Lord of the Rings

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Lord of the Rings

Postby Midori » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:55 pm

GM shall be samurai10. Have fun!
Midori

Postby samurai10 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:12 pm

woohoo! let's get this party started! high-fives all around!

Serme was tracking down the group of orcs on horseback. She had come upon their tracks a few days ago. Under her breath, she renewed the vow of vengeance she had made 15 years ago. She would not fail!

She suddenly reared in her horse and sniffed the air. She was close. Smiling grimly, she dismounted, and whispered a few words to her horse in it's ear. It whinnied, then ran in the opposite direction. She looked at the wolf trailing her. "Go with him, Eyolf. These orcs are mine." It whined, then ran off.

She started off on the trail again. Closer, closer. She was getting closer. Suddenly, she came upon them. She smiled grimly, then climbed a tree. She took an arrow from her quiver, nocked it, aimed, and fired. The orc she killed died without a sound. It thumped on the ground. She took another arrow, and went through the same process. This time, an orc saw the arrow coming, and stared at her, then started shouting in the vile orc language. "You can't do anything now, unless you put this tree on fire," she said to herself. With another arrow, she killed it. 3 down, 7 left. she slid down the tree, and drew her sword, with her back against a tree. All drew their weapons. one rushed her, and she feinted, then killed it. They all rushed her. She smiled again. With amazing agility, she ducked and weaved, killing 2 in the process. The remaining four orcs drew near cautiously. "No amount of cautiousness can save you now, not when you're in my eyes." She suddenly started running in the opposite direction. With a roar, the four orcs followed. She led them on, then suddenly turned, and killed another one. With a swipe of her sword, another was down. Two left. She ran to the nearest tree, and climbed up, dropping her sword. She took out another arrow, and missed. Cursing, she took another one, aimed, and fired. This time, it was on target. One left. She slid down the tree again, and picked up her sword, ran it through. All, dead. She smiled as she withdrew her sword. suddenly, she saw a movement from the woods to her left. She quickly looked and saw the tip of a cloak peeking out from behind the tree. She called out, "I can see you, come out."

OOC: openings for whoever wants to be the one behind the tree. DD, your dragon, can he not be full grown? thanks.
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Edward » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:27 pm

"I think you forgot one", said Lane as he knocked an arrow and fired into a tree some distance away. The arrow struck its target and with a sharp yelp, another orc fell out of the tree and hit the ground with a dull thump, its back broken from the fall.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby KougaHane » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:14 pm

A strong Dwarf approaches the scene, examining the handiwork of the two archers. "It looks you find trouble on a regular basis," he says in a thick Dwarven accent. "And I'm looking for trouble." He grins and shifts his mace from hand to hand. "Allow me to travel with ye, I can provide decent enough protection if it's what ye want, or if it's beast ye need slain, I'll fight to my last breath. My name's Davlin."
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:23 am

A travelling bard entered the scene on horseback.
"Hm, wonder if I can find an audience here." he thought.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:10 am

Suddenly there where screams in the bushes as several other orcs where killed. A young elf zipped out of the trees and landed right in the middle of the group. "I took care of the rest of them." she said. A dragon the size of a horse flew down to the group.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby samurai10 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:17 am

Serme looked suspiciously at all. She had trust issues. A day like this had not happened for an extremely long time. Four people, just rambling through the woods, and happen to bump into each other.

"Thanks," she said in a controlled voice to the two who had finished off the orcs. She looked at the person on horseback. His clothes seemed to denote that he was a bard. Pah, she didn't like poems or songs. Too many memories. but if he asked for an audience, she would politely listen.

"Yes, i do find trouble regularly," she said to the dwarf. "But I also look for it, and glory in the moments that i am in it. My name's Serme."

She looked towards the elf. "What is that?" she asked, indicating the animal that had flew with her. It was the size of a horse, and was scaly. Serme had never seen the likes of it in all her travels.

OOC: wait, orcs can climb trees? i didn't know that. O.O you guys can also slow down a bit. I'm a bit busy right now, so it might take time for me to post. but yeah. thanks for joining, everybody! :jump:
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:19 am

ooc: Lol. XD
BIC: "Have you never seen a dragon before?" asked the Elf in amazement. Inside her head she could feel Aqua fuming. Not know about dragons?! she can't be serious!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby KougaHane » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:24 pm

"Well it appears we're all looking for something." said Davlin. He looks around at the group. "I'm looking for my wife, but I have no idea where she could be. Spirited off by a foulest band of goblins in the middle of the night." He hangs his head, then regains composure and looks up. "But," he laughs "I've spirited off twice as many goblins as they have dwarves." He looks at the dragon respectfully. "I've not seen one of those since Oakenshield's time. Fiercest of fighters, dragons. This group sure won't go down easy. Who's leading, and to where?"

OOC: For any who don't know, Oakenshield refers to Thorin Oakenshield, leader of the Dwarvish adventurers that faced Smaug with Bilbo and Gandalf at the Lonely Mountain in J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit. Also, What nation of Middle-Earth are we in?
KougaHane

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Robert's horse was spooked by the dragon. "Hey you there, elf. Your dragon's not gonna eat my horse, is it?" he asked.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:52 pm

"I don't eat horses." said the aqua colored dragon in a-matter-of-fact-way.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Edward » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:11 pm

"Do you eat orcs?", asked Lane, "because I don't want something following us to wherever it is we are headed after seeing our handiwork here."
Edward

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:37 pm

"Does that mean there's going to be a fight?" Robert took out his sword. "I'll help if you need it. I'm no expert, but I can defend myself pretty well."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:11 pm

"We've been tracking a specific band of orcs that was led by humans. They killed everyone in my village and burned it." said the elf. "And They also destroyed my family." said the Aqua dragon. "We've tracked them as far as here, and I believe they are gong towards the East." continued the elf.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby samurai10 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:14 pm

sorry to delay.

Serme still was suspicious. How did she know that these people really were who they said they were? And who the heck would just spill out the fact that their wife was missing? And dragons weren't supposed to exist! Family? Yes, perhaps with a huge army of orcs, they could kill a family of dragons. She decided to go along with them, but she would never stop watching. She said, "Oh, I see. So, do you come from the House of Elrond? or are you a Wood Elf, who's home is deep within Mirkwood? Or are you from Lothlorien? I'm going to be right back first, I'm going to call back my wolf and horse." Without a word, I went to the trees on the right. Then I howled long, calling Eyolf and telling him to bring Ashanti with him. I heard an answering howl. He was coming.

I went back. "So?"

Sami-The warrior pokemon

samurai10

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:23 pm

ooc: Someone please tell me what the elves from the House of Elrond is like?
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby KougaHane » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:33 pm

ooc:

All I can offer is to go wikipedia Elrond and Rivendell. The elves of the house of Elrond are High elves (I think) whereas the elves of Mirkwood and Lothlorien are Wood elves. The Elves of Rivendell don't seem to have as much attachment to nature as the Wood elves do. They a bit more dignified (even though the most undignified elf is more dignified than any human XD). This is all rough guesswork based on their architecture.

I'll include a picture of Rivendell and Lothlorien just so you can look at them side by side and see the differences

Rivendell
http://drmitsch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/rivendell-1-cropped.jpg

Lothlorien
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_M2w-bXYi0EE/THY5DBEA1JI/AAAAAAAADSo/hbHT7nLl6kk/s1600/lothlorien+(1).jpg

I'm a Tolkien nerd XD
KougaHane

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:00 pm

ooc: Thank Kouga!
BIC: "I am of the Lothlorien." said the elf.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby samurai10 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:11 pm

OOC: Sorry this took forever..... I was extremely busy over the weekend. And I've changed my mind. We're near the Gap of Rohan. Definitely. And Wind, I have an idea, I'll PM you about it.

"Hm. Okay." I drew myself up. "I can go with you guys. But, I cannot trust any of you. You and you especially," pointing at the dwarf and the dragon. "Who in their right mind goes blurting out to complete strangers that their wife is missing? And you, dragons are supposed to be non-existant. How am I to trust you, when your race is supposed to be dead?"

Sami-The warrior pokemon

samurai10

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Robert asked "Is there anything I can do to help?"

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:52 pm

"You might be surprised as to how many dragons there are left in the world." said the dragon.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:55 pm

From safe distance and under the comforting cover of the forest canopy top, Lyeara watched the group of elves, dwarf, and dragon with great interest. An unliking bunch, especially in this area of Rohan. Her eyebrow arched as temptation itched her. So many people! She was under a duty to meet her "quota", and she had not been very successful. So was the power system of the spectre race. Like a silent fog, she moved in closer to hear what they were saying.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby KougaHane » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Davlin shifted impatiently. "As interesting as our conversation is, are we going to move now? I have an uneasy feeling about staying here longer than need be."
KougaHane

Postby samurai10 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:35 pm

"Yes, we should probably get going now."

A wolf and a horse suddenly came out of the trees. "Ah good, I was just about to go without you." I got into Ashanti's saddle, then said, "Come on, let's go." I was just about to ride off when a manical laughing noise suddenly came from the woods to the left. I immediately knew what that meant. Wargs. And a lot of them from the sound of it. They'd probably have some orcs with them. Great. A large fight was incoming. A smile came over my face and I said, "Looks like we've got some company." I got off Ashanti and whispered to him to run and find some shelter. With a whinny, he ran off. I drew my sword and said, "Let's do this!"

OOC: MY CHARACTER IS CHEESY, I KNOW, FORGIVE ME FORGIVE ME!!!!

Sami-The warrior pokemon

samurai10

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:27 pm

ooc: It's ok!
BIC: The elf went into fighting stance, her sythe at the ready. "You know what to do Aqua." she said to the dragon. Aqua nodded, and shifted so that they where back to back.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby KougaHane » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:03 am

Davlin looked at the company of adventurers for a moment and then to the wargs. He slowly began to smile and raised his hammer. "Khazad-dûm!" he roared, as he charged toward the wargs and planted his hammer in the closest jaw.
KougaHane

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:06 pm

The elf swung her sythe at an approaching warg, then she turned to the bard. "Bard, do you have any weapons?" she asked.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:03 pm

The spectre spotted the wargs and frowned; no way would these lowlife creatures have all the fun. Silently and unseen, she swirled around them like a silent wind. Easily, she had silently offed a few that were carrying the back of the attack.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:40 am

The elf kept watch of the black fog while she and Aqua started attaccking wargs. specter, no doubt. she thought.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:52 am

Robert eyed the spectre warily. "What's your purpose here, spectre?" he demanded.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying