Supers in Chicago 2

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Supers in Chicago 2

Postby OfficerSting » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 am

Once upon a time, I ran an RPG called Supers in Chicago. Sadly, it died. HOWEVER, I am hereby planning on starting a little sequel RPG to it. For those of you who were a part of the original Supers in Chicago, you are free to play as your old character, or a new one. For those of you planning on joining this RPG but are unfamiliar with the original, here's the story:

STORY
The RPG takes place in an alternate history version of the 1920's, where all the pulp fiction-esque technology, such as ray guns, jet packs, teleporters, time travel, and the like exist. Also in existence are superheroes, who have gained their powers through various means, be they mutation or through the marvels of science. The U.S. has broken up into territories controlled by various groups of superheroes and supervillains; however, five years ago in Chicago, one of the most dangerous cities around, something amazing happened. You see, Chicago was controlled by three groups: the Successors, the Kapoots, and the Red, White, and Blues. These three groups constantly warred of territory. Eventually, however, the heroic RW&B's and the Successors joined forces to form the Ambassadors to defeat the evil Kapoots. They succeeded, and over they next few years, they were able to reunite Illinois and bring order and democracy back to it. Sadly, the rapid success of the Ambassadors has frightened the bordering territories, and the other territories are flooding into Illinois trying to overthrow the Ambassadors and claim Illinois for themselves. This has brought crime and war back to Illinois. The Ambassadors want peace, yet all the other factions want to do is fight with one another. Can your super save the day? Or will he topple the Ambassadors and claim Illinois for himself?

Character Format
Name: Your character's name (and superhero/villain alias, if possible)

Group Affiliation: What group your character is associated with. List of groups located at the bottom of this post.

Super Powers: What powers your character has.

How powers were obtained: How your character obtained their powers.

Other Skills: Skills that aren't super powers.

Personality: Your character's personality

Appearance: Your character's appearance

Bio: A brief history of your character

List of Groups
The Ambassadors: Control Illinois. Seek to bring peace, order, and justice back to America.

The River Men: Control Missouri. A group of villains who wish to populate the world with Frankenstein-like monsters.

The Uppers: Control Minnesota and the Dakotas. Heroes who wish to spread super powers to those who don't have them.

The Cheese Makers: Weakly control Wisconsin. Hope to control Illinois to reassert their dominance. They were at one point very good heroes, but abandoned their beliefs in the pursuit of power.

The Triangles: Control Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. Not much is known about them at the time, aside from the fact they want America back together.

The Neo-Kapoots: Remnants of the Kapoots left after their forces were wiped out. They wish for the United States to fall into anarchy.

Note: You may play as a minor group, i.e. one you made up yourself. I must ask you PM me first, though.
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [SIZE="2"]Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)[/SIZE]
OfficerSting

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:47 am

I'm going to make a new superhero. Basicly, she's the female version of Generator Rex.

Name: Miku Roberts

Alias: Droid

Group Affiliation: None really, but she's a good girl.

Super Powers: She can build machines out of her body (Not the boxy type with orange and grey color sheme like Rex's but more sleek, with an Aqua and white color scheme)

How powers were obtained: Her father was an inventor, and he had made a machine that he said would change the world. One day, Amaya's curiosity of it got the better of her. She sneaked into her father's lab and began tampering with the machine, which ended up exploding on her. She just barely survived it, but the impact unlocked her power.

Other Skills: Drawing, good at fencing, likes to sing.

Personality: Very outgoing, sometimes aggressive.

Appearance: http://animefunfun.webs.com/Futuristic%20Miku.jpg

Bio: Lives with her father, as her mother is dead, and she has an older brother thst works for the River Men

BTW, anyone's welcome to play Miku's brother if they wish.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Can we replay characters from the original? I'd love to bring back Voltage. We need someone who's kinda like Spider-man. However, I want to make him not on any particular group, but still a good guy. Is that possible?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:04 pm

rocklobster (post: 1443737) wrote:Can we replay characters from the original? I'd love to bring back Voltage. We need someone who's kinda like Spider-man. However, I want to make him not on any particular group, but still a good guy. Is that possible?

You can indeed bring back characters from the original, and you can have an unaffiliated character, so long as you provide a reason why he's not a part of any group.
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [SIZE="2"]Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)[/SIZE]
OfficerSting

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:33 pm

I'm going to play my original characters, if that's alright.

Name: Anthony Holst
Alias: The Conductor
Group Affiliation: Former Captain of The Red, White, and Blues; current captain of the Ambassadors
Super Powers: has control over sound waves; uses musicial instruments and sound as his weapons
Source of Powers/How you obtained your powers: A child prodigee and son of a famous violinist, Anthony obtained his abilities through his mother who possessed the superhero gene. His whole life has been concentrated on his music.
Weakness (if any): People skills and white noise. <Extreme sounds are his kryptonite...>
Motives for Joining the Battle: Anthony is a classic Renaissance man; he believes in beauty, order, and justice. <No sad story.....a shock I know...>
Personality: Reserved and rather quiet, Anthony keeps to himself and only engages in certain company. He is very rigid in his beliefs, which is his biggest fault. He is quiet-tempered and compassionate towards others.
Appearance:Fairly tall and lanky, standing at 6'0" and weighing 200 lbs. He is fair-completed with dirty blonde hair that is long and well kept; blue eyes. His dress is very elogant, donning a full symphonic tuxedo, a instrument case, and a large music baton.
Bio: Mr. Holst is a very simple man. His desire for a prosperous and advanced nation has lead to his decision to bring peace once more to Illinois.

Name: Yoko Schehera
Alias: Whirlwind
Group Affiliation: former captain for the Successors; former general for the Ambassadors; and current Leader of the Black Sheep.
(The Black Sheep: dominate the region of Kentucky, Tennessee, and the Carolinas. This group is composed of former Successors that did either did not join/or broke away from the Ambassador Movement. The group is known for being a largely rogue group, and presents itself as a wild card faction.)
Super Powers: control over the air and winds
Source of Powers/How you obtained your powers: When a young child, Yoko and her family were swept into a terrible tornado. She was able to make it into the heart of the storm and the trauma of the event allowed her unlock her powers and absorb the great winds.
Weakness (if any): Air vacuums; her temper
Motives for Joining the Battle: Personal revenge and a desire for the States to go back to normal conditions.
Personality: Yoko is very high-spirited, short tempered, blunt, and outgoing. She can be somewhat cynical and has problems with empathy. Other than that, she loves to laugh and to supply it for others.
Appearance:Small and well-built, Yoko inherits her mother's Asian physique standing under 5'5" and weighing roughly 125 lbs. Her hair is short and fashionably wild but almost silver-coloured since the traumatic storm. Her eyes are almond shaped and a deep green color unless using her powers. Her complexion is darker due to her father. She wears cargo pants, boots, a Chinese top with a long sash, a leather aviator and goggles.
Bio: The storm that gave Yoko her powers also took the lives of her mother, father, and two siblings. This is key to Yoko's character, constantly fighting herself whether her gift is a blessing or a curse. She is under the belief that the tornado was an attack issued by the Kapoots.

I will PM about further questions.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby OfficerSting » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Very good. I approve of all characters. Here's mine.

Name: Chase Paladin (A.K.A. Charlemagne)

Group Affiliation: Former Successor, Current Ambassador

Super Powers: None naturally, but he obtains various powers from the potions he drinks (see below)

How Powers Were Obtained: Chase is a chemist. He makes potions that temporarily give anyone who drink them a certain power.

Other Skills: Talent in several creative skills, high knowledge and skill in the sciences, highly athletic and strong even without potions.

Personality: Chase is vey eccentric, and occasionally a bit egotistical, but his heart is in the right place.

Appearance: Short brown hair, blue eyes, average build, about 6"2. His superhero attire consists of a domino mask, white gloves, a suit, a fedora, and a belt in which he stores his various potions.

Bio: Chase was the son of two prominent supporters of the Red, White, and Blues. At an early age, he went off to the University of Chicago to study chemistry. After graduating, despite his parents' wishes, he joined the Successors. During the battle with the Kapoots, chase reevaluated his choices and chose to fight with the RW&B's, rather than against him. He defeated his old boss, the Orichalcum Man, and Lord Matter with the help of other supers. It was his idea to merge the Successors and the RW&B's, and he remains a high ranking official in that organization today.
OfficerSting

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Name: Mila Armm
Alias: Silver Streak
Group Affiliation:Former, The Red, White, and Blues, now, like Miku, she's not in any particular group, but she's good.
Super Powers: Super speed, flight, mental powers
Source of Powers/How you obtained your powers: She sneaked into her fathers lab, and accidently got stuck in a strange machine her father made. When he finally got her free, she lost her arm, and her Father made her a robotic one. After that, Mila found she had super powers.
Weakness (if any): Unknown
Motives for Joining the Battle: Wanting America reunited, and wanting her Mother and Brother back
Personality: has a steely calm, doesn't talk much, wants to help everyone she can
Appearance: http://www.planetrenders.net/renders...meGirlNBD3.png
Bio: Her parents are divorced, she lives with her father on one divided part of the US, and her mother and brother are in a different area. She recently became friends With Miku.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Name: Chimerus
Group Affiliation: The River Men.
Super Powers: Shape-shifting - can modify his genetic makeup at will, resulting in human-animal fusions.

How powers were obtained: Through unauthorized and highly unethical postdoctorate work involving cathode rays and animal testing, his DNA was shuffled beyond anything yet seen in humans!

Other Skills: He's a quick thinker, able to outplan and hopefully outwit an opponent, and he used to box with a friend, so he has a little experience in the martial arts.

Personality: Highly variable. Ranges from a calm, calculating villiany to a violent, irrational menace. No matter the personality, however, he's bent on becoming the leader of the gang and ruling over Chicago by any means necessary - not necessarily in that order.

Appearance: Again, highly variable, but almost always tall and stocky. Prefers black coats and brass goggles in his human form, and uses a tommy gun rather than the usual rayguns carried by his flunkies.

Bio: Born as Reginald Simoni, Chimerus grew up in New Orleans, receiving a Ph.D. in biology at a prestigious university there. However, that wasn't enough: his experiments grew increasingly bizarre and further and further outside the realm of accepted science, and he began tampering in God's domain, as it is said. After the experiment that gave him his powers, he fell in with the River Men, becoming one of its leaders as its arms stretched up the Mississippi towards Chicago and the power vacuum left by the fall of the Kapoots. At our story's beginning, he is currently aboard the Cardshark, a riverboat used for the River Mens' bootlegging operations.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:07 am

Name: Voltage/Bernard Lighton

Group Affiliation: None. Prefers to work solo because he doesn't trust any of the groups. He was a former Red White and Blue, but didn't like the in-fighting between them and the Successors. Now, he's on his own. He thinks it fits his "neutral good" alignment more.

Super Powers: Voltage can conduct all forms of electricity and magnetism. He's been working more on the magnetism in his off-time. He's sort of like Static from the Static Shock cartoon.

How powers were obtained: He got bathed in chemicals as a result of an explosion.

Other Skills: Voltage is quite street-wise. He knows some good fighting skills that come in handy sometimes. He's also a guitarist.

Personality: Voltage is kind of the Spider-man of the story. He's a deadpan snarker and believes that his powers give him more responsibility to use them to protect others.

Appearance: Wears black tights with lightning bolts that form a V. Also has goggles on his face. Has spiky blonde hair and blue eyes

Bio: Voltage was bathed in chemicals as a result of an accident while he was apprenticed to a scientist. When his best friend died because he didn't stop the killer in time, Voltage blamed himself and decided to take on the responsibility his powers called for.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Excellent. I approve of all characters. I will notify a mod soon as to when we can start.
OfficerSting

Postby goldenspines » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:32 pm

goldenspines

Postby OfficerSting » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Another character to be introduced later:

Name: Mark Looker (A.K.A. Justinian)

Group Affiliation: Former Neo-Kapoot, current Ambassador

Super Powers: Super strength, flight, super speed, among other typical super hero powers

How powers were obtained: Mutation ala the X-Men

Other Skills: Extensive knowledge of the Neo-Kapoots and crime in general, expert in weapons.

Personality: Very much an anti-hero, but he wishes to shake his villainous tendencies now that he's an Ambassador. As such, he can be a bit sardonic and caniving.

Appearance: Very short, thin, and pale. Blonde hair with brown eyes. Wears superhero attire similar to Charlemagne's.

Bio: After the Kapoots were taken down, their youngest member stayed with the remnants. He mostly engaged in petty crime. One night, while robbing a store, he was caught by Charlemagne, who gave him the option of joining the Ambassadors as an alternative to prison. Justinian agreed, hoping to steal some secrets from the Ambassadors to give to the Neo-Kapoots; however, he found he liked being a good guy more than he liked being a villain. He is currently Charlemagne's side kick.
OfficerSting

Postby OfficerSting » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:32 pm

A new villain approaches!

Name: Jospeh Cardinal (A.K.A. The Orichalcum Man)

Group Affiliation: Former Leader of the Successors, Current leader of the Neo-Kapoots

Super Powers: The Ability to create/destroy matter and energy

How Powers Were obtained: Mutation ala the X-Men

Other Skills: Extensive knowledge of many topics, near superhuman physical prowess.

Personality: Very grim and mysterious, as well as very cruel.

Appearance: Very strong and tall. Prematurely white hair. Wears red jumpsuit with the Neo-Kapoot symbol.

Bio: Once the leader of the Successors, Joseph encouraged the war between the RW&B's and the Successors. One night, he was taken down. He has harbored feelings of anger for those who took him down and the Ambassadors. He hates them so much he joined the Neo-Kapoots, who he once fought against, simply to take them down.
OfficerSting

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying