[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Otakus Are Us - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Otakus Are Us

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Otakus Are Us

Postby Midori » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:47 am

And GM are rocklobster. Have fun!
Midori

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:14 am

Christa got up and got dressed for school. Then she went to her computer and got her new flyers she'd made for the club off it. After her mom got her sister ready, Christa drove off to school. She walked up to the next bulletin board and took some thumbtacks to post her club's notice.
The flyer read:
[align=center]Feeling left out because no one you know likes anime and manga?
We know how you feel
Please join us! Otakus are us
There was also an e-mail, a facebook address, and a home address for Christa's house.
OOC: The next poster can bump into Christa, please? Oh and Soran, In this story, the middle school and the high school are both on the same property, right next to each other. So you can actually walk right into the high school if you like.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:00 am

Talia walked with her ASL interpreter. She could feel the hallways pulsing with noise, even though the sound was nonexistant for her. She saw another girl by the corkboard for clubs, and wandered over. She glanced at what was up there. Knitting and crocheting, football, volleyball, and... anime? She perked up when she noticed that the girl beside her was putting up a poster for that. 'Yes! Subtitles all the way!' She gently nudged the girl's shoulder and pointed at the President's name on the paper.
Atria35

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:12 pm

"Lio! C'mon! We're gonna be late!"

Dang Toby! Why do you always show up for breakfast? Liona thought with an air of aggrivation as she slipped on some shoes and grabbed her bookbag. With heavy thumps she headed to the kitchen where her father was making eggs and toast...and where her childhood friend and next-door neighbour was chattering at the counter...eating her breakfast.

"Hey!", she said snatching the warm bread from the boy's hand, "What are you doing, Tobias Krane!? I swear, you act like you live here!"

The boy brushed back his sandy blonde hair and grinned, poking at her playfully.

"Aww! C'mon Lio! I love startin' the day with the Tichelis. Besides, Mr. T can cook!"

He sent an appreciative smile to the looming man wearing the apron; he chuckled and nodded. The clock chimed and Lio suddenly forgot her frustrations with Toby.

"We gotta go!"

She ran over to her father for a hug and peck on the cheek before she and Toby were out the door. After clicking the straps to her shoes, Liona was quickly rollerblading over to Toby who was idlely riding his skateboard. Mornings were always like this for them; they had been close since they were in diapers. And this morning, they were going to defy all odds: they were going to be early!

Toby was the first one to spot the tall redhead hovering around the bulletin board. Another girl, equally pretty with bright eyes, was near with an older woman. Toby rushed over, slapping a hand on Christa's shoulder.

"G'morning! Excited about that economics exam today? Woah!", he looked at the flyer, "You're starting an anime club?! Awesome Chris!"

He smiled wide and then looked down at the new face. He could tell she was studying him when he spoke to Christa. Just maybe...
He winked and looking up at the ceiling for answers, shakely sighed "H-E-L-L-O" and "H-O-W A-R-E- Y-O-U".

Lio sighed at Toby's enthuiasm and flirtatious nature. She felt a tug on her shirt as she approached the small group. A small girl with long red hair and bright, wide eyes peered up at her; smiling cheek to cheek. Her large, green dress ruffled and crunched as she pressed herself to the older girl.

" おはよお ございますアオナオナさん! げんき です か.", the girl asked in a chirper voice.

"おはよおりア-ちゃん. わたしはねむたいです."
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Talia's hands immediately came up when the cute boy who'd joined them mouthed the words- it was pretty obvious, and her first instinct was to respond. But she managed to catch herself for a moment. Her fingers fluttered a bit as her face turned red, anger and shame warring in her heart. After a moment, one hand waved at him, and she mouthed "Hello" back.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Christa turned to see Talia. She immediately started using sign language that she'd learned while tutoring her. "Well, I thought it couldn't hurt to try and see what happens. When I told mom that Speed Racer was actually anime and that makes her an anime fan, she was shocked. So I'm wondering if we're going to get people who don't even know what anime is." She reached in her backpack. "Oh, I almost forgot. Here's the Monster volumes you let me borrow. I'm really enjoying this story."
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Talia grinned and took the manga back. ((Thanks! I appreciate it! Who's that guy, though?)) she signed, pointing at the guy who'd come up and asked about the Econ exam.
Atria35

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:46 pm

Toby was simply grinning at the two, watching them sign when Leah and Liona joined them. Leah had since Talia a lot; her older sister Christa and her were always signing and to her young mind, always hanging out.

Liona studyed the girl's face; first trying to remember if she had seen her and then appreciating the artistic features of her face. She wanted to ask her to model in the future, for sure. Leah turned to her and explained to her in Japanese who the girl was. Talia. Liona nodded in understanding, and opening up her sketchbook to a blank page wrote:

"Pleasure to meet you. Please sign me as Lio. I hope my friend hasn't been a bother."
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:06 am

((The boy's name is Toby. I've seen him around before.)) Christa signed. She saw Lio's message and nodded, then relayed what was written on the piece of paper to Talia.
At that moment, a couple of snooty girls from an exclusive clique noticed them. One of them said to Christa, "How can you watch that stuff, Christa? It's for children."
"How can you read those stupid books about those vampires and werewolves who can't stop stalking that Mary Sue?" Christa replied sarcastically.
"That Mary Sue is Bella. And don't talk about her that way!" said the girl dreamily.
"Oh please. I have more talent in my pinky than Stephanie Meyer has in her whole body!" Christa rolled her eyes.
The girls stormed off.
"Honestly, I don't know what people see in those Twilight novels." Christa sighed. "Well, Talia, I believe the bell's about to ring. Leah, I'll see you at recess. You'd better get to class, too."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:50 am

(OOC: Don't worry, I think Talia can read! XD )

Talia nodded hello to Leo again, smiled at Leah (she'd seen Leah before, maybe now they could be better friends), and gave an even bigger smile and wave at the smallest of the group- Lio, as Christa explained. What a cute name! She gave the motions for the sign for 'lion', and pointed at Lio to emphasize it, while Christa dealt with the clique of popular girls. She knew Christa would put up a good argument, even if she didn't win.

Then Christa made her aware that the bell was about to ring. Right on time the timer lights on her watch face started blinking. Talia waved at the group and rushed off- she hda to be on the other side of the building to check in at the library- her alternative class to gym, since gym was a bit too dangerous for the hearing-impaired.

But she made a note that Anime Club was starting at 3 today- she couldn't wait!
Atria35

Postby Beau Soir » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:53 am

"But I've been soooo close, all day...! C'mon!" Erin muttered under her breath. Her head was stuck inside her open locker, hovering above a glowing Nintendo DS she was keeping hidden. Erin bit her lip in anticipation... the final gym battle in Pokemon HeartGold seemed to be taking forever! She'd had to keep her white DS on sleep mode in her purse since the morning- usually she carried it with her to ease boredom, but today she'd been finding small increments at which to play and maybe get just that bit further enough to finish the game she'd recently gotten.
Almost there...

Although Erin was preoccupied, she still couldn't help but pick up on her best friend's voice as she walked by- well, her old best friend. Missy had thought Erin was a "weirdo" when she discovered that she liked video games and anime. Apparently Erin liked things too different to stay friends with the popular girl.

"That anime stuff is weird, I watched it one time but it was so... messed up."

Erin froze and paused her game. That was definitely Missy, for sure. She poked the stylus back into her DS, flipped the handheld closed, and stuffed it back into her purse. It'd have to wait... But, why was Missy even talking about anime anyway?

Her head emerging from her locker, Erin watched the popular clique as they passed her by, and she turned to see where they had come from. The hallways were emptying quickly since the bell was about to ring, but there were a few people lingering around the club corkboards. Had something new come up? Erin raised her eyebrows in curiosity.

She hurried over the the club boards after grabbing her gym bag and shutting her locker. And sure enough, there was a new flyer for an anime club! Erin's face broke into a smile. How cool! She made note of the time and place in her mind. But who was Christa Kandos, the club president? She'd never met her before...
Unfortunately, Erin didn't have time to hang around. Her eyes still transfixed on the poster, she turned to rush off but accidentally bumped lightly into a nearby girl with long auburn hair.
"Oh! Sorry about that, um...?" Erin insinuated that she didn't know the girl's name.

(OOC: Wow, this sure has gotten far already, sorry for not posting earlier!
Erin's going to be 5'2" instead of 5'6" XD I thought I was making her average height, but I guess I'm just a tall girl... lol!)

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Masquerade1412 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:33 am

I have got to start waking up earlier in the morning..., Alex thought. While taking his books from his locker, he overheard somebody's conversation.
Did she just say anime?

Alex tried to make out the rest of the conversation, but the noise of the surrounding students overpowered him.
*sigh* Oh, well. She didn't seem to be enthusiastic about anime, so she must not like it.

He glanced at the bulletin board and noticed the new poster. Otakus are us? Well, I do like anime...although I haven't watched a lot, perhaps this Christa Kandos will let me in...I might be able to find some good anime! Now I just have to find her...
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:04 pm

"Oh, that's all right. The name's Christa. And you are?" Christa asked.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:46 pm

OOC: Umm...just to clarify....
Leah: kid sis to Christa; 12
Lio: highschooler; artist
Toby: highschooler; soccer player

Leah nodded at her sister and pranced down the hallway back to the middle school.

~~~

Liona was excited; like an ancient artifact of her mind had been uncovered in a rare dig. Her eyes saw Talia's gesture for her name; and she remembered "lion". The fact that she remembered was dulling the slight pain in her chest. Her attention focused to the clock; the bell was about to ring soon. It took her a minute, but she shakely signed out (Library?).

She had seen her head that way many mornings, so it was best to assume. She and Toby had their first class near there anyway. Toby was mounting his skateboard as Lio tapped her wheels on the floor.

("H-O-P O-N"), Toby signed better now, motioning her to get on the front end, flashing a big smile.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:15 pm

Talia signed ((library)) back at Liona to affirm that was her destination, then looked at Toby and his skateboard rather nervously. She finally smiled and got on with him, a little shaky. She'd been on a skateboard a total of two times. Neither time had ended very well. She hoped this time she wouldn't end up with a broken arm.

(OOC: Phantom, you're going to have to manipulate my character and what she needs to do for the ride- I've never ridden a skateboard with another person, and have been on a skateboard a total of 2 times.)
Atria35

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:05 pm

OOC: Hahaha, it's quite alright. I ride motorcycles, not skateboards, so I'm making it up as I go.

Toby smiled in reassurance, gently placing his arm in front of Talia careful to not touch her and overstep personal boundaries and kicked the skateboard into motion. The soon built up speed and Lio was skated beside them; making sure to balance Talia if needed and enjoying the occasional trick of slidding over an object or winding by confused underclassmen. The looming doors of the library got closer as they turned a corner and the skateboard slowed to a stop. Toby's arm returned to his side and Lio offered Talia a hand to step down.

("S-E-E Y-O-U L-A-T-E-R"), Toby said with another devistating grin.

Liona noticed and rolled her eyes. He was such a flirt sometimes. Oy. She shook her head and smiled a warm smile as she crunched a sheet of paper into Talia's hand. It took her a second, but she managed to sign: "Phone Number".
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:54 am

Talia was shaky on the board, but Toby and Lio made sure that she didn't fall. All in all, it was rather a fun ride! As Lio helped her off the board, Toby gave her one of his trademark "cute" grins and signed ((see you later)). Talia wasn't too impressed- she'd seen them flashed enough. She rolled her eyes and shook her head, but signed out ((thanks)) and gave him a smile.

When Lio pressed the paper into her hand, her eyes lit up. Talia grinned widely. ((Thanks So Much!)) she signed. ((See you in History!)) She waved at the two as she disappeared into the library, pulling out her cell phone discreetly to type in the number.
Atria35

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:26 pm

When Talia was gone and they were outside the door to their class, Liona took Toby's skateboard and whacked him in the back with it.

"Ouch! Jeez Lio! What was that floor?"

"For being such an intolerable flirt! Gosh, way to be a creeper Tobias Krane!"

"So?"

"So knock it off!"

"Aww....are you jealous?"

"NO! But I'd like for my childhood/best friend not to attempt to be the stereotypical jock lady-killer!!!", she replied red in the face.

He put a arm around her, in a warm brotherly manner and escorted her to her desk before taking his seat beside her.

"Okay, okay. I'll lay off. Besides, there might be other cute girls that join Christa's club."

"Creep!", she said throwing a pen at him.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Atria35 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Talia grinned as she went ahead and sent a quick text to Lio before class started: I'd think he was cuter if I didn't know he smiled like that at every girl! He's really nice, but MAN!
Atria35

Postby Beau Soir » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:17 pm

"Oh good, sorry," Erin said, scratching her head. "Hey wait, Christa? As in- Christa, the president of the new anime club?" A smile came across Erin's face. "I was totally going to attend today! I'm Erin Gossamer!" She held the strap of her P.E. bag with one hand and offered a handshake to Christa with the other. "It's cool to meet you! But um, we're going to be late to class if we stick around too long, so..."

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby rocklobster » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:18 am

Christa laughed. "Well, that makes 4 members now, counting myself. And don't be so nervous, we don't bite. We meet at 3:30. By the way, we'll be starting by watching one of my favorite Miyazaki movies: Whisper of the Heart." She smiled as she went of to her first class: Health.
Note: We're going to skip to lunch tomorrow, then Friday we'll do the first meeting.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Masquerade1412 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Alex's ears perked as he passed by.
So, THAT'S Christa.
Alex opened his mouth to say something, but his voice was drowned out by the bell.
*sigh*I'll have to talk to her after class.
Alex turned and quickly hurried to Geometry.
Masquerade1412

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:23 am

OOC: It is now lunchtime. I'm doing this so maybe Christa might meet more potential members before we do the first meeting.
Christa got her lunch box out of her locker and headed to the cafeteria. She was in high spirits, and not just because she was starting her club. She just had a pop quiz in Algebra and she knew she aced. Not only that, but she even got a correct answer on the Equation of the Week! And math wasn't quite her best subject, but she did well enough to pass. Yes! This is an excellent day she thought.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Talia sat next to Christa, poking her in the ribs to get her attention. ((Afternoon! So how are your classes going?))
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:42 pm

Christa smiled and signed ((Algebra was uncharacteristically the best so far. I actually solved the equation of the week. Had to wait until today to see it, but it was worth the 4-day wait. That's never happened before!))
She took out a thermos of vegetable beef soup and a salami sandwich. ((I'm thinking of showing Whisper of the Heart at the club. What do you think?))
OOC: If you haven't seen it, just improvise like you have. I won't mind.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:46 pm

((Sounds good! Miyazaki is always the best way to go. And it's a good movie, to boot.)) She took out her phone and started texting. ((I'm gonna see if Lio and Toby can join us. They're pretty awesome. I got a ride to class!))
Atria35

Postby Masquerade1412 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:16 pm

Finally! I found her! Alex threw the trash into the bin and walked toward the table Christa was at.
All right, you can do this...just relax...
Alex arrived at the table and nervously asked,
"Um, e-excuse me, are you Christa?"
Masquerade1412

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:03 pm

Liona had been giggling all morning after getting Talia's text right as the teacher walked in. It was so true!, she thought with a smirk of their private joke. Toby remained oblivious as ever, so it made her day. They went through each class rather well. It was odd, she always thought, that she and Toby were in all of the same classes together. She loved honors courses, and as bright as Toby was, he still focused mostly on soccer. Tutoring time and homework study sessions were a norm for them; but today, after the text, Lio actually stopped to think about just how many girls Toby flirted with. It seems like a decent number, considering how much time she was with him to observe.

Finally the lunch bell rang, and Toby was out the door before she could even wave. That boy! He has a tapeworm for a stomach!She rolled her eyes and headed for the fine arts hallway as she did everyday.

Toby waited in line, grabbing double portions for every inch of his tray. Loaded with food and feeling triumphant, he scanned the cafeteria until spotting Christa's table. His tray landed with a loud thump on the table, and he pulled up a seat for himself. He smiled, waving to Alex and grinning at Talia before taking a bite out of a burger.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:14 am

"Yes. Why do you ask?" Christa answered.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:44 am

Talia looked at the boy who approached with interest. He looked a little scared- like a deer in headlights.

Just then Toby plopped down and grinned at her. She rolled her eyes and smirked as he began to eat, but genuinely smiled at Lio as she came over. ((Afternoon! Glad to see you could join us!))
Atria35

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying