Physical Graffitti

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Physical Graffitti

Postby rocklobster » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:29 pm

I've been watching Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad and it gave me an idea: Who doesn't go through the "Wanting-to-be-a-musician" phase at some point in his/her life? Well that's what this RPG is all about: A group of starry-eyed high school students who all have one thing in common: they all want to be in a successful rock band. They've even come up with the perfect name: Physical Graffitti, after a Led Zeppelin album (hence the name of the RP). So, here's where you can fit in. You can either be a bandmate, or you can be someone else in on the story (such as a manager, producer, wide-eyed fan, you get the idea.).
Here's the sign-up sheet:
For the band-mates:
Name:
Age: (we're in high school, so reasonable high school age. And no ten-year-old child prodigies, please. Sorry Azumanga Daioh.)
Musical Talent: (which musical instrument will your bandmate play? Or will he/she just sing? And yes, since Jethro Tull had a flutist, I'll accept nonconventional musical talent)
Personality/History:
Physical Description: The hair color, eye color, things like that.
Extra (if needed):
For everyone else: (the managers, fans, disgruntled former bandmates, parents, love interests, etc)
Name:
Age: (since this isn't the core cast, you can be older than high school)
Personality/History:
Physical Description:
Extra:
----------------
Here's my character to start things going:
Name: Calvin Dorland
Musical Talent: Keyboards and singing. He also started playing the recorder after discovering the Patrick Troughton version of Doctor Who.
Personality/History: Calvin spent most of his time home-schooled because his parents didn't like the curriculum the public schools were "attempting to brainwash him with" (their words). When he's not proving to the state that he is learning, he spends his time on his dream. He can talk for hours about his favorite bands and has a HUGE CD collection. He's also a sci-fi nut, and his favorite show is Doctor Who (in case you haven't guessed, Calvin's an author avatar). His favorite writers are C.S. Lewis and Robert Heinlein.
Physical Description: Hair: Brown with blue bangs. Eyes: Brown Height: 6' 1" Weight: 156 lbs.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Wind » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Name: Larissa King
Nickname: Shadow
Musical Talent: She can sing, play the piano, and play the guitar
Personality:She has a really loud boisterious personality. She can be over the top and sometimes gets treated like a freak, which she doesn't mind.
History:daughter of a pair of famous rock musicians she is trying to live up to her parent's expectations.
Physical Description: Image
Extra (if needed):this is Larissa's guitar

Name: Ambrose and Kamari Giordano
Nicknames: Feare(Ambrose),Ace of Spades(Kamari)
Musical Talent: Ambrose can sing and play lead guitar,Kamari can Sing and play bass guitar.
Personality: Ambrose is more the quiet internalizing type unless he is singing and Kamari is the always getting in trouble I don't have to listen to you type of personality
History: They are the children of italian ambassador to india and his east indian wife.
Physical Description: Image Ambrose on the Left and Kamari on the right
Extra (if needed): this is a pic of their guitars. The black one is Kamari's Guitar and The White one is Ambrose's
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:06 pm

band-mates
Name: Amai Koanra
Musical Talent: Electric guitar and singer. http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/images/products/Dean%20RAZORBACK%207-String%20255%20WhiteBlack%207-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg
Personality/History: She's a real rocker who loves any music that's fast paced and has lots of elictric guitar in it. Bold and brash, she also strives for perfection. She was an orphan from birth, and was adopted by a young couple when she was thirteen.
Physical Description: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime+short+black+hair/hnanimegrl88/black%2520hair%2520girls/1195337839_Blackhair_1_.jpg
Extra (if needed):
She LOVES pocky.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:29 am

Very good characters, people. All accepted. OK, we need drummers and/or a horn section now. I'm still looking for supporting cast members. These can be love interests, neighbors, etc.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:51 am

Lemme cook you up a drummer:

Name: Ricky Damon
Musical Talent: He plays the drums. And the theremin, because nobody else does.

Personality/History: Ricky's lived in this city all his life - he lives with his mom and two older sisters on the north side of town. He's pretty self-centered - he has few close friends, and even they don't know him that well. But that's the way he likes it, because it gives him time to focus on his music. If you did get to know him, though, you'd find that he has very strong opinions about music, but is apathetic about pretty much everything else - including school. Somehow, though, he's lucky enough to stumble through each day. Ricky likes metal and indie rock - in those genres, there are less "sell-outs," as he puts it.

As a musician, his greatest fear is "selling out," whatever that means, because he sees it as the end of that band's true creative output. He fears selling out so much, that if he joined a band, he'd hope it never became famous, and so they wouldn't even have the option to sell out. The best bands are the ones you've never heard of, he reasons. Because of this view, he's often at odds with his bandmates, starting with the name of the band. Led Zeppelin sold out after they released the album with "Stairway to Heaven" on it, he thinks. If he had his way, he'd call the band something absurd, like The Fried Liver Experiment, or Nonconformist Unification...or even something unprintable, which would be the ultimate way to stay unknown.

Physical Description: He's short, has an athletic build, green eyes, and a thick mop of black hair. He wears shirts with bizarre graphics on them, or logos/names of bands nobody's ever heard of, or with random pretentious references.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby rocklobster » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:32 am

You're approved. Can you tell me what a theremin is?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Midori » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:34 pm

Midori

Postby samurai10 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:20 pm

i'll be a girl who can play violin, piano, and sing. i'm not sure if you want me to be in the band though, i can be
Name: Rumainia Smith
Nickname: Ruman
Musical Talent:She can sing, play violin and piano.
Personality:Very shy. She doesn't have very many friends, because she is very shy, but those who are her friends know her true self. She gets many compliments whenever she plays piano or violin, but she usually is just stiffly polite. She's easy to make laugh, but at the same time, she's got a temper, and is annoyed when she can't get a song right. Very sarcastic to bullies, and usually makes them annoyed instead of herself.
Physical description: Dark brown hair, about 5' 3, blue eyes, thin frame. she has bangs.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:31 pm

You're in. Have her be a new member. Make it like you saw an ad on a church bulletin board and go from there.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Ella Edric » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Is this still free for players?
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Postby rocklobster » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

yeah, you don't have to be a bandmate, btw. You can be a friend of the bandmates or a relative or even a neighbor.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:26 pm

Here you go, Rocky. As per request.

Name: Eriko Lamar
Musical Talent: Eriko can play a variety of considerable "classic" instruments such as , viola, standing bass, and the traditional Japanese string mandolin.
Personality/History: Eriko lives a strange but privelged life. Her American father and Japanese mother were killed in a terrible plane crash when she was thirteen, and she inherited their grand estate. Her grandfather and only other living relative runs the family company and allows Eriko to do as she pleases. She, therefore, lives alone in a comfortable little house outside of the main city--which is great for rehearsals. Because of all of this, however, she can be very sad and lonely. She is searching for a close group of friends, so the idea of rock music is appealing to her. Her mother was an accomplished musician in the Tokyo Philaharmonic, so Eriko too aspires for a career in music. Eriko tries her best and is extremely bright, but she is still reserved and a bit shy. Overall, she just wants to open up with friends.
Physical Description: Conservatively dressed in a black dress and petticoat, Eriko is a darling image. She has bright brown almond eyes and long black hair. She stands roughly 5'2" and weighs a bit over 100 lbs.....kawaii desu ne!
Extra (if needed):Is afraid of airplanes and heights.

Name: Robyn Copeland
Musical Talent: Robyn is a concert instrumentist aswell, playing flute, clarinet, saxophone, tympani, and trumpet. She can also sing some alto.
Personality/History: Robyn is a spitfire....to say the least. She grew up in a few bad foster homes, but it never seems to get her spirits down. After graduating, she was accepted into prestigious musicial university and studied abroad in Europe and Asia. After graduating, she took a teaching job in the states as a music head for a school of musical genius (our setting). She loves the kids and their abilities, and is very fond of Eriko, who is the daughter of her deceased childhood friend. Although brash and short-tempered, Robyn has a big heart and wants to help the band.
Physical Description: Robyn is a bronzed skinned woman with short and crazy hair that is dark auburn with large green-blue eyes. She is fairly tall standing at 5'7" and weighing 130 lbs. She is usually wears slacks or skinny jeans to class, boots, and elaborately frilled shirts to cover her numerous tattoos.
Extra (if needed): Throws tennis balls at musicians when off key and adores licorice.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:32 am

Well, I like the characters, but there's a slight problem. Since they're not from the town, we'll work it in the story that one of them can provide transportation. (think a tour bus or something like that) So, why not have them see an ad at the church (that's the only place you can see the ad, btw. Calvin's mom placed it there) and then drive to the address? I'll do the rest.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying