Of Nations and States: Reborn

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Of Nations and States: Reborn

Postby goldenspines » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:49 pm

GM is Peanut.

Have fun and play safe!
goldenspines

Postby Peanut » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:56 pm

*Across the shattered world, change had begun. The once barren land was beginning to produce new fruits and from a world filled with chaos, order began to appear. Tribes, once fiercely independent, now joined under a common flag and remnants of old nations finally began to reassert themselves into the world. As the planet known once as Earth made new bold steps towards returning to its former self, civilization followed and began its journey back to its former greatness.*

*In Europe, the last bastion of culture set its eyes out into the world once again.*

*In Latin America, a powerful empire found its beginnings at the hands of great warriors.*

*In Africa, a mishmash of races looked to establish itself as a major, world player.*

*In Asia, a group of cat people pushed away their human counterparts and prepared to flex their intellectual might.*

*All of these nations began their long trek towards greatness, unaware at first of their counterparts existence. However, as they prepared to move out into the world, this was bound to change in the blink of an eye. All of these nations were also unaware of strangers, who had kept their ever watchful eyes upon them. In the shadows, they had observed them and waited patiently for this day to come. And now that it was here, they could not wait to see what was in store for all of them.*

(GM: Some notes and reminders for everyone.

1. Very soon, you will be getting two PMs, one with your starting scores and another involving something that will be very useful to you. Read them. The Military and Economic Scores are taken from 12 sided dice rolls and the growth scores are taken from 4 sided dice rolls. So that should give you an idea about your overall strength.

2. Tech reports have to go to Pascal first. Remember that.

3. Unless you are planning a secret invasion, post any military action you wish to take in this thread. Do it in character so it will be more interesting or just describe it like you are watching the battle take place.

4. Every turn, including the first one, will end on Saturday. However, I won't post or send any updates until Monday as a sort of grace period.

5. Your first tech report will also go into effect before the first turn. So, anything you get approved that goes towards your tech slots, will be ready by the end of this turn. Think of it as a Christmas gift from your GM ;)

Have fun everyone!)
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:27 am

*Near the borders of Zonguldak 'the middle east. An armored van with a massive and well organized infantry behind it would be found. Charles and Baptista were holding a conference with their military board of staff. Although the general plan had been mapped out ages ago, the final plan was now in the priority delegation squad.*

Vicelin: We strike at the key control points first. Once they have fallen, we roll over with our main army. Whatever resistance, be it that of beast or man should fall at this point unless our calculations are faulty, and even then, a tactical retreat would be viable.

Baptista smiled as he held his cross/cane hybrid. " A surgical strike in this region has only really succeeded twice. Once by the sword, once by diplomacy. Are you certain the human population will follow us"?

Charles laughed. "Once we have Medina in our striking range they will have no option but to follow us, if not, they will know the inevitable consequences of their resistance. Before this occurs we pose a temporary blockade on the Suez channel while grabbing a stranglehold on anything east of the suez channel. The only way to get food will be through our military service and the conditional requirements they impose. Their defenses will surrender, or they will all starve and they will not survive long against the onslaught of the remaining chaos units. However, the citizens should know by now that I got a reputation against these beasts. And the Nox Chaotica will be the key to our accusation of Jerusalem, but also the vital strongholds that are Damascus, Medina, Mecca, Baghdad and Mercin. Whatever naval additions that will be added will have to come from the adaptable employments stationed in Cyrus. The men are trained, and I trust delegation into tactical units under our army principle staff will be sufficient from having me do all the work."

Baptista chuckled with a rather grim tone. " Today may the will of our lord be done to the fullest extent. I have waited all my life for this moment, and I've never prepared anything more through. I will however need a minimum number for the persuasive bit, I intend to get all the problems it may bring in this particular hotspot sorted in a week.

Charles sighted. "10000, and not a soul more."

Baptista looked amused. " Come now Charles, I may work for the one that can create miracles, but it's hardly fair to expect me to be able to replicate his feats."

Charles looked more frustrated as he said. " 12500, public if you will. Get it sorted out and get it sorted out quickly, I do not wish to see raids upon my logistical lines every two minutes. Until this, we are to assume that all men and creatures in this region to be evil, and opposed to our rightful conquest until proven worthy and loyal subjects. As far as any opposition goes, starve them out. They tend to be less volatile this way. We cannot afford anything other than a single, major court, and for everything else, there is the barrel of the gun should it be required".

Baptista nodded. " A fine choice indeed Emperor, yet, I would not worry, although I will not be able to ensure miracles to take place, I will be able to ensure that all men and creatures know that you are their only hope for survival, and that they will have no choice, but to subjugate themselves to your righteous rule for the survival of themselves and everyone they know. And, of course, for those selected few......."

Charles nodded. " Feel no restraint for them, for it must be done. Only through this can we ensure that if not the taste for survival is strong enough, then at least their fear of the consequences of anything, but a perfect loyalty will be. The enemy we face requires us to be at the very least as united as it. I shall let no other foolish emperor, king, prince, president or despot see the world fall apart as apathetic as our last one, may God have mercy on his soul."

Baptista chuckled at this sound. " If you say so your holyness, but, today is a day of rejoice. Our soldiers hearts are burning with the passion of conquest! Today, we unite all tribes under this region and many beyound. Our chants echos throughout all of Europe, and, with our conquest secured. the rest is bound to follow suit. If not by the cross. then certainly by the sword! Behind you lies the 12 peers, the nine worthies and all the modern knights and our new and improved infantry. These men will fight even after their own bodies are dead. Indeed, the Nox Chaotica is filled with a strange rage growing ever stronger the closer the enemy arrives. The blood of chaos shall rain over us all! The inquisition will take care of everything that is of the aftermath, but the blood of our enemies will be as a sea"!

Baptista chuckled as he stood up. " Consider me to be Moses then, I shall part the sea of our enemies and our future subjects, and they shall clash, engulfing all that oppose us! The heaven shines brightly over our glorious reconquest! By his will we shall triumph! Our army divisions stand ready to ensure that our conquest bears weight. They all await your command, and your grand army shall storm our key locations and the control of this massive region will be in your hands! Give us the order......."

Charles paused for a moment, then grabbed then gave a short nod to Baptista, who went on to conduct an extensive sermon that brought fire into the hearts of the divisions. A conquest was soon to follow. The eyes of the Nox chaotica were gleaming red, and the first strike, being the most brutal, brought legends of an entire region laid to waste by a unknown rage.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Peanut » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:32 pm

*Black Market Happenings*

*With its introduction to the world leaders, the Black Market quickly produced a list of its wares and prices for all of the leaders benefit. Perseus also informed the leaders of the bandit raids and mercenaries that could also be contracted through his little business endeavor. For a price, the leaders could hire Bandits to raid a specific territory, causing damage to that regions economy. What is taken from the raid then goes to the player who purchased it, giving them an instant boost to their economy. Mercenaries can be hired to give a boost to their military whenever they get in a pinch. All of this, was now at the leaders disposal, to make their plans come to life.*

(GM: I've created a separate thread for the Black Market so all of the information you need to know about it is available to you at all time. You can find it, along with the original map, here:

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=1446492#post1446492

A quick reminder on this Christmas Day...eve. The first turn ends today, so if you are planning on making any investments or attack any regions, be sure to either post about it in this thread, or mention it too me. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!)

Peanut

Postby Althaia » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:24 pm

A warm balmy breeze swept in and around a temple like structure in the middle of the capital. A tall feminine figure is seen walking through the main hallway to what seems to be a backroom and looks about before opening and shutting the door quickly the woman leans against the door sighing. "Peace at last when have I ever seen or heard such quiet. Then again it was like this before he was killed..perhaps it be best to plan for the coming days?" she said walking to a desk and began writing down some options for her next plan of action.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color=cyan]† [size=84]smile Jesus loves you[/SIZE][/color]

procastinators unite.......................tommorrow

[color=palegreen]So in times when all your hope is gone
And you go through life afraid
In your heart there lies a hopeful song
That is there to guide the way
And all the hurt and all the pain
You soon will learn was not in vain
For all your prayers, they will be heard
They'll come to pass through faith [/color]

[color=palegreen]~When you Believe from Prince of Egypt

[/color]
Althaia

Postby USSRGirl » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:31 pm

*from the top floor office Constantine looks out over Chimrajh and smiles faintly before returning to his work. He pens a letter to the New Roman Empire, hoping his pleas for an alliance there will be well received. The chimera leaps from his chair and paces out of the room, having another contact he was hoping to approach. He decided to spend his lunch break walking down dark alleyways... that always seemed to be the best place to chance bump into certain persons.*
USSRGirl

Postby Althaia » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:36 pm

She pulls out paper and pen and begins scrawling two letter addressed to two people and she sends for one of her subordinates and demands he get these to the people in a timely fashion lest he be severely punished. He scurries out the door and runs towards the direction of the people the letters are intended to. She leans back in her chair and turns looking out the window at the scenery of the bustling city below.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/color]
Althaia

Postby goldenspines » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:27 pm

On the edge of a desert in Asia, the capital city of The Nation of Ark, Fuchoso sat on a series of hills. It resembled a forest since all the buildings were shaped like large and odd looking trees. The largest "tree" sat in the middle of the city, overlooking the rest of the city and the vast desert beyond. In one of the topmost floors of this building, Acela sat in her small, but cozy and sunny office. She had no desk, just a cushy stool (which she was perched comfortably on, reading various papers) and piles of papers stacked around her. She was facing towards the window as she read.
There was a soft knock on her door.
"Come in." Acela didn't look up from her papers.
"Please excuse me, my Lady Ace, b-b-but this letter just came for you. The messenger from the m-m-military said it was of the utmost imp-p-portance." the young Nekojin female was always stuttering. But she was a good assistant otherwise.
Acela slowly climbed off her comfy seat and took the letter her assistant was holding. After looking the outside of it over a few times, she waved her hand, dismissing the poor stuttering Nekojin.
Acela grinned. A letter from the head General of The Nation of Ark's military. What could he possibly have to tell her that's so important?
goldenspines

My Sweet Shattered Dreams

Postby Dante » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:52 pm

((OOC))

Triumvir Alexander Gildas was a rather calm-spirited Oniru, not apt for foolish jumpiness, especially in terms of business. At a ripe age of 114, his wisdom adorned his walls with endless rows of tomes on economics and mythology (some written by him), a marvel only matched by his vaults of gil hidden beneath his country Château where he resided for the evenings. Within these cold halls, he could often be found tending to his stock portfolios and managing the nations economy like a pianist "tickles the ivory". A view from his room granted a sigh of pleasure at the dense courtyard garden, whose trees chattered in the wind and whose fonts babbled in an eternal social of nature. And on this early morning, as the sun rays circled the heavens with golden light, the land cradled his sleep with sweet dreams of endless cash-flows and social balls with pretty young Oniru ladies - their plump young faces adorned with soft fresh youthful fur spring coats.

It was thus a deep offense of the first rate, when he was rudely awakened to a Hume standing in his doorway dressed like one of their species' "Maufia Hitmen"*. Terrified as though he'd just fallen from the sweet soft arms of his Oniru girlfriend into the grips of a horrible night-terror, he shrieked - pleading for the aid of his armed private guard. But their entry into the room simply exchanged terror for annoyance - as they confessed letting this "intruder" onto the Château grounds, and even to the private confines of his bed-chamber. It was apparent that their competence as guards was question to be certain, but running away wasn't an option. Thus, he'd have to see just what this unsavory character wanted. Thus he was relieved when his guest decided to speak up first,

[color="LightBlue"]" I am sorry to disturb you however I have something that may interest you. But before that, allow me to introduce myself."[/color] He said, before handing the static-fur ball in charge of the ZODEAC a business card,

[font="Georgia"]PERSEUS[/font]
__
[color="SlateGray"]Black Market Salesman[/color]

Alexander put the card on the side and leaned forward to listen to what this panderer had to sell. Even though such aspects were typically outside of his interest, he figured that if this fellow had managed to get into his personal bed quarters to pitch him a sale, he might just be a capable salesman representing a business that had a high probability of a good return - after all, much of business is simply a matter of getting your foot in the door of opportunity before it closes on your face.

[color="LightBlue"]"The name is Perseus. You could call me a business man but I prefer facilitator. You pay me some cash and I provide goods and services that allow your nation to flourish and other nations to falter."[/color] He motioned with his hands, [color="LightBlue"]" So, I've come to you today with an offer of my services throughout all of your endeavors unless, of course, you put me out of business. But enough about that, I can see that you need a demonstration that my wares are good. So, I'm going to offer you one item from my wonderful store, completely free of charge. Here's what you have to select from."[/color]

"Perseus" finished as he handed Alexander a set of descriptions for various military units. It brought a smile to the old Oniru's face, the Hume lad was apparently bright as well as pushy, as he had chosen names for his wares based on the ancient weapons of lore. The ever-potent "Hybrid Tank", the infamous "Wave" of the Invisible Hand Cabal and the "Ragnarok R-3" developed by the famous artisans after whom the present ZODEAC Ragnarok Heavy Industries was named. He'd of given him a nice pinch of private coin just for effort, but sadness soon fell across his face as he looked over the prices.

[color="LightBlue"]"Well, I am certain that you are an excellent salesman, getting into my residence like you have. But, I am afraid that these prices are a bit... overoptimistic. It would require practically all of our current GDP in taxes to purchase a single one of these units. Even if you had an original item of myth, that would be a bit high priced don't you think? Our boy, Dr. Cipher Bladeborne, he runs up the company Ragnarok Heavy Industries, named after the mythical weapon created by the Tensor-Forge of days of olde. If you could put them to some competition, that would be nice. But at the moment I'm afraid you're a little out of our ball-park."[/color] The Oniru had gotten himself a small pipe and began to puff a few smoke circles into the air, using the fumes to calm his nerves. [color="LightBlue"]"But I'd like to see what happens with you. You seem to be quite a go-getter. And if you lower your prices a little and bring some good merchandise to the table, you'll do well in ZODEAC in whatever market you set up shop in. I really mean it. I like you lad - so if you don't mind I think I'll keep this here card. You can expect to hear from me in a few months, I'd like to see if you have any start up ideas - if you're as good as you were today, I might just throw a little gilder behind your work as an investment. Standard though, you only would have 3 years to make it back."[/color]

[color="LightBlue"]"Of course, if you were curious, I would love to have a Space Shuttle. Not too fancy a name, but it's the most expensive item on the list. Besides which, I don't know if you've read into it much, but it is described by the ancients to be powered by the water of the sea and could carry entire space stations into orbit. Now that would be a truly useful item! Don't you think? Imagine completely free space travel, it would be cheap enough for you and me to see this place! And if their rumored development of space were true (we're going off myth here), imagine the sheer available scrap available. The mythical "Temultanium" alone would be worth a fortune!"[/color]

Hopping out of bed, the Oniru then walked towards the bathroom. [color="LightBlue"]"Now, if you'll excuse me. Nature has an appointment with me every morning after I wake up and I have an immensely important day today. So I must be off. As I said, we'll be in touch, so keep up the good work. I can see you going places..."[/color] Then he turned back one last time, letting his ears twitch off some itch, [color="LightBlue"]"By the way. Nice choice in style."[/color] Then motioning to his apparently need-a-good-talking-to guards, he said [color="LightBlue"]"Would one of you kindly let him out for me? I would do so myself but..."[/color] He points one of his ears at the bathroom.

And then he entered into the bathroom to prepare for another day of Triumvirate Politika.

[SIZE="1"]*The Hume Mob within ZODEAC was brought to an end with the nationalization of the banks. Their racketeering actions and violent actions were generally agreed to restrict the freedoms of other members of society. The deal that went down is a secret that followed Oniru Triumvir Raldur, to his grave. But whatever it was, a new Mob has yet to arise.[/SIZE]
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:57 am

*The battlefield of Paris*

War had been raging over the wast regions of Europe. Charles Vicelin was standing near the triumphant arc surrounded by his 12 peers. His most elite soldiers from his most elite unit. Paris was suddenly in a state of confucion as there had been various factions which accepted the demand of Charles, and various factions which had vowed to fight him unto death. Charles was in the process of giving out encouraging words to his fellow soldiers while under direct threat of fire, yet, his army, which had gone from useless rabble into a well oiled machine in an extraordinarily short time had been utilizing all of their military training quite well. As the regions of dissent had finally been mapped. As a young military staff sergeant approached, saluted Charles and gave him the following news.

"Sir, without delay I must inform you that our tactics seem to bring good tidings too this battle. The middle east is standing no chance from the relentless attacks set into motion by Baptista. If our latest update is correct, all the regions are already subjugated and Baptista is apparently in Jerusalem right now".

Charles looked disturbed by the news. " I specifically told him to not enter that city alone.... I think I know why he is there. May God have mercy on their souls."

The military officer saluted once again and then said. " Also, I have gotten this letter from Constantine, no, not our capital, but the faction leader to the east."

Charles took the letter out of the hands of the officer and opened it. Taking a short moment to read even though gunfire was apparent in the region. He smiled as he handed it back.

"Your priority has been altered officer. You are to send our most prestigious diplomats to secure and finalize the arrangements. We shall offer a joint military parade in the short term future. However, as you can see at present, I am rather occupied. The reconquest is going largely as planned, but we are currently looking at a fractured state of affairs. Which means, order has to be restored. Much of the population has already seen me as a Napoleonic figure whereas the other factions, including that of some military officers I used to know working for the past emperor are rather preoccupied in trying to destroy me at present".

'A bullet was fired from a long distance towards Charles. Yet, one of the 12 peers. A heavily armored knight with a massive chain sword noticed this. He jumped high into the air, doing a very acrobatic flip and cut the bullet into two pieces. Taking the liberty of holding a pose at the end, but Charles had a different mindset as he made clear quite loudly.'

"Get back into formation boy! Honors are given after the battle, not before, and we cannot afford any tardiness on these operations! We are sending in our main squadron of soldiers, the dissidents houses will be gassed with a non lethal substance and every unit there, aside from our informants will be arrested on the spot. Mercy shall come after the battle, not before. Those that have actively been going against my right shall regret it, of that, I can give you my promise".

*Upon saying these words, a lot of HRE Hoppers were launched into the air as they seemed to utilize their rail guns to fire gas introducing projectiles into a series of buildings. Needless to say the streets became rather crowded shortly after, and all the main hospitals were already sized. It looked likely that most dissidents would be captured rather than killed, but, many would have good reason to fear one as much as the other.*

Charles was muttering a little part of the old French national anthem as he watched some of the following chaos being brought to order quite effectively.

"Entendez-vous dans les campagnes
Mugir ces féroces soldats ?
Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras...............
"

Jingo Jaden

Postby goldenspines » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:49 am

After reading the letter over a few times, Acela carefully folded it and pulled out a new piece of paper and simply wrote the words, "Go ahead. Make all the arrangements necessary. - Acela Mar".
Acela called for her assistant and handed her the letter. "Send this to General Flyn straight-away and make it quick."
"Yes, Lady Ace." the assistant scurried out of the room.

When she was left alone in her office again, Acela picked up a new pile of papers and started reading them.
goldenspines

Arrival Quest I

Postby Dante » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:30 pm

From the Suez Channel, during the night of an extraordinary military campaign which took the majority of the middle east in one swoop, yet left North Africa pretty much untouched. However, all over the ZODEAC military scouting transmissions could be picked up, although it was clear that the sphere of war was occurring on the east across the suez channel. However, from a rather small, yet finely tuned boat a diplomat had apparently entered the ZODEAC.

_______

The deserts of Eritrea near Massawa greeted the diplomat with little fanfare. Local Vesari played along the wooden docks, pushing one another into the the Red Sea in the spirit of jestful sport, the cool waters providing a welcome relief from their work. Most ran by the decorated figure without paying much heed; pursuing the wet paw-prints of their fair-game. Some of the older Vesari tuned their ears on the foreign emissary, their eyes filled with curiosity. As the day was well worn, fishing for fish had come to bore these silver-haired figures and so they were drawn to fish for a story from this new face in town.

Language barriers were less a problem then one might imagine. Rumors of the NHRE had already reached the northern shores of ZODEAC as travelers, traders and fishermen of the north sea came back with tall tales of a new civilization in the north. And the exchange of information in the region over years made discussion in the local dialect quite possible - with a few minor variations in tongue. No doubt, similar tales from adventurous Vesari that set sale north had led to any number of odd tall tales of ZODEAC.

So, after some short chatter, it seemed as though the big ears of the Vesari townsfolk had all tuned into the small conversation of a few fishermen and one cross adorned diplomat. Soon he had a small congregation of curious big ears encircling him, including three dripping wet Vesari who faces would appear rather familiar. Trying to discern any language in the chatter was like trying to make out words from the whisper of the pines. But one particularly well dressed Vesari moved to the front. [color="LightBlue"]"You've come from the Neo Empire of Holy Rome? It's a pleasure to meet you,"[/color] He finished, letting his eyes close and lowering his ears for a moment as to make a bow, his tail waving with excitement, [color="LightBlue"]"But if I may ask what brings you to such a small fishing village? It's a curious thing really, as those who fish the north banks near dusk and dawn report a strange flashes of light, like heat lightning along the horizon and the creatures that inhabit the region have been seen fleeing into ZODIAC unlike any time described before. Some have spoken that it is an omen, but the chatter I'm hearing suggests that evil-war has come."[/color]

Discussion ensued. Whether it was war or not, seemed lost in translation, as the Vesari have no pleasant words to attribute to conquest in rural ZODEAC - so their ears are deaf to this kind of discussion. But that this traveler seemed wayward from his pilgrimage seemed apparent to his furry gazers.

So, with an outstretched hand, one of the other Vesari gestured to the northwest. [color="LightBlue"]"We have a small aero-docking station about 10 kilometers to the north-west. We can communicate via the town wireless com-room that you're on the way. It's a bit of a walk, but we can lead you there and bring water. But to speak with a representive, you'd need to go someplace a bit bigger, most likely Asmera."[/color] he said while pointing east, [color="LightBlue"]"But that's a trek of 70 kilometers, through towering mountains. Most of us cannot afford to pay for a transport to Asmera unless it's an emergency, but they would probably send a transport out for someone of such importance as yourself. If someone there can't help you, then you can at least attempt to ask for a flight to Edean. But that's nearly a 1000 kilos south of here. Not a cheap flight, but if you provide proof of your claims, then I'm sure someone in government could make arrangements, as I doubt much ZODEAC gil has made it's way north.
[/color]
Chatter with the locals would prove friendly and the Vesari's curiosity overcame any negative inclinations this culture-shocked traveler might have absentmindedly stepped on. Eventually though, the time came to leave. So he waved back to the crowd that followed him to the edge of the village as they returned the gesture, his short statured guide by his side, he was led north by west. There, among the ancient desert, lay a dusty flat with a small jimmy rigged propeller craft, the setting sun was casting shadows that would soon make travel by such an old craft too perilous too attempt. From within a small structure, another Vesari emerged, with an air of excitement, his ears pointing straight upright.

[color="LightBlue"]"Is this the fellow who claims origin from the Empire?"[/color] The uppity Vesari began.

[color="LightBlue"]"Indeed he is. Caused quite a stir, y'shoulda been in town earlier, but I'm sure you'll hear all about it tonight."[/color]

[color="LightBlue"]"Well then, can't wait too much longer. The light is drawing to a close. I was told to bring you, to Asmera."[/color] he said gesturing to the diplomat, [color="LightBlue"]"As you can see, night is falling and the world is about to go to sleep. Not that Asmera ever sleeps. But I'd rather get to the highlands before the sunset. They seem rather eager to meet with you, so if you can provide some proof there of who you say you are, they'll give me some good gil for our trip and they'll provide you with a ticket for Edean, supposedly to meet with the Triumvirate."[/color]

[color="LightBlue"]"You have to be kidding with me Taipa! They must be joking. They're not going to let him see the Triumvirate!"[/color] The other Vesari interrupted, to which Taipa shrugged shoulders.

[color="LightBlue"]"Well if they're telling the truth, that old Oniru in Asmera will be doubly wrath if we stand her up and I don't have the daylight to spare another radio in. Shame too that they'll be sending you off, I'm sure we could have enjoyed a few drinks, even if the raves might be a bit of a culture shock. Anyways. Come on, get on board!"[/color]

The rugged little old aircraft was much like it's 60 year old Hume passenger. Overloaded and well worn with years, but still worked in performing miracles of flight (it still flew). It had been passed down several generations of Vesari, before the mysteries of it's workings had even been well known. But with it's young pilot, Taipa, it had also regained a new breath of life. The calm weather near Asmera made for remarkably smooth flying once the highlands were reached. From these dizzying heights, the mountains below were as ripples on the surface of a blanket. Yet soon, something new would come to view below the air-craft.

[color="LightBlue"]"Please fasten your imaginary seatbelts and hold the wings down, we've not died yet and that's too pretty a sight to die to."[/color] Taipa jested as he skillfully brought the aircraft out of a bank and bringing the glistening city of Asmera into view, it's endless biways apearing as an etching gilded brilliant blue white light.

As the aircraft grew closer to the earth, Vesari onlookers wandering the roofs glanced up at the old flying rig with awe that such a relic could ever prove it's air-worth. [color="LightBlue"]"Laugh all you want!"[/color] Taipa yelled at his fictionally listening audience, [color="LightBlue"]"But the sky-cocktrice shall outlive us all! WOOHOOO :lol:![/color]

In an instant, the aircraft let loose of the sky and plummeted to just above street-level where the world spun before gaining altitude :dizzy:. It took Taipa's passenger a moment to regain his composure and realize that his pilot had just performed a barrel-roll about twenty feet above the roof-tops. Taipa, lifted his goggles from his eyes and set them back down just below his ears, [color="LightBlue"]"Sorry, I didn't think to think that might spook you. But this old featherless bird will take a little more then that to die on me. Besides which, it provided a your diplom-... your diplomacy with a more worthy welcome from my Vesari friends."[/color] If he were to glance back, the once laughing and gawking Vesari below were now cheering them on - visibly bringing a smile of deep pride to Taipa's face.
Dante

Arrival Quest I

Postby Dante » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:37 pm

After a markedly more calm landing, the older gentleman was let out and brought to a door where he was told someone would come for him soon. Taipa himself left for the city, generally to enjoy a night filled with fun and new friends. Around the diplomat, were species of all sorts in a city glowing bright with nightlife, shadows scurrying along the roofs with the fire-blue lighting reflecting off their cat-like eyes and young plump Oniru scurrying along, one group of young ladies pointing and staring at the diplomat, meanwhile a dangerous looking gang of Urnak eyed him suspiciously. His head felt as though he was going to be dizzy from the sights and sounds bombarding him, a far-cry from the quaint fishing village.

With such an overwhelming menagerie of senses bombarding him, it was thus little surprise that he missed the door opening and the quiet voice of a polite Oniru greeting him. [color="LightBlue"]"Hello, excuse me. Down here."[/color] The Oniru repeated, looking up from underneath her long bunny-like ears. [color="LightBlue"]"I am Governess Adalina, it is a pleasure to meet you."[/color] The Oniru, waddled back into the room her fur soft but oddly artificial in nature. [color="LightBlue"]"I've been around for 158 years, but I haven't heard half the stir we've had lately."[/color] She looked back up at the diplomat as though he knew exactly what she was referring to.

[color="LightBlue"]"Years without so much as a word and all of a sudden we're hearing of reports of war to our Northeast. Why, if word got out around here that you were laying waste to the north-east, it would cause a panic,"[/color] she made a face at this [color="LightBlue"]"You have no idea what that would do in making my job a living pain in the rump, never-mind what you'd be doing with my retirement funds I'm just about to collect on. But there is no reason to play dumb, our radio stations, let alone our military radio towers have been picking up chatter of war in Arabia for days and our traders in the region have only brought back tales of one major growing nation. The Neo Empire of Holy Rome, or something like that - in that getup, I personally don't doubt your origins, but prudence and the government down south would like some kind of verification, so if you would be so kind. Might I possibly ask to see proof of what you claim? And for that matter, what brings you to our stretch of north Aphrike?"[/color]
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:48 pm

The diplomat, rather stunned to say the least had not expected anything of this magnitude. He was not quite sure if not to fear for his life the poor old man. He quickly, and rather clumsily reached his shaking hands towards his bible, opened it and tried desperately to find a passage, but was unable and promptly closed the bible before his shaking fingers would tear anything apart. He held it firmly under his shoulder, one of the few places not shaking, and decided to take a polite bow. He then said.

"G.. Greetings. I am a most humble diplomat from his new grace Charles Vicelin. Unifier of mankind, g.. great emperor claiming his God-given birthright.. Ummm.. He, he told me to expect other creatures than men, but, I. I frankly had no idea! I have been studying creatures for all my life, I've even crossed various regions in Africa! But, but never have I seen anything remotely close to this. I, I must admit I was taken rather by surprise, it is odd that I do not fear death itself... So to speak, but, I guess thinking of it has made it somewhat familiar and thus, not unknown.."

*He reached into his pocket and grabbed a napkin. Carefully wiping off the sweat before saying the following in a much more controlled tone.*

" My deepest apologies Adalina, and I thank you for your hospitality. I understand that matters of diplomacy can be rather.... unexpected and surprising at times. I shall indeed answer all of your questions to the best of my limited ability. I... I do not know, I do not rightly know where to start. I, I was instructed to give any faction of particular value this object."

The diplomat reached into his carrier bag and pulled out what seemed to be a beautifully crafted cross. If the symbolism was not enough, then the materialism would certainly extend a point of true and cost worthy courtesy. After placing it nearby, he tried his best to explain.

" Ummm.... This is what we would call a holy cross. It is a gift from Vicelin himself. Ermm... It's kind of hard to explain, it relates to a tradition long gone. Ermm... you can have too. *He placed his own bible next to the cross* That may help explain things, on a purely symbolic level of course".

He had a rather pathetic smile, a sort of 10% genuine joy, 90% being worried that his own performance would not impress Adalina. He then held out what seemed to be a small square which expanded behind him. It showed a screen which showed an old man, sitting on a red throne with a dark background. It cloaked most of him as he was wearing a dark robe with dark-red stripes. What most visible was his skin, his eyes and his jewelry. He had a cross rather similar to that which was recently given away next to his desk made out of fine oak. He was smiling, although, there was something quite ominous to be noted just by looking at his rather twisted smile. The diplomat bowed down to Adalina in courtesy and said the following.

"Your kindness, this is the Emperor's main adviser and grand inquisitor of the New Holy Roman Empire. Adelais Baptista"!

Baptista chuckled and looked more directly into the camera. " Now, now, my old friend and dear servant. You need not be so formal. In nature, I am quite the humble man all things considered. I also bring glorious news to you. From this moment on, there is no conflicts in this sphere. There shall be a peace like one never before enjoyed in this particular conflicted region upon our dear map. There is no need to worry, not even a slight bit, for if you had any enemies in this regions, I can assure you now, they will only be friendly. I take it that the activities west of the Suez channel is that of your nation? My apologies, in truth much of the survaliance once present in the remains of the past infrastructure has been... well... ruined. As most of us and any races in this region was killed by Chaos. I am humbled to have served with Charles against the agents of said abomination and well, the victor claim the spoils, which happened to be a fragmented Europe, and indeed, much beyond. Behold, for we are building a new Jerusalem. A new age for man and all his new friends! The 12 gates here are open to anyone with intentions to prosper for themselves, or indeed, if their souls be charitable enough, make other prosper as well. You shall find, kind Adalina, that they will always be open for you".

He took his sweet time standing up, it was clear his body was quite frail, yet, he smiled, and chuckled at his struggle and said. " In layman terms, the middle east has been annexed, conquered, liberated or however you want to put it into the hands of the New Holy Roman Empire. It's citizens subjugated, although, if it displeases you we shall escort any of your own out provided they have a claim of citizenship. The region as far as demolish is concerned had quite the cultural makeover and much beings of chaos in the region have been liquidated for good measure. It is interesting to see your sphere of influence range so far across from where our sensors detect your capital to be. I am surprised of your logistical strength and technological advancement. It really is quite marvelous.... Yet, I am a man of simple tastes. I see practicality above vision and determination above hope. I extend to you my friendship and gurantee if you dislike war so much that we shall never cross the west of the Suez river in anything, other than the objectives of friendship or trade, if you indeed, will promise not to extend your rather powerful sphere into Europe in anything, other than objectives of friendship and trade".

*Baptista slowly made his way towards the window and looked outside* " I intend to do great things for this region. To create the new start the world needs.... That, I wish to be my heritage, and you.... I wish to be my friend. We shall surely talk later".

*The square that held the screen quite promptly collapsed into a smaller form which the diplomat picked up. He then looked rather stressed at Adalina and brought forward another square which was in the process of being activated. In the mean time, he said the following.*

"Forgive my master, he is.... rather stretched these days. Wait until you see our emperor. He loves peace more than anything in the world. His vision is that of peace, love and good will towards everyone he finds. I know him in person, so I can guarantee this"!

*The screen had expanded and you could plainly see Emperor Vicelin, standing in the triumphant arc. Smoke and ruined buildings to his left, corpses and shells of artillery too the right. Fires in the background, fumes of gas oozing from some of the windows. Charles, not occupied by the square yet, was shouting directives to his junior officers."

" What are you thinking of?! You fool! If there is an uncharted region of loyalty. Bring in the big guns first and ask questions later! By any standards the safety of your squad comes over what can very well be considered collateral at the end of the day! Stand attention when I talk to you! Straighten your uniform! You look hardly a junior soldier worthy! Ready your squadron and blast away each brick you can find if there is any threat within a reasonable doubt in question! Also, for the love of God. Stand tall, be proud, when you carry this uniform, you carry us all! This means you walk like us, you talk like us and THINK like us! Be on your way."

Charles then turned towards the screen, only to see a rather shocked diplomat and Adalina who probably did not expect what she saw. He tipped his Napoleonic hat and said. " Bounjour Madame, you caught me red handed I assume. Indeed, peace these days is not a luxury easily obtained, especially when the last major chaos attack in Europe reduced the population with over 35%. A horrible business I can assure you, and if you had any connections with the Old Empire well, consider me an heir now that it is officially disintegrated as far as Earth is concerned. A horrible onslaught that day, and I had to rally the infrastructure from the old and inefficient into a more direct and less politically correct way to approach warfare with those creatures. It cost lives and many died as martyrs. It is up to me to see mankind assimilate a defense that will never, ever allow Chaos once more to destroy our nations, whatever the cost. We all hope for the best, but we will always be prepared for the worst. I assume you have already meet Baptista, that sneaky old man went under the radar against my order just recently, I shall have to deal with that later. Until then, it has been an honor to greet you from a fair distance and I one day hope to shake hands with you in person".

*The transmission ended right before you could hear Charles direct another officer of war. This left, the diplomat, who spoke early of peace with two rather poor examples to show for it. He could barely stand at this point, and proceeded to sit down directly on the floor.*

" I admit I must look the king of fools at this very moment, yet, I know that my intentions were that of peace. Charles is a great man, ambitious certainly, but he has been taken into a mist of chaos that no one could expect a human to return from. Not only has he returned and defeated his former foe, but now, he creates what may very well be the last bastion against this.... essence... this.... law of nature that conflicts us all to some degree. I've seen its terror, and I lost most of my family in what I then presumed to be our end. Thanks to Charles leadership those long months, we prevailed".

'He stood back up, rolled out a parchment he had and showed put his pen quite close to the paper which now lay in front of Adalina. " I am amiss with words, from all of this. Yet, you would do me... no, you would Charles himself a great favor by signing this contract of mutual peace and trade. Giving you and him full access through the Suez Channel, a direct trade between our cultures and if it be the will of God. Lasting Peace."

Jingo Jaden

Proposition Quest I

Postby Dante » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:56 pm

((OOC))

As one Oniru Triumvir Alexander Gildas passes by a typically dark, typically eerie alleyway, a hand reaches out - or is it a claw? - and taps him on the shoulder. A cloaked figure with three lumps standing out from the cowl gives a low [color="LightBlue"]"mufufufu"[/color] and coughs into its fist before speaking.

[color="LightBlue"]"I have traveled far to make your acquaintance. I hope you'll entertain my offer."[/color] "It" began before mumbling something else, what that something was Alexander couldn't quite tell. All he audibly make out above the sound of his own tension was, [color="LightBlue"]"Mufufufu. *coughs again* Non-refundable. No warranty. Mufu... fu..."[/color]

After already having his room barged into by some other dark mysterious figure soliciting him mythological weapons for chimerical prices, he was now being grabbed in dark and eerie alley-ways. A rather odd circumstance really. Being an Oniru, he could have sworn he always made sure to take the brightest, safest alley-ways in all of Edean. But he must have gotten lost somewhere along the way.

In any event, he let out an ear-shattering shriek before tossing a bag of coin directly into the face of his assailant to absolutely no effect. But his yelp caught the attention of two Urban Special Combat Officers. Nodding to each other, the Vesari officers pinpointed the sound with their large dexterous ears before taking flight over a few roof-tops and scurrying off the walls of the alleyway before landing in a breaking roll near the creature.

In the dark, it was difficult to make them out, but it appeared as though you could almost see the wall behind them. With a few seconds to regain their composure, their wide eyes readjusted to the lower light levels, their lenses flexing in confusion to what they saw in front of them.

[color="LightBlue"]"Woah there. Me and my bro were just having some fun running the roof-tops when we thought we heard someone scream. We just wanted to hop down and make sure both of you were alright. ^_^"[/color] Said the one as he looked curiously at this strange mass that was in front of him - he didn't get much of a chance to examine the situation though, before Alexander called for more assistance.

[color="LightBlue"]"Yes! Get him to unhand me! He grabbed me out of the blue! I'm the Triumvir you fools!"[/color] He said as the two Vesari gave each other worried looks and glanced at their weapons in concern - they cringed at the thought that they might be told to use them and the younger of the two surprised his elder friend when he tried to use other means to disarm the situation.

[color="LightBlue"]"Oh, I'm sure he just meant to greet you and congratulate you on your recent victory sir. These dark alleys seem far more frightening then they first appear. Isn't that right sir?"[/color] He said giving the hunched over figure a worried look as if to convey (come on, we'll get you out of this, just play along). [color="LightBlue"]"We'll make sure to give him a good talkin to for intruding on your morning walk over a cup of warm coffee. You should just get on your way to your very important day. There is an Oniru Commander just two blocks down who should be able to provide you with some help and an escort if you don't feel safe. So why not let us deal with this fellow - you've already got enough on your plate."[/color]
Dante

Postby goldenspines » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:26 pm

On the other side of the Gobi desert, near the border of the Nation of Ark, General Flyn Hei did not rest. The nation was at peace, but he had to make sure all his soldiers were in perfect fighting shape. Each week, he traveled to a different border outpost to give the soldiers there a heavy training to keep them fit for duty. Yet, Flyn still remained uneasy.
He would often here silly rumors amongst his fellow Nekojin soldiers at night, mostly smack talking about females back in their hometowns, but occasionally one soldier would bring up what news they had heard from beyond the boarders of the nation and even the continent. It was these conversations that Flyn always listened for. One conversation in particular piqued Flyn's interest one chilly night in the desert.

"...an army as far as the eye can see and as strong as an iron claw on their enemies. They've been making a big uproar near the Suez Canal and winning too." The Nekojin soldier's eyes sparkled as he spoke.
"You must be joking. No human army could be that strong, let alone have enough courage to venture out their front door without the cover of darkness. I think you're making this up." another Nekojin spat as he munched on a desert mouse.
"No, no, I heard it from a very reliable source. My cousin, you see, he was traveling near the Middle East just recently and he heard about The New Holy Roman Empire's army is attacking near the Suez canal. They say the ruler of the Nation is feared by all who meet him."
"Now you're being ridiculous. Humans are frightened little " the second Nekojin smacked the first on top of the head with his half eaten mouse and walked away.
Flyn took this as his chance, he strolled casually up to the lone soldier, looking distraught. "Tell me, soldier, where is this army of The New Holy Roman Empire now."
The soldier looked up at his commanding officer and suddenly straightened up.
"Spreading throughout Europe, sir! Last I heard, that is." the soldier became somewhat sheepish again.
"I see." Flyn stroked his whiskers, "Thank you for your help." he added to the soldier, then darted into his tent, where he pulled out a piece of paper and wrote to Lady Acela, the ruler of The Nation of Ark. His letter was fairly long, telling of military training results, but at the end he added the small amount of information about The New Holy Roman Empire. Despite being short on information, diplomatic relations would be advisable, with her permission, of course. The Nation of Ark cannot afford to be left in the dark of Asia for too long. He sealed the letter, then sent a messenger to the capital, Fuchoso.
Now, he had to wait, but he was willing to do so. He had not been this excited since his last battle.

--------------

The response from Lady Acela seemed to take forever, but it was worthy of the wait. Once General Flyn received the favorable response, he set to work and recruited two of his best officers to seek out the leader of The New Holy Roman Empire and secure diplomatic relations between countries.
The two officers (named Goe and Juui), fidgeted while they were given their orders and the freshly written letter by their almost gleeful General. His last words were, "Make sure to show them The Nation of Ark's politeness!"
The two set out for Europe the next morning (fyi: they took a jeep), though once they made the long journey across Asia, finding the elusive leader of TNHRE was proving to be a challenge. But, they could not give up just yet. Finally in Poland, they heard whispers of Charles Vicelin being in Paris, overseeing the attacks of his army.
The two Nekojin officers were almost as gleeful as their General as they set out for Paris.
When they reached the outskirts of the French city, they abandoned their jeep, for fear of attracting too much attention in a war zone. They had been only told a simply description of Charles Vicelin the first, but once they sneaked into Paris and came upon the Triumphal Arch, they knew their search was successful.
They took their chances by waving a white flag to the nearby human soldiers and when they were relieved not to be shot at, they requested an audience with Charles Vicelin and were granted it.

When the two Nekojin officers came before Charles Vicelin, they bowed to him.
"We come representing our Nation of Ark, our General and our great Lady Acela." They presented him with the letter, hand-written by their General.

The letter read the following:

To the esteemed Charles Vicelin the first, leader of the New Holy Roman Empire,

On behalf of the Nation of Ark and our great leader, Lady Acela, I request an alliance be formed between our two nations, both in military and in trade.

If you are ever under attack, we will come to your aid and I hope you would do the same for us. My sincere hope is that our nations will benefit and prosper from one another.

- General Flyn Hei, the Nation of Ark

Charles spent a moment to read. Then extended his arm to the side in which a letter was placed. He then wrote something on it and handed it back towards the nekojin officers. He then replied with the following.

" I have no problem with neither. Alliance and trade there shall be, yet, I must admit, I was taken rather by surprise by a few diplomats going into a war-zone. Do not worry however, your exit shall be less risky than your entrance. These.... dissidents. They are quite militant. You're lucky not to be thrown into a nano-grinder or caught in the confusion of war, yet, an heroic achievement anyhow. Convey my best wishes to your leader".

*They were escorted out of the war-zone. The letter included a formal invitation for many events to come in the safe haven known as Constantinople.*

The two Nekojin officers returned to their jeep after being safely escorted out of the war zone and began the long, but relief filled journey home to bring the good news.
goldenspines

Postby Peanut » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:22 pm

(GM: No this is not an update...sorry to get your hopes up. This is more of a last warning for the first turn. I've kind of given you all an extension since...well...only one of you has actually done anything besides creating tech. So, if you want to attack, invest or try to buy out an opposing territory, you have until tonight to do so. Yes, I'm adding the ability to buy out territories since I know some of you aren't going the overly militaristic route. I haven't officially written up the rules for this yet but this is what you are going to need to do if you want to try this:

1. Contact the region you wish to buy.

2. Negotiate a price with that region. Since you do not own that region, I will take control their reactions to whatever you are suggesting.

3. Once a price has been settled on, pay for it with an equivalent number of economic units.

Hopefully, this will stimulate some more activity for the start of this game. Hope you all had a great Christmas!)

Peanut

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:22 pm

(OOC: Pascal u might need to clean out ur PM box. My PM came back.)

*the cloaked figure blinks through its visible pair of orange eyes and slowly takes its claw off Alexander's shoulder, feeling the human had vastly confused his meaning and failed to understand anything he'd said.*

Cloaked figure [Constantine]: *coughs into fist* Coffee? Yessss... coffee would be nice. Always my favorite human drink. Don't mind me; I'm only a salesmen. Seems this fine gentlemen could use something to relax his nerves. Ah well, perhaps I'll have more luck with your all. Mufufufu. *the chimera throws back his hood and follows the two brothers away*
USSRGirl

Postby Peanut » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:26 pm

*Battle Report*

*NHRE*

*The New Holy Roman Empires' campaigns were not just successful, they were considered military miracles that displayed the brilliance and might of the nation that ran them. Already, they were being studied in the newly formed military academy for their tactical prowess, and use of organized attacks combined with technology and various forms of deception to bring each region to its knees.*

*The campaign in the Middle East was an absolute slaughter. With the appearance of Nox Chaotica on the battle field, the would be defenders found their sanity slipping away. Before any shots were fired by the NHRE soldiers, the Middle Eastern Defense Force had already killed each other or had had their brains fried by the powers of Nox Chaotica. All that was left for the soldiers was the boring task of cleaning up the mess and making sure that there weren't too many casualties from Nox Chaotica's powers or an accidental beast raid. The attack was a complete victory for the New Holy Roman Empire but it was not their greatest victory during this expansionary move. Baptista was hailed a hero and would be greeted by parades and praise when he returned home.*

*In Western Europe, Charles Vicelin saved his most brilliant plan for this area. He blanketed the area with fliers and radio broadcasts that claimed his invasion was meant to purge the beasts from that area along with their summoners, the Corrupted! He promised protection from these terrifying monsters for any who pledged their loyalty to him. All but a few factions joined him and those that resisted were "accidentally" crushed during the purging of the Corrupted. The mass genocide they brought to that area was terrible for that small population which was, for the most part, wiped out. But the best part about this move was how it instantly produced loyalty amongst those that had just been conquered. The genocide had made the people feel better and convinced them that Charles really was their savior. Any thoughts of rebellion were instantly crushed and Charles was said to have a 96% approval rating within that territory. In fact, T-shirts with his face on them could be seen sold at every corner shop throughout the region.*

*Casualties in both of these campaigns were so minute, that they were negligible. Even the Mercenaries, hired as cannon fodder, were astonished by how well these campaigns had gone. The paycheck they received wasn't just good, the fact that none of them had been killed amazed them. Beyond that, they had forged great friendships with the NHRE military. There jobs done, they thanked there fellow warriors and let Emperor Charles know that if he ever needed extra soldiers again, they would love to join him on whatever campaign he had planned.*

*ZODEAC*

*While the NHRE was victorious militarily, the ones who profited were the ZODEAC. Their clever investments had not only strengthened the NHRE's economy, but had brought a hefty profit from this new military conquest. As 40% share holders, they now had a major foothold in a booming economy. Added to this was their new space program that now, thanks to the acquisition of a space shuttle, could travel to the moon. However, their current resources and lack of other space shuttle's, lunar lander's or technology for moon bases made it impossible for them to gain a foothold on that hostile environment. However, with time, these bold steps could push them into the stars before anyone else, opening new locations for them to expand to.*

*The Rozinhelm Empire*

*The Rozinhelm Empire also made major territorial gains by expanding into what was South America. It's technological and military might allowed a hasty naval and land invasion to shatter the Brazilian and Peru. Thanks to their superior air and naval support, their nation quickly overran those territories and conquered them under their flag.*

*The Nation of Ark*

*Meanwhile, the Nation of Ark too managed to expand. Acquiring Japan in though purchasing it for a bargain rate. Apparently, Japan wanted to be a part of their nation and were attracted by its leaders kindness and business prowess.*

*These expansionary wars weren't the only tales that were told. A legend began to spread about a war raging beneath the sea and several epic last stands against the beasts that inhabited these lands. The stories gave them hope for a future free from nightmares and filled with peace.*

[color="Red"]Jaden Mental[/color]
[color="Yellow"]Pascal[/color]
[color="Blue"]Althaia[/color]
[color="Magenta"]goldenspines[/color]
[color="Gray"]Septimus[/color]

(GM: This update was thrown together somewhat quickly but it does the job. The new map shows changes in territory. The color of the font for your name corresponds with the color I am using to mark your nation (I apologize for Pascal's yellow...well...yellowness...). I'll probably get your scores to you sometime tomorrow. Next turn will end this Saturday and you can expect the next update on Monday.

Peanut)

Peanut

Postby Kaligraphic » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:13 pm

[Space]

*A scorched and damaged ship emerges from star drive, almost immediately beginning to leak atmosphere.*

Engineer: Captain, we have pressure loss on all lower decks! We have - sir, there's no way we can take another transition without serious repairs.

Captain: Scan the system for anything we can use for repairs.

Navigator: There are signs of previous habitation here. I think this is... yes, we even had a colony here at one point.

Comm operator: Had?

Captain: Around eight hundren yahren ago, when we were building up the outer rim, we pulled out of a few dozen systems that just weren't valuable enough to justify continued development under that kind of competition. Let's see if there's anything to be salvaged for repairs.

Comm operator: Sir, I'm seeing a lot of radio transmissions - it looks like someone's still there.

Captain: And we just lit ourselves up like a beacon with that transition. Well, let's see what we've got ourselves into. Take us in.

{OOC: this is your opportunity to make contact. If you notice the ship - and it would have been a pretty obvious flare that would have attracted the notice of astronomers worldwide - then you have a chance to send a greeting. Of course, you're free to ignore the arrival if you want to...}
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Althaia » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:07 pm

She climb to the the stand in front of millions of her people and cleared her throat" Citizens of the Rozinhelm Empire I come to you today with glad tidings we have conquered more land and we are now able to expand our borders. I give my promise that we will become something to truly be respected and honored and when we do celebration will be upon us. Until that time may we continue to work just as well as we have been in hopes that we may become the greatest nation the likes of which the world has ever seen!!" she screamed as the roar of the crowd becomes a chorus of roaring and yelling she retreats to her abode wondering when someone will come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/color]
Althaia

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:31 pm

*Kali*

As soon as the beacon lighted up Charles, residing with in Versailles at the present moment. Asked for immediate military counsel as well as whatever identification of the unknown vessel could be acquired. The archives showed little more than a identical logo. Charles made the decision to open up communications as there were still some pretty good IOM installations to utilize for this purpose. Once the communication links were Established. Charles himself made his appearance on the communication screen. Standing in his usual military uniform, he greeted quite politely before saying".

"Greetings, I am Charles Vicelin, the Emperor of the New Holy Roman Empire. As your sensors would surely see, much of Europe is currently in a state of war and chaos. Yet, I find myself to be the unifier in this case. There are several regions for you to land. New Byzantium, Constantinople, Jerusalem, Paris, Lyon, Madrid and Barcelona. I would suggest however the refined base in Constantinople, I am sure the conflicts outside our world are just as dire as the ones within our world. In which case, you will be greeted with all kindness and respect. Regardless, our space ports shall always remain open to you. If you land, I shall greet you in person. The co-ordinates have been downloaded into your computer".

Jingo Jaden

Arrival Quest II

Postby Dante » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:47 pm

Governess Adalina looked at the treaty with a bit of a smile. [color="LightBlue"]"It's a very intriguing offer, and you would certainly have the Vesari vote. It deeply disturbs me how so much violence has been brought to our neighbors in the west. Nation or not, they never caused us much trouble and I can hardly see reason why they should be subjugated without their consent."[/color] She paused, a bit unsettled at what she had seen, [color="LightBlue"]"In fact, should any soul land on our soil in search of refuge, no matter their country, species, race or creed, I shall make sure that no law under my power is passed that they be forced to return. Should the day come, yourself included."[/color]

[color="LightBlue"]"But your wish to have me sign this parchment is a fools errand. I'm afraid the princess is in another castle."[/color] The old Oniru lifted her self onto the step of the chair before slowly letting herself down to the ground, [color="LightBlue"]"I am but a governess. Nothing more. I doubt you traveled so far to sign a treaty with a single city. For that effort, I am afraid you must take to the skies once more. This time in a more air-worthy craft."
[/color]
[color="LightBlue"]"I am confident that you speak the truth in regards to your origin, so I will arrange for a meeting between yourself and the Triumvirate. There is a room readied for you in town tonight though, so I'll have a taxi bring you there for a good nights rest - tomorrow there will be a 10:00 PM flight for you to Edean - the capital of ZODEAC. You should bring the diplomatic paperwork there, in addition to your sacred text and article of faith."[/color]

Governess Adalina began to leave the room, taking a quick swig of a personal water bottle. [color="LightBlue"]"I'll prepare a meeting for you tonight, Triumvir Alexander Gildas will be particularly interested in the prospects of international trade. In fact, if you can show that you can bring Europe under a quick submission, we'll even consider a sizable investment in your war efforts. We may disagree with the ethical principles that your nation is espousing, but we should be clear that business is business, and if you're running an Imperial nation, you're going to be opening up a host of new consumers, eager to buy products. So perhaps we'll ease the suffering of their memory of war by numbing it with the brilliant light of materialism."[/color]

[color="LightBlue"]"By the way, I don't believe I caught your name. Who am I to say comes to meet the Triumvirate of ZODEAC if you don't mind?"[/color]

[color="LightBlue"]"The Triumvirate? I must say that I never expected such an honor."[/color] Said the diplomat from the NHRE, [color="LightBlue"]"My name is Fredrick Thames."[/color]

From there, an interlude. The drive from the airport would bring Fredrick Thames through a tour of Asmera. The city breathed with a kind of zeal for life at all hours, releasing a deep sigh of release during the nights. The world was abuzz with lights and sounds. Along his silent interlude to the motel, he chanced to drive by the ancient ruins of the old St. Josephs Cathedral, overgrown with vines and well explored by this city since times long past. It's main status today was simply to be a protected piece of city property, a natural temple to the heavens where creatures could come and go, but none could build upon. But it's origins and history were a mystery lost to all - a reminder of an ancient past that was no more.

The hotel provided Fredrick with a fine suite overlooking the beautiful surroundings. Temperatures here were mild year round, neither too hot nor too cold and he was free to come and go to see the city as he pleased. But morning would soon be upon him to spirit him away to the south and his appointment with fate in Edean.

The Governess took the evening to discuss matters with the Triumvirate, particularly her Oniru representative, Alexander Gildas. She was disdainful of how violent their northern neighbors were, but could not deny her inner economic instincts that this was an economic opportunity to be had. Successful expansionist warfare, the only type engaged by Imperial nations, was a very profitable business. And any cash that was to be made was better off in their hands then that of others should they turn their eyes south. She also informed him of the treaty - mere ink on paper. But an investment might also provide the necessary leverage to keep them from moving south, because the ramifications of a withdrawal could plunge the north into economic and political collapse. A kind of economic "nuclear option". And the paper provided causus belli should the north choose to move south to subjugate Africa. A thought that caused them both to shudder.

Of course, ZODEAC was in the business of prosperity. So if this treaty would be honored by their northern neighbors, they too felt they would follow. If it was as she described, they both agreed it would be best to proceed with it. ZODEAC had little interests in expanding into Europe. They didn't even desire to expand in Africa - they only desired to see it free.
Dante

Postby Peanut » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:38 pm

*Stock Report*

*A radio show suddenly comes on called Insane Income, with Tom Cramer.*

Tom Cramer: Hello everyone, I'm Tom Cramer and I'm Insane *insert crazy sound effect* about income. Today I have some stocks that are on the rise *insert bull sound effect* and on the decline *insert Bear sound effect*. Let's start with what was the hottest stock this last turn! *a sound effect comes on that says "hot hot hot"*

Cramer: There was a run on the market for a stock for a little country with big ambitions called the New Holy Roman Empire and those who bought it *a "Cha Ching" sound effect is played* cashed in big. There are now no more stocks for sale from this growing nation unless the two primary investors decide to sell some of their stocks at 2 economic units each and something tells me this stock is going to keep rising until they either start selling or it becomes obvious that neither of them are going to sell at which point, the stock will become stagnant and start to go down in price.

[color="Red"]
New Holy Roman Empire[/color]

Stocks for sale: 0

Stock Price: 2

Stock Trend: +1 and rising

Cramer: We move from the big riser to the big faller. It all started with a simple sale and then *sirens go off* it was abandon ship! The nation of ZODEAC's stock is sinking faster then a chunk of lead on the titanic! Or it was, until some wise investments in the NHRE saved its economy. The price of this stock is stable at .7 economic units and with plans for expansion in the future, now might be the time to buy. However, it is tough to tell if this stock will be rising or falling after next turn. It all depends on what they do next and how these expansion plans go.

[color="Yellow"]ZODEAC[/color]

Stocks For Sale: 68

Stock Price: .7

Stock Trend: -.3 but stable

Cramer: Now I know what you are wondering. If I can't buy the New Holy Roman Empire's stock and if the ZODEAC's stock has a chance of falling, then what stocks should I buy? Well, I've got two juicy countries that are steadily growing and if you buy now *a Ka-ching sound effect is played* you could cash in big. The first is the Rozinhelm Empire. Their recent expansion into South America has boosted their economy and boosted your opportunity to make some big bucks. At 1.5 economic units a share, this is one stock that you want to buy now before its price gets too high

[color="Blue"]The Rozinhelm Empire[/color]

Stock's for Sale: 40

Stock Price: 1.5

Stock Trend: +.5 and increasing steadily

Cramer: The next growing stock is the Nation of Ark. Their recent merger with Japan has brought in a load of income and while they aren't growing as fast as the Rozinhelm Empire or the New Holy Roman Empire they are growing and the sky could be the limit with this stock. So buy now and buy fast before you can't buy anymore.

[color="Magenta"]The Nation of Ark[/color]

Stock's for sale: 40

Stock Price: 1.2

Stock trend: +.2 and growing

Cramer: But there is one other nation that, while risky, could pay big dividends in the future. Rumor has it The Banker Clan of Chimrajh is planning on acquiring some more regions and that means more money for this economically minded society. If they play their cards right, you could find yourself cashing in as they cash in.

[color="Gray"]The Banker Clan of Chimrajh[/color]

Stock Price: 40

Stock Price: 1

Stock Trend: 0

Cramer: This has been Cramer sending a massive Boo-yah to all of my fans!

Peanut

Proposition Quest II

Postby Dante » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm

((OOC))

As Triumvir Alexander Gildas walked away ruffled to another days work, the two officers continued on towards a local coffee shop - letting out a breath of relief at the situations calm conclusion.

[color="LightBlue"]"Sorry about the rufus, you know how those Oniru can be if you spook them. So much as he's the most powerful man in all of ZODEAC, he's afraid of his own shadow. If it wasn't for the Triumvirate, someone would only need kidnap him and they'd get whatever they desired if the people would still listen to him. He shouldn't be out here alone anyways though, being a Triumvir and all. Anyways, why don't we stop and grab something to eat. You seem rather beaten up in the cowl and your cough sounds horrible, would you like to see a local doctor?"[/color]

[color="LightBlue"]"Oh good grief no!"[/color] The elder of the two broke in [color="LightBlue"]"He's only got 1 year or less of medical or psychological training a piece. If it weren't for his connections, I don't think he'd be our commander at all. Darn I know how to set a broken bone better then he does! There is one a couple of miles down that's much better and will understand. She's got masters in psychology and is finishing up her masters in medicine - a real gift to her home region."
[/color]
[color="LightBlue"]"You're probobly right..."[/color]Retorted the younger of the two, as they sat down at a local cafe and ordered something to drink [color="LightBlue"]"Care for a scone? Anyways, we'd really prefer to know your name and get to see what you look like if that's possible. I can see that you seem to prefer your privacy, but it would help us to recognize who you are. Of course, if you don't want to, we wouldn't want you to either. But anyways, what brings you to our happy neighborhood kupo?"[/color]
Dante

Postby Kaligraphic » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:42 am

[Space]
*The transmission from Charles Vicelin is replayed*

Analysis chief: Sir, while there is significant warfare in that continent, my department believes, first, that the weapons technology of this New Holy Roman Empire is unlikely to pose greater harm than continued maneuver, and second, that they are likely to retain control of the locations transmitted at least long enough for us to effect basic repairs.

Captain: And do you have a read on this Charles Vicelin? How likely is that we'd meet with treachery once we're on the ground?

Analysis chief: Sir, we just don't have the data to say. He's obviously aggressive and opportunistic, but he seems both to have a healthy regard for weaponry and to regard himself as an honorable person.

Captain: I see. We'll just have to chance it, then. Marine Commander, when we land, I want a posted guard and visible weaponry - break out the real guns. Gunners, let's be on the lookout. Have the turrets track anybody who approaches. Engineer, prepare the power core for detonation, just in case.

Engineer: Sir, with the damage we've taken, I can't calibrate the final release. If we blow the core, we'll probably set half the planet on fire. We could well blow off the entire usable atmosphere.

Captain: Which is why the marines and gunners had better do their jobs. Our orders are clear, we cannot allow this ship to fall into enemy hands, and, right now, enemy hands means anybody other than ourselves. We're not exactly swimming in options here. I'm going to accept the offer of assistance, but I'm not about to blindly trust anybody here.

*transmission from Whisperer in the Dark to Charles Vicelin of the New Holy Roman Empire follows*

Charles Vicelin. I thank you for your kind greeting and offer of docking facilities. You may call me... Scaramouche, captain of the vessel Whisperer in the Dark. We will accept your recommendation of the Constantinople facility provisional to the availability of a sufficiently large berth. I will note that we are... significantly larger than what you'd be used to. Fortunately, we should be able to take a water berth. We should be within your orbit in another one and a half days, at which time I will contact you again.

*Message includes rough size requirements, and the size of the Whisperer in the Dark is staggering to a mind used to terrestrial sizes.*

(OOC: Ships designed for interstellar warfare start at humongous and get bigger from there. I do recommend putting this one in the water - Ataturk International just isn't going to cut it.)
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Peanut » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:54 am

(GM: This is probably a good time to mention that Kali's ship is comparable to a Titan in terms of the system...except in a one on one battle, he'll win. So, think of his ship as being a Titan+ once its finally repaired. Before you complain or ask for upgrades to your own Titan's, let me remind you that currently Kali's country is his ship and having it be exactly like a Titan would not be good for his overall survival. So, that's why he's special. Now, back to your regularly scheduled RP!!)

Peanut

Postby Dante » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:40 pm

After the first message arrived from the NHRE, a second arrived from ZODEAC to the adrift space-craft of the OE.

Code: Select all
//This is Triumvir Gildas of the commonwealth of ZODEAC.

//We would like to ask if you should require any immediate assistance.
//We have come across an old shuttle from ancient times that is space worthy and
//it will be taking off shortly to provide a local communications satellite.

//We would be happy to meet with you at the least and would be ready and willing
//to accept you where-ever you desire to meet us. We have a vast array of investments
//and a blossoming space program that might provide some of the technologies that you
//need. It's our deepest hopes that you would come to us in peace and that we might
//mutually benefit from friendship and learning.

//Sincerely
//Triumvir Gildas
Dante

Arrival Quest III

Postby Dante » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 pm

((OOC))

The next morning a flurry of activity was embarked upon as Fredrick was transported through roadways and corridors to a private aircraft leaving southboand for Edean. The trip from Asmera to Edean took a little over an hour by air, with smooth sailing the entire way. From his window seat, Fredrick would soon be treated to a view of Edean. The city was vast in size, with a population of well over a couple of million souls. The sky line was broken by a set of glistening white towers that elegantly curved with the clouds in the sky. But outside of this central citadel, there was an audience of hundreds of buildings, each built into the over-arching theme of harmony with the natural environment. The Sky-ways raced through to ornate corridors and gardens, trees and vines filled the empty space with an infinite garden. The city streets below bustled with activity and the roof-tops were littered with a variety of scurrying Vesari as they made their way through town using any pathway they could get their paws on.

After a gentle landing the ground, the diplomat was guided to a private limo which drove him to an impressive five star eatery recommended by the Triumvir's Hume advisors. Special attention was made to request any variations on the guests dietary preferences and the Oniru chef's there provided an excellent example of ZODEAC fine eating. It would definitely be a piece of culture to bring home as he found it to be ranked among the best tastes he ever had.

From here, he was brought to the center of the city, the great shining towers. Inside one was brought into a vast atrium, with light pouring in like a giant fountain of light onto the central stonemasonry, formed of dark grey slabs. Trees scattered the light and open archways in the architecture allowed wind in, which caused them to sway creating a dance of shadows in the air with an occasional leaf floating by.

Fredrick Thames was escorted up many levels in the structure close to the top of the great shining towers. When the elevator door opened, he walked down an elegantly decorated Vestibule to a pair of ornate doors. The rooms were decorated in beautiful deep blues, greens and violets, with great importance emphasized on fellowship, infrastructure, nature and prosperity in general within their design. As two ceremonial Vesari opened the doorway, Fredrick was led by architectural design into a vast open council-room. The carpet here too was blue, rimmed with two circles of green and gold coloring and the walls provided a clear view of the city on almost every wall. Those obstructed by the architecture were replaced by high definition projections taken live via camera and merged, so that a full 360 degree panorama could be achieved.

Along with an entourage of wise advisors (mostly distinguished looking Oniru - but oddly a few Hume as well), there were three primary seats, each held by a different major species. The Vesari, the Oniru and the Urnak. After a few moments, a ceremonial announcer provided the introductions.

[color="LightBlue"]"Honored triumvir, emissaries and advisors. We will now reconvene the Triumvirate from it's daily luncheon for formal affairs. First in order is a matter of key importance, Article 3002. It concerns a proposed treaty of non-aggression and optional trade between the ZODEAC and our foreign neighbors, the New Holy Roman Empire "[/color] he began, taking some pride in himself for routing out the proper name of the NHRE, [color="LightBlue"]"Before I begin though, I would like to introduce the emissary of the New Holy Roman Empire, the honorable Fredrick Thames. I am also pleased to introduce to the floor, our long standing governing body, the Triumvirate. Vesari Triumvir, Vivian Androcles, Oniru Triumvir, Alexander Gildas and Urnak Triumvir, Bolizar Galzorgan."[/color]

A slight pause followed and the announcer bowed himself out with a nod from the Triumviri. [color="LightBlue"]"Thank you Cicero,"[/color] Triumvir Gildas began, [color="LightBlue"]"Mr. Fredrick Thames, it is an honor to meet with you to discuss such important matters with the NHRE. We have many important things to discuss though, so let's cut to the point. Governoress Adalina contacted me last night and we talked to great lengths. I have heard that you bring tidings from the New Holy Roman Empire; that you bring propositions of peace while waging war within a hair of our lands; that you also bring symbolic offerings of your faith while considering the prospect of mutual trade and economic investment. These are all aspects that interest me, but I would like to hear what you have to say for yourself on the matters if you will?"[/color]

The diplomat bowed humbly as he said the following. [color="LightBlue"]" I must admit, when Charles told me about the conflicts, I was expecting chaos-elimination. Forgive me for not being able to be more worthy on information on the subject of this matter. I will try to sort out the great Suez Compromise. I suspect this is what our leaders would best want."
[/color]
A square from his pocket suddenly flew out without him activating it. As before, it formed into a rather large screen which positioned itself behind him. It was Baptista that was on-screen this time. He was pleased as always, like he had heard good news.

[color="LightBlue"]"But my dear friend, we are not here to plague them with half-hearten facts. We are here, to bring light into the darkness that is the unknown. To banish chaos with order. That, is our calling. My old friend Fredrick, you should know better than anyone in this room the threat that chaos presents. Be it the creatures in the sky, on our lands, in the dirt or undersea, we have several classes of them, some are singularly strong enough to take down nations. The white knight himself would not know the extent of the problems the world face. Unless united, and united fast, we shall all most likely die. Call the damages.... collateral. I would state, that worry not about your neighbors anymore, for it is only us".[/color]

Baptista looked down a bit, then looked back up. His signature smile had not faded. Meanwhile, Triumvir Androcles looked upon the image with a deep seated fear, like the sense one feels while in a nightmare, as though some ancient instinct told him that this figure was the right-hand man to the devil himself. Hearing about this vulgarity made manifest to their west made him sick and he barely held back from hissing at the screen, doing his best to keep his composure for the sake of diplomacy.

[color="LightBlue"]"Our expansion, it should be noted. Is far from over. Yet, I guess you do not like our artillery firing shells within inches of your borders. So, as our diplomat pointed out. We shall enact the Suez Treaty. This means, that any NHRE activities in Africa, which we consider to be under your sphere of influence will be limited to friendly financial dealings. Nonviolence... unless agreed upon otherwise of course. However, the same would apply to you in Europe or any other NHRE regions. We pride ourselves at our military accomplishments as they have been honest, just and the means warrants the intended end. If your nation is upset, then I propose a joint military parade. That usually calms downs fear for invasions. However, your citizens will adore the new found peace in our new regions. It is as if there was never any struggle at all. One nation, one culture, one faith".[/color]

Baptista revealed that behind the blinds stood what seemed to be a booming city. With lavish cultural designs around it walls. It was as if it was the perfect combination between Gothic, middle eastern and Byzantium architecture. In the center of it all, a giant white cross made of marble. The same kind that was on the flag of the New Holy Roman Empire was visible. Baptista said with a very excited voice.

[color="LightBlue"]"Behold! New Jerusalem. The new start for mankind and his companions! Here, we shall heal and protect our broken world. So that it may once again, be less than a wasteland. We have seen so many texts recovered from ages immemorial, which tells of legends of a booming nature, clear water, fresh air and clear skies. This, is to be the cultural capital of the world. That is my desire! A shared world, for in the empire, there is a constitution that guarantees rights for all subjects and beings. And now, we can finally spread the word so lost largely due to the folly of man. If chaos is defeated, and it will attack us later, then we can maybe, heal the world. However, for the time being, it requires unity, and, judging by the threat of chaos as we know it, it requires it quickly. Within such a short time, much of Europe has been unified, and much more shall be very soon. The military was just half the equation to acquire said regions, I assure you."[/color]

Having said this, another square came from the other pocket of the diplomat. It showed Charles Vicelin sitting on a throne in Versailles. Not too Napoleonic, as he was in his military outfit still at this time. However, it was clear that France and Spain had been conquered. He was not the smiling type, but he looked directly into the camera and said the following.
Dante

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 pm

[color="LightBlue"]"Bonjour. I am Charles Vicelin. Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. I've understood that there is distress due to our conflicts near your nation. I am here to calm the notion that these will spread into Africa. We will respect your sovereignty and if agreed to the terms that we do not expand into Africa, you do not expand into Europe or any other region under our control as well as sharing the Suez Channel. Then we shall be in agreement. Also, it would be rude for an emperor not to bring an appropriate gift. The gift you have received from Fredrick was a personal one. Saying his heart is like that of pure gold would be a gross understatement. My gift to your great nation is something that may seem worthless now, but, soon as you will notice, shall bring you significant value".[/color]

Fredrick handed over what seemed to be a small, damaged transmission device of unknown origin.

[color="LightBlue"]"I will not spoil it's purpose."[/color] Charles declared, [color="LightBlue"]"However, it is a personal thing as I only had two of these. I am sure, the things you will discover by using this will be something of great interest."
[/color]
[color="LightBlue"]"It's indeed a very interesting concept - this Suez treaty"[/color] Triumvir Gildas said, bringing the conversation back on topic, [color="LightBlue"]"Or article 3002 as it is referred to on today's agenda. It is one of the most important things we've considered in this room over the years. One that I believe we can most certainly come to an agreement on - and for that matter your work in expansion over these territories has deeply interested our financial analysts. To say the least, I have people going nuts selling shares in OUR nation to invest in yours - we smell money, and our noses are pretty keen in that regard."[/color]

[color="LightBlue"]"Being a nation that values the expression of living in most forms, we are not about to stop our stock-holders from reinvesting in a bigger better deal. To be honest, they've been hiring their own researchers and we expect to lose 28% of our national economy as well as nearly all of our national treasury, all but spent on this affair. It's a very very big deal economically. Even if you are causing a local recession."[/color] The wise old Oniru took a breath before adding a few more remarks, [color="LightBlue"]"But still, you must understand that we do not wish others to come to harm as a consequence here - but business is business and if it's a dirty job, we Oniru may as well get rich off it if you know what I mean. So, given that our investors seem bent on financing nearly all of your economy, some ink on paper showing mutual good-will is only second nature." [/color]

[color="LightBlue"]"So while I am saddened to hear that warfare has been necessary outside of Africa, we hope that you will provide a shelter for your people as we have provided for ours. Likewise, we would prefer that you keep your expansion outside of African soil simply because it will cause all kinds of problems for us and problems for us make our stock investors nervous - but our investors do seem to hope that you will keep expanding. I want a stable positive growth to benefit us both, by doing everything I can to protect our investments overseas. And obviously that means that we'll keep any military activities off of European soil unless permission is granted and the situation warrants the action. In economic terms, an invasion of Africa would mean the destabilization of your own nation and any actions on our part in Europe would only destroy our investments. The Oniru at least prefer to make money, not enemies."[/color]

He left a breath for further comments, which was immediately taken up by Triumvir, Vivian Androcles. [color="LightBlue"]"I don't like you Baptista. I can't say why, but it's as though your face has seen much suffering and wishes to hide that it took a part in it. Even though I know you aren't there, the sense I get from you is so strong that I can smell blood in the air." the Vesari's hair stood on edge, as his ears pulled back and his tail swayed irately with the keeping of time, "For that matter, I don't like the vulgar expression of murder for profits - it saddens my heart to think that you would try to bring peace to the world by subjugating it to war. I have heard little of the Chaos threat from travelers that cross that area, and those that are within surely would have fallen into your arms if you showed yourself to be their welcome savior from a vicious beast - or given our good relations they would have turned to us for aid."[/color]

[color="LightBlue"]"I do not reject item 3002 as it is something I do not even believe needs to be ratified. We have never forbidden any vessel from traveling through the ancient canals that were gifted to us by the old ones, nor the Red Sea that was carved at the creation of time and if we had clear hold over the Straights of Gibraltar, we would leave those also. Were it not for the other species of this world, it would never even cross our hearts to aim a weapon of the hunt at one of our own. Why others would do it, I cannot fathom. So if it is true that you will stay out of Africa, we too shall stay out of Europe - for it is not ours to take. For the oceans were created not by us, so they do not belong to us, and the Earth was not created by us, so it does not belong to us, we simply borrow a space for a while till our short lives come to a close."[/color]

The Vesari took his fixed eyes of those of Baptista and softened them as he gazed upon Fredrick. [color="LightBlue"]"I don't desire any of your gifts that you bring here today, but I would like to have one thing to help boost a positive relationship with one another. This man, Fredrick, he is more like one of us then he is like either of you - and it would save me many a nightmare if I never had to see what I feel today. So in the future, I would like a relationship, not a tricket or a toy, particularly I would like the Triumvirate to have a relationship with Fredrick Thames. I can tell from looking at him that he has a kind heart and is often conflicted by the evils that fall on the world, he's like the rest of the Hume I know - genuinely a oddly bald blessing. If by his free will, he chooses to stay, he would be welcome in our presence at any time. If it is not his free will at any time, he may leave, but I should wish that he would at least provide us with a name of someone like himself, because I know that many Hume are kind and wonderful, I am certain he has many friends that would like to spend at least some time exploring a new land. They are very curious and adventurous like us, if played with instead of fought with."[/color] The Vesari finished while giving a particular eye at the Urnak, who persecuted the Hume during the War of Kings.

The Urnak Triumvirate wasn't paying attention. Since the conversation started, his mind was focussed on one thing and it swallowed him entirely to the point that he would say yes no matter what. [color="LightBlue"]"There is a war of conquest? Led by puny Hume or not! You must let us join you! We must fight and spill the blood of enemies in armed conflict, at last completing our ancient rite! YES! YES!"[/color]

[color="LightBlue"]"The treaty"[/color] The Oniru shryly snuck in hoping to avoid drifting onto talks of peace.

[color="DarkRed"]YES![/color]

The Oniru covered his face in his palm as the Vesari's draw dropped in utter disgust. It was clear that the room was filled with a very odd trio indeed. But a decision had been made. And it seemed rather unanimous. [color="LightBlue"]"With that decision I believe we are in agreement. So without further objections I wish to ratify what we know of Item 3002 changing it to NAP 3002, The Suez Canal Non-Agression Pact. Under the terms of this ratified article,

1) The New Holy Roman Empire (Hence known as the NHRE) shall not expand it's borders into the continent of Africa, or conduct aggressive military operations within 50 miles of it's shores.

2)The nation of Zealous Order in Defence of the East African Commonwealth (Hence known as the ZODEAC) shall not expand it's borders into the continent of Europe, or conduct aggressive military operations within 50 miles of it's shores.

3) Both nations shall allow full naval passage through the Suez Canal, the Red Sea and the Straits of Gibraltar to any naval vessels that are part of ZODEAC or the NHRE.

4) The nation of ZODEAC shall not attempt to purchase more then 40% of the stocks of the NHRE.

5) The nation of NHRE shall not attempt to purchase more then 40% of the stocks of ZODEAC.

And optionally if you wish to use them for your expansion. The Urnak see it as a rite of passage. A barbaric one that they have been denied for centuries as they must kill another to become full fledged adults. By their culture they are currently all minors. I'm sure it will help your expansion and help my pocket book. Are we agreed?"
[/color]

Jingo Jaden

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying