The Legendary Light

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

The Legendary Light

Postby Sparx00 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:44 am

Okay. It's been a while since I have been involved in RPGs but, I have decided to come out of retirement and create one that I hope will be my finest yet.

This RPG is based off of an old short story I wrote for school. (I got an A!)
The good news is, the story is as epic as ever. The bad news though...

Those who wish to play are required to read the original story I wrote to fully understand what is going on. (That means reading a wall of text that will probably span three posts.)

I really hope this doesn't stop you from reading the story and joining in. (I promise you'll like it!)

First part of the story:

It was dark. A man dressed in a dark cloak ran through the trees of an ancient forest. Panting heavily, he dove under the exposed roots of an old tree trunk. It was quiet. Two creatures dropped from the branches over head behind him, sniffing the air. These creatures resembled men yet, their form was different. They had a large build, backwards bending knees and what looked like black burns all over their charred bodies. Along with all these, their voices were also deep and gurgled whenever they talked. Their heads were swollen and disfigured with horns and large jaws that were nearly big enough to bite a full grown man in half. One turned to the other and bellowed loudly, "We lost him! This is all your fault!" The other responded angrily, "If you hadn't left the keys where he could have reached them, we wouldn't be in this mess!" The other roared in rage and replied, "Forget it! Let's just head back." Both of the creatures jumped back into the trees, and all was silent again. The man waited. "Something isn't right..." The man thought to himself. He ducked further under the root to get a clear view of the place the creatures had been. Nothing was in sight. The leaves were falling as he looked around. "... Wait a minute, the leaves shouldn't be falling at this time of year. The creatures are still here!" The man realized. "The only thing I can do is make a run for it and hope they don't catch me. M-maybe I can buy some time if I throw a rock in their direction." Clutching a nearby rock in his hand, the man silently got into a sprinting position. The man rose up to his full hight, threw the rock up into the tree branches, and dashed forward. A shout of pain was heard followed by a loud thud on the ground behind him "ARUGH! He hit me in the eye!" The other creature jumped down form the tree, "Don't just lay there you maggot! Get after him!" It said running after the man. "Rrrgh! I'm going to kill that little worm!" Letting out a terrible roar, the creature took off at full speed gaining ground on the man fast. "Almost there! Just a little farther!" Said the man running into the heart of the woods. "No! We have to stop him now!" yelled out the lead creature. "I'll gladly end it right here!" said the creature who got hit in the eye. It leaped through the air roaring and caught the man by his foot. "No! No no no!!!" said the man as he was pulled backwards to the creatures. "You will pay with your life for throwing that rock at me." The creature raised it's claws and swung them downward. The man closed his eyes. But nothing had happened. The man opened them to see the creature in front of him impaled with a gigantic sword. The creature let out a shriek and vanished in a pillar of fire. The other creature turned to run but was also impaled and vanished as well. The man quickly picked himself up off the ground and bowed on his knee. "My lord! Thank you for saving my life! Without you I would have died!" The man with the sword turned and threw off his hood. "What news do you bring soldier?" The man standing up straight gave his report. "This is troublesome." said the man with the sword. "What action will we take my lord?" Asked the man. "... We must leave the forest. And spread out among the enemy." The man shrunk back in disbelief. "Live among the enemy!? That goes against everything that out ancestors-" the man with the sword interrupted, "I know that it does and I know that it is treason, but it's the only way we can save our people." The man stood in place silently for a bit, and later replied, "Your decision is final then?" The man with the sword turned and replied with, "It is. Now inform the people. We must go before it is too late." The man bowed and said. "As you wish lord Eleazar."
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Sparx00 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:45 am

Second part of the story:

Early morning, it was still dark. The whole village had been preparing for travel. Eleazar entered his house and approached his wife who was packing the cooking ware. "Are you ready Sara?" She looked up from the bag she was packing. "Yes dear. I am ready." said Sara. "Good. We will need to leave as soon as we can if we plan to escape." replied Eleazar. Sara looked back down at the bag and started packing again. Eleazar paused a moment and looked at her. "Is there... Something on your mind?" Sara looked up at him. "Yes..." Eleazar bent down to her level. "What is it? Is there something you want to tell me?" Sara nodded her head. "What is it Sara?" asked Eleazar. "I'm pregnant." A look of great joy came over Eleazar much like an explorer who had just found a priceless treasure. "We are going to have a child?" Sara smiled and nodded. "What shall we name it?" Sara thought for a moment. "We'll call him Leonidas." Eleazar looked a little puzzled. "Him?" he inquired. "Yes. It's a boy." said Sara. "How do you know?" asked Eleazar looking puzzled again. "I... Just know. It's strange but, I just know we're going to have a boy somehow." Eleazar didn't question her any further. The whole matter was too much for him to think about at the moment. "Well, what if it's a girl?" he asked. "A girl?" wondered Sara. "How about Nicole?" she replied. "A fine name." said Eleazar. "Weather it be a boy or girl, I'm sure that it will be a grand heir." Sara replied. "I'm sure it will." Eleazar left the house and Sara went back to packing. Eleazar sighed with grief. "How will I tell her?" he asked himself. "How will I tell her that when a hero of legend has an heir to take his place, the hero will-" A soldier ran up to Eleazar. "Sir! Sir! Terrible news! We've been betrayed!" Eleazar reacted in shock. "What?! By who?" Eleazar asked. "It's the soldier you rescued last night! He was one of Mara's men in disguise! He left a message saying that we would all be dead before sunrise!" Eleazar cursed. "How could I be so careless!?" He said to himself. "We need to move now sir!" The soldier replied. "Agreed. Tell the villagers to leave behind every non-essential item and flee now!" The soldier saluted and ran off. Eleazar ran back to the house. "Sara! We need to go!" She didn't question him. Sara threw the rest of the cooking wares in the bag and hauled it onto a wagon hitched up to two large horses. "That's the last of it dear." She said to Eleazar. "Good lets move." Eleazar and Sara approached the rear village gate. There was an explosion heard in the distance along with the war cries of thousands of creatures like the ones that Eleazar killed last night. Eleazar turned to the noise. "Eleazar no! We have to leave!" Eleazar looked back at Sara and said, "Sara. I have something to tell you. It's best I tell you now otherwise-" his words were cut off by a large explosion at the main gate. Hundreds of black creatures swarmed in and started killing everything in sight. Mara walked in behind the first wave and shouted out, "Kill everything! Leave nothing alive!" Eleazar bared his teeth in anger. He grabbed a nearby soldier who was running to the fight ensuing between the creatures and the other soldiers. "Soldier! What is your name?" Eleazar asked. "I-it's Naarai sir!" The soldier replied. "I need you to take my wife from this place. Protect her with your life and look after her as long as you live... I won't be coming back from this fight." Sara looked at Eleazar in disbelief. "W-what are you saying??" Eleazar turned to Sara. "I'm saying that, I will not survive this battle." Sara gasped. "What!? No! I won't let you stay here and die!" Eleazar took the sword from his belt and handed it to Sara. "This sword is our child's inheritance. Do not loose it." Eleazar turned back to the soldier and said, "No matter what she says, no matter what she tries, no matter what she does, do not let her come back for me." Eleazar then ran toward the battle. Sara let out a scream. "Noooooo!" Naarai grabbed Sara and got onto the cart. "Let me go! I can't let him do this!" Sara shouted. Naarai ignored Sara's cries and did as Eleazar told him. As Naarai and Sara got further away, the sound of Sara's cries became silence. "Forgive me Sara, but I cannot allow you to be killed. Not when you have our child."
Sparx00

Postby Sparx00 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:47 am

Final part of the story: *Finally!*

Eleazar stood among the bodies of his fallen men and the corpses of the black creatures which had been slain in the battle. Mara stood on a heap of the soldier's corpses grinning evilly at Eleazar. "You come into my village, you kill my people, you had better be prepared for your punishment." Eleazar stated in an angry voice. Mara laughed out loud. "You really think you can survive long enough to get to me? You're clearly outnumbered!" Mara snapped his fingers and a legion of creatures appeared from the shadows and lined up ready to fight. There was a pause. "End him." Mara said in a low sinister voice. The legion charged forward bellowing out war cries. Eleazar pulled a near by sword about the same size as his out of the ground and in a single swipe, decapitated five of the creatures. The legion stopped dead in it's tracks. "Would anyone else like to have their heads cut off?" Some of the creatures stepped back. Mara's eyes burned with rage. "What are you all doing?! GET HIM NOW!!!" Eleazar charged forward unwaveringly with a blood curdling war cry and clashed with the front line of creatures killing four of them with one slash, and two more by impaling them onto his sword. The creatures brave enough to stay and fight charged while the others fled shrieking in terror. Ten of the creatures leaped into the air with their claws ready to slash at Eleazar. But Eleazar raised his right hand and light shot from his palm killing the ten in the air as well as another thirty on the ground around him. The other creatures wavered trying to stand their ground. Eleazar poured his energy into the sword causing it to glow then jumped into the air with his sword over his head. Letting out a long, loud cry, he swung his sword down at the creatures shooting out a blazing ark of light from the blade taking out fifty. The creatures then realized they were no match for Eleazar's power and that they would all die if they stayed. "Retreat!! Retreat!!" Shouted the lead creature as he along with the rest of the creatures fled back into the forest. "What are you doing you maggots?!" Mara shouted angrily chasing after them. Eleazar gave chase. He caught up with Mara at the edge of the wood shouting out into the clearing "You stupid useless insects! Get back here and kill him!!!" Mara swung his arms around in rage. "Your army is gone Mara. Now turn and face me." said Eleazar in a commanding tone. Mara turned around slowly and snarled, "I don't need them! I'll kill you myself!" Mara snapped his fingers and a sword enshrouded by a black mist appeared. Mara grabbed it and charged forward screaming at Eleazar. They clashed. Eleazar swung for Mara's legs but Mara jumped out of the way before the hit could land. Mara then sliced both of Eleazar's arms leaving deep cuts. Eleazar let out a grunt of pain and swung his sword again cutting Mara's right eye. Mara dropped to the ground letting out a shout of agony. "MY EYE! YOU'VE CUT OUT MY EYE!!!" Eleazar stood in place panting heavily. The pain that coursed through Eleazar's arms was absolutely harrowing, and worsened with every passing second. Mara had noticed that Eleazar had let his guard down and sliced Eleazar's right calf open. Eleazar let out a shout and dropped to his knees. Mara got up and staggered towards Eleazar. "You may have taken my eye, but now I get to take your life!" Mara raised his sword in the air. "You shouldn't have let your guard down fool." With his last bit of strength, Eleazar quickly plunged his sword deep into Mara's chest while screaming in pain. Mara spat up blood and fell to the ground silent, his body motionless. "You are the one who shouldn't have let your guard down." said Eleazar as he fell forward on the ground. Eleazar rolled over and stared up at the star filled sky. The severity of the wounds along with the evil energy that had flowed through Mara's blade was starting to take Eleazar's life. With his time drawing near, Eleazar started to pray. "Great father up in heaven, I will not be here on earth much longer. I plead to you father, watch after my wife and child, and please, let my child grow up to be a great hero, so that he... or she, can... protect.....your...........people." Eleazar closed his eyes and with his last breath muttered, "Amen."

As the RPers, your role is to either help Leonidas (The good guy), or assist Mara (The evil guy).

Please give the following information:

Name:
Personality: (As in Good or Evil.)
Weapon/Fighting Skills:
History:
Magic Power/s: (Request VIA PM)
Starting Point/Home: (You may choose to start at any of the towns of the land of Menus. Timberdale: The hidden forest town where Leonidas lives. Tavistan: The desert oasis town. Valderon: The great city of war. Scrumus: The dark land where Mara resides.)

All besides magic power/s are required. History is not needed if you want you character to have a dark past. If that is the case, PM me. (We don't want too many dark characters at a time.) Also, all races are human. No elves, dwarves or any other kind of creature.

You may have up to three characters each. Either may support Leonidas (Good) or Mara (Evil) Only 5 people can have evil characters though as Mara has only 5 generals. If you wish to be a general PM me. PS: Generals do not have histories.

Also, let's have a posting limit of about six posts a day. *I don't wanna have to read a whole book to catch up on what I missed while I was gone.*

Edit: You may also ask if your character may use magic. (Request VIA PM or chat if you happen to find me there.) State your magic power along with details. (NO god like powers like changing reality or freezing time.) Magic users may have up to 2 powers each.
Sparx00

Postby Diamond Dragon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Name: Mizuki Monro
Appearance: http://s3.hubimg.com/u/92410_f520.jpg
Weapon/Fighting Skills: Knows Judo and karate, has twin katanas
Magic Power/s: Mental powers
History: Her parents died when she was young, and a young couple took her in and raised her.
Starting Point/Home: Timberdale
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Mister » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Name: Shammah Von Jeager
Weapon/Fighting Skills: trained in advanced Akido, Muay Thai, and an early version of Crav Maga.
History: Tell was trained by his father as the eldest of three sons to inherit their legacy of Blade-less Assassins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Sparx00 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:37 pm

Could you guys please add the other needed information to your characters? Thank you!
Sparx00

Postby acgifford » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:09 am

Name:Cedric Ahall
Personality:neither good nor evil. He is for himself.
Weapon/Fighting Skills:dual swords, juijitsu type fighting skills. Very nimble and quick.
History:He ran away from home when he was 13 because he thought living life on the edge would be more interesting then living on a farm for the rest of his life. He is now a common thief. He does have a code he follows though.
Magic Power/s: none.
Starting Point/Home: Timberdale

Is this okay buddy?
acgifford

Postby Sparx00 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:03 am

That's perfect Alexa. :thumb:
Sparx00

Postby Wind » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Name: Asara
Nickname: Saari
Personality: good personality
Weapon/Fighting Skills: she has all the skills of a ninja and weapons to match
History: unknown at this point would like to reveal as the RPG progresses
Magic Power/s: The Ability to create and control Fire
Starting Point/Home: Timberdale: The hidden forest town where Leonidas lives. ( I was wondering if my character could be a long time friend of Leonidas)

this is what Asara looks like

She has a large panther companion named Nira
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Sparx00 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:43 am

Alright, anybody else want to join before I send it in?
Sparx00

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying