Physical Graffitti

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:15 am

"Well, um, this is a surprise." said Calvin. He had heard of Robyn. If you hadn't, you simply hadn't lived in the town long enough. "First of all, we aren't a typical rock band. We're not into depraving ourselves. We want to be like those Christian rock bands that are actually ones you can bring your kids to. We want to be a good influence. I'm Calvin, I play keyboards and recorder and I also provide lead vocals unless I think the song should be sung by a girl. That's Ricky on the drums. We've been friends for ages. Narissa is our rhythm guitarist and Ambrose does the solos."
ooc: Diamond Dragon and Samurai10's characters can introduce themselves.
He turned to Ricky. "Hey, Ricky, why don't we show the audience just how good you are on those drums?"
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby samurai10 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:47 am

OOC: What i'm about to say happened before Calvin asked Ricky to demonstrate.

She started, then said in the politest way she possibly could when in the state of high exitement, "I'm Ruman. Nice to meet you."
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Ricky rolled his eyes, but nodded at the newcomers anyway. Here we go, he thought. First Pat Benatar covers, now record execs, and pretty soon, we'll be sliding down into mediocrity. That Robyn girl just stripped the soul out of music - he knew, because he had heard of her. Sure, she was local, but she had done something or other with some bigger company, and if these two were involved with her... This wasn't going to end well.

Still, it wouldn't be bad to release an EP or two, just so the true music connoisseurs of the future knew they existed. "So," he called out, "can you play or what?"
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby rocklobster » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:15 am

Calvin sighed. Sometimes Ricky's wishes that they remain obscure were annoying. What's the point of being discovered if you don't want to remain obscure? Besides, some acts never sold out, even when they became popular.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:09 pm

Eriko blushed deep red, not from meeting these people, but how her sensei had been addressed. She still held fast to the Japanese customs her mother instilled in her; addressing an elder in such a way was strictly unheard of. She could not help letting her jaw drop in disbelief.

At this point, Robyn stood up and walked up to the edge of the stage, casting her dark eyes on each member of the stage with a look that could not be disphered. She then spoke,

"I am flattered that a group your age has heard of me; I did not think I was that notorized around here. I guess my mission to be unknown has failed me. For now, though, I have stopped my touring in order to work on personal projects and teach. Although," she paused and looked at Ricky, "I am still very capable at playing a variety of things....including those drums. But that is not my mission for coming here. I am not here to play in a teen band; I am here out of the request of my student here. She wanted to see you play. My thought is...can you play?"
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:24 am

"Sure we can play!" answered Amai. And to prove it, she played a few notes on her guitar.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Ambrose felt a need to prove himself too. He immediately counted to four and played the opening riff to "Voodoo Child".

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby samurai10 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Ruman waited for Ambrose to stop playing, then, she started playing "Toccata in D Minor" from memory. She finished with a flourish, then blushed. "I know this is supposed to be a rock band, but that's the only thing i know from memory.....I'm sorry."
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Eriko beamed from hearing the old rock of Ambrose and then the familiar piece by Ruman. Robyn was not as pleased. This group was already lacking direction to her. She huffed and turned around to leave.

"Sensei!", Eriko cried out rushing for her arm, "please....I want to stay and listen to them play."

A loud huff was her reply. She took a moment before turning around to look at the group.

"You all have sheet music in front of you, correct? Then it is time to read it. A band is not a band unless there is a unity...a harmony between them. I don't doubt you all are able to sing or play an instrument; that is not all that creates a band. Come....let's see what your band actually sounds like."

She finished and sat down in the front pew and motioned for Eriko to sit aswell.

"Listen carefully," she instructed her student, "and finger through the rifts as best as you can as if you were playing. Try to feel the music."
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:10 am

Amai couldn't believe this woman. She's kinda cold she thought. Well, I guess we might as well do it
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:47 am

Calvin sighed. He'd never had an actual teacher before, so he was unsure how to act properly. Perhaps he should explain himself.
"I have to apologize. I happen to be home-schooled, so this is kind of unfamiliar to me. I mean, I've never even had a tutor." he said.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby samurai10 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:06 am

"Yes, and this is the first time that we've gotten together and practiced. I mean, i haven't heard any of us play together since we first came in. I think we have to practice at least a little bit before you can make a judgement. I mean, I haven't even met all of the people who are in this garage until today. Not saying that we can't do anything, but i'm just saying. Please be a little easier on us, since this is our first time." She blushed. "I'm sorry, i just had an outburst like that...."

OOC: Is this ok, rock?

Sami-The warrior pokemon

samurai10

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:32 pm

Robyn read everyone's faces and listened to their words; a smirk stole across her lips and her eyebrow arched slightly in amusement.

"That's better. Ensembles, whether classical or rock, are supposed to have a statement; to have a unity or brotherhood if you will. I say all of this not to sound rude or condesending, but from the experience of a fellow musician. If you would not mind, I'd like to try something with this group if it is alright..."

Robyn then circled around, coming up to the side of the stage and leaping up so that she was with the band. She motioned to Eriko, who had brought a small case with her, followed suit. The quiet girl produced a cello and stood ready for orders like an obedient soldier.

"Now...if I give Eriko here a chord, could you all just close your eyes and one at a time play something that you thinks belongs with that sound; each time layer with everyone else. After everyone has done that, vocalists add a hum and then jump in with lyrics. It doesn't have to be a song you know...make it up....make it for what music you are creating in the moment. Would you like to give that a shot?"

She directed her last sentence to Calvin, who she had taken to be the lead.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:40 am

At that moment, Calvin's mother came in. "Wow! It's you!" She said, starry-eyed. "I guess you were wrong, Calvin. Robyn, I haven't seen you in ages!"
OOC: Soran, can we make it like Calvin's mother was one of Robyn's students?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:52 am

Ricky had had enough of this sell-out teacher; what right did she have in coming in here and bossing us around, and telling us we were doing it wrong? You didn't have to have unity in a band if you could all play like demigods; you just had to take turns! (Except that he wasn't sure that everyone could play like demigods. But he could.)

And oh great, what is this? What is Cal's mom doing here? Ricky pasted a smile on his face as he got his sticks ready. He'd make this teacher pay. 7/4 time signature? No problem. Let's just see if these others could keep up.

Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:31 am

OOC: Rock, you do realize Robyn is very young.....correct?
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Robyn crossed the room, forgetting where she was going with the band, and gave the other woman a tight squeeze.

"Steph! I cannot believe it's you! I haven't seen you in forever!", she said pulling back from the embrace.

Robyn had known Stephanie back in high school; she had been both like a sister and best friend to her, especially because of being five years younger than most incoming freshmen. She looked at her friend whom she had since for a good ten years. Steph was as beautiful, with that same big smile and slightly worried look in her eyes.

"It's been too long. I had no idea that the little rugrat I saw you holding last time is actually all grown up. Looks like you have passed down some music genes."
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:14 pm

RUGRAT? thought Amai. If she was talking about me, I would be really mad right now. she glanced at Calvin, wondering what his responce would be.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:29 am

Calvin immediately called a huddle.
"OK everyone," he whispered, hoping Robyn and his mother wouldn't hear. "We could probably afford to listen to her advice. I mean, all my favorite bands worked together to produce their sound. I've often felt if you can't identify at least two of the members, the band wasn't all that unified. She seems like she could be of help." He looked over at the new girl with the cello. And this girl is actually pretty. I definitely have to get to know this girl. "Um, you with the cello? I'm sorry if I'm coming across too forward, but what's your name?"
----------
Stephanie blushed. "Yes, Calvin is quite the musical talent. God gave me a wonderful gift and I cherish him greatly. After all, it's rare to have a child with Asperger's syndrome. I'm trying my best to instill a good Christian faith in him, so I homeschool him. So, who's this teenage girl with you? One of your students?"

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Amai nodded silently. That makes sense. And who is that other girl? she thought to herself.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:16 pm

The Asian girl blushed brightly, covering her face with the cuff of her ruffled sleeve.

"Eriko.... Copeland-sensei is a old family friend. She has been teaching my for seven years. I know she is....well.....rude, but that is just her personality. She really is very kind. Umm...I don't want to impose on your band either.....it's....it's just.....I have always wanted to play ensemble.....if you don't want me to..."
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:34 pm

Ricky tried to speak up in the huddle - he wanted that teacher out of here, as fast as possible. Forget about the cello player or whatever, they were playing Pat Benatar with a recorder, for goodness' sake! Now THAT was scraping the bottom of the instrumental barrel. What were they, fourth graders? He tried to stop Cal as he spoke, but couldn't get a word in edgewise, and before he could react, he was already talking to that girl about joining the band! So much for that little conference.

He nudged the guitar chick - Amana, Am-something? "Hey, let's go ditch these dolts and make our own band! We've got drums and a guitar, and you can sing, kinda, so we could be the next White Stripes. Or maybe Baikonour, if we got a bass..."

Davidizer13

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:09 am

Eriko went pale as she made out the whispers the drummer was passing to another girl; she could feel the humiliation sweep over her. Her heart became heavy, and she could feel the hot tears collecting in her eyes.

"I'm...I'm sorry....I'm sorry to bother you....I'm sorry I even came!", she said almost shouting.

The girl hugged her cello close to her, dropping her bow, and raced for the door. Her driver and guard were resting outside and were rather startled when their young mistress came bolting out of the building. They didn't have time to ask her any questions as she threw open the car door and flung herself inside. The driver went to his seat and started the engine. Her guard, Yamada, started to shut the door on Eriko, when a tiny hand grabbed his jacket. He smiled, knowing the girl since she was a baby, and crawled in. She threw her arms around him and buried her head in his chest, letting the tears fall freely. The older man patted her head reassuringly as the car sped off out into open road.

Robyn had been engrossed with her conversation with Stephanie when suddenly a black blur rushed passed her, a door slammed, and the sound of screeching tires faded into the distance. What in Sam Hill had just happened? She turned with hot, flashing eyes to the group of kids on the stage. Her fists clenched and she could feel her face grow warm with anger.

"Really?! Really!?! I don't know what exactly happened, but whatever it was and whomever it was, I hope you are real proud of yourself. Because it's totally cool to hurt a girl's feelings. Yeah, you are so awesome. Congratulations!", she said bursting with harsh words cutting with sarcasm. She swore some under her breath. " Besides a teacher and musician, I am a producer always in the search of new talent. You have only one chance to make a good first impression, so think about what impression your group has actually made. This is no band; it's a group of stubborn individuals that are letting pride stomp their dreams before they even start up."

She turned to leave, putting a hand on Stephanie's shoulder.

"I'd like to stay, but it's things like this make me glad that I became a soloist. I talk to you soon."

With that, she turned and walked out the double doors, and down the stairs. It'd be a long walk back to her student's mansion.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby samurai10 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:31 am

With a glare at Ricky, who's words she had heard, since she was on the other side of him, Ruman spoke up. "Wait! Please!" Robyn stopped, then turned around and looked hard at Ruman, who trembled under the stare, but did not back down.

"On behalf of the band, I'm sorry. Somebody accidentally hurt your student," with this, she glared at Ricky, "but I'm sure he wasn't expecting her to do that. I'm very sorry. Your student rushed out so fast, I couldn't stop her. Please. I do think that your advice would be very helpful. Since we are just starting, and I don't think that any of us have really been in a real band before, I really do think that your advice will be very helpful. Please stay."

Sami-The warrior pokemon

samurai10

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:02 am

Amai cast a disgusted glance at Ricky before speaking up as well. "It was an accident! I'm sure Ricky here never meant what he said." and she poked Ricky with the head of her guitar. If we where alone, I would've hit him with it. she thought.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:45 pm

Calvin sighed. "Ricky, I think you need to go. Just because your favorite bands keep selling out doesn't mean we will. I use my recorder because I want to be different. I mean, didn't you say different makes you awesome?" He approached his mom.
"You don't need to apologize for Ricky. We've known for years how much of a pain he can be. Frankly, I'm surprised you put with him."
"OK, everyone." Calvin sighed. "Practice's over. I'm gonna try and save face with my mom's friend privately later. Wish me luck. I think if I see her alone it might work out better."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:22 pm

"Ok Calvin. Break a leg." said Amai. She edged up to Ricky. "If you something like that again, I swear, I'll beat the daylights outta you." she growled.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:44 pm

samurai10 (post: 1439569) wrote:With a glare at Ricky, who's words she had heard, since she was on the other side of him, Ruman spoke up. "Wait! Please!" Robyn stopped, then turned around and looked hard at Ruman, who trembled under the stare, but did not back down.

"On behalf of the band, I'm sorry. Somebody accidentally hurt your student," with this, she glared at Ricky, "but I'm sure he wasn't expecting her to do that. I'm very sorry. Your student rushed out so fast, I couldn't stop her. Please. I do think that your advice would be very helpful. Since we are just starting, and I don't think that any of us have really been in a real band before, I really do think that your advice will be very helpful. Please stay."

OOC: Umm, for future note, please do not "act" for my characters. I don't care for it very much. Please PM me with ideas.

Robyn had not heard any of what had been said; she was already on her phone, calling Eriko. No answer. Geez....what a pain! At least she was in town and a few miles from her house. If nothing else, she could either go home and wait, or get on her bike and ride over to check on her student. Whatever she was going to do, it was going to involve getting out of this chilling weather.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:09 am

Calvin grabbed two coats, one for himself and one for spare.
"What are you doing?" his mom asked.
"You'll see. I got a plan."
He got on his bike. A few blocks down, he saw Robyn and flagged her down.
"Ms, I got a coat and I think there's room on my bike for us. If you don't mind, I can give you a ride home."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Robyn stopped and glared at Calvin for a moment, then at the coat he held out for her. A grin broke across her face before quickly fading.

"I can see where you are Stephanie's kid. She always was super nice. I'll take the coat, thank you, but I'd prefer to walk back to my house. I have a Harley in the garage, so I'll ride over to Eriko's and get it. You are more than welcome to come."

She then slid in the coat, though small, and kept walking. Her house was not that far off. Hidden in the woods on the outskirts of the southern part of the city, the homey cabin was contradictory of the big-wig stereotype she put up with. Beside the house was a small garage. Robyn hurried up and unlocked it, and within a minute, a loud purr of an engine filled the air, and a helmeted figure on a slim, black motorcycle emerged. SHe drove up to Calvin and his bike, and offered him a more protective helmet, pointing to her passenger seat.
Phantom_Sorano

Previous Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying