearance(optional): The pen is called Code Red, it's a red pen with the words "code red" along the side. The tip is silver and there are two silver rings around the bottom. Other than that, it looks like a regular pen. EDIT (I just read something about there being a 'price' to use it, which I find interesting...) The ink that Code Red makes can only be seen by the first person who uses it, thus rendering Riley unable to prove that Corel came from something he drew.

Name: Corel
Age: Appears around 16, but she was technically just created.
Personality: Somewhat hyper, crazy, and a little bit dangerous and violent at times. She has a gun as well, which Riley drew next to her, and for some reason, she knows how to use it. She threatens to shoot people with it more often than she should.
Power(s)(if any): None
Appearance: A beautiful girl with curly, red hair and green eyes. Picture
Other: Corel loves fish, so she likes Wilbur, but Riley hates him.

Name: Wilbur
Race: Some kind of fish-morph
Personality: Super over-protective, loves Corel and would do anything for her, devoted, but mean to anyone he doesn't like. He can't talk, so he just growls, barks, whines, and makes other dog/cat noises.
Power(s)(if any): He can transform all the way into a catfish, and he can breathe underwater and swim super-fast.
Appearance: A boy with long, cream-colored hair that ends in brown tips, blue eyes, brown mottled skin, and fins on his head, back, and elbows. He is half-catfish, and can turn all the way into one as well. Picture
Other: No one knows who created him, because his creator disappeared mysteriously.
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Awsome! I hope we get a few more people!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Asuka Neko » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:08 pm

So... I was wondering, can some of the pens draw more than one thing or do they all die out after one picture? Because I have a better idea for Wilbur (rather than making him a catfish still, because he couldn't travel around with them!) Or it could be possible that someone else with another pen drew him... heh. I may have to edit my post and add in some more stuf.
~My Website~
Asuka Neko

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:37 pm

I guess a few of the pens can bring more than one drawing to life...but only a few.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Asuka Neko » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:07 pm

I actually came up with another idea... would we be able to roleplay more than one set of people with pens and people they created? That would work better than more than one drawing from a single pen.
~My Website~
Asuka Neko

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Sure you can! Just don't get swamped because you made too many characters, XD
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Asuka Neko » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Alright, I added Wilbur's profile to my post with Corel and Riley's!
~My Website~
Asuka Neko

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:14 am

Awsome Asuka! And also, anyone want to try and RP Ruby? :3
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:49 pm

I think I will join this story as soon as Lent ends, when I will have more time. I'll post a character then.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:09 pm

ok Rock! ^^
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:03 pm

I'm compliling sketches but I literally worked every waking hour today and was waiting around for the rest, so it'll be abit before I can scan them in. n.n
Rusty Claymore

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:52 am

Ok Rusty. Can't wait to see them!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Vega » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 pm

I'll be posting my character really soon. Just finishing up some stuff ^^;
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Ok Vega!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby SeraphicCharm » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:44 pm

I'll be joining too, just have to develop my characters a bit more!
SeraphicCharm

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:30 pm

That's awsome Seraphic!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Im Joining!!!! Yay!!!

Postby Wind » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:30 am

Artists:

Name:Raven
Nickname: Rave
Appearance: Image
Personality: kinda quirky she thinks she hears voices in her head that tell her to draw things
Bio: The Pen was delivered to her father in a mysterious package before her entire family was killed and she drew Drake. He is her dream guy. He is a dragon shapeshifter who has a the tragic past that Raven wrote for him

Name: Drakulion
Nickname: either Wind or Drake sometimes Strider (depends on who you are talking to)
Race: dragon shapeshifter
Personality: Very strong and very much a gentleman but he is tormented by his vile past that he doesnt want to reveal to anyone
Power(s)(if any): he can manipulate the element of Fire and Ice and Creates weapon designs from his mind.
Appearance: His Human Form
HIs Dragon Form
Other: He carries a large broadswoard that is as long as he is tall(6 feet)
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:29 am

That's awsome Wind!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:45 pm

Alrighty, my charrie sketches... I'm gonna be lazy and just attatch them. n.n
They are all labled.
Rusty Claymore

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying