Harry Potter: The Next Generation

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Harry Potter: The Next Generation

Postby rocklobster » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:35 am

<Moderator notice: This thread may contain spoilers, so be warned if you haven't read all of the books.>

A long time ago, we actually had a Harry Potter RPG. The problem was, it was based purely on speculation about the true ending (it was done before Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was published). So I thought, why not revive it, but this time get it right? So, here's the scenario.
It has been 19 years since the events in the books. Harry Potter's children are beginning their training at Hogwarts. But what new terrors await? Voldemort was finished, but there is talk that a greater evil awaits in the wings.
Canon characters are allowed, but remember: you can only use canon characters that are alive at the end of the series. Sorry, Snape fans.
There are two character sheets. One for teachers, and one for students.
Professors/Staff:
Name:
Physical Description:
Personality:
Bio:
Extra:
Students:
Name:
House: (Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin)
Physical Description
Bio:
Extra:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby OfficerSting » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:26 pm

I really like this idea. Okay, here's my character (student).

Name: Noah Gene
House: Ravenclaw
Physical Description: Noah is 6 feet tall and is of average build. He has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. His skin is somewhat pale.
Bio: Noah was born to two muggle parents in Northern Ireland. When Noah became aware of his magical ability, he immediately wanted to know more about his powers. His wish was granted when Hogwarts officials sent him a letter. Noah, after a long series of discussions with his parents, set off for Hogwarts. Currently, it is his 6th year at Hogwarts.
Extra: Noah's motivation for wanting to further his magical talents is because he wants to better the world for all people. Noah is a true gentleman, who treats people with respect. However, Noah is no pushover, and he will gladly challenge those who perform evil deeds. Noah, however, is not perfect: he can be very paranoid, jealous, and sarcastic at times.
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [SIZE="2"]Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)[/SIZE]
OfficerSting

Postby rocklobster » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:18 pm

Good work. BTW, I am considering having Harry Potter be a Quidditch coach or the Defense Against The Dark Arts Professor. If anyone could overcome that curse, it would have to be Harry.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:52 am

I've decided to double-post to give you folks the characters I'm portraying:
1. Name: Joseph Pertwee
Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Physical Description: He has white hair and gray eyes. He stands about 5' 9".
Here's a picture: Image
Note: I based him on Jon Pertwee, a British actor.

Personality: Pertwee presents himself as a somewhat dignified person. But at the same time he has a clever wit and has an amiable air about him. He enjoys to challenge his students, seeing them as "clay figures that he must mold into warriors."
Bio: Pertwee is a former student of Hogwarts and looks upon his years at the school with reverence. They were the best years of his life. When he heard of Dumbledore's death, he immediately came to the school after Voldemort had been defeated. He felt he owed it to the school to help the new generation of students who would be attending.
Extra: He has a very noticeable British accent.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Silent Seraph » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:27 pm

I like it rock! I'll get back to you on the character template and i don't know how much time i can attribute to it because of Basketball and the Unwind RP but i'll try.
Life verse. Corinthians 9:27 [color="Cyan"]No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.[/color]

[color="Cyan"]If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.
Hei (Darker Than Black)[/color]

God. Family. Athletics.

[color="Cyan"][font="Arial Black"]M.O.E.S.-[/font][/color]Safe from the Scroll

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators and Administrators.
Silent Seraph

Postby KougaHane » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:20 am

Here's my character hope it's ok

Name: Cassius Trafford
House: Slytherin
Physical Description: Cassius comes from a poor magical family in London. He was accepted into Hogwarts because he showed a knack for picking up spells that were beyond his level very quickly. He is now in his fifth year. He has shoulder-length black hair and dark green eyes. He is rather skinny and below average height, but commands a certain aura of fear about him when students who are younger than him are around. Rumor has it he wishes to learn the Dark Arts.
Extra: His wand is a white ivory color with no appearance of flaw in its design, made by Ollivander's succesor.
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby rocklobster » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:23 am

I take it Cassius is our new antagonist? Good, we need one.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby KougaHane » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:10 am

XD alright
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby Edward » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:57 pm

Name: Horace Ignatius Black (is not a member of House Black)
Description: Tall, pale, with a hairstyle that resembles that of Edward Elric, gray eyes, black hair, wears glasses
Bio: Shows great talent in Potions class and Defence Against the Dark Arts. Is above average at other subjects. His father works in the Department of Mysteries, and his mother is a reporter for the Daily Prophet.
Extra: Loves learning and reading, because he is such a responsible student, he is often allowed into the restricted section. Sometimes his curiosity gets the better of him, but he is one of the good guys, and hopes to work in the Auror office for the Ministry of Magic.
Edward

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:21 am

not bad. I'm gonna look at my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows before I post my character. I want to get Harry Potter's kids names right.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Wind » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Name:Lily Potter
House: Gryffindor
Bio: She is the daughter of Harry Potter and Jenny Weasley
Extra:

pic of Lily potter(except she has dark red hair)

Name:Sa'ra Snape
Bio: She is Professor Snape's Niece
Extra: She has a pet Snake Named Shadow

pic of sa'ra (expect her hair is ankle length and kept in one long braid)
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Atria35 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Name: Scorpius Malfoy

Physical Description: Could practically be his father's twin at that age. Grey eyes, pale blonde hair, and a pale, pointed face. A bit on the gangly side, but filling out with muscle.

Bio: The son of Draco Malfoy and Astoria Malfoy (nee Greengrass), he is the same age as Albus Potter and Rose Weasley. He was raised in Malfoy Manner, and has many of his mother's high-class pretentions, though his father is a bit more subdued about his.

Extra: He sees Rose Weasley as his rival in classes (friendly rivalry, but an intense one). Excells in Transfiguration and Divination. His wand is mahogany with a core of hypogriff talon.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:35 am

Oh and Wind, It's Ginny Weasley, not Jenny. Forgot to mention that.
Name: Rose Weasley
Physical Description: Rose takes after both her parents. She has her mother's eyes and her father's trademark red hair. She also has freckles, the one trait she resents. She's often lamented about the freckles being a dominant trait in Weasley DNA. (IIRC, Ron has freckles in the first two books)
Extra: Has a pet cat named Kestra. Kestra is actually a descendant of Crookshanks. (Why not?)
Bio: Rose is the daughter of Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. She realized early on that she has mighty big shoes to fill with three of Hogwarts' best students in her family tree, not to mention the fact that all three of them defeated Voldemort. As a result she often wonders if she'll ever live up to the expectations everyone has of her. She has a friendly rivalry with Scorpius, who's often tried to tell her not to be concerned about her pedigree. As he put it "Besides, be glad you don't have to worry about people comparing you to Lucius Malfoy."
All right, I'm submitting this.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Still taking characters?
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Yes, but I thought you were against Harry Potter. Have you been reading the books and changing your opinion? If so, I have an excellent idea. There's a character in the books who is tailor made for you: Minerva McGonnagall. Although I doubt she'd still be alive. But then, you could just make up an offspring who we never met. (She appears to be unmarried in the books, but her private life is never discussed.) If you want, I can help you with that. She was one of my favorite teachers.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Midori » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:39 am

Okay, looks like you've got enough members for this RPG, though more can join later right? Sorry I didn't get to this earlier. Here you go: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=57447
Midori

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Hey, what if my character was experimented on evil wisards, or somethin? (I've never read or watched Harry Potter, so I dunno if it'll work or not.)
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Atria35 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Diamond Dragon (post: 1441924) wrote:Hey, what if my character was experimented on evil wisards, or somethin? (I've never read or watched Harry Potter, so I dunno if it'll work or not.)

"Was experimented on evil wizards"? Do you mean he was exerimented on by evil wizards or was experimenting on evil wizards?
Atria35

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:57 pm

I mean SHE was experemented BY evil wisards. Sorry bout that.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Atria35 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:24 pm

Diamond Dragon (post: 1441937) wrote:I mean SHE was experemented BY evil wisards. Sorry bout that.

Tha'ts okay- but the wording is still off. Was she the experiment or did she do the experimenting?
Atria35

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:36 pm

(Boy, I can be so stupid somethimes.....) The experiment was on her.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Sorry for double post, but Rock made this character for me. Thank you!

Name: Kyrie Terrence-Lovegood
Physical Description: Kyrie is the spitting image of her mother. She has a cherubic face and blonde hair that she wears down to her shoulders. She is almost never seen without a smile.
Bio: Kyrie is the daughter of Luna Lovegood, a good friend of Harry Potter's. She is excited about starting at Hogwarts.
Personality: Kyrie seems to have inherited her mother's quirky personality. She seems to say random stuff all the time, causing her to become something of an outcast, not that she cares.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Atria35 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Hrm. I wouldn't say that the things Luna said were random, but they were odd.... she was a tad spacey, to say the last! :lol:

But it'll be cool to have you RP'ing with us! So, are you planning on actually reading the series sometime?
Atria35

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:29 pm

I dunno, really.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:33 am

Yeah, Luna was spacey, but we loved her all the same :hug: (I love weirdos, especially cute ones)

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Silent Seraph » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:58 pm

not gonna lie i was kind of creeped by your last statement rock (from Nintendo DSi)
Life verse. Corinthians 9:27 [color="Cyan"]No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.[/color]

[color="Cyan"]If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.

God. Family. Athletics.

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators and Administrators.
Silent Seraph

Postby rocklobster » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:35 am

I just mean I thought she was a cute character. That's all.
OK, since Wind is playing LIly, I might as well play her twin brother
Name: James
Physical Description: James seems pretty close to his father. He has the same eyes and hair, but unlike his father, he doesn't need glasses.
Bio: James is the son of Harry Potter. He is anxious to be just as good as his father. He has good sense and is quite loyal.
Extra: He has a pet owl that is descended from Hedgwig. Its name is Florence.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Silent Seraph » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:06 pm

hey guys i was just browsing @ your characters this weekend and thought that I'd tally up the amount of students in each house for you and here are the results so far
Hufflepuff- 0 this saddens me
Slytherin- 3 surprises me didn't know slime was so appealing XD
Ravenclaw- 2 not unusual since most of us at CAA are nerds
Gryffindor-(sure I spelled that wrong) 3, typical,everyone wants to be the "Boy Who Lived" I suppose :)

Well thats it....hopefully I'll be done with my character soon

God. Family. Athletics.

Silent Seraph

Postby Silent Seraph » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:29 pm

i apologize for double posting but what year is it? and how old is everyone, i'm trying to make my character accordingly...

God. Family. Athletics.

Silent Seraph

Postby Atria35 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Silent Seraph (post: 1443288) wrote:i apologize for double posting but what year is it? and how old is everyone, i'm trying to make my character accordingly...

UMMM well, it's a rough guess, but it's about 2020- the HP wiki says my charrie was born about 2006, and started attending in 2017. And since my charrie is 14 in the RP, 2020 is the way to go. But your character can be anywhere from (if a student) 11 to 17, I believe.
Atria35

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying