Otakus Are Us

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Otakus Are Us

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:30 am

OK, all my RP's are officially dead. So, I just got a new idea. Before anyone asks, no I haven't been watching Genshiken.
How about a slice-of-life rp about an anime club? We don't have to just do the club meetings. We can also show what the members are doing when they aren't getting together. Here's the character sheet:
Name:
Age: (junior high to high school is fine. My character will be the oldest because she's the president and it seems appropriate)
Physical Description:
Personality:
Anime he/she likes:
Extra:
And here's our president:
Name: Christa Kandos
Physical Description: Krista is a tall girl with long auburn hair down to her shoulders. She has one green eye and one blue eye, and a fair complexion. She has a fairly athletic build, thanks to her years in gymnastics training. She also has a 12 year old younger sister (yes, you can play her sis if you want)
Personality: Krista is a true tomboy and has never gotten out of that phase nor her anime phase. Her parents are indifferent but they figure at least she's not doing anything illegal. She formed the club because she wants to meet like-minded people. She also has a strong Christian faith.
Anime he/she likes: Christa enjoys anything with a Yoko Kanno soundtrack. Her all-time favorite show is Rahxephon, with Voltron being a "guilty pleasure" (she has seen the original).
Extra: Krista can play the guitar and piano. She is also into David Bowie.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Masquerade1412 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:01 am

Name: Alexander Reed (Alex for short)
Physical Description: About 5'10''. Short black hair and emerald eyes. Has an average build.
Personality: Quiet, but can be very outspoken in private. Is very intellegent, but knows next to nothing about slang, socializing, or people. His mind works faster than his mouth, meaning he knows what he is about to say, but it just comes out wrong. This often causes people to misinterpret his intentions.
Anime he/she likes: Alex had read manga for years but only recently started to watch anime, so he hasn't seen a lot of it. However his favorite so far is Clannad.
Extra: Huge music lover, but freezes up when people suddenly ask him what he's listening to.

I hope I did this right, because this sounds like a very good RPG.
You have TRULY outdone yourself, rocklobster! :thumb:
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:23 pm

It's fine. You're in.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Beau Soir » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Name: Erin Gossamer
Physical description: Slim and not very curvy. About 5'6", pale complexion. Erin has- Okay, this might just be better if I show you. Her eyes are hazel.
Personality: Girly, an overall happy person, friendly, opinionated, curious, she can be really silly at times and rightfully serious at others. She has a bit of a temper that can flare, and she hates being underestimated.
Anime she likes: D.N.Angel, Rurouni Kenshin, Pokemon, Durarara!!, Romeo x Juliet, etc...
Extra: Erin is a Christian. However, she has a hard time forgiving others. She also has self-image issues because she's afraid people would mistake her for a boy if she wasn't such a girly-girl.
She also likes playing video games a lot, and carries her Nintendo DS in her purse with her. She loves adventure and fantasy, and cute romance.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Name: Talia Harper
Physical Description: I finally get to pull out this pic! About 5'3" tall, though.
Personality: Quiet. A bookworm- she can rewrite her favorite books word-for-word. She loves to laugh and has a thing for bad jokes. Shy. And sensitive about being deaf.
Anime he/she likes: Monster, Paranoia Agent, Higurashi: When They Cry (basically, psychological and horror anime)
Extra: She's deaf, so anime made it into her repertoire of entertainment merely because it has subtitles. In fact, she has a hard time being convinced to see anything in English, just because she doesn't want to put subtitles on and bother other people! She also manages to hide it from most people who aren't paying close attention by wearing earbuds- there isn't any music actually playing, but when she ignores something randomly said to her, they tend to blame it on that.

(yes, I'm pulling the deafness from the other character in the Runaways RP. It's such a fascinating character trait!)
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:22 am

That's fine about the deafness. I did that once too. Can she at least read lips? If not, I can adapt by giving Krista knowledge of ASL. (American Sign Language) You're in.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Yes, she can read lips. I definitely will have her able to do that.
Atria35

Postby ABlipinTime » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:55 am

How do you play one of these things?
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:15 am

It's like an interactive story. You just tell us what your character is doing (and only your character) and we interact with him/her.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Name: Leah Kandos
Physical Description: Like her sister, Leah has auburn hair, but hers is straighter and reaches to her waist. Her eyes are bright green and she is of fair complexion. 4'10" and built lanky but fit. She generally wears cute Harujuku inspired clothing.
Personality: A ball of energy and delight, Leah loves to go to her sister's meetings and enjoy the party. She is sensitive, light-hearted, and enjoys to be with others.
Anime he/she likes: Any light shojo" Fruits Basket, Sailor Moon, Tokyo Mew Mew, etc.
Extra:Loves to sew and cosplay.

Name: Tobias Krane (Tobs or Toby)
Physical Description:Athletic, tall, and lanky. 5' 11"-6'0". Toby has the skin of a boy who mowed many lawns to earn money for manga and soccer equipment. He has shaggy, sandy blond hair and brown eyes, and is proud to be one of the "lookers" of the school. He usually is wearing jeans, sneakers, and a soccer jersey.
Personality:Despite the look of a jock, Toby is very much an otaku and somewhat of the class clown. He doesn't prank, but always loves to win the last laugh. He is warm, extroverted, friendly, and humorous.
Anime he/she likes:Samurai Champloo, Ghost in a Shell, Trigun, Big O, Rurouni Kenshin, etc
Extra:Besides a love for soccer, he is always seen heating up ramen with chocolate syrup.

Name: Liona Ticheli (Lio)
Physical Description: Short and slender, Lio is a remake of her Italian grandmother: olive skin, large dark eyes, and long curly black hair. 5'5". Lio is generally seen wearing skinny jeans and large men's shirts covered with paint and ink.
Personality: Lio is very outspoken and quick-tempered. Generally, she keeps quiet and busy, off in her work. But when engaged, she is very easy to talk with, good humored, and has a playful light sarcasm.
Anime he/she likes: Inuyasha, Fushigi Yugi, Vampire Knight, Cowboy Bebop, Maison Ikkoku, Android Kikaider, etc
Extra: An aspriring artist, she experiments with manga; always has Japanese pop/opera playing on her Ipod and is generally seen with a stick of pocky in her mouth like a cigarette.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Great, Soran! I think I'll submit this one tomorrow.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Tch. just realized that either she'll need an interpreter (she's deaf- and because she's never heard words, her ability to speak is limited) or someone who knows ASL to interpret her signs for the rest of the members. Or she can carry around a pad of paper to write in.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:39 pm

just sent this in this morning. We'll see what happens next.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Midori » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:48 am

Okay, here's your thread. Sorry about the delay.
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=1454838
Midori

Postby Atria35 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:27 pm

WE NEED NEW PLAYERS! Anyone interested?

My new character if this continues?
Name: Ryoji Nakamura

Physical Description: Tall (almost 6 feet) and skinny, with rather long black hair that he keeps in a ponytail and black eyes. .... Aw, to heck with it. Just search 'Kanda Yuu' from 'D. Gray-man'.

Personality: Friendly to everybody, though is rather quiet and doesn't actually have many close friends. Probably because he doesn't have the best grasp of English and worries about what others think about that. He's also into sports- he's in the fencing club.

Anime he/she likes: Action, mostly. Blood is no issue. Though he does have an appreciation for romances if they're epic (5 Cm Per Second and Princess Tutu are two of his favorites).

Because of the culture over in Japan surrounding anime, though, he's more into manga. Vagabond, Lone Wolf and Cub, and Berserk are among the ones he owns.

Extra: Doesn't know sign language. He moved to America 2 years ago from Japan. Has a thing for Shakespearian tragedies, and can be caught reading ones such as Titus Andronicus and King Lear at any time.
Atria35

Postby Vega » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:07 pm

This is very cool! Can I still join?
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby Atria35 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Yes! Please! Pleeeease!~
Atria35

Postby Vega » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:08 am

Great, ill post my character soon.
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Vega

Postby Vega » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Name: Megan Garland
Physical Description:Shes 5'3'' Has black hair and is very pale. She dresses in dark colors. She always wears her skinny jeans and a tee of one of her favorite bands.
Personality:Megan is one of the most hardcore girls you'll ever meet. Shes all about Metal. She can be rather blunt at time and usually doesnt care about others feelings which results in her having a hard time making friends.
Anime he/she likes:Her favorite anime is Death Note. Some of her other favorites are Bleach,Vampire Knight, and Full Metal Alchemist.
Extra: Right before transferring to her new school she was kicked out of her former anime club after gettingb in a fight with the former president so now shes determined to learn how to manage here anger issues.

Soon Ill introduce her older brother also transferring to this school.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vega

Postby Magicman7200 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Name: Jerome lai
physical description: muscular but kind a short like 5'7" he is chinese of course
personality: Loves baseball and heavy metal screamo christian music. quiet when he is in a new place but is very outgoing.
Anime: likes slice-of-life anime and sport anime.
Extra: he can do screamo style music and play the violin
Magicman7200

Postby Atria35 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:47 pm

YAY! Two new players! ROCKY! Where are you?! Approve them!
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Atria, please refer to my pM. Characters are approved. We will probably start on easter. It will be summer in RP time though.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Shilohan ninja » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Name: Gadaric Cyrus MacArthur
Physical Description: 6'3" and muscular, not real bulky per se but very, veerrry fit, though one would never know it unless they took phys ed with him; usually wears dark baggy gothic attire with chains and spikes and the whole bit, usually accompanied be a characteristic black trench coat and a spiffy choker brandishing a celtic knot in the middle; unlike most goth-looking people, Gadaric isn't pasty white (though he is abviously caucasian to everyone around him) and sports a full-blown beard-n-'stach that would give Grizzly Adams a run for his money, has shoulder-length wavy brown hair (usually worn back in a pony tail if not in corn rows, which is not uncommon for Gadaric
Personality: Usually very quiet, almost never talks at all in public, mainly because of his troubled home life, likes to listen to most genres of metal and techno music especially foreign stuff from Europe and Asia, tends to sit alone yet still manages to draw attention to himself through his appearance (he finds this to be slightly annoying, yet mildly amusing as well as he enjoys people-watching as his main hobby of choice, aside from music that is), beneath his dark, tough-looking facade lies a caring and loyal teddy bear that will willingly be a shoulder to cry on for anyone that needs it
Anime he/she likes: Trigun, Bleach, Mobile Suit Gundam: OO, Monster, Death Note, etc.
(likes action/adventure and mech/sci/fi alongside murder mystery and psychological thrillers)
Extra: currently lives with a friend in a small studio flat, though due to the difference in their schedules they hardly see each other much
Gadaric moved away from home because of his relationship with his father; lets just say they don't exactly see the words "friendly" and "rough-housing" as being in the same sentence, his father has tried to kill him on several occasions; he doesn't like to talk about why
in addition to moving out of the house, Gadaric has also been taking several martial arts classes at a local dojo and already knows more than any one person should about how to kill or incapacitate someone in two seconds flat, though he prefers not to make a big deal about it or put it to the test if at all possible to avoid a fight, though he will not hesitate to intervene if someone near him is being bullied/harassed or abused in any way
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying