Lord of the Rings

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby Edward » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Lane, meanwhile, had mounted his horse, and was already shooting at the wargs and orcs, constantly circling around the battle, looking for a good shot.
Edward

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:52 pm

OOC: Impressive, since spectres are basically invisible. Part of spectre mythology is that they have some ability to foresee, and if spotted, the speaker can demand a question for them to tell of.

Lyeara particially materialized; her silouette a ghostlike fog with a clear face. Her dark eyes glanced at the bard suspiciously. He had addressed her; she was bound to appear then. A few wargs were still coming toward his group.

"This is no time to worry about me, bard. Take care of the problem that lies before you."
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby KougaHane » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:01 am

Davlin seemed lost in the midst of battle. He longed for these moments where he could express his true talent. He moved with agility and grace rather than slow and brutish as is stereotypical of his race. He wielded his hammer as if it were lighter than air and drove it in with the power of a charging bull. Now four orcs surrounded him on every side. He paused for a moment to plan his move as they cautiously approached. He smiled, then drove the haft of his hammer back through the stomach of the orc approaching his back, then ripped it out and threw it at the orc in front of him, crushing the orc's skull. He quickly pulled out his mace and shield, blocked an attack from the right, and simultaneously swung out with his mace and caught the left orc across the stomach. He used the momentum from the attack to whirl around and gash the right orc across the neck, killing it instantly. He approached the left orc who's stomach he'd hit. It lie on the ground trembling. He retrieved his hammer and smashed its head, putting it out of its misery.
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Robert realized he wasn't going to get any answers. A warg attacked him. He dodged and rolled, then sliced at it with his sword.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:11 pm

The young elf kept chopping down wargs, but soon she and Aqua where also surrounded. The elf nodded to Aqua, who whipped her head around and let out a belt of fire in the elf's direction. The elf held out her sythe, and the fire hit on the red stone on it. Then the whole sythe seemed to go ablaze, and the elf began cutting down wargs faster than ever.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Edward » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Lane, now out of arrows, dismounted and charged into battle, cutting orcs and wargs alike with his sabre.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
Edward

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:31 am

Lyeara became unseen once more, but all around various orcs and wargs cried a death rattle as their heads snapped to the side and their bodies collapsed to the ground.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:38 am

Robert saw a warg sneaking up behind the elf and Aqua. He immediately ran it through.
"Always try to keep your back covered." he said.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby KougaHane » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:06 am

Davlin rushed up to Lane and smashed an attacking orc to the ground. "You make for a skilled swordsman as well as an archer." he said. "Let's charge up through the middle and split their ranks!"
KougaHane

Postby samurai10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:20 am

OOC: Gah! so many posts! I was really busy on the weekend. And I don't really get your character. Is Lynna on the good side? Or is she not really on any side?

Spectre? Did she just hear the word Spectre. She ran an orc through with her sword then looked around. A misty fog was around, though it was very hard to see, and it was materializing. Spectres were wily creatures, and they said one thing and usually meant another. They were mysteries, and Serme certainly did not want to have to deal with one now, but she guessed she would have to.

She wasn't paying attention. An orc snuck up on her and stabbed her in the arm. She came back to attention with a start and a scream. She quickly ran the orc through with her sword, then whistled. Eyolf came over to her quickly, and together, they beat a retreat. Serme knew that the others would keep the orcs busy till she was able to come back.

When they were a safe distance from the fighting scene, Serme stopped. She was panting. She opened her pack and took out some clean linen, which she wrapped tightly around her arm. She would stay here for a bit until she stopped bleeding and could see the extent of her injury.
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:40 pm

OOC: My character is a rogue one. Although her species is wily and generally cruel, she has a soft streak.

Lyeara caught the scent of blood; this was not good. This creatures were bruteful, but not the smartest. She had figured this group would go through them easily; at this rate, the would find it difficult to make it through the forest. Ascending above the tree tops, she followed the smell until spotting a young woman and her horse. Unseen, she made her way down until a few yards away from Serme. She debated for a moment, and finally made up her mind.

"Is your wound deep, young one?", she said appearing in a fulled bodied form.

She raised her hands in the air and slowly stepped closer.

"I wish you no harm. To this I promise. May I see you arm?"
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Wind » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:03 pm

OOC: if someone could help me get into this RPG by interacting with my characters that would be awesome thanks

IC: Erothwyn and Eomyrra had been traveling together for only a month. Erothwyn was an elf and Eomyrra was human, but they had something in common they were both banished from their kingdoms and they had only each other, their weapons and their horses. Eomyrra looked in the distance and she saw there was a battle going on. Orcs... She hated Orcs...
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby samurai10 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:56 am

OOC: you can bump into me while going to the battle field. :P but it really doesn't matter how you come into the story. you can choose. :D and UGH. I'm not used to RPing in third person. from here on out, my posts in this RP will be in first.

IC: "Good, the sounds of battle are decreasing,"I thought. "But there is nowhere I'm going like this. My sword arm's injured. Ugh," I thought. I was startled by a voice. "Is your wound deep, young one?" I looked around. Then I saw her. The spectre. She put her hands in the air and stepped closer. "I wish you no harm. To this I promise. May I see your arm?" she said.

I thought for a moment. Spectres were not very abundant. They were wary, wily creatures, who generally showed no mercy. But when they promised, they kept their promises. I decided to let her look at my arm. And anyway, Eyolf could make her go away if she broke her promise.

"Okay, you can," I said. It should have stopped bleeding by now though, I thought.
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Lyeara could sense Serme's distrust, but moved closer until she was croutching on the ground beside her. She bent around, surveying the arm until her lips bent into a unsatisfied frown.

"It seems fairly deep..."

The spectre hesitated for a moment. She could not let this human bled this way; it would only attract worse creatures than were lurking. Her mind was made up; she turned away and placed a hand on her chest. Concentration was key. Slowly, she withdrew a small light from inside her.

She then turned back around, concealing the light, and reached for the blade of Serme's sword. Her hand closed around it; lavender liquid began to ooze from her palm and dance down her wrist. She turned back around and re-inserted the light. When she turned back around to face the injured girl, she opened her hand were the strange colored liquid had gathered.

"May I put this on your arm? It will not hurt you, I promise."
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:25 am

wind wrote:Erothwyn and Eomyrra had been traveling together for only a month. Erothwyn was an elf and Eomyrra was human, but they had something in common they were both banished from their kingdoms and they had only each other, their weapons and their horses. Eomyrra looked in the distance and she saw there was a battle going on. Orcs... She hated Orcs...

Robert saw the two new arrivals. "Come to join in the fun?" he asked.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Wind » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:26 pm

rocklobster (post: 1443929) wrote:Robert saw the two new arrivals. "Come to join in the fun?" he asked.

Erothwyn and Eomyrra started hacking at all the orcs. They looked at all the warriors on the battlefield and attacked more orcs.
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:36 pm

The elf and the dragon where both destroying orcs as fast as they where coming at them. With each covering the other's back, they made an amazing team.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby KimHyorin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:18 pm

Berthadhiell could hear the clashing of swords from a distance. She walked toward the commotion, and when she thought she was near enough, she climbed a tree, and spotted some people fight off some orcs. A dragon eh? She didn't know they still were in existence, but she didn't really care. It was none of her business. She stayed in the tree to watch the fight. It looked very exciting.

Then again, this fight was dragging on, and starting to become boring. She yawned, and climbed down then went around the battle. She accidentally bumped into an orc, rolled her eyes, drew her sword, ran him through, put her sword back in it's sheathe, then continued walking around it. She suddenly saw a strange light. She went towards it cautiously.

An elf, a spectre, and a wolf. Interesting. She drew behind a tree and watched. Suddenly the wolf started smelling the air. It turned towards her and growled. The elf looked at it, then towards Berthadhiell.

"I know someone's there, come out."

Berthadhiell cursed, then ran in the opposite direction. "Eyolf, you know what to do," she heard a voice saying. Berthadhiell quickly climbed a tree, and whistled for Randiriel. The falcon probably wouldn't be able to do any damage to the wolf, but at least she could distract it and lead it away.
[SIZE="7"][color="Red"]~김효린[/color][/SIZE]
KimHyorin

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:12 pm

OOC: To newer members, I would like to offer the advice of not godmoding (that is, playing and/or speaking as other people's characters). RPGs are based on reaction and collaboration. Please refrain from acting as other characters.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby samurai10 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:16 pm

OOC: It's fine Phantom. She got my permission first. (In fact, i was the one who made her godmod me....:red:)And i don't think she god modded anybody else other than me.....But that is good advice. thanks for saying it. :)

IC: There was that promise again. How did I know if she was really going to keep it? Then again, I still had Eyolf with me. Just as I was going to say that she could, Eyolf growled. I looked at him, then at the trees he was looking at. I knew from the way that he was growling that there was someone there. Great! Here was a chance to stall my answer.

"I know someone's there. Come out," I said.

I heard the quick pattering feet of someone running away. "Eyolf you know what to do." He whined in reply, and took off. I looked at him running in regret. I turned back to the spectre and said, "Yeah, do what you want."

Sami-The warrior pokemon

samurai10

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:29 pm

OOC: Just making sure; old timer's bad habit.

Lyeara frowned at Serme's reaction and the tone of her voice. She sighed, shaking her head as she placed her bleeding hand on the wound.

"Spectres are not those to bleed, so our blood is rare. Bandage your arm and it will heal within hours. The pain, too, will quickly subside."

She then stood up and took a few steps back; humans were all the same. And to think she had helped one.

"The battle should be calming down; don't go running after her without the help of your comrades."

What that, she vanished.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:20 am

"Well, I guess all spectres aren't so bad after all," Robert shrugged.
OOC: Could someone please interact with me. I feel left out.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby samurai10 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:38 pm

OOC: Do remember, Rock, that I'm not at the battlescene right now, but although i will go there in this post, Lyeara isn't there either. and could someone please end the fight? it's been going on for a long time. o.o

I was startled by her sudden disappearance, but not surprised. Spectres were just like that. Though i was sorry I wasn't able to say thank you. Because of her, I could move my arm again. I decided that I trusted Eyolf enough to take care of the lone orc or whatever it was that was spying on us for a few minutes, but i thought he would need help. But since my sword arm was still sore, i would need some help. I went back to the battlefield.

Two more elves?! When would people stop coming?! I drew my sword and fought my way over to the nearest people, who were still fighting. It was unusual for such a large company of orcs and wargs to be wandering around. I began to get an uncanny feeling.

When I reached the bard and the human, both of which I did not know names, I told them, "My wolf went after something, but I do not know what he went after. I think he needs help, but my sword arm is still sore. Could you two help me?"

Suddenly I heard a howl of frustration from Eyolf. He needed help, fast. "Please!" I shouted to the two.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

samurai10

Postby KougaHane » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:18 am

rocklobster (post: 1444480) wrote:"Well, I guess all spectres aren't so bad after all," Robert shrugged.
OOC: Could someone please interact with me. I feel left out.

"Aye, that they aren't." said Davlin, returning from a momentary pause in the battle. He was covered in orc blood and a few patches of his own. "I would have liked for her to heal me as well too though," he said with a chuckle. "I've had worse before. Say, Robert, you don't seem that nervous in a fight. Have you fought much before? And what country do you come from?"

OOC: Is this before or after the events of the Hobbit and LOTR? I'm guessing before, at least before LOTR, seeing as orcs are around.
KougaHane

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:45 am

Finally Aqua and the elf killed the last of the orcs, and silently went to join the others.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:13 pm

Robert shrugged. "I really don't have someplace to call home. I'm a wandering bard. We don't have a home. And in a world like this, you need good fighting skills. I thought with Saruman dead, the orcs would be too. But they just keep coming. I wonder why?"

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:01 pm

"I have a haunch that they're part of the army that h]destroyed my hometown." said the elf. Her face turned sad for a moment.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby samurai10 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:08 pm

OOC could someone please pay attention to my last post? i was talking to Rock and Ed. and you guys are ignoring me. >.< This is why the rule to read every post comes in! Kouga, Rock, i was NOT near the battlefield when phantom was healing me. there could be no possible way for you two to see me.

And Kouga, i'm thinking that this is happening in the period between The Hobbit and LOTR. Of course, Saruman is not dead.....

Sami-The warrior pokemon

samurai10

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:44 am

OCC: Yeah Miss Samu! Arigato.

Meanwhile, in the darkest places of the kingdom, in a secluded and hidden place, a dark lord under the service of Saruman sat amidst his servants of blue hairs and packs of wild hounds. He sat, tapping his chin whiskers, gazing into his seeing glass with interest at the scene in the Rohan Woods. Then something caught his eye; anger stirred inside of him.

How? How could one of his people....how could she!?! He slammed his fists against the arms of his great chair, sending ripples to break up the nearby earth in his sanctum.

"Baris...", he said in a dark, cool voice.

A large black dog walked forth and bowed its head.

"Bring her back to me. Alive."
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:25 am

When I reached the bard and the human, both of which I did not know names, I told them, "My wolf went after something, but I do not know what he went after. I think he needs help, but my sword arm is still sore. Could you two help me?"

"Sure thing." said Robert.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying