Cross Academy

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Cross Academy

Postby Midori » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:47 pm

GM is Rocklobster. Have fun!
Midori

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:47 am

Okay, let's get started.
Snow was falling. Keedra loved this time of year, because it was the one time humans actually remembered what they were created for. She was shopping for decorations for the upcoming Christmas pageant and was on her way home. She organized her bags into the trunk of her car. (The angels can't fly or their secrets will be revealed. Besides, she likes this car.) The car was a yellow convertible, but she kept the top up. No sense in catching cold just to feel the wind in your hair, even if you liked the feeling. As she turned to open the car door, her super-human hearing picked up a faint sob. She turned to see a girl crying with a box riddled with holes.
"What's wrong?" Keedra asked.
"I have to sell this kitten because we can't afford to take care of her. But no one's going to buy this cat. We're going to have to give her to the pound. And that means..." she made a slicing motion with her finger at her neck. "They're not going to find a home for her either."
Keedra looked in the box. A calico cat was curled up inside. It looked barely old enough to have been already weaned.
"It has a bad leg. That's why no one will want it. Who wants to care for a lame animal?" the girl sobbed.
"Well, I think I can find it a home. Besides, she reminds me of a kitten I once knew. I'll take her, Corrie."
"Thanks, but how'd you know my name?" asked the girl.
Uh-oh. Keedra had used her mind-reading powers unconsciously again. She needed to come up with a fib, quick. She looked around and saw names scratched onto the concrete. One obviously belonged to the girl.
"I saw your name and your parents' names on the concrete. Or at least, I assumed it was your name." she said.
She took the box and put it in the front passenger seat.
"Thank you again." said Corrie. "and Merry Christmas!"
Keedra smiled. "Merry Christmas to you to, little one." she said and patted the girl on her head.
Keedra started the engine and drove off to the academy.
----------------
OOC: Everyone else should be in the school gym. They're helping with getting ready for the Christmas celebration.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:07 am

ooc:I'm changing my character's looks to this: http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/I/IN/INU/inuyasha-girl-112/1146062448_sAnimeGirl.jpg
BIC: Kaya was in the gymnasium with the other students, getting ready for the Christmas celebration. While she helping another girl spread some holly on the table, Kaya practiced reading the girl's mind. She couldn't really do it as well as the more experianced angels.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Zauriel saw Kaya and walked over to her. "Don't worry so much about your mind-reading. There will come a time when it can be used." he said telepathically. Then he looked around and made a mental note which students were in the gym. "Has anyone seen Jo?" he asked aloud.
------------
Jo was in the chapel, where she always was when she wanted to be alone. She knew that after the pageant, she'd have to go home for a week. She did not want that. Last time she was home, her stepfather had told her that her mother had originally considered aborting her. No one even wanted me to exist. she thought. Why should I even bother going back?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Masquerade1412 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Noticing Zauriel was distracted, Xavier took a chance and snuck out of the gym. He began walking over to the chapel, his usual hiding place. Ever since he transfered, everyone has been afraid of him, so wouldn't be better to stay out of sight? He opened the door to the sanctuary and was creeping towards the darkest corner of the room when he noticed a young girl crying near the front. He immediately turned upon seeing her, thinking, I'll just come back another time. Then the girl started talking to herself. "Why? Why should I go back to the people who didn't even want me? Maybe...Maybe I should have died..."
"Maybe you should live while you have the chance."
Xavier couldn't believe what he just said. After all, hadn't he thought the same thing himself? The girl whirled around and stared into the darkness. "Who's there?"
Oh, dear. If I tell her who I am, she'll probably get scared and run away. What do I do now?
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Kaya noticed Xavier creep out of the gym. NOT a good idea. it's dangerous. she thought. She followed him to the chapel, and peeked in He found Jo! she realized when she saw the girl. she reached with her mind and tried reading her thoughts. But it was a bit staticy. no one......wanted.........to exist........why..........bother.........going back?
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Masquerade1412 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Oh, no. Now I can't escape! I guess I have no other choice.
Xavier began his perilous journey towards the crying girl. She seemed to be miles away, and time slowed down further with each step. Every heartbeat grew louder and louder. After what seemed like eternity, he finally reached her. All right, I made it......Ackk! She's going to burst into tears at any moment. But I can't walk away! Closing his eyes he searched for the words to say. Somehow, the words seemed to appear in his mind, and before he knew what was happening, his mouth began to move on its own.
"Life is a epic story. From the first sentence, something about it just hooks you in. You take every single word and burn it into your memory. All of the different chapters, happy or sad, exciting or dull, joyful or tragic, each one tells a new story to be shared with the world. But destroying the book before you finish it? How would that help anyone? They would long for an ending, something to satisfy their thirst. You have to play it through to the very end. Otherwise, you'll break more hearts than you can possibly imagine."

There! I said it. Opening his eyes, he looked straight into her own eyes. She grabbed him and buried her face in his shirt. "T-they *hic* w-wanted to *hic* get rid of me. *hic* They didn't *hic* w-want me*hic*from the beginning.*hic*"
"What do you think made them change their minds?"
She looked up at him, tears streaming from her eyes. "W-what?"
"They didn't want you to begin with, right? So, why do you think they kept you all these years? Cared for you? Give you a home? If they wanted you to die so badly, then why did they let you live?"
Sincerely,
Masquerade1412

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:39 pm

Good goin Xavier! thought Kaya. She stayed outside, making sure no demons came near the pair.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:35 am

Keedra came out of her car, holding the box with the kitten inside. She saw Kaya and asked, "Kaya, what's going on?" She felt an evil presence. "Never mind. Stay out here, okay? This isn't something you can handle. You're far too young. Here, hold this. Whatever you do, don't cover up the holes, ok?"
OOC: You can have her look in the box if you like.
------
Jo continued sobbing. "My stepfather said she only kept me because her parents forbade her to have an abortion. That's it."
Unbeknowst to anyone there, an invisible demon was there, whispering deceit into Jo's ear. "No one wanted you, you brat. This world is better off without you." he whispered.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:31 am

Kaya took the box. "A demon is in there, isn't it?" she whispered. She glanced inside the box and saw the cute kitten.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:19 pm

"Yes. Apparently, it's attempted to mask itself, which is why you can't sense it. Don't worry, as you get older, you'll get stronger. When that happens, you'll be able to handle them. I've fought them thousands of times myself. They are to be pitied, not hated. Remember: many of them were originally on our side." She looked away, for she knew one personally.
She walked into the chapel and saw Xavier and Jo. Good. It appears someone is helping her. "Xavier, don't worry. It's not you I'm concerned about. You're doing the right thing. However, there's someone else here." She turned around to where the aura was resonating. "You might as well show yourself. You've been discovered." she said defiantly.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:52 pm

Kaya gently stroked the kitten and watched Keedra do what she had done for many years. It had only been five years since she became an angel, but it felt more like just a few months.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Masquerade1412 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:50 pm

What? Someone else is here? Xavier looked around, but saw only Jo and Keedra. There's no one here! "What are you talking about? We're the only ones in here! I would have noticed if someone came in."
Sincerely,
Masquerade1412

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:50 am

"Not likely." Keedra said. "You don't have that ability."
At that moment, a humanlike figure appeared. It had batlike wings on its back and they looked as though they were decaying. However, its face had a strange beauty to it.
"Galen. I see you're still in his employ." Keedra said disappointedly.
"Don't you realize you're on the losing side."
"I don't know, we've beaten your boss twice already. And we had Jesus on our side."
"Did you have to mention the enemy? Do you realize how much father below hates that name?"
OOC: I'm basing my demons on the ones in The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. They called Jesus the enemy and Satan "father below". The demons were angels once, which is why Keedra knows this one.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:20 am

I wonder if that's the demon Keedra was talking about... thought Kaya. I wish I could help her...
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Masquerade1412 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:32 pm

What? What is that? She KNOWS this thing? Xavier stared in disbelief. "This is some kind of sick joke isn't it? Well, I'm not laughing!"
Sincerely,
Masquerade1412

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:01 pm

Kaya opened the box again and started to play with the kitten. That was when she noticed it's broken leg. Aw, poor thing! she thought. Suddenly, she heard in her head, I..hurt bad.... It seemed to come from the kitten. It wasn't staticy like it usually was.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:31 pm

Sharp pain. At first a dull ache, the pain had intensified until waking Catherine from her deep sleep. Cold sweat enveloped her body, as well as familiar sensations of fear. What was in the Academy?

Quick images flashed through her mind; of years ago when she was a human. Her memories were scarce, but the flashbacks of the contorted creatures bending over the mangled bodies of her parents.....

She felt sick, and rushed to the bathroom inside her small suite. Her whole body felt weak, but something in her kept her moving towards the door and down to the chapel. How she had ended up at Cross Academy, and as their assistant principal, was still a mystery.....especially knowing she was not a full-fledged angel yet. An insecurity only the other higher angels knew; a back story just as shaddy.

Her hands trembled on the door knob for a moment before allowing herself to enter. There, she quickly spotted a few students. In the middle of the scene was her overseer Keedra and the figure that has awoken her.

"What is going on in here?", she demanded, trying to hide the tremble in her voice.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:34 am

"It's no joke, Xavier." said Jo. "I'm seeing the same thing you are. Whatever you are, you don't scare me!"
"Why did you switch sides?" Keedra demanded.
"Why? Because the child I protected was murdered. I felt so cheated. She'd barely lived past the age of 11. A whole life wasted! That is the one you serve. He cares nothing for these humans he died to save!"
Galen spotted Catherine. "So, you've got some help. You never could face me on your own. The fact that we were once friends always made you hold back."
Keedra made a motion towards her hip. Instantly, she dropped her human form and became her angelic form. Wings sprouted harmlessly from her back, filling the chapel with the prism-like light emitting from the feathers. A flaming sword now appeared in her hand.
"Xavier, Jo, get out of here and go back to the gymnasium. Do not speak of this to anyone. Understand? I can handle this without you being here. Besides, you'd only endanger yourselves. You cannot help in this fight."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:46 am

Kaya stared at the kitten. I had no idea I could hear animals talk! She thought. "So, where are you from?" she asked the kitten. Don't remember. responded the kitten.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Masquerade1412 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Xavier, grabbing Jo's hand, abandoned all but one thought: I have to get her to safety! He quickly moved toward the door, but tripped on the corner of the pew. SERIOUSLY!?!?! Quickly regaining his balance, Xavier made it though the door, but then he realized. Oh, no! I left Jo inside!
Sincerely,
Masquerade1412

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Kaya looked up as Xavier came out. She'd heard everything inside. "Please hold it, and don't cover the holes." she said quickly, shoving the kitten's box in Xavier's hands, then she ran into the chapel to get Jo.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Furen » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:09 pm

"Alright students, I know you have heard it more than a few times by now but seriously, I must again tell you that we all wish you the best this Christmas season, and we want to see you have a great break" Ren cleared his throat before continuing "but this doesn't mean that you can make others lives more stressful, make it a good time for others as well as yourself, it's better to give than receive. That being said, I have a gift for all of you before the end of the day, if you choose to come get it, you are more than welcome, though..." Ren paused for a few moments "There are a few catches, you must find me on your own time, not during classes, and you can't get it from me if you are looking for me before a class of mine you attend."

With that Ren finished off the speech with the usual exit routine, and headed for the teacher's lounge, where he would spend before class as everyone would have bombarded him asking for the "Gift" he promised, he figured he'd lay low for the first period, so only those of them that really wanted that gift could get it. With that, he waited a few minutes, catching up with some colleagues before going to his first class.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:09 am

Jo saw Kaya. "Kaya, are you crazy? I don't know what's going on, but you're in the wrong place at the wrong time!"
Galen saw Kaya. "So, a novice angel? Let's see how good you are!"
"Kaya! NO!" Keedra exclaimed.
Galen concentrated energy into a fireball and aimed right at Kaya.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:49 am

Kaya grabbed Jo's hand. "Come on!" she cried, fleeing to the door.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:40 pm

"Oh no, you don't!" said the demon. "You're both staying right here!" he spoke in his own tongue.
Suddenly, Jo felt as though she were rooted to the floor. "Kaya, I can't move my legs! Help me!"
A fireball came straight for them.
"Kaya, use that force field spell I taught you! Now!" Keedra exclaimed.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:05 pm

That's right! thought Kaya. She streteched her hands up into the air, and a pale translucent dome formed around her and Jo. The fireball hit it, and fizzled out without any damage.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Masquerade1412 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:35 pm

"Jo!!!" Xavier burst into the room holding the box. "Hurry! We have to get out of here!"
Masquerade1412

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Catherine couldn't just watch this any longer; she concentrated, letting herself take what was left of her once perfect angelic form. Her hair became dark and long; her wings came forth-one full and the other halved and mangled. She knew too well of Galen's fall. A long sword materialized in her right hand, and with it she took a swing at the demon.

"Don't lat a hand on my students!", she hissed.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:18 am

The demon fell to the ground.
"Beaten...by...not...even...a...full...angel...." he cursed as he dematerialized.
"Thanks for the help, Catherine. I think you're moving up in rank, because your sword wouldn't have even cut him otherwise. Keep up the good work, my friend."
She turned to Xavier. "Not a word of this to anyone. Kaya, I'm sure everyone else is worried about you and Xavier. Jo, we need to talk."
"Why? I'm not going to say anything about this. Really." Jo asked.
"It's not that. Demons cannot create emotions, they can only work on what's already there. In other words, Galen saw the sadness in your heart. Do you want to talk about it? That's what we're here for."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying